• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
haha, i wonder if i was supposed to write up a little blurb for Argena as one of the royals...
No, I don't think it's essential and necessary, unless you wanted to add the lore to add onto your character's information. At this moment, the roleplay will fall into the interactions during the ball. I plan to have it a week-long full of festivals and stuff since other Kingdoms are visiting. There might be another arc after, but the most important part is trying to reunite the Kingdoms together again.

haha, i wonder if i was supposed to write up a little blurb for Argena as one of the royals...
Nah we can figure that stuff out later, just funny to point out how Argena is the most "vanilla" kingdom for now compared to the tea in Yukio and Lumina.

No, I don't think it's essential and necessary, unless you wanted to add the lore to add onto your character's information. At this moment, the roleplay will fall into the interactions during the ball. I plan to have it a week-long full of festivals and stuff since other Kingdoms are visiting. There might be another arc after, but the most important part is trying to reunite the Kingdoms together again.
i'm so excited!

Nah we can figure that stuff out later, just funny to point out how Argena is the most "vanilla" kingdom for now compared to the tea in Yukio and Lumina.
LOL yeah! hopefully as things progress, that'll change. for now, it seems appropriate that Argena is a little bland; it's like the beginning region in a video game ^^

No need to be in a rush to finish your cs! Take your time ^^ I'm still working on some things so hopefully it'll be up soon. I promise the latest is tomorrow! Things came up and I couldn't get work done today with the rp

lion. lion. Jian is absolutely wonderful! I love him so much, I would love to discuss any relationships with him with the princess as a painter. ^^

Yukito has been posted- sorry for the wait but I really wanted mostly finish him before I stepped in again! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am probably going to add more to it as more is discussed here and happens in the roleplay. For one I know I still need to bullet virtues/vices, likes and dislikes. And I may have gotten a bit wordy

In regards to the war, we know that demons, half demons, anyone who wasn't wholly human was given the boot. That's something to be sour about but not start any wars yet. A war to happen between them would likely be the result of past grievances and transgressions (as some of you have already said), of which would be difficult o manifest if another country, Lumina, sits between them- I find it difficult even as poor in wealth and power Lumina is they would just let the other two walk in and out to throw rocks and call each other names. I have been thinking that all three countries border each other, but that doesn't mean Lumina wouldn't suffer from the eventual war that takes place, maybe they originally tried supporting and supplying both sides, but in the middle their supposed profit was turned against them.

In Yukio there are those at the base of the mountains, in the valleys, that are wild and do not necessarily heed the King and Queen, at the time of building up to this war, it's likely they felt freely to terrorize those just past Yukio's borders despite the more civil that live on the mountains denying connection with them. Granted that insinuates the borders not being walled/protected well enough so it's an idea I leave for everyone to play around with. But the assassination of the family may work well with this as it would leave an opening for Yukio demons/inhabitants to get in and carry it out. Maybe they thought they would be able to conquer Argena this way (albeit a rather childish dream from a wise man's point of view). Thus then perhaps an aggressive request that Yukio start controlling its "people" better, and failing to do so starts a war. Thus also the reasoning behind the royal family's and mountain warriors routine to come down the mountain and effectively slay a bunch of wily demons, etc. (post-war).

Yukito has been posted- sorry for the wait but I really wanted mostly finish him before I stepped in again! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am probably going to add more to it as more is discussed here and happens in the roleplay. For one I know I still need to bullet virtues/vices, likes and dislikes. And I may have gotten a bit wordy

In regards to the war, we know that demons, half demons, anyone who wasn't wholly human was given the boot. That's something to be sour about but not start any wars yet. A war to happen between them would likely be the result of past grievances and transgressions (as some of you have already said), of which would be difficult o manifest if another country, Lumina, sits between them- I find it difficult even as poor in wealth and power Lumina is they would just let the other two walk in and out to throw rocks and call each other names. I have been thinking that all three countries border each other, but that doesn't mean Lumina wouldn't suffer from the eventual war that takes place, maybe they originally tried supporting and supplying both sides, but in the middle their supposed profit was turned against them.

In Yukio there are those at the base of the mountains, in the valleys, that are wild and do not necessarily heed the King and Queen, at the time of building up to this war, it's likely they felt freely to terrorize those just past Yukio's borders despite the more civil that live on the mountains denying connection with them. Granted that insinuates the borders not being walled/protected well enough so it's an idea I leave for everyone to play around with. But the assassination of the family may work well with this as it would leave an opening for Yukio demons/inhabitants to get in and carry it out. Maybe they thought they would be able to conquer Argena this way (albeit a rather childish dream from a wise man's point of view). Thus then perhaps an aggressive request that Yukio start controlling its "people" better, and failing to do so starts a war. Thus also the reasoning behind the royal family's and mountain warriors routine to come down the mountain and effectively slay a bunch of wily demons, etc. (post-war).
deep thought think GIF by Yultron

Good idea with the demons ! As for Lumina I was thinking about it being one of the safest road but not the ONLY one if it make sense ? Like Yukio and Argena could trade without setting foot in Lumina but since they are here and pre-war where decently defended, they often took that road. As Lumina finance were good pre-war, not extraordinary, but given a decade or two they would have been a relatively well off kingdom.

So maybe changing it to "strategic" location favorable to trade could give more leeway ? They absolutely tried to remain neutral and play both side at first. As where was Lumina lacking pre-war was probably in military might ? With them being use to fight defensively, but their army being much less powerful then Argena or Yukio. So they where stuck basically trying to wave them away when they got too close to their Kingdom with varying success and dealing with war problems.

As for wild demon I have an idea. Feel free to use or expand if you like it. What about the wild demon infiltrating Argena by getting into a trade caravans while it was in Lumina ? So then all three kingdom would be more involve into the war. Like security was more lax before and no one imagined that someone would try an assassinate the fricking King and Queen of Argena. So the demons managed to snuck in ?

I just had an epiphany. Listen, like before feel free to take or discard. But this could turn out really, really cool.

What if Argena, Lumina and Yukio, were all a bunch of hypocrites ? A huge bunch of hypocrites that refuse to admit that this war was a bit of everyone fault, while not being only one kingdom fault ?

Let's rewind to before the war.

Argena = Was chasing non human out of their territory for years out of pure prejudice. Driving a lot to have to take refuge in Yukio or else entirely. As well as trying to impose themselves on others. Becoming a symbol of oppression for non humans.

Yukio = treat demon they consider wild as well as the poor (the two seem to be the same) as second class citizens, confining them to basically ghettos. Pretending to care but in fact treating them as non citizens. Which is why death and murders are common place.

Lumina = Shamelessly try to profit from all of this. Making a lot of their fortune by exploiting the runaway non humans to do dangerous jobs and then selling those products to Argena. Exploiting or even increasing tensions if it benefit them.

Imagine. You are non humans, Argena chase you and your family out of their kingdom, leaving you penniless and rightfully resentful. Some decide to move to Lumina which is close by, but barely get treated better on top of being exploited like slaves. So you try your hand at Yukio hoping that the land of demons is truly a heavens for non humans like the rumors say. Unfortunately for you, Yukio find that you are too "wild" to live among "civilized" people. So they put you with the poor and the criminals at the base of the mountains.

Now, imagine. Truly visualize, the growing hatred and resentment some non humans develop for not only Argena, Lumina or Yukio, but all three at the same time. Now as Argena continue to drive more non humans out, Lumina to exploit them and Yukio to refuse them citizenship, imagine that number growing, and growing, enough that soon it can be called a fringe.

And that fringe start to become political, it start to organize. And soon you have a small group of radical planning for the Royal family of Argena assassination. Wanting to send a message by taking down what they see as the biggest symbol of their oppression.

The plan is simple but prove deadly effective. They will infiltrate a trade caravans of Yukio going to Lumina, then infiltrate an Argena one headed for the palace and finally the mission will start. And it succeed. In Yukio, lower non humans guarding caravans are common place. In Lumina, non humans workers are everywhere, of course they pass incognito. And in Argena, they just have to disguise themselves. No one suspect that non humans would be crazy enough to try and hurt the Royal family, right ?

And so now we have the three kingdoms shocked to their core each not understanding how that could have happened. And of course they react badly.

Argena = Is thrown into their biggest political turmoil since their foundation. They decide to blame all non humans, never questioning how their prejudices and hatred could have lead to this. And casually start a war on an entire group of innocent people for the action of a few. Deciding that a genocide is absolutely the good idea. Adamantly refuse to change their bigoted belief and think themselves the superior and only "civilized" one.

Yukio = Maintain that they have nothing to do with this. It was the "wild" non humans that did it. Refuse to entertain the idea that they are in need of social reforms. Ignore how they thought so lowly of them that they treated them like cavemen. Didn't imagine one second they would be able to pull off such a feat. Refuse to address how they were so cut off from the poor that they didn't see this radical movement forming or even how unlivable the base of the mountain was.

Lumina = Desperately try to pass as the true victims as their precious economy is now in shamble. Accuse the other two of been responsible for all of this. Denie how it's their fault that their economy was fragile to begin with. Never mention all the time they increased tensions voluntarily or how they never did anything for the non humans bad treatment, as they didn't want to lose their cheap labor. Maintain that they did all they could. Which sound very hollow as they had largely enough for security but refused to spend more money than necessary on insignificant merchants. Which lead to the radical taking advantage of their low security and greediness.

And finally the results.

Argena = Still powerful but no one is dupe. They lost a huge part of their political power by taking two massive blow. One for the King and another for the Queen. As what powerful kingdom get it rulers so easily killed ? Also has to deal with a young ruler that haven't made his proof yet.

Yukio = Good enough. But has to deal with a huge loss of influence as now they are known as not being much better for non humans. As what kind of kingdom treat it citizens like subhuman but pretend to be better ? The war also revealed and increased social problems that where already there.

Lumina = Barely holding. Wealth difference is much bigger then before, so rebellion is brewing among lower class. But what's hurt more is that their reputation as a kingdom is in tatter. As what kind of successful kingdom is known as the poorest among it peers ? Lost huge part of their trade deals and economic power.

I just had an epiphany. Listen, like before feel free to take or discard. But this could turn out really, really cool.

What if Argena, Lumina and Yukio, were all a bunch of hypocrites ? A huge bunch of hypocrites that refuse to admit that this war was a bit of everyone fault, while not being only one kingdom fault ?

Let's rewind to before the war.

Argena = Was chasing non human out of their territory for years out of pure prejudice. Driving a lot to have to take refuge in Yukio or else entirely. As well as trying to impose themselves on others. Becoming a symbol of oppression for non humans.

Yukio = treat demon they consider wild as well as the poor (the two seem to be the same) as second class citizens, confining them to basically ghettos. Pretending to care but in fact treating them as non citizens. Which is why death and murders are common place.

Lumina = Shamelessly try to profit from all of this. Making a lot of their fortune by exploiting the runaway non humans to do dangerous jobs and then selling those products to Argena. Exploiting or even increasing tensions if it benefit them.

Imagine. You are non humans, Argena chase you and your family out of their kingdom, leaving you penniless and rightfully resentful. Some decide to move to Lumina which is close by, but barely get treated better on top of being exploited like slaves. So you try your hand at Yukio hoping that the land of demons is truly a heavens for non humans like the rumors say. Unfortunately for you, Yukio find that you are too "wild" to live among "civilized" people. So they put you with the poor and the criminals at the base of the mountains.

Now, imagine. Truly visualize, the growing hatred and resentment some non humans develop for not only Argena, Lumina or Yukio, but all three at the same time. Now as Argena continue to drive more non humans out, Lumina to exploit them and Yukio to refuse them citizenship, imagine that number growing, and growing, enough that soon it can be called a fringe.

And that fringe start to become political, it start to organize. And soon you have a small group of radical planning for the Royal family of Argena assassination. Wanting to send a message by taking down what they see as the biggest symbol of their oppression.

The plan is simple but prove deadly effective. They will infiltrate a trade caravans of Yukio going to Lumina, then infiltrate an Argena one headed for the palace and finally the mission will start. And it succeed. In Yukio, lower non humans guarding caravans are common place. In Lumina, non humans workers are everywhere, of course they pass incognito. And in Argena, they just have to disguise themselves. No one suspect that non humans would be crazy enough to try and hurt the Royal family, right ?

And so now we have the three kingdoms shocked to their core each not understanding how that could have happened. And of course they react badly.

Argena = Is thrown into their biggest political turmoil since their foundation. They decide to blame all non humans, never questioning how their prejudices and hatred could have lead to this. And casually start a war on an entire group of innocent people for the action of a few. Deciding that a genocide is absolutely the good idea. Adamantly refuse to change their bigoted belief and think themselves the superior and only "civilized" one.

Yukio = Maintain that they have nothing to do with this. It was the "wild" non humans that did it. Refuse to entertain the idea that they are in need of social reforms. Ignore how they thought so lowly of them that they treated them like cavemen. Didn't imagine one second they would be able to pull off such a feat. Refuse to address how they were so cut off from the poor that they didn't see this radical movement forming or even how unlivable the base of the mountain was.

Lumina = Desperately try to pass as the true victims as their precious economy is now in shamble. Accuse the other two of been responsible for all of this. Denie how it's their fault that their economy was fragile to begin with. Never mention all the time they increased tensions voluntarily or how they never did anything for the non humans bad treatment, as they didn't want to lose their cheap labor. Maintain that they did all they could. Which sound very hollow as they had largely enough for security but refused to spend more money than necessary on insignificant merchants. Which lead to the radical taking advantage of their low security and greediness.

And finally the results.

Argena = Still powerful but no one is dupe. They lost a huge part of their political power by taking two massive blow. One for the King and another for the Queen. As what powerful kingdom get it rulers so easily killed ? Also has to deal with a young ruler that haven't made his proof yet.

Yukio = Good enough. But has to deal with a huge loss of influence as now they are known as not being much better for non humans. As what kind of kingdom treat it citizens like subhuman but pretend to be better ? The war also revealed and increased social problems that where already there.

Lumina = Barely holding. Wealth difference is much bigger then before, so rebellion is brewing among lower class. But what's hurt more is that their reputation as a kingdom is in tatter. As what kind of successful kingdom is known as the poorest among it peers ? Lost huge part of their trade deals and economic power.
Haha I like some of the world building, but I think Yukio needs to have more of a role in the attack, otherwise what would be the point in going to war with them? Is it just like a racial cleansing? Also, a kingdom, even a shitty one, tends to have a ton of just circumstantial protection. Like knights stationed within palace walls, or the complexity of entering a palace for people who have no business being there, even just navigating around the halls with a ton of guards, servants, officials, etc. My point is, no kingdom is that lax haha. I do like the idea of the caravans though.

You could say Yukio assassin's either murdered a caravan of Lumina merchants or maybe Lumina just straight up gave the assassin's a caravan with paperwork and proper documentation, then the Yukio assassin's either instigated the fringe or wild demons into hiding within caravan, releasing them to cause as much chaos as possible. That way they could disguise themselves and sneak in and suicide attack the king and queen.

Then because of Yukio's direct involvement, argena would have it's justification. You could also say they were not able to prove Lumina's involvement, so they decided to cut trade with them all together. That way everyone more or less suffers in some way.

Haha I like some of the world building, but I think Yukio needs to have more of a role in the attack, otherwise what would be the point in going to war with them? Is it just like a racial cleansing? Also, a kingdom, even a shitty one, tends to have a ton of just circumstantial protection. Like knights stationed within palace walls, or the complexity of entering a palace for people who have no business being there, even just navigating around the halls with a ton of guards, servants, officials, etc. My point is, no kingdom is that lax haha. I do like the idea of the caravans though.

You could say Yukio assassin's either murdered a caravan of Lumina merchants or maybe Lumina just straight up gave the assassin's a caravan with paperwork and proper documentation, then the Yukio assassin's either instigated the fringe or wild demons into hiding within caravan, releasing them to cause as much chaos as possible. That way they could disguise themselves and sneak in and suicide attack the king and queen.

Then because of Yukio's direct involvement, argena would have it's justification. You could also say they were not able to prove Lumina's involvement, so they decided to cut trade with them all together. That way everyone more or less suffers in some way.
Sorry did a part of your post got cut off ? :o I arrived to "This would give Lumina too much amount of....." and then refresh and all of that disappeared ???

By Yukio assassins do you mean the radical or other one entirety ? What would be Yukio reasons to sent assassins though ? Unless we go for the two itching for war. Or another reason beside the radicals. For Argena, I thought it made sense that since they where already deeply prejudice they would jump on any justification to get rid of Yukio. Kind of like how the country in WW1 already had tensions between them and when a valid reasons for war came they didn't think twice.

I was also thinking about the radicals going for suicide attacks ! Is this the security of Lumina you are talking about ? I think it would make sense if the group of radicals planned their coup like months before and had connection in Lumina due to the high number of non humans there. I love the idea of them being in multiple caravans so they are those that are tasked with causing chaos to divert attention while the rest go for the rulers.

I was thinking about security being understaffed rather then lax in Lumina, at least for lower merchants. As they where deemed not that important.

As for Argena in general, you are right that their security would be good. What I based my impression on is that they were complacent at that time. Today their still powerful but before they clearly dominated the others and peace was taken for granted. So I believe it wouldn't be far fetched for them to not think they could ever be attacked on their own territory and thus not being as thorough as they should have been with security.

For Yukio, I thought they were involve enough as the radical come from there so whether they wanted they where associated with them. But we could say that it was only a matter of time before something happen. As Argena told off Yukio multiple time for the wild demon causing problems but Yukio decided to ignore it. Because why would they listen to the humans bigot ? Which lead to the radicals passing under radars. And Lumina didn't help by closing their eyes over their rowdier non humans workers, which allowed the radical to plan and get legal papers there easily.

So all three where involve equally in short. I'm really going for a sort of WW1 comparison where this war could have been avoided but each side was too entrenched in their position.

Yukio player any opinions or ideas for your kingdom involvement ? weatheringwings weatheringwings supermartinbros supermartinbros lion. lion. -ferret- -ferret-

Just had an idea. Tajunโ€™s family of disgraced beast elf nobles could have been deposed because of the war. That would certainly explain the strong nostalgia and also make Tajunโ€™s inclination towards banditry more understandable, as the son of a noble house who canโ€™t quiet remember how strong it once was but also has a fantasy idea of it.

I meant Yukio assassin's specifically sent by management to strike a blow to Argena. Maybe not specifically the rulers, but possibly a more radical faction or maybe a lesser royal looking to make a name for himself in a war. Historically, it's not uncommon for foreign powers to send soldiers and/or supplies to aid insurrectionists. There are quite a few examples in real life of soldiers being sent to train rebels and provide them with weapons and equipment to depose a ruling power. There's also the possibility of sending professionals into refugee and/or rebel camps to blend in and slowly radicalize them. As far as complacency in security goes, I can understand them overlooking the kind of checks one normally does for merchant caravans, possibly even just being bribed to look the other way, but security around royalty is a different story, not to mention the fallout for the soldier's families for not doing their one job. That's why I suggested assassins, as they would probably have the specific skill set to disguise, sneak, and pull the trigger, as opposed to some random donks that are probably malnourished and poorly trained from living as outcasts in yukio.

I mean, I'm not gonna split hairs or die on any hills for historical accuracy haha. I'm more or less fine with what's on the table. The human supremacy route even kind of feeds into my character back story a bit, with the temp ruling power offing Amaris's mom and even trying to get rid of her too. And also the many assassination attempts up until the present day as well. ๐Ÿ‘

But there isn't a reason for yukio royalty to specifically send assassins to kill the ruling family, bto anymore than there would be by the other rulers sending assassins after the other royal families. Yukio is involved enough from whats been said in my opinion, just because they (the royal family) aren't blatantly throwing swords versus their people doing it on their own without cate for the crowns say doesn't mean they are any less responsible than the ones who committed the murders, because regardless if you knew about it or not, at the end of the day, any person will see this as Yukio's rulers lacking control of their people and their fault for the assassinations/murders. I do otherwise like everything thats been mentioned, especially the social class as thats kind of what I was going for with Yukio (the motif of the wild at the base of the mountains and the more Civil at the top). This doesn't mean that today's rulers are as bad as their formers, but I know the current king feels as if he certainly won't be able to fix everything, he can only set things in motion, and then there's the prophecy that they need to unite their kingdoms versus be at ones throats. I also would like to clarify that the wilds are not intended to be poor, rather they choose a lifestyle thats more fit to their wild and lawless nature, it doesn't necessarily make them poor and they feel more of their combat and bloodlust desires, so they have just as much opportunity and ability to train and be proficient in whatever skill set they work at.

Sorry for a double post but I also wanted to say, I'm not against the idea that someone in the royal line did send assassins etc, I just don't see why they would? What would they gain, its not like they would be able to conquer them by doing that even while wilds terrorize their neighbors, and they (the royal) would know this, especially with the rift between the bottom and the top of their own country. The wilds I can see doing it because they would be more petty and not care about the same consequences as those in the royal line.

Sorry for a double post but I also wanted to say, I'm not against the idea that someone in the royal line did send assassins etc, I just don't see why they would? What would they gain, its not like they would be able to conquer them by doing that even while wilds terrorize their neighbors, and they (the royal) would know this, especially with the rift between the bottom and the top of their own country. The wilds I can see doing it because they would be more petty and not care about the same consequences as those in the royal line.
It's not always about conquering. That's also why I didn't mention a direct line planning the attack. It could be a faction within Yukio that feels like a war is brewing and they're taking the initiative by trying to weaken the enemy. Or maybe people within the government are getting tired of Argena's demands so they radicalize the wilds and outfit them for the purpose of causing chaos. Or maybe this was Yukio's way of pointing the Wild's towards a specific target to avoid being targeted themselves, since the Wilds would have a fair amount of justification to attack Yukio instead. There's also a lot of examples in stories about lower nobles starting wars as a way of increasing their standing within the royal party. Scoring major victories and leading armies could increase their support to possibly be the next successor above whoever is actually next in line. My point is that there are plenty of reasons that Yukio would be involved, whether their involvement ended up being a secret or not, or whether the main family knew about the involvement or not. I'm not insisting on any of this being canon, being a character from Argena who's affected by the back story of the nation, I was just throwing out my own ideas.

The assassin thing was just meant to be another option among the many options already laid out. I'm not married to any one idea, because this is all mostly just flavor text for anyone involved who wants to use it. The important stuff was the timeline, the who, and the what. Like I said before, i'm absolutely cool with the wilds doing their thing. I think it's gonna be more dependent on Yukio and Lumina to determine if they even want to be involved at all. Could just say the Wilds acted completely independently and Argena struck back with a heavy hand.

Last edited:
lion. lion. Jian is absolutely wonderful! I love him so much, I would love to discuss any relationships with him with the princess as a painter. ^^
Ah!! Same, I'd love to discuss their relationship! It probably was such a bore to be stuck in a palace. I think she def could have had a fun dynamic with Jian!!

I would also like to discuss relationships between Yukio characters and Yukito

I've done a good amount of planning the dynamics between Araphi and Nadeshiko already

I'm working on the main thread right now, so I'll let you all know when it's up!

The main thread is up. You are available to post! The starting point is morning! If you read about the "events" there's information on what is going to happen that day. I'm still adding characters in as we go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back