• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sign

ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʀᴇᴇs
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

• a story on fate and love long lost

It is the

united

by Sign

♡design by reveriee, coded by uxie♡

Act I

Uniting as one, in the Kingdom of Argena, there is a ball every night, hoping to reunite the Kingdoms that were once united. With hope that they will all be able to understand each other, this is where we start.

WEATHER & TIME
cb9c78511bd25c4205162988aa2ceff5222ab309.gif

Sunny (After rain @ 4am) ll Morning

SEASON
fe4ecbf9ad51f137589c8f7237b4f8567afd09d2.gif

Spring

EVENTS
In the morning, there will be shops and merchants at the heart of the marketplace. There are parades, gatherings, and merchants from different kingdoms here.
At night, there will be the first ball. The theme of this ball is masquerade, so be sure to dress accordingly!

Last edited:
Thwack
Thwack
Thwack

The sound of a wooden sword striking a training post echoed throughout the outdoor courtyards and various paths and flower gardens of the Argena palace. The heaviness of each strike painted a picture of a soldier with heavy frustrations and a monstrous swing.

Crunch

The integrity of the wooden sword had finally met its end in a glorious explosion of splinters and bits of wood. Annoyed, the pink skinned soldier in training gear tossed the broken wooden sword into a pile of other broken training weapons. Clicking her tongue, she reached into a barrel of training weapons and pulled out a heavy oaken spear. Unlike many of the broken weapons on the floor, this heavy training spear was closer to the larger weighted weapons she was used to. It was made and reinforced specifically for her use, as most of the other soldiers found it to be a bit too large and unwieldy to be of any use.

"My my, Princess. What has you so frustrated this early in the morning?" A silver haired woman wearing a very properly maintained officer uniform asked in a mockingly relaxed tone. The gold embroidered emblem on the upper sleeve of both arms glistened proudly in the morning sun as she approached the woman. The emblem was that of the Argena princess's guard, the Demon's Shield, and it was made up of a shield bearing demon horns with a pair of twin spears crossed behind. The woman looked down at the pile of broken training weapons with a large sigh and remarked, "Didn't we just receive these? They were meant to last a few weeks, at least."

The pink princess frowned at the woman's remarks. "Cassandra... I thought I made it clear I don't enjoy the formalities that come with technically being royalty. Besides, who's the one that forbade me from using my actual weapons in training? Aside from the training spear my grandfather gifted me, these others are nothing but delicate toys."

"And I thought I told you, Amaris, while we're within the walls of Argena, especially those of the palace, technically or not, you are a princess of this kingdom and we are all required to refer to you as such." Cassandra tosses Amara a towel, looking back at the mess around the training grounds. "And if I thought for a second that you could control yourself while training with your actual weapons, I would allow it. Or have you forgotten the last three incidents where portions of our training grounds were destroyed? How about having a bit of consideration for the trouble I have to go through to keep this place running. You know I still get weeky requests for us to vacate our grounds, always from some bureaucrat trying to dismantle the Demon's Shield and replace it with some gods forsaken pet project. Imagine how they react when I request maintenance and repair work."

Amaris wipes the sweat from her body unable to think of a proper excuse to dispute the charges. "How many times must I apologize for those minor incidents?" Amaris let's out a huge sigh and slouches down on a bench facing one of the many gardens in the courtyard. "So? Did you come just to antagonize me?"

"I came to remind you of your schedule for the day. Don't forget you promised some of the vendors in the marketplace that the Demon's shield would send a few people to patrol the area. And since I know you are going to insist on joining them, I am tasking you with trying to find a mask and some accessories for the ball tonight, while you're out having fun."

Amaris tosses the towel to the floor and reclines onto the bench. Her eyes look away from Cassandra as she envisions having to socialize with a bunch of foreign royal brats. "I can't believe you talked me into going to this thing." Before Cassandra could raise an objection Amaris continues, "yeah yeah, I know. Get my name out there, remind the people I'm still here, connections, and so on and so on. Don't worry, I'll take this seriously."

"Very well, I will excuse myself as there is still much to do. Your highness." Cassandra bows slightly before walking away to start her day.

"Oh Cass, such a pain in my rear," she mutters to herself. "Still some time before I'm planned to leave, I will just watch the morning sun rise for a while longer."

There was a clatter of metal boots, and a man entered the courtyard. His demeanor seemed almost lost, like a castaway on a raft. The instant he caught sight of the princess, his heart swelled with love that he could never show or reveal. Instead, he came to attention, hands clasped in front of him, then bowed respectfully. His most distinct feature was that every other was hidden in bandages.

“Princess Amaris,” said Ranin dutifully, “I was unaware you were awake. I have been patrolling the castle perimeter, and can assure you, there is no sign of intruders. To make sure, I shall double check once I have your leave.” As he spoke, his voice came out as a dull monotone, unreadable, and his body still and motionless. For all intents and purposes, he was as readable as a solid wall of unmarked stone.

Briefly, he cast an eye toward Cass, one of... an unclear emotion. Ranin was confused by his own feelings towards her. Hatred? Envy? Perhaps even attraction? No, he killed whatever came up as best he could. He could not let his penance be distracted by such miserable and unworthy things. Instead he cast an eye toward someone he deeply admired.

Amaris. The older sister who didn’t know he existed not as her guard. He’d come to find her a strong, powerful woman, one he wished he could be, for if he was, his constant vigil over the royal family would fear no attack or failure. His bastardry would never harm them, ever.

He remained bowed, unmoving, waiting for a signal to raise, like a well trained dog.

3ab7244f68b5db3e3e3788c02c66ff83.jpg
credit : a manwha edit I found on pinterest

cd602f91b349655544bf5481e2673582.jpg
credit : Ryota Murama (Ovopack)

Princess of Lumina
mood
Anticipating
outfit
simple blue black dress with a white ribbon on it
mentions
None
Charlotte Lumina

Argena was familiar and strange. Through the window of her carriage, commoners looked richer. Their clothes good enough to make them middle class in her home. The streets where bustling with conversations, laughters, and merchants peddling their wares. The few time she saw Lumina streets, people were quieter, more modest, some outright begin for charity. Which always made her look away, it wasn't fair. Argena shone as bright as Lumina had in it glory days.

These streets were like the one her mother used to describe to her when she was little. Except it was Lumina she talked about. She would give long stories about when she was her age and noble Lady could roam the street without being guarded like mana stones. Charlotte smiled as she remembered how her mother would always end. "And now we are here. Worse off then before. But do not worry, dear. When you grow up, with me and our family help. You will change that." She would say and kiss her head, tucking her in to sleep.

You will change that. Charlotte smiled and clenched her fists. Yes, she will.

Her retinue arrived at the palace at night, one day before the festivities. As was custom for heirs of Royal families, needing more time to settle. Noble could do so in a few hours, but any Royal that didn't want to lose face had to take their whole inner court with them. Personal servants, clothings, gifts for the hosts, a pet or two as well as a few luxuries to mark their rank. The princess bedroom was functional, being a simple person, she only took some works she wanted to do, her favorite horse Epona, her Rottweiler Ajax and her bird Cyril.

She woke up at dawn and checked on the pets near her, Epona accomodated by the stable master. The storm raven kept pacing back and forth, preening it white dark blue feathers, anxious and not use to travel. Charlotte gave him some nuts to ease his nerve. She petted her asleep dog head while motioning for her maids to find the master of the animals. She could not stand them being stuck inside. Ajax needed a good stroll and Cyril to use his wings a bit. As for Epona she would use her later when she had some free time.

Preparing in haste, Charlotte oversaw the arrangement of her private quarter. Landing a hand here and there or guiding servants. Some dashed left with a chair or a set of tea to the living room for guests. Othere to the right with herbs, mana stones or weirdly colored potions. As morning made way to early afternoon, the princess ordered a pause. Not hungry yet, Charlotte went through the corridor, stopping briefly to ask where was the garden and made her way there.

Once outside, she let out a sigh, exhausted. Who thought her first official travel outside Lumina would be like moving house ? Shaking work aside for a bit, Charlotte started to stroll through the garden and take in the sight.

coded by natasha.

Amaris sat reclined on a bench facing one of the many gardens in the courtyard. She listened to the gentle breeze and the early morning birds fluttering about. These moments of silence were extremely rare, as she spent most of her time with her rowdy guard or being bossed around by her second in command, Cassandra. It was a rare relaxing moment. And as though the universe could sense her relaxation, the the heavy thudded sound of metal boots entered her hearing range. Her eyes remained closed as the steps grew closer and closer. She kept trying to convince her mind that the steps were going in a different direction, up until she heard someone calling her name. Hearing an unfamiliar voice call her princess made her furrow her brow, it usually meant trouble.

Amaris sat up, not yet looking at her guest. She reached down and picked up the towel she had tossed moments earlier, wiping the sweat from her face and neck. She was not the most orthodox princess, nor did she ever claim to have any amount of poise or elegance. That being said, she still had her pride and felt a bit put off meeting someone in such a disheveled state. Amaris finally opened her eyes, slightly bothered by the steam from her work out radiating off her body as the morning chill cooled down her naturally higher temperature body. With her head still titled back, she looked downward and eyed the strange looking man in front of her.

Amaris gave the man a quick smirk, closing her eyes once again to continue basking in the morning glow. "Hey kid, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, but as someone who's been attacked by and killed dozens of assassins, you're generally not supposed to announce your presence." Without waiting for a response, Amaris pushes herself to her feet and stretches her long muscular limbs to the sky. Being a tall imposing looking half demon, she was used to the stares her height drew. She looked back at the stranger, giving him another once over, not quite sure what to make of him. "Listen kid, I'm not sure who you are or what you are doing here, but these are the training grounds and living quarters for the Demon's Shield. Most of our business is done in one of our other main bases within the city, was there something you needed? Or did the idiots in charge send you over to try and persuade me into not attending tonight's ball for the millionth time?"

VynnyBoy VynnyBoy

Amaris sat reclined on a bench facing one of the many gardens in the courtyard. She listened to the gentle breeze and the early morning birds fluttering about. These moments of silence were extremely rare, as she spent most of her time with her rowdy guard or being bossed around by her second in command, Cassandra. It was a rare relaxing moment. And as though the universe could sense her relaxation, the the heavy thudded sound of metal boots entered her hearing range. Her eyes remained closed as the steps grew closer and closer. She kept trying to convince her mind that the steps were going in a different direction, up until she heard someone calling her name. Hearing an unfamiliar voice call her princess made her furrow her brow, it usually meant trouble.

Amaris sat up, not yet looking at her guest. She reached down and picked up the towel she had tossed moments earlier, wiping the sweat from her face and neck. She was not the most orthodox princess, nor did she ever claim to have any amount of poise or elegance. That being said, she still had her pride and felt a bit put off meeting someone in such a disheveled state. Amaris finally opened her eyes, slightly bothered by the steam from her work out radiating off her body as the morning chill cooled down her naturally higher temperature body. With her head still titled back, she looked downward and eyed the strange looking man in front of her.

Amaris gave the man a quick smirk, closing her eyes once again to continue basking in the morning glow. "Hey kid, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, but as someone who's been attacked by and killed dozens of assassins, you're generally not supposed to announce your presence." Without waiting for a response, Amaris pushes herself to her feet and stretches her long muscular limbs to the sky. Being a tall imposing looking half demon, she was used to the stares her height drew. She looked back at the stranger, giving him another once over, not quite sure what to make of him. "Listen kid, I'm not sure who you are or what you are doing here, but these are the training grounds and living quarters for the Demon's Shield. Most of our business is done in one of our other main bases within the city, was there something you needed? Or did the idiots in charge send you over to try and persuade me into not attending tonight's ball for the millionth time?"

VynnyBoy VynnyBoy
Ranin wasn't sure what to say. At all. He'd expected a very different reaction from the princess. Was he doing something wrong? Was this her way of punishing him? Hesitnatly, unsure of what else he should do, he spoke.

"Forgive me, princess. I am Ranin, and I have been assigned to guard the royal family. I believe this to be our first meeting, though I have seen you spare before. Please, if I have offended you in any way, inform me and I will do whatever you command to make amends."

That offer contained within it everything and anything. If the princess told him to spit, Ranin would. If she told him to never speak again, he'd have his own mouth sown shut. If she said to blind himself, he'd do it on the spot. He'd do anything and everything she commanded of him in this moment. What else could a... a thing like himself hope for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back