Hasterville [MAIN RP Thread!]

Pace Ackermann

Pace raised an eyebrow and turned her head to face Dylan. The other woman seemed much better suited for combat than herself (at least, on the outside) but was way too quick to reveal powers. If Pace was someone else, she'd call the police, but that might lead to discovery of her own abilities. "I saw." Pace flipped the knife into her hand and looked down the stairs to where the police corporal was talking. Hasterville police wasn't really the best; they lacked most technology, some still used rifled muskets and flint locks, and overall they resembled park rangers and spoke like cowboys. "Metahuman. That's the word, isn't it." 

@FireMaiden

Dylan Evergreen

She nodded, "That's right." Dylan looked out the window, "Well, that's not what I expected when it came to their guns...." She never called the cops, mainly cause she normally didn't mess with stuff like this. She just couldn't stand by when she smelled the blood, which was weird in its self, but she figured it was just because of all the iron.

Dylan Evergreen

She nodded, "That's right." Dylan looked out the window, "Well, that's not what I expected when it came to their guns...." She never called the cops, mainly cause she normally didn't mess with stuff like this. She just couldn't stand by when she smelled the blood, which was weird in its self, but she figured it was just because of all the iron.

Jason finally came out from the shadows. He was staring them down. From the darkest corners of the apartment. A large machete in hand he charged the 2 swinging at Pace's left arm. His footsteps were very loud though. Making his charge very telegraphed.

Dragon

From a building stood a figure dressed in black.  Her blue eyes gaining a red tint as she scanned the city for any kind of trouble.  While on the outside she acted cold and calm, on the inside she was nervous and freaking out since this was her first time out like this.

'Maybe this was a bad idea,' she thought 'I could be at home snuggling with Alduin while watching a marathon,' again another thought crossed her mind.  She shook her head before regaining the cold exterior.  'Damnit!  You aren't Avery!  You're Dragon!  Get your head in the game!....I'd rather have my head in the pillow."

She chuckled at her joke before hearing the silence again.  Great!  She had just had a full conversation with herself.  This was nice, this was how she wanted to spend her free time.  

Dragon stopped waiting and finally walked off the ledge of the building, floating down like a feather to the bottom and into the alley beneath.  Not the best place to start but what else could she do?

[Open for interaction]

Pace Ackermann || Corporal Lexington (NPC)

Pace heard the footsteps and looked up to see Jason. "Oh no..." Suddenly, without warning, Pace blasted off the ground where she was kneeling on almost instantaneously. A cloud of dust from the ground rose to the air as Pace grabbed the other woman by the shoulders and darted off to the side with her, away from the knife. Pace's face turned noticeably red, as if she'd just run a long distance. "O-Okay...what the hell...that's a huge knife..."

From up the stairs, a man in a park ranger hat modified to be police stormed up with his pistol pointed out towards the serial killer. "Stop right there, sonny!" He immediately began walking forwards, gun still in hand.

@Yappi @FireMaiden

Dr. Starling

"Elaborate." Starling checked his watch and then pulled out a small device. He mounted a syringe on the weapon and pulled the trigger it, squirting saline liquid everywhere. He didn't think it was enough to completely drench the paper, but he had to make do with what he had. 

"Very elaborate."

@Boneless @Echo Dreamsong

Elaine Arini

Elaine heard the kid screaming and she suddenly realized that these 'hired guards' weren't exactly the policemen. No, they were pretty much dicks. They most likely wouldn't harm someone too bad, but still, dicks. She hid in the darkness and pulled out a small switchblade. She opened her mouth and put the weapon in before her body began to flicker and disappear. A floating set of clothes began to peel themselves off of an invisible body until finally there was no trace of Elaine, save for a pile of clothes hidden where nobody would think to look.

Elaine walked into the room and saw the girl, then the guard. She was fully invisible right now, and not even her barefoot footsteps could be made out seeing as she excelled in this sort of thing. The knife was mildly bothersome to her mouth, but it wasn't an inconvenience. She knew she'd have to manipulate the memories of the guard and the girl.

Elaine appeared in front of the guard and the girl in a police officer uniform, with a gun pointed to the guard's head. "Stop right there! You're under arrest!"

Elaine ducked behind the chair and began to slowly undo the binds. It wasn't noticeable, especially from the scene she was putting on in front of the two.

@Echo Dreamsong (Italicized but black is invisible Elaine. You can't see her without sonar vision. Italicized blue is memory manipulation Elaine. This is what everyone with a memory and a mind sees.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kynthia stopped struggling, looking around in confusion. That confusion turned to a smirk as she spit out the gag. Whatever was helping, she thought it was awesome! Kynthia slowly wiggled out of the binds as the 'guard' took another swing. The girl ducked, aiming a swift kick to the forbidden area. The man doubled over with a groan. It always worked. "Thanks I think, but I must be going now! Don't know who you are, but yep! Bye now!" She cried, grabbing her bag of jewels and dashing out. 
@JPax

Elaine Arini

"Hold it right there!" Elaine made a pathetic run to follow the kid, so much so that it couldn't be real...

Elaine, still fully invisible, grabbed the girl by the leg and tossed the bag of jewels into the corner. She held her down quite easily, seeing as it was a small girl. "Oh, no, you aren't getting away so easily. You know stealing is wrong, right? What the guard was doing to you wasn't right, and here I am risking my life just to save someone who won't even thank me, and go back to stealing? Sorry kid, life isn't all fluff and rainbows and unicorns, I demand you spill it to me before I call the real cops." 

She didn't let go of the girl at all. An invisible acrobat was hard enough to run away from as well. Elaine also prepared for any stupid distractions; the switchblade was covered by her arm so it was invisible too.

@Echo Dreamsong

Dylan Evergreen

"Yep, that's a big knife," Dylan agreed, only momentarily surprised by the this girl. Before she could start to talk again, the...the cop? Can you even call him a cop? Oh well, he started to speak. "He may get himself killed." 

@Yappi @JPax

Kynthia squirmed around under Elaine, annoyance clear on her face. "Well its how I live! I got a family to provide for!" She whined, still trying to see the girl holding her down. "Can I go, please?" The girl begged, chewing on her lip. She didn't try and do anything other than just look around to try and find Elaine's face. "Can I go back to my life now? Pleeeeeeaaaaase?" The please was just for dramatic effect.
@JPax

Ciara Ackermann

Ciara had lost track of Pace a while ago. No, this was usual for her. She had been sitting a bus stop, curled up in a jacket, with a small laptop out in front of her. "Aww...look at the cute kitty..." She smiled and began to trace the IP location of the cat, just so she could pet it in real life. That's all she really wanted to do anyways with this computer. Unfortunately, something else happened. Some girl in a mask dropped down, no, floated down, to the ground. My sister can do that...

She wasn't particularly bothered by this, however she was bothered that someone had decided to land behind her. How creepy was that. Ciara tightened the jacket, closed the laptop, and reached into her bag rather frantically when the girl showed up.

@Shammy the Shamrock

Elaine Arini

Elaine didn't bother letting go of the girl. "I have a family to provide for, too. The difference between you and me is that I don't steal from other families to do that. It's called work. Not stealing others' work. How do you think those jewelers will feel that you're robbing them of not only their stuff, but also for hundreds of hours of their life?" She slowly got up, but remained on the watch. Elaine stepped harder, revealing a footprint on the ground. Her foot flickered and appeared; there were no socks on, or anything. "I'll let you go, only if you let me put my clothes back on and show you my face. Can you at least wait for that?" The bag suddenly floated into the air, showing that Elaine was holding it. She was holding it tight enough so that it wouldn't be easy to pry from her fingers.

@Echo Dreamsong

Kynthia slowly sat up, rubbing her arms. "W-Well my sister doesn't make enough money... I'm the only one who can do this! B-Besides, they're all really rude anyway!" She huffed, still not moving. "What else can I do?"
@JPax

Elaine Arini

A ball of clothes returned into the room, as well as the bag of jewels. Elaine kept it behind herself. A pair of woman's underwear began to assemble itself on an invisible figure in front of the small girl. "Well, not everyone is competent. I can't speak for your sister, but if she's older, she should be the one making money. Do you want me to find her a job or something?" It was shaping out to be apparent that the woman wasn't too tall, but it was indeed a woman. Finally, there was a black dress floating in the air. 

The air shimmered in front of the dress, and suddenly there was a woman there, looking at the girl with a bit of a concerned face. She had a mildly tired appearance, but Elaine didn't really resemble someone who was exhausted. "Let's get out of here, we'll talk. Where's your sister anyways?" Elaine held her hand out for the girl as she turned to the exit.

@Echo Dreamsong

Kynthia stared up at the woman, taking in every feature. A small frown crossed her face as she tried to figure out motives. Maybe she wanted to turn her in for a bounty or for something terrible Agathe had warned her about. She still had to get out, so she slowly took Elaine's hand. "Where are we going? And Agathe does have a job! She works very hard I'll tell you, but... Bosses are very mean. I don't like 'em."

@JPax

Dragon

Dragon placed her hands on her hips as if in a hero pose before her thoughts came back.  'It probably would have been easier to just fly around now that I think about it.  People could have looked up and said 'It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No it's-'  Then noise broke her thoughts and she looked down at the little girl.  She saw her frantically putting stuff away.  'Wait.....Does she think i'm going to rob her?.....Mom was right, I do look like a very well dressed robber!"  Dragon took a step back and shook her head, anything could reveal your identity, especially your voice.

@JPax

Elaine Arini

"Bosses want most of the money for themselves, you know. Especially in a dump like this, where there isn't much money to start with." Elaine walked out onto the street with the girl. "Let's go find your sister, shall we? I'm sure she'll be upset if she found out some random woman took you out for a little walk. Are you hungry?" She began walking unconsciously towards the Hasterville bar, possibly where she could find her sister. "Tsk, I have mouths to feed at home but I don't mind making extra. But first, let's find your sister."

@Echo Dreamsong

Kynthia blinked in confusion, still rather wary of Elaine. "Well, she usually at home..." She slowly lead the older girl to a rather beat up part of town. "OH! AGATHEEEEE!" She cried, yanking free of Elaine's hand and rushing into an older girl's arms. 

"KYNTHIA! WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU!? I CAME HOME AND YOU WERE NOWHERE!" She shouted, squeezing Kynthia tighter.

(Sorry its short, goodnight!)

(Don't know when wifi will go off and want to be safe)

@JPax

Ciara Ackermann

Ciara hastily closed her bag and put it on. She heard the voice of a woman speaking and turned around, worried. She was thirteen, but looked way younger than she was. She spoke up. "H-Hey! I have a r-recording of your voice! I c-can report you!" Ciara smiled triumphantly, knowing she was bluffing; however, it was unlikely the woman from that distance. She fumbled for her phone and pulled that out, quickly dialing in a number with, well, three digits... probably 911.

Ciara was also bluffing. She didn't need park rangers to show up and save her petty ass. She definitely hoped the woman didn't have enhanced sight or enhanced intelligence or anything aside from flying; those who could fly were scary. Ciara knew from her sister...

@Shammy the Shamrock

Dragon

Dragon froze before relaxing 'Wait....What would she report me for?  Disturbing the peace?  POWERS?!"  She shook her head at a faster pace, this time waving her hands in front of her face as her way of saying DON'T DO IT!  In her freaking out, she flew up and attempted to slap the phone out of the girls hands.  "Shit....."  Profanity, nice one Avery, and the fact you were trying to smack a phone which probably didn't have an otter case.
@JPax

Pace heard the footsteps and looked up to see Jason. "Oh no..." Suddenly, without warning, Pace blasted off the ground where she was kneeling on almost instantaneously. A cloud of dust from the ground rose to the air as Pace grabbed the other woman by the shoulders and darted off to the side with her, away from the knife. Pace's face turned noticeably red, as if she'd just run a long distance. "O-Okay...what the hell...that's a huge knife..."

From up the stairs, a man in a park ranger hat modified to be police stormed up with his pistol pointed out towards the serial killer. "Stop right there, sonny!" He immediately began walking forwards, gun still in hand.

@Yappi @FireMaiden

Dr. Starling

"Elaborate." Starling checked his watch and then pulled out a small device. He mounted a syringe on the weapon and pulled the trigger it, squirting saline liquid everywhere. He didn't think it was enough to completely drench the paper, but he had to make do with what he had. 

"Very elaborate."

@Boneless @Echo Dreamsong

Elaine Arini

Elaine heard the kid screaming and she suddenly realized that these 'hired guards' weren't exactly the policemen. No, they were pretty much dicks. They most likely wouldn't harm someone too bad, but still, dicks. She hid in the darkness and pulled out a small switchblade. She opened her mouth and put the weapon in before her body began to flicker and disappear. A floating set of clothes began to peel themselves off of an invisible body until finally there was no trace of Elaine, save for a pile of clothes hidden where nobody would think to look.

Elaine walked into the room and saw the girl, then the guard. She was fully invisible right now, and not even her barefoot footsteps could be made out seeing as she excelled in this sort of thing. The knife was mildly bothersome to her mouth, but it wasn't an inconvenience. She knew she'd have to manipulate the memories of the guard and the girl.

Elaine appeared in front of the guard and the girl in a police officer uniform, with a gun pointed to the guard's head. "Stop right there! You're under arrest!"

Elaine ducked behind the chair and began to slowly undo the binds. It wasn't noticeable, especially from the scene she was putting on in front of the two.

@Echo Dreamsong (Italicized but black is invisible Elaine. You can't see her without sonar vision. Italicized blue is memory manipulation Elaine. This is what everyone with a memory and a mind sees.)

Jason laughed under his mask and stepped within a few inches of the officers face. his machete starting to rear back for a stab. He disregarded the other 2 people showing a hate for the officer. 

Ciara Ackermann

Ciara panicked and attempted to put it up to her ear, but the woman managed to catch it in the middle of the call, sending the device flying onto the sidewalk. It hit the ground and cracked in half almost immediately after landing. "..." The girl drew in a quivering breath and looked up at the towering woman above her with a mask. Was this where she was going to die? Ciara wasn't scared of the woman; rather she was scared of what her sister would say. She didn't want to be scolded by Pace, not after last time... "P...Pace...help..." Ciara knew Pace wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who threatened her, and she needed that more than anything.

No, Ciara had to be brave, for once at least. She was thirteen. Her phone; her only way out of this mess, was destroyed by the woman. She didn't run. Her eyes narrowed underneath the hood and her hand extended out to her side. Ciara's sweat dripped down to her fingertips as she turned to glare at the woman, directly into the eyes.

@Shammy the Shamrock @Buckteeth [Sorry forgot to mention you]

"Oh holy shit, oh holy shit!" The corporal saw the machete go up and tried to shoot at the man's legs. The sound of the gun going off twice was loud enough to send the corporal down the stairs as well, still acting tough. "Stay the fuck away, I'm warnin' ya!"

Pace rolled her eyes and turned to the metal woman, then to the masked murderer. It would be a terrible idea to attack the crazy man, but he seemed occupied with the officer. Pace got to her feet and clenched her fists. Her feet left the ground, but she didn't fall. At sprinting speed, she darted through the air and aimed to slam her body against the man's back, in a effort to push him down the stairs. 

@FireMaiden @Yappi

Dylan Evergreen

Dylan watched the man now pout at the so called cop, who she was still having trouble be living was an actual cop, I mean come on! He looked like a doofy park ranger who like trial mix and making the world his shitter. Anyway, her gaze was oiled away as the girl she was with dashed forward, aimed at the madman, who could easily just turn and stab her. Which would suck. Seeing as how his knife was far enough away fro the man now that he fell down the stairs or someth- ok she's serious having a hard time believing he's a cop; but Dylan focused and pulled down on the metal blade, which would look like he maybe dropped it or it had and mind of its own. @JPax @Yappi

M was sifting through the contents of a convenience store's dumpster when he heard her. She was a kid, he could tell that, and scared but trying to hide it. He dropped the bundle of rubbish held in one of his clawed hands and set off at a loping run without hesitation. His mind caught up to his body, and he second-guessed himself, but the sound of her voice returned to him, how scared she was, and he bared his teeth in anger. He sniffed the air, caught her scent, and ran harder.

He turned out of the alleyways and saw them. A women dressed in imposing clothes meant to hide her identity swatted a phone from the girl's hand. His blood boiled, and his breath came in heaves. He raised a clawed hand to point at the woman and said in a deafening roar. "HEY! YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!" He crouched there on three of his limbs, teeth bared and breathing hard in his towel loincloth. His eyes were wide and filled with hate, but he restrained himself. If he attacked, she might hurt the girl before he got there. He was counting on most people's reactions to him, running or fighting without thought.

@JPax

@Shammy the Shamrock

Dylan Evergreen

Dylan watched the man now pout at the so called cop, who she was still having trouble be living was an actual cop, I mean come on! He looked like a doofy park ranger who like trial mix and making the world his shitter. Anyway, her gaze was oiled away as the girl she was with dashed forward, aimed at the madman, who could easily just turn and stab her. Which would suck. Seeing as how his knife was far enough away fro the man now that he fell down the stairs or someth- ok she's serious having a hard time believing he's a cop; but Dylan focused and pulled down on the metal blade, which would look like he maybe dropped it or it had and mind of its own. @JPax @Yappi

Ciara Ackermann

Ciara panicked and attempted to put it up to her ear, but the woman managed to catch it in the middle of the call, sending the device flying onto the sidewalk. It hit the ground and cracked in half almost immediately after landing. "..." The girl drew in a quivering breath and looked up at the towering woman above her with a mask. Was this where she was going to die? Ciara wasn't scared of the woman; rather she was scared of what her sister would say. She didn't want to be scolded by Pace, not after last time... "P...Pace...help..." Ciara knew Pace wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who threatened her, and she needed that more than anything.

No, Ciara had to be brave, for once at least. She was thirteen. Her phone; her only way out of this mess, was destroyed by the woman. She didn't run. Her eyes narrowed underneath the hood and her hand extended out to her side. Ciara's sweat dripped down to her fingertips as she turned to glare at the woman, directly into the eyes.

@Shammy the Shamrock

"Oh holy shit, oh holy shit!" The corporal saw the machete go up and tried to shoot at the man's legs. The sound of the gun going off twice was loud enough to send the corporal down the stairs as well, still acting tough. "Stay the fuck away, I'm warnin' ya!"

Pace rolled her eyes and turned to the metal woman, then to the masked murderer. It would be a terrible idea to attack the crazy man, but he seemed occupied with the officer. Pace got to her feet and clenched her fists. Her feet left the ground, but she didn't fall. At sprinting speed, she darted through the air and aimed to slam her body against the man's back, in a effort to push him down the stairs. 

@FireMaiden @Yappi

Jason got knocked down the stairs dropping his machete part way down. His arm got dislocated on the fall. He got up and popped his arm back into place, and walked over to the sheriff seeing if he was still on the ground. If he was, he would grab him by the coat collar and drag him besides the fridge. He unplugs the fridge. 

(Might wanna move)

Dragon

Dragon looked where the phone land and winced when she saw it crack in two.  'Number one hero everybody!'  She didn't have time to think as a loud noise pierced her ears, some...thing charged like a wild animal towards the two.  In her head, she was screaming 'HOLY SHIT!  HOLY SHIT!  HOLY SHIT!  WHY IS GOLEMS BROTHER ON STEROIDS HERE....oh wait....I'm the bad guy...or girl, here.'  That was the inside though as she gave a blank stare, letting Dragon take over.  She looked at the girl, then the creature "Call it off!  I ain't here to hurt anyone."  She placed her hand on the mask covering her mouth as a defense mechanism, still staring at the beast.
@JPax @Buckteeth

Lexington was too frightened to do anything. "H...FFFFFUUCKKKK!!!" He began to scream in panic as he was helplessly dragged into the distance towards the fridge. Pace looked to the corporal, then to the woman. She made her choice. She snuck over to the woman and pointed to the window, then at the door, and made a hand signal to sneak out. Pace wasn't sure if the woman was capable of scaling windows, but she sure was. Hopefully she got the hint, so the two could get out. 

@Yappi @FireMaiden 

[You can do whatever you want to Lexington]

Ciara Ackermann

Ciara yelped and moved away from the beast. The beast was one of the things in the world that truly scared her. Unlike the masked woman, who simply filled her with worry, she was seriously terrified of the creature that just showed up. Almost as scared as Pace's scoldings. She knew this was, however, her way out. She suppressed her thoughts and tried to avoid eye contact with the beast. "N-No...I won't...unless you take off...the mask..." The girl picked up her back and pulled out a BB pistol out of her backpack, then pointed it at the woman's head. It seemed pointless, but BB pistols could blind someone if they hit in the eye. 

@Shammy the Shamrock @Buckteeth

[Nailed it.]

Dylan Evergreen

She nodded, not being in the mood to have a fridge thrown at her, since thats what she assumed was going on. But out the window? She didnt do that often, but it was something she could do. Maybe not very well, but good enough that she wouldn't get hurt. @JPax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back