• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
Cosmos Cosmos

Elodie flushed but resolutely kept her face calm "I'm being friendly is all, El." she said, almost defensive. She wasn't upset or unflattering but felt a little like she was being set up. Although she knew it was ridiculous, even her mother could not influence Lady Harcourt enough to set up some kind of trap. She was trying not to close up on people, really wanting to make a friend at least. She visibly shook she idea from her head and laughed a little at Eliza's comment about her book.

She looked down at it and shook her head "It's a Gothic novel, actually. The Castle of Wolfenbach. . . I did read about it in a Jane Austin novel though so I can't exactly say I do not partake in that kind of thing." Elodie blushes, and sets her spine straight "I like fiction, its a good escape from thinking." she smiles "I can just imagine the paperwork I am going to receive in the post soon. I want to relax while I can." she flushes. Elodie shakes her head, acutely aware she has not been asking about Eliza "What about you? do you read often?" she asked, closing her book and setting it to the side, setting her hands in her lap instead, turning her full attention to the girl in front of her.

Elijah smiled at her as she poked out her bottom lip. The shift in her eyes warmed his heart. She was pleased he came to her and he wouldn't have done otherwise. The thought of leaving the situation as dire as it seemed unsettled him. His heart yearned for peace.

He chuckled as she grabbed the plate from him. "Yes. Mary. She's four years younger than I," he said. Mary the Bold was her nickname among her friend circle, yet at home she was Mary the Mouthy. Though Mary never took offense, and rather seemed to revel in her rebellious reputation. "I'm sure you will. Though I am inclined to warn you that Mary may never allow you to speak. She has a tendency to ramble after her drove of questions have been asked."

"Ha-yes. Company is always the best way to ride." He rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact as he suddenly felt warm by her words. His cheek softly reddened, like a ripening apple. Those thoughts were merely forbidden, at least at this stage. Though, he was unsure how forward he should be regarding affection. Those waters must be tread lightly for he feared dashing any chance between them, as they were not yet wed.

He looked at Adalia as she tucked her hair behind her ear, biting her lip before meeting his gaze. Mary was scolded for such a simple action as biting a lip, but now he saw why his father was increasingly strict about it. That simple action attracted him, he noticed her supple lips, how close she was to him. When she brought a piece of food to her mouth, he cleared his throat as she moaned with the enjoyment of her meal.

Elijah smiled as he took a small chunk of egg. "Dare to tease a man about food?" he said, his voice light as he leaned closer before putting the food in his mouth. He swallowed, staring at her smile before trailing up her face and stopping at her eyes. "I advise against such..." he trailed off, a half smile reaching his lips. "Behaviour," his voice rumbled.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Mika let out a sigh at all this commotion- why did nobles always think THEY were the centre of attention? Here was a freshly fainted woman and all they could think about was their own darn pride! argh. She'd punch them into next week if she could've.

However she ignored as much of what they said as possible, instead holding Mel's hands in her own, "Cmon Mel…. Lets go eat something, huuh?" she spoke softly to the vase out individual, unsure what else to do to stop her anger from brewing over.
____

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez
Josephine listened to the pair describe the events of the night before and internally shook her head. It was as if the pair were possessed, seeming to only be able to truly concentrate on moments that they had shared with one another. To Josephine, that sounded awfully boring. Where was the variety, the thrill? And surely that spell that seemed to be cast over them to make them blind to anyone but their intended would fade in time. That's what infatuation did, right? Eventually people were left unhappy in their marriages because love just simply didn't truly exist as lasting for all time. The redhead was a true skeptic when it came to relationships and love, especially an idea that such a thing as love could be sparked in as short of a time as they were given to be around their betrothed. Which was why she didn't feel terrible in the least that her flirtation with couples put a strain on their budding relationships. If they couldn't stand a little harmless, playful flirtation then it truly was a doomed relationship as far as Josephine was concerned.

When asked about the fight, the redhead shook her head. "I was meaning to go and watch the fight, that was a most fun and unexpected event to occur after all, but I was swept up in a wonderful conversation with a most enchanting lady who insisted that we dance," she laughed. "I don't regret having missed such an event since I did have a wonderful time with the young lady." Josephine smiled, remembering Melissa's sweet, timid kiss that followed that dance that they had shared. And of course she had then brazenly given a curtsy to the young man that the woman was betrothed to. "I also met my betrothed for a short time before she was taken by Lady Harcourt's servants. I'll confess, I then slipped out of the event to go to the stables to check on my horse. I know it is unconventional, but I was worried about her since she is a very high strung Arabian that was no doubt missing my attention. I will need to attend to her later this evening or else she is likely to give the stable hands trouble. You are most welcome to join me at that time if you would like," she offered jovially.

Once the couple and she stepped into the dining hall, one could just feel the tension in the air. Oh dear, it seemed something had occurred. A young man..Oh! That was Elijah! He was rushing out of the room with a plate of food in his hand. Hm, she wondered what she had missed. Perhaps she would converse with the staff later, see if she could squeeze out a little gossip through her playful flirtation. Oh, she was aware already that they had crafted a reputation for her as well. One that had some making wagers on who Josephine would attempt to seduce next.

Her green tinted gaze flicked about the room, noting that Thaddeus was seated at one end of the table and his betrothed, Melissa, was seated quite far on the opposite end with her servant, Mika. That alone was also intriguing. Well! It was time to liven up this atmosphere and see what she might be able to stir up. After all, she had given up on playing a little with Ezra and Farah.

For now.

The redhead beamed a brilliant smile as she looked at Mika and Melissa, offering a wave toward the young women. "Melissa, my dear, it is most good to see you! I was hoping that I might be able to catch a few moments to be able to speak with you again since we had such a wonderful time at the ball last night. Perhaps you can formally introduce me to your maid and betrothed this time, Both seem as though they would be such good company," she suggested with a flash of a smile that hid her true intentions to cause a little mischief.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez , Cosmos Cosmos , MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Her dress was blue, but she was red.

A phoenix once obscured, stirred in the projections of mockery richoetting between the two men. She had held onto her silence till it died a battered death.

Then, she went livid.

Her wings spread, conspiring tails of flattering flames that could gnaw through bone. Her rubescent lips marauded the power behind their voices, her echoing chords severing the brawl. In her rail of rage, her eyes had dredged into his, the intelligence in her confrontation being the most gruesome quiet reading.

Scared. The pearls of her eyes glittered. You’re scared.

A gentle convulsion undulated under his arctic skin, and without an arc of logical thinking, he fell in depths of his adolescent self in the courtroom. He saw the selfsame operose whelmed in the synonymous strained bunch of flesh and muscle. Like evidence, like reasoning, she had caged him with the same diligent steps he made in his rough questioning to his witnesses. He saw himself in the woman as she sabered through with diligent tauntings, with sharp observations.

More abstract and more unnerving than bloody massacres, his inner eye painted the woman as a lawyer herself: the tidy blonde hair drawn back, her body suiting in a lawyer’s robe, the curling of her small fists dipping against the table in the relaying of her argument…

Her spoor of steps, the last of them, were breakneck to the gathering crowd, and Thaddeus. Caught in his catastrophic thoughts, he only saw her intended course after her.

—- —- —-

Diplomacy always had to ring at rare times.

Thaddeus was in the midst of jagging his knife into his breakfast slice of an apple turnover, when the chairs nearby rustled with delighted company. It had been red-lettering that instead of leaving, Thaddeus had decided to seat himself for the courtesy of being a sweetheart of likes.

Whoever could question the goodness of his heart or how charitable he was with the way he was waiting for his illy-balanced blonde sprite to awaken?

Plainly all aside, he was floored. Whispers and jibes tingled from the morning episode, and it was only fair time when his mother was flocked by gossipping wenches and doxies. As he forked a piece of the morsel distastefully, he imagined the sourness that would’ve taken the color of his mother’s face if she heard that he left his damsel in distress in vulnerability. Evil woman.

"I am Farah.” A femine voice interrupted his waspish pondering; she filed an adjacent position from himself. “And this my Bethrothed Ezra. It was a shame I didn't get to introduce myself to all of the guests last night."

Thaddeus ceased from the prating the morsel to pieces, his pupils deliberately deviating from the pastry. By the luck of the draw, he was not exasperated by the companionship of some laundering servant or some lost bygone. Instead, his immersing blues coincided to a more delectable point of interest.

Viably and indefinitely a more appetizing sight too.

The faintest of rugged smirks distended on his charismatic face, the grimness concealed under the lawless, flawful smile.

“I don’t reckon it was much of a shame. After all, Farah, I wouldn't have had the chance to be introduced by such a beauty like you in this early hour, would I?” Thaddeus effortlessly toasted, acknowledging her suitors’ hand gesture as he settled just behind her gait.

What was it with these honing, love-sick suitors?

"I did see you last night, though I was unsure if you wanted company," the man who seemingly went by Ezra aforementioned from his place.

“How considerate of you,” Thaddeus engaged in tone with Ezra, the blueblood of aristocracy making conversation as frictionless as a clear sky, “However, I did happen to be plenty busy that night.”

His memory discordantly remembered the man of beer, and his holier-than-thou smugness.

“Pleasantries aside,” he transitioned in discussion, his gaze corralling in far-sight to where his intended and the familiar auburn stood, “I hope you do not mind that I leave you both to be. My lady, over there, appears ready to part for our daily activities.”

Melissa looked over at Josie as the girl sat down. She felt her cheeks beginning to flush at the memory of kissing the girl last night. The mute turned to Mika and whispered in her ear, "Please notify Josie of the following. I apologize for last night, I was acting rash and should not have kissed you. The man sitting over there is my betrothed. His name is Thaddeus and please don't tell anyone, but I fear I will be unable to capture his heart. Please introduce yourself to Josie as well, Mika." The girl sighed and sat up straight again as her maid explained everything to Josie.

Mel's stomach growled as she waited and she began to get some food onto a plate so she could eat. She would need it after fainting once today and hopefully not again. Her worries were beginning to pile on and the fear of Thaddeus and Frankie fighting didn't help. She caught her hand shaking slightly as she was setting her plate down in front of her. Forcing herself to close her eyes and remain still, the mute took in a slow, deep breath. She must act proper here. She had impressions to make...a heart to win over.

Samantha watched the deer for a while she was happy she got to see them and Frankie did this for her. She heard him huff and comment to leave for the picnic. "Yes, i am sure we will be the ones waiting though. I didn't see the other couple awake when we left. She said climbing out of the brush flustered after Frankie had kissed her. If her parents were here they would scold her for such a sight she looked like. She enjoyed it she was with Frankie and no one else. A little mischief she could never do if she was back home. it actually felt nice for her. She noticed the deer look up first spotting Frankie. She wished she could them but she did not want to scare them. She took his hand when it was offered to her. She noticed his comment but he paused as his stomach growled. She giggled and teased him slightly. "Hehe, i bet you are gonna eat something when we get there though. She said following him as he started to leave. She blinked hearing of snakes. "Okay, it would be bad if they have venom.." She said and she paused slightly as he asked about her family. "I do not know them personally Frankie. They just seem strict and overbearing. Your parents sound more easy to get along with than mine." She said with a shrug.

Frankie tensed up ever so slightly when Samantha mentioned his parents. He was glad she couldn't see his face at the moment because it was wooden. He raised his hand to scratch his head awkwardly and gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah.." he trailed off. Frankie cleared his throat and continued walking in silence. After some time, they finally reached the other side of the forest and they came upon a lake. It was clear that they were on private property because the grass remained neatly trimmed, and the clearing was accompanied by walkways and gardening. It seemed like they were here. Frankie spotted an ornate gazebo by the lake and decided to head there.

"I hope they have some stuff for the picnic ready for us cause I'm starved," Frankie said. He continued leading Samantha until they reached some shade and indeed, there were four picnic baskets laid out, each with their names on them. He opened his and found pork, rice, bread, and... Frankie gasped, eyes wide with glee. He reached in and pulled out a shoot of sugar cane. It was almost as if his eyes were sparkling.

"Madre Maria del cielo," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a handcrafted knife as he continued to list off blessings in Spanish. He immediately started to peel away the bark. "Have you ever tried sugar can before?" Frankie asks Samantha. He ripped a string of cane from the shoot and stuck in his mouth like a blade of grass. Albeit a very thick, sweet blade of grass. And he started chewing. It looked wet, like a stringy banana dunked in sugar water. Frankie took a smaller piece, about the size of a cigar, for Samantha to try. It was a heavenly taste. Upon biting down, Frankie could take in the cool, sweet watery syrup that was used to make sugar. "Don't swallow it, though," Frankie bit off a chunk that had all the sugar chewed out of it and spit it into the grass. He turned back to the baskets and saw another... more sinister name. Thaddeus.

"We should start getting everything ready," Frankie said, opening up Thad's basket. "That way, when the others get here," he found various assortments of food but laid eyes almost immediately on a miniature cake, elaborately decorated with icing, "We can start eating." Frankie took the cake out and starting cutting it up with his knife. He was sure to have his back to Samantha so that she couldn't see where he got the cake and his basket was still open. By the time Thaddeus got there, the plate would wiped clean and no one would be the wiser.

Mentioned: lion. lion.

Frankie tensed up ever so slightly when Samantha mentioned his parents. He was glad she couldn't see his face at the moment because it was wooden. He raised his hand to scratch his head awkwardly and gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah.." he trailed off. Frankie cleared his throat and continued walking in silence. After some time, they finally reached the other side of the forest and they came upon a lake. It was clear that they were on private property because the grass remained neatly trimmed, and the clearing was accompanied by walkways and gardening. It seemed like they were here. Frankie spotted an ornate gazebo by the lake and decided to head there.

"I hope they have some stuff for the picnic ready for us cause I'm starved," Frankie said. He continued leading Samantha until they reached some shade and indeed, there were four picnic baskets laid out, each with their names on them. He opened his and found pork, rice, bread, and... Frankie gasped, eyes wide with glee. He reached in and pulled out a shoot of sugar cane. It was almost as if his eyes were sparkling.

"Madre Maria del cielo," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a handcrafted knife as he continued to list off blessings in Spanish. He immediately started to peel away the bark. "Have you ever tried sugar can before?" Frankie asks Samantha. He ripped a string of cane from the shoot and stuck in his mouth like a blade of grass. Albeit a very thick, sweet blade of grass. And he started chewing. It looked wet, like a stringy banana dunked in sugar water. Frankie took a smaller piece, about the size of a cigar, for Samantha to try. It was a heavenly taste. Upon biting down, Frankie could take in the cool, sweet watery syrup that was used to make sugar. "Don't swallow it, though," Frankie bit off a chunk that had all the sugar chewed out of it and spit it into the grass. He turned back to the baskets and saw another... more sinister name. Thaddeus.

"We should start getting everything ready," Frankie said, opening up Thad's basket. "That way, when the others get here," he found various assortments of food but laid eyes almost immediately on a miniature cake, elaborately decorated with icing, "We can start eating." Frankie took the cake out and starting cutting it up with his knife. He was sure to have his back to Samantha so that she couldn't see where he got the cake and his basket was still open. By the time Thaddeus got there, the plate would wiped clean and no one would be the wiser.

Mentioned: lion. lion.

She noticed him respond a 'yeah' trailing off ever so slightly. She assumed mentioning her parents made her betrothed comfortable. "Apologies, Frankie..did not realize the mention of my parents would come as uncomfortable for you. You just seemed..so happy talking about your parents." She said with a shrug as her radiate green eyes widened slightly seeing where they would have the grand picnic. It was quite a sight to see, she found it gorgeous. There was even a gazebo!

"Yes, heh... I figured you would be after you have faceplanted on a horse." She teased lightly giggling. She seemed so carefree when there was no one yet she felt nervous and stiff about. The other two had not arrived so she had Frankie to herself at the moment. She went over with him to the picnic basket. They all had their individual ones with her name on it. She had sat down as she noticed Frankie starting in on his basket she noticed he was going for dessert first. "You are quite a sweet tooth Frankie sweetie, I have never had sugarcane though." She said as she pulled out a creme-filled treat which was common where she lived. "What did you say before that?" as she was trying to translate what he said in her mind. She smiled taking some sugar cane finding it sweet of him to offer her some. She innocently licked it unsure how to eat it. Was she supposed to lick it like hard candy or bite roughly into it? She heard him say not to swallow. It was foreign to her. She decided it would be best to just lick the sugar off instead of biting it.

She nodded hearing him say that. "Yes, we should set up. I wonder what is keeping the other couple?" She said glancing over noticing Frankie digging into Thaddeus's basket and pulling out a cake-like pastry eating it then She pulled out a sandwich it had fried boloney and swiss cheese with croissant bread. She closed her eyes savoring the taste. "What else did you get in your basket?" She asked.

Last edited:
At the comment of matting 'such a beauty like Farah in this early hour,' Ezra would have to agree. Not much realizing he was nodding to that sentence. After all, she could take everyone's breath away and he was certain no matter how many days he spent looking at her that the reaction will always be the same. He was glad that his assumption that the man would not want the company was right. He did not want to think that he'd left someone without company even if this was not his own house.

When the man went to excuse himself since they must get to their betrothed Ezra couldn't help but wish that they could have talked more. After all, they didn't even know their name."Not at all, I hope you have a grand time on your date," After this, he went to tend to his own food. After some bites, he looked to Farah. "I wonder if we should wait here for our double date? Do you think they would have already gone to the room we would be taste testing?" he was curious about this, his mind wondering what would be the best way to go about this.

He wouldn't mind simple staying here and talking to Farah or anyone else who may come in. He also did not want to keep anyone waiting, and since he took a while in the morning he felt a bit of guilt for not being more attentive to the time. He was a clock maker after all.

lion. lion.
MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

At the comment of matting 'such a beauty like Farah in this early hour,' Ezra would have to agree. Not much realizing he was nodding to that sentence. After all, she could take everyone's breath away and he was certain no matter how many days he spent looking at her that the reaction will always be the same. He was glad that his assumption that the man would not want the company was right. He did not want to think that he'd left someone without company even if this was not his own house.

When the man went to excuse himself since they must get to their betrothed Ezra couldn't help but wish that they could have talked more. After all, they didn't even know their name."Not at all, I hope you have a grand time on your date," After this, he went to tend to his own food. After some bites, he looked to Farah. "I wonder if we should wait here for our double date? Do you think they would have already gone to the room we would be taste testing?" he was curious about this, his mind wondering what would be the best way to go about this.

He wouldn't mind simple staying here and talking to Farah or anyone else who may come in. He also did not want to keep anyone waiting, and since he took a while in the morning he felt a bit of guilt for not being more attentive to the time. He was a clock maker after all.

lion. lion.

Farah looked seeing Erza nodding at the man's comment it made her smile a bit. She did enjoy the company of both the men but let Thaddeus excuse himself. She looked to Ezra then back down at her food taking a bite. She was a foodie, She couldn't help being a slight sucker for sweets. She was one that burned weight fast so her figure was not all bad. she had that kind of 'body'. She drizzled some more syrup on the pancakes. "Want some?" She asked after she swallowed her food.

Once then she had gotten quiet again as the man left after Ezra gave a nice comment. She glanced seeing him tend to his own food. She noticed him glance after a few bites. "Hmm, Maybe. Perhaps someone with come and fetch us. It does not seem like a bad idea. We should not eat too much we might spoil our taste testing." She said laughed lightly.

She then stopped laughing and smiled at him. "Wouldn't mind your company a little longer." She said as she took some cornbread biting into it. "Well looks like not everything needs a spoon or fork or even a knife." She said as she mostly was running out of things to say.

Adalia couldn't help but smile. It was almost as if all common thought and words where thrown out of the window , and all just for this moment. Maybe this is why her father vehemently opposed Adalia having male friends and even being alone. The raised heartbeat , the flushed cheeks , bed room eyes. And just like that she didn't feel hungry anymore. She didn't actually know what she was feeling , but there was a tension brewing in the room.

"And what will you do if I don't ?" She said . the tension in the room getting stronger , but Adalia couldn't help but like it. Time slowed for a moment.

"Elijah , the things I would do if I wasn't a woman of class." She said with a slight chuckle before she took the other part of egg and ate it. before getting up from the bed , fixing the creases on her dress. She neared the door before turning around

"Welllll." Clearing her throat as she smiled. " I do not know about you but I think some fresh air would do us both some good." Adalia stated as she was fanning herself with her hand.

"Getting all worked up before our activities! I wonder what our parents would think of us. haha" She opened the door, her back resting on it as she waited for her betrothed. She couldn't help but have a smile plastered on her face as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Coming? Or would you like to stay in my room and chat?"

Alvaris Alvaris

“You bastard,” Lucius’s face rifted into an uptown classy grin, his long feet lounged across the chaise, his hand gloving a glass of red wine, “You could not have done it..”

It was the dead of the night, subsequently later than midnight. The half-brothers were wide awake, drunk to seeing doubles behind closed doors of the study.

“Could not, brother of mine, never exists,” Thaddeus had craftily responded, single-handedly throwing up an empty glass. Originally, he had farred threats with gravity, but being totaled by the liquor, his hand reached out to plain air. He was too late.

Too late to save himself from his own suffering. The tinkling glass, by the constitution of natural law, shattered. The pieces dispersed, millions of shards and sliced geometry expanding across the grey-stoned floor. Disappointedly, he looked at the destruction.

“I did it,” he murmured out of glowering at the broken slices of glass, surprised that his tongue didn’t falter with the words, “I did it.” His knees gave away, and he dunked to a crouch, his fingers ensuring a fragment of glass on his fingertips. He shoved it up to the light pouring through the open windows, and with a crestfallen burden repeated, “I did it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What wonders,” Thaddeus breathed, when he parked himself behind his seated betrothed, his hands settling on the finials of her chair, “You look brighter than earlier, my lady.”

Provisional as always, it did not leave him that the deceitful auburn from yesterday, the very lady who had cannily and steeply curtsied in her affluent dress was indifferently budding a mercilessly beautiful smile in the seat beside his betrothed. She was a familiar enigma. By god, he could have sworn he had seen the bittersweet red of locks and emeralds cased by thick and long lashes before.

Thinking less with the manner of time, his body cambered over in a sparse arch, his mouth mere inches from his intended’s small pixieish ears. “Shall we, my lady?”

Patience, not a virtue of his, made him pull back her chair without her consent of an answer.

Questions were meant to make people think their opinion mattered. It did not.

In a perpetual motion, he yanked her up. A surface show of romance he made it seem it was. A masterful dancer from birth and classes at adolescence, he pirouetted her once. On cue, her opulent dress fanned out, and like strings attached, he tugged her back at the instance when she was the farthest away in her whirl. She stumbled into the expanse of his chest, and in a flurry for the humor of orchestrated romance, he plunged her into a deepening slant, his arms endearing around her waist. “Just between you and me,” he thrummed in a stoic hum, “I think I must tell you that I have caught you watching me today. Quite the transformation compared to yesterday, is it not?”

Then, he began walking, drawing along the sprite that he had just put up a performance for.

Truth was, one could become an actor whenever one did not want to not acknowledge the real world.

The wild yonder of blues commingled with greens exemplified the outdoors. Harcourt Manor surrounded itself by meadows and moors of prosperously untamed grass. Here, the sky was a voluminous dome in which the setting and rising sun felt impending close, as much as at a cheek’s brush.

As Thaddeus stepped outside in hand with his small intended with him, he found himself brazenly warm. The weather was splendid, and the landscape was unexplainable. Couples boasted of Harcourt’s gardens, but the far-reaching view from the entrance was undermined. Fountains and vegetations led down linearly as far as the eye could go, the pathways broad. Fields of green on the sides with groomed hands grew with no limits to a particular flower, and fragrances of harebells and residuals of April showers intermixed with their respiring air.

As gracious as the privacy of the manor was, church bells rang in the distance, flocking birds twittered in jovial harmonies, and the pathway to the picnic became much similar an aisle to a wedding. Thaddeus nearly shuddered as the bells instrumented his ears, and shook himself of ease.

What was in God's mind now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand in hand, Thaddeus led himself and his betrothed among the veiled moss paths to the picnic in the beech-brown forest. When the pathway disappeared, tussocks of grass crunched under their feet and he would’ve made some remark on his own choice of attire if his eyes weren’t so mindful for skimming the couple they were to dine with.

The redhead turned her gaze to Mika standing near her and decided that the poor girl just never received enough attention. Well! She could certainly change that particular problem. Josephine noted the approach of Melissa's betrothed and winked at the young, beautiful maid. "What a shame that we are forced to part before we are able to make proper acquaintances. Hopefully you'll find time in your busy duties to permit me to steal you away so that we can get to know one another better," she said with a bit of a purr to her voice. She enjoyed playing with those that were generally ignored or forced to watch from the shadows. Her own servants had been forced to deal with her impish personality to the point where it was almost expected of her. It drove her step mother mad to see someone of such rank flirting with the servants, and perhaps that was also why she did it. Any time something bothered her stepmother, Adelaide, then she would do it more and more. Roderick tried to rein her in, but it was difficult when he was off with military drills and being part of Parliament.

She watched the display that the previously sullen young man put on, tilting her head as she tried to deduce if this was all a scene from a play written by Thaddeus' hand. It almost looked rehearsed, the way he was able to spin her around back into his arms so fluidly. Was there another like herself in their midst? Oh how interesting it would be if that were the case, and she was certain that she had seen that handsome face somewhere before. Where was it? Hm, she would have to make an inquiry at another time. Once the pair had left, she gave a lingering look to Mika knowing that the servant was going to be following right along. What a shame she didn't get to play with that one very long to find out just what made the maid tick.

lion. lion. , Cosmos Cosmos

Sammy looked up seeing the other couple. She red hair glanced looking at the familiar couple from last night. She stopped eating her cheeks burning regretting eating ahead of them but they were very hungry. "Frankie..." She mumbled nervously seeing the two individuals coming their way. She thought she knew how to react by now she was not so sure. She adverted green eyes nervously and pulled out her fan shyly hiding behind it. She knew they wouldn't be happy she didn't blame them, it was only human that they were hungry. Her pretty sun hat tilted a bit. She was still pretty wary of the two of them. She knew Frankie did not like the guy the girl was with that was the girls betrothed. She looked oddly familiar and she remembered last night making her stiffen and as her red lips curved into a frown behind her fan.

She scooted a little closer to Frankie shrinking her shoulders down terrified of a fight possibly breaking out. She felt at fault for it. "P-please f-forgive us we were starving and um..." She stuttered stumbling with her words. "Weren't thinking we w-were d-disrespecting you b-both." honestly she wasn't a fighter she was cowardly when it came to fighting. She was a woman who completely sheltered so those situations weren't her average circumstances. She little a cooped up rapunzel when she was at home. She had her dreams of seeing beautiful things. Things Frankie did would seem little to someone in different circumstances but showing her forest wildlife was so new and special to her. "I will..um look at the flowers. they look lovely the time of year..." She whispered in her normal shy voice as she got up trying not to trip on her dress out of nervously as she clasped her hands on the handle of her fan. She walked past the couple and went over to the flowers. It started to calm her nerves as leaned down and sniffed the red roses her emerald green eyes closing relaxed in delight as she moved the fan away from her face.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez lion. lion.

As though silence had not already fallen, the room still seemed to hush even more, his heart beat trapped as it thumped wildly. The room seemed to be whispering of something more as the two locked eyes. Her words taunted and teased, pricking at his own increasing desire. This was why man and woman were not allowed in a space alone. He bit his tongue, the answer would be unwise to consider, let alone speak aloud.

In a flash, the moment was not seized, but diffused, as it should be. Adalia spoke, breaking contact as she reached for the rest of the egg. Her distance, though wise, was objectionable. He preferred having her near. Elijah stood, clearing his throat as he ran his fingers through his hair, and though no a strand was out of place, he felt rather disheveled.

"It is fortunate you are," Elijah said, saying words he merely knew were pleasing, opposed to what he wished to utter. "Yes." He smiled as she prattled on. Something she did when she was nervous? He wasn't entirely sure, but he was eager to find out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Elijah stepped toward the door. "Fortunate you are," he muttered quietly, his mind still reeling from what could have happened if they let their primal instincts take over. "I think remaining would be torture." He paused beside her before glancing over to meet those eyes. "Absolute torture." A grin spread across his face as he stepped out of the room. It was expected that they wait, frowned upon if they acted, yet somehow between the shame of falling into desire there emerged a champion. Man. His actions applauded and his rank increasing while the woman shrank back in the mud as they spit on her, cursing her name and slandering her family. It was no wonder father's guarded their daughter with such ferocity.

He held out his arm before looking at her. Her long ivory hair occupying his mind as it cascaded down her shoulders, quickly he reclaimed control and turned to her face. It was no mystery as to what than man from earlier saw in her. Adalia's round face, proportionate nose and glowing hair attracted him almost immediately, but her figure held an equal amount of appeal. Her thin waist accentuated her bosom, and her dresses were not too flashy nor bland. A lady she certainly was. "Shall we adjourn to the stable? I hear they have magnificent steeds." He chuckled lightly thinking about his own stallion, Destrier, his reliable thoroughbred; though a little free-spirited, he seemed unmatched in speed and strength.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Mika stood firm in her place, nodding and smiling at Melissa's request before suddenly everything went fuzzy, she was there- not fainted, but everything seemed a blur. A hand racing down to her stomach and grasping the material blankly as a voice let out near her, flirting? no-… couldn't- be….

Her thoughts became blank as suddenly she went off quickly towards the nearest bathroom, a fellow maid giving a snicker at the display of the other. Leaning in the bathroom she gulped a little, she didn't need to throw up, but she needed to leave that room, she would have to apologise to Mel later, after all she'd- she must have embarrassed her lady with such a display at the dining table.

However she knew what was going on, after all this wasn't the first time, but-

why now?…. why then….
_______
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez redroseknight redroseknight

“You bastard,” Lucius’s face rifted into an uptown classy grin, his long feet lounged across the chaise, his hand gloving a glass of red wine, “You could not have done it..”

It was the dead of the night, subsequently later than midnight. The half-brothers were wide awake, drunk to seeing doubles behind closed doors of the study.

“Could not, brother of mine, never exists,” Thaddeus had craftily responded, single-handedly throwing up an empty glass. Originally, he had farred threats with gravity, but being totaled by the liquor, his hand reached out to plain air. He was too late.

Too late to save himself from his own suffering. The tinkling glass, by the constitution of natural law, shattered. The pieces dispersed, millions of shards and sliced geometry expanding across the grey-stoned floor. Disappointedly, he looked at the destruction.

“I did it,” he murmured out of glowering at the broken slices of glass, surprised that his tongue didn’t falter with the words, “I did it.” His knees gave away, and he dunked to a crouch, his fingers ensuring a fragment of glass on his fingertips. He shoved it up to the light pouring through the open windows, and with a crestfallen burden repeated, “I did it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What wonders,” Thaddeus breathed, when he parked himself behind his seated betrothed, his hands settling on the finials of her chair, “You look brighter than earlier, my lady.”

Provisional as always, it did not leave him that the deceitful auburn from yesterday, the very lady who had cannily and steeply curtsied in her affluent dress was indifferently budding a mercilessly beautiful smile in the seat beside his betrothed. She was a familiar enigma. By god, he could have sworn he had seen the bittersweet red of locks and emeralds cased by thick and long lashes before.

Thinking less with the manner of time, his body cambered over in a sparse arch, his mouth mere inches from his intended’s small pixieish ears. “Shall we, my lady?”

Patience, not a virtue of his, made him pull back her chair without her consent of an answer.

Questions were meant to make people think their opinion mattered. It did not.

In a perpetual motion, he yanked her up. A surface show of romance he made it seem it was. A masterful dancer from birth and classes at adolescence, he pirouetted her once. On cue, her opulent dress fanned out, and like strings attached, he tugged her back at the instance when she was the farthest away in her whirl. She stumbled into the expanse of his chest, and in a flurry for the humor of orchestrated romance, he plunged her into a deepening slant, his arms endearing around her waist. “Just between you and me,” he thrummed in a stoic hum, “I think I must tell you that I have caught you watching me today. Quite the transformation compared to yesterday, is it not?”

Then, he began walking, drawing along the sprite that he had just put up a performance for.

Truth was, one could become an actor whenever one did not want to not acknowledge the real world.

The wild yonder of blues commingled with greens exemplified the outdoors. Harcourt Manor surrounded itself by meadows and moors of prosperously untamed grass. Here, the sky was a voluminous dome in which the setting and rising sun felt impending close, as much as at a cheek’s brush.

As Thaddeus stepped outside in hand with his small intended with him, he found himself brazenly warm. The weather was splendid, and the landscape was unexplainable. Couples boasted of Harcourt’s gardens, but the far-reaching view from the entrance was undermined. Fountains and vegetations led down linearly as far as the eye could go, the pathways broad. Fields of green on the sides with groomed hands grew with no limits to a particular flower, and fragrances of harebells and residuals of April showers intermixed with their respiring air.

As gracious as the privacy of the manor was, church bells rang in the distance, flocking birds twittered in jovial harmonies, and the pathway to the picnic became much similar an aisle to a wedding. Thaddeus nearly shuddered as the bells instrumented his ears, and shook himself of ease.

What was in God's mind now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand in hand, Thaddeus led himself and his betrothed among the veiled moss paths to the picnic in the beech-brown forest. When the pathway disappeared, tussocks of grass crunched under their feet and he would’ve made some remark on his own choice of attire if his eyes weren’t so mindful for skimming the couple they were to dine with.
Mika stood firm in her place, nodding and smiling at Melissa's request before suddenly everything went fuzzy, she was there- not fainted, but everything seemed a blur. A hand racing down to her stomach and grasping the material blankly as a voice let out near her, flirting? no-… couldn't- be….

Her thoughts became blank as suddenly she went off quickly towards the nearest bathroom, a fellow maid giving a snicker at the display of the other. Leaning in the bathroom she gulped a little, she didn't need to throw up, but she needed to leave that room, she would have to apologise to Mel later, after all she'd- she must have embarrassed her lady with such a display at the dining table.

However she knew what was going on, after all this wasn't the first time, but-

why now?…. why then….
_______
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez redroseknight redroseknight

Melissa blushed as her betrothed grabbed her hand and gave her a....well...she wasn't sure what to call what he had done. Her mind had overloaded from his actions. The mute girl saw Mika run off, but she couldn't react fast enough to inquire what was wrong with her maid. Melissa looked up at Thaddeus with worried eyes, but the man didn't seem to mind or care about what had happened with his betrothed's maid. He soon swept her away before she could say goodbye to Josie and took her out to the garden.

It was beautiful, she couldn't resist the urge to smell some of the flowers as they passed by. This place reminded her a lot of back home while her father was out with the men prepping the trees to be cut and her mother would be too busy inside the house, she would often sneak out to the garden. The groundskeeper of her parent's estate was a genius. He had done things with flowers and plants that she had never seen before, but their friendship was short lived as her parents soon found out and fired the groundskeeper.

Melissa shook her head to clear her thoughts as they continued through the garden and towards the lake. Was that the other couple they were supposed to meet? It had to be! What were they doing there?The girl looked up at Thaddeus as she realized that the other couple appeared to be digging through their baskets eating their food. It felt unladylike to confront them herself, it seemed like the best course of action to let Thaddeus confront them first.

Now that Melissa had been swept off by her betrothed, it seemed that the maid was being left behind. Hm, she had taken off so swiftly! The redhead decided to go see what might be the matter, if there was indeed something beyond her own playful teasing that had troubled the young woman. She rose from her seat and followed in the maid's wake, casting a smile toward one of the maid's she passed. Softly, Josie knocked on the door of the rest room. "You left as swift as a falcon, is everything all right?" she inquired.

The timing had been too close to her flirtation to be a mere coincidence, so surely the maid had thought to put distance between herself and Josephine. Ha! As if that would deter the vixen! If anything, a little chase made the redhead more interested. She didn't mind easily captured quarry, but a chase prolonged her interest and kept the Irish lass from becoming bored. But would Mika keep Josie's attention for any length of time? If she kept pushing Josie away, then it was quite possible. Then it would just become a challenge to the redhead, and she could never refuse a good challenge! And a woman that could truly ignore her charms didn't exist in her world.

Cosmos Cosmos

As she heard knocking and yelling, Mika froze in her tensing and went quiet, that dang noble followed her? the voracity- however pain cut her off again as she let out a loud hiss and wheeze, falling to the floor further on her knees now rather than crouching against the wall. Not now- not now!

"G-GO AWAY!" She yelled out in a heavy stutter, trying her best to sound firm despite clearly being in pain of some sort, this was not a matter she found amusing that they seemed to take as a chance to flirt to her, wh-where was…. Mel….

______
redroseknight redroseknight

The fiery haired noble was not used to receiving that kind of reaction from others, so that drew her interest. That interest turned to concern when it sounded like the woman was in pain of some sort. Oh, had she not left because of Josephine's teasing of her? While Josephine couldn't relate to someone else on an emotional level, she was capable of understanding and empathizing with physical pain.

"You don't sound well," she stated, folding her arms over her chest. "Do you need me to send for someone? I can find out where your mistress went on her evening with her betrothed..it shouldn't be difficult, and I wouldn't mind."

After all, she didn't mind terribly if she was detoured from an event with her own betrothed. What did this evening matter in the long run when she was primed to just agree with the arrangement out of spite to her brother? She would have the rest of her life to bother Eliza with her antics; this was an opportunity that would only come once. Even just being around the pair from the evening before, she had received a sense that it was rare for the maid to be separated from her mistress. At first, she had thought it was because the mistress was in need of the aid for her illness...but what if the maid also had some debilitating disease that made it difficult for her to leave the mistress's side for terribly long? The redhead was curious, and she was going to be quite persistent until she received some of the answers that she sought.

Cosmos Cosmos

There were rare moments in which everything felt like a falsehood of fantasy, yet none could outwit the walk he had with his betrothed.

Damnation, whatever happened to walking straight?

The nymph-no doubt withheld-pranced about the flowers. Her chassis twined, and her hair threw about her shoulders. Often times, in the orbs of his dark pupils, she’d let her nose brush the leaflets colored of galaxies before she skittered after him in her ruffling, light-weight dress.

Deep down, she was no better than another regular, stumping case study. In spite of that fact and a bank more, nothing stopped Thaddeus’ peripheral vision from etching graphics of her as a small, blonde child fraternizing with the insects and charging through tangles of vegetation. The resemblance mimicked the woman he had been watching so closely, it had consequences.

Whatever could he do when he was playing with June, when she did not know December?

Humanity couldn’t have picked a better scene as to the one he arrived at. Instantaneously, he recognized both umbras from the events the night before, the pair favoring the baskets. Out of the blue, the curtains of his lips lifted into an oblique grin.

“P-please f-forgive us we were starving and um..." The refined red-head had stuttered. In yesterday’s pleasantries of greetings, he seemed to have fore-missed the ideal green eyes that the bouncing daylight had affinity for, and the stutter of her complete heart-shaped lips.

There was a tone about fear that drank monsters within him, so with the frostbite of a simper he let the lass continue to find her breath. When she finished, she had evaded for an escape.

No bother, there was plenty of time left.

The pieced demented grin still flashing on his face, he turned to the company of Frankie.

“By all means, help yourselves to the delicate cuisine,” he chafed, “Although, I must admit, Frankie, I must warn you. Englishmen like the father of your betrothed might tend to frown upon these mannerisms...”

Matthias woke up in a room alone, confused he lazily glanced the spot beside him. Lucas wasn't there, a frown splayed on his lips, but he assumed his future husband was just being polite by not sleeping in the same bed quite yet. Which was fine with Matthias, well, except for the fact that today was a big day. There lay an envelope on the dresser by the door. Quite far, and Matthias still hasn't healed from the bullet wound, and couldn't just get up and walk.

A loud groan escaped the man's throat as he pulled off his sheets, and pushed himself onto his torso, flat on the ground. He would have hung himself if anyone saw him crawling across the room by his elbows, but luckily it was just him right now.

The effort to get to the dresser was not so laboring, but now he looked above him. His heart fell. He had to get up, had to get that envelope. Calling out for help would be useless. He wished Lucas were here to save him from this foolish situation. Matthias quickly shut down those negative thoughts. He was a man, he had spirit! "That's right! I'm a man, I can do this!"

Minutes had passed by and there was Matthias on the ground, red in the face and frustrated. He glared up at the pretty, and smooth envelope with a glare.

"Oh, I see you taunting me!" His dignity fell, and he decided to put away his pride as he knocked on his door repeatedly, gaining the attention from a maid nearby. When she opened the door to see Matthias on the ground like a child, she had to use all her might not to laugh, but Matthias could've sworn he heard a chuckle or two.

"Please miss...I can't do anything alone."

She just smiled, and helped the man up, getting him dressed in a pink suit with peonies in the breast pocket. She already told him what he'd be doing with whom. "Ah, wine tasting with my dear friend Ezra, and his betrothed? Splendid! This won't be so bad after all!" The boy gave his million dollar smile to the woman, making her melt.

She simply gave him a walking stick to help him maneuver around. It helped, but he was tremendously slow. He silently cursed his foolishness for getting him into this mess.

After a bit, he made his way downstairs, and into the dining hall. He wasn't hungry, but he was hoping no one left him here alone. On top of that, how can one have a double date, when they have no date. Matthias had asked the woman to go to Lucas's room, but she returned with an apologetic face, unsure where he was.

Matthias had thanked her, and made on his way. Lucas was probably already there, waiting on him.

With a small smile, Matthias entered the dining hall by opening the door with a long arm, and waddling his way inside.

(@ Anybody that sees him I suppose)

When his betrothed asked if he wanted some syrup he accepted. "Thank you, my dear,". After he was making sure to put on as much as he'd like, which wasn't too much as he well.. He sometimes got a bit like a kid when given too much sugar. He listened to his betrothed and her wise words. He was grateful that she was there with him else he fears that he'd wind up being a nervous wreck. "I agree. After all, we could certainly come back here much later to raid the pantries," teasingly he smiled at Farah. Though in all honesty, a late-night snack raid was very much something he'd enjoy.

When she looked at him and told him how she would not mind his company. His heart felt like it skipped several beats. He could not believe how she wanted to be in his presence. He felt as if he could melt down into a puddle at the very moment. However, that would certainly ruin the day. "I would always be alright with taking more time to be together," his affection clearly showing in his eyes as he watched her take some cornbread before biting into it. He had to admit he never knew someone could look so stunning while simply enjoying a meal.

"You'd expect them to invent ways to get people to eat anything with a fork and knife. Though between you and me, anything can be finger food as long as no one's looking," he winked at her before his attention went to someone coming in. Ah, his dear friend. Forgetting to say much of anything as he was excited about seeing his friend he quickly got up and went over to them. "My friend it's good to see you, oh?" he stopped and looked at the cane in question. "Getting very fancy for the wine tasting I see," not catching on that they needed the cane as he was still very much in a good mood from everything that has been happening to him.

Breathless Breathless

Farah smiles seeing him accept the topping. "No problem, Ezra." She said blushing slightly as glanced adverting her attention seeing him drizzle as much as he liked.
She liked to have fun with it sometimes and drench her pancakes or waffles in it. Today was not one of those days. She then laughed lightly hearing his comment about raiding the pantries. She smiled mischievously and playfully put her finger to her lips.
"We shouldn't let the other couples steal your idea." Her amusement was at the tip-top this early noon.

She smiled seeing his expression when she told him she didn't mind his company. It was true he was very kind and seemed easy to get along with.
"Yeah, would help us know even more about each other, maybe become closer than we already are." She said smiled as she set the cornbread down after that big bite and she chewed then swallowed.

"You would think. Well looks like someone is a fan of all finger food." She laughed seeing him wink which made her blush slightly.
She noticed someone come in she did not see their partner though. She noticed Ezra get up going to the man. When Ezra said my friend she put two and two together.
She stood up and walked over beside Ezra. "Hello, Erza told me a good bit about you. It's nice to finally meet you, I am Farah Dormshaven."
She then laughed. "Hope we don't get drunk off of wine tasting." She added joking.

NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Breathless Breathless

Matthias's smile widened as Ezra appeared in front of him. "Ezra good friend, I'm delighted we meet again, and the uh cane...ah hah. Well as you see I was in a stupor the other day, and I cannot walk the greatest without."

Matthias's ears turned slightly red from embarrassment. He would not drink any wine today, that's for sure. After explaining, a beautiful voice caught his attention.

The boy turned his head slightly to see a woman beside Ezra. "My my, you are quite a beauty Miss." Matthias gave her his Abbott smile, and gently bowed his head. "I am Delighted to meet your acquaintance Miss Farah, I am Matthias Abbott."

With a joking manner he turned to look at his friend. "You really caught a pretty one! I wish you the best with your marriage."

Saying those words made Matthias think about Lucas's whereabouts, but shook his head again slightly.

"Ah, also I don't think I'll be tasting any wine today, my friends. I hope that is no inconvenience. I will attend, and watch you guys though! After the other night, any type of pleasure beverage is a pass for me." He smiled and clapped Ezra's shoulder.

Mentions: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

Farah smiles to Matthias hearing him greet her back as she stood beside her betrothed.
”Its a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Abbott.”
She said bowing and did a small curtsey.

She then blushed softly smiling and straightened up standing close to Ezra.
”Thank you, I am sure Ezra thinks so too. Don’t you Ezra?~”
Farah said a hint of flirtation to Ezra.

She then looks back to Mathias.
”Thats fine. Last night seemed rather...wild.”
she said then offered an alternative.
”you could sat some Finger food. Hate for you to be left out.”
She noticed he was not with his partner. Farah decided not to intrude on the couple.
Breathless Breathless
NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Mika let out another long hiss of pain as the other spoke so freely and comfortable, that annoying noble sense of thinking they were always right- even if she was this one time. However summoning Mel away was something she simply couldn't do, "D-Don't.... I don't wanna disturb her she'll just- worry" she stuttered from behind the door, still crouched on knees, "Anyway why do you care i'm just a maid you w-wanna flirt with like the others...." she continued, not caring for her own rude tone during this time, she'd always been free spirited unlike the other maids, and often had been punished for it but never stopped.

Suddenly she swatted at her shoulder a loud gasp of panic leaving her mouth eyes wide, fingers crawling on her skin- why did it always feel like- like that? the sensation made her shiver and feel sick,'it's just in your head Mika, get over it and get to Mel already!' she thought, eyes fiery with determination despite her clenched jaw and sweaty, pale face.The door however was unlocked and in her own rush she'd not bothered to check, the other could enter if she so chose.
______

redroseknight redroseknight Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Eliza has strolled off with an innocent whistle, her encounter with Elodie putting her in a rather good mood. humming as she went along she suddenly remembered the boat ride and rolled her eyes, "Dang seasickness time." she muttered, rubbing at the back of her head as she began to move back, hearing a commotion from the kitchen area as she passed and raised a brow, however kept on walking until reaching what had been the ballroom last night. All neatly packed and polished by the maids and butlers- perhaps she could hide out here until this ridiculous event was over, after all luckily it seemed her betrothed did not care for it either. Opening a window and climbing in -having been locked from the outside from entry but the main corridor doorway still agape she landed with a soft 'plop' and sigh, leaning back against the table that HAD, had rum on it sadly, "Too bad i missed out~" she mused with puckered lips stubbornly, puffing out her cheeks she rolled her eyes, "Old Wench." she mumbled, referring to lady harcourt dragging her away.
________

StarxLight StarxLight // VERY OPEN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back