• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
Sammy noticed look away when she spoke. She wondered if her words bothered him. She pursed her lips together and then heard his reply. He would take her to see dolphins. Her cheeks flushed pink and smile on her face. "I would like that.." She said quietly and she noticed Frankie stop suddenly and look at the ground in front of him. She then noticed him look back and her and smile momentarily.

When she heard what he said. She nodded slowly not minding really. So she was set down by Frankie and noticed him inspect something on the ground and poke a stick with it. When he poked it she raised an eyebrow realizing what it was. It was quirky but there must of been a good reason for it. She noticed him look back putting a finger to his lips. She was confused but slowly nodded being quiet.

She heard his whisper to come over and she tiptoed over following the trail of heavy. She heard what he said and responded. "I don't mind at least we get to have fun..." She said in her usual quiet and soft tone as she crawled through the brush behind him. She wasn't sure what he was doing but he trusted him that it was worth it. She noticed the way he went through the branches. It seemed quite a task to be quiet but she managed to copy his move. She noticed Frankie freeze and noticed him offer his hand which she took as he stepped aside seeing he was mesmerized by something. He seemed happy whatever he was looking at.

She noticed him part the leaves of the bush seeing a meadow clearing and saw two does, one was a fawn. Her green eyes widened in surprise she had never seen anything like it. She had to be quiet though. She noticed him look back at her and she smiled and happily wrapped her arms around him. "thank you..." She whispered as she had gotten to see such peaceful animals up close.

Frankie sat with Samantha for quite some time, watching the deer lay peacefully in the meadow. Then, he let out a huff. “Let’s leave them be for now. We have a picnic to get to,” Frankie said, planting a kiss on Samantha’s cheek before crawling back out of the bushes. He looked down at himself and sighed. He certainly was dirty now but in his eyes, it was worth it. It seemed Samantha enjoyed it too... her soft ‘thank you’ lingering in his mind. The deer looked up, spotting Frankie. He didn’t pay them any mind but held a hand out for Samantha to take. “How about we get to the picnic area so we can actually get ourselves something to ea-“ all of a sudden his stomach made a sound some would confuse for a whale’s mating call. “Mierda..” he muttered. Frankie pursed his lips and looked at Samantha with a watchful gaze that seemed to say ‘You didn’t hear that.’ He started to walk with purpose and conviction, leading the way for Samantha behind him. “Oh, and I don’t know how common snakes are in England but watch for those,” he said, with a chuckle. They couldn’t any worse here could they? Nah, Frankie refuses to believe it. Nonetheless, however, because he was leading Samantha, he took care to watch for them himself for her sake. “So tell me, what’s your family like?” He asked, “I mean, I’m going to meet them someday so it might be good to know what I can expect,” he joked.

Frankie sat with Samantha for quite some time, watching the deer lay peacefully in the meadow. Then, he let out a huff. “Let’s leave them be for now. We have a picnic to get to,” Frankie said, planting a kiss on Samantha’s cheek before crawling back out of the bushes. He looked down at himself and sighed. He certainly was dirty now but in his eyes, it was worth it. It seemed Samantha enjoyed it too... her soft ‘thank you’ lingering in his mind. The deer looked up, spotting Frankie. He didn’t pay them any mind but held a hand out for Samantha to take. “How about we get to the picnic area so we can actually get ourselves something to ea-“ all of a sudden his stomach made a sound some would confuse for a whale’s mating call. “Mierda..” he muttered. Frankie pursed his lips and looked at Samantha with a watchful gaze that seemed to say ‘You didn’t hear that.’ He started to walk with purpose and conviction, leading the way for Samantha behind him. “Oh, and I don’t know how common snakes are in England but watch for those,” he said, with a chuckle. They couldn’t any worse here could they? Nah, Frankie refuses to believe it. Nonetheless, however, because he was leading Samantha, he took care to watch for them himself for her sake. “So tell me, what’s your family like?” He asked, “I mean, I’m going to meet them someday so it might be good to know what I can expect,” he joked.
Samantha watched the deer for a while she was happy she got to see them and Frankie did this for her. She heard him huff and comment to leave for the picnic. "Yes, i am sure we will be the ones waiting though. I didn't see the other couple awake when we left. She said climbing out of the brush flustered after Frankie had kissed her. If her parents were here they would scold her for such a sight she looked like. She enjoyed it she was with Frankie and no one else. A little mischief she could never do if she was back home. it actually felt nice for her. She noticed the deer look up first spotting Frankie. She wished she could them but she did not want to scare them. She took his hand when it was offered to her. She noticed his comment but he paused as his stomach growled. She giggled and teased him slightly. "Hehe, i bet you are gonna eat something when we get there though. She said following him as he started to leave. She blinked hearing of snakes. "Okay, it would be bad if they have venom.." She said and she paused slightly as he asked about her family. "I do not know them personally Frankie. They just seem strict and overbearing. Your parents sound more easy to get along with than mine." She said with a shrug.

Elijah felt the familiar tumultuous burn in his stomach, his anger though not unlike a forest fire, could easily be quenched by humorous mishaps. The man’s attempt to evade and present a well-rounded rebuttal piqued his comical side. Yet, he would regard this disagreement with the respect this man didn’t deserve.

The sense of consciousness was what separated them from animals. The ability to think and process oppose to following mere instincts was the gap that separated man from beast.

As Elijah gazed at the man, austere as their eyes locked. It appeared as though not much separated him from beast. The man thumped his chest, reminiscent of a gorilla, wild dangerous beasts they were, rather unattractive and malodorous. Elijah held back a laugh at the striking resemblance.

“Shakespeare’s wise words resound that our sense of reason separates us from beasts, therein lies justice, honour, and the like. Which begs the question, what separates you from the beasts that lurk in the shadows? I see no justice, valor, or reason from you. Though you dress like us, you do not walk like us,” Elijah said as he smiled, releasing his knotted hands. “As for my betrothed.” He glanced at the woman beside him, her blonde hair radiant like a blooming sunflower at dawn. “It was Satan that tempted Eve, yet Eve went back to Adam.” He turned to the man.

The man’s words, though coloured with courage and rage, seemed rather meek. As he moved closer, Elijah’s muscle taut, ready to evade or attack if necessary. “The deliberate disregard for the wellbeing of someone, such as your own intended, isn’t a call I can simply ignore.” He clenched his jaw, studying the stoic face. “I expect no less from a serpent, however, I’ve learned wounding it is not enough. You must remove their head.”

Elijah stretched his fingers, they tingled with desire to strike the cad. Yet, what frustrated him most wasn’t his flagrant flirting, it was his apathy toward his betrothed. Gentleman do not treat people, much less a woman they are expected to marry, with such indifference.

lion. lion. Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Eve? EVE? Did he really just compare her to some oblivious , simple minded woman? Did he honestly view her as being tempted by the looks of a man she had only just met , someone who she had only exchanged a few words to?

He must of viewed her actions as something that of an adulterer would do , someone fickle and inconstant. And maybe Adalia had made a mistake , but her intentions where to help the earlier situation , which she obviously executed poorly. Causing some innocent woman to collapse and her betrothed to think of her in such a manner that in all honestly insulted her sensibilities.

"Alright.. enough. I've had enough!" Adalia said raising her voice. Her hands motioning along with her words. "Who do you think you are? The both of you! You are both acting like children!" She turned around to look at the man she came with " You honestly think you are fooling anyone with that bravado of yours? You are like a wounded dog always on the attack because you are so scared to let anyone near you. I pity you, honestly"

Her eyebrows where furrowed , her eyes almost seemed to spark with anger but in actuality she was just scared. Scared of the tension and anger being exuded by both men.

She then turned to Elijah. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips before looking at him. " As for you , Elijah , Whatever you think I was doing , whatever intentions you thought I had with this fellow ... are wrong. I do not need you to defend me , I can protect myself. " She motioned to herself , placing her hand where her heart would be. " I honestly expected better from you."

"I will not allow myself to be used as some insult for either of you! I will not be used as a blade to slash and harm anyone! " Cracking at that last sentence Adalia knew she was losing her composure.

"I will excuse myself . Have a nice breakfast gentlemen" Adalia picked up her dress and hurriedly left the dining room , trying her best not to crack under the pressure and wiping a tear from her eye as she walked back to her room. Her food would have to wait.

Alvaris Alvaris lion. lion.

Mika let out a sigh at all this commotion- why did nobles always think THEY were the centre of attention? Here was a freshly fainted woman and all they could think about was their own darn pride! argh. She'd punch them into next week if she could've.

However she ignored as much of what they said as possible, instead holding Mel's hands in her own, "Cmon Mel…. Lets go eat something, huuh?" she spoke softly to the vase out individual, unsure what else to do to stop her anger from brewing over.
____

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Josephine saw the flush of rage on Farah's face, and she had to contain her smile. There it was, a fiery reaction to her just sweetly complimenting this woman's betrothed. The redhead could hear the edge to Farah's voice, and it amused her that this woman reacted to intensely to her playful, meaningless flirtation with Ezra. They had only been acquainted for a single day! "Oh, you're most welcome! I'm sure that you hear such compliments given to your betrothed all of the time, but I felt compelled to go ahead and make known my own admiration of such a beautiful couple."

Ezra's compliment earned a light laugh and flash of a smile. Unlike Ezra, the redhead was quite used to receiving compliments from men and women. It was all part of the game she played, after all. She didn't take such compliments to heart, mostly because she didn't particularly care if another person found her attractive. She wasn't interested in love or even infatuation. Those kinds of bonds were completely beyond her ability to comprehend since she had never experienced a true bond with someone else. Even with her family, there had been no real love between them. When it came to romance Josephine was completely detached from her emotions which was why she had been leaving a string of broken hearts across Ireland and England. Everything was a game to her.

"Oh you are far too kind, sir, and you flatter me greatly. I have not broken fast yet and I would be absolutely delighted to join you and your betrothed. I was, after all, heading in that direction myself so it would be wonderful to have such charming company!" The redhead turned her attention back to Farah and tilted her head. The woman was truly upset over her joining them for breakfast? Was she not aware that this was a dining hall and others were likely gathered there already? It wasn't as though this was some special rendezvouz that he was inviting her to. Such insecurity when the woman had only known Ezra for a single day. It intrigued Josie.

She decided to remain silent and watch the scene unfold. How would Ezra react to his betrothed becoming so upset over his invitation to have her join them? Would he recant it, or would he stand his ground on it because it would be most uncouth to recant an invitation such as the one he gave? Either one didn't truly bother the Irish woman; all she cared about was watching fascinating reactions. She did feel a small twinge of sympathy for Farah once she noticed the tear rolling down her cheek, but it was not enough to detour her behavior. If something as simple as her flirting with Ezra, mildly at that, caused her such distress then clearly there were more issues that needed to be sorted out before the marriage. In her mind, she justified what she did and completely missed how much devastation she tended to leave in her wake.

Only if she ever actually formed a bond with someone would she finally understand the distress that she caused other people during her play, but that was as likely as lightning striking the same place twice.

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Listening to the new company say they were a beautiful couple made Ezra rather happy. Hearing someone else say they were a couple, even with knowledge they were betrothed, somehow just made it seem more concrete. The compliment seemed to have been enough as they smiled, which relieved him because he really did not want to have some kind of problem with not being able to compliment someone back. He wished he got out more than he did when he was back at the shop. They agreed to come to breakfast with them even, hopefully they could be friends just like he was with Matthias. That is until he heard his betroth. The choked, sad voice that he had caused made his rather cheerful smile soon fade as he was devastated that he had done this to his betrothed and on only the second day of them being together.

He did not put the importance of their first breakfast, simple because he figured they'd have more together. He was an idiot to not even ask her before inviting the other, and they accepted already so he didn't want to be mean and say no when he himself did this. He was to blame for the distress he caused his betrothed. Looking fully to his betrothed as he needed to help her in the moment he tried to see if he could wrap his arms around her. If she rejected he would not advance further, he already caused enough damage. "Farah.. I'm so sorry, I did not even think about what our first breakfast could mean to you. I spoke without thinking and I am in the wrong for this, you are my betroth and I should have seen with you first. I thought since we'd have many different meals together, even after this, that having someone to chat while we eat and possible make a friend would be nice. I never meant to cause you distress over this.."

Slowly one of his hands moved to clear away her tears. "I will not do something you do not want to do. So if you wish it to just be us then we will do that," after he said this he turned "My name is Ezra Conray, I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. If my betrothed doesn't wish to have another join us then I'm going to have to retract my offer. I will try to make it up to you though if so," he didn't want to make the other girl feel not welcomed simple because he made a mistake. After all he was taught that if you had to back out of something once you started it with another, you should make it up to the person. He was a man who would not let his own mistakes simple go, he'd try and fix it.

redroseknight redroseknight
MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

Listening to the new company say they were a beautiful couple made Ezra rather happy. Hearing someone else say they were a couple, even with knowledge they were betrothed, somehow just made it seem more concrete. The compliment seemed to have been enough as they smiled, which relieved him because he really did not want to have some kind of problem with not being able to compliment someone back. He wished he got out more than he did when he was back at the shop. They agreed to come to breakfast with them even, hopefully they could be friends just like he was with Matthias. That is until he heard his betroth. The choked, sad voice that he had caused made his rather cheerful smile soon fade as he was devastated that he had done this to his betrothed and on only the second day of them being together.

He did not put the importance of their first breakfast, simple because he figured they'd have more together. He was an idiot to not even ask her before inviting the other, and they accepted already so he didn't want to be mean and say no when he himself did this. He was to blame for the distress he caused his betrothed. Looking fully to his betrothed as he needed to help her in the moment he tried to see if he could wrap his arms around her. If she rejected he would not advance further, he already caused enough damage. "Farah.. I'm so sorry, I did not even think about what our first breakfast could mean to you. I spoke without thinking and I am in the wrong for this, you are my betroth and I should have seen with you first. I thought since we'd have many different meals together, even after this, that having someone to chat while we eat and possible make a friend would be nice. I never meant to cause you distress over this.."

Slowly one of his hands moved to clear away her tears. "I will not do something you do not want to do. So if you wish it to just be us then we will do that," after he said this he turned "My name is Ezra Conray, I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. If my betrothed doesn't wish to have another join us then I'm going to have to retract my offer. I will try to make it up to you though if so," he didn't want to make the other girl feel not welcomed simple because he made a mistake. After all he was taught that if you had to back out of something once you started it with another, you should make it up to the person. He was a man who would not let his own mistakes simple go, he'd try and fix it.

Farah didn't full out cry she just had stray tears from her inner fears and thoughts. She got easily overwhelmed by them and she had never been in this situation either. She felt now she acted recklessly out of emotion, she had only met Ezra last night he seemed sweet and went out of his way for her she was just jealous maybe and a bit overprotective of losing Erza. She felt she needed to protect the life she could be offered. She didn't want a grandiose life since she hated one she was in, she was content with being betrothed to a clockmaker. She felt she could pursue her art there and not worry about anything or her parents nagging her not to slouch or stop doodling at the table. She wasn't sure about the other guys she saw a future with Ezra, something she felt could make her happy. She didn't feel the others understood, sure it was a rash decision but she was tired of luxury which most would think was strange.

She felt she was too reckless with her words and her assumptions after some thought guilt consumed her. She felt him wrap his arms around her. He apologized which made her feel more guilty. She had gotten jealous and angry and it was not healthy to start off the second day. "No, I am sorry, Ezra. Its the second day and I feel I am already being possessive and that isn't right... You have made me feel wonderful since last night and I was feeling false assumptions because of one thing. I felt this girl was flirting with you, I was being Jealous but that may have not been the case. It was not right of me to be so reckless with my feelings and emotions."

She said sighs and frowns after he wiped her tears as he told the girl an apology. "I feel bad about it, I am sorry Miss. You can join us. I was being a jerk, My name is Farah Dormshaven." She said moving away from Ezra and holding out her hand for Josie to shake. "I believe we should start over. We are all here for the same reason..."

Melissa groans softly before her eyes flutter open. "W-What h-happened?" She whispered. Unfortunately, the girl woke to her betrothed and Elijah trading verbal jabs while Mika stared at her and held her hand. It appeared that the girl she had seen with Thaddeus had gotten upset and walked off. The mute's head hurt and her vision was a bit blurry from the tears that had built up before she passed out. Blinking the blurriness away, she looked at Mika with a confused expression. "The last thing I remember is..." Her vision swung to Thaddeus. "H-He was w-with that g-girl r-r-right?" She asks.

Melissa felt her hands shaking, but thankfully Mika's presence calmed her a little. "B-Breakfast...yeah..." She nods slowly before turning to address the two boys. "If you would excuse me," she curtsies and begins to walk off a little unsteadily before Mika appeared at her side and steadied her. "Thank you," she found herself saying as they walked towards the table, far enough away from the boys that Mika could talk with her in peace.

lion. lion. Alvaris Alvaris Cosmos Cosmos

Josephine watched as the young man became distressed and apologized to his betrothed, iterating all of the transgressions that he had just committed that caused her to be in such a state. He retracted his invitation to her so politely and offered to make it up to her. How preciously sweet and naive this young man was. How did someone get through life being so kind and genuine? For once the redhead decided to back off of the person that she had marked to toy with. She loved the reactions that she could get, but what she was getting from Ezra wasn't what she was looking for. She would still talk to him of course, but she wasn't going to flirt with the young man anymore. There was no amusement to it.

Just as she was about to allow the invitation to be fully recanted, Farah spoke up. Josie was surprised for once. The girl seemed to have come to her senses and was apologizing in turn to her betrothed. And just like that, it seemed that the chaos that she had caused was completely smoothed over. It stunned Josephine because she had never seen people interact like that. In her entire life, she had never seen a couple settle a disagreement so easily and peacefully. Perhaps this couple had a future after all; they were communicating and compromising so much better than anything the redhead had ever seen. It gave the redhead pause.

Josie regained herself when the young woman apologized to her, and she offered a smile in return once Farah extended her hand for them to start their introduction all over again. The Irish young woman accepted Farah's hand, her gaze locked on the other woman's eyes. "You needn't apologize to me for I took no slight in the words that were said. It is a pleasure to meet you both and a privilege to accompany you to breakfast. My name is Josephine Needham, but please, Ezra, Farah, call me Josie." The redhead curtsied to the pair, her hand still holding on to Farah's. She dared to raise it to her lips to place a kiss on the back of it as any proper gentleman would have done. Josie did things in her own way, part of which was why her stepmother had needed to send her to Lady Harcourt to have her married in the first place.

After flashing a cheshire grin, she released Farah's hand and stepped toward the dining hall. "Things were most exciting last night. Did you both enjoy the festivities?" she asked, as if she hadn't caused absolute chaos just moments ago.

Josephine watched as the young man became distressed and apologized to his betrothed, iterating all of the transgressions that he had just committed that caused her to be in such a state. He retracted his invitation to her so politely and offered to make it up to her. How preciously sweet and naive this young man was. How did someone get through life being so kind and genuine? For once the redhead decided to back off of the person that she had marked to toy with. She loved the reactions that she could get, but what she was getting from Ezra wasn't what she was looking for. She would still talk to him of course, but she wasn't going to flirt with the young man anymore. There was no amusement to it.

Just as she was about to allow the invitation to be fully recanted, Farah spoke up. Josie was surprised for once. The girl seemed to have come to her senses and was apologizing in turn to her betrothed. And just like that, it seemed that the chaos that she had caused was completely smoothed over. It stunned Josephine because she had never seen people interact like that. In her entire life, she had never seen a couple settle a disagreement so easily and peacefully. Perhaps this couple had a future after all; they were communicating and compromising so much better than anything the redhead had ever seen. It gave the redhead pause.

Josie regained herself when the young woman apologized to her, and she offered a smile in return once Farah extended her hand for them to start their introduction all over again. The Irish young woman accepted Farah's hand, her gaze locked on the other woman's eyes. "You needn't apologize to me for I took no slight in the words that were said. It is a pleasure to meet you both and a privilege to accompany you to breakfast. My name is Josephine Needham, but please, Ezra, Farah, call me Josie." The redhead curtsied to the pair, her hand still holding on to Farah's. She dared to raise it to her lips to place a kiss on the back of it as any proper gentleman would have done. Josie did things in her own way, part of which was why her stepmother had needed to send her to Lady Harcourt to have her married in the first place.

After flashing a cheshire grin, she released Farah's hand and stepped toward the dining hall. "Things were most exciting last night. Did you both enjoy the festivities?" she asked, as if she hadn't caused absolute chaos just moments ago.

Farah noticed Josie accept her hand, the blonde looked back with her blue eyes that met Josie's gaze. She sighed relieved the woman had not taken offense to her words. "It is a pleasure to meet you Josie, sorry again about getting on the wrong foot. We should hurry if we don't want to miss breakfast." She felt a kiss to her hand before her hand was let go. Was that a strange custom she was not used to? She brushed it off and smiled. "Yes, We met and we talked about ourselves and got to know each other a little then went for a stroll outside. We didn't really drink much. I noticed some people must have overdone themselves if I am correct?" She said casually talking putting the meaningless misstep behind them as she grabbed Ezra's hand to join them. She wanted to make it up to them and be on her best behavior. She felt like she caused an unnecessary scene and she needed to redeem herself and befriend this girl she had wrongfully treated. She should of known better of being jealous and possessive, it was not right even on the second day. She needed to back off a bit and she was slowly understanding that as she realized after her words it had upset her bethrothed making him feel it was his fault. He was too good to her, for her too treat him like that over a little misconception. Her mother would be annoyed with her, and scolded her from unladylike actions in public.

Farah said her own apology for her emotions, and he couldn't help but smile. Not because she was apologizing as he felt there was no need, she should express her emotions, but it was from the fact that she told him what was wrong. He felt a bit bad for thinking it was breakfast, knowing now it was simple because she thought they were flirting with him and got jealous. Why would their new companion even flirt with him? He certainly wasn't some big shot here. "You don't need to apologize to me my dear. I would never ask you to hide your emotions," saying this softly to her before adding on in amusement "Though I highly doubt anyone would take to flirting with a simple clock maker,"

When his betrothed moved away his attention went back to their new company. He was glad that she had not thought ill of them for what happened. He certainly didn't want anyone to think badly of his betrothed. The fact that she told them to simple call her by her name made him feel even more glad they had met. Josie kissed his betrothed hand and he didn't take any offense, after all he saw it as a way to get off on the right foot. When Josie talked he felt that they could have a friendship, after all she was being really nice to them. "It's certainly a pleasure Josie. You could simple call me Ezra," he felt good about the fact that they seemed to be getting back to a good start. He was worried he may have ruined either of their days. "I will always keep our first meeting in my memory, nothing could compare to it.." as he said this he looked to his betrothed, the fact she was so kind to him meant everything. "As for the drinks, I had a few but I'm sure others certainly indulged on the rum," he felt his betroths hand in his and he squeezed her in a comforting manner.

"Before I met her I met up with another guest here and quickly became friends. His name is Matthias if you've met him, we're actually going to be doing a double date with them today. Well that's what our letters said," he smiled at Farah as he said this, he was so glad he could have her meet his friend so soon. "Oh! Did you watch the fight? It was truly a show. I couldn't look away when it started," he couldn't help but have some of his childlike glee be in his voice as he said this. He had to say he did have admiration for the two fighters, though only getting to meet the one.

Elijah's head snapped in Adalia's direction as her voice rose, silencing the insults and ending the verbal battle. He was rather impressed by her bold stance as she tore into man and he feared when her rage would turn on him. It was evident that the rage of Adalia was a force similar to a wave crashing upon a city.

Her gaze turned on him, the fire in her eyes sped the thumping in his chest. The simple look, brow furrowed and lip curled, told him he'd made a grave error when he engaged in such a foolish debate with the man. She expected better, his chest tightened, and any remaining anger was snuffed out. The shame that washed over him felt like a thousand whips cracking across his back; she'd found a weakness and he felt like a dog when his owner arrived home to find his shoes eaten.

He'd made a fool of himself and dragged her along with him. How could have he been so recklessly stupid? The strength in her voice waned and, as she yelled, her voice cracked exposing the pain he inflicted. Adalia’s eyes grew glossy before she dashed toward the door. Frozen, he watched her rush out, dress flowing like ocean waves.

Elijah turned to the man, placing his hand over his chest. "I regret hurting my betrothed and for that I am sorry," Elijah said. "I hope I have misjudged you." He stepped back and turned toward the exit. The turmoil building in his chest reminded him of when he inhaled smoke as a boy. The steady rising of tension alarmed him, making the hair on the back of his neck stand. He detested not being able to immediately bring peace to situations like this.

As Elijah walked after her, he knew she wouldn't wish to speak with him yet, but he was patient man. He moved down the halls, the sound of his heartbeat pounded in his ears. Day two and he already hurt her. He balled his hands, nostrils flaring as he saw her in the distance. She disappeared into her room and he paused at the sound of his rumbling stomach.

He had an idea. Turning, he marched back into the dining hall and grabbed a plate of food. The smooth plate warmed his hand and when he turned again he lowered his gaze, avoiding eye-contact as he ducked out of the room and headed toward her room. Elijah leaned against the wall across from her room, steam rising from the hot plate as the aroma of fresh bread and meat floated toward him.

Food and forgiveness were excellent companions.

He pushed off the wall and neared the door. "Adalia, I wish to apologize for my abhorrent behaviour. I shall be out here when you are ready to speak."

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys lion. lion.

She heard his reply was surprised that he would put himself beneath others but her gaze softened this man had a way with words that reeled her heart in. She was flattered last night and now by his sweet talk and gentle words. "Oh, Ezra you are so thoughtful. and you don't need to put others above you. You are a wonderful gentleman. When I hear you and see you I don't see just a clockmaker, I am growing to see a kind and loving future husband that anyone would be lucky to have." She said before she went over to Josie which she became better acquainted with letting it go. She felt she had caused the drama anyhow.

Once they were off she had responded to Josie's question responding about her nice night with Ezra was. Her heart fluttered hearing Ezra's sweet words of never forgetting their first meeting even though she hoped she didn't forget. Ezra was such a melt, and sometimes he underestimated how wonderful a man he was. He seemed like every girl's dream guy. "I won't either.." She said then listened more hearing him talk about his night before she arrived. "It sounded marvelous, Its a shame I didn't get to meet Mathias that night but hopefully we will see him today." She said as she had grabbed his hand feeling him give a comforting squeeze. She then laughed lightly. "a fight with whom? i didn't quite get to see that but hear a startling gunshot." She said honestly.
NighttimeForest NighttimeForest redroseknight redroseknight

Adalia had made it to her room , slamming the door behind her. She looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair. A few tears coming out of her eyes , wiping them as soon as they appeared. "Oh get it together Adalia. " She groaned.

Slumping into her bed Adalia thought on how today was a mess , a disaster , grabbing one of her pillows and screaming into it. the only thing that kept her from crying was the silk like texture she was holding onto, and the soft bed sheets she was laying on , the coldness cooling her down. She curled up into a fetal like position , closing her eyes. Exhale one two three.. Inhale.. Exhale one two three.. Inhale . Something her mother taught her to do when undergoing great duress.

She couldn't help but feel bad , mostly for Elijah , was she too harsh? She was feeling the heat of the situation , but she was also hurt. Cringing at the thought she almost didn't hear someone talking from behind the door.

She jumped right up almost leaping out of bed realizing it was Elijah. She walked to the door , taking one glance at herself to fix any wrinkles in her dress , making sure her makeup was not smudged , and her hair looked alright. She didn't want to look any worse in front of him.

Slighting opening the door. And being Met with Elijah's Face. It was one thing snapping at someone and running off so as to not see the pain you've inflicted on them but to have to face them was something that scared her. She didn't even realize that he had brought a plate of food.

"Yes.. I think it would be best if we talked. Would you like to come in? " Adalia asked opening the door wider for him. Looking down as to not meet gazes with him , she felt bad and couldn't look him in the eyes yet.

Alvaris Alvaris

When the door slightly parted, Elijah’s stepped back. He hadn’t anticipated such a quick response. He hadn’t had time to prepare an apology speech nor recall all the ways in which he behaved distastefully. Elijah studied her a moment. Her hair, though rather immaculate had a few loose strands straying from the rest, her eyes were red and slightly puffy, and her makeup smudges would go unnoticed by a man without a sister.

The frown that settled on his face and creases on his forehead were not meant for her. His outward appearance hardly showed his inward reprimands. The weight in his hand dragged him back to this moment with her, the one place her truly needed to stay. The forehead lines faded, yet his lips disregarded the change.

Entering her room could appear taboo for such couples who had yet to wed. Yet the innate desire for peace between them drove him forward. Elijah nodded. “I’m glad we are in agreement,” he said, his voice low. “Yes. Private is the best way to conduct affairs.” A phrase he wish he’d listened to earlier. Elijah stepped inside as she allowed him entrance into her quarters.

He wasn’t surprised by her avoidance to meet his gaze, Elijah hardly wanted to look anyone in the eyes, much less the woman he shamefully humiliated. Gazing at the room, he lingered on the bed. The pillow darkened by her tears were yet another reminder of his irresponsible behaviour. He turned to her, clutching the plate.

“I was a fool engaging is such deplorable banter. I do not wish you to think ill of me and I hope to undo the harm I caused,” he said looking at her.

His father’s words echoed in his mind, ‘Ainsley men do not fight’. As a lad he never considered the reasons behind the phrase nor had he realized the consequences for disregarding it. He despised that his father was right, and it felt as though he stood behind him, breathing down his neck, reminding him that he’d never be Archer. Elijah would never be the one that stayed, only the one his father wished had left.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Josephine listened to the pair describe the events of the night before and internally shook her head. It was as if the pair were possessed, seeming to only be able to truly concentrate on moments that they had shared with one another. To Josephine, that sounded awfully boring. Where was the variety, the thrill? And surely that spell that seemed to be cast over them to make them blind to anyone but their intended would fade in time. That's what infatuation did, right? Eventually people were left unhappy in their marriages because love just simply didn't truly exist as lasting for all time. The redhead was a true skeptic when it came to relationships and love, especially an idea that such a thing as love could be sparked in as short of a time as they were given to be around their betrothed. Which was why she didn't feel terrible in the least that her flirtation with couples put a strain on their budding relationships. If they couldn't stand a little harmless, playful flirtation then it truly was a doomed relationship as far as Josephine was concerned.

When asked about the fight, the redhead shook her head. "I was meaning to go and watch the fight, that was a most fun and unexpected event to occur after all, but I was swept up in a wonderful conversation with a most enchanting lady who insisted that we dance," she laughed. "I don't regret having missed such an event since I did have a wonderful time with the young lady." Josephine smiled, remembering Melissa's sweet, timid kiss that followed that dance that they had shared. And of course she had then brazenly given a curtsy to the young man that the woman was betrothed to. "I also met my betrothed for a short time before she was taken by Lady Harcourt's servants. I'll confess, I then slipped out of the event to go to the stables to check on my horse. I know it is unconventional, but I was worried about her since she is a very high strung Arabian that was no doubt missing my attention. I will need to attend to her later this evening or else she is likely to give the stable hands trouble. You are most welcome to join me at that time if you would like," she offered jovially.

Once the couple and she stepped into the dining hall, one could just feel the tension in the air. Oh dear, it seemed something had occurred. A young man..Oh! That was Elijah! He was rushing out of the room with a plate of food in his hand. Hm, she wondered what she had missed. Perhaps she would converse with the staff later, see if she could squeeze out a little gossip through her playful flirtation. Oh, she was aware already that they had crafted a reputation for her as well. One that had some making wagers on who Josephine would attempt to seduce next.

Her green tinted gaze flicked about the room, noting that Thaddeus was seated at one end of the table and his betrothed, Melissa, was seated quite far on the opposite end with her servant, Mika. That alone was also intriguing. Well! It was time to liven up this atmosphere and see what she might be able to stir up. After all, she had given up on playing a little with Ezra and Farah.

For now.

The redhead beamed a brilliant smile as she looked at Mika and Melissa, offering a wave toward the young women. "Melissa, my dear, it is most good to see you! I was hoping that I might be able to catch a few moments to be able to speak with you again since we had such a wonderful time at the ball last night. Perhaps you can formally introduce me to your maid and betrothed this time, Both seem as though they would be such good company," she suggested with a flash of a smile that hid her true intentions to cause a little mischief.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez , Cosmos Cosmos , MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Mika chuckled and nodded as they walked to the kitchen, once arrived she sat down beside Melissa, not caring for the glares given by the other maids for such a rebellious action, they were friends, and when Mel needed her she would be there, regardless of breaking social norms.

As the flirtatious woman from last night- well, one of the two, began to speak to Mel she gave a soft glare, not for such a thing. After all she-she'd kissed!- Mika shook the thought from her head calming her temper as she smiled kindly back at Melissa, "Would you like me to say anything back?" she asked with a curious brow raised, still holding the others hand tightly.
______
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Josephine listened to the pair describe the events of the night before and internally shook her head. It was as if the pair were possessed, seeming to only be able to truly concentrate on moments that they had shared with one another. To Josephine, that sounded awfully boring. Where was the variety, the thrill? And surely that spell that seemed to be cast over them to make them blind to anyone but their intended would fade in time. That's what infatuation did, right? Eventually people were left unhappy in their marriages because love just simply didn't truly exist as lasting for all time. The redhead was a true skeptic when it came to relationships and love, especially an idea that such a thing as love could be sparked in as short of a time as they were given to be around their betrothed. Which was why she didn't feel terrible in the least that her flirtation with couples put a strain on their budding relationships. If they couldn't stand a little harmless, playful flirtation then it truly was a doomed relationship as far as Josephine was concerned.

When asked about the fight, the redhead shook her head. "I was meaning to go and watch the fight, that was a most fun and unexpected event to occur after all, but I was swept up in a wonderful conversation with a most enchanting lady who insisted that we dance," she laughed. "I don't regret having missed such an event since I did have a wonderful time with the young lady." Josephine smiled, remembering Melissa's sweet, timid kiss that followed that dance that they had shared. And of course she had then brazenly given a curtsy to the young man that the woman was betrothed to. "I also met my betrothed for a short time before she was taken by Lady Harcourt's servants. I'll confess, I then slipped out of the event to go to the stables to check on my horse. I know it is unconventional, but I was worried about her since she is a very high strung Arabian that was no doubt missing my attention. I will need to attend to her later this evening or else she is likely to give the stable hands trouble. You are most welcome to join me at that time if you would like," she offered jovially.

Once the couple and she stepped into the dining hall, one could just feel the tension in the air. Oh dear, it seemed something had occurred. A young man..Oh! That was Elijah! He was rushing out of the room with a plate of food in his hand. Hm, she wondered what she had missed. Perhaps she would converse with the staff later, see if she could squeeze out a little gossip through her playful flirtation. Oh, she was aware already that they had crafted a reputation for her as well. One that had some making wagers on who Josephine would attempt to seduce next.

Her green tinted gaze flicked about the room, noting that Thaddeus was seated at one end of the table and his betrothed, Melissa, was seated quite far on the opposite end with her servant, Mika. That alone was also intriguing. Well! It was time to liven up this atmosphere and see what she might be able to stir up. After all, she had given up on playing a little with Ezra and Farah.

For now.

The redhead beamed a brilliant smile as she looked at Mika and Melissa, offering a wave toward the young women. "Melissa, my dear, it is most good to see you! I was hoping that I might be able to catch a few moments to be able to speak with you again since we had such a wonderful time at the ball last night. Perhaps you can formally introduce me to your maid and betrothed this time, Both seem as though they would be such good company," she suggested with a flash of a smile that hid her true intentions to cause a little mischief.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez , Cosmos Cosmos , MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Farah listened intently, the blonde smiled listening to Josie talk about her night. Who was this woman, she was conflicted as to if she could ask about this lady Josie had encountered but decided against it? She did not want to show pushy for private information. "I see, she must have been lovely to you. I am happy for your Fortune Josie, maybe you will see her again." She said as she smiled her crystal blue gaze looking over at Ezra seeing if he had anything to add before looking at Josie. What do you think Ezra?" She asked as she wanted to include Ezra but it was also becoming quite obvious she was a social lady of class with a firey emotional personality. She could be underestimated by her blue soft eyes at times, which had some hidden depths to them which had yet to be clearly understood.

Farah was all bark but no bite, She was kind and wished not to hurt others but guilt had faded as she became more comfortable with the two. Josie's company was not so bad after all. The red-haired lady seemed to be passionate about her horse and wanted to see it well taken care of. She respected that on many levels. It was a good quality to have responsibilities as she understood what she was going toward doing more things for herself. "Your very kind to offer that. I am quite an animal person back at the home my family allowed a Corgi, It sadly passed 2 years before. I respect that you treat animals of your own so well." She said as walked in the dining hall already feeling the newfound tension. She noticed Thaddeus and Elijah leaving the room with food. Must be someones betrothed but why was he sitting by himself and the other man seemed in a hurry to leave the room. It seemed some others morning and night went different than others. She noticed Josie go and talk to Mel. "Could that be Josie's betrothed? She knew her bethrothed was not with Josie anyhow. Josie had hinted her betrothed was a she.

The blonde raised a blonde eyebrow looking at the gentleman in the chair. In her opinion, she was not sure what to think as of right now. "Let's go sit down Ezra, I am sure Josie will join us when she is ready. She seems occupied." She stated as she found a seat unintentionally near Thadeus but there were only so many places to chose and she didn't want to bother the lady's discussion with one of the maids with them. "Hello, Sir." She said sitting down glancing over for Erza to sit beside her. She had not properly seen what had gone on because was not here to see the scene between the two men she assumed since she had not seen the lady leave when she had entered.

She decided to introduce her to the man. "I am Farah and this my Bethrothed Ezra. It was a shame I didn't get to introduce myself to all of the guests last night." She said. Not everyone had witnessed that Thaddeus was a snake since only really two out of all the couples had understood a little more in that sense. She was kind out of being oblivious to what this man was capable of.
redroseknight redroseknight NighttimeForest NighttimeForest lion. lion.

Adalia looked up at Elijah. She inspected him thoroughly , but once she saw him holding a plate of food she could not help but chuckle. This man went out of his way to apologize to her , even thought about her need to eat.

"You where no fool Elijah. " She said as she sat on the edge of her bed and pat it , signaling him to sit next to her. "I think its important to look at intent in these cases. I don't think you had the intent to hurt my feelings . I think we both did some things that were wrong. I should apologize too." Adalia cleared her throat as her hands played with the fabric of the bed sheets.

Adalia looked at her betrothed , there was a softness to her gaze , and understanding and a bit of sadness of her actions. "I hope you did not view my actions earlier as something scandalous , i was not meaning to choose anyone over the other. I'm not very good with conflict i suppose " Adalia said with a big sigh as she threw her head back to look at the ceiling.

"I thank you for coming to check in on me however , it just shows how you only have my best interest in heart. " Adalia then looked back at him , with a soft smile.

"Ah and look you brought food! Now we can both eat , and in the privacy of each other."

Alvaris Alvaris

Ezra was a bit disappointed they didn't see it, mostly from the fact that he wanted to talk to another audience member about it. They seemed to have a much better time though and when Farah asked what he thought he spoke up. "Well it's a shame you didn't see it, but considering you had a wonderful time none the less I'd say you traded it for something better. Dancing is one of the best ways to spend time," he smiled as he said this. His eyes light up when Josie said she had a horse, he loved whenever he could take the time to learn horseback riding. Though he wasn't an expert. "I have a bit of know how on horseback riding, though I'm certainly not an expert. I'd love to see your girl," his attention then went to his betrothed as she told of her own corgi, he wished he could have seen them. While he himself didn't have any animals, mostly because he was too busy with his shop, he loved to be around them.

Before he said anything they walked into the room and it felt, well it had a strange feeling. Kind of like how he felt he missed something the night prior. He noticed one of the guests leave with a plate, and three other people besides the staff seemed to have been here. Was he really that late? He felt bad that he kept his betrothed waiting so much that barely anyone was still here. At least he felt that way, he still hadn't met with everyone. When Josie talked to the two ladies, one who seemed to be tending on the other, he tried to give a small wave in the direction though he wasn't sure if that was right. He didn't know either of them, yet at least. It seemed whoever was Melissa was their dance partner last night. he was pulled form the though as Farah spoke to him, nodding to her as he followed her away from their new companion and to a table. It was near the man that he saw the yesterday, though they didn't seem in the mood to talk. He hoped they were well now.

Sitting down next to Farah as she greeted for them, something he found himself rather fond of the fact that they took their time to add him into everything, he gave a wave when his name came up to the man. "I did see you last night, though I was unsure if you wanted company," he felt a bit bad about that now, maybe he could have hit it off and befriended the man yesterday like he did with Matthias. Well he couldn't think like that now, the past was the past and he hoped that now he could form a friendship with them. He wasn't one to realized if someone was not the type you wanted to be friends with them, not until they do something very drastic that would even shake his view.

redroseknight redroseknight MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 lion. lion.

His ears pricked at the sound of her voice. Her words caressed his shame, allowing him to breath instead of berating his idiotic behaviour. Adalia moved toward the bed and rested on the plush mattress. Her hand shifted as she patted the cushion beside her before her words filled his ears. He stepped to the bed and sat beside her, focusing on her face instead of how stunning she looked in the morning light shining through the window.

“I hardly believe your behaviour warrants an apology. If you insist, I shall accept,” Elijah said, his eyes darted to her hands for a moment as she twiddled with the sheets. Was she nervous? He felt tense, yet the plate served as a fidget preventer. Elijah returned his attention to her face, meeting those dark eyes.

The anger expressed earlier completely dissipated from her. “I didn’t handle the situation well either. I must confess when you grabbed the other man, it hurt, but I suppose it was something I deserved.” He looked down before adding, “I do not think ill of your actions.”

She seemed far more gracious than his actions merited. “I thank you for allowing me to speak,” he said quietly as he looked at her. The smile, regardless of the size, lifted his heart. Alas, a fool he may be, but he was a fortunate one.

“Ah, yes. I nearly forgot,” he said with a short laugh as he lifted the plate toward her. “A man learns a thing or two from his sister.” He smiled. “I believe we are due soon for the activity planned.” He earnestly wished that man was not the one they would be meeting with. At the moment, facing that bloke was far more distasteful than cursing in church.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

"You absolutely do not deserve anything like that Elijah. If it hurt you than I must apologize , the last thing I want to do is hurt you!" She said looking at him with a pout before softening her expression up. "I'm glad we resolved this , I really appreciate you coming to see me."

"A sister huh?" Adalia asked with a grin on her face as she grabbed the plate from his hands. She split the food half and half one side for her and the other for Elijah. "I wish I had a sibling , maybe some day I'll get to meet yours." she smiled.

"Oh yes! Horse riding! And no less with two other people. Wouldn't want to do something lascivious , especially out in the outdoors hmm? " She couldn't help but laugh at the statement , even Elijah being in her room would be seen as something immoral , and yet she was thinking about such a thing. making her blush at the idea.

Tucking her hair behind her ear and biting her lip , she looked at Elijah thinking how she got paired with someone who was out of her league. Taking a piece of food form the plate she ate it , she didn't even realize how hungry she was until she tasted the flavors of what was in her mouth. "mmm!" She almost didn't want to swallow her meal lest the flavor would disappear. "I'd suggest that you'd eat Elijah, before you know it the plate will be spotless" She said with a mischievous grin.

Alvaris Alvaris

Her dress was blue, but she was red.

A phoenix once obscured, stirred in the projections of mockery richoetting between the two men. She had held onto her silence till it died a battered death.

Then, she went livid.

Her wings spread, conspiring tails of flattering flames that could gnaw through bone. Her rubescent lips marauded the power behind their voices, her echoing chords severing the brawl. In her rail of rage, her eyes had dredged into his, the intelligence in her confrontation being the most gruesome quiet reading.

Scared. The pearls of her eyes glittered. You’re scared.

A gentle convulsion undulated under his arctic skin, and without an arc of logical thinking, he fell in depths of his adolescent self in the courtroom. He saw the selfsame operose whelmed in the synonymous strained bunch of flesh and muscle. Like evidence, like reasoning, she had caged him with the same diligent steps he made in his rough questioning to his witnesses. He saw himself in the woman as she sabered through with diligent tauntings, with sharp observations.

More abstract and more unnerving than bloody massacres, his inner eye painted the woman as a lawyer herself: the tidy blonde hair drawn back, her body suiting in a lawyer’s robe, the curling of her small fists dipping against the table in the relaying of her argument…

Her spoor of steps, the last of them, were breakneck to the gathering crowd, and Thaddeus. Caught in his catastrophic thoughts, he only saw her intended course after her.

—- —- —-

Diplomacy always had to ring at rare times.

Thaddeus was in the midst of jagging his knife into his breakfast slice of an apple turnover, when the chairs nearby rustled with delighted company. It had been red-lettering that instead of leaving, Thaddeus had decided to seat himself for the courtesy of being a sweetheart of likes.

Whoever could question the goodness of his heart or how charitable he was with the way he was waiting for his illy-balanced blonde sprite to awaken?

Plainly all aside, he was floored. Whispers and jibes tingled from the morning episode, and it was only fair time when his mother was flocked by gossipping wenches and doxies. As he forked a piece of the morsel distastefully, he imagined the sourness that would’ve taken the color of his mother’s face if she heard that he left his damsel in distress in vulnerability. Evil woman.

"I am Farah.” A femine voice interrupted his waspish pondering; she filed an adjacent position from himself. “And this my Bethrothed Ezra. It was a shame I didn't get to introduce myself to all of the guests last night."

Thaddeus ceased from the prating the morsel to pieces, his pupils deliberately deviating from the pastry. By the luck of the draw, he was not exasperated by the companionship of some laundering servant or some lost bygone. Instead, his immersing blues coincided to a more delectable point of interest.

Viably and indefinitely a more appetizing sight too.

The faintest of rugged smirks distended on his charismatic face, the grimness concealed under the lawless, flawful smile.

“I don’t reckon it was much of a shame. After all, Farah, I wouldn't have had the chance to be introduced by such a beauty like you in this early hour, would I?” Thaddeus effortlessly toasted, acknowledging her suitors’ hand gesture as he settled just behind her gait.

What was it with these honing, love-sick suitors?

"I did see you last night, though I was unsure if you wanted company," the man who seemingly went by Ezra aforementioned from his place.

“How considerate of you,” Thaddeus engaged in tone with Ezra, the blueblood of aristocracy making conversation as frictionless as a clear sky, “However, I did happen to be plenty busy that night.”

His memory discordantly remembered the man of beer, and his holier-than-thou smugness.

“Pleasantries aside,” he transitioned in discussion, his gaze corralling in far-sight to where his intended and the familiar auburn stood, “I hope you do not mind that I leave you both to be. My lady, over there, appears ready to part for our daily activities.”

Farah heard the mans reply it was not what she expected. Seemed surprised by this mans flirtatious response. Was everyone this way? Josie was a bit, now this man. She couldn’t advert her crystal blue gaze and sighed blushed. “Well, thank you..heh your words are quite thoughtful. That you don’t seem disappointed not meeting me last night.” She then glanced hearing Ezra’s comment. He was just as friendly to the man getting a similar friendly response.

She heard that The man said he had to go. It was unfortunate she didn’t get his name then again it could be a good thing. She wondered his ever man complemented most ladies by their beauty so she let it go.

“Well, we best not keep you. Have fun at your date.” She said as she Then started eating some french toast on one of the plates.

@
Her dress was blue, but she was red.

A phoenix once obscured, stirred in the projections of mockery richoetting between the two men. She had held onto her silence till it died a battered death.

Then, she went livid.

Her wings spread, conspiring tails of flattering flames that could gnaw through bone. Her rubescent lips marauded the power behind their voices, her echoing chords severing the brawl. In her rail of rage, her eyes had dredged into his, the intelligence in her confrontation being the most gruesome quiet reading.

Scared. The pearls of her eyes glittered. You’re scared.

A gentle convulsion undulated under his arctic skin, and without an arc of logical thinking, he fell in depths of his adolescent self in the courtroom. He saw the selfsame operose whelmed in the synonymous strained bunch of flesh and muscle. Like evidence, like reasoning, she had caged him with the same diligent steps he made in his rough questioning to his witnesses. He saw himself in the woman as she sabered through with diligent tauntings, with sharp observations.

More abstract and more unnerving than bloody massacres, his inner eye painted the woman as a lawyer herself: the tidy blonde hair drawn back, her body suiting in a lawyer’s robe, the curling of her small fists dipping against the table in the relaying of her argument…

Her spoor of steps, the last of them, were breakneck to the gathering crowd, and Thaddeus. Caught in his catastrophic thoughts, he only saw her intended course after her.

—- —- —-

Diplomacy always had to ring at rare times.

Thaddeus was in the midst of jagging his knife into his breakfast slice of an apple turnover, when the chairs nearby rustled with delighted company. It had been red-lettering that instead of leaving, Thaddeus had decided to seat himself for the courtesy of being a sweetheart of likes.

Whoever could question the goodness of his heart or how charitable he was with the way he was waiting for his illy-balanced blonde sprite to awaken?

Plainly all aside, he was floored. Whispers and jibes tingled from the morning episode, and it was only fair time when his mother was flocked by gossipping wenches and doxies. As he forked a piece of the morsel distastefully, he imagined the sourness that would’ve taken the color of his mother’s face if she heard that he left his damsel in distress in vulnerability. Evil woman.

"I am Farah.” A femine voice interrupted his waspish pondering; she filed an adjacent position from himself. “And this my Bethrothed Ezra. It was a shame I didn't get to introduce myself to all of the guests last night."

Thaddeus ceased from the prating the morsel to pieces, his pupils deliberately deviating from the pastry. By the luck of the draw, he was not exasperated by the companionship of some laundering servant or some lost bygone. Instead, his immersing blues coincided to a more delectable point of interest.

Viably and indefinitely a more appetizing sight too.

The faintest of rugged smirks distended on his charismatic face, the grimness concealed under the lawless, flawful smile.

“I don’t reckon it was much of a shame. After all, Farah, I wouldn't have had the chance to be introduced by such a beauty like you in this early hour, would I?” Thaddeus effortlessly toasted, acknowledging her suitors’ hand gesture as he settled just behind her gait.

What was it with these honing, love-sick suitors?

"I did see you last night, though I was unsure if you wanted company," the man who seemingly went by Ezra aforementioned from his place.

“How considerate of you,” Thaddeus engaged in tone with Ezra, the blueblood of aristocracy making conversation as frictionless as a clear sky, “However, I did happen to be plenty busy that night.”

His memory discordantly remembered the man of beer, and his holier-than-thou smugness.

“Pleasantries aside,” he transitioned in discussion, his gaze corralling in far-sight to where his intended and the familiar auburn stood, “I hope you do not mind that I leave you both to be. My lady, over there, appears ready to part for our daily activities.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back