• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
At her subtle nod, Elijah smiled. Alas, he was saved from more embarrassment. If this woman rejected his friendly offer, well, maybe he would disappear into his room to attend to his scratched pride. Sore throat? He mulled over that notion before realizing what she intended to tell him. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Melissa," he said her name as though a purr. He was grateful for the silent hallway or else he'd have a hard time hearing the girl.

Elijah nodded, glancing at the place they nearly locked horns before returning his attention to Melissa. "Indeed it was. I am unsure who the man was though, I never got his name." He'd certainly find out later and it became a sort of mission for him. Elijah looked at the maid and lowered his head. "Pleasure to meet you as well." The tightness in his chest loosened and he felt more grateful than embarrassed that the two women were here.

"I suppose your betrothed must already be at breakfast." He held out his elbow for her to take. "Tell me, what is your favourite breakfast food?" He asked chuckling lightly. Soon he'd be in the same space as that unbearable betrothed wooer. Hopefully he'd found a friend or at least a companion of sorts. Both were left by their betrothed, though hers appeared unintentional. "How has this betrothal proccess been for you?" The question he truly desired to ask and he hoped for a positive answer from the girl. They couldn't all be filled with drama, could they?

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Cosmos Cosmos

She leaned close to Frankie and smiled hearing him define Adel-ante. The wind blew through her red hair as she closed her green eyes feeling the wind as the carriage went fast. “It feels great to go fast..You can feel the breeze.” she mumbled.

She opened her eyes looking back at Frankie before her eyes widened hearing them driver Warn Frankie to look out. She felt the carriage lurk forward she tried to grab Frankies hand but miss as Frankie had fell face first seeing him fall and her heart almost stopped as she thought he was injured but saw he was safe and breathed a heavy sigh from her small panic. She noticed the driver hand Frankie a cloth to wipe his face.

She got down from the carriage standing beside it seeing the two talking so she stood there afar listening but not interrupting. She noticed Frankie walk over and ask if she was okay. “Of course, i was more worried if you were. Did you hurt your face again?” She asked as she gently reached her white gloved hand and gently carassed Frankies poor face.

She heard the driver speak up and she moved a hand away from Frankies face hearing what was going on as Frankie and the driver spoke. “Are we lost?” Her question was soon answered as Frankie offered her a stroll through the woods. “I’d like that.” She said her green eyes gazing up at him. “We have been getting lucky getting to spend extra time together. Of course i would like to. Do they have forests in cuba?” She asked gently taking his hand.

"Us, lucky?" Frankie laughed. Suddenly, he swung his hands under her and swooped her off her feet so that he carried her bridal style. "I couldn't be more lucky," he said, looking at her, "to be accompanied by someone like you." Frankie bid the driver farewell as he began to attempt to shoo the herd of sheep away. The boxer started for the forest, veering off the path with a bold outlook. "I wouldn't to dirty your dress," he added, continuing to carry Samantha as they approached the edge of the forest.

When she asked him about Cuba. he thought for a moment.

"I would say jungles more than forests. All up in the mountains too," he told her, "Very thick, full of all kids of birds and animals." This particular forest wasn't very dense at all. If anything, they were a loose collection of trees gathering to share their sunlight. Nonetheless, it was very secluded and all that could be heard is the occasional chirp from the trees above. "You could find monkeys, crocodiles, bats, lizards, and frogs," he listed them off as they came to him. "Say, have you ever seen a dolphin?" Sunlight glistened between the holes made by the leaves above. If the image were captured, it was a man carrying his betrothed through a quiet forest, and Frankie would be damned if Samantha didn't capture his full attention.

Mika was taken slightly aback at the end of what they witnessed, however as another male approached and bowed, she raised a brow briefly before smiling at him and replying with her own less formal and more servitude one. As Melissa gave a curtsey she chuckled, "please do excuse my ladies voice. Sadly she has a condition which hinders it, however i am here to provide any interpretation should it be needed." She continued in a soft tone, this male didn't seem all that dangerous, and to admit it she was rather hungry- and surely so was Mel, joining him to the dining room would be no issue, right?

As he offered an arm Mika nudged her friend forward subtly with a smile, "Go on, ya' need to make some friends~" she giggled out in a whisper. She'd stay close should they start walking, spring curiously at a vase across the hallway that was slightly out of place.
______

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Alvaris Alvaris

"Us, lucky?" Frankie laughed. Suddenly, he swung his hands under her and swooped her off her feet so that he carried her bridal style. "I couldn't be more lucky," he said, looking at her, "to be accompanied by someone like you." Frankie bid the driver farewell as he began to attempt to shoo the herd of sheep away. The boxer started for the forest, veering off the path with a bold outlook. "I wouldn't to dirty your dress," he added, continuing to carry Samantha as they approached the edge of the forest.

When she asked him about Cuba. he thought for a moment.

"I would say jungles more than forests. All up in the mountains too," he told her, "Very thick, full of all kids of birds and animals." This particular forest wasn't very dense at all. If anything, they were a loose collection of trees gathering to share their sunlight. Nonetheless, it was very secluded and all that could be heard is the occasional chirp from the trees above. "You could find monkeys, crocodiles, bats, lizards, and frogs," he listed them off as they came to him. "Say, have you ever seen a dolphin?" Sunlight glistened between the holes made by the leaves above. If the image were captured, it was a man carrying his betrothed through a quiet forest, and Frankie would be damned if Samantha didn't capture his full attention.

“In a different sense, yes.” She said smiling and she squeaked suddenly being picked up by him and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She blushed hearing his sweet words.

“I am lucky to have you too, Frankie..” she said. She said as she glanced and bid the driver fair well as they went into the woods. “Well, thank you for being so thoughtful. Its sweet of you to think of me.” She said looking to him gently.

She listened to him explain and she felt as though she could talk about where she was from. “I’ve never really been in a forest, yet a jungle. Italy doesn’t have that unfortunately.” She said with a slight frown. Her expression changed when she heard him say that and she became more calm and it became hard to tell how she felt at that moment.

“Once, Italy has a nice bay. I snuck there one time a long time ago. Never saw one again after that.” Her tone was easy to tell though she missed that freedom of sticking her feet in the water and seeing dolphins jump out of the water. Her parents were overbearing and controlling. She never did anything. She was their little puppet on strings. She did whatever she could to please them. Sometimes it was never enough.

“I wish i could see one again someday.” She said. It was not Frankies fault she was so broken and sheltered. She never got to see the world. Even a party was new to her. The first night she actually felt she made her own decision when she slept with Frankie.

Elapsing back, it had always been Thaddeus who cut loose. In the dwindling witching hours of home festivities when the spangled stars devoured the last of the dusky emanation touching the ground, and when many sated guests in carriages bid farewell from a dancing night, Thaddeus was on his own slate. Among the fanciful leaving, It would be his hand that braced over and melded with that of his viciously, seductive pick of the night. It would be his sinister clamp of dynasty, his irresistible larceny that had the lady flying skirts after him, both partitioning thunderous heartbeats as they raced down halls.

It was a new sensation when he felt the pressure of the woman’s gallant fingers excel around his upper arm. Nearly staggering at the imbalance of her action, he was speechless as she propelled him to follow her. He was enthralled, a tipping iceberg, as she moved gracefully into the compartment where food was served.

This wasn’t the first time Thaddeus was outwittingly touched by a lady. There were times in which he was a passionate man, times in which playful harpies lent their fingers to graze a counterpart of him. There were times where he focused less on why and how, times in which through the blind collisions against many barriers of walls and crashing lips, a door was sought.

But, this was different. This wasn’t about the way her fingers were on his arm. Hell, it wasn’t even about seduction. Rather, it was a chauvinistic ridicule.

What in the godspoken world was a powerful man like himself doing behind the footsteps of a pretty face?

Through a dashing getaway in the hallways, Thaddeus couldn’t resist grinning, a striping of malefin humor lucent in his straight white smile. She had left her betrothed like debris, and she had stripped him momentarily from his honor.

“I wouldn’t have been able to tell,” Thaddeus rumbled, his arm loosely adhered around hers as they strode to the breakfast room, “But you are one sly, sly, adventurous woman.” It was now more than apparent with the visage of her blonde hair moored in flair style, her gown a simplistic but leading-edge to unrestricted activities.

Exhilaration lasted in his eyes much as the temprest of the ocean , and it quartered with the indispensable fluster of nervousness that enveloped her eyes. The curving nature of his lips expanded, an odium of darkness waiting to be revealed.

“As for hunger, my lady, I’ve never been satisfied.”

At her subtle nod, Elijah smiled. Alas, he was saved from more embarrassment. If this woman rejected his friendly offer, well, maybe he would disappear into his room to attend to his scratched pride. Sore throat? He mulled over that notion before realizing what she intended to tell him. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Melissa," he said her name as though a purr. He was grateful for the silent hallway or else he'd have a hard time hearing the girl.

Elijah nodded, glancing at the place they nearly locked horns before returning his attention to Melissa. "Indeed it was. I am unsure who the man was though, I never got his name." He'd certainly find out later and it became a sort of mission for him. Elijah looked at the maid and lowered his head. "Pleasure to meet you as well." The tightness in his chest loosened and he felt more grateful than embarrassed that the two women were here.

"I suppose your betrothed must already be at breakfast." He held out his elbow for her to take. "Tell me, what is your favourite breakfast food?" He asked chuckling lightly. Soon he'd be in the same space as that unbearable betrothed wooer. Hopefully he'd found a friend or at least a companion of sorts. Both were left by their betrothed, though hers appeared unintentional. "How has this betrothal proccess been for you?" The question he truly desired to ask and he hoped for a positive answer from the girl. They couldn't all be filled with drama, could they?

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Cosmos Cosmos
Mika was taken slightly aback at the end of what they witnessed, however as another male approached and bowed, she raised a brow briefly before smiling at him and replying with her own less formal and more servitude one. As Melissa gave a curtsey she chuckled, "please do excuse my ladies voice. Sadly she has a condition which hinders it, however i am here to provide any interpretation should it be needed." She continued in a soft tone, this male didn't seem all that dangerous, and to admit it she was rather hungry- and surely so was Mel, joining him to the dining room would be no issue, right?

As he offered an arm Mika nudged her friend forward subtly with a smile, "Go on, ya' need to make some friends~" she giggled out in a whisper. She'd stay close should they start walking, spring curiously at a vase across the hallway that was slightly out of place.
______

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Alvaris Alvaris

Melissa blushes some as the boy began talking to her more. "I...I like pastries," she says in her trademark voice. It was true that she loved pastries, her mother would always scold her and tell her she was going to get fat if she did not cut back on them. Luckily her metabolism has been keeping up with her...for now. "I...I'm sure you heard yesterday about me...I was the one who fainted at the beginning...I apologize," she looks down and slowly puts her arm through his as they begin to make their way to the dining hall. "You don't mind my maid attending with us do you?" She asks.

They made their way to the dining hall and the blood soon drained from her face as she spotted Thaddeus with his arm locked with another girl. "E-Elijah...I..." She whispered before her step faltered and she collapsed against the man walking with her. Her eyes were wide with shock and she was on the verge of crying. Was she not enough for her betrothed? He had to go with another girl when they were set to have a double date later. She suddenly felt sick to her stomach, before the darkness came and she went fully unconscious against Elijah with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Elijah nodded as he leaned a little closer to Melissa. "Pastries are wonderful. A weakness of mine as well." He chuckled lightly as they neared the dining area. The scent of baked good wafted in his direction, making his stomach quietly rumble. "I may have heard a whisper or two about that. I had not realized it was you," he said quietly as he smiled at the blonde beside him. She had a subtle innocents about her that he found rather endearing. Melissa reminded him of his sister, before she gained her reckless independence. His sister, Mary, had yet to practice being a refined young woman. His parents always scolded her 'willful' ways, but Elijah cared most about her safety.

"I'm glad to see that you've appeared to recover," he added before glancing at the maid. "Not at all. Whatever pleases you, besides, everyone must eat." He turned his attention to the dining hall as they entered. He'd nearly forgotten about his humiliating defeat until he saw Adalia with the man from earlier. They were still locked together. The man stood in the place that belonged to Elijah and he had yet to forfeit, not that he would. To Elijah, it wasn't about winning, though putting that man in his place was tempting. Elijah was prepared to make that vow and move on with his life; the constraints of his parents would no longer apply and he'd be able to choose his path with his wife by his side. The possibilities seemed endless, but for the moment it appeared to have an expiration date.

At the sound of his name, Elijah looked at Melissa. She stumbled, knocking into him, her blue eyes wide and glossy. Quickly Elijah wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from hitting the ground. Elijah looked at her maid before the woman became limp; he scooping her up, his arm slid under the back of her legs and his other arm supported her back as her head rested against his chest. "The doctor. Victor? It started with a V. Where is he?" The world tumbled from his mouth before he looked at her. A frown settled on his lips as her tears wet her cheeks. What had warranted such a reaction? Elijah hadn't said anything offensive or remotely cruel to her.

Elijah slowly turned to Adalia and the leech on her arm. She couldn't have possibly been paired with that rapscallion.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Cosmos Cosmos Ghostiiys Ghostiiys lion. lion. Lowquta Lowquta

Mika followed along quite cheerfully as Mel seemed to be in a happier mood than before, chatting innocently with the man about pastries she made a mental note to learn a few more recipes once home, they'd be good for celebrations- 'E-Elijah…. I-..." She heard the whisper leave her friends lips and immediately looked upwards at the scene before them, that man- Holding ANOTHERS woman!? So Mel really was nothing but poverty to him, an object to use!

The humble maids eyes lit like a forrest fire, teeth clenching tightly as she pushed forwards towards the man in a fighting stance, before the sudden light thump of Mel loosing her footing brought her back, right-…. she'd promised- to try. Letting out a long shaky breath she went back to the friendly male and gave him a pleasant smile, "There's really no need for a doctor sir, I assure you- she's, just prone to this sort of thing…. Though I must say seeing your betrothed with another woman would not aid in it." The latterpart of the sentence came out in an almost growled mumble, lifting the girl with surprising ease from the man with the muscles built with years of long work hours.

And bringing her over to a nearby large chair, gently placing her within it before kneeling before her, grabbing one of the girls soft and delicate hands in her own hard worked ones.
"Mel, Mel?…." she whispered, trying to keep the informal address as secretive as possible. "You silly~…. Ya' really gotta stop fainting, you're going to make everyone worried" she let out in a gentle tone, eyes filled with a gentle glimmer as she looked up at the others tear stricken face, gently brushing them away with part of her own sleeve.

It was clear to see from that expression, the one she tried to hide so well from every other person but the one before her, the genuine care on her face differing from what any other maid would give their owner.

Love.
_______

Alvaris Alvaris Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez lion. lion. Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Adalia could not help but scoff and chuckle. "Oh my dear sir , you have some nerve" she cleared her throat and sighed. with her free hand she pinched the bridge of her nose. It was only in the morning and things where off to this start. To think that a simple encounter with only good intentions could some how escalate into this. She let go of the bridge of her nose. "The only person here that is guileful is you. " She raised closed her eyes for a mere second and calmed herself down. " Am I to think of you as some sort of gentleman now? hmm? " looking at him with some pity in her gaze. His attitude reminded her of a lost man.

Someone with perhaps bad intentions , but only because they had experienced something that hurt them. A man with walls. It was almost like Adalia could see right through him. He is almost like a lost puppy a street dog acting only out of habit. She almost didn't realize how intently she was staring in the mans eyes until she heard her betrothed 's voice. She turned her heard and saw him holding the same lady who had passed out the night prior.

She let go of her grip. Hearing the maid saying that the man next to Adalia was her betrothed. Did she think Adalia was some sort of debaucher? She noticed Elijah staring at her, Did he think the same thing as well?

"I-is she alright?" Adalia said stumbling over her words. She couldn't even look her intended in the eyes, what could he be thinking? Her hands shook with nervousness before she crossed her arms in an attempt to mentally shield herself from the situation. "Is this your betrothed?" Adalia stated looking back at the man.

All of this and she hadn't even had a cup of tea yet.

Alvaris Alvaris Cosmos Cosmos Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez lion. lion.

Last edited:
Eliza let out a sigh as she kicked her boot against the ground, scuffing up the toe of it a little only causing her to stare at the ground further, making her almost completely ignore her surroundings as she exited the front door, "Why the heck' did that old hag even pair two of the same barrel o' fish together?…." she muttered, rubbing at her neck puzzled as she thought about her 'match', probably just some joke to amuse her, right? After all, clearly neither were actually interested in letting this work out, unless of course in the sense of that other one gaining someone to please the family.

A small grimace let itself onto her face, great, she was some sorta joke then? Oh well, if they were gonna make her a joke she'd be sure to have fun here, in whatever way she could. A small smirk on her face at the thought as she finally had a cleared head, looking up only to realise she was in the main gardens clearing, blinking curiously for a moment before spotting something that admittedly gave some relief.

"Hey beautiful- you busy now or can I get back to stealing ya?~" she chuckled with a comfortable shrug as she went over to the girl beneath the shade of the bushy looking tree. Leaning up against the tree she glanced at the other with a smug look, letting her previously upper hand relax down and reach out towards the other in an offer of however it was taken, a lift up, a shake- whatever pleased the other.

After all, she wasn't really used to all this 'fancy' stuff.
______

StarxLight StarxLight

Accustomed to themselves, people rarely card-carried their identity. Witnessing the scrunch of her classistic nose and her animated, brisk defence of a reply, he knew. She was untainted, perhaps a sinless woman, but like the world she couldn’t ridden herself from the rigorously hidden valleys and mystifying hills: the underhanded secrets.

“The only person here that is guileful is you.” She had ejected in a crude contemplative tone.

Little did she know that he was masterful in clockworking through people.

“You don’t think I can read people, my lady?” He gave a laugh that had a deluged plunge in symphony like a horrific piano, “Wondrous how I manage in the wakings of cases and testimonies I grind my mind to ashes on.”

If there weren’t stubborn liars like her, there wouldn’t be any lawyers.

He could only grin when her crass trained on a tangency, the way her tongue lashed him out for wondering if he could be any regular gentlemen.

Isolated, she became radically, her hand disbanding from his. There it was again. That adamant wildness that so rarely touched the grounds of English society; lush green forests whose vineyard endeavored a mind of its own. Antecedently, when they were linked hand in hand, he felt her pin his eyes on him. Daringly, she pressed to read him, and by whatever she saw in his eyes she forgot when those blue orbs regarded her suitor.

This suitor was a very persis-

“Is this your betrothed?” In the back of his mind, he heard the woman ask, but his eyes were punctual. His lips managed a curt, “Yes.”

He slowly observed that his intended was basking in the arms of the woman’s suitor, a lithe lax body mortally unconscious.

Her health condition.

Every brawn in his body insisted to take her in his own instantaneous hold, to be some sort of assistance. In one night alone, he had established she had the purity of a pearl. She was delicate, a lass whose intentions were on the spectacle of what faraway sprites wrote. She was diametrically adverse from him.

A more menacing epiphany the more he beheld his vision towards her: She had already began to trust him.

Admittedly, drunk, it was trust.

Thus, all he did was embed his hands deep in the pockets of his trousers, fisted and tight with whitening knuckles. His jaw screwed with a wintersome pressure, and he felt vibrations echo through his veins. Hot, cold, and hot once more.

He had to warn her.

“Once she wakes, send her to the site,” he declared, the words abutting to hoarse for some deifficent tug he felt in the depths of his abnormally skipping heart rate.

Elodie had been reading for a while when she heard someone moving towards her. Glancing up from her book she saw El, or Eliza she supposed wandering over towards her. Elodie smiled as she approached, resolved to be friendly at least. She hadn't been around to see the rest of Eliza's night, she never knew how it went. "Good morning!" Elodie greeted, ignoring the blush that spread on her cheeks studiously. "Apart from this book I'm not busy at all."

Elodie took a moment to look at the girl, and she could see how tense her shoulders were, although El was doing a very good job at trying to keep them relaxed. It was the same thing she had watched herself do in the mirror during her mothers 'Lessons'. A small frown made it's way onto Elodie's face and she set her book onto her lap. She took the other girls hand and tugged a few times, indicating that she wanted she girl to sit. "Sit with me?" she asked.

Cosmos Cosmos

Eliza gave a chuckle as the other tugged on her hand and asked her to sit, with a smug nod she leant down, kneeling close to the other with a stiff yet almost practiced movement, eyes aligning with a glimmer in their turquoise green hue. "I didn't know you were the type to like doing such a thing out here in the open~" she teased, before smirking as she put herself down properly, crossed legs in the masculine type outfit.

The way she sat wasn't completely refined, and certainly not ladylike, however a slight wince as she hit the ground let knowledge that perhaps the cause wasn't lack of doing such completely. Looking over she raised an eyebrow curiously, "So— Whatcha' reading there beautiful? Some sort of sappy love novel~ Isn't that what girls like these days?" she teased, not in a mean hearted fashion and it was clear with a wink, she knew the other wasn't the sort to be a bland personality like some others, no, she was well aware how intelligent Elodie was, but she couldn't resist a good little debate.
_____

StarxLight StarxLight

“In a different sense, yes.” She said smiling and she squeaked suddenly being picked up by him and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She blushed hearing his sweet words.

“I am lucky to have you too, Frankie..” she said. She said as she glanced and bid the driver fair well as they went into the woods. “Well, thank you for being so thoughtful. Its sweet of you to think of me.” She said looking to him gently.

She listened to him explain and she felt as though she could talk about where she was from. “I’ve never really been in a forest, yet a jungle. Italy doesn’t have that unfortunately.” She said with a slight frown. Her expression changed when she heard him say that and she became more calm and it became hard to tell how she felt at that moment.

“Once, Italy has a nice bay. I snuck there one time a long time ago. Never saw one again after that.” Her tone was easy to tell though she missed that freedom of sticking her feet in the water and seeing dolphins jump out of the water. Her parents were overbearing and controlling. She never did anything. She was their little puppet on strings. She did whatever she could to please them. Sometimes it was never enough.

“I wish i could see one again someday.” She said. It was not Frankies fault she was so broken and sheltered. She never got to see the world. Even a party was new to her. The first night she actually felt she made her own decision when she slept with Frankie.

Frankie looked away from Samantha as she spoke. By the way she spoke, it didn't seem like she got out much. And the occasions where she did were far and few between. "Don't you worry," he said, "One of these days, I'll take you to see dolphins again." Then he stopped. Frankie stared at the ground in front of him at a pile of poop. He looked at Samantha for a moment and smiled.

"I hope you don't mind if I put you down now, but I might have something special to show you," he told her. Frankie set Samantha down gently and knelt down to inspect the dung. He took a stick and poked it. Soft... Frankie looked back at Samantha and held a finger to his lips.

"Follow me," he whispered almost inaudibly. He turned and began to walk through the grass, crouched down. It was almost as if the man had become a ghost. His steps were light, careful, muted. His eyes dashed between the ground in front of him and the forest ahead. Frankie's feet planted themselves in soft dirt, away from leaves and sticks but his eyes were also looking for something else. After a while of roaming around the area, Frankie found footprints. He smiled knowingly and looked back at Samantha.

"Deer," he whispered. He continued on, this time following the trail into some heavy brush. "I know I meant to keep you from getting dirty but... it doesn't look like we have choice," he told her before getting on all fours to crawl through the brush. They were very close. As he slipped through the branches, he avoiding all the twigs that could rustle the bush. Suddenly, Frankie froze. Still as ice. He carefully brought his hand out to Samantha and stepped to the side. He didn't look at her. His eyes were hypnotized in awe. The smile on his face was one of pure elation. Slowly, he moved the veil of leaves at the edge of the bush down to give them a window into the scene before them.

A meadow clearing in the middle of the forest with a doe and its mother resting in the sun. They were close enough to make out the eyes of the beautiful pair as they bathed in the light. It was as if the world stood still, and Frankie's eyes were still transfixed on the creatures. It didn't matter how many times he saw an animal before him, breathing, alive, it still awed him beyond belief. It was magical. Finally, he broke away and took a moment to look at Samantha.

(Since I wasn't able to get on to do this in time we've written it out offsite and this is for anyone who wished to read what happened the night before. This is each side the ~~~~ separating when it goes to the other person, Ezra starting.)

Smiling Ezra nodded. "Of course I think you're calming," he couldn't help but keep watching her as she looked up to the stars. He felt no need to look up. His heart was about to burst when she hugged him, he couldn't believe that this could all happen. Everything seemed so perfect. He would admit he felt sorrow for hearing how the day would end, but thinking how he could spent the next with her brushed it away. "Yes I think we should, I would be honored to escort you to your room and hopefully see you again tomorrow," with an affectionate smile on his face he offered her his arm.
~~~~
Farah smiled happy to hear he felt that way about her. She glanced at the stars as she hugged him. It was a nice night. She wished it didn’t have to end. After she commented about going back she smiled hearing his response. She unwrapped her arms Around him. “Thank you, I can’t wait to see you again tomorrow ezra.” She said gently easily saying how she felt taking his arm.
~~~~
"I do hope we'll get to see a lot together.. Maybe I could come by in the morning to fetch you before heading to the main room?" it felt a bit childish to him to want to in a way push his luck just to be around someone he likes. Right now however that didn't matter to him as he started to guide them back to the rooms that were occupied by everyone here. He wasn't sure exactly what room she was in, but he was sure she'd tell him if he was going way off course. He also was walking rather slowly than he was before. He couldn't help that, most of him wanted to try and drag this out. Who wouldn't for such a lovely night?
~~~~
“Yeah, thats sounds like a good idea. Who knows what the lady of the house as planned.” She said as she was guided back into the Harcourt mansion into the halls. She noticed him walk slowly, she didn’t say anything since it made her feel like Ezra really cared for her wanted to spend the outmost time he could with her as possible before they were to be married.
She noticed her room on the right side of the hall. Seemed they were the last one to get to their rooms just about. She pointed to her door and gently let go of his arm. “My night was wonderful. You were so caring to listen to my struggles. I love that about you Ezra. I think we are a great match. Can’t wait for you to give me some dance lessons.” She said playfully before she leaned and kissed his cheek. “Good night Ezra. Sleep well, i will see you tomorrow morning.” She said leaning back opening her door.
~~~~
If only the walk hadn't been so short. It wasn't, but there simple didn't seem to be enough time for the two. At least to him there wasn't. He made sure to remember where her door was so he could get her in the morning. He couldn't believe they felt just as amazed about the night as he had even if it wasn't as long as he may have wanted it. "My night was also wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better match. I would be nothing more than delighted to teach you to dance as best I can," he smiled as she was seemingly playful to him before he felt her kiss his cheek. He didn't register her talking a bit before his mind caught back up "Good night, Farah. I hope you also sleep well and I'll certain be over tomorrow morning," he wanted to return the kiss. His brain trying to work himself up before he leaned close and planted his own kiss on her cheek.
~~~~
She smiled hearing his reply as sighed gently. “I can’t wait til that day comes.” She said softly after she had kissed his cheek. She heard him bid her good night and returned her kiss. She blushed a bit smiling softly. She stood at the entrance of the door as he handed leaned in and kissed her cheek. For once she didn’t want someone to leave her but he had too for the night. It was the rules before marriage and she didn’t want to be chewed out. She gave him a quick hug before she turned her blue eyes looking to him before she waved bidding her second and last fairwell.

That night Ezra slept soundly. He'd say it was because his betrothed told him to if asked. Once up he had been trying to make sure everything was perfect. Washing and making sure each hair was in place, that there was no wrinkles in his clothing, and constant going back to double, triple check. He found the note on his bedside the day before and he was even more delighted about today. He could show his friend his betrothed and get caught up while spending time with her. She could meet his friend that he's been talking to her about. It was as if everything was going perfectly for him. He needed to make sure he was at Farahs door so they could go down together. Wait, was that the actual time? He couldn't believe he spent so much time just trying to make sure everything was right, was she waiting for him this whole time?

He needed to make sure he got there before she left simple because he was so concerned about everything being perfect. With the time in mind he quickly checked himself over once before he left his room. Walking at a rather fast pace to his betroths door before making sure to straighten his suit as he stood right outside of it. He breathed out before knocking on her door and waiting, hoping that he didn't take so much time that she had already left. He would be sure to apologize to her about this.

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

Last edited:
Frankie looked away from Samantha as she spoke. By the way she spoke, it didn't seem like she got out much. And the occasions where she did were far and few between. "Don't you worry," he said, "One of these days, I'll take you to see dolphins again." Then he stopped. Frankie stared at the ground in front of him at a pile of poop. He looked at Samantha for a moment and smiled.

"I hope you don't mind if I put you down now, but I might have something special to show you," he told her. Frankie set Samantha down gently and knelt down to inspect the dung. He took a stick and poked it. Soft... Frankie looked back at Samantha and held a finger to his lips.

"Follow me," he whispered almost inaudibly. He turned and began to walk through the grass, crouched down. It was almost as if the man had become a ghost. His steps were light, careful, muted. His eyes dashed between the ground in front of him and the forest ahead. Frankie's feet planted themselves in soft dirt, away from leaves and sticks but his eyes were also looking for something else. After a while of roaming around the area, Frankie found footprints. He smiled knowingly and looked back at Samantha.

"Deer," he whispered. He continued on, this time following the trail into some heavy brush. "I know I meant to keep you from getting dirty but... it doesn't look like we have choice," he told her before getting on all fours to crawl through the brush. They were very close. As he slipped through the branches, he avoiding all the twigs that could rustle the bush. Suddenly, Frankie froze. Still as ice. He carefully brought his hand out to Samantha and stepped to the side. He didn't look at her. His eyes were hypnotized in awe. The smile on his face was one of pure elation. Slowly, he moved the veil of leaves at the edge of the bush down to give them a window into the scene before them.

A meadow clearing in the middle of the forest with a doe and its mother resting in the sun. They were close enough to make out the eyes of the beautiful pair as they bathed in the light. It was as if the world stood still, and Frankie's eyes were still transfixed on the creatures. It didn't matter how many times he saw an animal before him, breathing, alive, it still awed him beyond belief. It was magical. Finally, he broke away and took a moment to look at Samantha.

Sammy noticed look away when she spoke. She wondered if her words bothered him. She pursed her lips together and then heard his reply. He would take her to see dolphins. Her cheeks flushed pink and smile on her face. "I would like that.." She said quietly and she noticed Frankie stop suddenly and look at the ground in front of him. She then noticed him look back and her and smile momentarily.

When she heard what he said. She nodded slowly not minding really. So she was set down by Frankie and noticed him inspect something on the ground and poke a stick with it. When he poked it she raised an eyebrow realizing what it was. It was quirky but there must of been a good reason for it. She noticed him look back putting a finger to his lips. She was confused but slowly nodded being quiet.

She heard his whisper to come over and she tiptoed over following the trail of heavy. She heard what he said and responded. "I don't mind at least we get to have fun..." She said in her usual quiet and soft tone as she crawled through the brush behind him. She wasn't sure what he was doing but he trusted him that it was worth it. She noticed the way he went through the branches. It seemed quite a task to be quiet but she managed to copy his move. She noticed Frankie freeze and noticed him offer his hand which she took as he stepped aside seeing he was mesmerized by something. He seemed happy whatever he was looking at.

She noticed him part the leaves of the bush seeing a meadow clearing and saw two does, one was a fawn. Her green eyes widened in surprise she had never seen anything like it. She had to be quiet though. She noticed him look back at her and she smiled and happily wrapped her arms around him. "thank you..." She whispered as she had gotten to see such peaceful animals up close.

Adalia looked at him as Melissa rested in his arms. He tried meeting her gaze, but her overt dodging deepening the dull throb in his chest. Her lips moved before he heard the question, though it took a moment to decipher through her stuttering. His eyes rested on her pink lips and he tried not to think about what it would be like to kiss her. No. He was hurt by her and, at the moment, he'd rather stay that way until he was finished licking his wounds.

Elijah turned, looking at the maid. She was utterly unfazed by the situation, which calmed his racing heart. "I assure you, that sight was quite dreadful," Elijah spoke quietly as he followed the maid to a large chair. Gently he placed her unconscious body in it before the maid pushed her way in. He never understood the dedication a maid had to their master. Elijah gave the two some space as he crossed his arms.

"Your relaxed manner is greatly appreciated," Elijah said, refraining from resting his hand on the maid's shoulder, for it may not be appropriate in such a time or between such individuals. "Is it long before she regains herself?" Seeing her in this vulnerable state worried him.

Anger twisted his stomach as he glanced over at the leech. The man showed no concern for his betrothed. He barely glanced at her since they entered the dining area. What honourable man behaves in such an abhorrent manner? That was the key though, wasn't it? Honour, a quality that man lacked.

Elijah shook his head before his words reached his ears. Send her to the site?

He balled his hands. Ainsley men do not fight. He clenched his jaw. Ainsley men do not fight, words ingrained into him since he was a mere lad. Elijah turned and slowly approached Melissa's betrothed. Maybe Ainsley men did fight.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced," Elijah said, his voice bold as he stared at the man. "I should warn you though, I don't make it a habit to associate with snakes."

Cosmos Cosmos lion. lion. Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

(Since I wasn't able to get on to do this in time we've written it out offsite and this is for anyone who wished to read what happened the night before. This is each side the ~~~~ separating when it goes to the other person, Ezra starting.)

Smiling Ezra nodded. "Of course I think you're calming," he couldn't help but keep watching her as she looked up to the stars. He felt no need to look up. His heart was about to burst when she hugged him, he couldn't believe that this could all happen. Everything seemed so perfect. He would admit he felt sorrow for hearing how the day would end, but thinking how he could spent the next with her brushed it away. "Yes I think we should, I would be honored to escort you to your room and hopefully see you again tomorrow," with an affectionate smile on his face he offered her his arm.
~~~~
Farah smiled happy to hear he felt that way about her. She glanced at the stars as she hugged him. It was a nice night. She wished it didn’t have to end. After she commented about going back she smiled hearing his response. She unwrapped her arms Around him. “Thank you, I can’t wait to see you again tomorrow ezra.” She said gently easily saying how she felt taking his arm.
~~~~
"I do hope we'll get to see a lot together.. Maybe I could come by in the morning to fetch you before heading to the main room?" it felt a bit childish to him to want to in a way push his luck just to be around someone he likes. Right now however that didn't matter to him as he started to guide them back to the rooms that were occupied by everyone here. He wasn't sure exactly what room she was in, but he was sure she'd tell him if he was going way off course. He also was walking rather slowly than he was before. He couldn't help that, most of him wanted to try and drag this out. Who wouldn't for such a lovely night?
~~~~
“Yeah, thats sounds like a good idea. Who knows what the lady of the house as planned.” She said as she was guided back into the Harcourt mansion into the halls. She noticed him walk slowly, she didn’t say anything since it made her feel like Ezra really cared for her wanted to spend the outmost time he could with her as possible before they were to be married.
She noticed her room on the right side of the hall. Seemed they were the last one to get to their rooms just about. She pointed to her door and gently let go of his arm. “My night was wonderful. You were so caring to listen to my struggles. I love that about you Ezra. I think we are a great match. Can’t wait for you to give me some dance lessons.” She said playfully before she leaned and kissed his cheek. “Good night Ezra. Sleep well, i will see you tomorrow morning.” She said leaning back opening her door.
~~~~
If only the walk hadn't been so short. It wasn't, but there simple didn't seem to be enough time for the two. At least to him there wasn't. He made sure to remember where her door was so he could get her in the morning. He couldn't believe they felt just as amazed about the night as he had even if it wasn't as long as he may have wanted it. "My night was also wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better match. I would be nothing more than delighted to teach you to dance as best I can," he smiled as she was seemingly playful to him before he felt her kiss his cheek. He didn't register her talking a bit before his mind caught back up "Good night, Farah. I hope you also sleep well and I'll certain be over tomorrow morning," he wanted to return the kiss. His brain trying to work himself up before he leaned close and planted his own kiss on her cheek.
~~~~
She smiled hearing his reply as sighed gently. “I can’t wait til that day comes.” She said softly after she had kissed his cheek. She heard him bid her good night and returned her kiss. She blushed a bit smiling softly. She stood at the entrance of the door as he handed leaned in and kissed her cheek. For once she didn’t want someone to leave her but he had too for the night. It was the rules before marriage and she didn’t want to be chewed out. She gave him a quick hug before she turned her blue eyes looking to him before she waved bidding her second and last fairwell.

That night Ezra slept soundly. He'd say it was because his betrothed told him to if asked. Once up he had been trying to make sure everything was perfect. Washing and making sure each hair was in place, that there was no wrinkles in his clothing, and constant going back to double, triple check. He found the note on his bedside the day before and he was even more delighted about today. He could show his friend his betrothed and get caught up while spending time with her. She could meet his friend that he's been talking to her about. It was as if everything was going perfectly for him. He needed to make sure he was at Farahs door so they could go down together. Wait, was that the actual time? He couldn't believe he spent so much time just trying to make sure everything was right, was she waiting for him this whole time?

He needed to make sure he got there before she left simply because he was so concerned about everything being perfect. With the time in mind he quickly checked himself over once before he left his room. Walking at a rather fast pace to his betroths door before making sure to straighten his suit as he stood right outside of it. He breathed out before knocking on her door and waiting, hoping that he didn't take so much time that she had already left. He would be sure to apologize to her about this.
Farah had a warm bath that morning after she got up as she had only slept in a tad bit. After that, she had been doing her hair braiding her blonde hair into a crown look. Basically, it was a braided bun, it definity made it so her blue eyes stand out. She then did her makeup and then put on a blue dress that laced up in the front. She found a letter on her vanity and picked it up seeing what she would be doing with Ezra and another couple. She was excited she clutched it close. She did spend her time looking nice for Ezra. She definitely had gotten enough time to get ready. It was almost what would be brunch which was in between morning and lunchtime with was 10 am.

She soon heard the knock on the door and she set the letter down and walked over opening the door. "Ezra, so lovely to see you. You look so handsome." She said with a smile and sighed gently. "I got a letter that we will be going on a double date. Did you get one as well?" She asked as she stepped out of the room shutting the door behind her giving him an affectionate hug. She definitely was not nagging him for being late or anything. She was spending all her extra time looking nice. She outdid herself, She hoped none of the other betrothed men stare at her.

When the door opened the sight took his breath away. He didn't think she could get much more beautiful than she already was, but she was proving him wrong. He figured she would each day he saw her. He couldn't help but smile in her presence. "It is a pleasure to see you, you look gorgeous as always I must say. I feel the others will be jealous that I am such a lucky man to have been paired with you," the compliment to him made him try to straighten his back more. "I got the same letter, funnily enough it is with the friend I was telling you about. I can't wait for you to meet him, it wouldn't do to have a friend not meet the one that I am to be married to," he watched as she stepped out of her room before shutting the door. When she hugged him he made sure to hug her back without being too hard. Closing his eyes as this happened, happy for the fact that he really did not want this to be with anyone else. A small part wished that they could stay here and not head down, but that'd be rather selfish of him.

Thinking back to the note, he also shouldn't make his friend and their betrothed wait. He wondered if each day they'd be double dating with everyone? "Though I must apologize for being late. I was a bit nervous and wanted to try and make sure everything was perfect for you," he looked away as he said this, hoping that the fact he was so late wouldn't be too bad. He wanted to make sure to make it up to her, after all she did nothing but continue as if he wasn't late and was nothing but amazing to him. "Though I suppose we should make our grand entrance in the main hall to get food. I wouldn't want to make that with anyone but you," he looked back to her, his shinning star.

When the door opened the sight took his breath away. He didn't think she could get much more beautiful than she already was, but she was proving him wrong. He figured she would each day he saw her. He couldn't help but smile in her presence. "It is a pleasure to see you, you look gorgeous as always I must say. I feel the others will be jealous that I am such a lucky man to have been paired with you," the compliment to him made him try to straighten his back more. "I got the same letter, funnily enough it is with the friend I was telling you about. I can't wait for you to meet him, it wouldn't do to have a friend not meet the one that I am to be married to," he watched as she stepped out of her room before shutting the door. When she hugged him he made sure to hug her back without being too hard. Closing his eyes as this happened, happy for the fact that he really did not want this to be with anyone else. A small part wished that they could stay here and not head down, but that'd be rather selfish of him.

Thinking back to the note, he also shouldn't make his friend and their betrothed wait. He wondered if each day they'd be double dating with everyone? "Though I must apologize for being late. I was a bit nervous and wanted to try and make sure everything was perfect for you," he looked away as he said this, hoping that the fact he was so late wouldn't be too bad. He wanted to make sure to make it up to her, after all she did nothing but continue as if he wasn't late and was nothing but amazing to him. "Though I suppose we should make our grand entrance in the main hall to get food. I wouldn't want to make that with anyone but you," he looked back to her, his shinning star.

She smiled seeing him smile at her. "aw, thanks, Ezra. You always say the sweetest things ever since we met." She then giggled smiling. "Guess, Only good guys such as yourself deserve a beautiful fiance." She said her cheeks turning a bit red blushing. She noticed him straighten his back and respond to the letter question. "Wow! is it the friend told you what kind of flower you were?" She asked as she had stepped closing the door and hugged him and felt him hug back not too hard but compassionate enough. She noticed him close his eyes and she gently kissed his forehead affectionately. She wished the moment could last forever. they seemed to have gotten on a good foot. She seemed to be falling for him even more. He just seemed so perfect.

She knew the moment didn't last forever. She heard him apologize which surprised her. "Aw, Ezra don't be hard on yourself. We did stay up pretty late last night. I am very happy you went out of your way to make things perfect though." She said noticed him look away. She noticed he beat himself up a bit over little things. She didn't mind he wanted things to be perfect but she wanted him happy too. Once she heard him suggest to head to the main hall. She was definitely flattered with his words, he wanted only her to be there when they entered. She smiled flustered and moved her arms from around him to his left arm. "I wouldn't anyone but you either let's go then." She said gently.

In the plains where the Rhodes grass outgrew ages of man, where the acacia trees branched out providing an awning to carnivores and herbivores analogously, there was a gospel truth that was not in the slightest, apparent to the naked eye. Observations penned the fight of mighty lions at the waterhole or the locked heads of wildebeests, but almost all forgot the hissing, belligerent name of tune of the badger.

“I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced,” said he, “I should warn you though, I don’t make it a habit to associate with snakes.”

In the breadth of a foot away from him, Thaddeus distinguished the cinereal peppered in the residue of brown, an emblem of valor forged under the firth of fire. He was a paragon of ethics, a man who could not quit cold. There was a grated policy in the phase in which he approached him. Boarding a long look, Thaddeus inspected his anger; there was a kinetic energy enlivened in his fists. Ghoulishly, he broke into a macabre exhibition of a laugh, a step closer to a distant grave.

“A snake…” He repeated, the word departing his tongue, hearing it aloud from his own sleekly loud pronunciation.

“But aren’t we all animals?” rejoined Thaddeus with handsomely flash of teeth in a penetrating sneer of a grin, “We are all blood-stained in the flim-flam, sham and cheats entombed right here.” He gathered a fist that thudded lightly against his chest.

“Albeit, for my own amusement, I’ll forget that piece of consciousness,” Thaddeus lengthened, feeling his own cards of a duel hot and bothered, “If I’m a snake, what does that make you? If I remember correctly, your stunning betrothed was evasing your presence, not mine.”

Thaddeus half-glanced at the woman, whom was askance to the side with her eyes seemingly bouncing forth and back to her betrothed, judicious to not be caught with his.

“Do me a favor,” he said, inching closer to the man, “Follow your own words. Don’t make it a habit to associate me or my business with anyone like my own intended. Like snakes, I do have a venomous bite.”

Last edited:
Josie gave chase after Eliza, laughing at the flushing maid and giving her a playful grin. That was quite a smooth catch, she had to admit, which only made her see her betrothed as more of a rival for play than causing any sparks of jealousy. Could Josie even feel jealous? That would require her to actually have a deeper interest in someone else's affection either for territorial reasons or out of a genuine want for it. She felt as much obligation toward loyalty to Eliza as a cat, so it would have been absolutely hypocritical of her to even consider receiving that from Eliza. They were both predatory creatures, playful and wild. This could mean that they could at least have an amicable marriage where they were friends and little more. Of course, that could also change with strife rearing its head if one or either of them changed their opinion of the union. Josie didn't put too much worry into it, though. Why worry about the inevitable when she could live in the moment, basking in all of the fun to be had?

She heard the sound of voices up ahead, and she turned her attention as she tilted her head to the side. Sounded like everyone was gathering in the dining hall before they were going on their way to their various events. Well! She couldn't miss this opportunity to make the acquaintance of all the young people that she didn't get to meet the night before! A woman who lived for the amusement that other people's reactions brought, it was like catnip to a feline for everyone to be gathering in such a small space at once! She flashed a grin toward her betrothed, and she pivoted to gracefully halt her own gait. "I hear the sounds of voices I don't recognize. It would be a shame upon my family name to not be a gracious guest and make an introduction...and I'm sure that you would love the chance to revel in some mischief as well, Eliza."

Her sharp green gaze shifted toward the hall as a lovely couple, clearly deliriously infatuated with one another, were making their way toward the dining hall as well. Oh didn't they just look adorably cozy with one another, the young woman flushed as she walked on the arm of the well groomed young man. Far too comfortable for her liking, the redheaded vixen turned to approach the pair. Now...who would be the easiest mark to toy with, she wondered. Would the young man get flustered if she praised him, his betrothed react with jealousy or shock at her audacity? Or would it be better to turn her attention to the beautiful young woman, watch the young man puff up in indignation? Both were delicious possibilities, but she decided to turn her sights on the young man. After all, if she had learned anything about her companion...Eliza might have fun getting a rise out of the young woman. Who was she to deny someone else a little fun as well?

"It seems I was most derelict in my duties as a guest last night, having been remiss in having made the acquaintance of the most dashing man of the gala," she laughed brightly with a flash of white teeth and a curl of petal pink lips. The games had begun much earlier than she had expected! Perhaps this week was going to be thrilling after all!

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , Cosmos Cosmos , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Josie gave chase after Eliza, laughing at the flushing maid and giving her a playful grin. That was quite a smooth catch, she had to admit, which only made her see her betrothed as more of a rival for play than causing any sparks of jealousy. Could Josie even feel jealous? That would require her to actually have a deeper interest in someone else's affection either for territorial reasons or out of a genuine want for it. She felt as much obligation toward loyalty to Eliza as a cat, so it would have been absolutely hypocritical of her to even consider receiving that from Eliza. They were both predatory creatures, playful and wild. This could mean that they could at least have an amicable marriage where they were friends and little more. Of course, that could also change with strife rearing its head if one or either of them changed their opinion of the union. Josie didn't put too much worry into it, though. Why worry about the inevitable when she could live in the moment, basking in all of the fun to be had?

She heard the sound of voices up ahead, and she turned her attention as she tilted her head to the side. Sounded like everyone was gathering in the dining hall before they were going on their way to their various events. Well! She couldn't miss this opportunity to make the acquaintance of all the young people that she didn't get to meet the night before! A woman who lived for the amusement that other people's reactions brought, it was like catnip to a feline for everyone to be gathering in such a small space at once! She flashed a grin toward her betrothed, and she pivoted to gracefully halt her own gait. "I hear the sounds of voices I don't recognize. It would be a shame upon my family name to not be a gracious guest and make an introduction...and I'm sure that you would love the chance to revel in some mischief as well, Eliza."

Her sharp green gaze shifted toward the hall as a lovely couple, clearly deliriously infatuated with one another, were making their way toward the dining hall as well. Oh didn't they just look adorably cozy with one another, the young woman flushed as she walked on the arm of the well groomed young man. Far too comfortable for her liking, the redheaded vixen turned to approach the pair. Now...who would be the easiest mark to toy with, she wondered. Would the young man get flustered if she praised him, his betrothed react with jealousy or shock at her audacity? Or would it be better to turn her attention to the beautiful young woman, watch the young man puff up in indignation? Both were delicious possibilities, but she decided to turn her sights on the young man. After all, if she had learned anything about her companion...Eliza might have fun getting a rise out of the young woman. Who was she to deny someone else a little fun as well?

"It seems I was most derelict in my duties as a guest last night, having been remiss in having made the acquaintance of the most dashing man of the gala," she laughed brightly with a flash of white teeth and a curl of petal pink lips. The games had begun much earlier than she had expected! Perhaps this week was going to be thrilling after all!

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 , Cosmos Cosmos , NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Farah had stopped to see a woman walk over. She was confused at first what the woman wanted until she noticed her start flirting with Ezra. Her face turned red angered and embarrassed this woman would flirt with her betrothed in public. Who did this woman think she was hitting on Ezra in such a way with her in the room as well. It was so disrespectful to Farah. It seemed she had made an enemy today. She didn't want to make a bad impression in front of Ezra since she didn't know how he would react to this undignified act in the hallway. She narrowed her eyes slightly. "I would 'so' dislike cutting this conversation short, but my dear Ezra and I are going to have breakfast, so we aren't late for our outing. Your conversation with him will have to wait, sweetheart. It was kind of you to say my love is the most dashing at the gala, I am so lucky to have him in my life right now." She said giving a smile as if tempting for her to try again and see what happens. Farah had done some form of reverse psychology, which would make Josie look like a total idiot for attempting to flirt in front of her. She was quick with comebacks and she wasn't afraid to protect herself and her feelings when it came to someone trying to steal Ezra from her being selfconcious about losing him since he seemed so perfect.

"It is the very same friend, the first one I met while here," he confirmed her question to his friend and was delighted that she even remembered it. Sure it happened recently and while he tried his best to remember things to show he cares, he also finds when people remember things about himself to be what really shows they like him. He adored her, he really did. How could he be so lucky? She wasn't mad at him for his tardiness and she was happy that he took the time to make sure everything was perfect. All he could think of was how lucky he was as they walked. She felt the same as him, and not only that but she enjoyed his company. So much more to add but he'd be here for a long while thinking if he did. He noticed the new company only once she spoke up.

Ezra was not a man of love, in fact while he may have taken to reading about it he was not an expert. He blushed at the compliment, not expecting another woman who was beautiful to come up and compliment him. If he was honest he was not use to getting compliments about his looks from people, and having someone come up to compliment him in such a way at their first meeting no less. Well he was a bit at a loss of words, they were truly sweet in saying so though. Being a man that is not too well versed, he didn't notice that his betrothed was bothered by this even with how she talked. He didn't want to be rude either, while he loved his betrothed and would not stray, he also was not the smartest in love. "Ah, thank you.. Truly I uhm, it's an honor to receive such a compliment from a gorgeous lady as yourself," he wanted to try and give the same compliment back or at least close to it, though it showed how flustered he was at the fact someone would put so much attention on him at once.

He hoped it was good enough, he didn't want them to feel as if he'd want all the compliments in the world and that everyone else was beneath him. He also didn't want to cut it short after the lady came up to them as to not seem rude. "We are going to breakfast, I may have ah.. Taken too much time to get ready. Although if you had not had anything yet, would you like to join us?" as he said this he looked at his betrothed, a bit worried he may have offered when she simple wanted to eat and not talk to a new person. "Though I must say that it I who is the lucky one. I couldn't have asked for a better betrothed in my life. If anything she is the jewel here instead of I,"

redroseknight redroseknight

"It is the very same friend, the first one I met while here," he confirmed her question to his friend and was delighted that she even remembered it. Sure it happened recently and while he tried his best to remember things to show he cares, he also finds when people remember things about himself to be what really shows they like him. He adored her, he really did. How could he be so lucky? She wasn't mad at him for his tardiness and she was happy that he took the time to make sure everything was perfect. All he could think of was how lucky he was as they walked. She felt the same as him, and not only that but she enjoyed his company. So much more to add but he'd be here for a long while thinking if he did. He noticed the new company only once she spoke up.

Ezra was not a man of love, in fact while he may have taken to reading about it he was not an expert. He blushed at the compliment, not expecting another woman who was beautiful to come up and compliment him. If he was honest he was not use to getting compliments about his looks from people, and having someone come up to compliment him in such a way at their first meeting no less. Well he was a bit at a loss of words, they were truly sweet in saying so though. Being a man that is not too well versed, he didn't notice that his betrothed was bothered by this even with how she talked. He didn't want to be rude either, while he loved his betrothed and would not stray, he also was not the smartest in love. "Ah, thank you.. Truly I uhm, it's an honor to receive such a compliment from a gorgeous lady as yourself," he wanted to try and give the same compliment back or at least close to it, though it showed how flustered he was at the fact someone would put so much attention on him at once.

He hoped it was good enough, he didn't want them to feel as if he'd want all the compliments in the world and that everyone else was beneath him. He also didn't want to cut it short after the lady came up to them as to not seem rude. "We are going to breakfast, I may have ah.. Taken too much time to get ready. Although if you had not had anything yet, would you like to join us?" as he said this he looked at his betrothed, a bit worried he may have offered when she simple wanted to eat and not talk to a new person. "Though I must say that it I who is the lucky one. I couldn't have asked for a better betrothed in my life. If anything she is the jewel here instead of I,"

redroseknight redroseknight
"That's nice Ezra." She said following him close to him. She was having a great time until this redhead decided to flirt with Ezra. She didn't take it too well as she saw Erza blushing after she had made her statement glancing before looking away. Her blue eyes widened when Ezra called this girl Gorgeous, a nice lady would have been fine but GORGEOUS? She pursed her lips in a fine line hurt that he would call other ladies gorgeous. it was not something her betrothed was supposed to do it was one thing to compliment a lady but another to point out someone else's beauty. She was extremely bothered, did he think all the girls here were gorgeous? Were those nice things he said about her totally meaningless about how beautiful she was to him. She became worried about what he would say to other girls when She wasn't around. There was a loss of trust in her heart at the moment she didn't trust others well either so it didn't help.

After he said that he literally went out of his way to let this girl come with them struck her hard. She really didn't trust Josie and was having doubts. She really wanted to get away from Josie and Erza wasn't helping. What did she do wrong everything was going perfect until he was near other girls. Her mental heartfelt strained she was confused and wondered if she was being too gullible. Was it true that she was his everything?

"D-do you really mean it. You would rather have another girl join us with our first breakfast together. Is that what you really want Ezra?" She said a tear running down her cheek. She was hurt by what was happening you didn't know what to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back