• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Halo: Spartans Rising

Terrick

It's been four years since the death of Master Chief, John-117, out of fear of not having a new savior, the Spartan II programs are opened again, though in secret. They knew the risks they were taking, which is why they were relegated to only four squads this time, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. They would hopefully replace John-117 in protecting humans, even if it was from the shadows. The UNSC knew that if this project got out to the public, there would be a lot of media backlash, which is why they remained silent about this. But they hoped that maybe, just maybe, if their new Spartans could perform just as good as John-117, the media backlash would not be as harsh. Though for some of the scientists in the project this was a hard pill to swallow, putting these children through such things, but they knew that all of humanity rested on their shoulders.

The children were selected because of their parents. Most of the children had family members who were in the military, going back to grandfather but nothing more, and they hoped that this could help the children during their hard training. All the while this was going on a new set of Mjolnir Power Armor was being crafted, Mark VIII.

The Mark VIII armor was created to be lighter, faster, and stronger than the older ones, and they succeeded. This armor was better than the last series, with nanomachines that could repair the armor, the amount of time depending on the damage, improved ballistic protection, enhanced targeting computer, and easier to repair and replace the pieces that were too damaged to be repaired by the nanomachines. The overall design of the suits can change depending on the preferences of the user, being made to also be very customize-able to fit the user's needs, their standard look though resembles the Mark VI armor. Those these are still just tools and they hoped that the new Spartans would have the skills to use them well.

What the scientists did not know though was that these new Spartans could not come at a better time, as off in the dark corners of space a new threat was coming to humanity, a dark swarm that was sweeping across planets, erasing what life was on them, turning these planets into large hives and nests, an insect-like race ruled over with a single mind, a single queen, though that is only rumored by the few alien survivors of their attacks. With the first squad ready to go, Alpha squad does not know what troubles truly lie ahead of them.

Hey, thanks for reading all of that if you did. I thought about this idea for a while, wanting to do something with the Halo universe for a while. Been a while since I played the games, so forgive me if I get things wrong. But I am looking for around four others to join in on this roleplay, if you are interested please say so down below.

Name: Hicks-399

Codename/Callsign: Slayer

Personality: A calm and collected man, serious for the most part, a dry sense of humor, a morbid one as well, sarcastic, good to those he likes, short tempered, comes off as rather grim when on the battlefield.

Armor design: A dark green, nearly black, copy of the Orbital armor with minor scratches from past conflicts on it and his helmet's visor looking like a skull much like Emile's.

Weapons: M45D Tactical Shotgun, M6H2 pistol, frag grenades, and a Kukri knife.

Other and personal items: Nothing

Bio: Taken in when he was young, Hudson knows very little about his earlier life minus minor flashes. He knew his father was a soldier, he remembered seeing his dog tags, his medals, and a service pistol when he was younger, but that was about it. From the day he could really remember he was trained to be a killing machine. He read up on older Spartans, mainly Master Chief and Emile, wanting to emulate what they could do in battle. During his training he helped save another recruit from a training accident, but got himself heavily scarred on the right side of his face because of it. It didn't stop him though, he became one of the best killers in the new Spartan II program, though he still had his failings for strategy. It became apparent early on that he was favoring the shotgun and pistol for his main weapons, and chose to design his personal armor for intimidating purposes when on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Name: Garrett Avery Johnson, otherwise known as Johnson-586

Codename/Callsign: Sarge or Phoenix, varies.

Personality: Similar to Avery Johnson, typically energetic and funny, sarcastic.

Armor design: Pathfinder armour, with a Phoenix on one shoulder and the UNSC logo on the other.

Weapons: MA5K Carbine, M6C Personal Defense Weapon System, frag grenades, hatchet.

Other and personal items: Cigars (Always has 2 packs on him.)

Bio: As were all Spartan trainees, He was taken at the age of 6 by the new Spartan program. He trained alongside other children, once having been saved by another Cadet, who he never really knew. He graduated and received his custom armour, Pathfinder, and his weapons and was sent to the firing range. He also had vague memories of his family, seeing Johnson's name on the memorial for those lost in the destruction of one of the Halo rings, he was also there to hear the news of John-117's death. This didn't affect him much though, as he was used to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked the morally grey area of the Spartan II's and the power they held on the battlefield. Plus, after Master Chief's death, I would assume something like this would happen in the hopes of making a second one to protect humanity, or maybe a whole team if they are lucky.

Yeah, if you read my character sheet I actually had Emile influence my character's actions along with Master Chief.

I'll say this, the nanomachines repair, but for some things it can leave a kind of scar on the armor, how does that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back