• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Resistance Quest: The Search For Sonic (Sonic RP)

Character Sheets: Fandom - Resistance Quest: The Search For Sonic (Character Sheets)
OOC: Fandom - Resistance Quest: The Search For Sonic (OOC)

Greetings and salutations, fellow Sonic fans! It is your resident question asker, AlexneushoornTheGreat, attempting to bring you another group-focused Sonic RP! This time around, the RP is focused around the Resistance from Sonic Forces, specifically, the foot soldiers of the Resistance, the regular Mobians that aren't Sonic and his friends! This RP borrows elements from Minion Quest: The Search For Bowser from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, as the general plot involves the forces of the Resistance, led by Captain Rhino Tiberius Ceros (Who will be played by me) trying to rescue Sonic from the clutches of the Eggman Empire, led by Captain Hippo Strongbear Potamus (Who will also be played by me). I'll explain the rules for this RP down here:

1. You can be any Mobian species you like, and if there isn't an officially established species of Mobian, feel free to create a member of said species for this RP.
2. You can choose to either work for the Resistance or the Eggman Empire, but you can choose to defect to the opposing side if you so wish to. Do keep in mind that once your character has defected, there's no turning back.
3. Your character can use any type of laser, energy or plasma based weaponry, including Wispons, guns, swords, anything power by lasers, energy or plasma. Do try to give your character a balanced weapon to prevent them from becoming too overpowered.
4. I think it's needless to say, but godmodding, power-playing and metagaming is strictly forbidden in this RP. It ruins the fun for everybody.
5. Try to make a balanced OC and give them flaws. No one likes RPing with or against a Mary-Sue/Gary Stu.
6. Your character will start out as a private, but if they show exceptional effort in their fight against either side, they will be promoted to corporal, sergeant, and so on. If your character has shown truly remarkable effort in their fight, they will be promoted to captain. Keep in mind that there can only be three captains per side alongside the captains played by myself.
7. If there's anything you don't understand, just ask me and I'll try to help wherever I can.
8. Have fun!

So yeah, that's basically it! Hope I will be able to drum up enough interest in this RP to get it going! :D

Last edited:
Well, this certainly has my attention. Consider me interested. Should I post a profile here, or wait for a thread for that sort of thing?

Hmm, this actually seems rather interesting, although, if one were to go with the Eggman Empire, could they choose to go with something akin to a sentient robot? Just a question, but I’m fine with joining either way if it’s just with Mobians

Hmm, this actually seems rather interesting, although, if one were to go with the Eggman Empire, could they choose to go with something akin to a sentient robot? Just a question, but I’m fine with joining either way if it’s just with Mobians
To be fair, in the comics, both the recent Archie Comics and the IDW series, Eggman's had Mobians work for him in exchange for retaining their safety/free will, or in Dr. Starline's case, to work under him as an apprentice, and Rough and Tumble out of their shared hatred of Sonic. So, it's certainly not -too- out there.

To be fair, in the comics, both the recent Archie Comics and the IDW series, Eggman's had Mobians work for him in exchange for retaining their safety/free will, or in Dr. Starline's case, to work under him as an apprentice, and Rough and Tumble out of their shared hatred of Sonic. So, it's certainly not -too- out there.
True, true, although I was mostly asking for the robot part mainly in regards to seeing if there were options instead of just playing only as Mobians. Plus, I do find things such as robots a tad bit cooler and what not. But like I said, I’m perfectly fine whether or not it’s allowed

True, true, although I was mostly asking for the robot part mainly in regards to seeing if there were options instead of just playing only as Mobians. Plus, I do find things such as robots a tad bit cooler and what not. But like I said, I’m perfectly fine whether or not it’s allowed
Ahhhhh. I getcha. I'm pretty sure it'd be interesting to play a badnik reprogrammed or "defective" to help the resistance, if that's what you mean. To draw an example from the same source, you have Belle the Tinkerer (even if she was technically built by Eggman's amnesiac alter ego), or as a more canon example, E-123 Omega and E-101 Gamma. Or were you going for a robot nemesis to the party, or perhaps one built by the resistance for the resistance?

Ahhhhh. I getcha. I'm pretty sure it'd be interesting to play a badnik reprogrammed or "defective" to help the resistance, if that's what you mean. To draw an example from the same source, you have Belle the Tinkerer (even if she was technically built by Eggman's amnesiac alter ego), or as a more canon example, E-123 Omega and E-101 Gamma. Or were you going for a robot nemesis to the party, or perhaps one built by the resistance for the resistance?
Well, I’m still deciding on either route to go, although I do have an idea for an sort of older model/style of robot that was originally discontinued and left in a storage facility, but one managed to activate after a small malfunction within their internal code and making them actually be capable of sentient thought. Mainly they would be a sort of sniper / long range attacker sort of individual or one that simply uses a lot of guns.

Yeah, of course. If you want to join the RP with a robot character, that's allowed too.

The character sheets thread is now up! Get ready to start making your character sheets!
Cool cool, will there also be an OOC posted soon? I’d like to discuss a few things regarding potential ideas for my character and wouldn’t want to clog up the interest check 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back