• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hakken Academy: Martial Arts School

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Japan 2021
July 3rd

View attachment 847414

Hakken Academy
Hakken Academy is a martial arts combat school in Japan one of the six main combat schools in Japan.

Hakken Academy was formed in 1980 by a martial arts master who wanted to

Hakken does include some normal courses and extracurricular activities and clubs however everyone at Hakken is given points based on their performance.
In addition, Hakken commonly holds contests and events meant to gauge their student's martial arts capabilities. Students who place well during these events get a significant boost to their points.
These points can cashed out for allowances and other privileges.
As a result, students within Hakken have resorted to forming gangs or groups to rig their chances at these competitions. These gangs often tend to clash heads and fight eachother and the school allows it's students to challenge eachother to contests or fights.

Students will recieve dorms after arriving at Hakken. They will participate in normal school life in addition to training and events. So drama, friendship, romance and conflict will ensue.
The school features different clubs.

Points System
Students can receive points for getting grades during courses, participation in clubs, performance in special events and contests and points can bid between students during a challenge against eachother.

Points can be cashed out for a limited amount of Yen or to buy items from the school store.
Points can also be used for privileges such as extracurricular time, attending special celebrations or parties, or funding clubs and more.

Students
Perhaps you knew about the supernatural world your entire life or maybe you didn't.
You're attending Hakken as a first year student, you're honing your martial arts for whatever reason.

Martial Arts are the manipulation of the Mind, Body and Spirit. Techniques have been passed down for thousands of years and the origins of one's powers varies. Perhaps your powers reside in a special item you carry around or a demon inside of you, or you possess inherent powers.
Humans have learned to master themselves in every way. Many families, corporations and clans have tried their best to make sure their descendants are more powerful than the previous generation.

Rules:

This will have slice of life elements in addition to the action to break up the monotony. It will be a sandbox RP so you'll be able to venture in the city and do whatever afterschool.
You'll only have one unique power that will define your martial arts theme, so someone who has water powers will have that reflect in their martial arts.
Nobody is going to be having a ton of points at all time, and points are effectively a "survival" currency so expect to be constantly fighting to maintain your points.
I don't anything brokenly OP as far as powers go.​

Last edited:
this looks really interesting! I'd love to join! my only problem is; I only join roleplays that have ooc discord servers, please tell me we'll have one of those! this roleplay looks so fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back