• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ ✶

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno mood; friendly, casual, intrigued outfit; x x

Her lips rested in a faint smile as he looked at her, and she couldn't help but wonder what he saw. Evan knew what she saw when she looked in the mirror, but, that didn't tell her how others saw her, and she couldn't help but be curious. He sighed and again sat back in the seat, and their conversation was drawn to the rat that was- rather amusingly- attempting to claw its way onto her seat.

"I'm glad to know," she replied to his saying that the rat liked her.

Evan bent down slightly and held a hand underneath the rat, helping him up to be next to her and smiled down at him curiously. Any pets she'd ever had or been around had always been friendly enough- all besides one of her brother's cats that had been a bit of a pain towards everyone. Petting him lightly right about at the base of his neck with her forefinger, she was curious as to how the rat would take it. Animals were like people after all, they all had different opinions of what humans did in relation to them.

code by cychotic

b.jpg

SidneySidney grinned as she smiled at him, watching her pick up Fig and pet him. The rat gave a delighted noise and lounges against her, his whiskers twitching contendedly. Seeing his pet so relaxed calmed Sidney down a lot of the time. Moving forward to touch Fig's sweet spot he whispered to Evan like it was a secret.

"If you really want him to love you, he absolutely loves his chest being rubbed," Sidney reached forward to touch the space between Fig's front legs and wiggle his finger. The oversized rats reaction was almost instant. The furry creature seemed to melt, laying out on his side and chittering happily as he twitches his whiskers along Sidney's and Evan's hands. Sidney smiled and returned to his seat, letting Evan enjoy his pet. It wasn't every day someone enjoyed Fig as much as he did. Sidney didn't know whether he should be glad or slightly jealous. Seeing his rat so comfortable with other people made him a little uncertain but then again, the rat always came back to the dark haired, lost boy.

Watching Evan with a curious expression Sidney finally spoke again. He wanted to continue to talk with her. But he was also a poor conversationalist, when he wasn't sure of something entirely.

"Where are you from?" He blurted out. His hair falling against his forehead as he surveyed her with a wondering expression. His head was slightly tilted back and he was lounging on his side of the cabin again. Sidney was actually tempted to turn and stretch out on the entire seat, it was seeming rather comfortable. Besides, it was a long trip, he could afford the comfort.

| amxlia amxlia | Mood: Relaxed, Curious, Friendly

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno mood; content, casual, curious outfit; x x

Evan laughed warmly at the rat's reaction to his "sweet spot" and the slight tickle of his whiskers against her palm. Setting him down in her lap, she ran a finger along the rat's chest absentmindedly and looked back up at the boy before her as he asked more about her.

"Where I'm from... well, that depends on if you want the long or short story," she started with a light smile," I was born in America, in Illinois, I think my mother said. I don't remember much of it, my family moved to somewhere a bit outside of Manchester when I was 4. Charles and Gabriel remember a lot more, and my other brothers remember a bit, but, they weren't much older than I was. What about you?"

Evan was genuinely intrigued, and she imagined he was about her being from America. She had figured out by now that it was a rather rare thing it seemed for someone to move to America and attend Hogwarts.

code by cychotic

b.jpg

Milena Avery

tumblr_o9llhehe7B1ruw9nfo1_500.gif

"Hello Milena! Been a while since I've seen you. How have you been?"

Milena had just finished sorting out her luggage when she heard the familiar voice. She whipped around at the question. "Brynn!" she exclaimed, rushing to her friend's side. Though Brynn was a half blood, her mother's societal standing in the wizarding world made her one of the few "playmates" Milena had growing up. Her father disliked Brynn's blood status and father, but overlooked it to soothe Milena's loneliness.

Milena wrapped her arms around Brynn and gripped her tightly. "It's been ages! I've been fantastic. Father bought me a cat!" Milena gestured to the small tote bag she had hanging off her right shoulder. It rustled slightly. "How have you been?" The girl paused to wait for her friend's response, but they were interrupted by the train's sharp whistle. "Come on, let's get on before they leave without us. Father would be so mad if we missed it." Milena grabbed Brynn's hand firmly and dragged her onto the Express. It seemed Milena was always dragging Brynn places - she wasn't the best at listening to others.

The two girls seemed to walk through an endless amount of carriages before finding an empty compartment. "Mother says we should be careful about who we sit near," she explained to Brynn as she lead her friend to their newfound seats. Behind her, she left the door slightly ajar.

Milena plopped onto the seat across from Brynn and smiled. "Made it. Now tell me again, how are you?"

location: one of the many compartments | mood: excited, friendly | interactions: Armorath Armorath

SidneySidney smiled at Fig as the rodent looked up at him with contentment. Then he turned his attention back to Evan, amused by her light laugh. When she answered his inquiry he listened intently. His face scrunched into a surprised expression when she mentioned America. He hadn't ever heard of something like that. Of course, there were magical people all over the world so it wasn't necessarily a shock per se. But the fact that they had moved here and to Hogwarts from America was slightly curious.

"I was born in London. We moved to Cornwall around the time Susanna was born. I was probably four or five. I only really remember the city itself." The boy explained with a tasteless voice, not betraying any emotion. Mostly because he didn't really have any, there was no sadness in having left a place he barely knew. He liked it where they were now and he loved Hogwarts. He had no reason to really feel anything but indifferent towards his early life history.

"America though..." Sidney trailed off not sure where he would've gone with the sentence. He had never really thought of the other countries outside of Europe. There hadn't ever been a need to. America seemed extremely far off and mysterious. Looking at Evan with an intrigued and impressed look Sidney gave light sigh, almost a whistle. "What do you remember? Anything?"

| amxlia amxlia | Mood: Interested, Curious, Friendly

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno mood; content, casual, curious outfit; x x

She nodded along as he spoke, noticing his story wasn't terribly different from hers in the fact that they both were born in a place, yet, didn't stay for much of their lives at all.

"Not much, I wasn't very old when we moved, but," she began, squinting slightly as she thought," I do remember it being... big. Whenever you would drive to another state it would take hours, where going to another country takes the same time or less here. And I do remember liking Colorado, the time i visited. Their mountains are almost as big as the Alps, but when you're looking up at them, they feel like the Himalayas."

Evan smiled lightly at the memory before blinking a time or two and focusing back on the present.

code by cychotic

tumblr_obcxbt4UiE1sut0fso1_500.jpg

full
full
Patrick and Poppy McMills
The pair was glad to hear that the others were new as well, especially Patrick. He had a feeling the circumstances of discovering they were wizards wouldn't be looked on very respectfully amongst some. People were mean sometimes, and Poppy generally seemed to forget that. Patrick tried his best to steer her away from situations where she might get hurt, but he wasn't great at gauging others either. However, he had a feeling that Alice and Tyrus were good people.

Poppy smiled again as she seated herself beside Alice, and Patrick next to Tyrus. She seemed to have found her voice again. "Ooooh, wow, Tyrus. I've never heard anything like that. It sounds...mysterious..." Poppy carried on, but paused momentarily when she noticed his nervousness. She was unaware that her and her brother could be the cause. "Patrick was really nervous too! Weren't you, Patty? He says I don't get nervous enough though, and that I should be since we have no idea what we're getting into," she shrugged while Patrick cringed at her use of his childhood nickname, "But I say if you just think of it like an adventure, there's no point in being nervous! Patty is much more excited now that we're actually on the adventure, aren't you Patty?" She ran hand along the edge of the table, then the fabric of the seat. Her eyes flitted rapidly around the compartment as she took in every tiny detail.

Patrick looked to each of his new acquaintances, wondering what they might think of his sister's exuberance. In the right circumstances, he could be almost identical to her. For now though, he thought it best to keep it in check. He had always admired her for being herself so unapologetically. Patrick laughed. "Our da, he didn't spend much time at Hogwarts...we weren't sure what to expect..." George hadn't really elaborated on what being a squib was, but Patrick assumed it wasn't good. "And our mum, she's a--what's the word? She's just a regular woman."

"A muggle!" Poppy filled in for him. From what little information George had actually passed on, Poppy had retained every little detail of it. She had a knack for remembering things, which would probably suit her well at Hogwarts.

location: seated on the Express Mood: Elated and friendly With: Alice and Tyrus The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

the hogwarts express
HogwartsExpress_PM_HogwartsExpressGoingThroughCountryside_Moment.jpg

The Journey Begins
The Hogwarts Express
After getting your luggage sorted, you anxiously board the Hogwarts Express. Walking down the corridors, you note that most compartments are filled to the brim with students just like you. Having made your way towards the back of the train, you find a cozy compartment and introduce yourself to what you hope will be some new friends. A few polite greetings are offered, followed by an increasingly animated discussion on what Hogwarts life will truly be like. The four of you chatter over the train's progressively louder hissing. The boy beside you didn't know there would be real ghosts at the castle, much less a bonafide poltergeist. Peeves, the girl across from you called him. The name sounded familiar, as if someone had warned you about him already.

Your lively conversation is suddenly interrupted by a sharp toot of the Express' whistle. The train jolts to a slow start, excitement is readily apparent on all of your faces. One of the boys sitting with you opens the compartment's window to stick his head out and wave goodbye at his passing family. They, along with the rest of the platform, slowly fade from sight. The pace of the train's chugging grows faster and faster as the Express picks up speed, making true its name.

You're off.

giphy.gif
It is currently 11 AM on September 1st, 1989. The Hogwarts Express has just set off. Your characters are either in or heading to a compartment to dwell in for the rest journey to Hogwarts. Compartments can only sit 4 people (6, if you're all willing to squish or are small), so please do not overcrowd or the trolley lady will bare her claws at you. I will personally RP the trolley lady and have her visit each compartment as we go, if any of your characters are interested in purchasing a snack or two. I will also RP either my characters or random canon ones to fill spots of compartments that don't happen to be full yet, so don't worry if you don't feel like your compartment has enough interaction going on in it - just get seated! There is a listing of who is in what compartment, found in The Great Hall.

Last edited:
da0ebf34721aa455b0237572989876f4.png

Everything happened so quickly in such a whirlwind, that Brynn wasn't sure how to respond, but she was sure that she wasn't responding correctly. She kept a dazed response as Milena rushed over to give her a hug, unable to even move her arms from her sides before Milena released her hug, only to pull Brynn along. It was only at that point that Brynn's look of surprise was finally replaced with a wide grin. It was all just like old times, and Brynn was incredibly happy that they still got along as well.

She was also a little concerted that she wasn't quite sure of what Milena had been saying before they entered the train. Did she say something about a cat? She also vaguely heard Milena mentioning something about being careful of where they sit, but Brynn didn't mind and kind of liked having the empty room in the compartment. However at the end, even if she had wanted to respond to Milena's comments, she couldn't as Milena asked her one final question:

"Now tell me again, how are you?"

Brynn paused for a moment, trying to organize her thoughts and put together a coherent answer, when she said, "I've been quite well. I still can't believe we're actually going to Hogwarts! It's all been so unbelievable -- almost like it's out of a dream! I can't wait to get sorted into my house, and learn some actual spells, and ... and learn everything!"

She probably would have gone on more about all the sorts of adventures she expected to get into, when the train blew one final whistle and lurched forward. She looked out the window and saw the train platform slowly but surely fade from view, instead being replaced by a nature scene.

"Incredible," she whispered, before turning back to Milena. She noticed the slight rustling of Milena's bag, which reminded her of Milena's previous comments.

"Well anyways, you mentioned that you've got a cat? That's amazing! I asked my parents if I could bring along a pet, but my mum said she didn't trust me to take care of one, and of course dad agreed with her," she said scrunching up her face."What's its name?"

[Mention: avira avira ]

Last edited:
"Oh god oh god!" Will exclaimed, "I'm going to be late!" Will sprinted through the train station and picked a random piller to run through. If he was wrong he would have most certantly missed the train. That was 2 minutes ago and now Will was on the train huffing and puffing as he sat down with a smile on his face. He looked around with confusion, he saw so many animals and so many people. With a smile he took Terry's cage out of his bag and said "Well, looks like we got lucky there. Huh Terry." Terry let out a reliveved "squeak", right as a kid with a barn owl sat down next to him.
@ZAuger

GabrielGabe was, for the record, running a bit late, the reason being that he'd somehow lost his cat, Sekhmet. He'd spent all morning running halfway across the station, crawling on hard concrete floor, checking spaces under benches and trolleys, between walls and pillars, looking for that orange demon of a cat. It didn't help that now, as he rushed into Platform 9 & 3/4 to find his brother, that he felt like he might've split his head open. That tended to happen when you didn't pay attention to where you were running, and instead having your skull become acquainted with Platform 9 & 1/2. When the scarlet red Hogwarts Express came into view, Gabe took a moment to touch the tender spot at the top of his head. No blood, but it still carried a wicked sting, which reminded him that brick walls were certainly not made from pillows. He'd have to invent a spell for that, or . . . or something along those lines.

A spell that could turn bricks into pillows. Yes.

"Gabe!" Jess called. His older brother had materialized from behind a column with his trolley. "There you are! We've been looking for you for half an hour. Did you find her yet?" It hadn't really occurred to him how much of a racket he was making by running in like that, panting like an idiot.
"No." Gabe whispered, suddenly becoming very interested at the sight of his own feet. Did Sekhmet really want to return? That dinky little cage wasn't the loveliest place for a lady cat, after all. Perhaps she was looking for a mate.
"You're killing me, Gabriel." His older brother sighed, exasperated. "Listen, just worry about getting on the train. I'll ask around for your cat, alright? He probably hasn't gone too far."
Gabe nodded. With that, Jess left him with a playful smack in the head and a "Good luck".

Gabe clambered onto one of the carriages, seeking an empty compartment. By this point most of them had been filled, though he managed to spot out one with an empty spot available. Compartment 3 had three occupants, all of whom looked to be first years, like him. To be frank, Gabe hadn't really spoken with other kids his age back home, but he figured now as as good a time as any to start. Tentatively, he invited himself in, pulling his hand away from the sizable bruise on his head. "Umm . . ." he started. "You lot wouldn't have happened to see a cat around here, have you?"

Yarrow Yarrow wdinatx wdinatx

Last edited:
"What? Oh, yeah, yeah," She nodded at this girl and then looked around, finding an empty compartment and ducking into it. She plunked down on the seat and leaned back. "Houses? They split the student base into groups? That's.... interesting, I guess." She looked up at the window, looking at all the parents staring at the train and waving, wondering if this girl- Lucinda- if her parents were out there right now.

"Anyway," She looked back at Lucinda and pat the seat in front of her. "A field trip isn't a trip to a field, it's where the teachers take the students to some special place to further a lesson. Like, a history teacher will take his class to a museum to learn about like Victorian era England." She blinked, then looked at Lucinda and said, "You probably don't know what a museum is, do you? ... I'm going to have to learn to explain a lot of the things I say, won't I?"

She glanced out the window again and sighed as the entire train suddenly jerked forward, taking off from the station. Parents outside waved at their kids as the train moved, younger siblings running alongside the train to the end of the station, shouting well wishes and good luck. She blinked as she listened to the sound of it through the window, then looked at Lucinda and said, "But, I guess I'll have to have someone explain things to me, too. But hey, I'll be happy to answer any questions about the uhh... non-magic world if you answer mine about the magic world. That seems like a good idea, right?" She rubbed the back of her head and smiled awkwardly, her freckles popping some.

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

Siara Venus Kane

'Darn it.' The ebony haired 11 year-old ran through the crowds, pushing the baggage in front of her. It was a wonder on how it didn't fall. She felt her legs growing tired. However, she pushed through the mass of people, a group of people tailing behind her. "Faster!" A lady behind her shouted. Nodding her head, the noirette moved her legs faster until she arrived in front of a certain wall. She took a few steps backwards. Adrenaline and excitement ran through her veins each step she took. 'This is it. Get ready; She took a deep breath before running towards the wall. Defying the laws of physics, she entered a busy place. The Hogwarts express train was whistling for last call. Her family appeared behind her a few minutes later. The noirette turned around and quickly pecked her parents' cheeks. "Bye Dad, Mom. Love you guys. See you! I'll write."
C62KEcfWwAEvjy0.jpg
The words flew out her mouth quickly, as in doing so would leave her family in a small daze giving her enough time to disappear through the large numbers of people. She could still feel the adrenaline in her veins as she neared to the entrance of the train. She needn't feel the need of looking around, considering the fact tat she's been here more than a few times already. Completely forgetting the fact that she was almost going to be left behind, another blow of the train brought her back from her train of thought. She muttered a few curses under her breath before fastening her pace towards the train. Along the way, she accidentally bumped onto someone (@??).

Siara Venus Kane, had finally made it to the train. She gasped as she entered the magnificent locomotive. The velvet flooring, the classy feel, everything about it was so elegant and perfect. The ravenette took slow steps, taking in every detail of the interior. She pushed her cart slowly, much to the relief of her owl, who nearly got sick from all the running. The train started to move slowly, causing Siara to break from her thoughts as she felt the locomotive move. She started walking swiftly, looking through the compartments. Most of them were full or filled with people that she didn't feel like talking to, partly because she was shy. leaving Siara to muse herself if she would ever find one that was. The ravenette stopped at one with two people as her legs shouted out with fatigue. Siara determined whether she should just stay there. She carefully weighed the pros and cons. 'At this rate, I'll end up out here.' She thought to herself. 'Screw it'

Siara knocked quietly on the compartment. It contained a female and a male, both of which seemed to be conversing with each other. She slid the door, opening just enough for her to insert her neck. "Does this compartment still have room for one more?" She chewed on her lip inwardly, fearing the rejection.

Mood: Nervous
Interactions: amxlia amxlia Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

OOC: Sorry for interrupting ._.'

cca388e13104e1550c8c8f9a8d324b18.jpg

Saeran stared at the brick wall nervously, looking up at his Aunt Asaka for comfort and reassurance. "It'll be alright, Saeran. Just run straight at the wall, you'll pass right through and be on the other side." Asaka reassured, Saeran nodding. "I-I'll see you soon, Aunt Asaka..." Saeran said, biting his lip. "Of course. Study hard, make me and your Uncle proud..." She said, waving. The white and pink haired boy nodded, his cat Snow meowing in his box. He began running, picking the pace up a little and closing his eyes expecting to crash before going through. He stared at the huge red and black train in awe, having never seen anything like it before. He saw the baggage attendent, Snow meowed at him mournfully, wanting to be with Saeran since the two were inseparable normally.
506e75b822eec20121079aacd529ada8.jpg

"Oh, alright..." Saeran said, taking his wand out, his hand shaking slightly.
Co5Hxsh.jpg

Placing his index finger on the little circular charm on his custom wand, he pointed it at the cage, the wand had been painted by his Father to hide the poisonous wood that lay underneath and the core of the wand that was prone to Dark Magic, the Fwooper Feather that worsened Saeran's depression. "A-Alohamora!" Saeran whispered, waving his wand as the door to the small catbox unlocked, Snow jumping out. "Colloportus!" Saeran said, the cage magically re-locking itself. He didn't have the money to buy his books, but the same books were used in South Korea so he inherited all of them from his Father and had been reading them all summer to get a headstart, already knowing a little magic due to private tutelage from his Father in South Korea, but that was mainly focused on Dueling due to the unstable political climate there and he learned some more generalized magic from his Aunt and Uncle. He quickly delivered the luggage and picked up Snow, running into the train before it left. He quickly moved along the carriages, Snow meowing a little as people got a little too close for comfort and dug his claws into Saeran's robes to hold on, he quickly came to a carriage with three other people in it, taking out his wand he knocked on the glass with it. "E-Excuse me? Do you mind if I join you... Everywhere else is full..." The small boy said rather quietly, nervousness in his voice, holding his cat with both arms and his wand in his other hand.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
MochiHaru MochiHaru
SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger

full
full
Patrick and Poppy McMills
The pair was glad to hear that the others were new as well, especially Patrick. He had a feeling the circumstances of discovering they were wizards wouldn't be looked on very respectfully amongst some. People were mean sometimes, and Poppy generally seemed to forget that. Patrick tried his best to steer her away from situations where she might get hurt, but he wasn't great at gauging others either. However, he had a feeling that Alice and Tyrus were good people.

Poppy smiled again as she seated herself beside Alice, and Patrick next to Tyrus. She seemed to have found her voice again. "Ooooh, wow, Tyrus. I've never heard anything like that. It sounds...mysterious..." Poppy carried on, but paused momentarily when she noticed his nervousness. She was unaware that her and her brother could be the cause. "Patrick was really nervous too! Weren't you, Patty? He says I don't get nervous enough though, and that I should be since we have no idea what we're getting into," she shrugged while Patrick cringed at her use of his childhood nickname, "But I say if you just think of it like an adventure, there's no point in being nervous! Patty is much more excited now that we're actually on the adventure, aren't you Patty?" She ran hand along the edge of the table, then the fabric of the seat. Her eyes flitted rapidly around the compartment as she took in every tiny detail.

Patrick looked to each of his new acquaintances, wondering what they might think of his sister's exuberance. In the right circumstances, he could be almost identical to her. For now though, he thought it best to keep it in check. He had always admired her for being herself so unapologetically. Patrick laughed. "Our da, he didn't spend much time at Hogwarts...we weren't sure what to expect..." George hadn't really elaborated on what being a squib was, but Patrick assumed it wasn't good. "And our mum, she's a--what's the word? She's just a regular woman."

"A muggle!" Poppy filled in for him. From what little information George had actually passed on, Poppy had retained every little detail of it. She had a knack for remembering things, which would probably suit her well at Hogwarts.

location: seated on the Express Mood: Elated and friendly With: Alice and Tyrus The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

Tyrus nodded with a smile as Poppy spoke to him about his name. Carefully responding as he attempted to overcame his nerves around the new girl. "Thanks! .... um Poppy! Nice name too yours.... I, uh, well you know what I mean." Tyrus spoke kindly attempting to clear up his stumbled speech. While giving a smile listening to Poppy speak and mention her brother Patrick's own nervousness. "Was he nervous around girls too? Though maybe it was one way to deal with it? Adventure? Perhaps?" He began to ponder it. A odd way to see encountering girls and new ones at that. Maybe it would somehow work overcoming it all?

"That's a interesting way of seeing it. Maybe it'd work on nerves and stuff too. Never thought about it with my umm..... form of nerves. " Tyrus responded with a small smile and looking toward Patrick and Poppy. "So your dad didn't stay at Hogwarts? Did he attend elsewhere afterward.... Like durmstrang or perhaps a regular school?" Tyrus asked out of curiosity while noticing Poppy's eyes as she ran her hand along the table and around the compartment. "It should be quite fun. I've heard some stuff about Hogwarts from my parents over the years. Plenty of history and cool things there. I'm guessing..... it's... umm.... hmm.... I'm thinking it must have quite the secrets and different sorts of hidden places too. Most castles do, right?" Tyrus added looking toward Alice, Poppy and Patrick as he spoke and slowly started to relax his nerves and keep his mind off the potential fails he could do to embarrass himself unintentionally.

amxlia amxlia inkling inkling

Lucinda was so happy that Johanna wanted to sit with her. Following the taller girl into an empty compartment nearby she watched as Johanna sat down with very little concern for grace. Not that Lucinda minded having gotten used to such behaviour after spending enough time with her muggle friend Tommy. However she did get a bit ticked off how the other girl brushed off the importance of school houses, but that was understandable since she didn't know what each stood for and what kind of students they were for. Clearly she would need educating on this point but their was plenty of time to do that. However Lucinda got lost in her own mind when Johanna looked out the window with Lucinda following suit. Seeing all the families outside made Lucinda upset that no one was here for her no matter how long she looked. It even brought a few tears to her eyes which she quickly wiped away before Johanna could see.

Bringing her focus back to Johanna she realised that she had said something to her as she watched Johanna pat the seat in front of her. Making sure to give Johanna a scathing look as she sat down not appreciating being told to sit like a dog. However she quickly forgot about it when Johanna started telling her about muggle field trips which turned out to be a lot more interesting than she thought. However she also felt a little bit insulted how Johanna didn't think she knew what a museum was. In fact she knew very well what one was and had even been to Museum of Quidditch twice.

However Lucinda was cut short before she could correct Johanna as the train jerked forward. It was so exciting steaming towards Hogwarts finally being able to practice and learn magic Lucinda was bouncing up and down in her seat. Looking out the window as the train departed so she could get a glimpse of the station and London as they left. Lucinda snapped her head back around as Johanna started talking about being able to ask each other questions about their worlds. This made Lucinda practically beam with joy feeling so much more relaxed knowing Johanna wanted to talk to her, "I would be happy to answer any question you can think of and I'm sure I will have some to ask you eventually. But I think it's best if we fill in your knowledge about the magical world first, considering where we are going don't you think. By the way we do have museums but probably not like yours. Also school houses are a lot more complex than just dividing up the school as they put similar kinds of people together. So what shall we start with?"

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

╔ ΞBΞNΞZΞR ASH ╗

With every heavy step down the corridor of the Hogwarts Express, Ebenezer Ash felt his heart sink but then rise.

Each compartment he passed was full of seated and lively students. Lively, because they leaned forward and backward, with vague gestures and exchanges of words and items. He did not hear them, but he was sure this train was loud with laughter and chatter and shouts.

All he heard was the realm of silence, aside from the structural rumble and chug of the mighty engine. And his own thudding heart.

Sometimes they caught him looking, so he gave them a polite smile. Tugging at his brown leather jacket now and then, he checked from wall to wall down the swaying aisle. Soon enough as he realized it, he was right behind an ebony-haired girl who peeked into an available compartment. He remained silent, holding onto a quill, a vial of ink, and a clipboard that pinned several sheets of parchment. Scratching ink onto the papryus, he was ready to communicate in his own way. When read, his note said: Hello, I am Ebenezer Ash. I am Deaf and I am a first year. Nice to meet all of you.

Bushy-browed, bushy-haired, with big ears, he waited with patience.
His warm brown eyes squinted at them and his sweet smile spread wide. His heavy breaths came slow and steady. One hand tucked into his jacket to take ahold of his eleven-inch alder wand. For doing so, this had given him great comfort.

code by cychotic

cee03c86583a06493d6ad3bbdbe20dc8.jpg

Mood: Communicative.
Interactions: amxlia amxlia
Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno Aero - Aero -

╔ CRΞSSIDA ASH ╗

Meanwhile, on Hogwarts grounds, Professor Cressida Ash flew through walls and floors igniting flames an ethereal blue, keeping an ever vigilant eye out the windows. Her wispy hands clasped the other, fidgeting away. Never satisfied, she continued to roam to other parts of campus. Flamel, her one-eyed russian blue cat, sprinted down the candlelit hallways and leapt off shifting stairwells, ever determined to keep up with her. Witches and wizards in their portraits hanging on the walls watched them hurry by.

"Oh..." Cressida glanced out an arched window. No sign of the students yet. She hovered up to one of the house elves, knelt down as she had done every single day for the past six years, and asked if today was the first of September, 1989. This house elf, startled and exhausted to see her coming, wasn't able to escape. In fact, it brightened with realization that yes, yes it was! It could practically scream and shriek at its newfound freedom, now that she would stop haunting everyone with keeping track of time. The day she was waiting for had finally come. She half-sobbed and laughed, without tears. After six long vague years, the day was now here. "Oh, Ben! My boy... my son."

Blinking slowly, she realized a question. What now?

code by cychotic

atlantique-transporteur-2-15.jpg

Mood: Anticipating.
Interactions: Open! avira avira

Last edited:

4932517.png

tumblr_inline_o2xrzm9Ao11sn95bh_250.gif
tumblr_inline_o2xs06G9mO1sn95bh_250.gif
tumblr_inline_o2xrzm9Ao11sn95bh_250.gif

"What about your favourite pair of pyjamas?"
"Yes, Auntie Liv." Orla lazily pushed her luggage trolley towards the famous platform. Nervousness had never done Orla any good. It made her only more cranky, which sometimes seemed impossible.
"And, what about your mam's locket?" Orla's 'Auntie' spoke with a thick Scottish accent, swishing her coat around her frame and letting her pale blonde hair blow in the gentle breeze. She towered over her surrogate niece, boosted more by a pair of heeled leather boots. She worried a lot about her ward, always wondering what she was thinking and if she was happy.
"Of course." Orla said, as if Liv was crazy to ask. Her Mother's necklace was practically a part of her. She never took it off.
As they approached the platform, Orla looked at her Aunt and gave her the best smile she could. The pair stood, inches apart, Liv not knowing whether to hug Orla, in case of being overbearing.
"Well, dear, don't forget to send me a note when you arrive safely. And don't forget to have fun. I know you'll enjoy it. You will." Liv bent down slightly and kissed Orla on the cheek gently, squeezing her shoulders. She felt a strange sensation. Perhaps it was the same feeling her Mother would have had.
Surprisingly, Orla smiled brighter than she had in a while and nodded. Turning back to her trolley, Orla swallowed the concoction of fear and excitement rising in her chest and took in a deep breath, exhaling as she ran towards the red brick.

After she had left her things on the luggage compartment, Orla stepped onto the Hogwarts Express. She felt scared. The only other Wizard's she had ever been around were her Mother and Aunt Liv. Not that she had been around many muggles either. She shivered at the thought of having to introduce herself. She was beyond excited to learn, but she was scared that the other students might not take to her. Auntie Liv had always said she was an acquired taste.

Holding onto Tirona, her pet turtle, Orla strode up and down the aisles. She gazed slightly into each compartment, trying to find a place to sit. Almost each one was full with new and returning students, but nevertheless they were full. Finally, Orla found a compartment with two girls, one with long, dark brown hair and the other with black hair of the same length. Orla fought with herself, wanting to find a new compartment, maybe there'd be an empty one? But she had gazed into their window for long enough and was beginning to look weirder than usual.

Sliding open the glass door, Orla tried to put on a slight smile, but she hoped that Tirona would do all the work, "I have a turtle, may I please sit with you?" Orla's accent was a mixture of Scottish and Irish, but she always tried to pronounce her words well and speak properly. Holding out Tirona, she hoped that the girls would oblige; her turtle was beginning to get a little heavy.

avira avira Armorath Armorath

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Aero - Aero - mood; casual, curious

Evan waited politely for Sidney to answer when the door to their compartment slid open just slightly to reveal a first year girl, then, a few moments later, another first year, a boy who was rather lanky for his age. She stopped for a moment, a bit surprised that anyone else still needed a compartment at this point, since the train had begun its forward motion out to the country side and towards the school. Glancing to Sidney for a moment she smiled tightly but kindly at them both and noted the paper that the boy held out. Scooting further towards the window to let them in, she waved in a gesture for them to join her and her slytherin companion. She didn't really know how Sidney would react to the newcomers- especially with them both being first years from what she could tell- but, he was being rather quiet, so for now she figured there was no harm in it.

"Yeah, sure, you both are welcome," she replied to the girl, smiling and nodding in greeting to the boy.

Frowning for a moment, she recalled the classes one of her older brothers had given her on {british} sign language. It had mostly been because of his girlfriend at the time who had been deaf, not that they lasted terribly longer.

"I am Evan, nice to meet you," she signed, her movements slow, shaky, and unsure, but she wanted to do her best to make him comfortable.

Evan knew how it had felt to be a first year as just a normal witch. She couldn't even imagine it for someone who could feel the bustle around him, but not hear it whatsoever.
{'fraid Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno is going to be mia until saturday i believe, but I'll reply the best I can for you guys! and i really don't know why this is in all caps but... idk how to fix it so yeah Cx}

code by cychotic

tumblr_obcxbt4UiE1sut0fso1_500.jpg

Lucinda was so happy that Johanna wanted to sit with her. Following the taller girl into an empty compartment nearby she watched as Johanna sat down with very little concern for grace. Not that Lucinda minded having gotten used to such behaviour after spending enough time with her muggle friend Tommy. However she did get a bit ticked off how the other girl brushed off the importance of school houses, but that was understandable since she didn't know what each stood for and what kind of students they were for. Clearly she would need educating on this point but their was plenty of time to do that. However Lucinda got lost in her own mind when Johanna looked out the window with Lucinda following suit. Seeing all the families outside made Lucinda upset that no one was here for her no matter how long she looked. It even brought a few tears to her eyes which she quickly wiped away before Johanna could see.

Bringing her focus back to Johanna she realised that she had said something to her as she watched Johanna pat the seat in front of her. Making sure to give Johanna a scathing look as she sat down not appreciating being told to sit like a dog. However she quickly forgot about it when Johanna started telling her about muggle field trips which turned out to be a lot more interesting than she thought. However she also felt a little bit insulted how Johanna didn't think she knew what a museum was. In fact she knew very well what one was and had even been to Museum of Quidditch twice.

However Lucinda was cut short before she could correct Johanna as the train jerked forward. It was so exciting steaming towards Hogwarts finally being able to practice and learn magic Lucinda was bouncing up and down in her seat. Looking out the window as the train departed so she could get a glimpse of the station and London as they left. Lucinda snapped her head back around as Johanna started talking about being able to ask each other questions about their worlds. This made Lucinda practically beam with joy feeling so much more relaxed knowing Johanna wanted to talk to her, "I would be happy to answer any question you can think of and I'm sure I will have some to ask you eventually. But I think it's best if we fill in your knowledge about the magical world first, considering where we are going don't you think. By the way we do have museums but probably not like yours. Also school houses are a lot more complex than just dividing up the school as they put similar kinds of people together. So what shall we start with?"

"...Oh, jeez, I've probably sounded really rude this entire time, haven't I?" She had taken notice of this girl's angered looks, and she immediately knew why, just from experience. She looked around and slumped in the seat, her elbows on her knees, "Listen, um.... I promise, I never intend to sound rude. I just- I mean, I have this- ... condition, wherein my brain is wired differently then most other people and I don't always think thoroughly about what I'm sayin', and.." She cleared her throat and rubbed her face, "I'm uh... Apologizing in advance, I guess. Most of the time, I don't intend to be rude, so um... If by chance I do happen to sound rude, just know, um... I don't mean for it to sound that way..."

She looked at Lucinda, blinked a couple times then cleared her throat again, "Annnnyway, that little bit done- I do have many, many questions. Like, these houses your talking about- Well, you said houses, as in like, plural. What ones are there other then the Ravenclaw?" She leaned forward and rested her chin in her hand and her elbow on her knee. Her mind had been racing for ages after receiving that letter by owl. She no idea what to expect entering this place, she had absolutely no idea.

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

Lucinda felt so bad with herself for making Johanna feel like she was being rude all the time. In fact she had enjoyed talking with Johanna as it was so nice to be able talk about the world or magic and be able to talk about muggle stuff with the same person. In fact she realised all Johanna had been doing was trying to nice and be herself something Lucinda had always wanted to do but couldn't. It was also interesting what she said about her brain being weird or something about her brain, which Lucinda didn't mind as she has been called weird because of her eyes. In reality everyone was just a little different she thought to herself.

Practically beaming with joy once Johanna changed subject asking about the school houses Lucinda was pleased to answer her question, "Well that's a simple enough question there are four houses in total with each looking for something in particular. Let's start with Ravenclaw which value people who are smart. Then there is Gryffindor who like brave people. Hufflepuff I don't really remember what they value but they seem to be filled mainly with everyday and pretty average people. At least that's what I have been told at least." Lucinda paused for a bit before see would talk about Slytherin. She was disgusted and worried at the same time that this could be her house. "Lastly there is Slytherin who are mainly for people who are ambitious, cunning, underhanded, oh and it's mostly filled with arrogant pure-bloods who think they are better than everyone else." Lucinda practically spat the last few words with such venom and hate. Not wanting to end up being a Slytherin with people like that. She also had time to think about what she had done and how she was acting, "I'm sorry by the way if I have made you feel bad. You have been lovely to talk to and your just being your self so I shouldn't be mad at you for that. I'm sure their are things about me you won't like but that's just how people are I guess?"

Siara Venus Kane

Siara gulped, anticipating the answer of the blonde. The male in front of her seemed awfully quiet. She quietly wondered to herself on how her sister survived this. Surely it was easier for her, with Regan already in 2nd year. And besides, Brianna was annoyingly over-friendly.
C4BQOhQWEAQP6t5.jpg
When she had boarded the train, Siara had seen her enter a compartment already. Goodness gracious. Siara looked focused her eyes to the blonde who had been looking beside her. Raising an eyebrow, she followed her glance to a boy, who apparently was deaf considering the note he held and the words that said, "I'm deaf". Siara's eyes brightened up at the sight of another first year. It would also be relatively easy to communicate with him as Uncle Ernest was partially deaf, so he taught her sign language. As such, Siara signed back, "Hello, I'm Siara Kane. Also a first year. Good to meet you too.". She glanced back at the blonde, who had welcomed them in. She nodded her head as she muttered a quiet "Thank you." with a smile. Siara sat next to the blonde. She had nothing against the male, he just looked terribly scary to her. She now knew how people felt about approaching her ridiculously tall brother. "I'm Siara Kane." She glanced up to the blonde, ignoring the temptation to glance at the male in her peripheral vision as well. She put her eyes on the window again, trying to avoid any eye contact. Temptation had always been one of Siara's weaknesses. So she eventually gave in. She looked up to the male, before quickly putting her eyes back to the glass..

Mood: Nervous still.
Interactions: amxlia amxlia Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

OOC:

Milena Avery

tumblr_inline_nxpquspYh51szaa83_250.gif

Milena nodded eagerly in agreement with Brynn's excitement for Hogwarts. "Me too!" she exclaimed, her face lighting up with enthusiasm. "Father says Slytherin is the best house, so I expect I'll be sorted there like him and Elias," she continued while flipping her long hair back over her shoulder. Just as she was about to ask Brynn what house she thought she'd go into, the train's sharp whistle sounded off, indicating their departure.

With a wide grin stretching her mouth from corner to corner, she plastered her face in front of the compartment's window. The familiar sight of the station began to pull away from view as the scenery changed to rolling hills and farmland. It was Brynn who first broke their silence when she asked about her friend's new pet.

"Oh, yes!" Milena reached into the bag she carried and scooped out a kitten, barely larger than her two hands combined. It was a light orange with deep streaks of burgundy across its body and a long tail. "This is Esther. Esther, Brynn!" she introduced them while holding the cat out to Brynn. "Father says she's a purebred Arabian Mau, whatever that is." Milena shrugged, Esther mewed slightly in acknowledgement. "All I know is that she's cute and she's mine."

A pale girl with hair like embers slid the compartment door open and stated that she had a turtle. The girl asked to sit with Brynn and Milena. The train was noticeably full this year and it made Milena wonder momentarily if they had snagged the last empty compartment. With Esther still coiled in her hands, Milena turned to the newest girl. "A turtle?! Of course! Yes, please, sit!" She gestured, again with hands full of cat, to the seats next to her and Brynn.

location: hogwarts express comparment | mood: easily excitable | interactions: Armorath Armorath spectro spectro

Feeling the train slowly start to move made Iris skip a beat in her heart from being startled. Yet she soon calmed down as she put a hand up to her chest to calm her breathing while also letting out a chuckle to herself. "Hahah..looks like it's finally moving. I don't know about you guys but..I'm just feeling too nervous. I mean, we're going to experience what Hogwarts has to offer. It's exciting to me." She stated as she looked out the window, still trying to get used to the area moving forward with them inside the train. Iris could see the black smoke fade into the air and things pass them by quickly.

The short haired girl turned her head to the entrance of their carriage to see a boy standing there with a cat in his arms. She simply smiled and turned around fully to look at him, motioning one of her hands, allowing him to come inside. "Not at all, come on." The girl really was trying to be as open as possible and was glad to meet another person to possibly be her friend. The only open seat was next to her so she might as well keep going with the conversation. "Cute cat. I'm Iris Hughes by the way."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger FactionParadox FactionParadox

Last edited:
Guinevere Holmes

tumblr_inline_oop8mwnlx21urfelz_250.gif

Gwen drew her hood over her head as she entered King's Cross. Another year, another bumpy train ride. A small part of her enjoyed the train ride, as it was drew her back to the times when magic was an exciting new world for her to explore. For Gwen, that nostalgia was deeply outweighed by the inconvenience of an hours long train ride. Why they couldn't just use portkeys, she would never understand.

As she pushed her cart of items through the hallways of the station, she recognized her fellow students with their families. Though she had family of her own, they were never there to see her off to Hogwarts and they never would be. Gwen had told them that they weren't supposed to see their children off at the station. She didn't want another reason for them to think their middle daughter and sister was a freak.

With ease, Gwen pushed her cart through the pillar and settled her things. She headed over to drop off her baggage and took a particularly long time settling the care of her new Cleansweep Six. It had taken her a long time to work up the funds for her own brand new broom, and she'd be damned if anything happened to it before the Quidditch season started.

The sharp whistle of the Express sounded off, indicating the train's imminent departure. Wisps of smoke wafted past Gwen as she hustled onto the train and hurried to find an empty compartment. The best she could do was one with her Hufflepuff nemesis sitting to one side of the compartment. "Warbeck," She greeted him with a smirk as she slid the compartment's door open fully. Sartorious and Gwen had been friendly competitors since their first match against each other. The pair were in the same year, played the same position for their respective houses, and shared more than a few classes. It was only natural that they developed a sociable working rivalry.

Her eyes scanned the compartment. "I can see no one's sitting here, then." Gwen threw her suitcase on the rack above the seats opposite Sartorious. "Got a new broom this year, you know," she warned him as she sat down across from him. The girl pulled down her hood, revealing her braids pulled back into a larger braid on the back of her head. "Mark my words, Hufflepuff is toast."

location: one of the compartments on the hogwarts express | mood: friendly banter | interactions: The Silent Z The Silent Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back