• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ ✶

Sophia, who (predictably) was last to board and running late, sprinted down the hall, trying to find a compartment that was open. Finally, she located one—compartment 9—that only had three occupants and, without further ado or consideration for those in the general vicinity, came barreling in, yelling much more loudly than necessary, "Did I miss anything?!"

Before anyone could respond (as is custom when someone asks a question), Sophia took it upon herself to sit next to one girl and start chattering away, acting for all the world as though she had always been part of the conversation. This was typically acceptable behavior from the spunky 11-year-old, who'd been interrupting dinner conversations with adults for years, but—as she later realized—was slightly problematic for peers who wished to talk amongst themselves at a normal volume and speed.

"Are you all first years? I'm a first year, if you couldn't tell because I look about six years old. It's taken forever to get my acceptance letter and my older brother Ewan works with dragons, you know, so he's been off getting into trouble in Merlin knows where... an owl would be nice, since he could be dead at any time. I mean, dragons are cool, but they're not the most benign creatures... well, they're always kind of a liability, aren't they? The number of dragon attacks, Ewan could be next... Mum said she doesn't appreciate me pointing that out. I dunno why. Obviously, Ewan isn't gonna get attacked, he's way too awesome, and besides, they all like him."

Sophia heaved a long-suffering sigh. Rather unfortunately, it did not even begin to occur to her that absolutely nobody else knew anything about her brother—or anything about her, for that matter. Nor did they sign up for a rant about familial conflict. And so she continued cheerfully,

"At least I got to learn some Transfiguration spells. Mum says they're 'dangerous' and 'irresponsible' and claims I'm gonna kill someone"
—she rolled her eyes—"but honestly, it was only that one time that I turned our cat into a teacup, which was really harmless if you think about it, and I got quite good at extinguishing fires... anyway, Mum's hair was barely singed, she sent Dad after me and we had a row but I'm pretty sure he thinks it's funny. He was 'well-behaved'—what a concept, really—in school, head boy and everything. I reckon he still acts well-behaved for Mum's benefit, but personally I think that's total hogwash... whenever I get in trouble he always pleads the fifth, even though he knows it was almost definitely my fault." She beamed fondly, then informed the compartment at large, "He works at Gringotts but he's not boring."

At this point, Sophia found herself too winded to speak, which resulted in a brief respite while she tried to catch her breath. This act of mercy was only transitory, however; as soon as she could breathe again (after a series of exaggerated gasps that were vaguely reminiscent of a beached whale), she flashed her friendliest smile and concluded, "So, what were you guys talking about?" as she swung her legs happily back and forth, nearly kicked the shin of the girl opposite her, and looked at her compartment-mates expectantly.

Volfy Volfy Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
LEO LEO LEO LEO LEO LEo
Leonidas Hong
Leo suddenly woke from his slumber with an ill-fated thump on the floor. "Ouchhh..." He muttered, slowly getting up off the floor. Still groggy from sleep, Leo made a sound of confusion, quite obviously forgetting where he was. Ten seconds later (yes, he's a tad bit slow), Leo jumped to his feet. He's on a magical express train to a wizarding school, Hogwarts. This whole experience was quite the ride for him. 1) He had no previous wizarding blood, being Muggle-born and 2) He had almost no idea what he was doing. Quite the double whammy. For instance, when he arrived at Platforms Nine and Ten, he was stuck searching for Nine and Three-Quarters. Thank heavens there just happened to be a wizarding family that noticed his predicament. To be entirely honest, his parents' slight skeptical attitudes made him extremely nervous. Leo quickly waved those awkward thoughts of having to run through the wall and looking extremely terrified while doing it.

Speaking of his parents, they were both supportive but nervous for Leo. They had never even heard of this Hogwarts before. He remembered staying up at night, listening to his parents' hushed whispers in their small flat. All of those thoughts only made him more nervous! In the end, the day it was time to embark on his new journey, they were happy enough to see him off. Leo absent-mindedly reached into his pocket to rub the keychain with that picture of Leo and his parents in Disney World in the States. That was magic to him, but if this new journey had real magic he was ready to face it head on. Finally, Leo shook his head out of the clouds.

Leo scratched his chin, wondering if he should scout out other first years who had more of a clue than he did. "Aish, I should probably go do that," Leo finally decided aloud, bobbing his head. He quickly brought down his mother's old suitcase from its high stow-away place and unceremoniously dropped it on the floor. The suitcase was quite heavy after all, carrying everything he was instructed to bring. Leo quickly adjusted his clothing, quite rumpled from his nap, and out the door of his empty compartment he went. He hummed a little tune, something American his mother listened to as he made his way between all of the compartments. Everything was just so new to Leo. The Hogwarts Express itself was a brilliant red train, almost nothing Leo had ever seen. Suddenly a woman pushing a trolley grabbed his eye. "Well if that isn't cool, then I dunno what," Leo thought, walking over towards it, all the while dragging his suitcase.

As soon as he approached, he noticed four other children sitting in the compartment. "They look like they know what's happening..." Leo immediately thought. He quickly brushed his fringe out of his face and looked at the four. "Uh, hey! I'm Leo Hong! Does there happen to be room for one more? I, uh, kinda fell asleep, and I don't exactly know what's going on. I guess you can say I'm a newbie to this magic stuff, haha?" He said, trying not to seem nervous. Leo quickly rubbed beneath his nose, a nervous tick of his. Leo kinda hoped they would accept him, gosh he usually isn't this nervous. He quickly hummed and tapped his leg, his energy getting the best of him. He quickly stopped once he noticed it. God why was he so fidgety? Leo grinned a bit, hopefully they didn't think of him as weird already. Although how can you be weird in a school full of the magically gifted?
Status
Mood : Nervous, excited?
Outfit : Sweats and a red track jacket X
Interractions : Susanna, Elodie, Kliff, and Clay
Mentions : Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno deer deer @AKKaleb

tumblr_ohyo4rC3Jq1rpgullo9_250.gif
tumblr_ohyo4rC3Jq1rpgullo7_250.gif

Ripley Holton
Interaction: Lucinda Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 | Johanna explosiveKitten explosiveKitten | Sophia Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

tumblr_mx52ijtVTL1qcqfmno2_250.gif

Ripley looked up as a short, pretty blonde girl came hurtling into the compartment, her voice loud as she questioned the three girls already there. Ripley quickly kicked her legs up and away from the wall, swinging them down so she sat normally, giving the new girl space to sit. "Uhh-" She started, but the latest arrival had already launched into a long, rapid fire confession. Ripley had always had her own issues with a limited attention span, but this girl. Well, she seemed to cover most of her life in two breaths, summarizing her appearance, brother, mother, father and what they did, all in the space of about a minute. She sat quietly, nodding in a friendly, if confused sort of way throughout the small speech, glancing at Lucinda and Johanna briefly. Ripley even had to suppress a giggle as the new comer finished up.

"Hold up." Ripley fixed Sophia with a look, as if inspecting something of great interest. "Did you say your brother works with dragons?" her face lit up slowly as she spoke, a crooked grin spreading across her face. "That's amazing! Have you seen them? Ohh, have you ever touched one? Were you scared?" Ripley curbed herself a little. "Oh, I'm Ripley by the way." she gave a little wave to go along with her introduction.

"Did you also say you turned your cat into a teacup?" Ripley's expression was both of mild concern, and admiration at the idea."Who taught you? My grandfather refused to teach me, said I had to learn at Hogwarts." she rolled her eyes, "Was your cat okay?" she asked, a slightly odd question, but she was happy this girl had made it easy for them to talk. She'd certainly peeked Ripley's interest. Dragons, cats to teacups, seemed more exciting then a lot of what she had done in the past eleven years.

Compartment 9 - Ripley Volfy Volfy | Lucinda Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 | Johanna explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Positively delighted by Ripley's response, Sophia immediately lit up. "Ewan's amazing, he's honestly the best dragon handler I know... well, he's also technically the only one I know, but I'm sure he's the best," she enthused, gesturing wildly with her arms. "Mum won't let me go near them, something about fire-breathing reptiles and little girls not being a good mix"—Sophia crinkled her nose—"but Ewan's promised me that once I do my first year of Care of Magical Creatures he'll talk her into it. Maybe I can bring you along!"

040517-mckenna-grace-primary-1200x630.jpg

She paused, having experienced a pang of unexpected and unwelcome homesickness, as she thought about Ewan. Of course he was always safe, he knew what he was doing, but the reality was beginning to sink in that she'd be at Hogwarts most of the year, and he didn't even know if he'd get holidays off. But this was best. This was what she was supposed to do, what everyone did, and, most importantly, what Ewan wanted her to do.

"You gotta go to school, Soph," Ewan said as they sat at the end of the dock.

She crossed her arms and scowled at the water. "Why?"

He sighed, reached over and mussed up her hair. "'Cause," he said, "you're gonna be smarter than all of us."

"I don't wanna leave," Sophia insisted adamantly.

"I'll only be an owl away."

"I'll miss Mum and Dad."

Ewan turned her to face him and gripped her shoulders. "Hey, look at me," he said, shaking her.

"No," she said stubbornly.

"Please."

Groaning dramatically, Sophia met her brother's somewhat concerned gaze. She felt a twinge of guilt; she didn't mean to
concern anyone.

Then she remembered why they were so concerned.

"I'm not like her," she said gratingly.

Ewan blanched. "I'm not saying that—"

"You know I'm not like her. I learned stuff, look," and she waved her wand at the fishing rod, which Transfigured instantly into a bouquet of Acid Pops.

"Stop Transfiguring things into sweets," Ewan said exasperatedly. "And we aren't saying you're like her. We just want you to go to school. Be a kid. Make friends."

"I don't want friends. I want you and Mum and Dad and Fred," Sophia said miserably.

"You'll still have us."

She looked up at him bleakly. "You're leaving."

He flinched. "I'll be back."

"You don't know when."

"I'll be back," he repeated firmly.Then, when she only glared at him, he stood up, grabbed her round her stomach, and picked her up like a sack of potatoes. "Don't be cross, Soph." Sophia swung both legs over his shoulders. "Find something else to worry about, yeah?"

She sighed, resting her hands and chin on his head. "Yeah, okay," she agreed begrudgingly.

"There you go," he said fondly, and reached up to tweak her nose. "Best little sister ever."
mckenna-grace-chris-evans-gifted.jpg
"Sorry," Sophia apologized, realizing that she'd momentarily zoned out. What were they talking about? Oh, right. Cats. "My cat's name is Fred and he's only got one eye and three legs—but he was that way when we found him," she clarified hurriedly. "I found him when I was seven, Mum was really concerned at first and asked multiple times how many eyes and legs exactly he had when I found him, dunno what she was thinking... anyway, he's ours now and he's the smartest, coolest cat in the history of ever. I don't think he minded being turned into a teacup," she added pensively, "he was a very cute teacup. Mum was just upset 'cause she almost made tea in him, which I don't think he would've been quite as fond of."

As for the grandfather bit, Sophia couldn't exactly relate. She'd been allowed free reign her entire life, living on an open expanse of meadows and lakes and growing up in the outdoors with her much-older brother teaching her practical Muggle skills before she got a wand. Nobody had told her not to talk, because her parents and friends always treated her as equals. And despite her mother's constant scolding, Sophia knew that she'd never prevent her own kids from learning what they wanted to learn and doing what they wanted to do (within reason, of course).

"That's so rude of your granddad," Sophia replied, making a face. "No one taught me, really, I just got the books from Ewan and started learning the incantations when I was nine. Once I got my wand"—she flourished hers, which at 14 inches was comically large for such a small person—"I hit the ground running... I can teach you some stuff if you want! I've really gotten the hang of Transfiguration, I think, and I started on Charms... although Mum said that if I was going to learn Charms, I'd have to learn housework Charms, because apparently I never clean up for myself, so I took a hard pass on that one and decided to wait for Hogwarts."

Sophia looked around the compartment, wondering if the other two girls were going to chip in at all. "So, what are you all looking forward to the most? I hear the food is really good, I love food, it's the best, and if I don't eat I become a 'holy terror,' so everyone at home just shoves a biscuit in my mouth if I start mouthing off." She grinned.

Honeydukes Express - Compartment 2

anigif_sub-buzz-2387-1470081746-2.gif

Elodie's compliment took the trolley lady by surprise. Rarely did anyone take time to comment on the items in her cart. She made the pumpkin pasties by hand, it was nice to know her effort didn't go unnoticed.

The trolley lady handed Kliff a large assortment of all the items on her cart, including some fish shaped gummies that seemed to be swimming in their own packages. It was so much, that she struggled to fit it all in the boy's hands and tucked some of it next to him on his seat.

With some effort, the trolley lady moved her cart to the next compartment over. Its occupants could hear its clattering, followed by a sudden silence. Without warning, the compartment door opened to reveal a smiling, dimpled woman and her very attractively arranged treats and sweets. She smiles at the students inside, putting them at ease. With exactly the kind of warmth one might expect, she asked, "Anything off the cart, dears?"

Feel free interact with and buy whatever you like/your character can afford from the Trolley Lady. To the right I've made a list of things the trolley lady might normally sell, for reference.
For purchase this year are the following items, for varying prices:
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
- Cauldron Cakes
- Chocolate Frogs
- Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
- Jelly Slugs
- Liquorice wands
- Pumpkin Pasties

Interactions:
Compartment 2: Susanna - Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno Elodie - deer deer Kliff & Clay- @AKKaleb
Compartment 3: Adrian - @ZAuger Rufus - Yarrow Yarrow Will - wdinatx wdinatx gabe - Abendrot Abendrot

hogwarts approaches

Hogwarts Approaches
Your Compartment
A short, stocky boy with a mess of red hair walks through the corridors of the Hogwarts Express. Pinned to his chest on his robes was a giant P, for prefect. He knocks politely on each compartment's door before opening them and reminding its occupants, "If you haven't already, you'd better get changed, we'll be arriving soon." With that, he slides the compartment door closed and moves to the next.

You and your new friends turn your heads towards the compartment's window to confirm what he'd said. You hadn't really noticed it between all the chatter before, but it had gotten dark. The rolling hills and farmlands you flew by in the beginning of your journey had become mountains and forests under a deep purple sky. Heeding the prefect boy's warning, you decided to reach up to your luggage and find your Hogwarts robes. With some effort, you take off your jacket and pull the long, black robe on. The robes of the boy next to you are a bit short for him, in a slightly comical way. You exchange looks with the rest of your compartment before breaking out into laughter.

tumblr_m7dm0wJLNk1qf732eo3_500.gif
We're officially nearing Hogwarts! Have your characters change into their robes. Sometime in the next week I'll make another setting post announcing our arrival and the details on how each student gets to the school from the platform, in case anyone's forgotten. Also an FYI - due to time, we maaaay not get the trolley lady visiting all the compartments. Sorry!
amxlia amxlia Abendrot Abendrot The Silent Z The Silent Z spectro spectro Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf explosiveKitten explosiveKitten ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Trinket Trinket @AKKaleb Yarrow Yarrow inkling inkling Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno MochiHaru MochiHaru Armorath Armorath wdinatx wdinatx @ZAuger Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 deer deer SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger @Aero ★ @GimmickPuppet @donaphiin Volfy Volfy n u n c h i n u n c h i Ravenclaw Ravenclaw MegMath13 MegMath13 scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

img-thing
img-thing
img-thing
ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah had woken up bright and early before even her father, which that itself was a weird occurrence. She went through her trunk once again going over her checklist of items. Books, check. Wand, Check. Quills and Ink, Check. Potions Vials and Couldren, Check. It went like this until she'd went through her entire trunk twice over. When her father came to get her for breakfast she was already dressed and about to walk out the door. Her brother a sixth year at Hogwarts was also up and already at the table.
"Are you ready Alannah?" Her brother asked when they had all finished eating only to receive a nod and a grin the spread ear to ear from her.
As they arrived at the train station however her demeanor had changed and she was nervous "Papa? How do we get to the platform?" She said softly, and uncharacteristically rocked back and forth on her feet. Her brother who had done this before lent down looking in her eyes. He reassured her that everything would be alright then ran through the the barrier to the train. She followed right behind and took in the site before her. A steam engine even better than she had dreamed of stood before her gloriously bellowing white smoke. There were students everywhere some already in Hogwarts robes and some in muggle clothes, at this point she felt a hand on her shoulder.
"Alannah go find somewhere to sit I'll get your trunk on the train. See you for the Christmas holiday darling." Her father said and she grinned and climbed onto the train her orange tabby kitten in her arms.
She wasn't sure where she would sit but went looking for a compartment, they all seemed to be full of other students and some where even having conversations. She decided on sitting out in the corridor having changed into her robes. Maybe now she could find someone to talk to, she began walking down the corridor again looking for someone to talk to.

house: Unsorted | location: home - train | scenario: boarding the train
mood: happy, nervous, excited | with: no one | tags:
coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

• NishantKing's Cross was a bustling place, full of a variety of people taking the train to work or heading home for the weekend. Adults were either carrying their bags or using trollies that were loaded with bags and suitcases, pushing them in front of them and trying to weave through the crowds to reach their trains before departing. Mothers held their children close for fear of losing them in the crowd as they followed their spouses to the trains or else juggled children with baggage as they set out to join spouses in the countryside or to go somewhere on their own. How busy had it been before during the second world war, when childeren were put on trains and carted off to the countryside for their own safety, leaving their parents to face the bombs and air raids on their own, knowing that if they died then their children would hopefully be safe? Yet those times had passed and though there were still scars from the war, the people of the United Kingdom would hopefully have to never go through another one. Everyone seemed so sure of themselves, of their purpose in life. Everyone seemed to also be in a rush, that they didn't notice the young child who looked nothing like the majority of people at King's Cross Station on the morning of September 1, 1989 that who stood there with a cherry-wood truck on a trolley with a cat carrier strapped on top, the kitten's blue eyes staring out of the carrier in interest, black nose twitching at all the different scents and sounds.

The young boy of potential Indian origin, slid a hand into the pocket of his jeans, black fingerless gloves upon his hands, and pulled out the folded ticket he had kept there since recieving it on his eleventh birthday or at least what he had thought of as his birthday since none of the workers at Wool's Orphanage were sure of much concerning the child's life before being found in a basket on a rainy night. Unfolding the ticket, the eleven-year-old looked at the ticket with the platform number, frowning as he saw a number that made no sense what so ever. Checking the platfom he was beside, number 8, he folded the ticket back up and slipped it once more into his pocket before grasping the handle of the trolley with both hands and wheeled it down a platform until he reached an empty area near Platforms 9 and 10 but there was no sign saying Platfom 9 3/4 upon it. He stood off to the side until an older student saw him and asked if he was starting Hogwarts, a boy with glasses and red hair with a lanky frame. When he had replied, the boy had introduced himself as Percy Weasley and instructed him how to get onto the platform. Feeling the eyes of the boy upon him, Nishant had swung his trolley until it was facing the wall and ran towards it, hoping he didn't crash and make a fool of himself for he wasn't sure that this wasn't some type of joke but where he expected to crash...the sound of a whistle caused him to open eyes he hadn't realized he had closed before potential impact and he saw a scarlet steam engine pulling a long line of carriages behind it...idling at the station. The station!

Nishant looked to see a large clock with the time 10:35 on it and a sign to his left saying Platform 9 3/4...he had done it! He was getting ready to set foot into a new world of magic and...and fantastical creatures that he couldn't begin to imagine. Awe struck what he was seeing, and feeling resentful of the children who chatted with friends or stood with their parents, he didn't move out of the way and something crashed into him. "Watch it!" called a bulky and imtimidating teenager behind him, the already in robes of black with green embroidery and a green and silver tie around his neck. NIshant was pushed out of the way, feeling pain in his legs from where the other trolley had hit him. "Stupid Mudblood," said the student, wandering off like nothing had happened and leaving Nishant to pick himself up off of the ground.

After that he managed to get onto the train, struggling with his trunk until the conductor had come and helped to lift the trunk onto the train. He then dragged his trunk along the corridors to look for a compartment but it appeared a good many of them were full. He finally found one that was mostly empty and after enquiring through the crack in the door, had been allowed entrance, finding himself seated with a few students with yello and black or blue and bronze ties around their necks...students of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw respectively. They mereley enquired to if he was a first year and thereafter left him alone, one of the older students levitating his trunk onto the luggage rack above the seats after Nishant had removed the cat carrier and let his kitten out to explore the train compartment. Afterwards he must have fallen to sleep with the rocking of the train as it began to move for the next time he was awoken, there was a prefect at the compartment saying they were nearly at Hogwarts and to change into their robes. He stood atop the seat to get into his trunk and pulled out a set of plain black robes before pulling dropping it onto the seat next to him, closed the trunk behind him and hopped off, pulling his robes over his head and seating himself back down as other students left to change in the bathrooms or to just pull wizarding robes on over the clothes they had worn to the station.

Last edited:
Ripley Holton
Interaction: Lucinda | Johanna | Sophia Ravenclaw Ravenclaw
(Didn't tag Lucinda or Johanna to avoid spamming them if their not longer interested.)

Ripley struggled to yank her robes into place, pulling the black material over her head and fumbling to straighten it. With a final tug, shake of her head, and a quick puff, blowing some stray hairs out of her face, she beamed at her compartment companions. Time had gone quickly, the sky darkening and the landscape of fields turning to hillocks and thick forest. A knot was beginning to form in the pit of Ripley's stomach. The changing scenery and robes she now wore brought home hard that Hogwarts was near, and coming fast. She'd be here til the holidays. She'd have a new home. In truth, she didn't have any friends to miss back at her home in Somerset, but already the image of her family's estate was calling to her. The neatly groomed gardens, the river which flowed through the east part of the grounds, her room. The past eleven years. Her grandfather would only be at the school as her teacher, he'd made that clear. It left her a little more somber, her smile dropping as she sat down, her legs a little to long for her new attire.

"So.." Ripley said, letting her expression return to a lighter one, turning to each of them. "It feels kinda weird. I grew up with so many stories about Hogwarts, now we actually get to live there.." she glanced out the window, watching a hill in the distance slowly disappear as trees began to obscure it. Leaning closer, she blow on the glass, creating a small semitransparent patch of white. Slowly, she drew her finger through it, poked it a few times and observed her handy work. Ripley offered the crude smiley face a smile of her own before looking back at others.

"Looks like we'll find out about that food yours, Sophia." Ripley said, "Might have to wait a bit longer though. I don't have a biscuits to shove at you either, so I hope it isn't too long." she finished with a giggle, even letting out a snort as she laughed.

Compartment 9 - Ripley Volfy Volfy | Lucinda | Johanna

Sophia watched Ripley's face and felt an inexplicable sense of compassion, understanding, and something akin to solidarity. Ripley didn't seem all that more confident than Sophia felt, which was honestly incredibly reassuring. After all, she couldn't be the only one who found the imminent change a bit daunting. Of course, not everyone had their Ewan, but it wasn't unlikely that Ripley was missing someone too.

"Are you okay?" Sophia asked, peering at her new friend—if that was what Ripley was. Probably, Sophia figured. Or maybe not. Throughout the rest of her Hogwarts career, she would forever be trying not to do things that would fall under the category of How To End Up Old And Alone With Only A One-Eyed Cat.

Somehow, the entire mood of the compartment had sobered as darkness fell and they approached the castle. This was real. This was a thing that was actually happening. This was... scary. "I'm not really looking forward to it either," she added helpfully, even though Ripley hadn't mentioned anything about being nervous. Then, "What house d'you wanna be in? My whole family's been in Gryffindor, but my birth mom was a Hufflepuff..."

Sophia didn't want to think about her birth mother right now. She knew everyone was anxious because they worried she would end up dropping out of Hogwarts too. Had Sophia not already proven them wrong? While a humble person, she knew that the magic she'd already taught herself was beyond what most first years would be learning or capable of. If anything, their real concern should be her social success. Academics, skill, ability... those didn't matter. Those she had in the bag.

"I really wanna be a Gryffindor, like Ewan," Sophia explained, frustration and anxiety slipping into her voice. It wouldn't be the end of the world if she didn't continue the family legacy. If she didn't fit in. Watch her land in Slytherin—or worse, Hufflepuff. Not that she subscribed to anti-badgers sentiments, or the negative stereotypes often associated with the house, but truth be told she was and always had been eager to distance herself from her biological mother as much as possible. To belong. "What houses have your family been in?"

tumblr_o4id0d2BFy1qmszouo1_500.jpg
Lochlan Rosier
Lochlan couldn't quite determine what his unwillingness to return to Hogwarts was. Perhaps the age difference between his classmates was finally setting in; after all, if he so wanted, by the winter holiday he would be old enough to practice magic outside of school and even obtain his license to Apparate--all before even taking his OWLs. This situation did not please him, despite the lack of harm that came from it. The only reaction he ever received from his peers was mild curiosity as it was clear that he wasn't ignorant. All the same, it bothered him. He also had a gnawing feeling that something bad was going to happen this year. If he had more faith in premonitions, Lochlan might look into this feeling as being something more than self-conscious nervousness.

Forehead rested against the train window, his brows were deeply furrowed and jaw set. His thoughts were abruptly halted by the sound of the compartment door sliding open. He raised his head to study the figure that stood in the doorway, face lacking expression. She was younger than he and did not look all that familiar, her arms loaded with a curious looking container. Lochlan hesitated to respond for a moment, but he couldn't help but pity her. Her baggage looked quite burdensome and he doubted there were many seats left.

Lochlan straightened and removed his hood. "Er, no problem. Go ahead," he said, a bit curtly. She looked interesting enough, he just hoped she wasn't too chatty.

location: compartment mood: unsociable, but curious with: Zara avira avira

img-thing
img-thing
img-thing
ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah began to get tired of just sitting around not talking to anyone because to he that was worst than death. Anywho she had poked her head into a couple of compartments but no one seemed to want to talk to her. She was ringing her hands when she can upon compartment 1, she gently knocked on the door once again uncharacteristically rocking on her feet. "Hello, I hope I'm not interrupting but uh would you mind me joining you?" Her words came out quickly and she bit down on her lip waiting for a response.
Her older brother had told her not to be shy but it was kind of hard not to be when you are meeting new people. She also couldn't find him no matter how hard she tried. From what she could see she had walked in on the middle of a conversation and she really hoped that it would be alright that she wanted to speak to someone.
That morning her father had told her
"Remember there's always room for a little fun especially when you have nothing better to do." She had taken this to heart and now think about that pulled out her wand that had a nice flowery design on it and made sparks that were somewhat like fireworks appear a little trick that her brother that taught her and smiled to herself. Her cat who was perched on her shoulder tried to catch the sparks.

house: Unsorted | location: Train | scenario: Looking for a compartment
mood: happy, nervous, excited | with: Tyrus, Poppy, Patrick and Alice | tags: The Silent Z The Silent Z inkling inkling amxlia amxlia

Lucinda had only just finished changing into her school robes having found it a bit uncomfortable changing in front of others. This was mainly due to the fact that the only person who had helped Lucinda get dressed was her house-elf Missy. Sitting back down twirling her hair she was blushing slightly still feeling at bit awkward after changing. Taking her wand out of her boot she instead put the wand into an arm holster on her wrist before covering it with her sleeve. Practically hugging her boots when she put them away in her bag she was a bit angry at the shoes she had to wear. It was such a nervous feeling being in her robes, almost at Hogwarts, having no idea what house she would be or who she was sharing a bedroom with. The very idea of sharing a room was foreign to Lucinda having always had her own very large room at home and away to herself and wasn't sure how she would handle sharing.

Taking a minute to look around the compartment Lucinda looked at the three girls she had shared the trip with and couldn't have imagined anything better. Mainly because she had been thinking about the worst possible outcomes. Lucinda liked Johanna since she had been very nice to her and she hoped they would stay friends. Ripley was also interesting though Lucinda was concerned for her since it sounded like her Grandfather looked after her, making Lucinda wonder what happened to her parents. Sophia had been the last to enter there compartment and Lucinda found her a bit weird, but she was also so friendly and nice. Thinking back to what happened to Sophia's cat she giggled still finding it funny. She also really wanted to ask Sophia about her brother who worked with dragons since she absolutely adores them.

Looking out of the compartment at the ever darkening sky Lucinda hadn't been an active part of the conversation mainly sitting back and listening with a bit of sketching. Grabbing some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans she had bought from the trolley lady when she went to the loo. She looked back over towards Ripley and Sophia who were talking about Hogwarts. Lucinda had become gradually more nervous as Hogwarts got closer and closer with the sorting ceremony looming ever closer. Wanting to chat rather then dwell on her thoughts Lucinda tried to see if she could join in the conversation, "Uhm.. does anyone want some Bertie Bott's." Trying to be nice she held the packet out as she ate one. However Lucinda had been unfortunate enough to eat a vomit flavoured one causing her face to scrunch up in disgust. Swallowing quickly she looked back to the others, "Hope your luckier than me, mine was vomit flavoured. By the way my family have all been Slytherins... a tradition I hope to break." Slipping in the last point hoping it would help her get involved in the conversation.

(Appearance: silver highlights)

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten and Volfy Volfy and Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

name /// here
Millie-Bobby-Brown-Interview-2016-Cover-Photoshoot07-200x200.jpeg
show-11637-536717919.jpg
tumblr_static_3hn5080ppr28w008ckokk40ok.png
Alice looked into the jellybean box curiously for a moment before grabbing one at random that was bright green. Shrugging and poping it into her mouth she at first made a sour face before smiling.

"Screw lime flavoring, this tastes like they just shoved one in here!" she commented with a smile as she swallowed the rest of the candy in her mouth," what did you guys get?"

She turned to the twins excitedly, her gaze also involving TJ. She was rather good at making the most of a situation to involve everyone it could. She didn't do it consciously, it just... happened. It was the same way that when she was mad or upset at someone, she often wasn't very secretive about it.
coded by dwale

Joey was about to reply to Ripley when somebody new walked in and plunked down on the seat beside Ripley or whatever. This young girl then began to talk in rapid fire succession about whatever the hell it was she was talking about. To be frank, Joey had absolutely no idea what this girl was saying. So as she blathered about something or other, Johanna spaces out and looked out the window.

She wondered what the place would be like. All these kids seemed so excited, probably because they had heard countless stories from their parents, about the magical experiences, the life in the school, the friends they had made. What the dormitories were like, what the lunchroom was like, anything really. Anything more then she had. What kinds of classes would she have? What was her mother doing at home right now? How was she coping with being home alone? Did these wizards have a postal service? Oh wait, they used owls to deliver mail... OWLS! Did that mean she could be in close quarters with OWLS? OHHHH OWLS ARE AWESOME!

As her mind wandered off the rails, the day changed to night before her eyes, and all without her really noticing. Until some red headed boy poked his head into the compartment and told them to get changed. She blinked and looked around expecting like a changing room to magically appear so that the four girls jammed into this tiny compartment could change in private, but none came. She she just started to strip. No holds barred. Just taking her clothes off, leaving her in nothing but a blush colored training bra and some matching panties. She yawned very loudly and looked about at all the girls, then shrugged and slipped on the robes and stuff.

She looked at herself and ran her hands over the the robe, then looked at the other girls and said, "I feel like a kid on Halloween." She then began to stuff her normal clothes back into her bag. She blinked as she looked into the bag, seeing a picture of her mother and father in a small frame. She reached in and lifted it up slightly to get a better view of it, then sighed and put it back down, and zipped up the bag.

"Soooo.... who was that kid that just popped his 'ead in here? He had a big P on his robe or whatever."
She looked at the offered box of what appeared to be jelly beans, and nodded at Lucinda in thanks and took one. A red one. She popped it in her mouth and chewed, and without a moment's hesitation she spat it out onto the floor, coughing loudly, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 Volfy Volfy Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

name /// here
Millie-Bobby-Brown-Interview-2016-Cover-Photoshoot07-200x200.jpeg
show-11637-536717919.jpg
tumblr_static_3hn5080ppr28w008ckokk40ok.png
Alice looked into the jellybean box curiously for a moment before grabbing one at random that was bright green. Shrugging and poping it into her mouth she at first made a sour face before smiling.

"Screw lime flavoring, this tastes like they just shoved one in here!" she commented with a smile as she swallowed the rest of the candy in her mouth," what did you guys get?"

She turned to the twins excitedly, her gaze also involving TJ. She was rather good at making the most of a situation to involve everyone it could. She didn't do it consciously, it just... happened. It was the same way that when she was mad or upset at someone, she often wasn't very secretive about it.
coded by dwale
full
full

Patrick and Poppy McMills
Poppy and Patick both seemed taken aback by Tyrus' offer to share his candy. It wasn't that they weren't used to kindness, as they had been born into a very pleasant and thoughtful family. Perhaps they subconsciously expected (and prepared for) the worst, or maybe their worries of being treated as lesser in an unfamiliar world were starting to show through. Regardless, it took them a moment to recover. "If you really don't mind..." Poppy said hesitantly, "I am quite curious..." She inspected the packaging as she helped herself to a small amount. She seemed to gather herself and lifted her head abruptly before placing a jelly bean into her mouth. "Oh, thank you!"

Patrick watched his sister, then followed suite. He nodded his thanks, residually embarrassed about not having bought anything of their own to share. He took several of the beans and watched the others eat theirs curiously. He was quite impressed by their claim of "every flavor" and even more surprised by the kinds Tyrus was listing off. Patrick was also skeptical--every flavor seemed like a stretch. He inspected a single bean, as if the appearance might give him some indication of the flavor contained within it. The only way to know was to try it. Upon popping the bean into his mouth, he soon discovered the accuracy of their claim. "Ugh!" He winced visibly, face contorted in disgust. This was unlike any candy he had ever had before, and he couldn't help but laugh aloud. "I don't even want to know what flavor that one was."

location: seated on the Express With: Alice and Tyrus The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

Tyrus nodded while eating a few beans of jelly and listening to each of them. " Oh it's nothing. Just a spot of jelly flavors is all." He replied in kind while giving a smile in turn to Poppy's thanks after trying one. Then looked toward Patrick as he took a share of jelly beans and seemed inspect the candy like his sister had before trying one out, Tyrus couldn't help but laugh a bit as the boys reaction and mentioning he didn't even want to know of the beans flavor. " Aye, told you some flavors I'd rather avoid myself. They've nearly every flavor you could imagine if not all. Some are right nasty concoctions of jelly bean creation. Right?" The boy chuckled before looking to Alice with a settled chuckle.

He then nodded with a small smile at her mention of flavors and the one she had gotten. While asking after the others and their flavor. "Lime hey? Sounds like a good choice." Tyrus responded thinking over what his first bean was then his second, which his second was much easier to know, while his second was only a guess as he never tasted dirt before. "My first one..... Well... um.. I'd guess it would have to had been Dirt. It was rather nasty but I've never had it before. And my second was much better..... It was Bacon!" The boy spoke up with a grin rather glad to have gotten one of his favorites after the first jelly bean.

Just as he had been talking with Poppy, Alice and Patrick, Tyrus heard a knock at the compartment door with a girl about their age as far as Tyrus could tell and said hello, while asking after the group about joining them in the compartment while she seemingly rocked on her feet.

"Holy Smokes..." He froze with nerves and thought of the odds. In a single day the boy was tested with opportunity to embarrass himself and with his luck he just might ..... "Three in one day?..... What did Poppy say about Adventure again?" Tyrus thought followed by what could be assumed to be a hello, but his lips chattered and voice stuttered a bit before going silent and hand raising to loosen his collar though it was fine, while his threat cleared with a empty swallow.

"Umm... yes, I mean,... I'm sure it would be fine. Right? Yes.. I mean... Umm....." Tyrus finally managed to speak aloud in response. "Adventure and girls? How does it work?" He thought giving a glance of expression such as if questions were left without a clue of a answer to him, toward Poppy. Trying to figure out what in the blazes she meant because now he was in great need of one. A answer or a clue or something to settle his nerves and let him appear normal in front of girls.

"Its... a... yeah it's a squeeze but we can manage." He offered a smile and continued. Though he knew his nerves were not helping him at all nor was his head at this point, all it could think of around girls was fouling up and embarrassing himself in some over thought or clumsy manner.

amxlia amxlia inkling inkling MegMath13 MegMath13

Ripley Holton
Interaction: Lucinda Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 | Johanna explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

A slightly lopsided smile came across Ripley’s face as one of the girls introduced herself, and invited her in. She quickly stepped into the compartment, closing the door behind her and practically throwing herself onto the opposite seats to the other two. Ripley lay back, her head on the seat closest to the window, she then kicked up her long legs so they rested at the other end of the seats, at an angle on the wall, making her look like a oddly shaped L. Tilting her head to the side, she faced the girl who’d spoken to her.

“Lucinda? That’s a really cool name!” Ripley said, animatedly. Her hands fidgeted a little, running across the material of the seats and toying with her clothes. She took a moment to appraise her new companions, as her mind raced to find something to say. Lucinda was a short, thin girl with oddly pale skin. The other girl looked more around her own height, with long red hair and a smattering of freckles. “So, do either of you know what it’s like at Hogwarts? I was told it’s like nothing you’ve seen before.” Ripley’s mind grasped onto some common ground all three had. Their new school. It was an easy subject to discuss with them, and since she hadn't much practice at speaking to anyone her age, it seemed to stick.

“Do you guys know what house you’ll be in.?” she scrunched up her face at her own words, quickly adding, as if to herself “Well, the house you think you’ll be in.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edward Holton
Interaction: Chris Yarrow Yarrow

tumblr_nmdrghwWzf1qahdmvo1_250.gif
Edward sat in relative silence, only the noise of the train’s wheels, and the scratch of his quill broke the quiet of the compartment. His hand scribbled across the parchment in front of him, writing in an elaborate, cramped calligraphy style. An inkwell hovered in the air beside him, undisturbed bar the occasional tap of the quill on its rim.

When he heard the door slide open, Edward didn’t move his head, only his eyes, glancing up for a cursory inspection of the individual who’d entered. He was a young, well groomed man, too old to be a student who’d lost their way. So a fellow teacher. Edward’s eyes returned to his paper, continuing to scribble for several seconds after the other man sat down, not returning his greeting just yet. With a deliberate hand, he placed his quill down at his side and closed the lid to his inkwell, returning it to its place with his folder. Finally, he looked up at Chris, offering him a tight, but genuine smile, a slight inclination of the head as acknowledgment.

“Hello. You will have to forgive me, but I do not believe I know you.” Edward’s words were clipped and stony. Not out of dislike for Chris, simply the man's way. He looked at Chris for a moment before continuing, "Am I correct in assuming you are to be one of m colleagues this coming year? If so, I am pleased to meet you. I am Holton, Edward Holton."

Chris

Christ stepped into the apartment, he noticing another person sitting also there. The man had a special voice what sounded not really friendly, but Chris knew it was probably the way the man always spoke. The hovering suitcases now moved into the apartment with some small hand movements of Chris.

"Hello, I'm Chris, Chris VanDam, nice to meet you" Chris sat down in front of the older man "What will you be teaching? This'll be my first year as associate teacher Charms before I probably continue on"

Chris inspected the man, the suit he got was stylish, they probably wouldn't become that good friends because of the age difference

Lucinda looked over towards Johanna when the she mentioned the robes made 'feel like a kid on Halloween'. She had to admit that she saw Johanna's point having snuck out the house a few times to go trick or treating with her muggle friend. Funny thing was that both wizards and muggles seemed to love Halloween but stranger still had very similar ways to celebrate. However Lucinda noticed Johanna take a picture frame out of her bag seeing just a glimpse she guessed it was her parents. Poor girl must be feeling so home sick Lucinda thought to herself. Shuffling a bit closer to Johanna so she could offer some comfort to Johanna if she needed it but, she quickly stopped once Johanna put the picture away. Clearly she would be ok for now so Lucinda just stayed put not wanting to overstep her friends boundaries.

When Johanna asked about the kid with a P on his chest Lucinda tried to think about the best way to phrase exactly what a prefect, "They are called prefects and its their job to set an example for us. Also they tell the teachers everything so don't do anything to get into trouble if one of them is around. Basically all they do is spoil all the fun." Lucinda said all this as she watched Johanna pick a jelly bean from the box wondering if she got a good one. However that was quickly answered when Johanna spat it out as quickly as it went in. Chuckling at how funny it was Lucinda stopped as soon as Johanna loudly asked for an explanation sounding a bit angry at least in Lucinda's mind, "Th..they are ev...every flavour jelly beans.. even the bad ones. I'm sorry." Lucinda couldn't spit out the words fast enough stumbling on her words as she teared up a bit not expecting to be shouted at.

(Appearance: silver highlights)

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten and Volfy Volfy and Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Elodie Blythe Scamander
2FoKYnT.jpg
L4hiO5y.jpg
j23PK7L.jpg
uTjIuUE.jpg
ϟ
location: home - compartment two | scenario: "the trolley and new friends" | with: susanna, kliff, clay, and leonidas | tags: Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno , @AKKaleb , avira avira , n u n c h i n u n c h i
Although Elodie seemed to have a mind of her own and tended to ramble often at mostly anything and everything considering how energetic she is, she was also a good listener, especially when making new friends. She wanted to know almost everything and anything about the new friends she managed to get acquainted with. Elodie felt as if she was the luckiest girl on the planet since she was able to meet such extraordinary people like herself and actually get along with them. With a wide smile, Elodie tilted her head to the side, waiting on Kliff, Clay, and Susanna to respond to Susanna's earlier question on the House they wanted to be in.

As she waited, Elodie fiddled around in her seat, petting Bagheera now and then only to hear a soft humming. Furrowing her brows, Elodie shook her head, believing she was just hearing things considering the train was loud already just by moving, so she must have been hearing things, right? Nevertheless, her attention went to the trolley lady as she was leaving their compartment. Not forgetting her manners, Elodie yelled a 'thank you' to the woman, but not before her attention was drawn on a male. Her eyes lit up like a child on Christmas day at the new person that appeared at their door. "Hello! I'm Elodie!" She exclaimed loudly and cheerfully, only to tilt her head to the side, looking around to see if there was room for the new boy to sit. Looking towards Clay, Elodie asked, "Do you think we can squeeze Lee Hong in here? I always heard the more the merrier! But, I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable. If anything, I am really okay with standing!" She suggested, hoping Kliff, Clay, and Susanna wouldn't mind an extra person.

But, when Lee Hong had mentioned he had fallen asleep and didn't know what was going on, Elodie giggled softly, shaking her head, "Do you always sleep a lot? I know Maman always tells me that I'm like a wild horse, prancing in the meadows, so does that make you a sleepy cat like Bagheera?" She asked him, not before holding Bagheera up for him to see her half serval, half kneazle cat. "And what do you mean magic is 'all new to you'?" Elodie questioned, tilting her head to the side before realization dawned on her, "Oh wait! You must be. . . born from a non-magical family, was it? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me, or rather, us!" She finished with a wide smile, putting Bagheera down.

However, before anything else could be said, she noticed an older male walking through the compartment, including theirs to tell them to change into their robes as they were almost at Hogwarts. At the mention of being near school, Elodie's heart raced, adrenaling pumping through her veins as she couldn't contain her excitement, "I can't wait to be at Hogwarts! I really really want to explore the school grounds! There's got to be a lot of adventures there! What about you guys? Do you have any plans on what you want to do? I know I want to roam around the castle, searching for any mystery the school has to offer!"

Last edited:
Natalie Marie Winchester
7311Gm3.jpg
SvrHZfe.jpg
IjkWoAw.jpg
zEq4Vim.png
ϟ
location: home - compartment four | mood: intrigued | with: guinevere, satorious, and jack | tags: avira avira , The Silent Z The Silent Z , @AKKaleb
Smiling softly at hearing that both Jack and Satyr wouldn't mind taking a wager on who would become the winner of the Qudditch match, Natalie nodded, using this chance as a way to brush up on her divination. However, her eyes went towards Guinevere, "Would it be rude of me if I asked for a strand of your hair?" Natalie spoke politely and gently before turning her attention towards both Jack and Satyr, "And the same favor would be ask of the both of you as well." Hearing a slight "mew" from Apollo, Natalie turned towards him, eyeing him as Satyr seemed to paying him a lot of attention as the bloody cat seemed to love the spotlight. Shaking her head, Natalie sighed, "Satyr, why are you amusing the little one? It is obvious he loves the attention. Do not let him get a bigger ego than he does now." She said, slightly jabbing him, yet at the same time concern for her mangy feline as it was already hard for her to find him, much less, take care of him as he was such a picky feline.

But, it is but fate that brought me to this compartment, do you not believe that? I woke up this morning thinking of how my day would go, and by the stars, they have said 'an old meeting would adjourn combined with that of a new one'. So, here I am, I like to believe Apollo was merely my guide." She softly laughed, responding to Satyr's earlier musing of Apollo leading her into the compartment where he, Jack, and Guinevere were. Tilting her head to the side, Natalaie furrowed her brows, "A new place, Satyr? What of the old one?" She asked curiously before sighing, "It has been months since I was able to get a correct premonition! One moment I was chasing a wild goose chase and the next moment I was so close to catching what it was the tea leaves wanted me to know. But, it was faulty as the ones we have been on last year. Apollo on the other hand had an amazing summer, being fed the greatest most expensive food a feline could get." Natalie shook her head, waving off the disappointment before taking out one of her divination books.

Looking at Jack and Guinevere, Natalie sat upright once more, "Do you believe in predictions?" But, before another word could be said, a knock was on the door as the person announced them to change into their robes. Blinking, Natalie nodded politely, thanking him. With a small hum, Natalie smiled towards the three of them, "I believe that is my cue to get into uniform. Would you like to come with me, Guinevere? I know there is usually a line to change into robes, but I figure it would be nice to have someone to accompany even if the space is small?" Natalie asked softly, a little nervous but got up from her seat. "Oh, beware of the Nargles, they like to steal things." At that, Natalie made her way out the door, looking back to see if Guinevere was coming or not before heading down the aisle.

Last edited:
img-thing
img-thing
img-thing
ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah grinned and walked inside the compartment taking a seat on the floor in front of the window. "Sorry, I didn't introduce myself, My name is Alannah Grayson. What house do you hope to be in?" She asked after introducing herself, she hoped that it hadn't been awkward.
The boy that had told her she could sit down seemed to be very nervous but she didn't push conversation she was only curious. She wanted to be in the same house as her older brother but she'd be happy with Ravenclaw or as a last resort Hufflepuff. She didn't want to be a Slytherin and she didn't think she had the personality of someone in Slytherin but she could be wrong.
" Bertie Botts every flavor beans?"
She hoped that she would be able to make some friends and maybe she'd be able to make something out of herself. She sat there still making the sparks come out of her wand. He kitten was now chasing. Them around the compartment.

house: Unsorted | location: Train |
mood: happy, nervous, excited | with: Tyrus, Poppy, Patrick and Alice | tags: The Silent Z The Silent Z inkling inkling amxlia amxlia

LEO LEO LEO LEO LEO LEo
Leonidas Hong
"Hello! I'm Elodie!" brought Leo back to Earth. He smiled and waved.

"Nice to meet ya, Elodie!" Leo exclaimed happily. 'Whew at least she's nice' Leo thought to himself, as Elodie looked around to find a place for him to sit. "No, no don't worry about me! I'm quite alright with standing anyways. You've been too nice to me already haha," Leo said quickly shaking his head and waving his hands. "I need to wake myself up more anyways, and standing really helps with it." He quickly finished. After all, they just met, and he was the one who intruded into their compartment. He quickly drummed the outside of his leg when she asked if he slept like a cat. Leo laughed loudly. "I guess you could say that haha! Oh, your cat is awesome, I wouldn't mind being compared to him," Leo answered meeting the cat's eyes. He was overcome with the desire to just pet Bagheera, but Elodie quickly put him down.

Leo rubbed the back of his neck when she asked if he was from a non-wizarding family. He almost forgot many of the kids on the train had parents who prepared them to get accepted into Hogwarts. A tinge of jealousy passed through him but was quickly stamped out when Elodie promised to help him out. "Really?? You guys are awesome!" He said before winking. "I think I'll definitely take you up on that!" A wave of relief passed through him as he became more comfortable. At least now he had a friend in this strange, new place. A feeling of excitement settled right in.

In the corner of his eye, Leo saw a flash of bright red hair. The older boy who passed said something about approaching the school and then to change into his robes. Huh? Leo scratched his chin, trying to remember what the uniform consisted of. It was actually pretty different than what he was used to back in non-magic school. First, there was a robe and then a hat? Weird. He shook his head quickly.

Suddenly Elodie started talking about her excitement. Leo felt that same rush of adrenaline pass through him. Oh man, seeing her excitement made him feel excited. Leo cracked his knuckles as he responded to her question. "Really? I've never heard about Hogwarts before that letter. If you say there's a lot of mystery, my first goal is to explore. You can't believe how nervous I am, though, since I've never gone. I hope we get placed in the same class or something? I'm not exactly sure how we're divided but I'm excited either way, hah! What kind of cool magical kinda things will I be able to see? Or learn?!" He quickly exclaimed, and soon blushed, realizing he was speaking loudly and actually really quickly. It was always hard to speak at a "normal" speaking level and pace. Loud and fast was his normal after all. "Sorry, hah," He said, rubbing his neck sheepishly. Jumping quickly to another mood, Leo rubbed his chin. There was so much stuff to learn. He felt insanely curious, wondering what was there to look forward to at Hogwarts. His eyes suddenly lighted up. What if there were dragons? He rubbed his hands together. This was the world of magic; anything could exist. He starting vibrating in place a little, thinking about all the amazing adventures that were in store for him.
Status
Mood : Excited!
Outfit : Sweats and a red track jacket X
Interractions : Susanna, Elodie, Kliff, and Clay
Mentions : Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno deer deer @AKKaleb

tumblr_ohyo4rC3Jq1rpgullo9_250.gif
tumblr_ohyo4rC3Jq1rpgullo7_250.gif

Guinevere Holmes

tumblr_inline_od36r9LGkp1tw2m0e_250.gif
tumblr_inline_od36pwpW701tw2m0e_250.gif

Gwen grinned at Jack. "My name? Oh, it's Holmes. Guinevere. Guinevere Holmes. Or, Gwen, if you like." Gwen thought she could hear a small snicker from Sartorious and gave him a sharp look to shut him up.

Hours later, a knock came at the compartment door. A second red headed boy poked in, mentioning something about changing into robes. Gwen made no mistake this time. It was Charlie Weasley, captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team. He smiled at Gwen in greeting which made her instantly tense up. With a nod, he left and slid the compartment door closed behind him.

Finally feeling like she could breathe, Gwen exhaled a sigh of relief. She shot Sartorious another knowing glare. "Don't," was all she warned, under her breath.

Natalie's offer to change robes with Gwen was unexpected. Gwen stared at her as she left, unused to the politeness the girl had for a member of her rival house. Quickly, Gwen reached up, grabbed her bag, and followed Natalie out the compartment door. They walked together to a small women's room at the end of the car. "So, uh, why did you want a strand of my hair?" she asked, in a slightly awkward attempt to stir up conversation.

location: ladies room on HE | mood: trying to offer an awkward olive branch | interactions: deer deer @AKKaleb The Silent Z The Silent Z

the arrival at hogsmeade station

The Arrival
Hogsmeade Station
Your compartment is surprisingly quiet. The four of you sit in your Hogwarts robes in silence, taking in the passing scenery and mentally readying yourselves for your first of many nights at Hogwarts. Your thoughts are interrupted by a voice that echoes through the train. "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

Your stomach lurches with nerves. The face of the girl across from you goes pale under her freckles. You all exchange nervous glances with each other before the train begins to slow to a full stop. You can head students on the other side of the compartment door rushing in one direction. You slide it open and merge into the flow of students exiting the train. As you shuffle through the crowd, you see your fellow students pushing their way towards the doors and onto a tiny, dark platform.

The cold night air makes you shiver. You realize suddenly that you aren't sure what to do now that you've arrived. In the hustle and bustle of the disembarkation, you'd gotten separated from your new friends. The conductor said you were arriving at Hogwarts, but this station didn't look like the Hogwarts you'd heard so much about. If you strained your eyes, you could see the castle out in the distance, across a lake. Were you meant to follow the stream of students headed in a different direction?

A lamp comes bobbing over the heads of other students. You recognize the girl with freckles who was sitting across from you. She stares at the man holding the lamp, seemingly in awe of his size and stature. His boisterous voice booms over all the students with a gruff warmth. "Firs' years! Firs' years over here!"

1441130072-tumblr-mfr8ykndgp1qmt5mvo1-500.gif
All first years must gather around Hagrid. He will lead them down the path and to the boats once everyone is gathered. Feel free to have your characters chat amongst themselves for a few posts before we head out. Older students will be taking the classic Hogwarts Carriages pulled by thestrals up to the castle. RP that out as you like, and ride with whoever you like (in realistic numbers, of course). Once we have arrived, first years will wait just outside the hall to begin to sorting ceremony. Older years can go ahead and seat themselves at their respective tables to await the sorting ceremony.

• The train ride had been long, through the outskirts of London, past farms and towns until finally only wild countryside was left. It had made for a pleasant journey but the movement of the train had lulled the young child asleep until he awoke with a start as one of the prefects had said to change. He had done so and gone back to sleep, only to wake again when the train slowed to a stop and people began opening their compartment doors, coming out into the aisles and heading for the station on this cold September night though he wouldn't realize it until he had entered the station himself. He heard the conductor saying to leave all belongings and pets within the compartments and that they would be delivered to the school, so he left the compartment with the few other students who he had ridden the train with and followed the tide of students through the aisles and out to the platform.

The wind was nippy and he hugged the cloak he wore tigher around himself though he wasn't sure how he was supposed to be able to keep warm in a robe and a cloak. Students milled on the platform before gradually making their way to either the horseless carriages on a dirt path or to a giant man who was shouting for the first years...as he approached the man appeared huge. With a scraggly wild beard and small beatle black eyes, Nishant wasn't afraid to admit he was frighened of the man and hung back with some of the other first years who were crowding together against the cold.

*All charries are open*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back