• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ ✶

• Nishant followed the other first years towards down through the dark, feeling the earth slope downwards and guessed they were on a hill though it was hard to tell in the darkness with no real light to see by except for the light of the lantern that the huge man carried. He heard the man say that they would get their first glimpse of Hogwarts in a moment, and across the water he could see a huge building lit by...well he wasn't sure but there were lights that lit up the windows. Was this what having a home was supposed to feel like? He wasn't sure since he had been unwanted from birth by his understanding. The Indian boy shrugged and pulled his cloak tighter about him in hopes of dispelling the cold for a time, his teeth chattering in the cold as he stumbled his way downward. Soon the man said that they would have to get into boats and it was then that his eyes were taken from the castle across the water towards the boats bobbing at the shore. He stumbled into a boat, nearly falling into the water, but managed to catch himself in the darkness and looked to see a girl who was in the boat with him, another first year. explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Tyrus Zanewood

He sat quietly in the boat awaiting the trip to the castle for Sorting into houses. Thinking on the conversation he had with that girl from earlier in the train compartment they shared with Poppy, Patrick and Alice. The girls name was Alannah and they talked about houses and which they were going to be sorted into or which they wanted to get into. Since then each of the squad left the express and wandered to their boats, Tyrus starting to ponder Hogwarts, where he could hide out and play his music, what new spells he could learn and what classes he would be taking this year. But as time passed and thoughts moved around in passing, he noticed over the voice of Hagrid a voice and presence approach him.

It was the girl from earlier joining him in the boat, she was getting on the boat right after him and sat at the front end of the boat as it wobbled back and forth. Hearing her speak softly about Hagrid and how tall he was , he smiled a bit and nodded gently in reply before speaking. "Yeah... like a giant or something huh? I think my dad and mum spoke of him when they went to Hogwarts. I can't remember much though, save for he was a gentle guy and big. Half giant I think?" He spoke with a blink and memory recalling look about him. Almost blank for a moment as he thought about his knowledge about Hagrid that his parents once told him.

Honestly they told him plenty of stories growing up, it was like tradition of nightly or least weekly fashion pending the schedule. A fond bunch of memories for Tyrus.

MegMath13 MegMath13
Sartorious Warbeck

The boy couldn't help but smile wide in proud and happy expression hearing Evans response to his ideas. It sure gave him a boost to see they were good ideas and being told he could make for a good captain when his time came, while hearing her joke about running her out of the position.
"Glad you like them. Wasn't sure how you'd feel about input and faster pace, wild maneuvers and new stuff like those tactics I started off with, plenty of them after a busy summer working." He smiled with a smaller grin and nodded in Thanks of her speaking highly of him like that.

He then listened to her and chuckled along. Honestly that sounded good to him, he couldn't remember the last loud party like get together he went to and was apart.
"I'd bet. But sounds like a blast!" He chuckled in response. "You can thank my mom for that one! She wouldn't use her magic to do it. Said I wasn't going to learn nothing this offseason and while I would be illegal of age, I'd learn from my dad about doing and fixing things the muggles way. Bloody hell.... I Think she's just using that for a excuse to make me work." Sartorious joked along with a laugh and shaking his head, though he wouldn't put it past his mother to try things like that, anything to keep her son busy. "Always ensuring I'm following rules and keeping out of trouble, I tell ya. But yeah! Any workout will get us fit and ready to dominate this year. I feel we've got great chances this year! Jack agreed too during the train here." Sartorious added in agreement. He was noticing Evan was more open it seemed, the ones she saw as friends seem to open up her speech and free herself from holding back her personality perhaps? Truth be told aroud friends did bring more comfort and less guarded moments for everybody, including Sartorious.

amxlia amxlia

SidneySidney tried not to show his discomfort at Natalie's inspecting gaze. He abhorred being studied by people, he assumed it was due to his sister who would do the same thing as the blonde seer before him now. But he knew other people had a knack for reading people too. As he fought not to irritatedly squirm under her gaze Sidney was struck by how prom and proper she was as well as how she thought. He had met many people with airs like hers but with Natalie it made it seem a little more mystical he thought. Though he hardly knew her of course, but still, he could draw his own conclusions from this carriage ride.

Tilting a head at her response to quip Sidney made a thoughtful frown, going still in his sit for a moment. Then he gave her a slightly brow-furrowed look. He didn't ask but he wondered if, by her logic, what she would have done had he refused. Sidney ignored the part where she mentioned making everyone feel heard and important. Something about half of what she said rubbed his stiff mind wrong. He elected to ignore the past moments and focused on the new conversation. Petting Fig as he listened to Natalie introduce herself Sidney dipped his head. He of course, had known who she was. He couldn't say the same about the other Slytherin in the carriage. He didn't recognize the boy, nor did he know what year he was. But that wasn't a big surprise.

At the question about what hey we're looking forward to Sidney adjusted himself in his seat, listening halfheartedly to the two of them. He didn't want the consequences of his being silent and ignoring the other two during the ride. For all his parents had taught him he had held to the manners. So he ran a hand through his already atrociously messed up hair, feeling the slight curls tug between his fingers before adding a small bit to the conversation. Just to keep up appearances he told himself.

"Looking forward to Quidditch myself. But I think History of Magic and Ancient Studies might be interesting this year." He kept his voice at its usual indifferent tone. It was the specific voice he used when not familiar with his company, or indifferent to them. In this case it was the former. Unfortunately, this tone of voice was what one could call his normal tone as it was so often used in the company of his Slytherin elitist group and made him sound aloof and self important. If Sidney came to at all care about his own image and not others he might hate the way he spoke but as it was, the only issue he saw was that he might have to pull his way out of his "friends" bad graces for associating with these people.

As Fig explored Sidney's shoulder and head the troubled boy tried to relax again. He had become so during the brief time alone with Evan and fought to go back to that unfamiliar feeling. His usual group was no where to be seen and he wouldn't have to worry about that. Besides, anything that happened conversation wise in here with these other slytherins couldn't damage his reputation much at all. Sidney pulled himself halfway out of the carriage's conversation to reassure himself of all these things. Life was easier when he was home Sidney realized sadly, and the first day back into the social network of Hogwarts was more difficult than he remembered in the past. "Merlin I hope this ends soon." He thought piteously to himself as he looked briefly out the carriage door and then turned his attention back to Michael and Natalie.

| deer deer scorpiodragon scorpiodragon | Mood: worried, curious, feigned indifference |

Alice Montgomery

Having gotten out to the boats rather late because of some complications with getting her cat to stop clawing at the poor teacher trying to take his cage from the train. Alice had rushed over to the teacher, whom she then learned was the charms professor, and had offered to just take the cat with her onto the boats. Zeppelin calmed down almost immediately once in her arms, though was rather annoyed by her having to jog a bit to catch up with the group heading down towards the boats. Looking around for a moment she spotted TJ and a girl who had come in to talk earlier in a boat, and figured it was a safe bet that she would be welcomed there. Approaching the boat, she stepped in carefully as to not fall out of the boat or drop her precious cat, but once she was in she immediately was a fiery ball of energy again.

"Can you believe it? We're here," she said, excitement almost radiating off of Alice in waves," there was a giant and magic carriages, and the school is a castle. The wizarding world is so cool!"

Someone might have to interrupt her to get Alice to stop talking. When she was excited the girl tended to talk in a fashion her parents referred to as like a motorboat's engine- speedy and never stopping.

The Silent Z The Silent Z MegMath13 MegMath13

Evan Jackson

She had laughed and nodded with a smile along to Sartorious' story and couldn't help but smile a bit brighter when he brought up Jack. The third hufflepuff Sartorious spoke of had been a long time friend of Evans- perhaps not as close as she might've liked, but they were indeed friends. The redhead was also a damned good quiddich player if Evan had ever met one. Most of the Hufflepuff team from her previous year of being captain had been, and they'd welcomed the - albeit younger- captain warmly.

"The rest of the house teams better watch out, Hufflepuff is definitely wiping the field with them this year," she concluded, smiling and seeming to almost stare off into the space between them, lost in a daydream for a moment.

"Speaking of family," she said after snapping back to this reality," how's Tuck doing?"

To Evan, animals were just as much a part of a family as people were, which is why her dog Holly had come to hogwarts with her, with some serious convincing of the headmaster by her parents.

The Silent Z The Silent Z

• img-thing
    img-thing
    img-thing
    ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah had been about to say something back to Tyrus when another girl that she had sat with on the train but she hadn't caught her name. She titled her head as she saw a cat in the girls arms, and she smiled softly. Tiger didn't have a cage so she had stowed him away in her cloak pocket.
    "Yeah he seems like he could be a giant or maybe half giant. My brother told me about him said that he was a nice person." She said to Tyrus before turning to The girl that had gotten onto the boat "Awe your cat's so cute, what's its name?" She said
    She looked at the lake and bit down on her lip, it was dark and as she looked up at the sky she could see a few clouds starting to cover the moon.

house: Unsorted | location: hogwarts | scenario: arriving at Hogwarts
    mood: happy, nervous, excited | with: Alice and Tyrus| tags The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia
    coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

Alice Montgomery

Her attention was snapped to the blonde from earlier and she smiled at the reference to her cat.

"Oh! This is Zeppelin, like the band," she enthused, sure that they had to know of one of the greatest bands in the world, even if the band was a muggle one. Then again, that was just the opinion of Alice.

Zeppelin looked up at his owner then over to Alannah with what could almost be considered a smile. Wriggling forward in Alice's grasp, he sniffed at Alannah's fingers curiously. The little siamise mix was definitely one for exploring everything. If he were a person Alice was sure he'd be a Ravenclaw.

MegMath13 MegMath13

• Nishant followed the other first years towards down through the dark, feeling the earth slope downwards and guessed they were on a hill though it was hard to tell in the darkness with no real light to see by except for the light of the lantern that the huge man carried. He heard the man say that they would get their first glimpse of Hogwarts in a moment, and across the water he could see a huge building lit by...well he wasn't sure but there were lights that lit up the windows. Was this what having a home was supposed to feel like? He wasn't sure since he had been unwanted from birth by his understanding. The Indian boy shrugged and pulled his cloak tighter about him in hopes of dispelling the cold for a time, his teeth chattering in the cold as he stumbled his way downward. Soon the man said that they would have to get into boats and it was then that his eyes were taken from the castle across the water towards the boats bobbing at the shore. He stumbled into a boat, nearly falling into the water, but managed to catch himself in the darkness and looked to see a girl who was in the boat with him, another first year. explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

• img-thing
    img-thing
    img-thing
    ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah smiled back at the cat gently touching it at that moment Tiger decided it was an opportune time to pop his orange and black stripped self out of her cloak pocket onto her lap. He looked inquisitively at the other feline and prodded at him with his paw.
    "Oh his name is just perfect, that's a really good band. Oh this is Tiger, he's about 6 weeks old. How old is Zeppelin?" She said enthusiasticly waiting for the boats to start moving "Tyrus do you have any pets?"

mood: happy, nervous, excited | with: Alice and Tyrus| tags The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

Last edited:

Tyrus Zanewood

"Hey Alice" Tyrus spoke with a smile noticing her siamese cat along with her on the boat. He then turned back toward Alannah not intending to sound rude or anything as he greeted Alice upon her arrival to the boat. "So your brother went here as well or does? I'd imagine he knows a load of stories about Hogwarts. My Mum and Dad used to tell me stories of when they attended. It was like a weekly tradition." He commented in response and asking after her brother. When Alice spoke of her excitement Tyrus nodded in agreement and offered a smile. Truly the boy was excited if nervous as the sorting was a bit audience paired leading to spotlights being placed on the one being sorted at the turn they were called. Tj wasn't one to handle staged settings well rather preferring a behind the scenes role for himself. It was why he found spots to hide out when he played his music and tried to sing without notice of others catching him. "Exciting and cool indeed." He quickly added to reply and agree with more then his nod.

He then listened to Alannah and Alice speak to one another about their cats. Offering his attention while listening without interrupting them. His manners perked up with a proud smile and nod in saying yes to Alannah as she spoke.
"Nice choice in names. Led Zeppelin is awesome and tigers too." He started off and then gave a pause before answering Alannahs question with a more solid reply. "I do.... Chuckles doesn't fit the schools animal code though. But he's a great dog, a English bulldog In fact. A tad lazy at times but loyal, fun and bursting with his personality when he's in the mood. Follows me everywhere when he can too..." Tj grinned even though he would have loved to bring his chuckles with him to Hogwarts. The bulldog was always capable of putting a smile on Tyruss face when he was down.

amxlia amxlia MegMath13 MegMath13

Sartorious Warbeck

The time was passing well. The pair of Hufflepuffs laughing, smiling and enjoying one another's company as they spoke of family and quidditch. Sartorious even noticed Evans smile brighten as he mentioned Jack the teams sixth year, the two must have had quite the friendship Sartorious imagined as she was welcomed as Captian and he seemed cool with it all despite his chances for it. They weren't looked upon as a house to be so skilled and capable, but Sartorious knew they had a lot of skilled players on the team and even during a bad showing, loss or a win they'd still hold their heads up high, take it well with good sportsmanship and move forward with a positive attitude and effort. The team was more like a second family when you nought about it as wins and losses, hardships and great moments were experienced together throughout the quidditch season. Least that's how some could look at it Sartorious had, as the team just seemed close knit.

When Evan mentioned Tuck and asked after him. Sartorious smiled and couldn't help but chuckle as she did and he thought about his beloved owl. "Still a reliable troublemaker and full of fun. I'd say he's learned how to respond sarcastically if I didn't know better. But he's doing great! Thanks!" Sartorious added with a grin. Keeping himself in the good mood he was in and a smile on his face to show it. Being the first day of the new school year and quidditch season coming up, it was difficult not to smile for him. "What about you? A corgi named holly yeah?" He asked with a interested return question. Truthfully he always did love animals and seem to get along with most that he met. If you were to ask his closest and best friend, Natalie, he spoiled her Apollo with attention and often did with animals he knew and would let him. "I'd imagine she loved the summer with all your siblings around."

amxlia amxlia

Aberdeen Higgins

The train ride had been long and quiet for Aberdeen. At some point, she had fallen asleep in a compartment that she had to herself for most of the train, except for the occasional student popping their head in to see who was occupying it. By the time she had woken up, students were already exiting the train and she had yet to change into her robes. She scrambled to throw them on, before dashing out of her compartment after the last bit of students left on the train. She hurried across the platform outside, struggling slightly in the darkness to find the rest of the first years. But once she heard the booming voice of who she assumed must be Hagrid (the haf giant who was the gamekeeper, according to Minnie and Ethan) speaking of 'first years' and 'come with me', she followed the voice off the platform and down a rather steep, poorly lit path down a slope. She finally reached the bottom of the path and was greeted by the edge of a lake and a group of small boats floating in the water. Realizing that the first years were filling the boats, she picked one at random that a boy with blonde-ish hair and two girls, one with long blonde hair and the other with very short brown hair. She clambered into the boat, unaware of the bags under eyes from her previous nap on the train and the red imprint on her cheek from the window she'd been leaning her head on, and settled down into her seat. She remained quiet as the other three continued their conversation, preferring to listen rather than engage.
The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia MegMath13 MegMath13

Ethaniel Higgins

It was almost subconscious, the walk from the train to the carriages. Ethaniel had done it so many times, been through the same steps, it was like muscle memory. He didn't even have to direct his body to do it, it just did. When he reached the carriages, he saw one with an empty seat and a familiar face. Nathan, a fellow Gryffindor, and a girl who bore a Ravenclaw house crest on her robes, who was sure his twin probably knew. He opened the door to the carriage and shared a bright smile with both of them, nodding politely at Nathan. Taking his seat, he furrowed his eyebrows trying to decide what their conversation was about. It seemed to be a bit gloomy, in all honesty, and much to Ethan's dismay. He wasn't one to deal with much doom and gloom. And he surely did not want to listen to a load of it on the trip to the castle. The school year was beginning,;this was supposed to be a happy time. He decided to greet Nathan, hoping that they wouldn't feel interrupted. "Hello, Nathan. I hope your holidays were well?" He gave the boy another kind smile as he thumped him on the back in a friendly gesture. Then he turned his attention to the Ravenclaw, seeing her more clearly now that he was in the carriage. She had long blonde hair and a solemn sort of look about her. He decided to give her a kind smile as well, deciding that she needed it, and held his hand out to her. "I don't believe we've met before. I'm Ethan, Ethan Higgins. It's a pleasure to meet you."

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon MegMath13 MegMath13

Minuette Higgins

With her nose all but in the binding of a book, Minuette was one of the last students off the train and one of the last students to reach the carriages, walking slowly and without paying any attention to her surroundings. She was reading a rather interesting, in her opinion, book about the twelve uses of dragon's blood that Professor Dumbledore had discovered. It was truly mesmerizing how brilliant the Headmaster was, her Headmaster. How lucky was she to study in the school that was underneath his care and guidance? She finally tore her eyes away from the words as she reached one of the carriages, the closest and most convenient one. There were two Hufflepuffs inside of it whom she had never really spoken to, but it really didn't matter to her. If they were boring, she could simply go back to her reading until they reached the castle. She bent the edge of the page she wasn't on to mark her spot and climbed into the carriage, slipping the book into her robe pocket as she took her seat. Fixing her hair as she politely listened to their friendly conversation, studying their faces to see if she could recognize either of them. She didn't make a lot of friends outside of her own house and a few Gryffindors, thanks to Ethan. The two's bubbly and very friendly interactions were intriguing to Minnie. When people from her own house interacted it was often almost mechanical and words were used precisely and laughs and smiles were used occasionally. These two didn't stop smiling or laughing. How wonderfully odd, Minnie thought to herself, no realizing that she was staring.

The Silent Z The Silent Z amxlia amxlia

Incendio-en-el-comedor-de-Hogwarts_reference.jpg

Hogwart's Arrival

Castle Grounds: Meet and Greets

qXTC5Be.jpg

The fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake which was as smooth as glass. Everyone stared up at the great castle overhead, communicating their excitement with each other only in small whispers. The castle towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff. The students in those boats ducked and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle, until they reached a kind of underground harbor. There, they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

After checking that all students had made it safely out of their boats and left no belongings behind, Hagrid led the first years up a flight of stone steps and crowded them around the huge, oak front door. "Everyone here?" He made a motion with his hand as if he began to count but then gave up halfway through. Hagrid turned and raised a gigantic fist to knock three times on the castle door.

1443023761-professor-minerva-mcgonagall-professor-mcgonagall-7083850-852-357.jpg

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very stern face that told you she was not one to be crossed.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid as he gestured to the flock behind him.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

She pulled the door wide. The entrance hall was so immense, it was almost intimidating. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches that revealed a number of moving portraits. A magnificent marble staircase faced the students, its steps leading up towards a ceiling that was too high to make out.

Professor McGonagall gestured for the students to follow her and they did. They crossed the flagged stone floor, past a door to the right that was reverberating with the sound hundreds of voices chattering away. The rest of the school was in there, awaiting the Sorting Ceremony (and thereby start-of-term feast) to begin. Instead of going through, Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty chamber off the hall. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than they would usually have done, peering about nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," greeted Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes, in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly." She warned, eyeing a disruptive student who had the nerve to still speak as she was speaking.

Soon, she left the first years in their chamber.

latest

Something made the students in the back of the small room jump. A few of them squealed, one girl even shrieked. Gasps filled the room.

About twenty ghosts streamed through the back wall. Pearly-white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking to one another and hardly glancing at the first years. They seemed to be arguing about something.

A fat little monk was saying, "Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance -"

"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves?" interjected one of the ghosts whose head seemed to be tilting a bit off his neck. "He's not really even a ghost!" chimed in another who wore a ruff and tights. A fourth ghost, a lady with a large, flowing dress, stopped them and pointed at the first years.

"I say, what are you all doing here?" asked the ghost with all the ruffles and what was clearly a wig.

"New students!" exclaimed the Fat Friar, smiling around at them.

"About to be sorted, I suppose" Sir Nicholas answered.

The Fat Friar swirled around a group of first years before stopping in front of one child. "I hope to see you in Hufflepuff, my dear."

1443023761-professor-minerva-mcgonagall-professor-mcgonagall-7083850-852-357.jpg

"Move along now," said a sharp voice. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start." With Professor McGonagall's return, one by one, each of the ghosts floated away through the walls.

"Now, form a line," she told the first years, "and follow me to the Great Halls."
GM's Note
Hello everyone! So I know this post is very long, but I promise it was all important! We have made the introductions of Professor McGonagall and the Ghost! The Sorting has NOT happened yet! This GM post is merely the students arriving at Hogwarts and getting settled into the castle grounds!

To the first years: You will be following exactly what is written in this GM post! So please have your post written accordingly to what has been written here! Write your character's reaction, thoughts, etc. during this stage of arriving to Hogwarts, meeting Professor McGonagall and the Ghosts!

To the other years: You will be able to head to the Great Hall! Feel free to have your characters head to their respective tables to mingle and eat!

tags: avira avira , The Silent Z The Silent Z , deer deer , amxlia amxlia , @AKKaleb , ichthys ichthys , scorpiodragon scorpiodragon , MegMath13 MegMath13 , sarahmickey98 sarahmickey98 , explosiveKitten explosiveKitten , Volfy Volfy , Armorath Armorath , Abendrot Abendrot , Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002 , n u n c h i n u n c h i , Yarrow Yarrow , Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf , inkling inkling

Last edited:

• The girl who was in the boat when he had stumbled into it said nothing and didn't acknowlede the Indian native as the boats filled and finally began sailing across the surface of the Black Lake, the students shivering within the cold winds that blew past and huddling in on themselves, Nishant being one of the few exceptions as he awaited the place where he would live for most of the year, only going back to the orphanage during the holiday breaks and the summer. The eleven-year-old listened as the tall man said that they would be seeing Hogwarts in a moment and he couldn't help the gasp that escaped him as they rounded a bend in the lake and there stood Hogwarts on a cliff next to them, the towers and windows glimmering with lights, a dark and silent forest on the opposite bank, past the Quidditch Pitch where students from years two to seven would be able to play, students from each of the four houses making up a team to win something called the Quidditch Cup at the end of the year, though Nishant had not researched Quidditch when he had been trying to learn about the wizarding world and the politics and holidays that governed it, he had gotten some more books than required so he could understand this strange world of magick.

The boats drifted by the school, one student falling into the ocean only for a long tentacle to come up and put the child back into the boat. As htey docked they were told to duck their heads so they wouldn't hit the low hanging rock face of the hidden harbor, a curtain of ivy hanging over the entrance and sailed to a stone floor, the lake extending underground and a series of stone steps and paths leading up from where the boats touched ashore. Nishant scrambled out of the boat he was in with some difficulty and followed the giant of a man and the bobbing lantern he carried, the other first years milling around him as they huddled again together, keeping an eye on the bobbing lanter held aloft before them and ahead of them, up the twisting paths and stairs until they reached a set of oaken doors which the giant man knocked upon with a large meaty fist, bigger than Nishant's own head.

The doors were opened by an intimidating woman, dressed in an emerald green robe, pointed hat and glasses on her nose. She seemed a stern looking woman, reminding him of the matron at the orphanage he lived within and it made him cower under her presence...he just knew she wouldn't take any sass and might punish if needed, just like madam did back where he lived before this magical world and where he would likely remain until he reached adulthood in the muggle world, whenever that was...eighteen to twenty. They were led into an antechamber off the entrance hall and listened to a speech about the four houses and the houses being like a family. Nishant couldn't help the disbelieving snort that came out of his mouth, family was nothing. He also thought the woman was being biased with the order of the houses she spoke of, noticing the slight sneer in her voice when she mentioned the houses of Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

She left, telling them to smarten up and that she would be back for them shortly, again he couldn't think how wrong this was to leave a bunch of children to their own desires and devices in a room within a strange place. Who knew what these so called 'purebloods' would do to the so called 'half bloods' and 'muggleborn' or kids like him who had no family and were of a different ethnicity...what if they tortured him or something? Would anyone care or would the purebloods get off because they came from rich and influential people? At least that is what he gathered from reading about the purebloods...that they were all rich. Ghosts then came out of the wall, making Nishant step back, his face paling at the spirits of the dead as they talked about someone named Peeves and giving him a second chance while others said he had been given enough chances. The one who seemed to be arguing for Peeves was a fat man in a monk's robe. He was quiet as the ghosts then drifted again into a wall when the woman came back and told them to form into lines, the orphan immediately doing so, hiding near the back of one of the lines as students scrambled to do as the woman said. (Open)

SusannaThe smooth lurch of the boats moving across the lake startled Susanna who was occupied listening and interacting with her newfound friends. She beamed excitedly, wriggling a little in her seat. The urge to stick her hand out into the water as they sped along, the inky water lapping at the sides of the boat was hard to ignore. Susanna contented herself with watching the first years around her though, sliding her hands between her knees to quell the temptation.

After they reached the castle Susanna was one of the many who let out gasps or soft exclamations. It was even better than she had imagined. Her heart hammered in her chest as she tilted her head back to squint up at the highest towers of the castle school. She didn't think she could see the top. The moment filled her with exhilaration and she eagerly followed the rush into the castle. As they stood cramped together Susanna gave a few smiles to the children around her, sharing wide eyed looks with the similarly enthusiastic peers. She lifted herself up on the tips of her toes to see over the crowd as the lady approached them. She could barely make out her instructions through the various commotion and her own excitement but she followed the group and managed to find a place in the line.

As she did so she glimpsed the causes of the commotion a few moments prior. The ghosts of Hogwarts! Susanna grinned to herself. She had heard of them from Sidney and her parents. She strained to see more of them but too many people got into her line of vision and they were soon lost. It was then that Susanna remembered the problematic creature called Peeves, Sidney had told her the most about him, most of his letters to her over the past school years had included at least one great excerpt about the pranks done by Peeves. And now she would get to see him go about his mischief with her own eyes! As she stood impatiently waiting she found herself unconsciously humming inanely. She knew that when they started moving forward they would start being sorted and Susanna was excited and slightly apprehensive. "What house will I be put in? What if the hat says I'm Slytherin? What if I'm not?" Susanna knew what her family said, that she probably wouldn't be Slytherin, but that it wouldn't matter because they would still love her no matter what and that all the houses were good in their own right. Still, she wasn't sure where she belonged and she was extremely anxious to speak with the sorting hat. Hopefully it would help her. She hated not having this part of her figured out.
| Open | Mood: excited, apprehensive |

Aberdeen Higgins

It really wasn't very long before the little fleet of boats headed off across the lake towards the castle, but even those brief minutes while they say motionless were unbearable for Aberdeen. She had sat andlistened to the other three in her boat, who all seemed to be friendly with one another, as they joked around and laughed and made silly comments about the castle and the rumors they had heard about the school and what awaited them behind it's great oak doors. With Ethan and Minnie as siblings, their stories of events, teachers, lessons, and castle history left no room to the imagination. Aberdeen didn't feel that her time would be well spent pondering over things that she already knew to be true, according to her siblings, who she blindly decides to trust. In silence, feeling rather awkward and out of place, she tried to sink down into the boat and her robes, hoping to disappear all together as the boats gave a slight lurch and started their smooth journey across the peaceful, black surface of the lake.
Allowing herself to stop being so cynical for a moment, Abby admired the way the castle, in all it's magnificence with it's many towers and turrets, reflected in the water, the many candles or torches, she wasn't sure which, that lit up what seemed to be every window in the castle made the stone look almost golden in the dark. When one allowed one's self to take it all in without a prior thought, it really was transfixing and beautiful beyond compare. For the first time since receiving her letter, she felt the tight and exuberating tension of excitement build in her chest. For so many years she had stood on Platform 9 3/4 with her mother and waved good-bye to her older siblings, left to go home and daydream about the lessons they were learning and the castle they were making their home, and now it would be hers. What adventures lie beyond it's doors and the boundaries of it's grounds for her? Only time could tell.
As they came nearer and nearer to the cliff on which the castle's foundations stood, the half-giant, Hagrid, bellowed over his shoulder for them to all put their heads down. Curious as to why, Aberdeen did as told to find that they were gliding under a curtain of ivy that revealed an opening in the cliff face. With awe, because this was something Ethan and Minnie had failed to mention, she glanced around her, realizing they must be underneath the very bowels of the castle above, a shiver of anticipation went down her spine. When the boats reached the underground harbor, Abby was the last student to exit her little boat, carefully stepping out onto the rocks and standing with the rest of the first years, who were a little less talented at hiding their eagerness. Hagrid led them from the dark, damp harbor up a series of stone steps before they were greeted with a slight breeze and the rolling green grass, now looking black in the night, that covered the school grounds. Before them, much larger than one could even imagine, were the oak doors that led into the castle. He stopped them there, making sure everyone was accounted for before he raised a large fist and pounded on the door three times.
Aberdeen watched along with her fellow classmates as the doors swung open to reveal a rather strict looking woman, she looked like the kind of professor you did not want to cross. Hagrid introduced the first years as such and the woman waved him off, declaring that she'd take them from there. And so, they were passed off to a new adult and they followed after her maybe even more eagerly than they had followed after Hagrid. She led them into a vast entrance hall with stone walls that rose higher than the eye could see, a large marble staircase leading up into the immense school, the torches along the walls illuminating hundreds upon hundreds of paintings with occupants who moved and talked and studied the first years as they passed. The rumble of many voices could be heard coming from another large set of doors but they were led past them and filed into a small room just off the hall where they stood almost shoulder to shoulder, something that made Aberdeen feel a bit nauseous.
They quieted down slightly as the woman, McGonagall, welcomed then to Hogwarts and told them that they were to wait in this chamber until the Sorting Ceremony started, which would take place in front of the whole school, something else Ethan and Minnie had failed to mention. Now, Abby's palms became a bit sweaty and her nerves began to act up. You're being silly, she told herself as she attempted to wipe her hands on her robes to get rid of the sweat. She was merely a first year, most of the older students who already sat in the Great Hall could careless what house she went to and surely wouldn't pay her much attention when it came her turn to be sorted... She hoped. Suddenly, a shriek from the back of the room made her nearly jump out of her skin, spinning around her heels just in time to see the group of ghosts glide effortlessly through the back wall. Her eyes were wide, though she had been worried about the castle ghosts. She just hadn't expected to encounter them this soon, she watched them closely, trying to decide who was who. She didn't have much luck until the one said something about Hufflepuff. Then she knew he was the Fat Friar.
It wasn't long after the ghosts arrival that McGonagall returned, shewing the ghosts away sternly and then turning her attention to the students. The Sorting was about to begin and they were to line up to follow her into the Great Hall. Abby settled into the line that was forming, mentally preparing herself for the battle she would have to partake in against a troll, like Ethan and Minnie had told her.

• img-thing
    img-thing
    img-thing
    ALANNAH GRAYSON

Alannah smiled acknowledging the fact that he had a dog. As she was about to reply the boat started moving on its own accord towards the school. She forced her cat back into her cloak pocket and stared in awe at the castle it was beautiful even more beautiful when you got closer. She though for certain they were going to rub into the cliff face but they didn't and went right through.
    She almost fell as they climbed out of the boats but steadied herself this time. A small gasp escaped Her as they walked over to the room with professor McGonagall. She stood towards the front of the room and when people screamed she turned quickly to see what was going on. Her brother hadn't told her that there were ghost at hogwarts. They seemed to b fighting over something completely different than a ghost but she just shrugged. One ghost stopped in front of a girl next to her and spoke about her being in Hufflepuff.
    She turned around and looked at McGonagall as she came back into the room and they were lead inside the great hall she grinned slightly as she looked around.​

mood: happy, nervous, excited | with:open| tags N/A

Lucinda was equally excited and scared as they crossed the deep dark water of the lake. Holding on to her seat as tight as possible so as not to fall in as well as slinking down into the boat as much as she could. Looking up at the castle somehow helped take her mind of her fears instead filling her with excitement. Suddenly they were near the cliff face and told to duck however Lucinda was already as low as she could go. Traveling down the dark tunnel Lucinda was now shaking with excitement and a little bit of fear.

It was a great relief to Lucinda when she could finally get off the boat which she did with great haste. Following the half giant up the stone stairs steps Lucinda was wondering how much longer they would have to go as her new shoes were killing her. Coming to a large oak door Lucinda was very happy as at least they would soon be in the castle. The half giant started to count the students but she was glad that it didn't take him long or he just gave up and knocked on the door.

Soon after the door opened to reveal a rather stern looking woman who was definitely someone not to mess with. The woman said she would take it from here and thanked the half giant who turned out to be called Hagrid. Following the stern looking woman she could hear lots of people chatting in what Lucinda guessed was The Great Hall. Guided into a room the woman told her and everyone else to wait here and smarten up as much as possible however Lucinda felt she looked good enough.

While they were waiting several ghosts came into the room talking about someone called Peeves who she guessed was some kind of trouble maker from what they were saying. Lucinda wondered if this Peeves was as bad as she was when she got back at her cousins. The ghosts quickly departed when the woman came back telling the ghosts to leave and that the sorting ceremony was about to start. Lucinda felt a knot form in her stomach as she was about to find out where she would belong after the sorting ceremony. Lining up Lucinda stood in line twirling her hair feeling so nervous.

(Appearance: silver highlights)
Open

╔ ΞBΞNΞZΞR ASH ╗

Smartened up without his jacket and in his secondhand robe, Ebenezer Ash felt a strange ambience stir the air.

Sometimes it was noise, sometimes it was something else. It wasn't like being on the Express or anywhere else in the Muggle world. This school -- this place -- was heavily steeped in enchantment and age, and somehow he sensed it. Through stone walls, beneath stone floors.

When the air went downright cold, and ghosts passed through, his heavy heart made a skip. Mom? He searched for her, through the silver veiled embodiments, but even through the Fat Friar, he could not find a woman that even remotely resembled her. He was told, by his father, she would be here. But she might have passed on.

If she did, he understood.

One hand tucked into his robe, holding his eleven-inch alder wand. Flamel, a sight for sore eyes, that snooty Russian blue hopped before the doorway and sat primly. Ben's brown eyes enlarged. That cat's still here? He knelt with an outstretched hand, beckoning it but it would not be called. Flamel stared at him with only one icy eye. Dumb cat! He wanted to spark a fire under its fixed butt but McGonagall had come back. "Now, form a line. And follow me to the Great Halls."

A thought occurred to him. Beyond those doors were later years and staff and teachers and the legendary headmaster Dumbledore. All this, he had known. But Mom. She was still a teacher, wasn't she? That's where she was. Waiting for him.

Flamel leapt sprinting in the other direction, across McGonagall's feet, having soon disappeared around a corner with a guttural low yowl.
His eyes watered. He smiled. He felt right at home.

code by cychotic

cee03c86583a06493d6ad3bbdbe20dc8.jpg

Mood: Emotional.
Interactions: Open

╔ CRΞSSIDA ASH ╗

In the glamorous and clamorous Great Halls, Professor Cressida Ash hovered standing near the table where the teachers were seated. She ignored the abundance of food and beverages unavailable to her. Her mind was set on only one thing. Those doors opening.

The day has come. September first, 1989. Cressida sustained a shiver and dared not blink. Those tall, closed doors were everything that mattered. They were the threshold of the past (almost meaningless) six years of servitude to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had literally come here to die, always tirelessly worked, and never slept so in towards this pivotal moment, in a whoosh of wind ruffling through her son's hair, in magic of candlelight warming her son's face, as Ebenezer steps foot towards his Sorting and his destiny.

Whether if he had still loved her, or remembered her, or loathed her... She labored to stay on earth, clinging to sanity and humanity for as long as she could. So that she could finally at last see those doors open, and a flourishing crescendo would tremble to a resigning note as true as can be, to see her beautiful son look with wonder upon his mother one more time. She would have him see she was strong after all this time, that her love for him was stronger than death. Yes, it was crucial and imperative that he saw that.

code by cychotic

atlantique-transporteur-2-15.jpg

Mood: Emotional.
Interactions: Open avira avira

Last edited:
Rufus, Chris and Alex

Everything went in a rush. The moment they arrived at Hogwarts Rufus landed back with his feet on the ground. The moment he stepped out of the train he was in some sort weird trance of excitement. He didn't remember the guys he sat with in the boat towards Hogwarts, he didn't listen to their stories and didn't noticed that they sometimes talked about him.
When McGonagall spoke he just listened, he already knew what was going to happen. He laughed a little bit when he heard some of the people screamed because of the ghosts appearing. Rufus knew already this stuff, from his older brothers. Rufus didn't really feel the need to socialize with the others. He would do that when he got sorted

The journey from the train to Hogwarts for Chris was a little bit more difficult then other times. For a few years, the journey towards Hogwarts was a thing he did with his brother, Grant. Each time they would talk about the coming year or that year that has to come. The last years he had made the journey alone, because Grant graduated earlier. But this was different, Grant had been alive. But now, he was gone. When Chris thought about it some tears formed in his eyes but he was able to keep them away. It was hard, but he managed. This year would be full of memories of Grant.. a hard year probably. Arriving at the Great Hall he stopped in the mid, would he sit at the professors table? Or his old Ravenclaw table? Since he wasn't a full professor he decided to sit today at the Ravenclaw table, finding some people he remembered, and otherwise, socializing with Alex would be a fun way to start this year

Alex jumped from place to place. The young boy was happy, his sixth year at Hogwarts and it still wasn't bothering him at all. Dueling in the gardens, reading in the library, gossiping in the hallways and listening to the wonderful things thought in class. The journey was nice as always, he sat with some friends. At the table he sat next to his brother, there were a lot of other spaces free next to them since not many people had arrived yet. "Lol Chris, why aren't you sitting with the professors?" Chris looked at his little brother "This seems more my place, I guess, it's weird to sit up there" He peeked over his shoulder to look at the professors table. Alex grinned "Well, that's right, it should be fun to sit with the brothers at our table"

avira avira scorpiodragon scorpiodragon (tagging you because you got Ravenclaws and might happen to sit close to the brothers)
deer deer (tagging you because your beautiful mind might find a way to interact)

• The girl who was in the boat when he had stumbled into it said nothing and didn't acknowlede the Indian native as the boats filled and finally began sailing across the surface of the Black Lake, the students shivering within the cold winds that blew past and huddling in on themselves, Nishant being one of the few exceptions as he awaited the place where he would live for most of the year, only going back to the orphanage during the holiday breaks and the summer. The eleven-year-old listened as the tall man said that they would be seeing Hogwarts in a moment and he couldn't help the gasp that escaped him as they rounded a bend in the lake and there stood Hogwarts on a cliff next to them, the towers and windows glimmering with lights, a dark and silent forest on the opposite bank, past the Quidditch Pitch where students from years two to seven would be able to play, students from each of the four houses making up a team to win something called the Quidditch Cup at the end of the year, though Nishant had not researched Quidditch when he had been trying to learn about the wizarding world and the politics and holidays that governed it, he had gotten some more books than required so he could understand this strange world of magick.

The boats drifted by the school, one student falling into the ocean only for a long tentacle to come up and put the child back into the boat. As htey docked they were told to duck their heads so they wouldn't hit the low hanging rock face of the hidden harbor, a curtain of ivy hanging over the entrance and sailed to a stone floor, the lake extending underground and a series of stone steps and paths leading up from where the boats touched ashore. Nishant scrambled out of the boat he was in with some difficulty and followed the giant of a man and the bobbing lantern he carried, the other first years milling around him as they huddled again together, keeping an eye on the bobbing lanter held aloft before them and ahead of them, up the twisting paths and stairs until they reached a set of oaken doors which the giant man knocked upon with a large meaty fist, bigger than Nishant's own head.

The doors were opened by an intimidating woman, dressed in an emerald green robe, pointed hat and glasses on her nose. She seemed a stern looking woman, reminding him of the matron at the orphanage he lived within and it made him cower under her presence...he just knew she wouldn't take any sass and might punish if needed, just like madam did back where he lived before this magical world and where he would likely remain until he reached adulthood in the muggle world, whenever that was...eighteen to twenty. They were led into an antechamber off the entrance hall and listened to a speech about the four houses and the houses being like a family. Nishant couldn't help the disbelieving snort that came out of his mouth, family was nothing. He also thought the woman was being biased with the order of the houses she spoke of, noticing the slight sneer in her voice when she mentioned the houses of Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

She left, telling them to smarten up and that she would be back for them shortly, again he couldn't think how wrong this was to leave a bunch of children to their own desires and devices in a room within a strange place. Who knew what these so called 'purebloods' would do to the so called 'half bloods' and 'muggleborn' or kids like him who had no family and were of a different ethnicity...what if they tortured him or something? Would anyone care or would the purebloods get off because they came from rich and influential people? At least that is what he gathered from reading about the purebloods...that they were all rich. Ghosts then came out of the wall, making Nishant step back, his face paling at the spirits of the dead as they talked about someone named Peeves and giving him a second chance while others said he had been given enough chances. The one who seemed to be arguing for Peeves was a fat man in a monk's robe. He was quiet as the ghosts then drifted again into a wall when the woman came back and told them to form into lines, the orphan immediately doing so, hiding near the back of one of the lines as students scrambled to do as the woman said. (Open)

Chris and Alex
"Yes, indeed it would be fun to sit with the brothers at our table... if Grant could be here it.." Chris said the last words a little softer, stopping mid sentence because he saw the expression on the face of Alex. Chris knew Alex still missed Grant, of course, Chris missed Grant also, but Alex and Grant had a special bond, that's why Alex is the godfather of Mellanie. Chris patted Alex on the shoulder "Don't be too sad Alex, today is the big day and we'll see what our little brother will turn out to be!"
Alex smiled, Chris always knew how to cheer him up. It was indeed a special day, the last of the 4 brothers would be sorted in one of the houses of Hogwarts. It would probably be Ravenclaw like his family, but Rufus might be sorted somewhere else. Alex looked at the door, it was still opened and older years were still walking in. That wasn't weird, since Chris and Alex were one of the first to arrive.
Then a girl stopped by, Yolanda, a year mate of Alex. Chris knew her from his time at Hogwarts, he tried to couple Alex and Yolanda, until he found out that Alex was also gay. In the wizarding world no one looked really surprised when they find out someone is gay, it just happens. Chris looked at Yolanda "Hey, our summer was fine, thank you, how was yours?"
"Fine?!" blurted Alex out "It was amazing.. dad finally let us held a little duel tournament with the neighbours because I turned 17"
The VanDam family loved duelling, every member of the family was a decent duellist. In the summerbreak they held a little tournament, they invited some other wizarding families from Manchester, they place where they live. Chris was the one who won the tournament, Alex finished nearly last, but he enjoyed it the most. He learned so many things, things he would certainly use during duelling club. It was time that he finally beat the Slytherin Oliver, a distant relative of him, and Troy. Alex had been able to beat them sometimes, but in general they were still to strong for him, hopefully the additional training from the summer would help him.

Interact:
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon
Mentions
The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard
ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Oliver Nott

Oliver was waiting for the sorting hat ceremony to begin with curiosity. Every year he wondered if there was a sliver of hope, a Slytherin that was not either an elitist douche or a poor mudblood on the receiving end of said douches. There were not many with his mind set, he valued loyalty, determination, merit as well as cunning and he instilled that in every one and everything he could, especially his house. He had gained his own little Slytherin following within the house since he had been at this for several years now and he sat among them, those that got tired of the abuse and torment of the “high” class. Now don’t get me wrong, Oliver was definitely high class, but he was different, he deserved to be there, have it all, because he worked for it harder then most. He didn’t live off the coat tails of his parents or he who shall not be named like some pathetic Death Eater.

He took a bite out of his food from the ceremony feast and nodded to his distant relatives who were looking at him briefly. He remembered the silly tournament that was held in their honor, his parents forced him to go and instructed him to throw the match so the family could stay in good graces. He could have definitely been crowned the winner, but that wasn’t the goal, the goal was to make nice, apparently its good for all the different branches of the family. After all the Nott name must survive and stand the test of time. That wasn’t the thing that irritated him the most that summer though, hardly, his relatives weren’t anything special, nor something to be concerned about. No. What bothered him was the encounter he had with Troy. He had begun to mock and tease the other boy as per their usual meetings in school as has been tradition for the past 6 years.

Instead of retorting and defending himself against the onslaught of mockery, his only reply was grabbing him by the collar and forcefully kissing him. Oliver while surprised had not disliked it, no what made him upset was that the dog had the nerve to do that and then ran off before Oliver could get a word in. He really should have said something, because Oliver had liked it so much that he reciprocated. The part that mad him extra upset was that in some ways Oliver rationalized this as normal, as Troy being worthy of kissing him because he was the only one who could truly keep up with him and….he threw it away by leaving.

Stupid Insecure Dog.

Oliver really disliked insecure people, which is what he thought all these pompous assholes waving mommy and daddy’s achievements were. Oliver enjoyed the kiss, its not like he broke it off, he had questions, considering that Troy had been adamant in about rivalry since year one and had been relentless in trying to undermine Oliver’s aspirations of being a dueling superstar. He would have to punish him extra this year during club hours, and every waking moment possible.

He smiled at that thought. ‘Yes, I’ll make him grovel’ he continued to think to him self as he took a sip of the drink now. Giggling to him self and enjoying the victory he had already declared in his head, having a nod or two to go with the giggling every so often. He took out a book from his bag when the festivities started to die down a little and others finished their greetings to him, trying to get in a bit of light reading before returning to the dorm tonight.

He restlessly began stabbing his fork into his meal, each motion now done with purpose and the fluidity worthy of his station. It helped a ton that he imagined Troy’s face. His stupid perfect face. He was tracing Troy’s lip scar on his steak with out realizing it. When he did, he stabbed it again. He slowly began to calm down again and surely Troy vanished from his mind for the moment as he began to enjoy a funny passage in his book. The Wizarding Adventures of a Boy and his Dog and all the silly mysteries and situations they would get.

Then he got angry again, remembering the stupid dog Troy and shoved the book into his bag.

Yarrow Yarrow
ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

Last edited:
Troy Sumner
Troy drummed his fingers on the table somewhat absently, his mind elsewhere. He smiled cheerfully, to his fellow Gryffindors, but his attention was focused upon the task ahead of him. It was unusual, his friends remarked, to see him lost in thought about something. Troy brushed off their concerns with a cheerful smile, which was convincing enough that they did not bother to question its sincerity. They rarely did anyways, but Troy busied himself in conversation, acting as he would usually even though he was mentally gearing himself up for what was to come.

His gaze inevitably wandered towards the Slytherin table, scanning the group for his longtime rival Oliver. It was on sheer instinct that he had kissed the other boy that fateful day in summer, and instinct was not something which Troy was prone to relying upon outside of sports. Keeping a cool head, controlling his behavior, these were things Troy had practiced incessantly until he could manage his somewhat impulsive nature. He often repeated a mantra internally to keep reminding himself to maintain his composure and keep his mind clear and rational. It was easy enough to do with casual insults and trash talk, but his interactions with Oliver never failed to test the limits of his restraint, and in a moment of heated frustration, Troy’s grasp on reason slipped and his body acted of its own accord.

He’d had nearly the whole summer reflect upon his actions, as he knew full well that it didn’t come from nowhere. He was almost completely certain that not every teenaged boy had the instinct to make out with their long time rival. Naturally, Troy was aware that gay wizards existed, and there was a distinction between various sexualities that were rarely mentioned, but nevertheless were straightforward and simple to understand. Despite this, the prospect that he himself might be gay had taken him off guard. For days he had pondered the implications of this possibility, realizing that it explained quite a bit about his inability to connect with the girls he had explored the possibility of forming a romantic relationship with. Even though the pieces were beginning to fall into place, Troy still could not fully wrap his mind around the idea that there was a trait that existed within himself that ran contrary to his parents’ ambitions for him. The expectations placed upon him had never accounted for this, and it felt more than a little strange to be ‘deviating’ from the path set before him, even though it was not a conscious choice on his behalf.

Troy had pondered about all of this for some time, interspersed with various bouts of shame and frustration at not facing the consequences of his actions immediately. In the moment, it had seemed unwise to continue to let his emotions drive his actions, and yet there was no way of thinking clearly about what had transpired. Faced with no way of moving forward, the only option available to him was retreating, and Troy hated retreating. He much preferred tackling problems directly, stating his opinion earnestly when it was warranted and dealing with the consequences of his action.

Fortunately, at least from Troy’s perspective, he’d be facing up to those consequences today. Any later would be needlessly stressful and would only make things that much harder to face later on. He had already spent the summer with this on his mind, and it was finally at the point where he’d managed to clear his mind and see clearly what his options were. The only question which remained was what Oliver’s response would be. Troy was optimistic, but not so naive that he was assuming that everything would go his way. They rarely did when Oliver was concerned.
It was Oliver’s fault, in a way. Or at least that was how Troy perceived it. Years had gone by at they were constantly at each other’s throats. Oliver would often instigate things with his immensely frustrating ability to say the most annoying and aggravating thing possible, though in fairness Troy would stoop to his level at times when he felt he could get away with it, and technically speaking he may have been the instigator in a few of their more heated arguments. Everything came out in the dueling arena however, emotions laid bare and frustration dissipating and fueling his passion for the fight. It was elegant, yet rough. Aggressive, yet artful. The balance appealed greatly to Troy, but he would be lying if he tried to deny that it was Oliver’s influence which kept him driven and coming back to dueling even when he had other activities to focus his attention on. It was addictive, like the urge to scratch a particularly irritating itch that never seemed to go away.

Troy’s gaze focused on Oliver, finding that even at this distance the other boy was annoyingly attractive. The reason behind Oliver’s appeal eluded him, despite many long nights spent thinking about this very question. There was an unbridled drive, a nearly violent need to win and a maddeningly arrogant attitude that was characteristic of Troy’s Slytherin rival. Yet it was polished, calculated. Oliver was nothing if not exacting, demanding the best of himself in any field that was particularly interesting to him, and Troy could not help but admire that. Plus, there was Oliver’s stupidly attractive face. That did not help matters in the slightest.

He tore his gaze away, trying to focus his attention on the conversation around him. It was difficult, as once Troy started thinking about Oliver, a feeling welled up inside his chest that was immensely difficult to ignore. Troy wanted to be close to him, be it facing him down in the heat of a duel, or experiencing the thrilling sensation of that heated kiss once more. Oliver was good at kissing, which was yet another annoyingly attractive trait to add to the list. At least the fact that Troy was able to discern this suggested that his desire might not be one-sided after all. There was only one way to find out though, and so Troy kept an eye out and waited for his chance.

It wasn’t long before Troy finished eating, having consumed his meal a bit faster than was entirely healthy. He made small talk with several friends, catching up with them a little before he got up and excused himself with the promise of continuing their conversation when he met back up with them at the dorms. There was no more hesitating. At long last, it was time to get things sorted out.

Troy made his way over to the Slytherin table, smiling pleasantly but not being quite as well received as he would by the other houses. In general, he had fewer friends in Slytherin house than the others, but that was not something he had time to concern himself with at the moment. He was focused on the task at hand, and as such made his way directly to Oliver, who was putting away something in his bag. Troy clasped him on the shoulder to get his attention, smiling with a cool sort of confidence that he generally exhibited around his rival.

“There you are Nott,” Troy remarked, despite having been painfully aware of his location during much of the banquet. “I’ve got some business with you.”

The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back