• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ✶ Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ ✶

A

L

I

C

E

mood; curious, friendly | mentions/interactions; The Silent Z The Silent Z

Alice paid no mind to his hesitation of what he was going to say about his guitar, figuring it might just be a weird way he talked. She never wanted to assume anything about anyone, and asking about it might be rude.

"Oh, so I'm sitting in the same compartment as the future 007?" she continued with an amused and cheerful smirk-smile," that's a super cool guitar though. I've never seen one of that quality up close before. Your dad must'a been one heck of a player to keep it in this good of condition. I figure, if he weren't passionate about it, it would look a lot more... worn out."
coded by wheat

"Who knows..... I might be! I'll be the next singing 007! Wizard by day and Guitar playing Spy by night." Tyrus smiled with a following laugh. Who knew a girl shy boy who often thought over just about every bad outcome in his head, would now be talking in relaxed form to a girl with a shared love for music? It was both unexpected and completely opposite of every scenario his mind ever came up with during his walk through the station and on toward the platform.

Hearing Alice compliment his fathers old guitar and his dad himself. Tyrus smiled and gave a nod before responding.
"Thanks! I think he was too, he was the sort that treated his guitars, drums and any other instrument like a child. Cared for like it was part of the family, I guess since it was his passion and way to earn a living and all.... It makes sense." Tyrus replied with a small nod and proud feeling for his late father. "It's true though.... I can't say I've seen too many older guitars in this shape up close either." He continued sitting back a bit in his seat and looking toward Alice.

"But hey,.... I just realized, what about you? It sounded like your parents had some taste for music. While passing it on to you." Tyrus asked looking to listen about Alice and her parents. Both out of curiosity and another way to keep up the conversation as the train continued to get boarded with students of all different years and houses.

Mentions/With: Alice amxlia amxlia
Mood: Friendly, Curious

A

L

I

C

E

Alice chuckled at his words kindly, pausing a moment to think when TJ asked about her parents. She wasn't embarrassed by them at all, they were just... hard to explain.

"Well, my mum was a flower child before she had me, and my dad is a record store owner, nothin' super cool like a rockstar," she started, staring out the window and imagining all the pictures she'd seen of them together as she spoke," but cool though! My mom's still pretty 'hippie', and my dad's owned the record store for as long as he can remember. They both are huge fans of everything rock n' roll though, so that got passed down to me. Plus my aunt Jenny met Jimi Hendrix once! She has a sighed photo with him and everything! I'm pretty sure my entire family runs on rock music, from all the decades. If I hadn't liked it, i'm sure I would've been kicked out."

She laughed lightly at her own words and ran her fingers over her necklace again, unconsciously as always.

"So TJ what are you looking forward to the most at Hogwarts?" she asked after a second, not really noticing her perhaps sudden change of topic. Alice was just chatting, and she just let her words take her wherever.
coded by wheat

IMG_0252.PNG

IMG_0251.GIF

"Really? That's pretty cool. I bet she has seen some classics for concerts. Well I imagine anyways. While that's gotta be a awesome job, an excuse to listen to music all day, right? Plus if you run it, means you can't get in trouble for rocking out, right? Man that sounds awesome." Tyrus leaned forward and smiled, while getting comfortable with his back away from the seat and leaning in. While his face simply glowed with interest and thinking how awesome that would be. "You really had a insanely epic childhood. Surrounded by music and getting a pick of all the latest shipments, huh? Wow. Ever find any rare albums? It would be a cool treasure hunt. And daily." He continued thinking about what that would be like.

"Ooohhh! Jimmy Hendrix auto? Wow. That's..... That would be worth a fortune but better yet to keep. But your mom sounds like a pretty chill mum, can't be too strict right? Or maybe she could. But still seems cool. If you hadn't liked Rock &a Roll I'd have to ask what happened. It's the best! Of course.... It's all opinion based. Nothing wrong if you hadn't, just wouldn't be able to comprehend it." Tyrus laughed finding himself talking more and more with less breath taken, seemingly. He couldn't help but notice Alice trace her fingers across her necklace. He would admit to curiosity but instead waited. Perhaps it was personal? Either way, she hadn't made fun or asked after his near ramble onto his tendency to write his own music or play a song as often as he did. Or ask about his father when he dropped a bit in mood.

When Alice then asked about what he most was looking forward to once they hit Hogwarts. He gave pause unsure of what he most looked forward to, he had some number of things and with everything his mind overthought, he didn't really know which one was higher on his list.
"Perhaps...... umm..... Learning which house I'll get, then of course learning more spells and dueling, I think...." Tj spoke with a soft smile while looking toward Alice. Now curious of her answer to the very same question. "What about you? I mean your likely to have something too."

With: Alice amxlia amxlia
Mood: Friendly, curious

Lucinda finally left the bathroom no longer feeling sick after her trip on the Knight Bus. She really hated that no one could take her today as her family were busy taking her cousins to Durmstrang and Missy had been run raged getting everything ready. Looking around she noticed that the trolley she had left with the baggage attendant had been loaded. Which was a relief seeing as she had just dumped it with him when she made a runner for the toilet.

Taking her time to look around the platform she admired how spotless and beautiful the train looked. Almost jumping up and down on the spot feeling so excited that she was finally going. However as she looked into the carriages she noticed that most were already full so she would have to get a move on if she wanted a seat with some tolerable people. Turning around to board the train she noticed someone in the crowd a girl called Milena that she had seen at events hosted by other pure-bloods. However she was more interested in sitting with people outside of the people her aunt and uncle would approve of so she just gave Milena a small wave before stepping aboard.

As Lucinda walked down the train she looked to see if their was a free seat in one of compartments she could take. Unfortunately the seats that weren't taken that she passed were either filled with snobby pure-bloods or half-bloods that practically glared dagger due to what her family had done and what they stood for. Sighing she continued to walk down the train until she came across a girl who looked thoroughly confused. She was definitely a muggle which was perfect for Lucinda as it meant see wouldn't know anything about her. However Lucinda was still very nervous and as walked up to the girl she started twirling her hair "e...ex..excuse me but can I help you? You just seemed a bit lost."

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

SidneySidney felt pleased with the chuckle he had elicited from Evan. Good to know she found him funny, not that it might matter in the long run; he may never see the girl again. But he had promised Susanna that he would try to be a bit more open to others this year since she was here to keep an eye on him. She had lectured him for years about how snobbish he could be. Surely this was a step in the right direction? He didn't quite understand her jest at "rocking" her name.The term went over his head but he didn't want to seem like a dolt so he replied with a friendly smile, his lips parting to reveal straight white teeth as she expressed her lightheartedness.

Fig leaned out of Sidney's long sleeve and his whiskers tickled his wrist. He guessed at what the rat was going for and let go of Evan's hand. He pulled his hand back so the rat wouldn't try anything, he didn't know if she would want him darting down her sleeve or not. "He likes new people. And bracelets." Sidney explained, reaching up to his neck to deposit the disappointed rodent on his shoulder. Fig clung to Sidney's long sleeved dark sweater shirt, his bright eyes watching the pair of students converse.

"Pardon me for asking but, to which house to you belong exactly? I know you aren't Slytherin." Sidney said in an attempt at conversation. Might as well talk with someone since he didn't see any chance of catching up with his friends on this train ride. Which was okay with Sidney, he didn't really care much. In truth, they were mostly just people to fill the space around him.
| amxlia amxlia | Mood: Friendly, polite, curious|

Henrietta stepped through the column that let to platform 9 3/4s, pushing the cart with her and her brother's things quite effortlessly. On top of their things Moira nestled comfortably on Lochlan''s trunk purring softly as she slept. The tabby cat's evident peace was not shared by Henrietta who though looked calm and with quite awe at the prestige Hogwarts Express, inside she was having butterflies. She was nervous, she was one of few friends growing up apart from Lochlan, which may not really count, due to to her unnatural hieght. She didn't what made her do and was unsure how her class mates would take it. Already the fact she was a 12 year old as tall as a young adult certainly caught a few eyes along the way. One would not notice her nerves apart from the way she kept close to her brother.

"Well...Here goes." She said outloud as she reached one of the carriage doors. Lochlan was as supportive as ever but as much as she wanted him to be with her, as much for him as for her, she knew he had to go on and find his own friends to be with. She would not let him stay with her, he separated from him when she could and went down the packed carriages as the train began to move. She tried to find an empty compartment or one with a few people as possible, though that would be difficult.

inkling inkling and anyone who would have her.

"Eh?" The young woman turned and with a bit of glancing around, she looked around at eye level. Then she looked down and exclaimed, "Oh! Er, uh, sorry, I didn' see ya down there." She looked around then kinda leaned over to inspect who she was talking to.
Man, if there was anyone she could say was her opposite, at least in looks, it was this girl. The silky soft black hair up against her frizzed, fluffy red mane. The spotless, porcelain skin against her own blotchy freckled face. And the eyes- Whaaaat? Heterochromia? What is this? That's incredible!

"Erm, yeah, actually I'm really confused. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, am I supposed to sit with the other new kids? Or is there a seating arrangement- I mean I guess this isn't like a field trip back in school, and this certainly ain't a school bus..." She looked about, then suddenly seemed t remember she was talking to someone and turned back to the smaller girl and chewed her lip a little, her right hand moving up to cover the bridge of her nose and whatever freckles she could. "I mean, I just walked through this wall and all I'm getting is people gesturing at my shirt," she pointed won at her shirt which had a prominent picture of a large bird on it, "And asking me if I'm a Ravenclaw? What the hell is a Ravenclaw?I mean, besides the obvious claw of a raven, but this is clearly not a raven! It's a ural owl! My favorite!"

She then suddenly to realize, again, that she was off on another rant about how strange this day had been and gave her head a quick shake with her hands still promptly placed on the bridge of her nose, "Ah, sorry, I'm chewin' yer ear off, aren' I? Sorry.... Er..." She removed her hand from her face, then stuck it out, "I'm Johanna. Um... Did I get yer name? I don't have the best memory."

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

Last edited:
Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno mood; friendly, casual, relaxed outfit; x x

Evan smiled at the rat as Sidney raised him up to perch on his shoulder. The creature almost seemed disappointed that he had been moved, which made Evan only smile a bit brighter. Turning her attention back to the boy before her, she was curious to learn that he was a slytherin. She couldn't say she hadn't guessed it, but, it was still interesting to know.

"Oh, I'm a hufflepuff," she answered casually, leaning against the wall of the compartment they stood by casually," though, don't assume i'm some damsel just because i wear yellow."

She meant this as a joke of course, as came with her tone, but deep down her statement was a bit defensive. Evan knew how many in other houses thought of hufflepuffs, but, if anything she was proof not all of them were weaklings.

code by cychotic

MV5BMjE2MDYwMDg0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjczNDg2NDE@._V1_UY317_CR61,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

A

L

I

C

E

"Oh I'm so stoked to figure out what house I'm in," she began eagerly," and I can't wait until I get to play quiddich the first time. I know first years aren't allowed on teams, but, I figure if I get good enough now, I can be part of a house team later. Flying also seems so... so cool! Have you ever flown before? I haven't, I didn't even know it was possible 'til last year!"
coded by wheat

IMG_0252.PNG
IMG_0251.GIF
With: amxlia amxlia Mood: Friendly, Curious
Tyrus started to nod himself when he heard Alice's eager reply. She too was stoked to find out which house she'd get sorted into. "Same. I hope I get matched alright, don't know which house I fit, but a and match seems like a bad omen or something." He spoke adding some hope for a good match. Though he didn't sound like he had a preference of which house though. Perhaps a fresh opinion or non opinion yet for individual houses? "Quidditch? You're a fan too? I want to fly too, just haven't yet. Mum says I should wait before trying that, says I might overthink it or get hurt by that distraction. Too bad though, but maybe that rule will help prep us for getting really good and becoming rookie stars when we do get to join the team!" Tyrus spoke answering Alice and adding some enthusiasm to his voice. Though he still wondered why the rule was in place, it seemed like a judgement call on the first years skill to play or prevents them from being a full, start to finish quidditch player while in school. But then he also saw benefits for the rule being in place. Maybe his mum was right? The way his mind can work around girls and in areas of doubt or making a fool of himself, or heaven forbid the combo of all the above. She might have been onto something there.

SidneySidney absentmindedly tilted his head against Fig, causing the rat to turn to stick his snout in the boy's ear. Sidney held back a twitch as the whiskers brushed his ear lobe and Fig's nose was crammed into his ear. Looking the whole while at Evan, Sidney attempted not to betray any thoughts when she proudly stated she was Hufflepuff.

He did however quirk an eyebrow and offer her a charismatic grin, leaning away from Fig who was still tickling his ear. The rat settled down when Sidney started to reply, his paws against Sidney's neck as he stretched himself out like a meerkat, trying to move around. "Well with the way you assault people unprovoked in the middle of a train aisle I don't think 'damsel' is the label that came to mind."

He was really looking down at her now that she had leaned against the wall and he couldn't help but smirk down at her. He hadn't met many Hufflepuffs, Sidney honestly didn't really fraternize with students from other houses. He was unadmittedly and perhaps unwittingly prejudiced. Even despite having a more humble upbringing than most pure blood families.

| amxlia amxlia | Mood: Friendly, relaxed, humorous |

IMG_0266.JPG
Sartorious Warbeck
The day was seemingly perfect, after a long summer of chores and fixing up the old place Sartorious and his family moved into before the year began for Hogwarts. A place that his pops said would just be grand with some imagination and now able to move closer to school, getting out into the country side where things would be more private and far more land to own. But Sartorious only saw his father pinching every piece of coin he could by selecting a old mansion like place in the middle of the country side. It was run down, abandoned and said to have ghost stories attached to the place. Who'd buy that and see grand potential? Seriously!

However the more time Sartorious spent patching up the old place that was new to him. He had to admit it was pretty nice and he yet had seen signs of ghosts. Still too young to use magic outside of Hogwarts, but nice and he was greatly relieved when the actual non magic allowed work was over. Meanwhile it was finally time for the school year to begin!

Which meant Quidditch season wasn't far behind it! Every year since he was old enough to join the team Sartorious had been dreaming of becoming the captain and leading his team to glory and Quidditch cup after cup. Finally breaking the streak of losing seasons and silence the critics of his beloved house! All at the same time too.

This was the year! It had to be! Sartorious Warbeck now entering his fourth year at Hogwarts and Chaser legend....... Well ok Sartorious hoped to become a great legend of the position, I mean who wouldn't want to become a great Quidditch player and the best of their position? Exactly. Everyone would. Sartorious wasn't any different as a competitive player and ambitious, goal minded young wizard.

But anyways like I was saying it was going to be a great year. Not just for Quidditch and being done with his house work, but also being able to catch up with his friends and see their faces again. Maybe Natalie would have some crazy adventure for them to go on? Or prediction to hear? Either way or none of the latter two, Sartorious was looking forward to seeing all his friends again and settling down in his old dorm room and bed. Sitting in that big old comfy chair In the Hufflepuff common room, while he cozied up and read a nice book in front of the Fire of do his studies for class. Maybe a few other ideas that's were creeping into his fourteen year old boys mind?.......

Meanwhile the fourth year and his short brown messy hair, fully garbed in uniform and prepared for the train. Sartorious took his cart and placed a hand inside his robes, giving a look around the station and passers by before looking ahead at platform 9 3/4 quarters.....

Getting off into a full sprint with his cart and darting through the portal to the other side. A crooked smile landing on his face as he gave a nod in approval, observing the train and boarding students. "This is it Tuck! We've made it again." The boy spoke while running his fingers across the owls head, moving beneath to underneath his beak with a smile and closed eyes, knowing the owls delight every time he did pet beneath Tucks beak. "Now off with you and your cuteness mate. You've got some pals of your own to catch up with, no? I trust we will meet again at Hogwarts. Always have before. Just behave yourself in the meantime, huh?" Sartorious joked, opening his eyes and watching the cart and his owl be taken to the luggage area. While his sounded happily in reply as Sartorious became further and further away as the luggage attendant moved.

Speaking of trouble..... I wonder who's here so far? Maybe I can have a little fun too? Sartorious thought with a grin and headed for the train itself. Stepping on board and moving his hand through the head of his hair, messing it up a bit more but styling it just the way he liked it. Smooth, soft and messy! No need for fancy styles in his mind, least not for him personally.

IMG_0265.GIF
Walking through the trains hallway, passing one section and compartment after another. Sartorious gave a brief smile and closed eye gesture of expression as a sign of hello to each person he passed by until reaching a spot for himself to stop and enjoy.

The spot? A doorway for him to lean against with his shoulder and watch who else boarded and might join him. It gave a nice view after all, see some new faces, old faces, famialir faces and The of course the pretty ones too. Not to mention if his friends were in the area, he'd be able to spot them as well.

Evan Jackson
mentions; Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno mood; friendly, casual, relaxed outfit; x x

"What are you implying?" she replied with a sarcastic smile, admittedly having to crane her neck up slightly so that her eyes still met his.

Though she'd never say it out loud, Evan did have a bit of prejudice against many of the pure-blooded families at Hogwarts. Many of them were... a bit stuck up, and definitely too dark for her tastes. Though, just from their conversation, she could tell Sidney wasn't exactly that type of person.

code by cychotic

MV5BMjE2MDYwMDg0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjczNDg2NDE@._V1_UY317_CR61,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

5aaefc658145a9f390e034c32c16d5c7.jpg

Walking along the floor of the train station, the young girl looked around in confusion, always glancing down at the small note of directions she was supposed to take. The paper would be wrinkly and slightly cold, due to her clammy hands of nervousness and her constant shaking hands. She always got like this, she wasn't used to new things, yet tried to play it cool, relaxed. There's nothing for her to worry about...'Oh god what if I'm late? I don't even know where to go! W-What if the train will set off without me?! I'll be running after it!' She thought in her mind, yep she was worrying.

Since she was alone, nobody she knew around, she can let out the side of her she always keeps bundled up and hidden from everyone. So she might as well let it all out now before meeting up with the others. She needed a good reputation, or else she'll definitely not have an amazing time at the school she longed to go to for years. Luckily, she had great and kind cousins that gave her this note to help her, as her parents..weren't that thrilled of her going compared to them. "T-They said between the 9 and the..what? But that isn't right, there's no such thing.."

She turned her head and watched a kid completely run into a wall and disappear..wait..what? Did that actually happen? Oh, right. Magic. Of course you can run through walls. "But...did anyone else see that." She looked around frantically, seeing people just pass on by like it was nothing. "I really should get used to this wizard stuff.." Even though her family was wizards, they've been living as if they her muggles, it really could get confusing for her.

"Okay okay..there's no time, I need to get on that train. You ready?" She said to her tawny owl that rested in it's cage inside the cart she pushed. Lining up with the right measurements, she looked side to side to make sure no one else was looking. Until she pushed forward and ran right into the wall, shutting her blue eyes tightly, expecting something painful but when she opened them back up, she was in another hall of the train station. And there she heard was the train, Hogwarts train that was right infront of her for her to see. "Woah.."

She noticed kids that passed her by that where just like her, she might as well blend in with the crowd. Act causal. Was all she kept telling herself over and over again. Taking big inhales and exhales to calm herself down, and it was actually working. Instead of feeling fear...she felt excitement. A big smile soon plastered on her face, looking around the area while she walked to take it all in for a memory she'll keep inside her head hopefully forever. She went to the area to pack her luggage and only brought the important stuff when she boarded the train, walking up the steps she met with the long hall way as the doors were at the side. Now..all she needed to do was find a place to sit..

Henriatta walked through the corridor of the carriage she was in looking through the compartments for a free one. As she was one of the latter arrivals, there were few free carriages if any left. There were free seats in certain carriages but she was too nervous to accept a seat. She cursed herself about her nerves, she knew she could be sat right know and attempting to strike up a conversation with what might be her future friends. She did want to meet a few people, and that want battled with her nerves inside her feeling her with frustration especially when nerves seem to win out.

She watched a tomboyish girl approach her from the other end of the carriage and wondered if she was someome she could get to know. She walked closer to the girl seeing a free space in a carriage and waited for the girl to approach her. " He..." She tried to say before having to clear her throat." Hey...There is some free spaces here..." She suggested looking inside to see if there was anyone inside.
MochiHaru MochiHaru

While walking down the hall and peeking quickly in every little room to see if there was space or hopefully an empty one. But they seemed to all be packed or just awkward looking, she felt like she didn't have to courage at the moment to just randomly sit with kids she didn't know. She just continued on, maybe there were some in the back no one took yet. While she walked she heard a voice rather close by, wondering if the 'hey' was for her.

She turned her head and stared at the girl that called out for her. They made eye contact so that'd mean if was meant for her. "Huh..oh.." She said as she looked inside the carriage as well, by surprise it was empty. Finally an empty spot, her prayers have been answered. Though she snapped out of it and looked at the other with a smile. "Thanks, looks like no ones in here, lucky us heh.." She walked inside and took a seat, setting her stuff to the side. "Do you have a place to sit..if not then there's plenty of space here."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

SidneySidney gave her a hooded look for a moment, gauging her sarcastic edge. Hufflepuff or not she was definitely not a damsel, in the sense. He did wonder if she was a pure blood or not. He honestly didn't recognize the name, nor her. So he didn't suppose she was, and if she was, must not be one of the more prominent.

"I resent the implication that I'm implying something." He retorted with a flippant air. Looking at Fig with a secretive sort of expression, like he was conversing silently with him. In truth it was often like they could. The rat was a bit preoccupied by skittering from his shoulder to his neck, though, disappearing down his shirt without much of a glance at the two conversationalists.

Sidney gave Evan a small smile at this point, he was in a genuinely good mood this time around. Then he took a second to tilt his head to see down the corridor. He didn't like being in the middle of the walk and wanted to suggest they duck into a compartment. If they didn't eventually find a seat they might not get one. Though he didn't know what to expect of his own peers were he to be caught talking to some unknown Hufflepuff. His sister would be elated to know he wasn't being so stuck up though. He crossed his arms as he refocused, moving away from the dim thoughts.

Looking down at Evan he felt a sense of pride that she had to look up at him. He liked his height. And it came in handy often for many different things. He took another look around and gave her another appraising look. "Do you think we should find our seats? It seems to be filling up fairly quickly. I'd really rather not stand in the back with the luggage." Sidney gave her a raised eyebrow, he was of course, just joking. But all the same he was slightly put off that he wouldn't likely be sitting with his people.

| amxlia amxlia | Mood: Friendly, Thoughtful

Henrietta did not reply for a moment, surprised that the girl made no mention of her height. She shook the surprise off, not wanting to leave the offer to expire. "Yes!" She burst out of her before she could hold herself. She cleared her throat and chuckled at herself. "I mean eh yes, thanks." She said entering the compartment and taking a seat opposite the girl. She looked out the window to the countryside rabidly going past her.

She turned back and looked at the girl and offered her hand to her. "Well, i suppose i should share my name.... Henrietta Teressa Rosier.. Feel free to shorten that however you like."
MochiHaru MochiHaru

Evan Jackson

"That sounds like a rather good idea," she agreed, stepping away from the wall of the compartment she'd been leaning on and looking off down the hall a bit. Many had been filled, it seemed to the brim, by students of all ages, but there was one rather empty-looking one three or four compartments down.

"That one?" she offered, moving a bit forward towards it so that he could see," Unless it would damage some sort of 'record' of yours to sit with a hufflepuff."

She kept a rather light- albeit sarcastic- tone as she spoke, not meaning anything of the comment, merely knowing how most students, especially from slytherin it seemed, thought of hufflepuffs as not worth their time. Though, she assumed, from the time they'd been talking, Sidney wasn't one to mind, at least for the train ride.

"And unless you've somewhere else to sit?"

code by cychotic

tumblr_nq2orvkUiT1sut0fso1_500.jpg

A

L

I

C

E

"I just think it's so cool that wizards have sport that literally takes place in the air. Like, football and something else combined, but cooler," she continued after his agreement with her on liking quiddich," yeah, too bad on the first year rule, but hey, that doesn't keep us from the brooms. Maybe if I'm lucky the flight instructor would let me practice more if she knew I wanted to join my house team. You and I could together maybe!"

Everything was so interesting and exciting to Alice, and she couldn't wait to dig into absolutely everything as deeply as possible.
coded by wheat

Dylan Demadura: Platform 9
Interactions: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki MochiHaru MochiHaru
Feeling: Small, Outspoken

images

Just as usual, Dylan had no clue whatsoever on how to do what he needed to do. He needed to get to 9 and 3/4 but how? Would he go underneath? Wave his newly bought wand? No, I should just ask the station manager... HE looks like an alright sort. "Excuse me, gyenong, how can I get from here to platform 9 and 3/4? My train is almost gone," The man scoffed at him and gave a chuckles, "Child, you can go to 9 or 10. Now make up your mind," "But I have a passport! See! Nine-and-three-quarters!" he exclaimed, showing proof of his pass. The man shoved him off and Dylan was pushed through! He came back for his cart and went inside.

He was met with a bombardment of supposed wizards. He then asked this train management, "Excuse me, this is platform 9 and 3/4 right?" The man nodded. Dylan checked his old bag and his rented cart and his pouch to check for all of his materials. Yes, the books were in the bag, the wizard material was in the cart, and Scampy was sitting right in his left pocket. "You ready for Hogwarts, little guy?" he asked. The mole rat nodded.

He stepped into the train and went into the first compartment he saw. It seemed to have two people, ( ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki and MochiHaru MochiHaru ) "Make any more room for me?" he asked, "Demadura Dylan, First Year."

As the girl turned around Lucinda was a bit angry and annoyed she didn't notice her until the other girl looked down and said sorry which made Lucinda a bit feel better. However Lucinda still felt a bit upset that even with her chunky black boots on she was still pretty short. However she felt better knowing that at least she looked good in her matching black lace dress.

Snapping out of her own mind she listened to the girls question about where she was supposed to sit which was easy enough but as she rambled on she started looking around almost forgetting about her. Lucinda grinned at how quickly the girl turned back around once she remembered that she was talking to someone. This girl was also a bit weird covering part of her face with her hand. It really didn't make sense to Lucinda as she wasn't that bad looking. She was about to answer her question when the other girl started to talk about how people were mistaking her for a Ravenclaw because of her shirt. Looking at the shirt a bit closer she snickered at how stupid someone would have to be to mistake an owl for a raven. Clearly the students who had made that mistake would not be smart enough to sorted into Ravenclaw. Lucinda also made a mental note that this girl clearly knew very little about the world of magic not even knowing a basic thing like the school houses. Clearly she was going to have to explain things very throughly to this girl which made Lucinda a bit nervous.

Getting back to the conversation Lucinda almost wanted to tell the girl she could talk as long as she wanted but was cut of by her introducing herself. At which point she felt bad that she hadn't told Johanna her name from the start. She really wished Johanna had kept talking as it would mean she wouldn't have to deal with her shyness however that was no way to start a friendship. Tentatively Lucinda reached out and shook the girls hand "Mm..My.. name is Lucinda n..nice to meet you. To answer your first question you can sit any where b..but most sit with their own year, and to answer your other question Ravenclaw is one of the houses at Hogwarts. Houses are like teams which you stay with until you graduate. However how someone can mistake an owl for a raven is beyond me." It was at this point Lucinda realised that she had been so nervous that she hadn't let go of the other girls hand. Quickly removing her hand Lucinda blushed feeling so embarrassed. Lucinda really liked Johanna as she seemed so friendly and she really wanted to be her friend "w..would you like to f..find somewhere to sit together? I would really be interested in knowing why your school would visit a field seems rather dull" Lucinda waited nervously for Johanna's response as she twirled her hair while looking down at the floor.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
Her hands shuffled through her bag to make sure she had everything, she was always worried that she'd forget something important. And it felt so relieving when she knew everything was organized and secure. She looked back at the girl that sat on the opposite side of her with a small smile.

Noticing her hand she simply brought out her own and shook it twice. "Iris Hughes. Nice to meet you Hen'." She said as she did shorten her name up a bit so that it wasn't so complicated to say.

She let go and pulled her hand away back to herself and stared at the window before hearing another voice that was unfamiliar to her. "Oh..." Looking at the entrance to see a boy she gave a nod. "Yeah go ahead. There's plenty of room left." She said while motioning her hand to point out the empty spots. "I'm Iris Hughes, a first year as well."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SymbioticWebslinger SymbioticWebslinger

Last edited:
Lochlan Rosier
The Rosiers approached Kings Cross just as they had every year. Adeline was all smiles and encouragement, Thaddeus confident and ever watchful with eyes constantly scanning the crowds, and Henrietta forging her own way through ahead of the others. The only real change was a greater state of exhaustion and a forced enthusiasm. These features were most notable in Lochlan, who hung back several steps behind his family. He had entrusted his luggage and owl into the care of Henrietta, and watched her all but run through the gate to Platform 9 3/4. His parents called their well-wishes to her as she disappeared to the other side. They then turned to face Lochlan, who had stopped a few feet short of where his parents now stood.

The young wizard did not return their smiles. Instead he grimaced, still in his muggle clothes with the hood of his sweatshirt pulled over his ears and his hands in his pockets--eyes dark and hair bedraggled. Adeline and Thaddeus stared at him as though it had been a significant period since they had seen him last, like he was just returning home from Hogwarts instead of about to board the train. Their smiles faded and were replaced with looks of concern. Thaddeus raised his hand to grab Lochlan's shoulder and gave him a gentle shake. "You alright there, son?" It was a rhetorical question. Despite having a greater control over his condition, Lochlan's hesitation in returning to school has increased over the summer. Perhaps it was the realization that this would be a lifelong struggle, or maybe just the unending cycle of growing into an adult while simultaneously turning into a horrendous creature each month. Maybe, subconsciously, he also worried for how Hogwarts would treat his young sister.

Regardless, he prevailed, in spite of his current lack of ambition. Lochlan had to continue his studies--if not for his own future, then for the sake of his sister and to ease his parent's concern. He forced a smile. Adeline had stepped closer now and rested a hand on his cheek. "You aren't alone in this," she said softly, and Lochlan fought the urge to argue that he had yet to meet another werewolf about to take his OWLs. They were doing their best, and Lochlan was grateful through his bitterness. She embraced him and then stepped back to leave the father and son standing alone.

Thaddeus' hand now rested on Lochlan's upper arm just above the bent elbow, just above the scar. The relationship between the pair had been rocky since the incident. Lochlan found it difficult to not harbor some resentment towards his father, seeing as it had technically been his fault. More recently, Lochlan kept quiet about this, trying to avoid as much conflict as possible. Thaddeus muttered some sort of encouraging phrase and told him to not get into any trouble this year--he had never been very good at this sort of thing. With a lack of words and a final nod, Lochlan ducked out of the grasp of his father and through to the train.

He weaved through the boarding students, recognizing some but acknowledging none. His hood was still raised and he thought he had caught a glimpse of Henrietta in the crowd, though he did not pursue her. They had a mutual understanding for one other's desires and he was more than happy to help her when she needed it, as was she to him. However, Lochlan also respected her independence and her want to figure things out on her own. He would assist her if she came into trouble, but for now he would only go about his own business. Still in a state of brooding, Lochlan was overjoyed to stumble across an empty compartment. He knew his time alone in the seats would be short, but he appreciated them all the same. He just hoped the others that found their way into the compartment weren't expecting conversation.
location: platform 9 3/4 > empty compartment mentions: Henrietta ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki mood: ambivalent

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back