• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Gyan (Detailed) [Fantasy World: Elements]

BLUR

Two Thousand Club
WELCOME TO THE MAGICAL LAND OF...

i77wnl.jpg

About

Welcome to the Gyan (pronounced Jaun) interest check! Glad to see the name alone has at least garnered some attention! Gyan is a detailed, fantasy rp set in a world created by yours truly. Like any fantasy world, the world of Gyan is one rife with magic and monsters.

As you read through this interest check, you'll notice that my idea for this rp was inspired by many different things, from fictitious sources to actual history. So if you're wondering, yes!

My ultimate goal for this role-play spans three sagas, each with 2-3 arcs. I fully expect it to take a solid year if not more, so I'm looking for a long-term commitment here. I will state, however, that this is pretty fluid as of right now. By that, I mean it could last longer. Sorry :P.

I would like to mention that I am a detailed RPer, meaning I like to write posts that are no shorter than three paragraphs. I enjoy reading posts, and the details are what gives life to them. For this reason, I will be pretty demanding, and would prefer for my cast to be proficient, detailed writers. Simply put, anyone that can write a full, three paragraph post without grammar mistakes, sentence fragments, change of tense through paragraphs, and the host of other strange writing mistakes I see on RPN will have no problem here.

I hope I don't scare too many people off with that. Anyway, now that you've read the about section, which is really just minor notes, go ahead and check out the section to the right! This will be where you learn what to expect from this role-play! I should note that this interest check is just a general overview, so if you have any questions i totally understand and would love to answer them!

The World of Gyan
Gyan is the name of a large, isolated island of about 4.5 million people. The island as a whole is nearly 700,000 square miles big. The western half is lush and chilly, and the eastern half is arid and warm. Most of the 4,000,000 people of Ryan live in a single area, the fertile land known as Val Valley. The rest of the population live in small tribes throughout Gyan. The population of Gyan at large are happy, festive people. They love to party and drink, and are more liberal than not. Specific tribes have their own beliefs and traditions though, as one would expect.

The island of Gyan is surrounded by raging tides, and turbulent currents. For this reason, none have ever dared to explore past the waters. All kinds of mighty and awe-inspiring creatures can be found in Gyan, including dragons, griffins, ape kings, and more. However, these creatures aren't the only ones that hold great power. In Gyan, about a fifth of one percent of the inhabitants are able to call upon and utilize the elements. They are called the manipulators. Typically, they belong to the major houses of the major tribes of Gyan, and are among the most famous inhabitants of the land. Every year, a fighting festival is held on a minuscule island off the coast of the Xwar Desert. There, the new generation of manipulators show off their skills while the older ones fight for a spot in the prestigious Gyan Elite Ten.

Map of Gyan
29tzds.png

The Factions in Gyan

• The Asman are a tribe that lives in the mountain range known as the Zorg. Many Asman have made their homes at the foot of the mountains in the Zorg mountain range, but the main holding of the Asman tribe is a small castle at the peak of Mount Dyns (Diniss). Here, the most important figures and heads of the two main families conduct their daily business. The population of the Asman tribe is approximately at 800 people, only 300 of which are able manipulators. The guardian spirit of the Asman tribe is Haurta, who is the guardian of the sea and sky. The two main houses of the Asman tribe are:

House Aub:
    x4ra6v.png

Manipulation: Water

House Hava:
    9azsj7.png

Manipulation: Air

The Plot
While there is an overarching plot in place (as I've stated in the about section, it will span three sagas), the RP will start off with mostly character development. For a while, your character will be simply adventuring and learning about the world. Before they enter the world stage, they will have to overcome maybe obstacles and grow into respectable young men and women, as well as capable warriors.

For that reason, I will not simply be supplying everyone with the plot of the RP. As your characters grow, so will your knowledge of the world of Gyan, and in turn you will learn more and more about the central conflicts of the land. Think of this as something similar to what happens in an anime like Dragon Ball. To start, there will simply be a journey. As you progress, conflicts will arise which will connect you to the other characters. So fear not, there is a plot, but we won't have to worry about it for now.

The RP
This RP will probably be different than most other RPs you all have taken part of. There will be very little interaction between players early on, but fear not for that is only temporary. I promise every one WILL be coming together eventually. However, all players will initially be surrounded by NPC characters. As of right now, I have already created upwards of 25 NPCs, with more to come once I see the character applications. For the most part, the early stages of this RP will be dominated by Player-GM interactions, which means this RP will be very demanding of me. Hopefully you can see now why I require my players to be proficient writers.

As of writing, the plan is for this role play to play like an RPG. There will be stats, experience, quests, and there's even a preliminary combat system that's currently being further developed. These aspects of the RP won't be relevant right off the bat, but they are indeed going to be present. By the time the RP is ready to begin, I will have a complete layout for everyone so that no one is confused about how the combat system works and what to expect from it. For now, I'm still working on it, so unfortunately there isn't much I can say.

The Rules

So of course, all typical RP and RPN rules apply here. No god modding, bunnying, yada yada. With that in mind, here are some other rules that will be enforced.
1. For the time being, everyone is allowed only one character.
2. Everyone is required to write at least three paragraphs per post. Try to use this as a chance to improve your writing skills if you feel that may be a challenge. A good writer should have no problem doing at least that much.
3. If you seem to be making a certain mistake (breaking a rule) consistently, you will be called out for it. If you continue making that mistake, you will be warned. After that you may be subject to expulsion.
4. Everyone is required to write in third person limited pov. First person will not be tolerated. Also, write in past-tense please.
5. This role-play will deal with mature themes, but try to stay within RPN rules when writing mature sections.
6. If a problem arises, please bring it up with me first.

Navigation
Character Creation Thread
Out of Character Chat
The Role-play/IC

Last edited:
How many people were you looking for to participate in this?
I would love to have a character for each faction, but I could easily do less, and I can also try to do more. I think any more than twelve would be too much for me though.

Alrighty, the character creation thread is up and running. I'll be working on the combat system over the weekend, so stay tuned for that. There is a new accordion slide on the first post labeled "navigation," the links for the other threads are located there.
Adachi Adachi Lexielai Lexielai avira avira

Woah this blew up rather suddenly, glad to see it! We're definitely still open!

I've been following this, but since I am lame and haven't said anything until now, I was waiting to see how many people that have already said something are going to post characters. xD

I've been following this, but since I am lame and haven't said anything until now, I was waiting to see how many people that have already said something are going to post characters. xD
Two have been accepted. Im waiting on Adachi Adachi to finish his but apparently he's a hot shot right now going on endless dates, and Lex is busy and said he'll get his in later. No word from the others :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back