• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Guardians of Xandriel

Semblance said:
Yeah I would be okay with either human or guardian if someone needs a partner :) I'm probably going to wait for the actual roleplay to be posted before I decide though
Would you mind being my human ? It's fine if you don't want to but I just would like to have a partner before posting a CS. Nice to see you, by the way ❤️

I need a partner before I bother making anything other then a Fallen Guardian, hopefully a good one this time. So, give me a shout if you need a partner. I have a more solid idea for a Guardian, but I can also be the human.

[QUOTE="Of the Red]Would you mind being my human ? It's fine if you don't want to but I just would like to have a partner before posting a CS. Nice to see you, by the way ❤️

[/QUOTE]
ahaha yeah of course! nice to see you too :)

Hello. Welcome, welcome. So, down to buisness. Would you like to be the human, or the guardian?

[QUOTE="Kurai Okami]i would liike to b a guardian plz

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to RPN! Now, please don't laugh at the natives...

Who/what are you?:

My name is Cylo and I am an
Elemental who is still willing to be a Guardian. Many of my kind have either talked about separating or have separated from their Humans long ago if they decided to be a Guardian in the first place. I am glad I don't share the same issue for now. However, I do understand the fed-up's belief of mankind's ignorance and cruelty, so I might go easy on those who share those ideas.

Why are you here?:

To believe that I serve a purpose in this world. I mean, you can't be here for no reason. I am one to think that good things come from those who work hard, not from those who wait. I believe that, with my Human by my side, we can do great things. Possibly even greater than just a Human or Fallen by themselves. There is truth that strength is in numbers, after all.

What do you want?:

I admire the Humans' ability for compassion and understanding and I would like to receive or at least witness such generosity. What I truly want is to be needed and to be loved. I cannot receive those things from other Elementals, but their indifference will not stop me.

How will you get it?:

Through hard work and dedication. And also from the support and love from my Human. Why I put so much faith into a Human I will never know... I trust them more than my own kind.

What could stop you?:

Many things: failure, heartbreak, broken friendships, mistrust, and so much more.

@Kurai Okami

Hey there! Welcome to RPNation!

Night everyone. I'll do my best to get the rp up tomorrow night. I'm glad everyone seems excited about this :D

Human for me it is then. I was going to get all philosophical as a Guardian, but oh well. Now, off to bed with me, for the most part, and I shall begin braon storming my character.

Oh god, 21 people are watchin this. So that's, at least, 21 characters. Tha doesn't include the second characters some people will make. Or the randoms that will join up. Oh gods, theres going to be a lot of characters and I'll only be responding to a small amount ar one time.

Damn... I leave for a day, come back and all hells broken loose, so many damn posts.

Ill play either or Human or guardian for whomever doesn't have a partner. I have idea's for both. *shrugs* any who lets all give our thanks to Lithia for giving us an idea we can really 'Sink' our metaphorical teeth into.

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Damn... I leave for a day, come back and all hells broken loose, so many damn posts.
Ill play either or Human or guardian for whomever doesn't have a partner. I have idea's for both. *shrugs* any who lets all give our thanks to Lithia for giving us an idea we can really 'Sink' our metaphorical teeth into.

[/QUOTE]
I'll be your Guardian Mate.

Duly noted my good man, but I agree with Semblance on the bit of lets wait and see what the hell goes down with the actual Rp eh?

Alright, so I need to get something out to the masses. And I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way, but it needs to be said.

The vast majority of you don't seem to get the point of Character Concepts.

What I am trying to do is wade out the people who throw up a character sheet before they have the vaguest idea of what they want by trying to give them some breathing room to think of a character before they commit to vomiting on a character sheet. What people are doing is vomiting on the concept sheet instead, and as a result end up creating a bland, two-dimensional pickle-on-a-stick with no hope for character development because there's no direction for them to go in. I don't want awkwardness in a can, and I don't want "rawr look at me I've got issues *hairflip*".

The only concepts I've seen (between the ones on this page and the ones in PM) who seem to have some idea of what they want are Cat-With-Glasses and Spongebob, aka @Dethrix and @Guilded Clover (moreso the former, but spongebob's got a good thing going too). Granted, they've still got a little ways to go, but they're definitely headed in the right direction. If you need further clarification of what I mean, go check them out - they're both on this thread.

Now, that being said:

@Cat-With-Glasses: You still need to explore more deeply into the actual fall itself. The fall is an immensely strenuous and terrifying thing. Think about the time before that transition. It's possible you might know of the Prime Fallen, but more likely you don't and were still possessed by the myth that a Guardian who kills his own Human dies - not only making it unthinkably evil in the culture you were brought up in, but literally a murder-suicide. Now, this can be a premeditated act, a build-up over time, or just a momentary, maddening snap, but you need to think about what conditions your Guardian would have to be in to justify that decision.

@Spongebob: I can see that your character's curiosity can go places, but you've got to be thinking as well about what drives her in a physical sense. The desire to learn and be virtuous is one thing, but there's got to be something more visceral to her motivations. "Being good" is a very vague concept that opens the door for a whole range of moral dilemmas (do the means justify the end, does saving one life justify taking another, etc.). Be more specific about what she values and what she doesn't. I know it's difficult to create interpersonal relationships with how few characters we have right now, and the fact that you don't have a puny hyooman yet, but focus on the self first and we can go from there when more come.

I'm not sure everyone will actually join and there are those waiting before they decide on their partner. I'm waiting on a friend to see if she wants to play my human's guardian but if she doesn't come online soon I still have to find someone myself.

Kewl. Well, if there's still people waiting, then I'll wait as well before deciding. I think I'll probably go with a guardian, but I'll see where my nefarious scheming will lead me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back