• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

lostMermaid

Everyone on earth has a guardian angel. Someone to look over there shoulder except you. You have always had the worst luck in the whole world like no one is on your side then one day you find out why. Your standing on the edge of a bridge in the middle of the night you have already lost everything, everyone as your about to jump a large thin a hand grabs you and pulls you off the ledge. You whip around and see huge bright eyes staring back at you, you grab your phone trying to grasp for light as you shine the light on the figure you see large teeth curled into a smile. Your eyes widen as this thing stares back at you. ”I’m sorry for being late, I'm remmy your demon guide.

Attachments

• 6BC63811-842F-4860-960E-64CF7B64F19B.jpeg
    6BC63811-842F-4860-960E-64CF7B64F19B.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1
Standing back and watching the city from a high, isolated place was usually his favourite pastime, but knowing it would be his last Lucas closed his eyes and sighed, enjoying the cold night air running through his hair, trying to calm his thoughts. Why did life have to be so cruel? What did he do to deserve such a crap life? Why couldn’t he just be left alone, live his life without the constant judgement from family and peers? Lucas was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the stream of hot, angry tears running down his face till the droplets landed on his hand, pulling him away from the train of thought, before

“It can’t hurt that bad, right?” He thought, roughly wiping away the tears and standing up, peering over the edge of the bridge at the fast paced traffic below. “Would anyone even notice? Would they care? Its not like I have much to loose..”
Lucas climbed up on the edge, his body shaking as he slowly stood up, arms spread out to balance himself.

“Can I really do this? Is it a mistake? No, this is better for everyone, you won’t have to deal with anyone’s shit anymore.” Staring down at the traffic below, everything else became a blur, his breathing rate and heart beat was fast, maybe from the sheer terror of what could happen, or perhaps it was excitement? He didn’t care anymore, it didn’t matter. Taking what he thought would be his last breath he lent forward expecting to fall, but instead he felt a cold, large hand wrap round his shoulder and pull him roughly away from the edge. Confused, and slightly dazed from hyperventilating, he looked up to see who had stoped him, but it was too dark.

Searching for his phone, Lucas started yelling at the mystery interferer “What the hell was that for?! It’s my life not yours, I can do what I wa-“ he stopped mid way through the rant, staring up at the tall, Ghostly figure before him.

Whatever it was, it wasn’t a person, with spindly limbs, long tendrils, big, glowing eyes and a long, trailing dress made of natural materials, It appeared female, but definitely wasn’t human. The creature twisted its face into a wide, demonic smile and spoke up.’

“I’m sorry for being late, I’m Remmy, your demon guide” she said, looking down at him.

“I.. “ he said, trying to force out a response, but his breath hitched in his throat, making his response a mere squeak. He knew everyone had an angel, but this wasn’t it. The eerie creature that stood before him wasn’t the peaceful helper that was promised to everyone, no, this felt wrong. The creature started intently at him, as if she was waiting for a reply. “Ah.. that’s fine” he said in a strangled voice, before falling forward and collapsing at the demons feet.

Within the deepest parts of the world, there is a hole that goes beyond the core of the earth. It's dark and musky within this whole the devil rules and demons run rampant. Hell runs like any other businesses the more souls you get the higher your rank. There are also rules and consequences for breaking those rules.

I broke the big rule I stabbed big reds, precious human pet. Now I am assigned to a mouth breathing human. I guess I have to be angel-like and watch over this thing.

Climbing around hell trying to get back to the place in which a dwell is a nightmare. It's so overcrowded down here cause of all the midcentury sins that have become a regular. Just trying to find my portal glass just to see this human and what he looks like. I finally make it through my entrance to find my place just the way I like it. Cold, dark and musky the trees make it feel the way it did before I became like this. ”Now let's find this human,” I say to myself.

Waving my hand across the reservoir, it brakes onto a dark city skyline. ”Welp there he is, on a bridge above the highway, ” I say quietly as I watch him. Thinking quietly to myself, ” um what is he doing up there, ” as he climbs over the guardrail of the bridge.

Realizing what he was about to do I slide into my portal.

Hearing him talking to himself ’Can I really do this? Is it a mistake? No, this is better for everyone, you won’t have to deal with anyone’s shit anymore.”watching him as he stares down at the below. The second I hit the ground me and him linked I could feel his breathing rate and heart beat increase, was it from the sheer terror of what could happen, or perhaps he was excited. Watching him take a deep breath he lent forward, I reached out my cold, large hand wrap round his shoulder and pull him roughly away from the edge. I was confused at this human action and why he felt the need to fall into traffic. He whipped around fast almost angry, looking up at me I smile trying to look less monstrous.

Scrambling in his cloths he started yelling at me “What the hell was that for?! It’s my life not yours, I can do what I wa-“ then he stopped mid way through the rant, staring up at me.

“I’m sorry for being late, I’m Remmy, your demon guide” I announced, looking down at him.

His heart rate increase again and he seemed very panicked. As he tried to spit out what sounded like word. He collapsed at my feet. So I sat there and waited for him to wake up. Seeing that he is still breathing and the rate of his heart was back to what I assume is a normal human rate we sat there for most of the night, before his eyes started to open.

The night went on with no further interaction, and it wasn’t until the early hours that Lucas finally started to come round. Having only a few slithers of memory from last nights events, he woke in confusion, only remembering the suicidal thoughts, a strange creature and the views from the edge.

“Ugh... my head” he groaned, sitting up, blinking a few times to adjust to the light of the rising sun. “I did it, .... I went through with it, I killed myself.. so why am I still here? Am I a ghost?!” He looked down at his hands, touching them to make sure he wasn’t a spirit, sighing in relief to see that he was still flesh and blood.

“Wait, if I’m not a ghost, then I must be In the afterlife..” He thought, his eye catching the nearby figure. I’m the soft glow of the sunrise he could see the details of her body, a slim, well defined figure, long pointed claws and piercing, bright eyes. A demon, the offspring of satan himself, a collector of souls and a dweller of the underworld.

“So...” he said, finally addressing the demon “If you’re a demon, and I’m dead.. is this hell? Looks pretty similar to home, but then again home was pretty hellish. Are you gonna take my soul?”

Looking down at the lost soul in front of her she sorta smiles. The night on earth is shorter than it is down below. Watching him curiously, he looks down at himself examining his hands. He looks up to me with his big brown eyes.

After a few moments he opens his mouth ’so, ’ he says. “If you’re a demon, and I’m dead.. is this hell? Looks pretty similar to home, but then again home was pretty hellish. Are you gonna take my soul?,” He asks confused.

I look down at him as I reach my hand towards him. He seemed to retract himself from my touch. ’ No this is not hell, you didn't die, ’ I said to him. Looking at him and seeing his eyes search for answers I openly exclaimed, ’ Hello I'm remmy and I'm your Guardian Demon.’

The creature smiles, her gaze fixed intently on the boy before her. She outstretched her hand towards him, but he pulls away, not fully trusting the strange entity.

She spoke “Hello, I’m remmy, and I’m your guardian demon.”

Never you’ll you hear such words together, guardian and demon, it wasn’t right, like saying the fire was cold, or that the sun was dark. Demons were creatures of anarchy, beings that lack empathy and any further emotion than chaos, so why would one label itself a guardian? The whole scenario seemed sketchy, but at least Lucas wasn’t dead.
“Remmy huh? And you’re my guardian? Since when did demons decide to interfere with people, in a way that doesn’t send them insane or drive them to crime? Isn’t that what you guys are all about?” He asked, his gaze fixed intently on Remmy, watching her with a tone of skepticism. Something about her felt... off, but he couldn’t figure out what it was.

I looked down at him with my half crooked smile. ’ This is my punishment, I didn't follow my orders and I got settled with an angels duty’, I said nonchalantly.

Looking at his face twisted into a gaping hole, I look at him and yawn. ’ So what is there to eat around this place, ’ I say ignoring the face he was making.

I put my hand out to help him off the ground, he hesitates.

The demon twists her face into a wider smile, and answers smugly. “This is my punishment, I didn’t follow my orders and got settled with an angels duty” She said, looking somewhat pleased with herself.

Lucas’s jaw dropped upon hearing this. A demon doing an angels work? Surely there was a mistake, I mean... who would put a demon in charge of an angels duty? The two couldn’t be more different. Remmy roller her eyes and yawned.

“So, what is there to eat around this place?” She asked, holding out her hand to help Lucas up, to which he declined.

“Uh... there’s a pizza place just down the street, or there’s a bar nearby.. depending on what your personal tastes are.” He said, getting up from the floor and taking a few crumpled five dollar notes from his pocket. “My names Lucas by the way. If you’re gonna be stuck with me for a while then we might as well get to know each other”

She at the the boy as he declined her hand and got up on his own. ’ There's a pizza place down the street, or a bar nearby depending on your taste, ’ he said. With a tad bit of confusion in his voice.

’My name is Lucas by the way. If your gonna be stuck with me for a while we might as well get to know one another, ’ he said looking towards me still with that screwball look on his face.

As we start the walk down the small sidewalk, the city semi-quiet, my feet barely touching the ground I ask ’ so what's your favorite thing to do, I mean other than clearly jumping off bridges?’

The smells of human food flooding my nose was pleasant enough for me to kinda spin in the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back