• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Group Escape RP (Nonary Games): Fantasy Version

Computing Magus

I need a King's Rock
You and several other people, approximately 9, wake up in separate cabins. A watch assigned with a number from one to nine is assigned to your wrist. You exit the room for now, and suddenly across the halls, there are others... asking questions, confused, because they swore they slept in their respective homes last time. An erratic, robotic voice then blurts along the halls:

"Welcome, participants. Hope you've all slept well, because you need a refreshed mind to plan your escape... don't, and you just might die. Hunger or the sort... we shall see..."

Heard that? Guess you should escape! But first, the premise and some info:

Q: ...um, what? Where do I start... what is this even like?
A: Heard of the Nonary Games? Good. If not, this is an escape RP, where you must escape a relatively large ship. This isn't as easy as finding the stairs to access the poop-deck and find the lifeboats; you will be usually split apart by groups, and there are puzzles and obstacles. You might even need to backtrack to open that locked door earlier with a key you just found. It is quite possible to die due to various reasons here, and usually only if ya dun goofed. That's the best as I can summarize it.

Q: Escape, got it; anything else?
A: Nope, I hope that this won't get too complicated and scare off the players and it becomes boring.

Q: So, why is this Fantasy?
A: At first, I thought I would have limited this to humans. But BAM, why not other kinds of characters? Robots, fairies, name it. That's all what really makes this fantasy. This is a modern-day earth setting, though, and you are stuck on a luxurious-looking cruise on who knows where. You're character could have woken up from a different planet/reality/universe altogether.

Mechanics:
You will be assigned a random number from one to nine, indicated by a stylish, unmovable watch on your left wrist. What's so important about this watch, to identify you are Specimen #4 or something? Nope, please, keep up with me and don't be afraid to ask questions. Anyway...

Doors you and your groups will travel to will be labeled with a number from 1 to 9. To enter these special doors, only 3 - 5 people may enter. This doesn't end there however; remember your watches? You and your two-four other friends who want to enter the door must meet a qualification as explained in this example:

Example: All nine of you decide to trust each other, walk along, blah blah blah, but then you see a door labeled with the number 7. To enter, the sum of all entering people must be equal to 7, no more no less. One combination is shown below:

1 + 2 + 4 = 7

Therefore, people with the numbers on their watches of 1, 2, and 4 are the only ones who can enter said door, and must be the only ones allowed in, and also must enter together.

Q: WAIT! What about the other people!? Do you mean they must be left behind?
A: Haha, excellent question! If ever the others want to enter instead, add the first and second digit of a two digit number so that it matches the door number:

Combination 1:
1 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 16
1 + 6 = 7, the door's number

Thus, instead of person 2, the two people with the watches 5 and 6 can replace him instead to enter the door.

Combination 2:
2 + 3 + 7 + 8 + 5 = 25
2 + 5 = 7, the door's number

This 5-person combination can thus also enter door number 7; think up of other combinations of who could enter that door for yourself!

Also, yes, this does quite mean it is possible to get separated and be left behind.

The sum of the first and second digit is called the digital root, and is used so that other's can create various combinations of people to enter a numbered door. Remember, you cannot enter if your number does not add up to the door, and if you don't meet the minimum and maximum amount of people to enter a door. I hope this explains everything!

Also, one last thing; the final door to your freedom is a door with a 9.

Think about what this means, my friend...
Alright, please say if you're interested before I make the thread! Also, ask if you think something needs explaining. I'm all ears!

Last edited:
Im afraid I cant relate, I never was a fan of these types of roleplays because I have trouble drawing actions out and i get bored easily,but alas, ill give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back