• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gotham’s Descent - Adv Lit [Batman, 1x1]

BlxckWyvern

Reclaimer
With the publicity the Court of Owls is getting, and the Caped Crusader being very relevant... I figured I’d try my luck. I do hope you enjoy reading this advertisement!
I’ve been a fan of Batman for as long as I can remember- my comic collection began to pile and pile up; I watched every movie, TV series, and played any game related to him times over. Soon I began to understand him absolutely- his brooding and protectiveness; his immense intellect to his sheer ferocity. Coupled with the fact I love to write... I just knew I had to be him.

So, what’s a Batman without his Catwoman? I’m looking for someone to take the mantle of Selina Kyle as we explore the duo taking on what is possibly their biggest challenge yet- together.
I am looking for an adv-lit/novella partner for this; as I want to really dive into the complexity of our characters, and Gotham City— really enjoy the story. I probably don’t have to say this, but there will definitely be romance, and that will actually be a big part of this Roleplay. You also must be okay with some mature themes- such as strong language and gore, because Gotham is a deep, dark place... that goes without saying. I don’t mind if you don’t completely know DC inside-and-out, but at least hold some knowledge of Batman’s immediate allies and villains- also known as the Rogues Gallery. I do intend for us to balance out playing side characters such as the Bat Family, and the all-important villains. I think that’s all of my requirements out the way! Please do enjoy the plot below- let it be known I have a Discord, which is largely prefer RP’ing on. I can give that out in DM’s. Please don’t contact me via Reddit’s chat system, as I will only be answering my PM’s.

Plot:

2020, Gotham City, the State of New Jersey.
The solemn streets, slick with rain, howl a hallowed past, and allude to the dark future of the mega city.
Neon scintillates in puddles, the luminescent gloom of Wayne Enterprises.
For once, it’s quiet.
Gothamites know what it’s like to live again- as humans.
All until The Dark Knight stumbles upon a lone cadaver, stowed away on the smoky, gritty rooftops of Gotham’s East End.
Faceless, mutilated; its gender stripped from it, from diabolical surgical meddling.
Even to the grizzled, hardened vigilante, it’s a grim sight.
Next to it, on the archaic, charcoal black bricks: “IMPERFECT”, written in cheap white paint, as if it was a form printed From a computer... a steady hand conveying its message to the world.
This was no murder, robbery, assault.
This was a targeted crime against humanity.
And Batman was working on borrowed time, until he struck again.

Though the reign of the Caped Crusader was famed and absolute, the East End had its own reluctant protector... the elusive Catwoman.
Upon her mischievous deeds, the cat burglar stumbles upon a similar sight- a deceased soul, carved in the same way.
Batman and Catwoman decide to partner up, to catch this abhorrent killer...
But, unbeknownst to them, it was all a distraction.
A deep seated malevolent corruption Imbeds itself within City Hall, using the string of shocking murders as something to keep Gotham’s protector occupied.
Now the unlikely duo is forced to do more than simply investigate a murder, but save Gotham City from an invasion centuries in the making...
The Court of Owls have decided to strike- with Batman and Catwoman being the only driving force to stop them.
With an attack from all fronts, the duo bond in a fight for their lives...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back