Other Got a favorite quote?

"You can make a joke out of anything. As long as it is structured" George Carlin making stand up on rape

"Groovy" Ash from evil dead 2

"I have awoken after poking my master's boobs" The main character of high school dxd born

"America is just a big mall. Next to the malls are the mini malls in between the mini malls are the grocery stores and in between the grocery stores are the gas stations!" George Carlin doing stand up about American culture

Here are a few of my favorite Harry Potter quotes because...I love Harry Potter. Who doesn't? ( I'm a Slytherin. xD )

• "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean that it is not real?" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows
  • "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could have all been killed - or worse, expelled." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone
  • "Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
  • "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Askaban
  • "Have a biscuit, Potter." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
  • "Scars can come in handy. I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone

And here is a long one from my favorite book series, The Darkest Minds. TDM is my everything.

• “Black is the color that is no color at all.
    Black is the color of a child's still, empty bedroom. The heaviest hour of night-the one that traps you in your bunk, suffocating in another nightmare. It is a uniform stretched over the broad shoulders of an angry young man. Black is the mud, the lidless eye watching your every breath, the low vibrations of the fence that stretches up to tear at the sky.
    It is a road. A forgotten night sky broken up by faded stars.
    It is the barrel of a new gun, leveled at your heart.
    The color of Chubs's hair, Liam's bruises, Zu's eyes.
    Black is a promise of tomorrow, bled dry from lies and hate.
    Betrayal.
    I see it in the face of a broken compass, feel it in the numbing grip of grief.
    I run, but it is my shadow. Chasing, devouring, polluting. It is the button that should never have been pushed, the door that shouldn't have opened, the dried blood that couldn't be washed away. It is the charred remains of buildings. The car hidden in the forest, waiting. It is the smoke.
    It is the fire.
    The spark.
    Black is the color of memory.
    It is our color.
    The only one they'll use to tell our story.” - Alexandra Bracken, In The Afterlight ( The Darkest Minds #3 )

I have a million Stephen King quotes that I want to put here, but this is my favorite one. I love Stephen.

• "Quite people have the loudest minds." - Stephen King

Mk, I think that is all. <33

So many...

"If an artist falls in love with you, you will never die."

"The devil doesn't come to you with is red face and horns; he comes disguised as everything you've ever wanted."

"I make no apologies for the way I chose to repair what you broke." (Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy)

"If I ever let my head down, it will just be to admire my shoes."

"Maybe that was love. Choking sounds and silence." (from Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye...that just kind of caught my attention and it's stuck with me ever since for some reason...actually made me laugh if I'm totally honest.)

"Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement."

I've got tons more; my high school art teacher did a unit on calligraphy (in which the projects were quotes we liked) and I kind of became obsessed.

And since we're talking about Harry Potter...

"I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year....by accident, of course."

"Alas...earwax."

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument."-Leonard Ravenhill

I tend to use this quote often in my life and I find it true in most scenarios.

I go through phases. Right now is edgelord central with my signature quote from Tyler the Creator's song Garbage.

be8ada34fa1cb91bc8028904539ad2d0.jpg

TØP trash...

I'd rather hate you for everything you are

Than ever love you for something you are not

I'd rather you hate me for everything I am

Than have you love me for something that I can't"

— Five Finger Death Punch

"Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness even in a world that hates it."

- Tenmyouji, Virtue's Last Reward

Last edited by a moderator:
"Understanding is a three edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth."

-Ambassador Kosh, Babylon 5.

"a book of mine where a sound heart and a deformed conscience come into collision and conscience suffers defeat"

The quote from Mark Twain it sounds so beautiful in my mind of a sorts. Just the wording gives a beautiful picture.

"So many books, so little time" - Frank Zappa

"A room without books, is like a body without a soul" - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You're killin me Smalls..." - Sandlot

"You missed! How could you miss?! he was three feet from you!" - Mushu, from Mulan

"Cower, worship, beg, they're all valid reactions."

"Impending doom - exciting, isn't it?"

"Lighten up, destruction needn't be a maudlin affair."

"The stars weep for you. Just kidding - I already forgot your name."

"Eat shit and die."

"Groovy."

I'll be surprised if someone knows where all these are from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back