• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Golden Oak Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Destri Lin - 007
interactions: Darcy [ Pumpkid Pumpkid ], Dominic [ Stretch Stretch ]

Destri raises an eyebrow at Dominic's words to Darcy, then raises both when she sees him lean in closer, although she can't hear his words. She may not have much experience around people, but she is sure that isn't a normal thing to do. Still, it's none of her business, and as long as it isn't she'll try not to worry too much about it.

"Yes, I am sure," she responds to Dominic's question, "After all, I can just sleep more on the weekend if I really require it. Please do not worry about it."

Destri leans back in her chair, staring at the ceiling far above her. It's pretty, she notes, what with the spotless marble pillars reaching up to it and the detailed patterns covering the edges.

"So," she says, snapping back to the conversation, "Where do you two want to go tonight? I do not mind anything."

Last edited:

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Dominic Stretch Stretch Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers
Darcy nods in agreement with Dominic. If Destri requires rest for her body to rejuvenate, it should be a given. Health comes first before fun after all. Who’s to say she won't collapse any minute from the lack of sleep? Darcy would hate to be the cause just because she was eager to scratch her curious itch.

Still, Destri seemed determined to follow, and it’s not like it will take long either. It’s simply a routine of Darcy she wanted to share with her friends. “Are you absolutely sure? I don't want you to pass out over it. It’s not a big deal.” She lied. Destri reassured everyone she could sleep it off during the weekend which is not as convincing considering tomorrow will be the start of school. Even so, who is Darcy to tell Destri what to do? “If you say so.”

She then turns to Dominic who compliments her optimism. How could she not be amped up to view something important in a different area? She’s glad the brunette is on board, but the sudden closeness threw Darcy in for a loop especially the way he whispered into her ear. She was clueless to decipher what he meant but biologically, her body reacted causing goosebumps to crawl all over her skin. Her cheeks began to heat up, and her heart skipped a beat at the mention of being alone. It was as if he had personally written a poem for her ears only. Darcy drops her gaze and mumbles, “oh um…y-yeah…likewise.” Her cat tail coils around her thigh as a sign of being shy while playing with the hem of her dress.

The pause was broken as Destri asked where Darcy wanted to go. She quickly snaps out of her daze and begins to lead the way out of the great hall. “I’m not really sure to be honest. All I know is I am searching for a certain area.” Darcy looks at both ends of the hall to decide on where to go. She turns right, and proceeds, “it will make sense when we get there. With a tall structure comes a vantage point, right?” She keeps searching for about ten minutes turning from hall to hall until she finds some stairs. “Aha!” Darcy races up the steps which leads her to the rooftop. As expected, the view of the city lights is visible from a distance from a height. “This isn't what I wanted to see per se.” Darcy leans against the edge of the roof and stares at the city lights and the sunset behind it. She silently waits not answering her friends until night completely consumes the sky.

Darcy smiles and points up. “That’s what I wanted to see.” An array of stars shimmering brightly from above can be seen. Her eyes reflect the billions of stars. She sighs content admiring both the city lights dancing around with the starlit night despite the cold air. She doesn't mind as long as she gets to marvel at the picturesque scene. “I’ve always wanted to see the city for myself. The way it’s constantly awake even during the night. People enjoying the nocturnal life. I mean, I love the stillness of the night, but sometimes I wonder whvat the city holds, ya know?” Darcy tucks a strand of hair behind her ear as the cool breeze picks up. She raises her index finger glows orange. She ignites a fire from her finger tip and chants something under her breath. Suddenly, from the small flame splits dozens of glowing balls that take shape into butterflies. They scatter as they fly away, but eventually disappear. “My first magic trick I ever learned.” She turns to her friends. “What about you guys?” She looks at both, but as soon as she meers Dominic's gaze, she blushes and shits her sights elsewhere.

Destri Lin - 008

Destri rushes to keep up, slowing to a stop at the rooftop. She leans a little against the edge of the roof, next to Darcy. She nearly falls asleep waiting, but in the end, it's worth it to see all the stars light up the sky. "It is really pretty," she agrees with Darcy.
Destri politely applauds Darcy's little performance, then thinks a bit at the question. "I am not quite sure if this is my first magic trick, per se," she says, "But it is definitely something I learned early on."
She removes her gloves, revealing the red and orange patches covering her hands. After a little bit of extra concentration, her hands light up a warm orange, and then after a few more seconds, they burst into flame. She lets the fire grow for a few seconds, then relaxes, the fire dropping along with her shoulders. "It is not as impressive as yours, Darcy," Destri says, "But I am pretty out of practice with that one. Father had a curriculum, so that is probably why the first few things were so basic." She pauses, putting her gloves back on. "If I had anything else on me, I could have changed the colour of the fire, but I do not, so." She trails off.
She turns to Dominic. "How about you?"

Last edited:
Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ), Destri ( creativeflowers creativeflowers )

Dominic's heart swelled with warmth as he beheld the endearing sight of Darcy's bashful demeanor, a delicate moment that lingered fleetingly before she assumed the lead, guiding him and Destri with a quiet determination. Their destination unfolded atop the academy's rooftop, where Darcy patiently awaited the emergence of the starlit night to share her thoughts. Under the celestial canopy, she unveiled a mesmerizing exhibition of her fiery magic, igniting the sky with a captivating dance of flame butterflies, casting a spellbinding aura upon the night.

"Well, well, Darcy, I must say, your magic trick certainly adds to the enchantment of this evening." Dominic's voice carried a hint of admiration as he leaned casually against the rooftop's edge, his gaze lingering on Darcy.

"But you know, as captivating as city lights and magic tricks are, I find myself utterly spellbound by your presence." His words were accompanied by a smirk, his tone laced with a playful tease.

"Though I must confess, I'm more intrigued by the magic that dances within your eyes than any trick up your sleeve. It's as if each glance from you sparks a fire in my soul."

Dominic's gaze flickered between Darcy and the twinkling stars above, his expression softening as he continued, "'Course, that's not to say the sparks from your very hands aren't breathtaking."

He winked before continuing. "And while the allure of the city may be irresistible, I find myself drawn more to the mysteries that unfold in the company of captivating companions."

Dominic turned to Destri as she spoke, his eyes shimmered with genuine interest as he listened to Destri's account of her own magical prowess.

"Destri, that was absolutely amazing," he said softly, his voice carrying a warmth that mirrored the flickering flames on her hands.

"Your control over the fire speaks volumes about your dedication and skill, regardless of any perceived simplicity."

He took a step closer, his gaze shifting between the two women with a quiet admiration.

"It's moments like these, shared among friends under the blanket of a starlit sky, that truly highlight the beauty and wonder of magic in all its forms."

With a thoughtful expression, Dominic considered Destri's question, his eyes drifted upwards towards the vast expanse of the night sky.

"As for my own experiences with magic..." he began, his tone reflective.

He reached out a hand, his fingers grazed lightly over the cool surface of the rooftop.

"...For me, magic isn't just about flashy displays or grand gestures," he explained, his voice carrying a hint of reverence.

"It's about the subtle connections we share with the world around us, the gentle currents that bind us to something greater than ourselves."

A soft smile played at the corners of Dominic's lips as he met Destri's gaze.

"Perhaps it's in the way a gentle breeze rustles through the leaves, or the way sunlight dances upon the surface of a tranquil stream," He suggested as tiny points of light began to twinkle into existence, scattered throughout the rooftop like celestial diamonds.

"To me, those are the moments that remind us of the magic that resides within each and every one of us, waiting to be discovered and cherished."

The lights began to dance. They swirled and twirled in mesmerizing patterns as if they had lives of their own. Each movement was perfectly synchronized, creating a symphony of light that was simply enchanting.

With a quiet sigh of contentment, Dominic turned his attention back to the gorgeous display of stars overhead.

"In the end..." he mused,

"...I believe that true magic lies not in the extraordinary, but in the ordinary moments that we share with one another." Just as he finished, the specks of light concluded their dance.

Dominic extended his hand. His hand became a beacon as an orb of light fell upon his palm, while simultaneously, delicate pinpricks of light descended upon Darcy and Destri, casting a celestial glow upon their faces.

"I apologize if the performance was a little clumsy. Haha... I get nervous around lovely girls." He released the delicate glow cradled in his palm with a gentle exhale, watching it disperse into the night like fine stardust, and in the ensuing darkness, he offered a bashful smile.

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Dominic Stretch Stretch & Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers

As always, Dominic gives Darcy the most profound compliment he can muster. It’s flattering to have earned many praises in one day. She was merely being herself and sharing part of herself to her new friends. “You’re spellbound by me, but I haven't casted anything on you.” She chuckled as Dominic’s flirtation went over her head. It’s strange the way she doesn't understand romance, but her body proceeds to react to the brunette. In truth she felt like she was under his spell. With each suave word off of his lips makes Darcy smile. She felt tranquil at the fact that she can easily amaze the brunette. Darcy shuts her eyes with a hum, finally deciding to reciprocate. “You’re too kind, Dom. It’s almost as if you’re trying hard to get something from me. I know a swindler when I see one.” She winked back.

Darcy turns to Destri who expresses their lack in magic tricks, then removes her glove to show everyone her skills. Darcy watches with intrigue waiting for something to happen. A dim light emanates and then fire appears. Elated was an understatement for Darcy, she was over the moon. Destri is a fellow fire user just like her. The love she has for the element proves to lead to a connection. Darcy grabs Destri’s arm gently and squeals with delight. “That was incredible! You’re a fire user too. No wonder we have a bond. I knew it from the moment we met.” Darcy puffs her chest and nods with full confidence. “Now we can both learn how to wield fire. I mean…I hate to toot my own horn but I say I’m great with it. I know a couple of methods. So if you ever need help let me know. I’d be glad to help you. I can't get enough of fire.” She admitted. When Destri mentions changing the color of the flames, it blows Darcy’s mind. “You have got to teach me how. Imagine making a fire rainbow?”

Dominic graciously encouraged Destri’s performance. With hard work, she will eventually become a master. Darcy couldn't agree. Even more so, sharing magic under the starlight. “Magic has a way of bringing people together. Its name certainly is well deserved. A mystery with a wholesome side.” Dominic then expresses his experiences with magic. The beauty behind it was like a well written verse to a book. “You certainly have a way with words, Mr. Dominic. If you were a writer, I would gladly read each page a hundred times over even if the paper yellows, tears, or crumples.” Her eyes sparkle as she locks eyes with Dominic as if grateful for his unconditional kindness. She drops her gaze and scoffs, a sort of melancholy thought popped up, but she brushes it aside when met with a glowing orb made by none other than the man himself.

She follows closely in awe and holds the orb in her hands. She can feel the warmth come off of it. The same warmth as its owner. They return to Dominic before they disperse. What surprises Darcy is Dominic’s bashful behavior. Always so sure and now he’s suddenly shy? It’s adorable, and refreshing. She smirks and touches his hand. “It’s fine. I personally thought that it was a beautiful display.” She quirks a brow at the sudden compliment.

“Lovely girls, huh?” She leans against the rail propping her chin on her hand. “Is that why you’ve been sweet? Something caught your eye?” Darcy’s tail sways in a playful manner. “No one’s ever called me that before so thank you. I think you're pretty cute too.” She purred and kisses his cheek. She then stretches and yawns. “Ok, I’m ready for bed.”

Somewhere in a mysterious chamber...

A mage reclined on his throne, a sinister smile playing on his lips as his underlings gathered before him, awaiting his words with bated breath.

"My dear comrades..." He began, his voice dripping with honeyed charm,

"I trust you are all aware of the esteemed institution from which I once gleaned my arcane knowledge?"

His underlings nodded eagerly, their eyes glinting with anticipation.

"Well, my loyal followers..." He continued, leaning forward in his seat,

"I have devised a plan. A plan that will set ablaze the very foundations of that so-called bastion of magic."

A murmur of excitement rippled through the room.

"You see..." He went on,

"They have long looked down upon me, casting me aside like a mere afterthought. But no longer shall I tolerate their arrogance. No longer shall I be denied what is rightfully mine."

His eyes gleamed with malice as he spoke, his words casting a dark spell over his listeners.

"We shall sow the seeds of chaos within their walls..." He declared, his voice rising with fervor.

"We shall orchestrate a series of incidents that will leave them weakened and vulnerable. And when the time is ripe, we shall strike with the full force of our might."

A wicked grin spread across his face as he beheld his enthralled underlings.

"And mark my words..." He concluded, his tone laced with menace,

"When the dust settles and the smoke clears, they shall rue the day they ever crossed paths with the likes of us. For we are not merely men. We are instruments of destruction, wielders of power beyond their feeble comprehension."

With a flourish of his cloak, the mage rose from his throne, his underlings hanging on his every word, ready to carry out his bidding and unleash chaos upon their unsuspecting foes.

Corrina "Rina" Appler, Supposedly Blessed Human, Golden Oak Academy.

Rina had listened to what Renji had to say. She giggled a bit at the 'R' trifecta part of what he said. Then Vahan introduced himself, more helpful for Risa this time, who had not heard his name.

"I have to do the same as Risa for Anas here, after that, I am Good to go for some exploring." She then turned to Risa, "That's a good idea, Risa, we should join them after we get our pets into the dorms for safe keeping. I'll definitely be joining Vahan and Renji."

As Rina looked back to Vahan and Renji, she then saw someone else looking for their roommate, and said person had been sitting nearby, minding his own business. She then kept Anas nearby, who was calm and just watching everything going on.

Destri Lin - 009

Destri grins at Dominic's way-too-obvious flirting. She doesn't say anything on the matter, though, just tilts her head in playful acknowledgment. She laughs quietly at the other's reply.
She scratches the back of her neck, pleased by Darcy's praise of her magic. "Thank you," she says, "I will keep that in mind."
She pauses in response to her next comment. "I mean," she says, "It is not very difficult; you just have to know a little chemistry and things along those lines. Father taught me some. Not enough to be too useful, really, but I know what is dangerous to use, and as you said," Destri gestures towards Darcy, "How to make pretty colours."
She smiles at Dominic. "Thank you," she says, "Personally, I do think that my little trick is a bit out of practice, as I am not quite rested right now, but I am glad you think so."
She nods in agreement with Darcy, but raises her eyebrow at the second part of her statement. She doesn't mention it, however. If her new friends want to flirt, that is completely up to them.
Destri is snapped back to reality by the start of Dominic's show. That's the best way she can think of to put it, at least; all the dancing lights and swirling movements have her entranced. She reaches out to the orb of light at the end, but Darcy beats her to it, so she settles for watching the twinkling lights all around her and resisting the urge to try to catch a few.
As the show finishes, she is taken aback by how shy Dominic has become about his performance. "It was amazing," she reassures him, "Probably the best thing I've seen tonight. Of course," she turns to Darcy, "No offence is meant to you." She turns to Dominic again, intending to thank him, when Darcy, again, beats her to it, and starts to flirt with him. She blinks, half to stave off her exhaustion and half because this is at least the third time this has happened in this night alone. Of course, she is happy for them, but right in front of her? Really?
She gladly takes the invitation to go to bed.

Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Darcy ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ), Destri ( creativeflowers creativeflowers )

Dominic flashed a pleasant smile at Darcy's playful banter, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Ah, Darcy, you wound me with such accusations! Here I am, simply basking in your captivating presence, nothing more." His voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper.

"But if you insist on unraveling my secrets, perhaps it's your enchanting company that I seek, hmm?" His gaze danced with amusement as he lightly brushed his fingers against her hand, a subtle yet deliberate touch.

When Darcy praised his way with words, Dominic felt a swell of pride mixed with a touch of bashfulness at her unwavering admiration.

"Ah, your words are like honey to my ears..." He replied with a charming grin, his gaze holding hers with an intensity that spoke volumes.

"...But it is your presence that truly inspires me. Like a muse, igniting the flames of creativity within my soul."

As they stood together, he couldn't help but feel a flutter of nervous excitement at Darcy's touch. Her warmth seeped into his skin, leaving him both exhilarated and slightly off-kilter.

"You flatter me, Darcy..." He murmured, his voice betraying a hint of vulnerability beneath his usual suave demeanor.

"...But truly, it is your beauty that fascinates me."

At Darcy's teasing inquiry about his intentions, Dominic chuckled softly, the sound rich and melodic.

"Perhaps, it is simply fate that brought us together under this starlit sky..." He replied, his tone laced with playful intrigue.

"...Or perhaps..." He added with a mischievous twinkle in his eye,

"...It's just that I can't resist a lovely challenge." He returned her kiss with a gentle affection, savoring the warmth of her lips against his cheek.

Dominic observed Destri's playful acknowledgment of his flirting with a warm smile, appreciating her good-natured response. He admired her ability to maintain a light-hearted demeanor amidst their banter, finding her demeanor refreshing.

As Destri spoke of her magic and her father's teachings, Dominic listened intently, nodding in understanding.

"It sounds like you have a solid foundation..." He remarked, genuinely impressed by her knowledge.

"And I must say, your display was still quite captivating, even if you feel a bit out of practice. Your talent is undeniable."

After he wove his magic, Dominic was gratified to see the wonder in Destri's eyes. Her genuine appreciation warmed his heart, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction at having brought joy to his new friends. Yet, he found himself unexpectedly flustered by Destri's reassurance, her words resonating deeply within him.

"Thank you, Destri..."
He replied, his voice soft with gratitude.

"...Your kindness means a great deal to me." He met her gaze with a sincere expression, his appreciation evident in his eyes.

Dominic couldn't help but chuckle softly, though a hint of bashfulness colored his cheeks.

"You two certainly know how to keep me on my toes..." He remarked with a playful wink, his tone light despite the warmth spreading through his chest.

When the invitation to retire for the night was extended, Dominic readily agreed, feeling a sense of contentment settle over him.

"Then let us retire for now, ladies..." He said.

"But know that in the morning light, I shall eagerly await the chance to continue our delightful conversation." With a final, lingering glance, he waved goodbye to the two girls and left for the boy's dormitory.

His heart danced with anticipation for the adventures yet to come.

Renji Diez
Buoyed by the amused response to his quip about their group Renji grinned showing a slightly longer and sharper than normal set of canines. "Keep that going and you'll need to make notes." He said to Vahan as the other boy introduced himself with a brand new sets of titles then leaned in to give Risa's caged hawk a curious look. "Hauling this guy around while we explore does seem like it wouldn't be fun for either of you." He lifted a hand to poke through the bars and touch the bird but thought better of it while looking at the sharp point of it's beak and straightened up. "So you guys want to drop your stuff and meet in a bit?"

A glint nearby drew Renji's gaze to a pale teen adorned with a rather extravagant amount of jewellery fiddling with his rings. Following the way the necklaces hung on the stranger's slender form with his eyes Renji blinked realising he was staring a little, looking up to catch the stranger's eye he gave a small wave hoping he hadn't been caught out too badly. "Uh...hey."

Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 Wyll Wyll Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Vahan Thod
Interactions: Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )

He smirked at Renji's comment about making notes about his titles. He was certain that if he really thought about it, he could come up with some more titles that he'd acquired over the years. Who knows, maybe he'd even acquire some more titles while he was at the school. He placed his hands on his hips, looking up and pondering options as the girls mentioned needing to take their things back to their rooms. He considered asking to help them with their stuff, but wasn't entirely certain on the school's policy regarding guys in girls dorms. Plus, he also wasn't looking to make anyone uncomfortable. Only then did he consider that he also needed to take his things to his room. He looked over to the corner to make sure they were still there. He'd only brought one large suitcase with him; he'd intended to buy anything else he needed while here. However, he should probably be more careful with how he leaves his stuff around; this wasn't his house anymore.

Vahan watched the cage after Risa talked about Basel. He saw Renji consider petting the bird but then reconsider the value of his finger. The interaction caused Vahan to chuckle a bit, but he also had to admit a curiosity toward the hawk. He'd always found hawks to be particularly majestic animals. Not one to let fear win versus curiosity, Vahan lowered himself into a squat until he was about eye level with the hawk. He looked down at his hand, curling and uncurling his fingers, trying to remember the sensation of having fingers just in case trying to pet the hawk causes him to lose some. He reached his hand toward the cage and placed the back of his fingers against he cage for the hawk to come to him by its own choice, if it wanted. He spoke softly as he watched for a response from the hawk. "I suppose that if you're both taking your things in, I might as well do the same. I saw a pretty nice pond as we were walking here from the entry gates, maybe we could meet up there later tonight when everyone's settled in? Who knows, maybe Renji and I would have found our roommates by then and we can figure out something else to do."

He also heard Renji greet someone but was too occupied with watchin his hand and the hawk. Dungeon diving had taught him that some animals wait until you seem distracted before they strike, and he simple wasn't going to take that chance when his fingers were on the line. Whoever Renji was talking to could wait until he was sure that the hawk didn't fancy the taste of human fingers.

ARCHER STIRLING
Interaction: Renji ( IG42 IG42 )​

Archer smiled, quite satisfied with his current appearance. The lights reflecting off some of the gems of the rings were quite small. Though he would have wanted them to have more lustre, they didn't disappoint his current fashion sense. He closed the lid to his jewellery box before he heard a voice coming from a distance. He looks up from his box to find the same fox-like individual he heard a few moments ago. Assuming that the person was addressing him, he sighs and puts the box back into his pocket and faces the individual. "Yes yes, I'm here," he called out to the fox. He stopped a foot away and leaned in to take a good look at him, his eyes scanned up and down. "You look like a silver person. You should wear more silver," he injected.

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers / Mentions: Dominic Stretch Stretch
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Darcy nods in acknowledgement, and bids Dominic farwell. She looks over to Destri, ”Shall we go?” As the two walk downstairs and down the hall, Darcy replays the events in her head. Today felt like a magical day. She didn't expect so much to happen let alone make friends so quickly. She’s grateful to be able to look forward to her upcoming adventures at school. Ruby was right. The academy certainly is a once and a lifetime opportunity filled with excitement. However, one thing has crossed her mind. Her sudden act towards Dominic. It was out of character for her. She couldn't wrap her head around why she felt so at ease with him like she’s known Dominic for her whole life when really they’ve barely gotten acquainted. Secondly, why didn't she feel the same with Destri? They were both her comrades.

As Darcy locates their dorm, she’s astounded by the cozy room. It was her own space shared with Destri. It wasn't that different from home. Ruby and Darcy sleep in the same bed considering Darcy felt comfortable with Ruby at her side. That being said, she would have to get used to sleeping on her own now. At least Destri is not far apart from her. Darcy marvels at the room peering at every nook and cranny she can set her sights on including under the bed. ”Wow! This is so cool. I’ve never had my own bed before.” Darcy takes the bed away from the door and sprawls on the mattress. ”So comfy.” She hummed. She stares at the ceiling in deep thought, not paying attention to what Destri is doing. ”Hey, Destri? Why did Dominic keep saying those weird things to me? He kept smirking a lot like there was something funny. He’s been whispering real close to my ear too and my body weirdly reacts.” She recalls the times Dominic would lean in and make her heart flutter. She blushes at the memory unconsciously touching her cheek in the process of her daze. ”Am I getting sick? Is that why my body acted on its own? I hope not. It's the first day.”

Darcy sits up in a fit of panic then looks over at Destri fast asleep. Seeing her in a vulnerable state puts a warm smile on her face. ”I guess she was really tired.” Darcy removes her bag then tucks Desti in. She parts her hair for a soft kiss on her forehead, a habit of hers whenever she tuck Ruby in. ”Sleep tight. You deserve it.” Darcy props her hands on her hips and looks at her belongings. Her clothes, and items are all in one place. The final thing to do is organize her stuff. Carefully, and quietly, Darcy figured she could at least unpack some clothes for tomorrow. You can never be too prepared. This ultimately leads to sleeping late with Darcy sleeping on the floor on top of her clothes.

Last edited:
Destri Lin - 010
interactions: Darcy [ Pumpkid Pumpkid ]・mentions: Dominic [ Stretch Stretch ]

Destri quietly follows Darcy as the pair walk down the hallways. She wants to talk to her friend, but she can tell she is deep in thought and doesn't want to interrupt her.
She begins to contemplate her day. She hopes her father will approve of her two new friends, and that she will actually pay attention to academics as well as having fun. She does need to get good grades so she can get a proper job, whatever that means.
Speaking of her friends, Dominic and Darcy seem like nice people, at least by her standards, if more-than-slightly smitten with one another. She is fine with that, though, if they're happy; she wouldn't try to ruin that for them. They would be good for each other if anything.
Unlike her parents, some traitorous part of Destri's mind says.
Destri chooses not to think about that.
She only realises how deep in thought she had been when she almost walks into the doorframe of her dormitory. Sheepishly looking around to make sure Darcy hadn't noticed — thankfully, she hadn't — she steps into the room.
It's nice, she thinks, and it'll be pretty different to have a shared room instead of her solitary one back home, if a little smaller. That is alright, however; she had no idea what to do with the extra space before, and she didn't pack very much stuff. After all, she hadn't been sure how big the rooms would be and she didn't want to encroach on her roommate's space.
Destri slings her bag over the corner of her bed and spins around the middle of the room a little, before sitting down on the bed with a flourish. Now that she knows that there's a tiny chance that besides Darcy, no one is watching, she feels a little more comfortable doing whatever she wants — a very different feeling from home, but a good one nonetheless.
Destri blinks the sleep out of her eyes. She should probably get to sleep at some point, huh? She walks back over to her bag, pausing in front of it, before deciding not to get changed and to go to bed. If she needs something neater tomorrow, she has another few sets of clothes in her bag. She should really thank her father for the bag, she notes, it can hold way more stuff than it seems. She should probably get another to only carry her school supplies, though.
Destri flops onto the bed, sighing. "You haven't had your own room before?" she queries in response to Darcy's first statement. After a few seconds, she hears her friend settle down as well.
She does try to pay attention to what Darcy says after that, but she is quickly becoming more sleepy. After a few more minutes, she is completely still on the bed, other than her breathing. She barely hears Darcy come over to her, then nothing.
It had been a long day.

Last edited:
Professor Alexander Grey
As Alexander Grey strolled into the teacher's lounge of Golden Oak Academy, the soft murmur of conversation and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted him. He headed straight for the antique tea set nestled in the corner, his eyes glinting with anticipation as he prepared to indulge in his morning ritual.

"Ah, Alexander, fancy seeing you here," a voice chimed from across the room.

Turning, Alexander offered a charming smile to his fellow colleague known for her expertise in elemental magic.

"Good morning. In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity, as they say. And what an opportune moment it is, on the cusp of a new academic year."

The female professor chuckled softly, a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

"Indeed. It seems the excitement is palpable among both students and faculty alike. Have you settled into your new classroom?"

"Comfortably ensconced, as always..." Alexander replied, pouring steaming water into his teapot with practiced ease.

"...Though the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Each new class brings its own lessons to be learned."

As Alexander reached for the tea leaves, the female professor's gaze momentarily drifted towards the window, pondering the day ahead. She looked back to Alexander but in that fleeting moment, Alexander had disappeared.

The female professor smiled to herself and shook her head, looking back out the window.

"Still disappearing randomly?" She turned back to find Alexander had reappeared and was sitting. His expression serene as he casually sketched in a leather-bound notebook, seemingly unfazed by his brief disappearance.

"Hm? What ever do you mean? I simply had to depart momentarily to retrieve my notebook." Alexander mused, his tone light as he resumed their conversation without missing a beat.

"Anyways, where were we? Ah, yes, the first day of classes. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And today, our students take that first step on their own paths of discovery."

Suppressing a smile, the female professor nodded in agreement, accustomed to Alexander's peculiar quirks.

"Indeed, Alexander. I have no doubt your illusions will captivate and inspire as always."

With their conversation winding down, Alexander closed his notebook with a flourish, tucking it neatly under his arm.

"Well, it seems our tea break must come to an end. Time waits for no man, as they say. Until next time."

"Until next time, Alexander..." the female professor replied, returning his smile before heading off to her own classroom.

The dawn broke over the towering spires of Golden Oak Academy, casting a soft golden hue across the sprawling campus grounds. As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the trees, a sense of anticipation filled the air, signaling the beginning of a new day and a fresh chapter in the lives of the academy's students.

In the Great Hall, students gathered eagerly, their voices buzzing with excitement as they awaited the start of their first day of classes. The air was alive with energy, a strong sense of anticipation and nervousness mingling together as students exchanged greetings.

At the front of the hall, some faculty members took their places, their expressions a mixture of pride and determination as they prepared to guide their students on their magical journey. Among them stood Master Alaric, the headmaster of Golden Oak Academy, his presence commanding respect and awe as he addressed the assembled students with words of encouragement and wisdom.

"Welcome, students, to the start of a new year at Golden Oak Academy..." He began, his voice ringing out with authority.

"...Today marks the beginning of your journey into the world of magic, where you will learn to harness your powers and unlock your true potential!"

As the bell chimed, signaling the start of classes, a hush fell over the Great Hall, anticipation mounting as students prepared to embark on their first lessons in the arcane arts. With hearts full of hope and minds filled with dreams of greatness, they filed out of the hall and into the corridors, ready to embrace the challenges and adventures that awaited them in the halls of Golden Oak Academy.

Darcy Lockheart
Mentions: Destri creativeflowers creativeflowers & Dominic Stretch Stretch

872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg
Darcy stirs after a blunt object pokes her back. She tries to swat it away, but it snaps back from her movements causing her to yelp awake. She peers at the object responsible, a hanger. She whimpers as she rubs her tired eyes wishing she could return to bed, but realized she was not on her mattress, instead she had fallen asleep on her clothes on the floor in front of the closet. She rises with a long stretch before begrudgingly picking up her clothes off the floor, and shoving them back in her luggage. She will have to sort her clothes later. Right now, she had to prepare for the first day of class. ”What to wear.” She mumbled as she looks over her choice of clothing. Perhaps an outfit she put away in the closet matched with something in her luggage? Yes! Darcy had a perfect outfit for today’s occasion.

While Destri was still asleep, Darcy quickly changed into a forest green, long sleeved crop top sweater matched with a black skirt, stockings, and black boots. She nods approvingly. The only thing left to do is brush her hair. The one thing she can do to it considering hairstyles for her is hard. It felt more natural having it loose. Darcy shakes her head to check for how stable her hair is. Now that she was ready, it’s time to set out. She reaches for her bag, but then remembers Destri is still deep in slumber. She would miss class if she didn’t wake up. She steps over to shake the girl’s shoulder only to have second thoughts at the sight of their peaceful face. It reminded her of Ruby whenever she would nap. Maybe it’s best not to disturb her after all. She did fight off sleep the entire day yesterday, and was kind enough to stay up longer to see the stars. Unaware of her poor decision, she lets her continue to doze off, but not without leaving a note on her bed for her to find that reads,

“Good morning~ I’ve gone on ahead. See you in class :3”

Darcy walks out patting herself on the back for being a good friend. As she wanders through the corridor, she pops a medicine ball to hide her cat ears and tail. Hopefully, nobody has noticed her features. It would be weird to explain what she really is. She wasn’t human nor a cat anymore. She didn’t know what to make of it, yet fetl the same thing a human does. If anything she is an experiment. The dark thought crosses her mind reminded of everyone’s reaction toward her. She wasn’t terrifying at all, right? Destri, and Dominic approve of her. Dominic, her mind goes back to the topic of last night’s weird conversation. It made her act out of character as if responding to Dominic’s energy. The question is, why did she behave in such a manner? Is it wrong, rude, strange, or all of the above? She can’t comprehend the logic behind it. She felt something, that’s for sure. ”Maybe I should forget what happened, and act normally today. I’m sure it’s no big deal.” Darcy tries her best to convince herself drilling that thought into her head.

Breakfast at the great hall was quite a treat. Darcy had never sat in a grandiose room. She felt fancy. She was used to smaller things. It’s cozy, and comfortable. That could just be her inner cat talking too, but the cold can’t seep in, and it’s easy for her home to heat up which is not great in the summer. The booming voice from the headmaster startles Darcy. It’s one way to grab everyone’s attention, she supposed. He welcomed the students to Golden Oak Academy while informing them first day of school awaits them in order to unlock their true potential. Darcy’s eyes light up inspired by the man’s encouragement. She couldn’t wait to learn what the school has in store. To be able to learn all kinds of magic through experienced, talented teachers just like Ruby. She would be walking in her master’s footsteps.

The bell rang signaling the start of class. Darcy quickly bounced to her feet eager to see where she will be stationed for the morning let alone what the topic is. Unfortunately, she had no idea where that class was. She looks in both directions then hangs her head. ”I completely forgot where to go. I should have done that first.” She takes a deep breath, and walks in a random direction. ”No need to panic. You’ll find it.” She stops midway then flails her arms as she freaks out. ”Help, I’m lost!” She cried.

Vahan Thod
Interactions: None
Mentions: Maybe

The sunlight slowly rose over Vahan's body. As it did, it would reveal the dirt on the knee-areas of his pants and the singes that were well...everywhere on his clothes. The part of his skin that showed, while not burnt was noticeably dusty. As the sun beam got to his face, he groaned as the light pierced his eyelids, forcing him awake. He rolled, trying to hide his eyes from the assault of bright light from the sun, only to end up dropping on the hard concrete. He muttered curses but they were muffled by the fact that he was currently kissing a concrete slab.

He attempted to stand up, meaning to push himself up with his hands but as soon as his palms made contact with the concrete, he let out a sharp groan of pain and clutched his hands to his chest, slowly rolling unto his back as the pain washed over him. His hands were still sore because he'd spent all night on the roof of his dorm practicing making colorful fireworks. He'd kept the explosions small and quiet so he didn't disturb anybody; but all night long he was up there just popping one explosion after the other, trying to - at the very least - get it to change color. He only managed to turn the explosion from its usual orange to an ever so slightly lighter, more yellow-looking color before passing out from exhaustion.

He remembered Master Alaric's display from yesterday and remembered the awe it had inspired in him. That showing made it clear to him that coming here wouldn't be a waste. At the very least, he'd seen something new that he wanted to learn. He looked down at his hands and clenched them into fists, wincing at the pain but fighting through it.

Now, he was still on the roof, had woken up in yesterday's clothes, his hands were sore and he felt like he'd gotten about the same amount of rest as a dog during a thunderstorm. What a fantastic way to start the first day of classes. Hopefully he wasn't too late to start getting set for classes. Almost as if in answer to his hopes, the bell tolled and he sighed. He was too late to start getting set for classes.

However, Vahan had been a cave diver for many years now, he's gotten familiar with how to make himself look presentable even when going through a rough cave. So he rolled up the ends of his pants so they got to about halfway between his knee and ankle. He then took off his top completely, revealing a loose-fitting athletic undershirt that hinted at a toned body underneath. He would quickly wipe down the scuff and dirt marks from his skin and abraca-presto, he looked brand new and was ready for the day.

He wasn't too concerned about whether or not he was dressed fancy, knowing that he had both the knowledge and skill to be able to keep up in class no matter what he wore. As he made his way down from the roof and through the hallways, he began looking around and a sigh escaped his lips. None of this looked familiar to him. Just how far away from his room had he wandered? He resolved to walk until he saw somebody that looked around his skill level or someone he recognized and go whichever way they were going. And so he began walking towards where he heard the most people.

OIG1.jpeg
This but Vahan isn't this built. Think less buff, more athletic.

Dominic Hawthorne
Interaction: Vahan ( Wyll Wyll )
Mention: N/A
In the hushed serenity of dawn, beneath the vaulted ceilings of Golden Oak Academy's dormitory, Dominic stirred from his slumber. The soft hues of sunrise painted the walls in a delicate symphony of gold and amber, casting an ethereal glow upon his tranquil abode. Stretching beneath the warmth of his duvet, he allowed himself a moment to savor the anticipation tingling in his veins—it was the first day of classes at the renowned academy of magic, and Dominic could scarcely contain his excitement.

With a languid yawn, he swung his legs over the edge of his bed, relishing the sensation of cool hardwood beneath his feet. The dormitory was a sanctuary of tranquility, the only sound the gentle whisper of morning breezes through open windows. As he ambled towards the washroom, Dominic couldn't help but steal a glance at the ornate mirror adorning the wall. His reflection greeted him with a mischievous grin, his hazel eyes alight with boundless curiosity.

Splashing his face with refreshing water, Dominic felt the weight of anticipation lift from his shoulders, replaced by a bubbling sense of adventure. Today would mark the beginning of an extraordinary journey—one he had eagerly awaited since receiving his acceptance letter to Golden Oak Academy.

Dressed in a crisp long-sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled and form-fitting slacks, Dominic made quick work of his morning routine, his heart thrumming with anticipation.

Stepping into the hallway, Dominic found himself enveloped in a kaleidoscope of activity. Students bustled to and fro, their voices a melodic symphony of excitement and anticipation. Each face bore the mark of a shared destiny, bound by the unbreakable thread of magic that wove through the very fabric of their lives.

As Dominic made his way towards the grand staircase that would lead him to the heart of the academy, a figure caught his eye—a young man walking amongst the crowd, his attire a striking contrast to the sea of students that surrounded him. Clad in casual attire that spoke of effortless independence, the boy exuded an aura of nonchalance that piqued Dominic's curiosity.

"Hey there..." Dominic called out, unable to resist the urge to strike up a conversation. "...I couldn't help but notice your outfit. It's quite different from the usual clothes around here but I like it."

Dominic's chestnut eyes sparkled with warmth as he offered a charming smile. "I'm Dominic by the way, Dominic Hawthorne. What class do you belong to?"

Destri Lin - 011
mentions: Darcy [ Pumpkid Pumpkid ]

Destri woke up a few minutes after Darcy had left the room. She sits up immediately, ignoring how much her body protests against the action, and stands to inspect herself. It, surprisingly, hasn't been too crumpled since she last checked; the only thing she really needs to do is to fix her hair. She smooths down her shirt and adjusts her capelet before picking up her bag off the corner of her bed. She sifts in it for a little while, probably messing her organisation up a bit, but after a few seconds, she picks up a small brush and a hair tie, which she uses to quickly tie her hair into a half-up half-down ponytail.
Checking the time, she abruptly realises that she had either spent too long sleeping or too long getting ready— probably the former if she has to guess. She takes one more glance at herself, then checks inside her bag for her supplies, before slinging her bag over her shoulder. Just as she's leaving, though, Destri notices the note on Darcy's bed. She doesn't pay too much attention to it but picks it up anyway. She can look at it when she's actually down at the Great Hall.
Destri nearly runs down the hallways, only making it to the Hall a few minutes into breakfast. She glances around, trying to find her friends, but after a minute of searching, she gives up and just slides into an empty seat at the end of the table. She doesn't end up eating much, though. Instead, she lets heat build up in her fingertips, before dispelling it into nothing. It's not the most healthy thing to do, considering how tiring it is to use up her magic this early in the morning, but she's starting to get nervous about this whole in-person school thing. She has the right.
Maybe.
Destri tunes back in as Master Alaric starts to speak out the front, his voice echoing through the room. She stays in the room for a little while after everyone's dismissed to avoid the crowds. As she stands up, though, she suddenly realises that she has no clue where any of her classes are. She checks the front of the Great Hall, making sure Master Alaric hadn't put up a list of schedules while she wasn't paying attention or something, but she finds nothing. As she turns back, intending to follow the stream of people heading out the door until she finds her class, she hears Darcy's panicked cry.
She laughs, perhaps a little too exasperated.
At least she wasn't the only one having trouble.

Renji Diez
Rushing out of the hall still brushing off crumbs from breakfast Renji tried to balance hurrying to get to class on time with not running to class which no self-respecting teen could be seen to do. He'd been running behind since shortly after getting up and found he was still haunted by getting called out on both his hygiene and fashion sense the previous day, while he didn't have any silver handy which would probably disappoint his roommate he had spent much longer than he should cleaning himself up and fussing over his clothes.

Just about catching the headmaster's short morning address Renji pivoted in the direction of his first class, any talk of his full potential would have to wait until he'd 'harnessed' his abilities under control. As if to prove his point he stumbled and found himself scurrying on all fours for a few seconds before looking down at himself and growled in frustration, he had already accidentally transformed in his sleep and now some magical part of his brain had translated 'go faster' into 'change to fox form'. Shrugging inwardly he decided that while the lower height was a little disconcerting in the crowd it would probably be easier to navigate the throng as is rather than go through the effort of changing back and risk another accidental transformation, besides despite not even being aware of it just over a year previously it felt strangely and occasionally disturbingly natural to him.

Easily weaving his way around other students he paused as the motions of a girl wildly flapping her hands about caught his eye followed by the familiar voice of half his new personal grooming anxieties who was evidently struggling to find her way, he briefly considered continuing on his way but stopped with a sigh. "Uhh...hey, down here a bit." He called up at her glad that her choice to wear stockings would mitigate accusations of peeking at anything from his lower vantage point. "You're also in class four right? Need a hand getting there?" Renji thought he might recall her getting shuffled in there the previous day though if he was honest with himself it was more likely his ego refusing to believe someone getting lost and panicking so much first thing could've been deemed more competent than him.

Pumpkid Pumpkid

Darcy Lockheart
Interactions: Renji IG42 IG42
872855fc1cfe340fe1bc0a65285a9830.jpg Darcy sighs, and gives up after a while. She was on her own. Ruby was no longer around to keep a vigilant eye. The thought made Darcy realize she has to be responsible, and this is one of the times. If only she wasn't a fool. If only she could have waited for Destri. It felt like a disaster. Why did she have to be ditzy?

The sound of a voice caught her attention. She turns around but finds no one until her eyes drop to the floor. It was a fox, at school? Well, she is a cat-human girl. She kneels at eye level asking if she was from the fourth class. That’s right. She needed to be in the fourth class, wherever that was. Maybe if she would have paid attention to other faces, she would follow the crowd to their designated area. Still, Darcy was in awe of the creature. “Yes I am, and who might you be, cutie? You’re such an adorable fox.” She cooed, picking up the student of which she had no idea and embraced them. Then it hits her and sets the fox down. “You can help me get to my class? That's so kind of you. I don't know how to repay you. Mr.Fox.”

Vahan Thod
Interactions: Dominic Hawthorne ( Stretch Stretch )
Mentions (informally): Renji ( IG42 IG42 ), Risa ( Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic ), Rina ( Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 )

As Vahan walked, he noticed that he indeed looked very different from everyone else right now. He chose to shrug it off, not letting it bother him - however, he should find a chance to change as soon as he is able. When someone called out to him, he got relieved for a second, thinking it was Renji but then quickly realized that the voice was different. Then he looked at who called out and met the young man's chestnut gaze with his own deep brown eyes.

As Dominic started with his statement, Vahan was hesitant, ready to defend himself and tell the young man to mind his business until Dominic ended by saying he liked it. Vahan smiled, thankful that this one didn't seem like one of the snooty typed that had given him a couple odd looks ever since he came down from the roof. However, the boy introduced himself and Vahan had to take pause once more.

His eyes narrowed and he stared at the boy as if trying to see right through him. The name was familiar and Vahan was flipping through every single memory he had where he may have come across a Dominic Hawthorne. Once it clicked, a smile burst onto his face, "Aha! Roommate!" he declared proudly, happy to have finally put the pieces together. "When Master Alaric showed us our roommates, Dominic Hawthorne was the name of mine. Nice to meet you, the name's Vahan, fourth class."

Vahan was used to meeting people in a professional setting and, as such, stretched forth his hand for a business-like handshake. His palm would be warm from last night's training and his grip firm, although Dominic would still be able to feel the throbbing of the muscles in his arm and Vahan sincerely hoped that Dominic wouldn't ask about it, however - outwardly - he remained very friendly an d open, once again glad that if he had to have a roommate, it wasn't one of the people that saw themselves as the ultimate gift to the world.

"Pretty sure we should be in class by now or, at least, heading there. Met a few fun people yesterday that I'm hoping to bump into again; I think you'll like them. What about you, made any friends yet? Or are you the reserved type?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back