• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods and Monsters RP Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Well can we make the decision quickly? I am bored." Eugene said angrily. The surrounding forest grows darker and colder with his anger

"We have time," they said, looking up at the moon and stars. They reflected in the shifting expanse of their eyes, lighting them like lavender moons. "Enough time to either repair the barrier or attempt peace, but not both."

" And both will lead to the same result" Quan'Cath said as the emerged from seemingly nothing. The goddess of death had been watching, lurking just beyond notice and forgotten. The matter of men or monsters was at the same time both incredibly important to her and without meaning at all. all things ended up dying, plants, animals, men, monsters, even gods all died. Death was something that all must face in time. Thus the matter of who ruled the world should not matter the monsters would all die, that was the fate of all that lived and the gods could adapt. They did not need to go to war or even work directly, but they wished to save others. Quan'Cath did enjoy her time spent playing mortal she did it well and few knew till she had long left that they had ever encountered her. Gods did not fade, they were enduring instead of fleeting thus while others played pretend like her they were in a way unchanging.

As Quan'Cath stepped closer the air chilled some as the cold of the grave came with enough force to freeze a mortal man, but to gods it would barely be an inconvenience. " No matter the choice remember all things great and small die, even you " She said her tone not holding any spite though it was clearly directed towards the eager god of darkness. The gods had died once before, they could die again. Though many had emerged recently it was hard to tell just how long Quan'Cath had been wandering, she could have come right after the sacrifice, or only a handful of years ago, or perhaps even never having died in the first place. These were mysteries she tried to keep such.

Súileabhán nodded in agreement, but said nothing more. The eldest god seemed neutral on the subject, same as Quan'Cath, however it would ultimately fall to to them to deal with the barrier whatever the final decision may be. And it would likely fall to them to deal with Eigengrau when he would more than likely start yelling.

Kiriatophin’s jacket seemed to ruffled like feathers at the sudden drop in temperature and he looked to the goddess of death “thanks for that reminder” he shook his head but ultimately he agreed with Quan’Cath.

“So we attempt to repair the barrier, but what happens when the creatures start to slip through the crack during this time. If I had been imprisoned such as them I wouldn’t take too kindly to being pushed back into a prison cell” he walked forward a little, placing both his hands in the his jacket pockets

“Regardless of what we choose, there will be combat and there will be death” he sighed deeply, the glow of his eyes being amplified by the light. “Such is our fate”

"As always. As for any stray creatures who slip by, I believe I can manage them. In any case, I presume we have made a decision?" They asked, standing and turning to face the three gods, studying each of them in turn with a calm, relaxed gaze as if waiting for confirmation.

"Those that run only find me sooner" quan'cath replied to kiriatophin. Her answers as always round about and most a riddel despite how direct she was. " They know we'll come yet are never prepared " she continued though this encompassed more than the monsters.

If the monsters died on the battlefield then that would show they had lived in battle. Not that they lived for it but death defined a person's life as much as the life itself. A man who ran all his life did not die with sword in hand facing a foe. If they had become more than violent beasts then they would not all die in the battlefield.

"If only they would go easily. But they will thrash, flee, abd run if they can. They will forget in who's shadow they Linger for long as they draw breath" cath commented gravely they would have monsters get out for sure but nothing escaped their end it was what all things had in common. Though perhaps the age of man was over they had been beautiful. "Though the age has been beautiful it will not be if it lasts forever beatuy if beautiful be ause if is fleeting" she offered again not being forthcoming in her meaning even if she was direct if one knew her.

Súileabhán nodded, seeming to understand her meaning. "Uaireannan is e dàil an roghainn as fheàrr, agus is e an turas seo aon. Biodh sinne nar rìghrean air sguabadairean sràidean, dannsaidh sinn uile còmhla riut air a’ cheann thall," they replied. Suki could be just as roundabout if they chose to be.
With that they turned to leave, cloak flowing around them like water. "If that is our decision, I shall begin the process of repairs."

"Your hunger is not my problem. You are a god and perfectly capable of feeding yourself," they said, turning into a grey owl and flying off into the night.

((Súileabhán being a smartass compilation?))

Kiriatophin chuckled slightly “I knew there was a reason I stay far away from you band of bumbling baboons” but he stopped in his tracks and physically cringed “I need to get out more, reading to many books” he shook his head and his jacket opened up, slowing sprouting feathers until his full brown wings were on display.

“Well I’m going to go finish my birthday celebration, while our resident hocus pocus tries to mend the barrier.” He turned to look at Quan’Cath “Let’s try to avoid the dying again part, cool?” He flapped his massive wings and hovered over the ground “or at least next time I’ll take an adult form in the first place instead of growing up around deaf monks. Oh and by the way, tell suki that next time we need to meet, we can do it at my monastery and not some creepy place in the woods”

Without waiting for a response, the sky god flapped his wings and with a small thunderous sound he was sent soaring into the night sky “just when I thought I would live a simple mortal life” he scoffed, thunder rolling across the sky as it the sky itself scoffed at its lord’s comment “no one asked you” he mumbled flapping his wings to keep his altitude. “my lord?” A voice squeaked from under him and he looked down to see a falcon flying below him “Maximus? I haven’t seen you in years” the God smiled before his face dropped into a frown “you feel the battle coming don’t you, you wouldn’t have come back so soon from your mating season” Kiri rolled his eyes and the falcon squeaked In response “I could feel your frustration, along with your fear my lord” the bird responded

“Can you blame me? The last time we faced these beasts I was burned alive, or have you forgotten how they pulled your wings off and forced you into this small form” Kiriatophin looked at Maximus with a sad face as he could see the bird physically shudder in the night air “well my lord, we don’t have much of a choice in the matter do we? It’s either we fight again or we die..again” Maximus had a point, there wasn’t much they could do besides fight.

“For now it’s time to awaken Yeniplex and prepare the monks for battle” he shook his head and began a dive bomb to the ground. He opened his wings to slow his fall and landed softly in the middle of the monastery, automatically receiving hundreds of bows a silent prayers. He turned to the bell from which he came and sighed while slowly walking towards it.

Súileabhán, meanwhile, studied the shimmering barrier in front of them. The wind was stronger here, causing their hair and cloak to billow around them. They closed their eyes, turned their face skyward, and looked outward from themselves, searching for the stray creatures that had escaped to gently push them home. Their form was obscured in silver mists as if they were turning into it.

hope this is okay *sobbing * )) From the mist, Súileabhán failed to notice a pair of purple eyes behind them. A creature, scales white as snow, glittered slightly with small swirls of rainbow, stalked them silently and slowly. Fae watched, crouched close to the ground, always staying in their blind spot as her piercing gaze took in every detail. The mist hid her secrets well- fae hoped that such cover would last long enough, but then again, she didn't see how she would lose even if this creature happened to notice her a bit too early. So she stayed calm, and she stayed silent. Watching. Waiting. Thinking.

What the stranger failed to notice was the fact that Súileabhán was fairly incorporeal at that moment. They couldn't affect anything physically while in this state, but on the reverse nothing could effect them physically either. But the hydra wouldn't notice until fae went to attack.

Iridescence stayed still as a log, her breath softly puffing into the air like clouds. She watched them, faer only intent, as of now, to study.

Súileabhán felt the aura of the hydra nearby but did little but make sure she stayed nearby the barrier. They continued reaching, spreading, their physical form seeming to be a fleeting happenstance as they felt outwards and called more creatures to them.

Iridescence growled softly, the noise rumbling gently throughout the scene. Several more pairs of eyes pierced the mist, each one trained on Súileabhán. It was a foreboding feeling... a feeling that you should not cross whatever was sending it. But it also felt of respect. It was hard to decipher, but the message was quite clear.

The message may have been clear, however despite Súileabhán being considered the most mature god they weren't good at following directions. Instead they remained in the ghostlike form, shepherding the monsters back to the gate. They remained perfectly incorporeal, their figure only loosely seen in the twisting mist.

After a bit of waiting, Iridescence became curious and bored. She rose up to half her height and leaned close, faer five heads stretching forward, her gazes glittering. She felt no urge to comply with Súileabhán's calling- in fact, such a calling bored her worse. Fae sniffed the air softly, faer heads hovering over Súileabhán for quite some time, before she finally drew back and blended into the mist once more. But instead of staying still, she circled Súileabhán in an almost stalking manner, keeping at least two pairs of eyes trained on them as the others searched faer surroundings for something exciting.

Súileabhán continued the call, continuing to focus on those farther away from the barrier. It didn't seem to matter to them what their physical state was. They had spent too long alone to be bothered by such things.

Thraika

The clocking of clockwork gears announced the newcomer. The God of Knowledge heralded his presence with a thunderous crashing sound as all six wings landed the metallic deity on the ground just far away to be not in the crossfire. "SUILEABHAN. AND...THE HYDRA. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" He did not appear to be pleased.
"EXACTLY THREE HOURS 13 MINUTES, 15 SECONDS HAS TRESPASSED SINCE I LAST CALIBRATED THE SPIRES' TELESCOPES. WHY HAVE WE NEED OF MY PRESENCE HERE?" Unfortunately, Thraika could only literally thunder in this form, given the fact their jaw and fangs were not properly made(Thraika claims he'll get to it one day, but apparently was never perfectly satisfied with the result). They were around the size of a small house currently, resembling their divine form except minisculized. "SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BARRIER I PRESUME?"

Last edited:
Thraika felt the brush of telepathy against their mind. Yes. It is beginning to fade, hence the Hydra's appearance here. I'm currently attempting to bring those who slipped away here so I can get them back where they're supposed to be. This interruption is highly unprecedented and distracting. They were at least being simple and straightforward.

Thraika
"WELL THEN, PERHAPS WE CAN HURRY THIS UP?" Thraika responded by summoning what appeared to be a collection of clockwork gears out of nowhere in particular, lightning and sparks dancing across their surfaces as the god's many hands tinkered with the metal. WIthin seconds what appeared to be a collar formed as Thraika tossed it over to Suileabhan. "THROW IT AT THE DAMNED SNAKE SO WE CAN RETURN TO WORK ALREADY. IT WON'T BANISH OR KILL IT ALTHOUGH IT WILL MOST LIKELY DISTRACT OR INJURE IT ENOUGH SO WE CAN HURRY UP."
Thraika followed up their statement with strange trinkets they continued to tinker with, including what appeared to be two bags strapped to...dynamite? "AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW IT INTO THE ASTRAL PLANE OR SOMETHING! YOU CAN PLANE SHIFT BACK, AND IF THE HYDRA ALSO CAN THEN WE HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM TO WORRY ABOUT."

Last edited:
You realize it would go a lot faster without having a shrieking lizard in my ear while I'm trying to cast a rather delicately balanced spell, tha? They responded, the brush of their telepathy dry.

Thraika
The draconian deity hissed something about "goddamn snakes" and promptly returned to tinkering with...whatever the scientist was tinkering with. "SOMEONE DISTRACT IT BEFORE THE HYDRA EATS MY WIRES. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO MAKE GOD-SIZED GEARS?"
Ah. That must be the sole reason why Thraika accepts their mortal form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back