• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods and Monsters RP Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Penasothsia
"Two loves I have of comfort and despair"
The diety followed behind Thraika. It was clear that the cleric wasn't fond of them. She was actively trying to push the both of them away, but they now had a vague idea of where the cleric may be. Penasothsia decided to attempt coaxing the cleric out again, trying to get her to come to them willingly.

"I understand the despair you feel better than anyone. I want to help ease your mind. I can only do that if you let me, little one. Please come forward, and allow me to soothe your pain." the deity spoke, attempting to get through to the cleric. Harsh words won't work in the long run. It would only cause the cleric to bury herself deeper. It would be harder to get her out then.

"I cannot help you if you do not seek help. I can only do so much for you, little dove. Come forward and let me see you."

"The better angel is a man right fair, The worser spirit a woman coloured ill."

Karcen Karcen A paladin wearing a strange armor infused with clicking gear and what appeared to be a set of firearms appeared from the gloom, scowling. He did not look pleased at having been dragged before another god, and the scientist accompanying him seemed to agree.
"What do you want from us, Lady of the Dead?" the scientist's voice was barely above a whisper, still bearing the torn throat that had killed her. "I swore to Thraika I would speak nothing of my work, in life or in death." The paladin himself doesn't speak, instead staring straight ahead as he guards the scientist whom he had failed in life.

Last edited:
With Maximus on his shoulder, stepped through the gateway to greet the goddess. His entire body shuddered violently at being cut off from the outside world, from his domain of power, but he quickly brushed it off before looking to the death goddess with his usual smirk.

So, Maximus tells me that Suki was attacked while repairing the barrier” he rubs the bird’s head before looking back to the goddess, highly upset that he had to look up to her but decided to respect it since it was her domain. “I caught the presence of a few auras and yours was one of them

The sky god began to float in mid air and crossed his legs into a sitting position while moving one of his dreads from his face “care to help me play catch up?

Quan'Cath

QRZtKV7hgEhEpVAiJOAmpE0-nwirEW733X9ohWSY2BE.jpg

Quan'Cath looked from the souls to her fellow god and nodded " Come up and listen we will find out what secrets another god holds" Quan'Cath said almost as if ignoring the rude souls. Her throne however showed her displeasure as the crystals started to melt and fire started to spark slowly becoming the only light in a growing darkness. She was not happy to hear the souls refuse her and did not realize the kindness she showed to the dead. They were under her allowed to mostly do as they saw fit and make their own enclaves in the afterlife. The followers of Thrakia had made a grand library to contain all the dead knew a sprawling complex that held knowledge that was long forgotten by those that lived and could solve so many mysteries. Cath could demand they give it all to her, could demand tribute from them as the old god had in order to grow his power.

" You are called here to defend your lord" Quan'Cath said her voice holding a quiet fury " Another god has been struck down and your lord is the prime suspect for only one with great knowledge could use magic that is able to over come magic itself" She explained to both the souls and in a way to Kiri not saying where suki is but just that he is out for now and who her suspect was.

" You will tell me of your expedition." She said in a tone that said there was no argument they would " You will speak honestly" She continued and both souls would be gripped by her power over the dead her control. She didn't use it often but just like a necromancer she could force souls top do as she liked and while she was not yet fully controlling the souls they would find lies near impossible. " Now speak!" SHe ordered her will compelling the souls to tell their story as they faced an angered goddess in her own home.

Sorry I haven't been here much! Been busy ;;; Hope I haven't missed a lot- )) Iridescence watched, faer gazes holding intrigue, annoyance, boredom. She kept circling around the misty scene, suddenly noticing more and more creatures. Fae grinned toothily, her other four heads acting as if on a swivel, watching everybody eagerly. Oh, how she DREADED being bored... hmmm... Maybe she should just return to faer swamp. The dragonflies and fireflies are more entertaining than sitting here and waiting for something like an explosion to happen. She started backing away, her gazes scanning over everybody, flapping her wings, the mist reflecting and casting soft rainbows across her body.

Last edited:
Kiriatophin looked on in shock “I’m sorry, did you say the god of knowledge is floating around somewhere?” He floated closer to the goddess to watch her question the souls which was frightening to say the least.

The sky god felt uncomfortable in this place of the dead, like he would become one of the apparitions being question by their new master.

How many of us have returned exactly?” He twisted one of the red dreadlocks around his finger “and who would have a grudge against our resident magician?” He slightly mocked trying to hide his own fear that was building deep in his chest.

Both souls hissed, the paladin's shield briefly smoking as something clicked in the metal. Metallic wings briefly extended themselves from his back before vanishing back into the steel. "We were sent...to investigate the barrier. Thraika found...issues with the creation. Some sort of magical weakening. He wanted us to find out what was causing it. And whether it was dangerous to the barrier as a whole. And of course, if it could be replicated and weaponized against him. Self-preservation of course." The scientist spat out. "And what is this god of magic you mentioned? Our mission had nothing to do with them. It's too late, you know. The cleric's already out and alive. Well, insane, but also alive. The despair can wait. We have work to finish." Her tone wasn't mocking, although the unhinged way she was grinning was certainly unsettling.

The paladin's blank helmet turned to give the scientist a stare before returning to the goddess. He gave a short bow before speaking. "What she said was correct. Mostly. We were sent to investigate the barrier, and whether or not it had a connection with the deaths of the gods, one specific god in particular. From I could tell, it had nothing to do with magic. I believe it was more out of self-preservation on Thraika's end. We found...things down there. Things that can kill gods." Before the paladin could finish whatever he had been speaking, the scientist interjected, silencing him with a wave. "And no, we will not speak of it. Thraika bound our souls to his word when we swore ourselves into the clergy." To be fair, Thraika was most certainly not above destroying the souls of his own clergy if it would keep things secret.
"We know nothing about whatever happened to the magic god. All we know is that Thraika sent us to investigate this barrier when the rest of the gods did nothing. And that is all we know."

Last edited:
The cleric's mind still rustled with unease, but there were no more explosives thrown at you so...that was a win. A roughly armored figure wearing the clockwork armor of Thraika's clergy slowly emerged from the crevice she had taken shelter in, her armor dented and scratched in sections. Blood had crusted on one arm, the clockwork gears rusted and scratched. The machine she had used was still clutched warily in one hand, a launcher connected to wiring and gears that churned out black smoke with abandon.
"You're...alright." Thraika gave the cleric an inquisitive examination, expecting some form of injury. When they found none, Thraika may or may not have visibly relaxed(they'll deny it of course.) "Ah. There she is. And please, take better care of your weapons. It's explosive and highly dangerous. You could have been a red smear along with your notes, and we can't have that can we?" Was Thraika talking about the notes or the cleric? Probably both, but of course Thraika will deny it as he always will.
CalamityQueller CalamityQueller

Last edited:
Iridescence, now 100% bored, left the area. She flapped faer wings and lifted up into the air, the mist swirling gracefully around her. She headed back for her swamp, disappointed.

Quan'Cath

Cath didn't look amused by anything the souls said if anything she looked like she was listening to idiots talk about something they thought was grand, but was actually very stupid. The thing that did annoy her truly and honestly was that the souls of the god of secrets, for really that was all he craved, were shackled and Cath hated when the dead were shackled. She used it from time to time, in cases like this when they were important, but the shackles were temporary things. of course Thrakia would pull off some perverse desecration of the dead to keep his pointless secrets. The idea that there was more work to be done did amuse Cath some for now that she knew the souls were shackled she had a change of plans for them.

" So the greedy god of secrets, sent your to die, to find what was already known about
" Cath said with a sigh things that could kill the gods wasn't as special as these two thought " I have known of every expedition and of the things that killed them" She said this was something of a bluff she knew they died but not exactly what did it. If she focused she might be with one of them at their deaths, but she could not do that with these dead.

Cath closed her eyes and thought for a moment " In truth all you have done is caused early rebirth" Cath said and with a wave the two were gone. She had in essences forced them into moving on, All their memories, all their experiences, all their connections to god and mortal were gone. They were returned to pure unmarred souls. They took the for of palm sized spheres of light that shot up into the sky then shot towards the shore leaving trails like shooting stars. They would fall into the water and be reborn new and pure. All souls one day were reborn that was a rule and while most were allowed to linger for a time, it seemed Thraika had caused those devoted to him to be slaves even in death. Cath would not have that all those bound would need to be freed.

" Ersa have a census conducted of the Library of the dead, round up any of the shackled and have them reborn " Cath ordered to the ghost of her once mortal love.

" As you wish" She said vanishing.

Cath let out a sigh and looked to the god of the skies " Well i hope that answered your questions The greedy god of knowledge was sending mortals to die in his stead then enslaving their souls to keep what he thought were secrets" Cath explained though that didn't answer the real question " But i doubt he was the one that attacked Suki, though who else would have knowledge of magic like him? She asked not sure who as no other reborn god should have that kind of domain.

“so if you don’t think it was him..” he trailed off

Maximus spoke for his master, his unusually deep voice resonating through the chamber “Do you think it was one of the monsters that slipped through the barrier master Quan’Cath?” Which resulted in a scoff from Kiriatophin

Don’t call her master” he grumbled rolling his eyes at his supposed servant “my apologies” the bird bowed and Kiriatophin turned to Quan’Cath “it’s a fair question though, how do we know it wasn’t one of the monsters with magical affinity? That also begs the question of if our know-it-all god is in league with the monsters.” He let out a sigh before looking to Quan’Cath to she if she could answer his question

and then we must ask why

Out of nowhere, from the collection of islands surrounded in stars that was the afterlife of Súileabhán's worshippers, a tiny black cat with bright, round orange eyes trotted over. It stopped at Quan'Cath's feet and looked up at her with its huge eyes. Its mouth barely opened, but it let out the loudest and longest squeak you have ever heard come out of a cat.
((Magical black cats))

Shortly following, a vividly bright swirl of magic reminiscent of a nova appeared around Súileabhán. They sat up, coughing in silence. They couldn't speak at the moment, to say the least.
Shortly following, a void appeared nearby, haloed by violet and stars. Their eyes, more glassy than their usual crystalline shimmer, watched the shapes moving inside. With a flick of the wrist the portal changed course to somewhere else, creating a sort of temporary three-way junction of portals.

Quan'Cath

It would take time to figure out what souls were shackled by the god of secrets abd free them of their enforced silence. They might have been Thraika's in life but now they were hers and she would not abide mortal or God chaining those that should be beyond such restrictions. This did leave them at a bit of a square one as they had no clue who had attacked Suki. It still could be Thraika as he would rather destroy everything to keep his secrets than help anyone with any bit of knowledge. Cath really didn't k ow why anyone followers him when he would steal away anything they discovered and make sure it was his alone.

" I doubt it was a monster as it didn't kill Suki. Killing a god is far easier than many beilive. Though perhaps a trap?" Cath mused the idea simply coming to mind. " Something set up before the souls of the past gods entered the afterlife to be us" She mused over the thought it could be done. Well she guessed it could.

With that thought the magic cat appeared. So the god of magic was waking up perhaps. Cath would need to go to the shore to check on Suki if they were not awake. Cath looked to the cat " So do you bear word for your master or have you come seeking a new job? " Cath asked the cat the second part clearly a joke she would rather have a dog than a cat

The cat mrrrowed again, lifting it's front paws off the ground before falling back to four feet again. The cat kept talking as if trying to say something important. But it was a cat, and no matter how hard it tried it could not speak human languages and its telepathy only extended as far as showing emotions. The ones it was currently projecting was alarm and worry.

Penasothsia
"Two loves I have of comfort and despair"
Penasothsia took a careful step towards the cleric, hoping they'd be able to get close to her. Looking at the state of the cleric it was clear that they had seen far better days. The dented and scratched armour, the crusted and dried blood, the black smoke churning the machine in her hands, it was truly a sight to behold. What had she encountered that put her in such a state? They hoped that any pieces of knowledge they could extract would prove helpful.

"My little dove, would it be okay if I came closer?" the deity asked, taking another careful step towards the cleric. She didn't want to act in haste and have the cleric run off. They'd rather approach carefully and have the cleric willfully come to them. "I want to help you. You could come and join my domain if that is what you'd like. Anything you need, I'd like to give, so come little lost dove. Come and tell me what happened."

"The better angel is a man right fair, The worser spirit a woman coloured ill."
Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

There weren't that many. Roughly a handful of those still sane. It was actually pretty rare, but given how secretive Thraika was, whatever their mechanizations were, it was a mystery. The library wasn't that often frequented by Thraika's followers to be fair, but then again Thraika most certainly did not have the energy to chain more than a hundred or so souls at a time.
It was those who knew eldritch secrets that are chained, and mostly for safety purposes. Those who know something important about the gods or something dangerous are kept under watch as to not to cause further damage. Perhaps only seven dozen actually active ones at the moment, mostly those who still remained from recent expeditions.

((Thraika only keeps secrets from the other gods lmao. To be fair, he's a lot nicer to his own clergy than anyone else. Karcen Karcen ))

"...yes?" The way the cleric spoke made it sound more like a question. "The barrier...I found it. I found it at last." At the last second of her sentence she shrank back, flinching jerkily as she shied away from demons only she could see. "The price is high. The power's now worth it." Thraika would disagree.
~
Thraika entered the portal cause apparently that's what...he's supposed to do.

Súileabhán reentered the portal, directing Thraika through to an island, the portal shutting behind them. They summoned a torch, lit it, and handed it to Thraika before directing them to enter a cave. The burning torch wasn't too pleasant, but Súileabhán knew what they were doing.

This is all giving me a headache” the sky god grumbled before rubbing his head in feign of a headache. He then looked to the random cat that had appeared and watched as the death goddess talked as if she know who it was “I’m sorry, you know this furball?” He asked staring at the creature

I believe it’s one of the magic god’s familiars” Maximus chimed in, flying over to land near the cat “though I could be wrong” he chirped

Ok but what good does that do us?” Kiri looked to Quan’Cath with a puzzled expression drawn on his face

Derealization Derealization

Holo escaped the under realms and found herself in a forest, her monsterous height surpassing the canopy of trees that stood over 50 feet, her 3 heads all looked in different directions, sniffing and listening for anything worth her curiosity.

After deciding that the location was clear, she used the shape shifting she inherited from her father and her form began to shrink until she appeared as a normal human girl, albeit with ears and a tail that hinted at her canine nature. It was only after her transformation finished did her nose pick up the scent of something strange… which drew her to the sight of a being standing on a rocky beach staring out at the ocean.

The god of magic stood, silent, staring out into the rolling grey ocean. Things we're worse than they had first seemed. If nothing else because now they knew there was a saboteur among the gods. They knew who, but they could say nothing.

The god of magic stood, silent, staring out into the rolling grey ocean. Things we're worse than they had first seemed. If nothing else because now they knew there was a saboteur among the gods. They knew who, but they could say nothing.

Holo had no idea who this was, or what they were, despite her curious nature she waited to see if they would present themselves as a threat to her. Thankfully with her animalistic senses, she could remain hidden without alerting the being, but still keep an eye and ear on him.

Perhaps the hound were visually hidden, but the god could sense traces of magic just fine. They chose not to say anything about however, instead just taking a mental note of it.

Perhaps the hound were visually hidden, but the god could sense traces of magic just fine. They chose not to say anything about however, instead just taking a mental note of it.

Holo thought for a moment, checking to see if there was any other body near by before cautiously venturing out of her hiding spot and approaching the strange man

After a moment the god turned around, the grey cloak with its starry lining floating about them like water. They said nothing, they just raised one eyebrow in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back