• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern GODCARD: Act One - Resurrection of The Gods

Safety Hammer

A walking piece of shit in a stupid looking jacket
Life sucks, don't it?

You get up every morning and go through every step of the same boring routine. Wake, work, and sleep. Only to wake up tomorrow and do it again. Morning fades into evening without much of a change. You sit back at your dead-end job, and do what you can do earn money, but all it does is fuel the cycle. Don't you want an escape? Don't you deserve it?

Perhaps you have the chance to change it all. To finally break the chain. Exit the loop.

One day as you walk home you find it. The location doesn't really matter. Whether it was tossed onto your desk by a stranger, placed in your mailbox by an unsuspecting mailman, or if it found its way onto the windshield of your car. Whatever way it came into your possession, you find yourself holding a black and gold envelope with your name on it. Inside is written this:

Dear Lucky One,

We have noticed your exceptional qualities and characteristics, and you have really caught our attention. You have been selected to participate in an experiment that could change the course of humanity for better or worse. Enclosed in this box is a god's name. Once you have picked up the contents within this box, you will be granted the powers of a god. We want you to use this power any way you wish. We will be observing you and your actions. We are sure you won't disappoint.

Please enjoy our gift.

With great prospects,
~ M

You open the box and find a small, simply designed, sleek, black card. On it is an golden image of a symbol of some sort, and a name underneath it. A series of strange symbols and letters that you had never seen before was bordering the edges of the card. They clearly weren't written with any existing language you know. However, as you run your fingers over the card, you see small instructions written on the back in plain English.

"Flip my card face out and declare my name. With this, I grant you my everlasting power, card bearer."

1611139859476.png
This reboot rp is about a group of ordinary people who gain the power of the legends of old. Everyday people, and how they react to the power to do anything that they would desire. So are you ready to accept the power?
I've been gone from RPN for a long ass time. Way too long. Lost my muse, really. But I think that I really should start something up again. I've got some free time, even though its in between working full time, and I really should do something. So I'm reaching out again with this half baked reboot of an RP. Join if you wanna. I hope it lasts for a long time.

This seems interesting.

I do have one question however, it says we aren't able to make characters with godcards based on biblical characters, does this apply to characters from all Abrahamic religions or could I make a character based on Lilith?

Last edited:
This seems interesting.

I do have one question however, it says we aren't able to make characters with godcards based on biblical characters, does this apply to characters from all Abrahamic religions or could I make a character based on Lilith?
The "no biblical characters" rule really revolves around characters and beings from Abrahamic texts like the Torah, Bible and Quran. I'll make an exception for Lilith, however, since she is was in the Zeitgeist prior to any of those, and actually having origins in ancient Mesopotamia.

The "no biblical characters" rule really revolves around characters and beings from Abrahamic texts like the Torah, Bible and Quran. I'll make an exception for Lilith, however, since she is was in the Zeitgeist prior to any of those, and actually having origins in ancient Mesopotamia.
I'll pick someone else then. I'm only really interested in the version of Lilith from Jewish folklore.

I didn't know you were here Hime-Shachou

I am everywhere as long as my crippling work schedule doesn't get to me first.

1-2 and you certainly can, ifbyou make the character sheet

If that's the case, I would like-

you know, I have two more god choices I'm thinking of - Sun Wukong & a god that's basically a composite version of different 'Moon Rabbit' stories from different parts of the world, that for simplicity's sake, will be called the Moon Hare.

So, Sun Wukong for monke or Moon Hare to accompany my already existing rabbit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back