ᔕᑭᗩᑕᕮ ᗪᖇᗩGOᑎᔕ - OOC

Oo ahh, things happened whilst I was away. I'll finish up Robin quickly (I believe I just need to do a few more things), and then I'll work on a starter post - but it may go up tomorrow, or today. idek anymore.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Yeah, I am gonna drop out. Very sorry, all.
Perfectly understandable. No hard feelings.

ShadyAce said:
Oo ahh, things happened whilst I was away. I'll finish up Robin quickly (I believe I just need to do a few more things), and then I'll work on a starter post - but it may go up tomorrow, or today. idek anymore.
Hype! <3

These posts have been AWESOME so far guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, though, we're waiting on everyone to make their first post before we another round, yes? I assume that includes the folks applying for those last two spots?

I'll get it done when I can, hopefully p soon sorry

making my first female character ever

We have a crazy male/female ratio going right now. I am starting to wish I had made a dude!

Golden Tail: ----

Dark Majesty: Female

Spectral Midnight: Male

Skybeast: Female

Galaxy Chameleon: Female

Golden Goliath: Female

Horned Knight: Male

Shining Moon: Female

Poison Rock: Male

Shimmering Mirage: Female

Blazing Glory: OPEN!

Leviathan: ---

Healing Prayer: Female

3 dudes and 8 ladies so far, it's a good day to be Welian, ViAdvena, or Prizzy's character!

Syrenrei said:
We have a crazy male/female ratio going right now. I am starting to wish I had made a dude!

3 dudes and 8 ladies so far, it's a good day to be Welian, ViAdvena, or Prizzy's character!
Blazing Glory is Prizzy's. :)

Syrenrei said:
Just to be clear, though, we're waiting on everyone to make their first post before we another round, yes? I assume that includes the folks applying for those last two spots?
Mnn, I would believe so, though it's not set in stone depending on how quickly we progress. If you want to make another post of just flying with your dragon, go ahead. Just no landing quite yet.

Syrenrei said:

It's 4 dudes xD

You forgot to mention DrCompton's Character :3

Syrenrei said:
We could start an IC theory about how the immunity is caused by some dominant gene on X chromosome and that's why females has twice a chance of being immune than males

Please forgive me if that's not how gene works

Last edited by a moderator:
Syrenrei said:

Actually, I feel a little sorry for the men.

ViAdvena said:
We could start an IC theory about how the immunity is caused by some dominant gene on X chromosome and that's why females has twice a chance of being immune than males
Please forgive me if that's not how gene works
Sounds completely and perfectly plausible!

Or the surviving men did stupid things and got themselves killed by being reckless :3

KingHink said:
Or the surviving men did stupid things and got themselves killed by being reckless :3
Did you mean Greg's entire existence

Syrenrei said:

sorry ;-; i was gonna make a guy originally but there r 0 good pics for what i wanted so i just went female

I'm trying to make a dude for another RP that is not angsty, emo, sinister, apathetic, or any of the emotions that people apparently like to draw in dude portraits. I feel that pain. I just find it interesting that across the board on RPN the preference seems to be strongly towards playing female characters.

I preeeeetty much don't expect romance to happen here, however. I have hopes in certain RPs to be sure, and build towards that possibility, but with 13 people left in humanity I don't think we can expect any couple to run off into the sunset and have a happily ever after here. People can love each other sure, that's natural, but it won't culminate in the gooey sort of love story you'll see somewhere else.

It makes me really sad to type that though =( It sounds really depressing when it's laid out there like I just did it. =/

Syrenrei said:
I'm trying to make a dude for another RP that is not angsty, emo, sinister, apathetic, or any of the emotions that people apparently like to draw in dude portraits. I feel that pain. I just find it interesting that across the board on RPN the preference seems to be strongly towards playing female characters.
I preeeeetty much don't expect romance to happen here, however. I have hopes in certain RPs to be sure, and build towards that possibility, but with 13 people left in humanity I don't think we can expect any couple to run off into the sunset and have a happily ever after here. People can love each other sure, that's natural, but it won't culminate in the gooey sort of love story you'll see somewhere else.
I think your expectation is probably pretty accurate. Furthermore, should any romance blossom, how selfish with it could that couple afford to be? Or what about the ones who won't have a male counterpart for romance? I want to see this. And how romance would play out. When it comes time, will the partners be angry or understanding? Will others be jealous or will certain people be fought over? Or maybe they all find a way to make it work somehow?

Syrenrei said:
It makes me really sad to type that though =( It sounds really depressing when it's laid out there like I just did it. =/
It is. And even together they probably will have to struggle with loneliness.

What it does do is put in drama that fits a situation rather than just thrown in for dramas sake. So rather than it being a Jerry Springer RP, it has an actual relevance to the story and plot. And gives us a chance to discuss and explore things not often handled maturely.

I want to see how they handle things, and I want to see how characters begin to firm relationships. As well as all the hurdles we will have to figure out. Social, mental, and physical.

But you know... As sad as it may be... they are still going through all this for the sake of the next generations.

A happy ending imo? "I know it was hard... but we gave our children a foundation to live on... and I don't regret that."

Will we get that far or will that how it will be played out? It is beyond me.

Well, I was telling my husband about this RP this other day and he's read studies that for a species to be brought back from the edge of extinction, he thinks he read scientifically you'd need a population of about 500. So they are probably FUBARed no matter what they do. I'm hoping the whole RP isn't totally gut-wrenching though because to be perfectly honest I am trying something outside my comfort zone!

A. Yeah now I hope we're all freaking mutants.

B. It's interesting, yeah. How are 10ish emotionally traumatized youngish adults supposed to rebuild humanity? A lot of us have little to no education, Matteo had it thrust upon him during his years 7-11 so he academically has the knowledge of an 11 year old plus some random later studied tidbits. The entire atmosphere of the RP was to be more easy though, so ignoring inbreeding and so, I wouldn't think it's still possible within this world. I mean, we have a higher power controling dragons on our side. I think we can assume it'll do some bullshit magic and diversify our genes or some such.

Then, we have the problem of mental instability or skewed morals. Chamo's character killed a fellow survival over food. The 32 year old Ophelia is still caught up on the death of her father. Well, maybe with the influence of undisturbed individuals (our dragons) that'll come to solve itself.

I could go on and also add a "C." but my phone is dying so nvm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back