• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings give me π™™π™šπ™–π™©π™ π™œπ™–π™’π™šπ™¨ or give me, um, also π™™π™šπ™–π™©π™

Vinegar Bees

flowers & teeth.
mirai-nikki-stab.gif

Hello and welcome to my 1x1 search! So, this should be pretty self-explanatory, but I'm craving death games. Death games, please! I'm ultimately hoping to build an original story/setting, but as far as inspiration, I would love similar vibes to things like Danganronpa, Your Turn to Die, Fear and Hunger 2: Termina, etc. Anything that plays up the "game" aspect is a huge plus because I love contrasting the horror and violence with the sickening veneer of a "game" structure.

A couple of details about me:
- I'm Alex, she/her, 27, and in the EST time zone.
- Please be 21+. I don't feel comfortable writing with people who are significantly younger than me, given that my writing can tend towards darker subject matter.
- I'm looking for something longterm. We don't need to post every day, but I would like to build a story together that lasts!
- As for post lengths, I strongly prefer shorter, quicker posts. I've done a lot of "advanced lit" over the years, and while it definitely has its strengths, I feel like it ultimately tends to result in burnout and an early death to good stories because I'm trying too hard to write a good piece of writing for every post; I'd rather just kind of write and have fun with the story moving at a brisk pace rather than overthinking every post, you know?
- I never would've thought I'd say this years ago, but I strongly prefer Discord for both OOC and IC. I love the flexibility of being able to build a server with different channels, the ease of access of Discord (it works super well for me when I'm at work and can only fire off quick messages on my phone), and the way it facilitates shorter posts. I'm also open to DMs if you prefer, though!
- Speaking of work, I'm employed full-time and can't have any devices on me when I'm on the clock, so there are chunks of time every day where I can't check or respond to messages. PLEASE understand that this doesn't mean I'm not interested/invested if I take a little bit to respond!
- We don't have to use pictures for our characters, but if we do, only art/anime pictures, please! I'm currently not interested in using RL pictures.
- I'd love for us to chat and possibly become friends, too! I'm a bit shy at first, but there's absolutely nothing I love more than sharing ideas and getting excited about characters with like-minded people. Making moodboards and playlists, coming up with AUs, writing short fics outside the "canon" of the RPβ€”I absolutely live for all of that. Maybe it's a little dorky or lame, but I would love to make lifelong friends through roleplaying. Roleplaying is a really important hobby for me and it's difficult to find/connect with other people who feel the same way, you know? listen i'm just a lonely loser ok

A couple of details about what I'm looking for:
- Original characters only. I'm not interested in playing canon characters from other media, sorry!
- Okay, so death games obviously involve multiple people, as well as multiple people dying, which means of course that we'll have to account for that in our cast. I prefer to focus on one character, though (I struggle juggling multiple "mains"), so the way I'd like to format things is this: we each have a "main" who is our main viewpoint character/has some plot armor to the degree that they'll definitely be surviving at least most of the game (although they will sufferβ€”oh, yes, they will suffer), and then we each fill in various NPCs as the rest of the players in the "game." We can talk about how we decide who dies and whenβ€”whether we want to plan it out or leave it to chance (like with dice rolls or a similar mechanic).
- I currently strongly, strongly prefer writing female characters (I just love writing girls and giving my female OCs attention), so my main will be female.
- It's not required, but the addition of some kind of supernatural element would be big bonus points! And big, biiiig bonus points for anything that involves flashy, anime-style over-the-top battlesβ€”I'm just a weeb and want to write some cool flashy fight scenes OTL
- We can hash out the details of the game itself, whether it involves the participants actively trying to kill each other, trying to avoid deadly obstacles put in place by the powers-that-be, or both!
- As far as the setting, I like the idea of keeping the setting somewhat contained/mysteriousβ€”as in, the game is confined to a particular location (e.g. some kind of mysterious facility, an island, etc.), the exact whereabouts of which are unknown, leaving the door open for some potentially devastating plot twists about the world outside the game later on in the story.

Please feel free to post or DM me if you're interested! I'd be happy to hear from you! β™‘

Ive been very into japanese horror, so if you want to be weeby with supernatural horror im all in! πŸ—‘οΈ

The occult elements can be both flashy and horrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back