• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Giorna High Shool For Mystical Teens

Thalia Raiz

Tattoo Goddess
Up in the heavens, a giant floating island. Inside holding creatures humans could never begin to imagine. Controllers of wind, water, and fire; attributes many would desire. There are mermaids, lamias, nekos, and such. Some stranger creatures that you couldn't begin to explain. How'd they all get there? What do they do? They all got a letter, fancy and prim. Once they accept the invitation, they simply appear right upon the front step. Knock on the door, and life with the humans isn't even a concept. They get their own dorms, closets filled with anything they want. Classes with mentors who understand so much. Now the only question... Will you choose to join? We'd all be delighted for another to stay... So what do you say?

I know, I know, such an original idea. I guess I'm just a sucker for magical school Rps. Anyway, as the title suggests, this is a magical school rp idea. The creatures allowed are pretty much any creature, so long as they aren't op. Different varieties of personalities and powers are welcome! Feel free to even create your own creature! Just wanna check to see who's interested before I create it.

I've always looked fondly upon School-setting RPs (especially of the Fantasy variety, in which I can use a certain Oni character) but there's always one blaring problem with them: the plot is near non-existent. There're other problems as well, like how timelines for class schedules should be implemented without dragging everyone down to a snail's pace, or how to keep a large amount of 'students' doing things in a variety of places -- even when they're possibly split apart from all other RPrs.

Therefor, because these are common problems in this type of RP, I'd like to know how you plan to address them.

Regardless of your answer, however, know that I'm interested.

I've always looked fondly upon School-setting RPs (especially of the Fantasy variety, in which I can use a certain Oni character) but there's always one blaring problem with them: the plot is near non-existent. There're other problems as well, like how timelines for class schedules should be implemented without dragging everyone down to a snail's pace, or how to keep a large amount of 'students' doing things in a variety of places -- even when they're possibly split apart from all other RPrs.

Therefor, because these are common problems in this type of RP, I'd like to know how you plan to address them.

Regardless of your answer, however, know that I'm interested.

When someone submits a character sheet I will give them a classroom schedule and a dorm room. For plot I was thinking of sort of events. So when things get tame and calm and nothing's happening, I'll add an event to spice things up.

Thank you for your feedback!

If i may. I do agree that it can be troublesome when the students spread out. Maybe we could do a general system. Maybe our characters are all part of the same year,and therefore are all part of the same class. That way we dont have one going to music, on going to math, one going to science. Instead, everyone is in the same class, and when the gm(thalia) says its time to shift, everyone goes to the next class. That way, everyone is there, everyone sticks together, and opens up more opportunities to mingle. This also allows characters to always be present, that way if you happen to miss afew posts, your character will atill be in the room,so you can jump back into the fray.

Of course i could be sprouting madness and this can be ignored. I just wanted to see what others think of this?

If i may. I do agree that it can be troublesome when the students spread out. Maybe we could do a general system. Maybe our characters are all part of the same year,and therefore are all part of the same class. That way we dont have one going to music, on going to math, one going to science. Instead, everyone is in the same class, and when the gm(thalia) says its time to shift, everyone goes to the next class. That way, everyone is there, everyone sticks together, and opens up more opportunities to mingle. This also allows characters to always be present, that way if you happen to miss afew posts, your character will atill be in the room,so you can jump back into the fray.

Of course i could be sprouting madness and this can be ignored. I just wanted to see what others think of this?

I like that idea. It also makes it so that I don't have to play separate teachers for each person.

Mhmm. It also allows for shifts. If you have more than one person playing a teacher, then when the classes change, so does the teacher, and someone can takw a break 

I like this idea. So long as everyone's contained properly things shouldn't get too chaotic. While it'll restrict the total amount of Characters in the RP, I don't think that's a major problem given the fact that most classrooms have ~30 people or so (at least they did at the High School I went to) -- which is way too many participants as it stands.

Also, on the subject of lessening the burden on people RPing as a Teacher (or Teachers): just have a Student be a mandatory Character Application for each RPr, then make Teachers be optional afterwards. I don't think anyone should RP as only a teacher -- especially given the fact that Teachers are much more restricted in what they can do in a school day when compared to a regular student.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thalia Raiz, no rush! I was just saying im excited

@Ensig i totally agree.i understand wanting to play a teacher, thats just a prefrence, but i dont think it should be a main character, as they seem out of place alot of the time. As simple side characters i feel they work much better, but thats my personal opinion

I'd ask why it wasn't made as a Hosted Project, but... Well. No matter.

I'll be reforming one of the Characters I've used in these sorts of RPs before, but because the last time I used it was before RPNation lost BBCode, it might take a while to reformat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back