• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ghosting Friendly RPs!

FaithLeafCat

26 | She/Her
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
🐚🪸🧜‍♂️🪸🐚
----​
Hi, there! I've really been having a high muse for mermaids/gangsters lately, so let me know if you feel the same! Here's some extra info for you:

Posting Speed
Between once a week and once every few minutes, depending on my work schedule. I can be a bit sporadic myself, so don't feel pressured to respond every single time! I will wait very patiently for replies. No explanation for "dropping off" is required - please feel free to leave and return to the role-play whenever is convenient for you :)

Gender Preferences
I can play either male, non-binary, or female myself (usually default to male), and I have no preferences what gender my partner plays. Same goes for romance as well! (Current fave is MxM or MxF)

Grammar and Post Length
As long as I can understand what's going on, I'm not super picky about writing styles or lengths. A paragraph or two is preferable, but I'm fine with longer or shorter! My own posts usually run from about 3-5 sentences on the low end up to 150-200 words on the higher end.

Genres
I'm a huge fan of romance, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, supernatural, pirates, and adventure genres, but I'm usually not historically accurate. I don't enjoy slice-of-life or modern role-plays as much as they tend to be too slowly paced for my liking.

Limits
I usually write around a PG-13 level, more or less depending on the setting (I.e. gangsters probably swear more than mermaids). I'm fine with including violence, gore, kissing, hugging, and cuddling, but I won't write smut (though fade to black is fine). If you have any limits or things you need left out, like triggers or phobias, please let me know! I'm happy to accommodate.
I have several story ideas all ready to go! If any of these look fun, we can jump right into the RP, no plotting required ^^ We can also swap roles for any of these if you'd like!
Dustin pulled his baggy purple sweater sleeves a bit higher up and shuddered, glancing around the cavernous sewer tunnel with nothing but a keychain flashlight to light his way. He swallowed hard and glanced back up at the group of Poison Darts standing around the manhole cover above ground. "Are - are you sure about this?" he asked.

One of the other gang members snickered and nodded. "Yeah, go ahead. You wanna be a Poison Dart, don't ya? An' yer first test is to find some evidence of that weird monster that lives down here. Just somethin' small. A footprint or something."

Dustin nodded and pulled in a breath. Then he walked down the sewer tunnel, sticking to the concrete walkway on one side of the water.

It was supposed to be a hazing ritual. One of the other Poison Darts was hiding in the sewer further down, waiting to give Dustin a scare.

But instead of going straight, Dustin spotted a small side tunnel and crept inside, taking a right turn and heading deeper into the sewers than the gang had been anticipating. Everything was fine until he stepped on a chunk of old cement that was about to give way. The floor cracked and crumbled below him, sending him plummeting down into a deeper level.

Dustin screamed and flailed his arms, desperately trying to catch something to stop his fall. He didn't know there was a deep pool of swirling water waiting for him just below.
The gunshot still echoed in his ears. That was the last thing he remembered - a gunshot. There had been a shoot out, probably, or maybe even a targeted attack on him from a different gang. Had he gotten hit? He wasn't sure. But he remembered falling and blacking out.

His head was throbbing now - maybe he'd hit it on the concrete sidewalk when he fell? - and something smelled rank. Tate forced his eyes open and almost threw up when he realized he was laying in a pile of garbage inside a dumpster. He tried to sit up and climb out, only to cry out in pain when he moved his leg and realized it was stuck beneath the heavy metal lid. He gave it another tug and grimaced. "Ow."

Tate stretched his arms up, but he could barely reach the lid with his finger tips. He blew a shock of messy brown hair out of his eyes and huffed. Maybe there was still someone nearby. Someone from his gang, even a passing civilian. He cupped his hands to his mouth and yelled. "Can anyone hear me?" he called. "Help, please? My let's stuck!" Something dripped down his cheeks, and he realized he had tears rolling from his eyes. Probably because his leg hurt so bad. "Anybody?" he called again.
Carson Haze winced as the pouring rain dripped from his pink hair into his chocolate brown eyes. He tugged the hood of his blue sweater closer, mumbling to himself as his tattered sneakers slapped against the pavement. He knew he should've brought a coat. It was his turn to patrol his gang's small territory - only a few blocks - and he was already soaked to the bone, shivering and hoping he didn't run into anyone so he could get back to the gang's hideout.

Currently, the Octopus Gang resided on the first floor of an apartment complex; their leader, Octavius, was close friends with the landlord and even had a little blackmail over them as a backup plan. Carson had his own room on the first floor, and the longer he walked through the rain, the more he longed to be back in his bed, curled up under a pile of warm blankets.

Normally he'd want to be outdoors exploring or taking a walk, but not when it was cold and wet out like this. He sighed and slid a hand into his pocket to feel for his gun. It was still there. He'd been trained to use it, but hadn't had a need to yet. He wanted to keep it that way.

Then a loud clatter sent him whipping around and pointing the gun straight at the sound. Carson narrowed his eyes, inching towards a messy corner of the alley where there were trash cans and piles of debris piled up in a mountain. "Who's there?" he called out, setting his jaw. He watched intently for another sign of movement, blocking out the sounds of the rain pattering against the pavement around him so he could focus better. If he was lucky, he'd find that a stray cat had knocked over a trash can lid. If he was unlucky, he'd run into the police, or even worse - someone from an enemy gang.

He really hoped it was a cat.
Moonlight and broken boards floated across the quiet ocean waves as large fishing vessels huddled together in the water. Some were torn in half and partially sunk. Others had been burnt or smashed apart. Nets were strung like spider webs between them, tangled around ships' rudders and through masses of tall kelp that grew in the bay. Every now and then, chunks of bodies would float up through the debris, only to sink back down below the darkened waves.

And through the mess and wrecks a mermaid crept. Their eyes were clouded but sparkling, like opals held just beneath the surface of the water. Their mostly white hair shimmered with highlights of blue, pink, and turquoise as it swirled through the waves. Carefully, they pulled themselves through the broken ships and sunken sails, expertly darting past the nets and the bodies.

They'd heard sounds of a battle hours before. And now that it was quiet, their curiosity had gotten the better of them. They poked their head through portholes and even grew brave enough to pull themself out of the water onto a small nearby ship. Then they crawled around the deck, dragging their tail behind them; there was no point in transforming when they wouldn't be out long. The gills on their neck pumped as they took a few cautious sniffs. If there were any humans still alive, they'd have to be wary. But they did want to know what happened. Maybe they'd have to ask about the battle if they did find a human, regardless of their pod's rules. They were already breaking several just by being out of the water in a harbor; what was one more?
Finnegan thrashed back and forth a few more times, panting. He knew he shouldn’t have gone anywhere close to the fishing docks, but curiosity had gotten the better of him. Unfortunately, the dark, murky lake water had made it hard to see, and he’d run right into a net left dangling in the water to catch fish.

Now it was nearly impossible for him to move. The net was wound around his arms, tail, and even his neck. It only seemed to get tighter with each struggle. Tears of pain shimmered in his pale green eyes, and at last he fell limp in the net, trying to catch his breath. Then he heard a nearby noise and tensed. His eyes went wide as he saw some sort of figure moving around on the dock above water. He flicked his ear fins back, narrowing his eyes to try and get a better look. What was a human doing out here so late at night? He gulped and held stock-still, hoping whoever it was didn't see him . . .

But it would be hard to miss a mermaid with a shimmering yellow, green, and blue tail and ear fins that almost glowed in the moonlight - even underneath all the nets, kelp, and water.
He'd never been out of the water for so long before. The last of the lake water dripping from his scales was starting to dry up, and while his gills still pumped instinctively, there was nothing but dusty air to breathe in. Arlo pressed his pale gold eye against one of the air holes in the crate. He could see blurry grass, like on the edge of the lake, but not much else.

Everything was still blurry. He didn't even remember how he'd gotten into the box.

But a few seconds later - or was it a few minutes? - the crate was set down somewhere with a heavy thunk. And Arlo could hear muffled voices above him. He flicked some seaweed off his golden tail and tried to focus so he could hear the words.

There were two delivery people standing above the box, and one had just knocked on the front door of a building. They spoke when someone finally answered. "Afternoon. Package for [a character's last name or business name]?"

Either comment or send me a message if you're interested! Thanks! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back