• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Getting back into the RP scene! [lit/adv. lit]

miku

ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Hello! My name's Miku.

I haven't RPed in years but it was a huge passion of mine for years when I was younger. I'm out of practice and am looking to stretch my creative legs again!

I love writing starters that give our characters a chance to meet off the bat but if you have an idea that would work better with a different kind of opening let me know! I'm mainly looking for SOL, drama, romance, superheros/villains, and fantasy (modern preferred). However, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

PM me if you're interested!

Might as well update this one instead of making a new one;

Everything listed above stands true, but figured I’d add more of what I’m looking for to help expedite the age-old search for a good RP partner.

- Lazy lit. — lazy novella are my preferred literacy levels. I believe in intuitive writing so paragraph count is less of a concern to me than whether or not the plot is moving.

- I will only roleplay with those who are 21+.

- Open to all gender pairings with a preference for bxb, bx(nb), and bx(g) at the moment.

- Open to moving things to discord if that’s easier/allows for better plot planning.

- Dark themes are welcomed so long as you bring them up in a tasteful way.

- I will make a playlist for our roleplay. A promise and a threat.

- Fantasy/supernatural universes > SoL

- Lastly, but most importantly, I will not and can not be on at all times. I’ve got a busy life and am chronically ill. If you’re someone who needs a partner who is active daily— please continue on your way my sweet summer child.

I’ll attach some writing samples below so you can decide whether or not it’s worth reaching out.

Until next time,
Miku.

Writing Sample 1:

A wave of wind passed through blades of grass that hummed the songs of times lost. In the morning glare of dew and warmth some would argue each blade murmured of a future unseen. As the light dissipated a short twelve hours later the tendrils of wonder and flumes of mystery that danced in the moon came to life, threatening to drag you back to images you had already seen.

Women laughed, supple features highlighted by white makeup and designs created by many generations before as a sign of beauty and danger. The absurdity of performance acted as a shawl, shielding them from the gazes of those too quizzical. The illusion was fragile, mimicking the nature of the same creatures it entertained. The light that bathed the women in a shimmer of theatrics also bled through the windows, giving light to the stones and rubble that made the road below. Buildings that showcased the infancy of humans in the world did their best to stand against the climate of their home, creaking and groaning as the wind lapped against them harder.

The village was no more than five buildings wide nor deep, a small community built on a flat of land too perfect to pass up. Surrounded by moats of water, canals, and fields to grow any food they needed. Winter made itself known as patches of frost crept up from the ground. At the center of the village a small well sat unused but well kept. Coins littered the bottom of it, the stone inscribed with characters that resembled the modern language used by the people who inhabited the area around it. It was taught that it was once one of many portals that connected the realms together; the preferred method of travel for Gods, Goddesses, Spirits, and the like.

Under a pale moon the well rippled, though not visible to the human eye. The nearby flora and fauna reacted as if a fire was on the brink of raging, unaware that their actions seemed misplaced against the seemingly melodic background of the night.

Slowly the low hum only audible to the sensitive ears of the wildlife nearby grew into the sound of an invisible world clashing against the one visible to all. A crescendo of whines and sounds too complex to describe peaked as a mysteriously contrived silver line of light tore through the sky.

For a moment it was as if time had lost its indisputable borders; everything hung in a both a perpetual state of stillness and a fall that’d never end. The night sky glowed white, but soon it slowly faded into a single, trickling stream that pooled at the bottom of the well.

Writing Sample 2:

Jameson could feel the words on his tongue, sharp and unforgiving. Turning around, his shoulders falling and rising with an exasperated sigh, his pursed lips separated as he went to spit a series of whetted words waiting to find their place in the conversation. The perceived rejection left him feeling vulnerable in a way he was fighting to not tolerate. It was always easier for him to let anger course through his veins than to confront his own insecurities and shortcomings.

The expression shifted, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he saw Carter’s hands run over his face. Flicking his glance away he could feel the frustration causing his face too flush but he could feel the hint of something else underneath it. Buried under the roiling sensation of repudiation and pettiness he could feel the gentle touch of attraction. Without the collected and witty demeanor Jameson was surprised to find that he found Carter even more captivating. He rolled his eyes in response to his own duplicitous feelings, the sense of rejection suddenly at odds with the desire to find Carter’s touch again.

As Carter referenced whatever they both felt in the locker room Jameson quickly turned his head and closed his eyes for a moment, his chin pointing up a bit as he subconsciously expressed the defiance he felt as he tried to convince himself that it was just a playful moment that had become a bit too real.

His heart fluttered as he realized the distance between them had gotten smaller in the short time he had closed his eyes. It wasn’t until Carter shifted his gaze to the sky that Jameson finally allowed his eyes to focus on the man in front of him. He crossed his arms and let his weight slightly shift towards his hip, a more quizzical air about him.

Jameson quickly realized the contention he felt was one-sided as he saw an unfamiliar glow of sheepishness mixed in with the brown of his irises. The electric glare that echoed in the emerald color of his eyes softened into an empathic sheen as he suspired. Dropping his arms he took two confident steps forward leaving only a few inches between them.

His calmer, more charmed body language scintillated under the annoyed front he was using as an emotional moat. A smile threatened to turn the corners of his lips despite his desire to stay safe. Pushing Carter away and walking away in that moment would have ensured he’d never experience the newly discovered pain that came with being rejected by him again. However, the longer he had spent being just inches away from him the harder it was for him to believe that he had been rejected at all.

“Carter Martin”, his eyes glistened with a familiar playfulness, “you are an idiot.”

He rolled his eyes and he felt the last of his annoyance disintegrate, the relief doused any residual requisite to stay silent. Leaning forward he could feel as his skin barely brushed Carter’s, his tone was confident and gentle. Lowering his voice to a whisper he felt his cheek radiate heat against Carter’s noticeably cooler skin, something about being so close to Carter felt libidinous.

“I thought it was fun when this was going to be a power struggle but ‘whatever the hell’ this is feels like it’ll be more than either of us will know what to do with.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back