• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Genshin Impact x RedOut -// Festival of Velocity Dev Site

OOC
Here
Extra testing, this time with an arcade Koen (77 durability, 50 thrust, 50 top speed, 77 stability, 52 steer, 55 strafe):
Boosting to full heat: 5s at low, 3s at normal, 2s at high temp, boosting until death: 12s at low, ~10s at normal, 7s at high temp
Hot surface does not add heat, cooling over hot surface takes 15s
Cooling with brakes: 3.5s
Cooling in cold space: 4s
Cooling over water: 4.5s
Cooling naturally: 6s
Hyperboost fills the heat gauge to 50% within 5s

All this testing gives me the idea of simply testing out ship builds in game, but that would give KItsuno_ the disadvantage of not being able to test ship builds by themselves. I'm also too tired to do any math to see what does and doesn't match up, stay tuned for further concepts.

Update on the Vaness - I think I'm almost done!

1692096151318.png
If you look closely, the hurricane seed has some textures on its wings. They're not the prettiest but hey
1692096187486.png
These flaps might get swapped out. I feel like the ESA's "Hollow" flaps could fit here really well
1692096226585.png

Some ads that I just found on Genesis, of corporations that aren't mentioned anywhere else in-game:
1692118800538.png"q-betty Advertising": found on the side of a racetrack, next to a Behemoth ad
1692118957934.png"informa - we know it": search engine? News corp? Information network that broadcasts the SRRL races, among other things?

Some ads that I just found on Genesis, of corporations that aren't mentioned anywhere else in-game:
View attachment 1108636"q-betty Advertising": found on the side of a racetrack, next to a Behemoth ad
View attachment 1108637"informa - we know it": search engine? News corp? Information network that broadcasts the SRRL races, among other things?
I believe Infroma would serve as the 2 latter options. Meanwhile, Q-Betty could likely be responsible for the placements of all other adverts around the tracks, being paid to also show ads from corporations like Oikos, kinda like paying to be able to show something at Times Square.

Btw, can you pinpoint where exactly Herman landed so I can get a good idea as to updating the locator pic?

Ps: I absolutely love how the Vaness model is going

I think I copied your picture of the map and drew a blue arrow on it to mark Herman, the arrow might be a bit hard to see. Sorry about that

Edit: oh wait, no, I didn't! My bad

1692172608112.png
Here you go!

1692643802149.png1692644055551.png1692644074944.png1692644102091.png
Added some more details here and there. I think this thing's done! With a couple of months to spare, probably.
Edit: some extra pics. Imo it looks better in the viewport than with the Eevee renderer
1692648469183.png1692648554947.png
Also, have a look at the guidelines and guides room! I posted details for all the canon crafts there

Last edited:
hey!! I've also been a bit busy with getting ready for school, Mine starts up later this week : (

I'm doing alright. I have a tough oral exam ahead of me in less than two weeks, which is gonna be fun... Unless I prepare properly and have a chance to pass.

^That sucks, good luck getting through it. Though maybe you'll find something to appreciate!
By the way, who's that in your avatar?

Oh! It's Serial Designation N (Or just called N in the series-) From murder drones!! It's a youtube animation series, and it's really good!!

Been busy with school lad, just finished up some spanish work so I’ll be whipping up a post within the next few hours.

How are you btw?
Hey, I don't mind if you write shorter posts. If it means that you can post sooner and more frequently, please do!
In fact, when (or if) we finally get to the races, I can't imagine how one could write paragraph-long posts, anyways.

I just realized I forgot to reply, aha- Anyways, I put out another thing for Klee! Maybe I'll have Lumine come in aswell soon...

I got an idea for the racing system. We could try to give inputs relative to the ideal racing line... somehow. I.E. if the line is to hug the inside of a curve...

no, that feels more complicated and too forced. Huh.

Still struggling to come up with ideas that are more interesting than trying to literally simulating the physics

Been working on it, but I’ve been having to play catch up at my new school.. Sorry for not letting y’all know this earlier.

I do have some design notes written down for the tracks and representing ships of Inazuma and Sumeru, but kinda stuck on Liyue at the moment.

In terms of stats, Inazuma’s ship boasts superior electromagnetic stability, decent steer, average strafe, average durability, higher grade thrust, but top speed is a sour spot, especially on long straights. Its playstyle makes it more specialized in technical areas like Neo Tokyo, prioritizing making it through the corners faster than others.

Inazuma’s representative ship would hone a sleek and sharp edge, with design motifs similar to that of Sulha and Akhal’s. For now I’m using WipE’out”’s Assegai Ship as a base to work with. Below is a picture of the ship, but I’ll post up an edited one that marks where each customization option sits. The ship’s main power unit would be sealed chunks of Electro Crystals with tubes connecting to them that funnel oxygen in from either the outside air or installed tanks. This is because the Electro Crystal’s in-game description states that it draws electricity from the air around it.
1696398795339.jpeg

1697299874950.png
Conversation between Beetle and me, thoughts?

We could totally add more weird effects to racetracks - we're a bit detached from Redout's code here, after all. Though I have to admit, I still don't know how to implement the racing itself in a fun way.

I have an idea for a racing system - something more akin to an RPG game, where you don't keep track of the ship's lateral position at all, and instead it focuses on how the car handles in corners, which would be given different "tightness" values. Steer would then determine how much speed you can conserve through a curve of a given tightness, and tell you if you can overtake someone in said curve, and accel/top speed would tell you if you can overtake someone on a straight.

The problem is that this wouldn't factor in strafe - maybe for that, we can factor in at what angle a ship enters the corner, and the stronger the strafe factor, the sharper the angle relative to the track that the ship can exit at without touching the corner.

And to add to that, maybe we could add in an agility factor that determines how quickly racers can react--- hm, idk, I think we can do that kinda stuff as flavor too. I can already tell you that Amber will scrape the track on loops quite a few times, though.

Though another question, tilt? It's a "stat" constant across all ships no matter the upgrade, but it matters just as much as racing - if the track makes an upward bend and you don't pitch your ship backwards (i.e. your nose up), you will scrape the track and lose speed. If the track makes a downwards bend and you don't pitch forwards, you'll experience red-out and might risk passing out (which really should be independent of ship pitching, but let's not think about that too hard); maybe we'll leave those controls as flavor too.

Let's have a little test race! I don't have any specific ideas, and I don't expect this to be as fun as I'd want it to be, but ig we'll fiddle around with how the values work and such during the test.
Stock ESA (10 Hull, 10 Top Speed, 10 Thrust, 10 Steer, 10 Stability, 10 Strafe), on the first tutorial track in VERTEX? We could also try on Mt Fuji Rainbow Forest, because there are actual YT videos of it:
(First lap lasts from 0:00 to 1:45)
If either of you can find a video of the VERTEX tutorial tracks, that would be great! If not, I guess I'll have to pull out OBS and record some videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back