• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Genshin Impact x RedOut -// Festival of Velocity Dev Site

OOC
Here
Should I go ahead and introduce Amber already or should I wait for the RP to progress? And since she'll probably have her turn at the VERTEX too, how will that work out? Any suggestions?

Could have her do a casual race. Speaking of, with the RP's current pace, we might actually be able to develop a racing system, though I don't have an idea what it would look like precisely

I don't really mind if you introduce her! Feel free to.

Should I go ahead and introduce Amber already or should I wait for the RP to progress? And since she'll probably have her turn at the VERTEX too, how will that work out? Any suggestions?

Could have her do a casual race. Speaking of, with the RP's current pace, we might actually be able to develop a racing system, though I don't have an idea what it would look like precisely
Feel free to do so at your leisure!

it is? Ah, sorry, i'll get to it soon

Like an Animated series about the crossover, how would its opening credits play out? What song would be used, which characters would be featured in it, etc.
I'd imagine the song is Takeover by Zardonic. The start could be the racers gearing up, then going through all kinds of environments. Maybe Lumine getting sabotaged by the Fatui right after the first drop, and then making an epic comeback during the second drop. Also maybe her pushing a Fatui racer off the track on Tartarus Mines, like that one tight turn with no barrier on the outside. You know which one I mean, I fell off it at least twice now

Also, you know how on Mt Fuji, the track goes through a pavillon and a Japanese castle at one point? I like to think that when it's not racing season, those track pieces are taken down to respect the local culture. Could provide a nice location for a scene

That sounds like a really cool idea! I'm currently listening to it, and I can see it for sure

I'd imagine the song is Takeover by Zardonic. The start could be the racers gearing up, then going through all kinds of environments. Maybe Lumine getting sabotaged by the Fatui right after the first drop, and then making an epic comeback during the second drop. Also maybe her pushing a Fatui racer off the track on Tartarus Mines, like that one tight turn with no barrier on the outside. You know which one I mean, I fell off it at least twice now

Also, you know how on Mt Fuji, the track goes through a pavillon and a Japanese castle at one point? I like to think that when it's not racing season, those track pieces are taken down to respect the local culture. Could provide a nice location for a scene
And the Outro song could be RO2โ€™s menu theme!

The one time you will be forced to slam the brakes on a Redout track, thatโ€™s for sure. (Aside from Neo Tokyo-)

A scene in the streets of Fuji.. I can see a lot happening here. From sightseeing to visiting ASERAโ€™s facility.. hm.. maybe an event could be the natives visiting each Teamโ€™s facilities and home regions too

Wait, Asera has a facility near the Mt Fuji racetrack? And I wasn't thinking about sightseeing, more like political or personal discussion, or just characters hanging out and taking in the sight.

By the way, when the political discussions on how Tevyat and the Solar System should interact start happening, I reckon we should talk about more than just racetrack plans. There might be an interesting piece of worldbuilding there

Edit: oh, I have an idea! Offroad racing! One character challenging another to reach a certain destination as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Sure, that sounds fine

Wait, Asera has a facility near the Mt Fuji racetrack? And I wasn't thinking about sightseeing, more like political or personal discussion, or just characters hanging out and taking in the sight.

By the way, when the political discussions on how Tevyat and the Solar System should interact start happening, I reckon we should talk about more than just racetrack plans. There might be an interesting piece of worldbuilding there
Guess I got more NPCโ€™s on my write-up list (:

So far I already have:

Pilots and Ambassadors from other teams (Conq, Koen, Helix, Lunare, Sulha and Akhal so far)

AG Trainers providing tutelage for Natives

and some political figures from Faith Town

For the solar system and Teyvat, maybe we could use some elements from the Fake Sky theory?

I don't see why every single team should have their own ambassador, instead of, say, an entire committee of ambassadors representative of the Solar System's humanity. I could see the individual teams (and some of the manufacturers from R2, like Magna or Airbender) opening storefronts in Tevyat to sell their technology, though. Not sure if they would build factories or power plants in Tevyat, considering the hilichurl wildlife and the Fatui presence

Last edited:
1691528738293.png
Progress update on the Vaness! Fun fact: I did not need to do any kind of image texture work for the stripes, I did that all with texture nodes. I'm not really satisfied though, and I already have ideas for all kinds of extra details.

What exactly does the fake sky theory say?

Last edited:
View attachment 1107341
Progress update on the Vaness! Fun fact: I did not need to do any kind of image texture work for the stripes, I did that all with texture nodes. I'm not really satisfied though, and I already have ideas for all kinds of extra details.

What exactly does the fake sky theory say?
I managed to find the diagram of the theory, which is better seen than summarized
1691541607630.png

1691617696360.png
Useful image to illustrate how massive the Redout racetracks are compared to the ships. I never had this kind of perspective until now, and the speed at which you go through the tracks makes you feel way bigger than you actually are

Kitsuno, Beetle, have either of you played DnD before? I'm reconsidering the racing sysetm idea, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all
Iโ€™ve heard of it a few times but havenโ€™t gotten the time to fully look through the rules.. What ideas do you have?

None in particular, but if we want to make our own system, we should start with setting some basic guidelines. And we might be experimenting quite a bit. Here's a list of things the system would have to account for:
  • track properties - heat, curvature, effect on stability
  • environmental factors - air density, gravity
  • individual ship stats - durability, thrust, top speed, stability, steer, strafe
  • ship status - HP, heat, hyperboost fill, speed, direction
I'm also worried about how readable track properties are from videos alone. Take the first jump on Neo Tokyo - Neo Shibuya, for example (timestamp: 0:25):

If you have experience with the track, you'll know that directly after the landing, there's a ~80 degrees clockwise corkscrew, and because your ship still has downwards momentum, it will continue to move downwards due to gravity (in this case: towards the right barrier of the track) unless you steer against the gravitational force. This is not immediately apparent when watching the video, and in most other cases (excluding Origin Black Hole), gravity's effect is not that significant. Is it reasonable to try to eyeball these kinds of things anyways?

Edit: as an experiment, I tested what happens if you put an arcade Conq near the top edge of a track that's 90ยฐ rotated from the ground at regular gravity. The Conq takes about seven seconds to fall off the track, so gravity does have kind of an effect... But by that point, you'll already be far ahead
Edit 2: also, for some reason (probably magnetic grip), the Conq fell way faster when it finally came off the track
Edit 3: Repeat on Origin Black Hole, with a Mantis on the first curve left after the start yields a time of ~6s. In this case, I imagine it adds some extra difficulty for getting around the corner

If you don't mind, I'll add the base stats for all the Redout 2 ships and a ship generator tool to the resource thread. Maybe we can even have a kind of "character sheet" for the ships, with module setup, livery, parts and paintjobs, etc.!

Edit 4: we could use the VERTEX training session as a test run!

Last edited:
Two design choices that I see as important for the system are:
1. Calculations during the race get minimized, and we do as many calculations as possible (and necessary) before the race starts
2. No RNG - racing is about mastering controls, not steering and praying

The system will probably move ships in set time intervals - how big should the intervals be? Five seconds? Ten? Something else?

We could start with the easy parts of the system - heat gain and heat dissipation. Let's say every ship's durability is d=100 points multiplied by 1/10 times the ship's durability stat, d will give the value for HP and heat capacity. I.e. an ESA with no upgrades has 100 HP, while an arcade Conqueror has 520 HP, and an arcade Koeniggswerth has 670 HP.
Here's a model oriented by some testing I just performed with an unmodded ESA:
  • Sitting on a hot area adds a constant 10 heat per second, minus natural heat dissipation
  • Boosting adds a constant 20 heat per second and cancels natural heat dissipation (?)
  • Hyperboosting adds 16 heat per second, that makes 26 heat if you stack regular boost and hyperboost
  • Natural heat dissipation removes 8 heat per second
  • Braking removes another 8 heat on top of that
  • Cooling over water removes 4 heat on top of natural heat dissipation
  • Cooling in a cold environment removes 5 heat on top of natural heat dissipation
That's a lot, and we haven't even gotten into the custom parts yet!

The experiment data I collected:
Unmodded ESA:
Cooling out takes 12 seconds (on Tartarus Mines and on Mt Fuji, so environmental heat doesn't affect anything)
Cooling with brakes takes 6 seconds (while braking from 1101 km/h down to 131 km/h on a downwards slope, i.e. as long as you have speed - if you don't have any speed, braking doesn't affect your heat)
Cooling out over water takes 9 seconds
Cooling out in a cold area takes 8 seconds
Boosting to full heat takes 5s at regular and low temperatures, 3s at high temperatures, then an extra 5.5s with regular, 7s with low and 3s with high temperature to die from overheat
Hyperboost also takes 5 seconds, but only fills the heat gauge to 90%
Hot surface takes 45 seconds to overheat, 1 minute to die from overheat

Unmodded Koeniggswerth (15 durability):
Boosting to full heat takes 4s at low, 3s at regular, 2s at high temperature; 6s at low, 6s at regular, 4s at high temperature until overheat death
Hot surface takes 45 seconds to overheat, 1 min 15 seconds to die from overheat
Cooling with brakes takes 5 seconds
Cooling in cold space takes 8 seconds
Cooling over water takes 12 seconds
Cooling out naturally takes 12 seconds (I tested this and "over water" twice to make sure I wasn't miscounting)
Hyperboost fills the heat gauge to 90% within 5 seconds

All times have been measured using the in-game timer and the rewind feature. Tests have been performed on Mariana Trench and in Tartarus Mines. I'll test out an upgraded ship soon, like an arcade Koen

Should we try to adjust the system to try to make it fit Redout's stats or should we do our own thing?

Also, I edited the post above a couple of times with extra details and questions, fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back