• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum looked down at his feet, thinking of all the soldiers who are currently dying. Would they be in this situation of Gallium was in charge still? Callum doubted they would be. "Thank you. Is there any more information I need?" He asked.

"Not really, just that both of you should definitely hurry. This place will be filled with angry ghosts if you don't hurry. And I don't know where Mistress Camilla disappeared to."

Callum nodded and began to backstep in Emmalia's direction. "Thank you. I'll be sure to repair the castle when I can." He promised her before rejoining with Emmalia. "We need to get somewhere safe and command some troops."

"Sounds like a plan," she said quietly. "Now, hush, echoes travel here." She was definitely more of a stealth type than Callum.

Callum didn't reply in fear of alerting someone. The castle shook every now and then as siege engines attempted to either push through the walls and gate, or climb over them. They were met with Callum's army, which was more stubborn than even he thought. "We need to get out in the open soon, this place may collapse any second."

Soon the ended up seeing light coming from a grate by the kitchens. Emmalia pushed up on the grate and shook it until it came loose, then set it aside and hailed herself up, offering Callum a hand once she was on solid ground.

Callum accepted her hand and hoisted himself up through the entrance. "We need to make sure Balder hasn't broken free yet. If he's left, he may just start an assault on Cassian and us now."

"And if he's here, have him call off his men, then execute him?" Emmalia led the way through the kitchens, which were empty of servants.

"Yes, after we torture him for information again. There's something he must not be telling us." He guided Emmalia to the dungeon, and when they got there, the gate that once held Balder was wide open, and the man was nowhere to be seen. "No, no!" Callum said, looking around. "How did he escape already?"

"Bribery, I suspect." Emmalia sighed, and said, "He can't have gone without being seen at all, but the chances of a guard or servant giving up one of their own isn't high. It's not like I can sniff him out, though if he's near I could probably tell."

Callum nodded and pulled out his sword. "We might be able to find him easier if we split up, but I don't think we should. Either were certain we'll be safe together, or Balder has a better chance of escaping, if he hasn't already."

Emmalia looked over at Callum and stayed silent. He was immortal, and she was nearly so, but even then, the thought of him getting hurt because she was gone upset her. "We stay together."

Callum nodded slowly. "I was hoping you'd say that." Callum knew she was a vampire, but there were vampire hunters. There were even soldiers trained to deal with them, like Cassian's guards no doubt. He didn't want her running around without him. "So, where to then?"

"He's a coward - strategy rooms, maybe somewhere where there's a map of the castle grounds. He wouldn't be on the front line." Emmalia could only make guesses at best.

"That would make sense." Callum said, and went off with Emmalia to search the castle. The search was halted, however, when upon the armory, they saw a group of four men. Three of then we're carrying weapons and used heavy armor - while the fourth, was Balder, just as he began to grab a sword. "I'm sorry I couldn't stay for the afterparty." He said, as the three elite guards blocked their view of him.

Emmalia settled into a fighting stance. "If you can handle two of them, I might be able to kill the one, then to run past and get to Balder," she said quietly. They couldn't afford losing track of Balder anymore, and she wanted to deal with him sooner than later.

"Got it." Callum said. He surged forward and began to try and distract two of them. He parried one and sent him flying into the other, giving him an easy opening to cut at his shoulder blade, making his sword arm useless. By the time the other was done fumbling from the hit, Callum was back into a defensive stance while the other tried to switch to his offhand to fight.

Emmalia had to get in close, but she was quick enough to dodge around the swinging blade and get behind the guy. From there, she put her sword under his helmet and to his neck and beheaded him easily. With the other two distracted, Emmalia ran after Balder, with her blade still dripping blood.

Balder had already gotten a head start. He got smart and figured his guards wouldn't last long against them both, so he went through the other exit. When he turned a corner, he stopped dead in his tracks and ran backwards, hoping to surprise Emmalia and knock her down to give him more time.

Emmalia could hear the change in pace and direction in Balder's footsteps, so shewas ready for him, and put forward enough force that she actually tackled him to the ground when she got him.

Balder grunted when Emmalia collapsed him to the ground, hitting the hard cobblestone which knocked hie breath from his lungs. He reopened his eyes after the shock, and stared up at her. "Just let it happen! This coup will work whether I'm here or not, so let me enjoy it!" He brought his sword hand up slightly and suddenly thrust it through her side, the blade exiting through her back.

Emmalia grunted and tensed up when the blade went into her side, but she reflexively clawed from under his helmet up, clawing his face, and grabbed the hilt of the sword with her left hand. If he took the blade, he'd know her blood was black. She groaned and rolled off of him - even if he got away, she had no choice, the pain was starting to overwhelm her.

Balder slowly raised from the ground, still winded from being tackled. He leaned against the wall for a moment before looking over at her. After taking in another breath, he said, "I'm sorry Emmalia, I was hoping to strike your heart and kill you quicker. I wish things could be different. I never wanted to kill you." He said, before looking off in the distance where they had come from. Callum had just finished killing the first guard, and was now furiously overpowering the second on his own. Balder slowly turned back to Emmalia. "I'm sorry." We're his last words before beginning to run off down the hallway. He was much slower now and had a slight limp as he ran.

Emmalia started coughing up blood, but managed to yell, "You will be sorry, coward! You're betraying everyone, and for what?!" She couldn't continue, and started coughing up more and more blood as her lungs were flooded. That would take a while to heal, numerous internal organs had been hit.

Not long after, Callum began calling out to her. He made his way to her side as fast as he could and leaned down beside her. "Are you going to be alright?" He asked, unsure what her vampirism allowed her to survive and heal from. "Did Balder do this?" He asked, balling his fists before lifting her up so he was holding her upper body in his arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back