• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

"It'll take time, but... eventually." Emmalia reached out and guided his hand to the sword hilt. "I need to breathe, I'll bleed a lot, but please take it out," she murmured, as it was getting hard to stay conscious. "Do that, leave me, go get 'im."

Callum had a rush of emotions to feel, which seemed to happen a lot recently. Slowly, he put his hand on the hilt. "Three... Two... One..." Callum yanked out the blade in one swift motion. He tried keeping his eyes off of the wound. "Balder will get what he deserves." He said through gritted teeth, before leaning down and gently kissing her head.

Emmaia smiled slightly, then leaned away to cough up more blood. Finally, she said, "I love you. Now, go." Once her lungs healed, she could sleep.

Callum stared down at Emmalia, his expression grim as a mix of expressions came across him. Finally, he put enough faith in her to set her down gently. "I will be back for you." He said, picking up Balder's sword from the ground and running after him.

Emmalia nodded slightly before passing out.

Unbeknownst to Callum, a guardsman had heard the noise and come to investigate. He found Emmalia barely breathing, but couldn't get past the sight of the black blood pooled about her.

Callum had found Balder trying to burst through a door that was blocked off by rubble from the siege. It was a dead end other than that door, and if Balder wanted to try and escape, he has to go through Callum. But of course, from the way he was walking, Balder didn't expect to do so. "Please, just, I need more time is all, you'll understand! I - I can give you gold! I can make you wealthy beyond belief!" He attempted to persuade Callum, but he was already thinking of ways to make it as painful of a death as possible.

Balder was easily overpowered by Callum, who was forced against the wall by his forearm on his neck. He took in the joy he felt of watching Balder unable to breathe after what he had done to Emmalia. Slowly, Callum lifted the blade over their heads, pressed it down to Balder's mouth, and applied pressure to force the blade between his teeth. Callum made sure the blade went down to its hilt in his throat, as Balder choked on his own blood and steel. Callum pulled away and watched him fall, lifeless on the floor.

The soldier ran straight to the strategy room, where Camilla stood alone. "M'lady, I-I found madame Emmalia, but I think she's dead, however, there was a pool of black blood around her and it was clearly hers, I think she was or is some kind of monster, and she might come back and kill us!"

Camilla seemed vaguely surprised at the news. "Really? Well, tell me where she is and I will deal with it. But understand that Madame Emmalia... she was raised to be a huntress, and the black blood is due only to her breeding and the training she went through. She's very sensitive about it, though. I doubt she is dead, and I will take care of her, but you can tell nobody - not your wife, children, captain, anything."

The soldier seemed confused, but did as he was bid and guided Camilla to Emmalia's side. Camilla told him to go away, then carefully picked up Emmalia to take her to the bedroom she shared with Callum.

Callum had been rather confused when he came across the pool of black blood where Emmalia was, but she was missing. He figured she had healed enough to move somewhere more suitable than a hallway, and checked the nearby rooms. After that, he checked their bedroom to see if she had gone there. He hasn't expected to see Camilla there as well. "Are you both alright?" He asked, closing the door behind him. "Is Emmalia going to be okay?"

Camilla sighed and gently brushed back Emmalia's hair. "With time, yes. She lost a lot of blood and will be very hungry when she wakes, and probably confused and weak, too. One of the Guards found her, but I made sure he wouldn't tell anyone about the blood."

Callum quickly joined her side and looked over Emmalia. "She better be alright." He said quietly under his breath. Emmalia was the world to him, and if anything were to happen, he would personally tear through the entire army knocking on his door. "I need you to watch over her until I can drive off this coup. Can you do that for me?" He asked Camilla, a certain look in his eyes - a mix of fear, anger and sadness distilled within them.

"Yeah, I can," Camilla said quietly. What he planned on doing, she didn't know, but with Emmalia injured, she wouldn't have been surprised if he had planned on fighting each soldier one at a time. "Don't get yourself killed, though." She didn't know about his immortality yet.

Callum didn't answer as he stood and took a second to think of a course of action. Slowly, he began to make his steps towards the door. "Make sure to bar the door with a thing you can, in case I fail." He said before closing the door behind him. Callum had paused once out of the room and sighed heavily, walking on to meet with his troops.

Camilla was rather shocked by that statement, but realized the sense in it and locked the doors, then moved a large, heavy armchair in front of them before going back to tend to Emmalia. She changed her clothing into loose breeches and one of Callum's shirts, and bathed the wounds in clean water.

When the dust had settled and the sun rose, thr castle remained standing and in control by Callum. Both sides had taken losses, however, and it could be considered more of a pyrrhic victory than anything else. When Callum had returned to the room, he knocked and called out, "It's safe I believe Camilla, for now." To let them know it was him.

Camilla quickly opened the door for Callum. "Good, I knew you could do it. And she has been doing well, asked after you each time she woke." Indeed, Emmalia had woken twice, but was at that moment sound asleep.

Callum looked off at Emmalia, remaining silent for a moment. "Thank you, Camilla. I don't know what I'd do without her." Sure, she couldn't truly be killed in that way, but it was no doubt painful. Callum didn't like to see her in distress, and seeing a sword sticking through her side wasn't reassuring of his skills to protect her.

Emmalia was roused by the sounds around her. She opened her eyes and looked directly at Callum. "Cal...? You're back? Are you okay? Where've you been?" She was clearly rather disoriented and tried to sit up straighter, but had difficulty due to her wound.

Callum quickly stepped forward and made sure Emmalia didn't sit up. "I'm okay, I'm fine. You need to rest Em. I've been thwarting Balder's coup." He said quietly and put a hand gently on her shoulder.

Callum's smile faded a bit, and he nodded slowly. "Caught him st the end of a hallway. He didn't deserve to live after what he did to you."

Emmalia reached out and pulled Callum close to hug him. "You're so protective, it's adorable." She pressed her head into his shoulder, then quietly said, "I love you."

Callum wrapped his arms tightly around Emmalia, careful not to touch her wound. He smiled softly, and whispered back, "I love you too, Em. Just promise me you won't get stabbed again."

Emmalia chuckled and nestled into the embrace. "That's a hard thing to promise, dearest."

Camilla cleared her throat and said, "Emmalia, you're probably hungry, right?"

Em quietly said, "Yeah, but no worries, I won't bite him."

Callum was a bit scared of being bitten to be honest, but he figured that Emmalia would try her hardest to keep from harming him. Plus, even if she did, they've proven he can't turn. He simply held onto the embrace for a bit longer before sitting up. "Do you require anything?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back