• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum smiled softly. "You know, you don't have to hide it from me, I've seen worse. Hell, I've done worse." Callum had always thought she was rather adorable when she was shy, which wasn't very often. He also realized she was talking about killing a living thing and drinking it's blood, but it didn't seem to bother him too much.

"No, it's not just that, I mean, that's partly it, but when I drink my glamor fails. I never want you seeing me like that." Her voice was quiet and timid, and clearly she was totally honest.

Callum kissed her head gently. "Don't worry, if you don't want me to see, then I won't. I respect that." He remained by her side and held her hand gently. "The castle is pretty badly beaten up."

"That can be repaired. The question is, are you badly beaten up?" Emmalia's voice was soft and serene, begging for honesty from him.

Callum didn't want to lie to her, and he never would, but he didn't feel too bad at the moment. He had obviously gotten hurt a few times during the battle but nothing too serious. The worst part about his night so far was having to kill the man who introduced him to his fiance. "I'm fine Em, promise." He flashed a smile to reassure her.

"Okay. Well, you should go take a bath to get the dried blood off of you, then you can come back and rest," Emmalia said sternly.

Camilla said, "Emmalia, I could go get you some fresh kill from the kitchens, you can drink it while he's bathing."

Emmalia slowly nodded. "Please do."

Callum didn't want to part from Emmalia, but he knew she had stated many times that she didn't enjoy eating in front of people, plus the it was rather annoying to be covered in other people's blood. "I shall return shortly." Callum said, and kissed Emmalia's cheek once before leaving the room.

When Camilla brought her food, she was happy to drain it dry, then Camilla took it away again to be burned. Emmalia hated being stuck in bed, but she had gotten gorged on a sword, so she couldn't really argue. She just wanted to take care of Callum.

Callum had taken a rather long, relaxing bath. After last night's events, he needed to get some stress relief. He eventually got out and had gotten into a better set of clothes. He decided not to put his armor back on, and enjoyed the airy feel of normal apparel. He went back to the room Emmalia was in, making sure to knock first.

Emmalia asked Camilla to depart, and invited Callum in. Camilla waited until she saw Callum, just to make sure it was really him, then left.

Emmalia smiled at Callum. "You seem more relaxed. Come on and rest, it's been a long day and night for you."

Callum wasn't going to argue, he was tired and hadn't slept all night. He tiredly climbed into bed beside her and let a hand wrap around her side. "I missed you." Was all he said.

Em very carefully turned to face him and pressed her head into his chest. "I missed you too. I'm sorry I couldn't fight besides you, my love."

"I'm glad you didn't." Callum said quietly. "It was a close call with Balder anyway, if anything bad had happened to you, I'm not sure what I'd do." He didn't take his eyes off the ceiling as he spoke monotone.

Emmalia could hear in his voice that he was upset. "Love, it's okay. Let's not think about that." She moved carefully so she could kiss his forehead, then his cheek, then his lips, trying to smother any feelings of worry with love.

Callum hadn't opposed her kisses, and soon felt his worries melt as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He returned the passion of the gentle kisses, and made sure Emmalia felt just as loved as he did.

She could feel him relaxing, and pulled away from the kisses to press her head into the crook of his neck. "I love you. Now, please rest."

Callum didn't argue. He was tired and exhausted, probably had a few bad injuries, and overall just wasn't having a good day. "I love you too." He said tiredly, and kept his arms around her as he slowly felt himself fall asleep.

The next morning, Emmalia woke stiff and sore, and got up to take a long, hot bath without walking Callum. He deserved his rest, and she needed the warm water on her muscles. She left him a note and went over to the hot bath with her single attendant.

Callum had slept well into the day, and woke up rather groggy. He sat up and scratched his head, looking around for his missing fiance. When he saw the note, he promptly read it and laid back down, deciding to wait for Emmalia to come back.

When Emmalia returned, she sat on the side of the bed to brush her hair out. "Good morning, dearest. Did you sleep well?"

"Like a child." He replied, opening his eyes slowly. He smiled down at her, and asked, "How was your bath? Relaxing I presume?"

"Yeah, eased some of the inflammation around the wounds." She leaned in and kissed him gently on the lips, then went back to brushing her hair.
Camilla knocked, then came in with a letter in her hand. "Just got this by mage from the King. He says he'd like to speak with Callum, he heard about the attempted coup through the mage." She held the letter out and Emmalia took it, then opened it and read it aloud. It said exactly what Camilla had told them.

Callum examined the note carefully. After a moment, he said, "I assume he wants me there as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if leaving the castle unsupervised is wise. I don't want Emmalia to stay behind, though. I guess you're stuck babysitting the castle again, sorry sis." He stood slowly, wincing as his sore muscles stretched.

Camilla shrugged. "Gives me more time to finish Emmalia's wedding dress."

Emmalia looked at Callum with concern. "Lover, you shouldn't be up and moving so soon, neither of us should be."

"You can rest in the carriage on the way there. I'll be fine love, I promise." He gave her a gentle kiss before grabbing pieces of his armor - rather painfully - and attempted to put it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back