• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum ha dear what Emmalia said and was rather lost - he thought she didn't want to see her family. Perhaps she was fjnally ready to face them again, after all of these years. "I will go to the West, Mlord. As long as you deem it to be helpful."

"Many thanks, Lord Callum. It would be best for you to depart immediately. I need those men sooner than later." Cassian was by no means ungrateful for what was being done, but those reinforcements were direly needed.

Once they were headed back to the carriage, Emmalia said, "I'd stay, but I don't want you going alone."

"Em, if you're feeling unsure about this, I won't force you. I don't want to be away from you but I also don't want you to go through something you're not ready for yet." He said as he got into the carriage.

"Doesn't matter if I'm ready or not, I'm not leaving you to the mercy of my parents," she grumbled quietly as she closed the carriage door behind them.

Callum looked over at Emmalia, trying to read her emotions. "I love you, Emmalia." He said, attempting to lift the heavy curtain dropped by the topic of meeting her parents.

Emmalia kissed him in return and leaned against him. When they separated, she sighed. "I never thought I'd willingly go back there...."

"But the fact that you are proves your worthy of being their family member, whether they accept you or not." Callum said rather quickly, as to make sure Emmalia wouldn't doubt herself too long. "Either way, you've got nothing to be worried about."

"Being worthy of being their relation is not an honor, but an insult. They're animals." Emmalia huffed and crossed her arms. "I have nothing to worry about, but I don't have to like it."

"You're preaching to the converted, Emmalia." He said with his hands raised defensively, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "I'll stand by you."

"Yeah. No matter what I say, you stand by me." She looked up at him, then adjusted where she was so her head laid in his lap with her hair laid out over one of his thighs. "Not that I'd doubt it, but just... if we show any sign of not being perfectly synced up, they will tear us apart."

Callum nodded his head. "I'll follow your lead no matter what. Nothing means more to me than you." He reached his hand down and gently stroked her hair. "How long does it take to get there again? Five days?"

Callum nodded slowly and continued to play with her hair. "Hey, Em. No matter what your family says or thinks, just remember they'll purposefully try to get under your skin. Don't let them. I'm here to make sure you're at ease."

"Oh, I know they will. But they still think I was kidnapped. They still think of themselves as the perfect parents. They think they're perfect. They abuse their servants, because nobody has ever told them they're wrong. I'm going to tell them they were wrong. I', not going to take their abuse anymore." Emmalia opened her eyes to meet his.

Callum looked down at her and continued to play with her hair lightly. "Just as long as it doesn't put you in any danger, I'll support you completely."

"As long as you're sure." He said. "Plus, I'd never let them touch you anyway. I'm your family now, you don't need them or their consent." Callum smiled.

"Yeah. I'd cut off their hands if they tried touching me. And I'm going to make sure they know I feel that way too." Emmalia chucked. "But lets wait on telling them that we're engaged, I'll choose when to say that, otherwise they'll try to ban you or try making preparations or whatever they want to do."

Callum nodded. "Have you thought about whether you'll invite them to the wedding? I suppose not, but I'm just asking so I know the plan."

Emmalia laughed "No, I want a pleasant event, silly. They're not even my family, they're dead to me. I considered inviting Mathias and his wife, though, but they're so far up north I couldn't ask them to do that."

"I'm sure he would be delighted to attend our wedding." Callum said. "You should at least ask - I know I'd be hurt if I was in his place and I wasn't invited." He smiled.

Emmalia slowly nodded and smiled a bit. "Yeah, you're right.... We can send it to his Lord, he'll be sure to get it. It would be nice to have him. And you'll have Camilla there, we'll both have our 'siblings'."

Callum smiled and nodded. "I wonder if any of my brothers would show up if I invited them - at least the ones I know the whereabouts of. Besides them, Camilla and maybe some of my childhood servants who are still kicking, I'm not sure who else I'd want to invite."

"Yeah, and small is nice, so it'll be okay if we only have a few guests." She slowly relaxed in his lap, even if she didn't want to. His playing with her hair had that effect.

Callum was beginning to tire a bit, the quiet carriage ride over bumpy cobblestone proved to be a very good lullaby to him. he remained his composure though, and continued to run his hands through Emmalia's hair gently. "We can't forget about Aman."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back