• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Emmalia frowned and wrapped her arms around his torso carefully and dragged him down to the bed. "Callum, I'll let you go, but you can't be straining yourself. You have to let me help you with your armor."

Callum didn't like to be seemingly helpless, reliant on others to do simple tasks, even if it was just until he got better from his fatigue. Callum let out a soft sigh though, and decided that he'd rather have Emmalia help him than anyone else. So, he let her. "Thank you, Em." He said tiredly.

Emmalia, though stiff herself, assisted Callum and patiently worked with him to get him into his armor. "We get into that carriage, the armor's coming off, and you're resting. Okay?"

"Emmalia, I don't think I should. We could be attacked at any moment on the way to Cassian. I don't feel safe resting and going without my armor. I understand you're caring for me but I need to care for you too." He stood tall like he always did, but he was hurting rather badly from the night before. Still, Callum would rather die than let that show.

Emmalia stood in front of him in her own armor, and, still looking him in the eyes, took his hand in hers and laced their fingers together. "You're just so tense and worried lately, and now you're physically hurt too, and I don't know how I can fix any of it...."

"Emmalia, just keep being yourself and you'll make everything better." Callum kissed the top of her head and gave her hand a light squeeze. "Do you need to bring anything with you?"

"I have my weapons and my armor, let me get my travel pack." Emmalia hesitated, then kissed him lightly. "So whenever you're ready, I am."

Callum nodded slowly. "I'll meet you by the carriage." He said, and stopped her before she could leave. "Be careful though, we don't know how badly the walls are. They might come crashing down any second." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze before returning the kiss, and grabbing his things.

Emmalia nodded and grabbed her pack. "We can have some workers reinforce the walls while we're gone. Camilla can handle it."

In the carriage, Emmalia situated herself so she was comfortable and her body could actually rest, but she was watching Cal to make sure he would be just as comfortable.

Callum was rather relaxed in the carriage. The worries of being inside of a crumbling castle had left him, and now the only thing he needed to focus on was his sore muscles. Other than that, Callum was rather well off. "How are you fairing dearest?" He asked, leaning his head to look over at her.

"Pretty well. Sore when I move around, of course, but I've been worse off. Like when I was stabbed and burned repeatedly. Getting gutted by a sword isn't that bad in retrospect." She sighed and closed her eyes. "I hope Cassian doesn't want us to do anything strenuous...."

Callum didn't like hearing the things that had happened to her, how much suffering she had gone through. He tried to push it from his mind, since there wasn't much he could do about it. "I hope so too. He'll probably just question us a lot - hopefully."

"Yeah. We have five days to heal before we even get there, though. Maybe he just wants to make sure in person that we killed Balder." She could at least hope that it was that simple.

Callum nodded his head and looked out the window for a moment before smiling back at her. "You know, we can get married as soon as that dress is finished."

Emmalia, still with her eyes closed, smiled. "Yeah.... We'll have to find a priest too. And a location. It'd be nice if we could eventually build a bench or a gazebo out by wherever we marry, so we can just go there to relax..." Her voice drifted off as she started dozing lightly.

Callum smiled, knowing she must be too tired to carry on conversation too well. "So, you want it somewhere near the castle then, I suppose?" He asked, assuming they'd live there. He didn't see why they wouldn't - There was destined to be a nice stream somewhere near the castle.

"Yeah, I do," she said quietly. "Just far enough to be private and hard for others to find, but near enough we can go for a walk to visit."

Callum smiled softly. "I like the sound if that. It'll be nice and peaceful. Would we build the gazebo before or after the wedding?" He asked.

"After," she said quietly. She reached out and took his hand and held it to her chest life a child clutching a toy, then fell asleep.

Callum smiled softly and made sure not to remove his hand. It was adorable to see Emmalia be so childish, so relaxed even after the recent events they've been through.

Five days passed in the carriage before they arrived to Cassian's. They were both almost completely healed from their wounds. Cassian invited them to an audience immediately, and it was in a strategy room instead of a throne room, in complete privacy. When he saw Emmalia, he seemed a bit surprised. "I asked for Callum's presence... though I suppose, I ask for one, I ought to expect the other."

"By now I'd expect you to figure that by now." Callum spoke humbly, making sure not to sound too matter-of-factly. "She's the only person in this world I trust. Plus, she's a pretty good fighter." He smiled in Emmalia's direction. "So, you called for us?"

Cassian slowly nodded. "Well, I called for you, Callum, because you are a standing Lord, and... I need to ask a favor. With the coup routed for the moment, I'm sure the other Lords who were in on it will be rowdy. Not to mention, all those men who had to be moved to attack your castle, there will be stragglers and potential problems. Besides upping the guard in my own castle and castles I believe to be at risk, I need men to patrol the villages and cities more now. But I haven't the man-power, and you need your men in case of another attack. The next largest in the North is the LaFaren's guards. I'd like to ask you to go to the LaFaren and speak with Lord LaFaren about lending me 5,000 men to patrol the west and Northwest."

Emmalia visibly stiffened at the request.

Callum didn't look at Emmalia, knowing she was probably petrified. He kept his expression as blank as before, and then replied. "I'm sure you have others who can run this errand for you, I have units to order, and villages to protect-" He tried to debate, knowing Emmalia would be recognized if she went with him.

Cassian shook his head. "I would if I could, Callum. You're the only Lord I trust to be able to get safely to the LaFaren's. You know the West is full of monsters - I send anyone else, they'll take longer because they will need troops to guard them. I know Emmalia wouldn't want to go there, which is why I only asked you."

Emmalia turned her eyes away and said, "Don't let me stop you, M'Lord. My parents will be happy to lend you men, I'm sure, but they're all for propriety. I doubt even one of your messengers would be accepted, only a Lord would be welcome. I understand the need."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back