• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Gears will turn (with No More Pretending)

"I have no other choice..", he replied as slowly stood up and grabbed his bag. "I'll wait till we get somewhere secluded to call Mouse", he said as he looked around, "But first, we gotta find a way out of here."

"You have any idea where that is?", he asked with a chuckle. "Sorry, I've never actually been to Haven before, I'm a bit lost, I just see the city on the far side over there", he replied, pointing to some glistening buildings past a couple of abandoned ones. With no bases currently set up at Haven, Jack wasn't stationed or told to do any reconnaissance on this city, so, he was literally a blind eye.

"Well then, he replied with a chuckle, "After you madam." Jack lets out a joke of a bow and waits to follow her.

She walked ahead of him, her lips pursed as she jerked her leg a bit. A bolt in the joint was getting tight. "I think it will be very busy near the port, so we should probably move north a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey, you're the expert, show the way", he replied with a chuckle as he followed her. He noticed her beginning to jerk her aesthetic, looks like something is tightening, "Your leg alright? I'm an engineer, you want me to take a look at it later?"

"It's been temperamental. Ihaveto loosen my knee every once in a while." She smiled a bit. " I'll loosen it again when we arrive at the inn, but thank you for the offer."

He kept a smile as he nodded. Jack is still surprised she stayed this long with him. Regina literally could've left him to die in that crash, or she could've ran off to the authorities and turned him in, or even since Mouse called apparently, she could've told him he died. But no, she stood beside him this long, and is even offering a place for him to go. Jack reached over and took her hand, giving a gentle thankful squeeze as he kept his grin while he followed her. 

"Take a seat", he replied softly as he sat down and pulled out an imperial pistol from his bag, a Mauser to be exact, and slips it into his pocket as he slings the bag on his back. "We'll take that break you said earlier."

Jack let out a soft chuckle and smile as he noticed her leg was refusing to bend and work. He kept a grin as he holstered his sidearm and reached into his bag, pulling out a small case of tools and a luber of oil. He went over and kneeled by her leg, "You good?"

"Here..", Jack responded as he brought the leg up, holding it on his knee as he remained kneeled. He looked up at her with a grin as he gently patted onto her prosthetic, "Mind if I take a look?"

The insurgent kept a grin as he chuckled and nodded, slowly pulling out some screwdrivers. He began removing some plates as he remained careful, grabbing the luber as he applied some drops of oil onto some of the ligaments that seemed to be tightening, but even if they weren't, better safe than sorry. He then looked up to her, "Where's the bolt that keeps tightening."

"Ah-ha. Gotcha you little buggard..", he muttered as he pulled up some more tools, adjusting the bolt, seeing some cinks in the gears. After a few satisfying clicks and clanks of tinkering, Jack let out a bright grin and chuckle as he let out a sigh, closing her leg up, "Seems there were some kinks in the machinery, hopefully it won't lock on you anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back