• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Gears will turn (with No More Pretending)

"Joseph Greiere..", he muttered the name to himself as he tried to ponder his memories. "I can't, recall..", he replied with an apologetic tone.

"Perhaps you'll recognize my code name." He held up a finger as if telling him to remain silent. "Lazarus. Your father was on that project, you know; that was the one where I rose through the ranks and gained my name."

"Lazarus..?", he peered again and gave his head a shake, the young man was certainly having memory troubles. "I've never been the brightest with memory..", he recalled with a sigh, "What was my father's name then.."

At that point in time, Jack simply smiled a bit. Perhaps he was telling the truth after all, "Well played."

He looked over to Regina with a small shrug, an unsure smile on his face. He could possibly be telling the truth after all, not many officially knew Jack's father's name, let alone his nickname. He reached over and took a seat quietly.

Jack was a little uneasy, however, the familiar feeling of her hand taking his was a bit comforting and reassuring. He kept a small grin, giving her hand a thankful squeeze.

The man turned to them. "I certainly am glad that you both made it safely. I could have lived without the resistance messing with that voyage, but it is going to be alright nonetheless."

"What was the plan?" She asked.

"Oh, yes. I was getting to that!" He said with a smile. "You were to come to me so you were safe."

Jack was now for sure lost in this part of the meeting. Before it all happened, Jack was sure he led the coup on his own terms and orders, not a part of something bigger. But apparently, from this, "Lazarus", Regina's part in this was planned from the very beginning. Jack looked over to Regina, "If you have anything else to spill or have any particular secrets, now is the time to say something. "

He let out a bit of a surrendering sigh with a shrug as he looked back at Joseph, "Well, since I have been eye opened on how my entire plan was part of something way bigger in the end, where does this take us now? "

Jack let out a chuckle as he turned over to his companion, "I'm sorry I brought you into this. "

With a shrug of agreement, he turned back over to Joseph, "So, your daughter is right here, what's the next move. "

[Redacted and reposted in case of lack of notification]

(You were correct to assume lack of notification.)

He paused for a moment, fingers stroking his chin, a few pin points of stubble glinting in the light. "We get them to issue a statement about what happened today. As far as they know, you've kidnapped her and she as well as you are dead. You both will either need new covers or we can use you two as more 'shocking' individuals in highly public offensives."

(Well, I'll reply in the morning after yours, I just got back on post XD)

He nodded, a cover story wouldn't be that bad, return the legendary Jack Archer back to the land of the dead. He looked over back to his companions way, a sly grin, a cover up would definitely have an impact in her newly acquired life as well. "You got a say in this too, you like how this is rolling out? "

"I like the Highly Publicized idea. As well as it's going with us as a shadow organization, I feel a lot more public sympathy can be invoked if we are more outspoken." She was really just spit-balling here, but he did ask.

"Sounds good to me", he nodded in agreement. He looked back over to Joseph, "Let's get this started. "

He gave a nod and sat down. "The first step will be a message from a grieving father and her intended. A public funeral. Get emotions high. Get people even more invested in the life and story of my child."

Jack kept a sly grin as he proceeded to listen to the plans. The young man was certainly pleased about this, it was definitely turning out better than expected.

"And then what? What if they're angry?"

"We use that. Show that the first event was not the rebellion; show that the plane was shot down today even though they knew you were on board."

"Would that work?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back