• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
37007e8a3bb6a26222ca23c38cdafc2f.jpg

"Weakness without, strength within."- Signed on a trading card

NAME:
Paul Bunyan

BIRTHPLACE:
Somewhere in Galar

(Turfield, Galar)

[Has to be somewhere in Galar. If they're not, please provide a good reason.]

GYM TYPE:
Grass

APPEARANCE:
Ever seen somebody who has the pokemon ability intimidate? Hes large, scar covered, and looks like he wrestled two Ursaring while a Murkrow pecked at his face. He dresses like hes going to war and generally has a serious and terminal case of R.B.F.

His voice is also very loud, his indoor voice rings eardrums and his yelling can be heard over a roaring stadium, to put it nicely. He is, without a doubt, a generally intimidating fellow.

Now why in hell does every single pokemon he meets act like hes a gigantic pokedoll comeplete with cuddles, chomping and shaking him like a chewtoy? The world may not know.

PERSONALITY:
He is large, in charge, and always ready the throw down! This man is a rocker to the highest degree and more than willing to fork up all his money to buy his darling little sweet pokemon whatever their hearts desire! All whilst looking like he is goig to rob the place.

Yes, a comepletely hardened and terrifying individual! His loud voice and brutish demeanor cannot simply be a way to actually hide the fact he is softer than a poffin and more loving to his pokemon than a grandma to her favorite grandchild(Which is generally all of them). Truely, there are many in this world who wouldn't mind seeing him drop the act, but... Old habits die hard, and this habit has always been there. Acting tough, pulling a 180 with a pokemon, pulling the tough act once again...

It must be tiring, but the pokemon seem to love it, and some fans seem to like it enough to. Enough to start a club around him called "The Tough Bleedin' Hearts" club.

Which speacialize in motorcycles, pokemon, and occasionally bake sales for charity.

SHORT BIOGRAPHY:

Paul was always abit of a hard case to crack, from even a young age he had this... Unfriendly look about him. Even when he smiled his furrowed brow and thick brow gave kids his age either a reason to laugh at him, which generally ended quickly when he looked their way to find out whats so funny( He wants to know the joke to), or just generally give him a wide burth. He made many attempts to seem nicer, but after he made that young girl in class cry he stopped and clammed up entirely...

Until they were old enough to learn about pokemon. The first time he met a new one outside of his father's Mightyena (brought in from his brief time in Hoenn) was during that little class, he met the pokemon that would soon become the seed of his love for grass types.

A Seedott.

Now, many would leave a Seedott be, but not this grumppy little child, he went straight up to it, and... Gave it a hug, which it obliedged by... Doing nothing, as Seedott do. This brief exchange of affection and inability to show it gave fruit to a long standing love of pokemon! This seedott being so unexpressive reminded him of... Himself!

So, after years of work... He finally did it so long... Now nothing can stop him! All shall know the greatness of the GRASS TYPE!!!
TEAM:
[You must include a "main team", but it's preferred if you include different teams that can be used to fight beginner, intermediate, or advanced trainers. Make sure to keep each separate team in hiders]

Applelin
Nickname: Cordy
Ability: Ripen
Moves: Astonish, Withdraw
Typically a small test on the foes part on how they deal with a defensive pokemon.

Gloom
Nickname: Sappy
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Acid, growth, sleep powder, mega drain
A dangerous foe that one must prioritizing avoiding the sleep powder to prevent it from utilizing growth to sweep your team!!! Watch out for that acid!

Gloom
Nickname: Drooper
Ability: Chlorophyl
moves: Toxic, Growth, sleep powder, Giga drain.
Same as Sappy, but more powerful and capacity to severely hamper a starting sweeper with toxic.

Lombre
Nickname: Tiptoe
Ability: Rain dish
Moves: Rain dance, Bubblebeam, Giga drain, teeter dance
Another annoying foe to deal with, a mixture of rain dance and rain dish give it healing, teeter dance for confusion and both attacking moves hit hard and come with nasty additions.

Ludicolo
Ability: swift swim
Moves: Bubblebeam, Energy ball, fake out, rain dance
Dis the big boy, like his little brother but hiting harder and immensely faster. Ludicolo is a shockingly fast pokemon tied with swift swim you will be hard pressed to catch it. Along with many powerful ranged attacks and a opener with fake out, you will have trouble with this pokemon!!!

Liligant
Name: Marigold
Ability: Own tempo
Moves: Petal dance, leech seed, quiver dance, Teeter dance
Out the gate a terrifying pokemon, utilizing teeter dance and leech seed to stall the fight out whilst able to increase it's own abilities with quiver dance. It's only attacking move, and only one needed is petal dance. Normally, one would find such a powerful move with a heavy drawback. But not with this pokemon, her onw tempo prevents any form of confusion! Though, she is a stand out star, she isn't very supportive to the others.

Shiftry
Nickname: Gale
Ability: Pickpocket
Moves: Sucker punch, Sunny day, leaf blade, whirlwind.
A set up pokemon's bane and one who carries weight with sunny day, typically he is either the lead or second up but no slacker on his own! Whirlwind is perfect for forceing a foe to reposition and suckerpunch ensures they take punishment. And leaf blade is powerful as well! Do not underestimate this one!

Leafeon
Nickname: Gawain
Ability: Leaf guard
Moves: Solar blade, swords dance, synthesis, Baton pass
This is a terrifying foe, coming after Shiftry, a sunny day means an IMMEDEATLY terrifying Solar blade! Not to mention the ability to heal and boost it's attack to immense levels!! And whats more, it has the ability to grqnt that increase of power to any of it's allies!

Ludicolo
Nickname: Sombrie
Ability: Raindish
Moves: Rain Dance, Skald, Ice punch, Hydro pump
You know them, you love em, speedy and decent in both attacking stats, they set up for the final half of the team, rain to douse fire and ice punch to help with flying types. And a nice skalding hot move to dish out nasty burns.

Appletun
Nickname: Pie
Ability Ripen
Moves: Dragon pulse, Energy ball, Recycle, Curse.
Held item: Sitrus berry!!!
An odd ball, this pokemon knows defence! Or rather, it can draw out battles like no one's business, it's dragon typing helps protect against some common type weaknesses and allows it to hit hard back!

But where it shines, is it's ability, and the move recycle, many trainers have lost simply due to being unable to finish off this old girl, able to poof back a berry and eat away if she needs to heal. Truely, this one requires overwhelming power to take down!

Ferrothorn
Nickname: Crushinator
Ability: Iron barbs
Moves: Gyro ball, Curse, Ingrain, Power Whip
Held item: Rocky helmet
This is Paul's pride and join, his beautiful sweetheart, his lovely destroyer of dreams. Or physically oriented pokemon. She has her weaknesses, to be certain, but when she gets going, she can crush the best of them!
RELATIONSHIPS:
[Relationships with other gym leaders; fill this out only when you're certain you're getting accepted.]

Last edited:
Hey sorry for my silence, just working away

note: i'll most likely update Ripley's beginner/intermediate teams since i watched a video on all the galar gym leader battles (mainly for raihan, but also for this rp) and the levels on the middle gym leaders compared to my intermediate team is...way off. way off from what I imagined.
so i'll just go fix it real quick, brb

beginner to hard lvl, weather squad, solar beam spam, get ready children.

I already knew that the main squad gonna be utilizing weather, gonna be required for all grass.

We're I a rock type leader i'd bring my own pocket sand(storm) anywhere.

I feel like Albert can make some interesting things happen with his Ghost types. Fighting and Normal Types can't even hit his mons unless they bring other moves, and Al's mons will have coverage for everything, including the mons that counter his.

i just rolled with the basic moveset for the bug-types i chose. nothing else. probably should've picked based on coverage but hey, it's what ripley would've done

do you think it would be possible for a pokémon to be chugging along at like 3 hp, going too fast to be shut down, making a massive comeback, and then they run into a stealth rock or spikes and die

I think hes done, god damn i'd hate to fight that advanced team.

Local man tries to show world the good in grass types.

Procedes to make a war crime out of a ferrothorn and a Appltun.

Also, prepare to seem a man nuzzle said Ferrothorn despite the... problems doing so

Also, prepare to seem a man nuzzle said Ferrothorn despite the... problems doing so

he’s developed magic powers. we in the business call this a komodohype moment.

Local man tries to show world the good in grass types.

Procedes to make a war crime out of a ferrothorn and a Appltun.
oh i absolutely love Mr. Bunyan. Ripley is unafraid of big scary people (or Pokemon) thanks to growing up with bug-types, whom I assume that naturally people would want to steer very clear from. some bug-types are indeed pretty scary-looking (ie, Vespiquen, Pinsir, Beedrill, Scizor, goddamn Buzzwole), so i don't think that the tiny "bug catcher" would be afraid of Paul that much.

Love the descriptions for each team member.
Glad you like em, figured they give a good feel on how they opperate. Most of these are either siblings or parent to child... err... Seedling...?

Uhh...

Pokemon~

Wanna know how I got this scar?

*Smushes face against ferrothorn*
*Sunset backed running ona beach to embrace a ferrothorn.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back