• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Galarian Stories | Pokemon Gym Leader RP

What of starter Pokémon? I currently have no plans for this character to have one but felt like asking, but also because Kubfu is considered starter adjacent in some circles.

What the heck? He is a legendary. Every Pokémon video I’ve watched treats him like a starter level mon. I didn’t even realize he was a legendary. Bye mini bear. Well Bewear/Stufful can potentially take his place.

Lmao yeah. I think the reason they think he's a starter is because Mustard had another. What people don't realize is that there's not really just one legendary Pokemon of each type (except for special cases like Mew, Mewtwo, and some others).

What the heck? He is a legendary. Every Pokémon video I’ve watched treats him like a starter level mon. I didn’t even realize he was a legendary. Bye mini bear. Well Bewear/Stufful can potentially take his place.
yeah, kubfu is a legendary but it’s sort of a cosmog/poipole situation! gifted ‘mon that’s weak but evolves into a strong legendary

AhHhh, its so hard to choose a team for my character when there's so many good Ghost-types. I love Ghost Pokemon so much. I'm really excited for this character because I usually play diabolical or manipulative villains, but they're actually really wholesome and kind. I've had them in mind for a while now, and their concept is really unique and interesting, which plays in with the whole ghost theme. Really excited to share them. I'll probably make my character's main partner Shiny if its allowed.

I'm glad you're enjoying the crafting progress. For me, I was thinking of making of a serious, broody type of gym leader who's kind of like a... k-pop starish person by night, haha. He sure be living the double life.

if we're talking about characters, my gym leader is very bubbly and outgoing, but by god her childhood was bad...
bug-types give her comfort and solace, so that's why they became a gym leader.

…meanwhile my character basically boils down to “idiot dumbass dj became a gym leader because ‘why not try, let’s see how far we get before getting denied’”.

My character is from a family of multi-generational Gym Leaders. She has the skills to qualify her for being a Gym Leader but there's been so much pressure from her family to be even better she tends to falter at key points(IE choke) and fail to rise higher in the ranks. That's currently my baseline. More to be added, altered, or removed as whims desire.

If we are throwing our cards onto the table — goth-type gym leader who absolutely melts at her fairy lil' babies and loves them to death. However, given her "cutesy" image of her pokemon, she wants them to battle competitively and for people to take her seriously and her chosen type, to be up there in the ranks and curate her ideals of strength.

No surprise her buddy is Impidimp

Since everyone is talking about their characters, perhaps I could reveal a bit of information about mine. My character is a researcher and scientist whose based off an English medieval plague doctor. He specializes in Ghost-type Pokemon because Ghost Pokemon have been drawn to him ever since he was a child, and he has a unique power to see Ghost-type Pokemon even when they're invisible. He's a really sweet and wholesome bean who dislikes conflict and seems a bit intimidating at first, but truly just wants to help people and puts everyone first before himself. He's a Ghost-type gym leader (Obviously) but in his spare time he's also a doctor who studies diseases to try and find a cure to them, and he has a lot of references to British culture. His backstory is a bit tragic and sad, but unlike most of my characters he didn't turn to evil because of it. Rather, it only strengthened his desire to help people, though he does struggle with a bit of internal conflict.

Last edited:
Considering how much Pokemon content I ingest on a daily basis, I feel like I'm obligated to say that I'm interested.

what is the upper player limit? as in, how many people do you think you’ll accept total

well we already have more than 10 people if my math is right, we have 12 in total

Like I said, this isn't a first come first serve roleplay. I'm not gonna accept people just because they declared interest before someone else. I'll be accepting people based on their characters and etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back