• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Galarian Stories | Pokemon Gym Leader RP

e521f3843173ce3c223dc2672f923165.png

The Galar region-- our home. As gym leaders, we were born and bred within its culture and among its people. We've strived to accomplish our goals and achieve our positions, and Arceus knows that we've had to make many, many sacrifices in order to remain gym leaders. Some of us are content as we are; farmers, breeders, scientists, musicians, or what not. But there are also members of the Galar League that have their eyes set on something much more grand: becoming the next Champion of Galar.

While our rivalries might run as fierce and vicious as raging fires, us gym leaders see each other as somewhat of a family. We might spend much of our time around one another or hearing stories or rumors about each other. Sometimes we swing by each other's houses for a friendly battle or an invitation to go out and eat or train together. We watch movies together, go on trips together, talk about the stresses of media and so forth together...

Yeah, life is pretty okay. Or it was, until our beloved Champion of Galar suddenly went up and disappeared.

No one knows where he went. He didn't let anyone know that he was leaving or where he was going. He just poofed, leaving the Chairman and us wondering about what happened. Well, he's bound to come back eventually, right?

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU DECLARE INTEREST!

THIS ROLEPLAY WILL BE CENTERED AROUND GYM LEADER OCs IN GALAR. I was inspired by the short series Twilight Wings and I figured it'd be fun to make a slice-of-lifey Gym Leader roleplay that has an air of mystery/intrigue to it. There may eventually be action, though the first part will rely on fleshing out characters, cleaning up character ties (since our characters will already know each other, obv), forging new relations (or romances ;)) and showing off your characters' cool Pokemon!

THIS IS NOT A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE ROLEPLAY! Just because you declared interest before someone else does NOT mean that you are guaranteed a spot in the roleplay. I am looking for eight or so roleplayers that are not only dedicated to the roleplay and literate (maintaining proper grammar, posting 2-3 paragraphs per post, posting on a weekly basis, etc) but also active in the OOC (Discord) and willing to make a detailed, interesting, and cool character or two that will be a pleasure to roleplay with. No one wants to roleplay with an overly edgy character or a character that's super heckin' obnoxious (if you know what I mean). Characters should also be of age (for the love of god, no lolis or overly cutesy characters).

RESPECT ONE ANOTHER.

THERE WILL POSSIBLY BE SLOTS OTHER THAN THE EIGHT MAJOR GYM LEADERS. Depending on what people think, these will be the minor gym leaders.

CURRENT TYPES TAKEN: Dragon, Poison, Bug, Fighting, Fairy, Ghost, Normal, Electric

Last edited:
Hello! I had some questions regarding the Roleplay. Since our characters would be Gym Leaders, how many Pokemon would our characters be allowed to start with, and will we be using Fakemon or the National Poke Dex? In terms of action and such, will this Roleplay take a more realistic approach (With wild Pokemon eating other wild Pokemon, humans being able to die from Pokemon attacks, etc.) or will it be based off Anime rules? I would be interested in having a Ghost-type Gym Leader if possible.

Good day! I humbly declare my interest in this story. Pending on other folk’s choices, I’ll be plenty happy to play either a ghost leader or ice. Also, knowing what Pokémon we’re permitted (globaldex, Galarian, etc) would be beneficial.

Pokemon good. Me play Pokemon.

I like how Galar fleshed out the gyms with a major and minor league. I don't have a specific type in mind right now, though.

I really love the idea of this! Twilight Wings series is adorable and filled with so much character/impact/emotions, seeing an RP series inspired by that?

Sign me up for that train. Bea's short in particular did make me cry,:closedeyescryingfrown:

Fairy type Gym is probably where my interests centred, rn, but cannot forget Grass! <3

I wish there was a dark type gym in Galar
There is, but even if there wasn't you'd be able to make one. That being said please make sure this rp is a good fit for you and if you'll be able to meet expectations.

Hello! I had some questions regarding the Roleplay. Since our characters would be Gym Leaders, how many Pokemon would our characters be allowed to start with, and will we be using Fakemon or the National Poke Dex? In terms of action and such, will this Roleplay take a more realistic approach (With wild Pokemon eating other wild Pokemon, humans being able to die from Pokemon attacks, etc.) or will it be based off Anime rules? I would be interested in having a Ghost-type Gym Leader if possible.

Since our characters are gym leaders, you'd be able to start off with a main team of six pokemon. We'll be using the global dex and rely on realistic rules.

Good day! I humbly declare my interest in this story. Pending on other folk’s choices, I’ll be plenty happy to play either a ghost leader or ice. Also, knowing what Pokémon we’re permitted (globaldex, Galarian, etc) would be beneficial.

We'll be having a global dex!

There is, but even if there wasn't you'd be able to make one. That being said please make sure this rp is a good fit for you and if you'll be able to meet expectations.

Since our characters are gym leaders, you'd be able to start off with a main team of six pokemon. We'll be using the global dex and rely on realistic rules.

We'll be having a global dex!
Ah, brilliant! I love me a good realistic Pokemon Roleplay. I've been working on a huge Pokemon campaign myself, but since it will probably be a few months before I refine all the details and actually get it up and running, I was looking for another Roleplay to curb my writing urges in the meantime. I actually have a really good character already fleshed out, but he's primarily a Ghost-type user. Would it be okay if I snatched Ghost from you DamnTheStyx DamnTheStyx ?

Last edited:
Oh, and don't fret about my Newbie status. I've been writing and using RPNation for a long time. I just decided to make a new account so I could have a fresh start and move on from the past.

Blep. I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. But guarding this gym is my real test, to guide trainers is my cause.

‘Ello. This sounds fun. If I do attempt to join I will likely make a fighting type gym as that’s my fav type.

I'd be interested in a water or psychic type gym leader! Either a chill, laidback pokemon rescuer or a scholarly martial artist~

very interested, i love pokemon rps and gym leaders are rarely the focus so this is a nice change of pace! i’d be interested in nabbing either poison or psychic if i could

Oh, a couple of more questions! Do things such as levels, stats, and move caps exist in this Roleplay? I assume no for levels since we're going based off Anime and realistic terms, but I just wanted to make sure. What about things such as Mega Evolutions and Dynamaxing?

We aren't using levels or stats in the roleplay, though move caps won't exist either (unless the leaders are partaking in league battles, which then the move set will be capped at 4)

Dynamaxing will be allowed in league matches, but not Mega Evolutions.

I was more or less talking about how a few gyms used double battles instead of singles. Can’t remember if any other type has ever been used.

I think they stopped doing that in Gen 3. As for this rp there won't be doubles due to the fact it'd be way too hectic with dynamax/gigantimax.

In normal battles outside of the league, you'll be able to. That is, if people are up for it.

I think they're talking about the dragon gym of the Galar region. They did double battles as the mission and gym leader battle 🤔

I just beat that gym the other day so that's why I remembered lol. On my way to the championship soon ^_^

I'm very excited to see what kind of leaders people make. The gym leaders are always such outlandish characters, so I feel like this rp idea is a really good one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back