• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Galarian Stories | Pokemon Gym Leader RP

i’m interested in joining as either a fairy or an electric type gym leader.

hey, figured I would jump into an rp that had my interests in mind, so count me in! i'm pretty active when it comes to writing, and I'm naturally inclined towards literate rps-i'll be the poison-type gym leader, if I may (mainly because of one of my favorite pokemon, Scolipede)

Yeah, Raihan was a double battle. He was the hardest of the gym battles not really because he was the last but because it was double and most don't prepare for that blind.

Since it seems like a lot of people are interested in the same types, how will we be determining who gets what?

The first step is having people talk it out, i.e seeing if the people who are interested in the same type reach some sort of compromise. That's the easier method, and honestly, the better. There's so many other cool Pokemon types out there! If that doesn't work, well, I guess I'm going to have to be the one to hand out the type to someone, and I don't want to come off as playing faves.

i’ll say my idea since i had asked for poison or psychic, and turns out i built up my poison gym leader more. i do want to use this but i’m willing to listen to others and see what we want to do from there!

my idea was a former team rocket member (probably a grunt or something just a tad higher than that) who left when Giovanni disbanded the organization. he became a bit lost after that fact and traveled around with his Nidorina and Golbat, using battles as a way to get stronger and maybe take his anger out? but with time he actually grew to like pokemon battling and changed his perspective on how he treats people and pokemon. he grew attached to poison types since he still looks back on his rocket days somewhat fondly, and built his team around them. fast forward some time and maybe he runs a bar, that used to double as a minor gym (only in the day, since kids take on the gym challenge too…), filled with souvenirs from his travels but mainly kanto decor and hints of his team rocket past. not sure if he’d be a minor or major gym leader, or if i’ll even be able to use him, but i wanted to get it out of my system and see what others think/discuss with anyone else who may want the poison type!

Do you think we have enough people?

Like I said, this isn't a first come first serve roleplay, so not everyone who applies will be accepted! Twenty people may say they're interested and apply, but I'll only be accepting roughly half of them. Don't worry about this roleplay being very very large ;)

i’ll say my idea since i had asked for poison or psychic, and turns out i built up my poison gym leader more. i do want to use this but i’m willing to listen to others and see what we want to do from there!

my idea was a former team rocket member (probably a grunt or something just a tad higher than that) who left when Giovanni disbanded the organization. he became a bit lost after that fact and traveled around with his Nidorina and Golbat, using battles as a way to get stronger and maybe take his anger out? but with time he actually grew to like pokemon battling and changed his perspective on how he treats people and pokemon. he grew attached to poison types since he still looks back on his rocket days somewhat fondly, and built his team around them. fast forward some time and maybe he runs a bar, that used to double as a minor gym (only in the day, since kids take on the gym challenge too…), filled with souvenirs from his travels but mainly kanto decor and hints of his team rocket past. not sure if he’d be a minor or major gym leader, or if i’ll even be able to use him, but i wanted to get it out of my system and see what others think/discuss with anyone else who may want the poison type!

Honestly love this idea!

If you do go with that idea, and I do go Fighting, my charie would struggle against you depending on secondary typings and such.

Same with whoever said Fairy and psychic. Now bug as well.

oh crap, i didn't realize someone already chose poison type. i'm willing to switch to bug-type if nobody chose it yet! (it'll still have some of my favorite pokemon anyways, so!)

Last edited:
If possible I would really prefer Ghost-type, as my character's theme is based around that. I don't really want to spoil much of them for now, but I don't think any other typing would really be fitting for them. It'd be like giving a florist Fire-type Pokemon, if that makes any sense.

someone else already said they’d like fairy, so i’ll take electric.

If possible I would really prefer Ghost-type, as my character's theme is based around that. I don't really want to spoil much of them for now, but I don't think any other typing would really be fitting for them. It'd be like giving a florist Fire-type Pokemon, if that makes any sense.

A fire type leader being a florist sounds kind of funny tho-

No worries, I think you're good for ghost. As with cynical and fairy and azen with electric.

oh crap, i didn't realize someone already chose poison type. i'm willing to switch to bug-type if nobody chose it yet! (it'll still have some of my favorite pokemon anyways, so!)
you’re all good, there’s been a bunch of people interested so there’s bound to be overlaps in requested types! bugs are another fav type of mine and i’m glad you still get to use scolipede, best bug horse

you’re all good, there’s been a bunch of people interested so there’s bound to be overlaps in requested types! bugs are another fav type of mine and i’m glad you still get to use scolipede, best bug horse
scolipede is best bug horse, yes, but I also had a backup pokemon in case poison type didn't work out: my galvantula from pokemon white 2 with compoundeyes ability, expert belt item, and thunder (boosted with plenty of pp ups) to make it a killing machine. it was...surprisingly effective in the elite four/champion fight.
of course, i'll tone the pokemon down for this rp, but i'm particularly proud of this pokemon cheese for white 2

the concerningly fast boy. it is 8 feet tall and faster than tornadus or thundurus.

Would this charie pass as a 22-year-old?
74c.png

Once a Discord has been created I'll share more information about my character there. I just don't really want to publicly spoil my character as I like to keep an air of mystery about things. I'm assuming no one will be allowed to have Legendaries. What about Shiny Pokemon?

Yeah legends are a nogo. Psuedos are the limit. As for shinies, I'll let people make em as long as I deem their character good.

In other news, if I were to make a second character it'd probably be a dark type minor gym leader. I dunno. My Dragon character might be a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back