• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Frontier] Welcome to The Rubble!

~'Nox'~

1706510803307.jpeg

Marcus's revelation about the typical behavior of vampires in his homeland prompted Nox to offer a rare glimpse into her own nature. She turned her attention to him, her crimson eyes meeting his azure gaze with a quiet intensity. "In my case, it's a rarity. Most vampires in the guild's records are nothing more than monstrous entities cloaked in a human facade. They're cursed beings with a primal urge to feed on blood, and their existence is a twisted, monstrous version of what once was human. Vampirism, for them, is a curse that warps and twists their souls."

She paused for a moment, reflecting on her own unique circumstances. "For me, it's different. Vampirism, in my case, manifested not as a curse but as a blessing. It granted me holy powers, a connection to the divine. Yet, like those cursed counterparts, I still yearn for blood. However, there's a specific distinction. My feral instincts are triggered not by any blood but by the essence of monsters. When faced with their blood, I enter a state of primal urgency."

Nox's gaze softened slightly as she delved into the complexities of her existence. "The guild's records on my kind are sparse, but what I've uncovered suggests that my race is an ancient and rare natural predator of monsters. Hunters and experts in the extermination of those creatures. It's a peculiar balance, this dual nature within me—a creature of both darkness and light, existing in harmony and conflict. Nonetheless, I am Human, and the guild can back my claim." She returned her focus to the group. "But, if I were you, I'd take no chances. If you suspect someone to be a vampire, strike them down without hesitation because more likely than not they're a monster in sheep's clothing."

Nox's keen eyes then caught Garrick scavenging a weapon from one of the fallen hobgoblins. Her voice, calm yet firm, cut through the air as she addressed the reptilian adventurer. "Garrick, as an outsider, you have no stake in claiming the loot of our adventuring party, especially if you took no part in the combat. We share the risks and the rewards collectively. It's not a practice here to pick the spoils without contributing to the battle."

With that reminder delivered, Nox sheathed her blade, the resonating sound echoing through the chamber. When they reached the next chamber her attention shifted to the intricate image on the wall, and she approached it with a thoughtful gaze. The paintings seemed to reveal more about the goblins than initially anticipated. She traced the lines with her fingers, analyzing the details.

As her crimson eyes moved across the artwork, Nox felt a subtle shift in the air. The information hidden in these depictions hinted at a complexity that transcended a simple monster extermination quest. She turned to face the group, her voice carrying a weight of caution. "This request is not as low-ranked as originally proposed by the guild. The presence of hobgoblins and the seemingly organized efforts of the goblins suggest a more significant threat. If we are to proceed we should do so with heightened awareness and be prepared for the unexpected.".

Turning back to face the leader of the novice group Nox continued "There are many a totem on display here. That combined with this image suggests one of three things. Either a Shaman, a Goblin Chieftain, or both are involved in this ordeal. Perhaps it would be best to retreat for now. You have questions for the villagers do you not? This request need not be finished in but one day."

Moving a hand to her hilt, Nox returned her attention to the picture, her aura spilling out as she did so. "Only fools rush into situations ill-prepared. The call is of course up to you all though."

Actions: 2/3​
  • Penumbra - E - [Aura][Indirect] [Multidimensional] [Penetrating E], [Intimidation F], [Selective], [Area E], [Blind Fighter], [Blind Ranged Fighting], [Blight Holy Ice Damage E], [Incapacitating: Paralysis E] [Hot Shot] [Sixth Sense - Weakpoint Vision] [Enegised E]- Channeling her blessing Nox produces an aura that's spread over a wide area that intimidates and deals damage to those who enter or are within its range possibly paralyzing them with sheer fear and dread and dealing massive damage to monsters that are weak to ice or holy damage. 1 Turn Cooldown/2 actions.
    Effectivness= [Moonblade Sword] B + Strength A + [Penumbra] E = 13 Base Effectivness = 13 Base Effectivness + 2 Damage from Blight. 2 True damage from Aura. Penetration E + Hotshot + Incapacitating. Selective: Sparing the Player Party
saxon saxon Valkan Valkan Spamcelot Spamcelot Maxxob Maxxob Scoobie Scoobie

Marcus listened attentively as Nox explained about her particular situation in comparison with how vampires usually were. The human appeared to be in silent contemplation for a few moments, before speaking up. “I see, you are an exception to the rule because of your particular species, while other vampires are, to put it simply, identical to what could be found back home. I am grateful for the information you have shared.” The magus gave her a quick nod. When she mentioned that her nature could be confirmed by the guild, the man chose to keep his thoughts to himself as discretion was the best part of valor. It was clear that, if she had ill will towards the group, there had already been ample chance to attack them. Furthermore, albeit not having raw data, it looked like the only one that could have contented with her, if things had turned sour, would have been Kōmori.

The human struggled to keep a straight face when Garrick was admonished a second time, first by the oni, now by the vampire. It reminded him of the times where new magi were admonished by senior members of the Clock Tower, be the reason worthy of it or not. Pulling back from the papers on the ground, thinking about what he might or not have uncovered by reading them, Marcus began. “I would like to believe our friend here isn’t thinking of scurrying away with that new, or better said old, axe. A momentary loan would make sense, if only to see what he can do with it. Is that agreeable?” He asked, looking at Garrick, before turning towards the party and looking at Nox, Aureus and Kōmori in turn. While his action could be taken as friendly, even more with his now relaxed expression, was nothing more than his pragmatic mind at work again. Having not noticed any visible weapons on the lizardfolk previously, the axe could prove more useful on his hands, rather than on the previously decimated hogoblin.

After that, the human pondered about Nox’s words about the quest, which resounded Kōmori’s earlier observation that something wasn’t quite right with how the request was initially presented as. Crossing his arms, the magus observed with palpable curiosity and interest as the vampire’s aura started to permeate the area they were currently in. “Well, taking in consideration that the request can wait a bit longer, I see the value in talking with the villagers now rather than later.” Marcus gave his opinion about the next course of action, taking in consideration all the discrepancies which the group found thus far. His gaze shifted towards Garrick, more specifically on the weapon he was holding. “You might want to keep that axe ready. It may end up being ‘baptized’ in the village…” Those words escaped his lips in a tone no louder than a whisper, followed by narrowed eyes and the subtle widening of his smile.

Last edited:

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Title(s): Fae, Ronin, Oni, mundane, Ryken Adventurer F

Mentions: Spamcelot Spamcelot Maxxob Maxxob Valkan Valkan Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie
Notes: Combat has ended! While not in combat skills that do not deal damage have no cooldown. Ask questions; questions are encouraged. Spamcelot: 2 Skips Valkan: 1 Skip

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori rolled her eyes and looked back over her shoulder at Garrick's comment. "Don't expect every party to be able to handle everything so quickly, you can only trust those you don't know so much. Carefreeness in a dungeon or on a quest can lead to other issues," She pointed out and left it with that as he saw him start to look for something to use. When he pulled the axe off the hobgoblin it didn't matter much or at all to her. He didn't even really look equipped to be attempting to treasure hunt, nor could she guarantee his safety either if there was a big fight going on. "Well we first need to find out what the villagers were hiding, the goblins were mentioned, though their numbers might have grown since they first got here. But that means there is something drawing them here or something that peeked their interest," She pointed out.

As Nox brought up the request being more difficult, Kōmori simply nodded in response as the smell of goblin was now clearly able to be smelled by those with heightened sense smell. Which probably meant that they were far enough away from the bodies that the goblins wouldn't be able to hide their scent now. However, that also meant that the mine was much deeper than they had originally thought as well. However, there was still the question of what the villagers were hiding down here that they didn't want to be seen.

As the two squinted at the pieces of paper on the ground, they could make out they were pieces of a journal. However, it took a few moments before they could piece together a few lines from the paper that was there. The pieces they could read stated: We cleared out the goblins this far down, though we had to quickly retreat. There is some kind of ring at the bottom of the mine, it seems to draw the goblins every now and then.

Though the papers had been there for quite a while so it was impossible to tell when it was written or what happened to the author. Though the fact that it was left there could mean they got out in a hurry or quickly met their end there. "They are more organized than we first thought, however the more time that goes by the larger in number they could be growing. On top of that, if we backtrack, we will have to reclear all the areas that were previously cleared tomorrow. Which there might be defenses up; I doubt those hobgoblins will be missed for very long," Kōmori pointed out, though, in all honesty, she didn't really care if they went back or not.

But with the stench of goblins, there was less of a chance for an ambush to be sprung, and it was up for the two reading the papers to decide if they wanted to share what they had found with the party or not.

With the contents of the piece of paper in his mind, Marcus fell into silent contemplation, his eyes becoming unfocused. On one hand, the group could choose to continue into the unknown, without much information of exactly who or what they might find waiting to battle them, while not giving the goblins a chance to reinforce their ranks and prepare their defenses. Remembering the earlier shriek from the hogoblins and another one that came from deeper within the mine, it stood in reason for the magus that the creatures were well aware that a group had ventured into the mine. On the other hand, the group could go back and possibly learn valuable insight going back into the village and questioning the villagers who were so adamant of the group avoiding going into the depths of the mine. Marcus’s guarded nature steered him to think towards foul play, rather than ignorance from the villagers.

Turning towards the papers on the ground once again, the human’s gloved hand reached out, grabbing them with care as to not damage the parchment. “These papers here relate a first-hand account of a group that probably came into this mine with the same objective as us. A certain ring is mentioned to be drawing the goblins towards it in sporadic intervals. However, it isn’t quite clear if this ring is a piece of jewelry, a drawn glyph or something else entirely. Is this request from this village new, Kōmori? Or were there previous attempts in completing such a task?” And, just as Marcus had changed to a more relaxed expression previous, his stoic nature returns once more. With due diligence, the man pocketed the papers carefully into the inner pocket of his blue navy coat.

With a palpable detachment in his voice, the magus continued. “I suppose the villagers could have omitted information on purpose, creating a lower-ranking request in the hope that the adventurers embarked on it would also be low rank and green. Be it for lower cost or some nefarious reason.” Shrugging indifferently, his azure orbs focused on the path ahead once more. With newfound knowledge of what the goblins may do if the group were to backtrack towards the village seeking explanations, provided by the oni, practicality wrestled with caution in Marcus’s mind. Being inflexible was not one of the human’s qualities or defects, depending on who is analyzing it. “Nevermind my earlier statement, maybe it would be more advantageous to press on the advantage into the unknown. And after all is done, hopefully, I have an idea on how to talk with the village elder.” For now, his machinations would be kept safely in his mind.

~'Nox'~

1707058929380-jpeg.1142306

Nox's senses heightened as the unmistakable stench of goblins permeated the air. Her eyes reflected an intense focus, the primal instinct awakening within her once again. The scent triggered something deep within her vampire nature, an uncontrollable urge that threatened to push her beyond reason. Her fingers tightened around the hilt of her sword. The familiar taste of anticipation mingled with the primal thirst for blood, specifically that of monsters. The scent of the goblins had triggered a surge of adrenaline, amplifying her predatory instincts.

Nox's breathing quickened, her fangs unconsciously exposed. The transformation was subtle, a silent tempest brewing within her, a silent warning to those around her that her brutal display from before was but the beginning. Her gaze shifted to the path ahead, a predatory glint in her crimson eyes. The calm and composed vampire who had just previously cautioned against running head first into combat now exuded raw, feral energy hypocritical of her own advice.

She took a step forward, the tension in the air escalating as her senses locked onto the goblins. The berserker within her, fueled by instinct and thirst, threatened to break free. Nox's lips curled into a predatory snarl as her mind waged a silent battle against the primal force within. The challenge lay ahead, and whether she could maintain control remained uncertain in the face of the goblin horde. "So, shall we proceed then?".

It mattered not what the others decided, regardless of their votes Nox had already begun down the path and she would continue down it whether they followed or not. Her Aura persisted ready to handle any attempted surprise attacks.

Actions: 2/3​
  • Penumbra - E - [Aura][Indirect] [Multidimensional] [Penetrating E], [Intimidation F], [Selective], [Area E], [Blind Fighter], [Blind Ranged Fighting], [Blight Holy Ice Damage E], [Incapacitating: Paralysis E] [Hot Shot] [Sixth Sense - Weakpoint Vision] [Enegised E]- Channeling her blessing Nox produces an aura that's spread over a wide area that intimidates and deals damage to those who enter or are within its range possibly paralyzing them with sheer fear and dread and dealing massive damage to monsters that are weak to ice or holy damage. 1 Turn Cooldown/2 actions.
    Effectivness= [Moonblade Sword] B + Strength A + [Penumbra] E = 13 Base Effectivness = 13 Base Effectivness + 2 Damage from Blight. 2 True damage from Aura. Penetration E + Hotshot + Incapacitating. Selective: Sparing the Player Party
saxon saxon Valkan Valkan Spamcelot Spamcelot Maxxob Maxxob Scoobie Scoobie

Attachments

• 1707058929380.jpeg
    1707058929380.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 45
5I4YFWC.jpg

Garrick | Beastkin

Garrick reveled in the unfolding cave diving adventure and treasure hunt, the camaraderie among their group taking on a quirky familial dynamic. In his perception, two stern older sisters, a reliable brother, and a quintessential quiet sibling made up their peculiar makeshift family. He grinned at the notion, enjoying the contrast of strictness and camaraderie that seemed to define their interactions, at least as he saw it.

Unperturbed by the stern words of both Nox and omori, Garrick acknowledged them with a nonchalant nod, a grin, and an affirming thumbs up, as if to say, "We're all on the same page here." When not directly addressed, he defaulted to a lackadaisical demeanor, as if the serious discussions around him were mere background noise.

While the group deliberated their next move, Garrick found himself engrossed in the contents of a paper, squinting in the dim lighting, his slow reading pace evident. He didn't mind that Marcus beat him to reading aloud; it was more of a him thing than a Garrick thing, after all.

Despite the frequent warnings and the serious nature of their predicament, Garrick couldn't help but feel an exhilarating excitement. The idea of death lingered, but his confidence in the group's ability to thwart any threat overshadowed his concerns. To him, their combined strength was assurance enough.

As Marcus suggested continuing their advance, Garrick, not one to shy away from action, brandished his newfound axe, his agreement spoken through the determined glint in his eyes. "Sounds like a plan," he remarked, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, his nonchalant demeanor masking an underlying readiness for the next chapter of their underground adventure.

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Maxxob Maxxob Valkan Valkan Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie
Notes: Combat has begun once again! Spamcelot: 3 Skips Valkan: 2 Skip

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori walked over to Marcus as he read the text aloud, bringing a hand to her chin. There was a lot more going on than what the guild told them or more likely what the villagers had left out. Though she wasn't about to go back without finishing what they had started. But the whole matter of the ring was strange, at least it would seem that someone had made if further than they had so far. But to what end, not to mention the paper was to far damaged to really read any more than that. "When the quest was accepted the guild didn't say any parties had come before us, though based on the look of the paper its safe to assume it has been here for a while. Much longer than the posting of the quest, though something is off here. More than likely the villagers know more than they are letting on. So I suppose we can only push forward," She explained with a simple shrug of her shoulders.

Garrick seemingly offered very little insight on the matter other than the fact that he was going to follow the group further into the mine. Then there was the moon blessed vampire, when Kōmori looked over and saw the change in Nox's demeanor, no doubt the smell of goblins had gotten to her, though even Kōmori couldn't help but start to feel excitement as it seemed like they were now starting to make some progress on killing the goblins. Then she was off, heading further down the path.

As the group pushed further down, there were more totems and a few more paintings along the way; one depicted a rather large-looking creature. However, there was no real clue as to what the creature was other than the fact that it was painted much larger than the other creatures. So, needless to say, it had to be a rather large creature. The group eventually arrived in a rather large chamber, however, unlike the others they had come across. The doorway was made of steel and so was the inside of the chamber. Signs on the doorway indicated that magic had been used to open the door, as there were scorch marks.

Those who were isolated would notice that the material and some of the designs in the room were modern. As if someone had built a whole bunker out of steel in the mine. Kōmori whistled as she looked up as there was even some form of lights that kept the place well lit. On the wall there was writing with an arrow that pointed to the large door at the end of the room that said: Decontamination. "Well I didn't expect to run into this, thought the smell of goblin in strong here looks like we are finally reaching the main part," Kōmori stated as she looked around for a moment.

From where the group was to the door was 40 ft, as there was a hissing sound that came from the door that led further into the bunker. As it opened, some mist came out of the room, blocking the visibility as a large Goblin Champion who was 14ft tall walked out, followed by two normal goblins who started to cower in fear as soon as they entered the room, thanks to Nox's aura. However, those two goblins were quickly dispatched by the large Goblin Champion as it let out a shout that echoed throughout the chamber. Looks like the party was going to need to fight to be able to push further into the mines once again.

Spamcelot Spamcelot saxon saxon Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie Valkan Valkan

The oni’s insights on the human’s thoughts presented quite a bit that could be possible. While the truth was not going to make itself known by simple rationalization, the caster thought it was prudent to keep it in the back of his mind. And, with apparent unanimous choice to continue towards the unknown, from Kōmori, Garrick, Nox and himself, each of them showing different degrees of excitement, in their own manner, Marcus joined truly, his expression shifting once more and becoming more relaxed. Narrowing of eyes and a knowing smile following the change, as the prospect of testing his mettle, opportunity that was robbed when he ended up on that world, enticed him to no end.

As the group ventured deeper into the bowels of the mine, Marcus’s attention shifted towards the new totems which decorated the place further, as well as paintings. Their artistic value, if there was any, was lost in the mind of the magus, who wasn’t particularly creative. One painting in particular, detailing a bigger goblin, compared to the others, drew him towards it. Stopping a few steps from it, his eyes focused on it. Was it simply an error in perspective from whatever creature had drawn it or there was a colossal creature, as depicted, waiting from the group? Regardless, he was ready to put what he had learned into practice.

Arriving into a new chamber, this one constructed with more modern methods, the magus approached one of the walls, distancing himself from the group. His gloved right hand touched the steel-made wall, running along it slightly. For a split second, there was something akin to a whisper in the back of his mind, something forgotten which was unable to come to the forefront of his mind. Pushing whatever the distant memory was aside, for now, Marcus’s gloved hand retreated from the wall. With the oni’s statement of the goblin scent being stronger at that point, the magus once more activated his magic circuits, letting his mana flow freely within his body, almost like blood pumping through veins and arteries.

Shifting his gaze back at the group, his attention was then called towards the massive door, which was distant from them. When it opened, Marcus’s smile widened a few notches, seeing the massive creature that emerged from it, along with two goblins in tow, which were deeply affected by the vampire’s aura. There was a slight feeling of schadenfreude as the Goblin Champion exterminated its two smaller kin. A battle in earnest would begin now.

Quick thinking, the magus moved towards the Goblin Champion, while keeping distance from the group, as he couldn’t risk the group being caught in the dark magecraft he was about to unleash. Positioning both of his hands forward, the foul energy quickly began to gather in front of him, as an ethereal wind fluttered his coat violently. Marcus’s mind was focused, his eyes locked into the colossal Goblin, as he made manifest one of the specialties of a decaying and corrupted magi family. As the energy took the form of a long, 15ft horizontal wave in front of him, he finally released it, following the spell name. “Zaqqum!” The vicious, violent wave slided with its fury towards the Goblin Champion, breaking and cracking the steel floor of the chamber as it was eager to consume everything in its path.

Still not done, his magic circuits which were already active had yet another task. Shifting towards the other side of the coin, like yin-yang, his index right finger pointed at the massive creature, his hand, once more, forming a finger gun. With his mana being concentrated at the tip of his index finger, the bright projectile began to take shape and form. And, this time, all its strength is concentrated in a single bullet. “Finn Shot!” As the human mutters the words, the energy is released with purpose and deadly elegance, mimicking the more refined lineage that partook in its creation. The bullet zoomed towards its target, leaving a faint trail of light behind it.

Actions:
1 - Moved 15ft away from the group and towards the Goblin Champion
2 - Zaqqum - Magic E, Range F, Affinity Darkness F, AoE F - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
3 - Finn Shot - Magic E, Range F, Affinity Light F, Targets F - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

~'Nox'~
1707470895212.jpeg

The scent of goblins had unraveled something primal within Nox, and as the large Goblin Champion emerged from the mist-filled chamber, the vampire's rage ignited. Her feral instincts overpowered reason, and her gaze fixated on the towering figure before her.

In the blink of an eye, Nox lunged at the Goblin Champion, her movements fueled by a berserker fury. Her sword, bathed in holy frost, gleamed in the artificial light of the bunker. The air resonated with the deadly beauty of her silent tempest, a dance of unbridled power and primal rage.

The first strike was swift, a piercing lunge aimed at the Goblin Champion's heart. Nox's movements were a blur, a deadly elegance that belied the sheer ferocity behind each swing. The holy frost that adorned her blade left an ethereal trail as it cut through the air.

But Nox wasn't done; her relentless assault continued. With a fluid motion, she spun, bringing her sword around in a wide arc. The blade sang through the air, seeking the vulnerable points in the Goblin Champion's armor. Her attacks were a symphony of violence, a manifestation of her untamed rage.

The mist-filled chamber echoed with the clash of steel and the savage cries of battle. Nox's eyes blazed with a feral intensity, her vampiric nature pushed to the forefront by the scent of goblins. The Goblin Champion, towering as it was, faced a silent tempest that showed no signs of relenting. The dance of death had begun, and Nox was its relentless conductor.

Actions: 3/3

• Movement - Moves to Attack Goblin Champion​
  • [Piercing Moonlight] - E - [Sixth Sense - Weakspot Vision] [Accurate], [Vorpal] [Penetrating] [Blight = Holy Ice] [Hot Shot] [Range]- Raising her blade for a single blinding thrust, Nox commits to an attack on her target with the sole intention of Piercing their very being. 1 Post cooldown/1 Action
  • [Eclipse] - F - [Area 15ft], [Blight = Bleed] [Incurable] [Continuing = Bleed] [Penetrating] [Hot Shot] [Selective] [Sixth Sense - Weakspot Vision] - Swinging her blade in a crescent arc Nox cuts opponents within a 15ft area in front of her dealing sudden as well as continuous bleed damage into the next turn. Wounds caused by the slash are incurable by normal means. 1 Post cooldown/1 Action

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Maxxob Maxxob Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie
Notes: Combat has begun once again! Spamcelot: 3 skips Valkan: 3 skip, Scoobie: 1 skip. Unless you have Energized F the only skills that can be used 3 times in a around are F grade abilities. Even with Energized E you can still only use an E grade ability once. Keep in mind that if you use and E grade ability all other E grade abilities go on cooldown.

Actions/Abilities:

• Dark Continent Style Mitsubashi - Weapon Mastery Nodachi F, Accurate F, Blight F (Corruption), Penetrating F, Incurable F Energized F - Kōmori plunges her Nodachi into her targets armor attempting to drive her sword through it. Target's speed is reduced by 1 grade effectiveness and penatrates F grade items- F Grade - 0 Post cooldown

1. Moved 30 ft to meet the champion
2. Used Dark Continent style Mitsubashi
3. Used Dark Continent Style Mitsubashi

Champion's Action
1 Moves 10 ft
2/3 Swings at Nox

The first to go into action was Marcus as he rushed past the group before starting his attack. The wave traveled toward the target, the ground was eaten away reveling that there was another level below this one, though jumping down the hole wasn't recommended as there was a bit of a drop. The champion let out a shout of pain as the dark energy slammed into the creature, and several cuts were made on the goblin's legs. Though he still seemed not to be bothered by much. When Marcus attempted to use his next spell as he said the name, he would feel sick to his stomach as if he had overexerted himself. Forcing him to go down to a single knee.

The champion started to move forward as it let out a roar, only getting 10 ft before Nox intercepted the creature. The first strike aimed toward the creature's heart broke through the armor around his heart; however, he didn't perceive completely through the flesh. However, the goblin let out a shout of pain and annoyance as the place had indeed cut into his flesh, just barely missing the heart. The deep cut started to bleed profusely, turning the ground red, some of which ended up in Nox's hair. Nox moved efficiently around the champion as she delivered another strike, ripping apart the armor of the goblin, once again cutting past the armor and into the goblin's flesh.

In retaliation, the champion flung his arms around, hitting Nox and knocking her back 5 feet from the champion. However, everyone could tell that the goblin's movements were far more sluggish now, and he was still losing blood rather quickly. So, at the moment, it was really only a matter of time before he would just pass out or die from bleeding out. Kōmori's turn had finally come as she moved forward 30 ft. Grinning form ear to ear she bathed her blade in corruption and lunged forward, driving the blade into the goblin's stomach, piercing through, causing the bleeding to go faster as there was now another whole for the blood to leave the body using Dark Continent Style Mitsubashi. She quickly drew back her blade as he herself now had some blood on her. Bathing her blade once again, she used Mitsubishi again. This time, she drove the nodachi through the goblin's knee cap, which let out another shout of pain.

Aureus

Aureus stepped back as the hobgoblins were made quick work of by the combined effort of the group, but he reckoned the most decisive factor were both Komori and Nox. Their strength clearly being in a different league to the males in the party. Nevertheless, with the hobgoblin threat taken care of, the path was clear for them to move onward. That said, the group had some discourse as to what to do next. As apparently they were being tasked for something above their initial paygrade. And while he had been doing a good job ignoring it thus far, the smell of rotting corpses was starting to get to Aureus. So to avoid embarrassing himself, he remained quiet to keep the nausea at bay.

Eventually, the group got to a strange metal door, after seeing more and more goblin decorations -And thankfully, less corpses- Alas, ahead of this awaited yet another enemy. Aureus would have said enemies, but Nox weakened some of them, and the big fish finished them off itself for some reason. Aureus needed a moment to shake off the nausea before jumping into action himself. But he pushed through and after shaking his head he strutted forward with determination, as Komori and Nox made him feel safe. Komori more so than Nox, as the latter's aura was a tad creepy. Regardless, once he was in range, Aureus aimed his left palm up to the monster's face, more so its eyes. "Eat this" he said with a serene confidence as a beam of burning white light darted from his hand and towards where his hand aimed.

Having fired his spell, he stepped back to gather his mana should he need to fire again.

Abilities:
- Moonlit Beam - Magic E, Magic Domain: Moonlight Weaver F (Magic AoE, Magic Range, Blight (Burn)), Energized E - User fires a searing beam of light from his hands, 5 ft in diameter and able to reach 30 ft - Grade E

Actions:
1- Move 20 ft.
2- Cast [Moonlit Beam]
3- Move 10 ft.

CDs:
E - 0/0

Last edited:
saxon saxon Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie Valkan Valkan

Without even noticing, Marcus ended up overexerting his magic circuits when he tried casting his second magecraft, causing a sharp pain in his stomach, which quickly caused him to taste his gastric juice in the back of his throat. With beads of sweat forming on his forehead and widened eyes, the magus was forced onto his knee. The human’s gloved hand moved to his mouth, while he fought back the urge to vomit. Still, even in such a precarious situation, the man was able to observe the attacks from his comrades against the Goblin Champion.

With mind over matter, the magus had managed to calm the urge down, getting a better grasp of how extensive his limitations were after coming to this world. Thankfully, for all that had happened, it seemed his magic circuits were undamaged, albeit strained. Getting up from his kneeling position, grimacing, his mind raced with what should be his next step, looking at the bleeding creature and the chasm which his spell Zaqqum had opened on the metallic floor.

Being mindful of his steps, he pushed himself into action once more, approaching the colossal creature. Getting into range, he raised his right hand once more, his index finger pointing towards the Goblin Champion’s shoulder. His ring was alight with a crimson color, aiming at its neck. “Gandr!” His mana was made manifest into a projectile akin to a bullet, shooting from his fingertip, towards the creature.

Actions:
1 - Recovered from the miss-casting
2 - Moved 10ft towards Goblin Champion
3 - Gandr - Magic F, Affinity Light F - Marcus declares the name of the ability, aiming his index finger forward, gathering raw mana and releasing it in the form of a bullet, effective at 5ft - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

CDs (from previous post):
E - 0/1

Last edited:
5I4YFWC.jpg

Garrick | Beastkin

As the group pressed deeper into the cavernous depths, their path lined with totems and cryptic paintings, hinting at a formidable presence lurking within. While his comrades keenly observed their surroundings, Garrick found himself lost in contemplation, his attention drawn more to the satisfying weight of his newly acquired axe than the enigmatic imagery surrounding them.

The entrance to the chamber ahead stood out, its steel construction and scorch marks indicating recent magical activity. Before they could fully assess the situation, a menacing hiss filled the air as the door creaked open, shrouding the room in a thick mist. Out emerged a towering goblin champion, flanked by two trembling underlings that soon met their untimely demise. Garrick's initial surprise quickly gave way to amusement as he quipped, "You got to be kidding me."

Observing his comrades spring into action, Garrick knew his role in the impending skirmish. While Aureus and Marcus unleashed a barrage of spells, and Nox and Komori charged forth with blades drawn, Garrick hesitated to join the fray up close. Recognizing the disparity in their combat prowess, he opted for a different approach.

With a swift rush to a safe distance and a swing of his torch, Garrick aimed to divert the goblin champion's attention, hopefully buying his comrades precious moments in battle.

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Garrick would put his taunting prowess to the test. "Hey ugly! Your mother was a kobold!" Garrick jeered, hoping to rile up the goblin champion and draw its attention away from his comrades. Sensing an opening, he tightened his grip on his axe, channeling his inner warrior as he took aim. With a bold throw, he launched his axe towards the towering foe's face, hoping to exploit its sluggish movements in the chaotic melee.

Summary:
Action 1 - Moved 10 feet diagonally towards the Goblin Champion [Energized F, Fast F]
Action 2 - Taunted the Goblin Champion and hoping to grab its attention [Energized F, Educated (Talker) F, Intimidation F, Persuasion F]
Action 3 - Throw axe towards the Goblin Champion's head [Fighting Style (Axes) E - Specialized] 0/2 Cooldown

Last edited:
~'Nox'~
1707771226440.jpeg

The Goblin Champion, though wounded, was far from defeated. In a retaliatory burst of strength, it flung its arms around, striking Nox with a force that sent her reeling backward. The impact, though staggering, did little to deter the vampire's relentless onslaught. Her eyes blazed with feral intensity as she closed the distance once more, her bloodlust unyielding.

The battle unfolded in a symphony of chaos, the clashing of steel and guttural roars echoing through the mist-filled chamber. Nox's movements were a blur of deadly precision, each strike a manifestation of her untamed rage. The Goblin Champion, now sluggish and bleeding profusely. In the midst of the relentless onslaught, Nox pressed on. Her instincts, heightened by the scent of goblins, overwhelmed any semblance of strategic thought. She moved like a force of nature, her strikes fueled by an untamed fury that sought to rend the Goblin Champion apart.

Nox, lost in her bloodlust, fought with a primal elegance that spoke of an unholy pact between vampire and celestial forces. The Goblin Champion, wounded and desperate, faced a relentless onslaught that threatened to consume it entirely. A united attack by the entire party.

• Movement - Moves to Attack Goblin Champion​
  • [Piercing Moonlight] - E - [Sixth Sense - Weakspot Vision] [Accurate], [Vorpal] [Penetrating] [Blight = Holy Ice] [Hot Shot] [Range]- Raising her blade for a single blinding thrust, Nox commits to an attack on her target with the sole intention of Piercing their very being. 1 Post cooldown/1 Action
  • [Eclipse] - F - [Area 15ft], [Blight = Bleed] [Incurable] [Continuing = Bleed] [Penetrating] [Hot Shot] [Selective] [Sixth Sense - Weakspot Vision] - Swinging her blade in a crescent arc Nox cuts opponents within a 15ft area in front of her dealing sudden as well as continuous bleed damage into the next turn. Wounds caused by the slash are incurable by normal means. 1 Post cooldown/1 Action

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Mentions: Maxxob Maxxob Uasal Uasal Scoobie Scoobie Valkan Valkan
Notes: Combat is over! Spamcelot: 3 skips Valkan: 3 skip, Scoobie: 1 skip.

Actions/Abilities:

1. Moved back 10 ft

Komori was not sure what was about to happen next to next, figuring it was best to move back and wait and see what was going to happen next. As the corruption disappeared from her blade, Marcus moved next to her as another wave of magic was released from the mage, and their other mage friend shot a rather large beam, narrowly missing the two. Which was then accompanied by an axe being thrown and Nox lunging toward the champion. The abilities all clashed as there was now an unexpected effect. Garrack's and Marcus' abilities landed hitting the goblin champion who was now wobbling back and forth.

The large goblin seemed to be struggling to stand upright due to the blood lose, as Nox's blade made contact with the champion as he was falling to the ground, Aureus' beam struck the moonlight vampire thanks to the AOE. But on the bright side the champion had been subjugated by the party and path further into the strange bunker was open for the time being. "Everyone good minus Nox?" She inquired looking around at the others, she was curious to see how the next exhange was going to play out between the two. But that was also something that could be dealt with as they moved further into the bunker.

Appraoching the door that was open, the smell of goblins was much more fresh, meaning the group was about to enter the heart of whatever this place was. Though as of so far if they had any more large creatures like that it could cause a problem if they were ganged up on. Gripping her nodachi tightly she started to move through the threshold. The next room was a long hallway that led to some stairs that went further down. Along the walls there was also more paintings along the wall made of goblin origin.

However there was one painting in particular that depiected a large ring like object and it looked like there was goblins worshiping it. Though for the moment there was nothing that really gave them any more information at the moment.

5I4YFWC.jpg

Garrick | Beastkin

Events unfolded with lightning speed, leaving Garrick to marvel at the swiftness of their victory. Despite his lack of finesse and magical prowess, he took pride in his modest contribution to the downfall of the goblin champion, believing that every little effort counted. Amidst the blur of action, one thing remained crystal clear in Garrick's mind; the goblin champion lay defeated.

Assessing the aftermath, Garrick, a bit battered but otherwise intact, nodded in response to Komori's inquiry about their well-being. Garrick flashed a thumbs-up, his attention already drawn to the fallen goblin champion. With a casual stride, he retrieved his trusty axe from the lifeless behemoth, exchanging a few words with the vanquished foe. "Don't mind me, big guy." he quipped, giving his axe a playful twirl. "Not bad for a worn-out weapon, huh?"

Wasting no time, Garrick, axe in hand and torch in the other, followed Komori's lead deeper into the unknown depths of the cavern. As they progressed, the pungent scent of goblins grew stronger. "Smells worse than a swamp in summer." Garrick whispered as his gaze wandered to the walls adorned with paintings, each stroke a surprising testament to goblin creativity.

"Goblins drawing? Well, I'll be damned." Garrick mused, his curiosity piqued as he studied one particular painting depicting a large, ring-like object surrounded by worshiping goblins. A mischievous grin crept across his face as he entertained thoughts of the potential wealth that lay hidden within the depths. "That must be their loot. A big ol' gold ring. Could fetch a pretty penny if I hawked it." He thought to himself, a sly chuckle escaping his lips.

Notes:
E Grade Skills - 1/2 Cooldown

saxon saxon Scoobie Scoobie Valkan Valkan Uasal Uasal

Thanks to the group’s joint effort, the Goblin Champion was down. Marcus took the chance to look up at the ceiling of the bunker, letting out a long sigh as his strained mind slowly recovered from the exertion. Taking a few steps towards the fallen creature, the magus’s azure eyes darted along the corpse, while his mind registered one of the dangers that this world had in store. When Kōmori asked how everyone was doing, the human’s gaze shifted towards her, with a relaxed expression. “I am quite alright, just catching my breath. Too long behind a desk, I guess.” Commenting, he retrieved a handkerchief from the inside of his coat, finally wiping out the sweat which had formed during his miss-cast and then storing the small fabric in his coat once more.

Next, his gaze shifted towards Aureus and a knowing smile started to play on Marcus’s lips, remembering both he and the oni were almost hit by the beam of light which was shot by him, while Nox was actually hit by it. “Careful where and how you use your spells, spellcaster…” the human warned, the term ‘spellcaster’ being said with palpable sarcasm, its derogatory meaning probably lost in this world. “Are you alright?” The human asked the moonlight vampire, before continuing onwards, into the door which was left open.

Following just behind Garrick, his nose itched as the smell of the goblins got even stronger, making Marcus involuntarily furrow his eyebrows with the stench. To Garrick’s comment, the magus chuckled and added to it. “Smells worse than the Matou’s basement.” Remembering the sordid place for just a split second, his attention was drawn towards the drawings on the walls. Noticing a particular one who depicted the worship of the ring, the human raised one of his eyebrows. He wondered for a moment if the ring had any arcane value to be worshiped or if it was a simple piece of jewelry.

~'Nox'~
1708434868504.jpeg

Nox's frustration simmered just beneath the surface as the battle's chaotic aftermath unfolded. The once imposing Goblin Champion lay defeated, a testament to the collective might of the group. However, the satisfaction of victory was tainted by an unforeseen twist—the searing beam of Aureus' magic, an unintended consequence that had struck her in the heat of battle.

A low growl rumbled within Nox as she shot a sharp, disapproving glare at Aureus. Her vampiric instincts were on edge, and the surge of irritation did little to quell the lingering ferocity within her. The taste of blood still lingered on her lips, a reminder of the intense battle, but the frustration of being caught in friendly fire threatened to overshadow the triumph.

Kōmori's inquiry about their well-being, particularly directed at her, only fueled Nox's annoyance. "I'm fine," she replied curtly, her tone laced with irritation. The moonlight vampire was not one to dwell on minor injuries, but the unexpected assault from her own ally struck a nerve.

As the group approached the open door leading further into the bunker, Nox made a conscious effort to mask her annoyance. The scent of goblins grew stronger, signaling their proximity to the heart of this mysterious place. Gripping her sword tightly, Nox followed Kōmori through the threshold, her predatory gaze scanning the surroundings for any signs of impending danger.

The long hallway ahead bore more goblin paintings, each telling a cryptic tale of their culture and rituals. Yet, it was the depiction of a large ring, surrounded by worshipping goblins, that seized Nox's attention. The symbolism was clear, but the nature of this mysterious ring remained an enigma.

Nox's focus shifted from the artwork to the path ahead, her instincts on high alert. The annoyance of friendly fire lingered, but the moonlight vampire was determined to press on. Whatever secrets this bunker held, she would uncover them, even if it meant navigating through the labyrinthine depths of goblin lore and facing whatever challenges lay ahead.

Aureus

Aureus' blunder weighed heavily on him. Not only because he felt terrible about it himself, but also because it was clear at least two of his teammates weren't eager to have him around afterwards. "I'm sorry." The elf muttered awkwardly. He walked along, stepping around the corpse of the giant goblin. Behind the rest of the group, he stayed quiet as he didn't want to incite more anger with another incident, and because he had no clue of what may lie ahead, so he wanted to be as wary as he could. That said, he wished for a hole opening in the the ground and swallowing him whole. But he needed to kill some more goblins first.

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Notes: Combat is about to begin! Spamcelot: 3 skips Valkan: 3 skip, Scoobie: 1 skip. We are approaching the end, if I had to guess, about 4 more rounds, give or take a couple depends on combat.

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori kept her eyes forward as the group talked, she casually glanced at the paintings along the walls. Letting out a small sigh as their other frontline didn't seem to be all that hurt about the attack. Though that was something to keep in the back of her mind going forward that the mages might accidentally do some fratricide if they were not careful. At Garrick's comment, she simply rolled her eyes. "But that smell means we are getting closer to the goal; one shouldn't just focus on how bad it smells," She pointed out as the group continued onward. The further in they went, the fewer paintings were on the wall, which indicated that the area might have just been opened up this way. There was no telling if the goblins had burrowed their way in the first time or not.

Turning a corner, the group was met with a long hallway that had a similar door the group had gone through earlier. However, the sound of chanting coming from behind the door was heard. Though what exactly was being said could be left up to the imagination, after all, this was all happening on the goblin dialect so unless someone could speak monster, it would be useless. "Seems we are about to find whatever this ring thing was in the pictures or another ambush, who knows," She replied casually as a warning to the group that they would be fighting further head once they stepped through that door. Upon reaching the door the chanting had escalated to the point it sounded like a small army was inside.

A few feet from the door it opened with a hissing sound revealing 3 goblins, one of which was standing on a crude alter in front of a giant ring that looked like it could be a portal system or something. There were 2 other goblins one with a large great axe and another with a shield and a hammer. The ring in question was metallic in nature, though exactly what type of metal it was made out of was unknown. As soon as the group had moved past the threshold the cheering form above them was heard as many more goblins were cheering. By the looks of it the group was being challenged in a sort of arena though it the goblins were going to stay in their seats was another matter entirely.

The goblin shaman shouted something in goblins as he turned around, its face was covered in blood that had been applied to its face. The other two goblins each took a step forward as they reader themselves for battle. The 2 goblins were 60 ft from the party while the shaman was 80 ft from the party. The chanting only increased in volume as it looked like a fight was about to get underway.

Marcus Hohenwald
Marcus.jpeg

saxon saxon Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan Scoobie Scoobie

Marcus threaded on, following Kōmori’s lead deeper into the mines. His eyes had caught that the paintings had become fewer as they ventured towards the bowels of that place, however, he didn’t think too much about it as the only thing on his mind was being ready for whatever awaited the group.

With the turning of a corner, a chanting could be heard from behind a door pretty similar to the one which the Goblin Champion had emerged from. The many voices that echoed belonged to quite a sizeable group, words being said in a tongue which the magus had no knowledge of. Nodding as the oni warned the group a battle was about to take place, the human fixed both of his gloves, starting with his left and then his right, pulling them by their hem in turn. “Looks like we will have quite a bit of work ahead.” He commented, as they approached the door.

Hearing the hissing that came from the door as it opened, his azure orbs fixed on the three goblins ahead. While from the distance he could not tell about what the most distant one was wielding, Marcus could notice that the two who were closer had melee weapons on their hands: one with a great axe, while the other a shield and hammer. However, more was revealed as the group went through the threshold of the entrance to the chamber, as the room appeared to be a kind of arena, with quite a few goblins spectators above cheering for battle. Clicking his tongue in displeasure, his eyes moving around the spectators, watching them almost as if trying to gauge their real intentions. “If they decide to join the fight, this could become quite… hectic.” The human commented to the group with a sarcastic edge in his tone, understanding this situation could become chaotic at a moment’s notice. Still, he didn’t see anything else that could be done, but pushing through their three designed opponents.

At that point, the third goblin, which was further away was revealed. The shaman that had been depicted in the drawing that had been seen throughout the walls of the mine. The magus’s expression morphed, disgust and displeasure palpable on it as his gaze was directed towards the goblin, making the assumption that he was a magic user. Without wasting time, Marcus started to act. First, he bursted towards both goblins which were closer to the group, jogging 30ft towards them. Now, in range, he lifted his right arm, pointing his index towards them. Targeting both with his Finn Shot, the human let his mana course through his body, before casting his spell. “Finn Shot!” His voice was swallowed by the cheering from the spectators, while he shot two bright projectiles from his fingertip, each with their specific target.

Actions:
1 - Moved 30ft towards Goblin A and B
2 - Attacked Goblin A and B with Finn Shot - Magic E, Range F, Affinity Light F, Targets F - Marcus declares the name of the ability, aiming his index finger forward, gathering raw mana and releasing it in the form of a bullet, being able to attack up to 5 targets, effective at 30ft - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
3 - Skip

Cooldowns:
E 1/1

~'Nox'~
1709174463781.jpeg

Nox's steps echoed through the chamber as she stepped away from the door, her heels clicking against the metallic floor with a rhythmic precision that mirrored the pulsating energy building within her. Her gaze was fixed solely on the goblin shaman standing on the crude altar, the one whose chanting had fueled the anticipation in the arena.

Her vampiric aura, once restrained and controlled, began to manifest in a sinister fashion, spilling out like tendrils of shadowy mist. The air around her seemed to thicken with an otherworldly presence, a stark departure from the semi-controlled demeanor she had maintained. It was as if a different entity had momentarily seized control, a force beyond the moonlight vampire's usual restraint.

Ignoring the two goblins armed with melee weapons, Nox's focus was solely on the shaman. The aura emanating from her intensified, her eyes glowing with an ominous crimson hue that cut through the gloom of the chamber. The moonlight vampire's predatory instincts surged to the forefront, a visceral manifestation of her untamed power.

With a beastlike and unsightly burst of movement, Nox advanced, closing the distance between herself and the shaman. Her blade, an extension of her ominous presence, glinted in the dim light as she raised it high above her head with one hand.

In an explosive release of energy, Nox brought her blade down with unparalleled force, cleaving it through the air. The strike was unlike her; it carried with it a raw and sinister energy that coalesced into a projectile slash. The ethereal force hurtled toward the goblin shaman, a manifestation of Nox's power that ran contrary to that of her previously holy affinity.

The projectile moved with a speed that defied the eye, a lethal streak of malevolent energy aimed directly at the chanting shaman.

Nox crouched 30 feet away from the shaman, her form becoming more crazed and beastlike as she maintained a predatory gaze. The air was charged with an eerie tension, the aftermath of her unleashed power lingering like a haunting melody in the metallic chamber. The moonlight vampire's crimson eyes remained fixed on the shaman, an unspoken challenge that transcended the boundaries of the arena. Was this woman really unlike those monsters she claimed no kinship to?

• Movement - F - [Acrobatics F] - Moves to Attack Goblin Shaman​
  • Penumbra - F - [Aura][Indirect] [Multidimensional] [Penetrating F], [Intimidation F], [Selective (Sparing Party from damage but not intimidation)], [Area F], [Blind Fighter], [Blind Ranged Fighting], [Blight Manevolent Damage F], [Hot Shot] [Sixth Sense - Weakpoint Vision] [Enegised F]- Channeling her blessing Nox produces an aura that's spread over a wide area that intimidates and deals damage to those who enter or are within its range possibly paralyzing them with sheer fear and dread and dealing massive damage to monsters that are weak to ice or holy damage. 0 Turn Cooldown/1 actions.
  • [Apogee] - E - [Accurate], [Vorpal] [Penetrating] [Blight = Manevolent] [Hot Shot] [Incurable] [Continuing = Bleed] [Range] [Contact] [Targeted (?)] [Homing] [Indirect]- Bringing her Blade down with a forceful slash, Nox's blade creates a traveling arc of energy that will travel 30 foot and home in on her target regardless of cover. 1 Post Cooldown/1 Action

Last edited:

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Notes: Combat is about to begin! Spamcelot: 3 skips Valkan: 3 skip, Scoobie: 3 skip. We are approaching the end, if I had to guess, about 4 more rounds, give or take a couple depends on combat.

Actions/Abilities:
  • Dark Continent Style Kaberin - Weapon Master Nodachi F, Deflect F, Flare F (Sight), Accurate F, Energized F, multidimensional F - Defying the normal laws of matter and physics Kōmori's blade is able to strike things that normal matter is not. Upon making contact with the target the targets Sight is affected, speed is reduced by 1 grade of effectiveness. - F grade - 0 Post cooldown

1. Moved 30 ft
2. Defend Marcus
3. Used Dark Continent Style Kaberin

Goblin Hammer
1/2 Moved 60 ft
3. Attacked Marcus

Goblin Sword
1. Moved 30 ft
2. Stabbed Nox's Leg
3 Attempts to stab Nox

Goblins Shaman
1. Teleported behind Nox
2. used Martial Nulify X
3. Swung stick

Marcus was the first to hop into action as the cheer of the goblins quickly rose almost to the point of deafening. Whatever was going on they seemed to be getting into it, even a few fights in the stands were breaking out amongst themselves. It seems even these goblins for as smart as they seemed were still giving into their impulses. As Marcus stopped moving and fired off his shot as the two bullets made of mana appeared. They quickly fired off and hit their target however, the two goblins targeted started to bleed but the started laughing. The goblin with the hammer surged forward and went to bring down his hammer onto Marcus' head.

Kōmori rushed forward as Nox seemingly went feral and ignored the other two seeming to want to go after the shaman. Kōmori thought it was stupid to give into ones instincts in that manner moved 30 ft and blocked the hammer with her Nodachi as it was about to come down on Marcus' head. "Try to not get in front of the front liners next time, mages are not typically great a close combat," She pointed out as she quickly followed up with Dark Continent Style Kaberin as she brought her blade and brought it down diagonally to the goblin making contact. But once again even though there was now a large gash in the goblin it didn't seem to be slowing down and just chuckled.

As for the other melee goblin he went into intercept Nox, as she was focused on the shaman. The goblin brought its rusty sword down as it punctured Nox's leg and quickly pulled out the blade and went in this time attempting to plunge the knife into the armor but upon impact the blade broke only leaving a small cut on Nox's armor. But the strangest part was that Nox would notice is that the goblins seemed to be resistant to the the fear but she could tell they were taking damage.

The shaman chuckled as the aura was sent its way. He quickly disappeared and appeared behind Nox as she was about to send her second strikeout and touched her with her index finger and touched the vampire. Canceling Apogee nullifying the attack and then he went and clubed Nox's back with the stick he was holding.

Marcus Hohenwald
Marcus.jpeg

saxon saxon Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan Scoobie Scoobie

Marcus's eyes widened slightly, seeing the hammer of the goblin being brought down towards his head. He cursed under his breath, the lack of a summoned Servant, if that was even possible in this world, was clearly a hindrance to what he could or not do. As Kōmori would comment a few moments later, Marcus was not exceptionally able physically. Luckily for him, the oni didn’t decide to rush the Shaman along with Nox and instead contended with the goblin who tried to attack the human magus, blocking his attack and delivering a counter assault. The human gained a small distance from the goblin, until they were 5ft apart, breathing in relief. “Thanks for the aid, Kōmori. You are right about melee not being the best place for me, but I figured both you and Nox would join me…” The human said, his gaze shifting towards Nox, seeing her situation now in having to deal with two opponents.

“I guess primal instincts are harder for some to control than others…” He scoffed, considering the moon-blessed vampire too much fickle and chaotic in a battle such as this. But then again, Nox herself had commented about her own propensities against monsters. A Dead Apostle, true and through, with different targets in mind. With that, the magus's attention was once more focused on the goblin that fell upon both him and the oni to deal with it. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, seeing that the goblin showed no reaction from his Finn Shot, appearing to be unfazed, albeit bleeding. “Are they under some sort of anesthetic drug or incantation?!” He said, his tone carrying the annoyance he was feeling about it. Pointing his index finger towards the goblin, he used his magic once more, this time aware of his limitations. “Gandr!” He fired one more magical projectile, imbued with light, towards the creature. Afterwards, there wasn’t much he could do, but bring both of his hands in front of him, in an X shape, hoping to block if the goblin’s attention was now directed at him, instead of Kōmori.

Actions:
1 - Retreated until his distance towards the hammer-yielding goblin was about 5ft
2 - Gandr - Magic F, Affinity Light F - Marcus declares the name of the ability, aiming his index finger forward, gathering raw mana and releasing it in the form of a bullet, effective at 5ft - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
3 - Raised both his arms in defense.

Cooldowns:
E 0/1

[/B]

~'Nox'~
1710106193085-jpeg.1149544

Nox felt the searing pain in her leg as the goblin's blade found its mark, but her feral instincts raged on, drowning out the agony. The broken blade clattered against her armor, a testament to the goblin's futile attempt to end her life. The moonlight vampire's crimson eyes burned with an otherworldly intensity, fixated solely on the shaman who had nullified her earlier strike.

In an instant, the shaman had teleported behind her, his cackling echoing through the chamber. The goblin's touch disrupted the flow of Nox's power, canceling her Apogee and leaving her momentarily vulnerable. Before she could react, the shaman delivered a swift strike to her back with a crude staff, sending a shockwave of pain through her body. Despite her berserk state, Nox staggered forward, her movements momentarily slowed.

The goblins around her chuckled, reveling in their perceived victory over the moonlight vampire. But in that moment of vulnerability, something snapped within Nox. The pain, the humiliation, and the overpowering urge to dominate surged through her. In a whirlwind of dark energy, she lashed out with her sword, a vicious and unrelenting assault that aimed to strike all the goblins surrounding her.

The blade cut through the air with supernatural speed, leaving streaks of sinister energy in its wake. Nox's movements, though fueled by an uncontrollable rage, bore the precision of a seasoned warrior. Her strikes were aimed with predatory precision, each swing a testament to the feral power coursing through her veins.

The arena, once filled with the chaotic cheers of goblins, now bore witness to a tempest of darkness embodied in Nox. The moonlight vampire's crimson eyes blazed with an unholy fire as she spun and slashed, each movement a manifestation of the untamed power within her. The goblins found themselves in the eye of a storm, with no respite from the unleashed wrath of the moonlight vampire.

Nox's sword danced through the air, a symphony of destruction that echoed through the chamber. In her berserk state, she became a force of nature, an embodiment of primal rage that sought to annihilate anything in her path. The goblins, once confident in their advantage, now faced the relentless onslaught of a predator unchained. And what's worse, every strike that landed only seemed to restore her strength and vitality.

• [Vampiris Lunaris (Darkside)] - E (all cores E unless stated otherwise)- [Intimidation F], [Accurate], [Drain Vitality], [Vampiric], [Area 50ft], [Blight = Manevolent], [Continuing = Bleed], [Contagion = Manevolent], [Spreading = Bleed], [Penetrating], [Vorpal], [Aura (Manevolent)], [Selective (Spare Party)], [Incurable], [Hotshot]- Nox's ultimate technique, Tainted by her berserker nature. Wielding her sword in a despicable manner, Nox lashes out at all her surrounding foes, unleashing a powerful attack that spreads both malevolent energies and bleeding to those foes within reach and beyond. The true power of a moon-blessed vampire unleashed in a flurry of blows. 1 Post cooldown/3 Action

Attachments

• 1710106193085.jpeg
    1710106193085.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back