• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Infection of the Flesh

Ambience:

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

Three Memer skips. Nachtum has been left behind at camp.

What to expect out of character: 4-5 day posting cycles. If you cannot post within the time period communicate or you might get skipped. Ask any and all clarifying questions you have in the discord, plot or otherwise. When using secondary skills please mention them in your post. Additionally, please link your character sheet in your post format somewhere, and place any abilities at the bottom of your post with the cooldown. For ease of recap, please provide a tldr; of your post highlighting important actions/interactions. Players can make multiple Out Of Combat actions, but do not go overboard. In Combat the 3 action Economy is in effect. Ability cooldowns are also in effect at all times.

Time: 8:00 a.m.
Weather: Frigid Rain, Skies with dark clouds.

Lucius Gallicus

Zahrah: Racial Evolution
slifer37 slifer37 EMIYAman EMIYAman Elvario Elvario Tellussoil Tellussoil Valkan Valkan Develius Develius

From here on in every decision you make could have a definite impact on the outcome of the mission. I highly encourage you to speak with your team members and coordinate your actions OOC. It could mean the difference between walking into something blindly or with the knowledge to handle the situation. Ask any and all question you have for me OOC.

Whatever the party intended, the actions of Arkham and Noelle had a telling effect almost immediately. A loud unearthly shriek came from either side of the path as Noelle shouted and rang the bell while Arkham tried the door.

110392.jpg
The large timbers of the door shrieked and shuttered violently as Arkham put his strength into pushing on the doors. Both doors crashed down an inch, quickly covering the distance between the bottom of the gates and the ground, then they swayed dangerously. They threatened to collapse onto the whole party gathered outside them but then very quickly reversed direction to fall inwards towards the village. There was a bone shuddering crash as the door fell to pieces, the solid looking timbers were apparently mostly rotten on the inside. Just as quickly as the mountain of noise had started it was dead silent again.

The door that was now a heap of splintered wood and metal bands revealed the interior of the walls. Anyone who had been to a village before could see what this place had been. Along the cobbled road that lead to the village was a main avenue, rows of what were neatly spaced businesses featured along the street with broken signs that advertised each one. There was a tavern, a smithy, a tailor, a cobbler, a butcher, and a general goods store. At the end of the avenue the cobbled street opened up and stretched into a circular clearing that was also cobbled but with trees and grass planted in a ring on the exterior. The purpose was unclear, perhaps a place for traveling merchants to set up. There was also a large stone church at the very end of the avenue. Surrounding the shops and road was a number of houses that varied in shape, story, and maintenance that made up the bulk of the town. A few with gardens that were obviously cared for. Added to that many of the houses showed signs of fire damage, but most showed signs of another alteration entirely.

Spreading out from the center of the church was a mass of flesh that seemed to have converted every organic thing it touched into itself. A patchy mess of muscle, tissue, and organs stretched from the center of the town to the outer reaches. It had spread unevenly in some places. The houses that had been burnt out showed no signs of the abominable flesh conversion. In others it was more advanced, what remained of the church for example was a slowly squirming mass of organic tissue that seemed to reach into the surroundings. No matter where the party looked from the entrance however there were no bodies. No signs of a struggle. No blood. The entire tree palisade that stretched the perimeter of the village was evidently dead as well, leafless and rotting branches as far as the eye could see. The air was thick with the sweet and rancid penetrating odor of rotting meat.
87e1aa56c43f6ba652b69753d5d9cda8.png

In the hole to the left of the party a number of silky scarlet tendrils began to appear, wrapping themselves around the edges of the hole in the tree and then layering themselves across the opening. Each moment they grew thicker and thicker as whatever was forming in the hole grew larger. The same wet wriggling sound heard earlier began to grow louder and louder until it was very apparent to everyone. Then as quickly as the strands of tissue appeared they had covered the hole in the tree, leaving behind no sight of the other side anymore. The same process repeated on the other side of the path in the other hole until no way remained but forward into the village or back out the way they came.

In the rear Lucius muttered a curse and steadied his men even as they grew nervous. He uttered an even louder curse in latin as a sheet of red rapidly oozed out from between the trees and knitted itself into a tight barrier across the way they had come from. With a wet squirming sound the final option for escape had been removed unless the party cared to try their luck attacking the stuff. It would likely be a good time for the party to take stock, formulate a new plan, and perhaps look for some cover.

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions: conman2163 conman2163 | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | Nachtum EMIYAman EMIYAman | Noelle Tellussoil Tellussoil | Arkham Valkan Valkan | Jebidiah Develius Develius

“Oho, you what do you think it was?” They ask Arkham, upon his suggestion to followed whatever was dragged. The thing that god\t dragged through the mud most often was reputation, but they doubted that'd been the case right here.

Zahrah nodded with Rowan's statement about the hole. “Some holes aren't meant to be entered without preparation.” They added some insight of their own. “Stairs? Oh! Stairs would be neat!” Yes, yes. They recalled the condition of victory. Having the high ground. Stairs would get them there.

As for Cassidy, Zahrah wondered what rattled the Skeleton, Undead, Gunslinger's bones. Those were some fun titles they'd read with their Appraisal C. Oddly enough nothing 'Otherworld' or 'Isekai' though, which made them wonder... Ah well. “You should meet up with my best friend Tiefy sometime, you seem every bit as lively as her~” They told Cassidy with a wink. Or should they call him Jebidiah? Eh, whatever, Cassidy probably made him happier, so they'd stick with that. As for tolling the bell, they titled their head. “Who knows, perhaps they might open and welcome us in~” Probably not though.

Turns out Noelle was thinking the same thing. “WE'VE GOT ENOUGH ROPE TO SHARE SOME!!!” They added. Surely they'd be more welcome to let them in in they knew just how much rope Zahrah had gotten. It was amazing.

As they watched Arkham push down the door, they clapped. “Oh my, what a strong man you are. Those doors never stood a chance~” They complimented him.

The village itself confused them. “Is it me, or is this village a bit weird. I don't think villages normally have all that fleshy stuff going everywhere right?” They asked the others. It looked sort-off gross, but also interesting. “I wonder if it's edible...” That would solve the whole meat industry problem for sure. No more animal suffering if they could harvest this stuff. It actually got them a little excited. “We could make meat a lot cheaper and reduce animal suffering at once! I say we go harvest this and create a meat goop farm!” They stated, as they observed this wonderful substance.

Zahrah was quick to head into the village to try to approach the church a bit more. However, upon nearing some of the flesh goop growth, they'd pause and use [Appraisal B] on it. Best they learn what they were dealing with so they'd know if this was truly the breakthrough find they hoped it was. There was one thing that was a bit concerning. “Do you guys think this is like one of those horror things, where monsters will start spawning from the flesh goop, or where everything touched by the flesh goop also turns into flesh goop? Do you think it flesh-gooped all the villagers? I think it might've, but only if it caught them somehow, like with flesh-goop monsters or poisoned air or hallucinogenic stuff, right?” The last was as much a question as it was a statement. Their initial excitement about this find had died down a bit.

Be CD 0/3
Ce CD 1/2

Arkham Koenig

Once again, Arkham was pleased that someone was siding with his choices and observations in the form of the blonde who had yet to mention her name. Or maybe she did, but the headache that is Zahrah made him forget about it. Which speaking of, addressed him. "One of this mysterious monster's victims, if not the monster itself" he stated dryly. It was clear he wanted to say the least at that particular moment. Regardless, what he thought was going to be a fruitless endeavor when he pushed the door, actually paid off. Being honest, he panicked as he saw it fall from its hinges. Running on instinct, he turned to the blonde lady and covered her with his body in an awkward embrace "Look out!" it was nothing like the soft hold of a pink fluffball, but its intent to protect was honest.

As he heard the large door not crashing upon him and his team, he slowly let go of the lady "Sorr... Apologies, I thought the door..." he cleared his throat, trying to wipe his head from the embarrassment from his unnecessary action. "Anyway, we must get going... yeah..." As he ventured ahead, Zahrah was met with a colder attitude "They were rotten, I didn't do much"

At this point, Arkham didn't know what was worse for his mental health, Zahrah, or the atrocity beyond the rotten wall of trees. Arkham would try and comment on Zahrah's weird thoughts, but his attention shifted to the rear, where a wall of red was now basically forcing them into town. "Great..." He muttered as he looked around "Say, by any chance any of you knows fire magic? I think this... thing doesn't like it hot. I can use fire, but just as far as my sword reaches..."

conman2163 conman2163 Elvario Elvario slifer37 slifer37 Tellussoil Tellussoil Develius Develius

Rowan kind of side-eyed Zahrah at their suggestion. On paper it was a good suggestion, but on the other, it only took a look to see that it would be…difficult… to pull off in practice, considering it looked like it ate half the town. “Zahrah, please. Your altruism is lovely, but this is not the time to do so. You can only help someone if you’re not in need of being helped yourself.” Rowan would reply, not unkindly. Though, an almost murderous glare would go to Noelle for what she had done. “Are you mad? Any chance of surprise we had is gone!” Rowan would ask Noelle, in what felt like a stupid move, announcing that they were here to be attacked. Though, it was her time as a bodyguard was was really made her paranoid, which was only made worse by the door falling heavily and with much noise due to how rotted it was. Frankly, as they were on a monster hunt, she had the right to be paranoid, and she was glad that at least someone took it seriously, like how Cassidy seemed to take this more seriously then Zahrah or Noelle, which was frustrating, as every mission could very well be life or death missions, and it payed to be careful.

Rowan had her barriers, she was the bodyguard, the one with the strength to protect others. It was her thing- what she liked doing. But this- Arkhan protecting her, instinctually throwing himself over her…this was new. No one had instinctually protected her before. Surprisingly- it felt nice, especially as it hadn’t been done out of contempt.
“I…thank you. Even if it was not needed, it was nice of you.” Rowan almost stuttered out, her cheeks a flaming red at the sudden close contact. IT wasn’t like Zahrah’s hug- all soft and cuddly, but it had the hardness of someone who was muscular, and most importantly, warm.

Shaking her head a little to get the thoughts of Arkhan’s cuteness and other good qualities out of her head, mainly so she could focus on the problem before them- the rolling mass that seemed to devour organic matter around them. Shit, it blocked the doorway out of here, which meant either confronting it head on, or her personal favorite, going up and around it. At least, everyone had a barrier around them, including Lucius and his minions or homies, so they probably wouldn’t get immediately absorbed if they got touched by the creature.

Rowan cast her barriers, shaping them into the form of stairs. If push came to shove, she could try to make it go back to sleep, but running away from this thing seemed to be the better idea, gain some distance, and have someone explode it with copious amounts of fire. “If you want to go around it, I can get us higher than the treetops, where we can get out of that thing’s range and attack it from there. I’m not going to go near the monster, as it seems like it’ll eat us if we make a wrong move.” Rowan said to everyone, getting onto her own stairs. If push came to shove, she could just keep making stairs, and they could climb up, theoretically forever if needed, to outrace the monster. Besides, her spells could reach the monster from quite a distance away.

• Even More Advanced Barrier Stairs- Magic D, Barrier E, Range E, Targets E, Duration E, Energize D- Advanced Barrier Stairs but with a 30ft range, Duration of 1 hour, Barrier Strength of E- Grade E- 0 Post Cooldown
2. Jumped on the first stair, off the ground, ready to go higher to avoid the squishy monster
3. Went up the second stair,

Last edited:

Noelle Nichi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With: conman2163 conman2163 ~ Elvario Elvario ~ Valkan Valkan ~ slifer37 slifer37 ~ Develius Develius
abilities:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Noelle rang the bell a piercing shriek erupted from the surrounding area. Noelle screamed and placed her hands over her ears when she heard the shriek. It sounded so angry. Was it because she rang the bell? At the same time, Arkham had forced the door to collapse with his strength. Even if the door was rotten from the beginning. That was certainly a feat worth recognition.
Noelle didn’t instantly remove her hands from her ears awaiting if there would be another shriek. But as none others came, Noelle removed her hands from her ears to take in the situation.
Rowan started scolding her for ringing the bell "I-I-I’m sorry... I... I just wanted to help and if anyone was still in the village maybe they could…" she said apologetic. Her finlike ears were flat against the side of her head and her gaze turned downward. She was not fully aware of why her actions were so bad. The door to the village was open, right? That was their goal from the start?

As Noelle walked through the crumbled door she noticed the giant fleshy blob that had covered the town’s church and its surroundings. Although the flesh seems to have left the houses alone that showed burn damage. Noelle concluded that the flesh blob most likely is not a fan of fire. Although she wasn’t entirely sure about that. That could be another reason. But even if this is not the case, hitting things with fire tends to overall be a valid solution if you want to destroy or drive them away. Looking backwards the little mermaid saw that their escape route was blocked by these red tentacles. Were these part of the blob? Or were these separate entities altogether? That was a worry for another time.
Zahrah again seems to have its mind drifting somewhere in the clouds and not on the grim situation they are faced with. It was adorable. But at the same time much concerning. "uhhh.. Zahrah… I don't think this is the right time and place to see if that thing is edible… and even if it is edible I would not recommend eating it raw if you can." Noelle said not sure if the cotton brain would take it the right way. All she could do about it was smile and just hope things would turn out for the best for the pink-haired thing.

Now what to do about the fleshy problem that they had before them? Zahrah’s rambling about what the flesh glob might be able to do was kind of unnerved Noelle. She is sure she has never seen anything like this glob. At least as far as she can remember. But there is something familiar to it. She vaguely remembers something with a flesh glob and a really really cold place and that it is scary to her. She was not in the cold place. But just the imagery of it.
No use fretting over it. They had to think up something to deal with the glob. Without wasting a moment, Rowan created a staircase with her barriers and didn’t know how fast she had to go up them. It was starting to slightly annoy Noelle. Ever since they began Rowan had done nothing but try to run away from any threat that they faced or just put up barriers without any clear intent to face any problem. Noelle even started to wonder why she even took on a monster hunting job if anything she was ever planning to do was hide behind her barriers. But it was not the time to think contemptuous of her fellow hunter.

Rowan came with the question if anyone was able to cast fire magic. Noelle agreed that a ranged fire attack would be a good course of action and wasn't blaming Rowan for not going in close to use his fire sword technique as they didn’t know how the blob would react or how fast it might be able to retaliate. Come to think of it. Would anyone be able to produce fire through magic? Noelle herself was unable to. The best she could do was bolster someone’s attack and some minor healing. Nor does she expect any of the others to be able to do so. Not Zahrah, Cassidy or any of the legionnaires.
If only there was a way that they could transfer Rowan’s fire to hit the monster from a distance.

As Noelle pondered for a moment she looked around. There were several businesses along the main road leading to the market square where the blob was. Funnily the blob didn’t seem to have affected the stone buildings as much. Or at least not the stone parts of them. Maybe they could still enter them. But what would they stand to gain from going near the shops? Maybe the blob had already infested the interior and they could be walking into a trap. She noticed the half-destroyed sign of the tavern. Normally seeing the town’s tavern gave Noelle a sense of joy. It was always a pleasant place to be. This one looked so sad. That was when Noelle realised something. If the monster didn’t affect inorganic materials then things like bottles with alcohol or oil would be unaffected too. This gave her an idea of how they could hit the blob with flames from a distance. It was a risky gambit. But what were they to do otherwise? No hero was born without risking it all.

"I have a plan… it’s a dangerous plan… but if this works we might have a way to fight back that thing" she said with a slight hint of doubt in her voice. But she quickly steeled her resolve. "Zahrah, Cassidy, Rowan... Can you follow me? I’m going to the tavern to see if I can gather as many bottles of alcohol and other flammable liquids as possible" she said before turning towards Lucius and his men. "Can you stay here and keep an eye out for danger" Lastly Noelle looked up towards Rowan. She remained silent for a few seconds "You… stay up there and keep a lookout from there. Warn us when that thing starts to move" she shouted towards Rowan hoping she could hear her. With that all said Noelle cautiously started moving towards the building. If her plan works they can use the bottles of flammable liquids, rope and Rowan's flame to create makeshift bombs to throw at the blob.

842zD4d.png

"CURRENTLY DISGUISED AS 'CASSIDY B. FLINT'"

Mentions:
| conman2163 conman2163 | Elvario Elvario | Valkan Valkan | EMIYAman EMIYAman | slifer37 slifer37 | Tellussoil Tellussoil |

Cassidy was mighty impressed how Arkham was able to open the door's so efficiently, given the man's stature. They swung open violently before unceremoniously crashing onto the ground with a thud; one that shuddered his very bones. He was thankful that they didn't crash upon him, or anyone for that matter. No amount of milk was going to help our disguised Dead Man walking push things on that level anytime soon, even if he could try. His bones might as well grind themselves to dust, or simply wobble into a blobby mess in the worst of circumstances. He'd prefer to leave that to those more capable.

Speaking of blobs, aside from the dilapidated state of this abandoned village, they could all notice a disturbing pile of unholy flesh sprouting from what looked to be once a church. Patches of fleshy tissues, ligaments and organs would sprout from the center, infecting the nearest buildings and converting them into fleshy dwellings of their own. The sight was enough for Cassidy to hurdle his guts out, if he had them anyways. "What in Hell's name...?" the gunman muttered exasperatingly, struggling to take all this in. Then the hole on their left would be covered by multiple fleshy-tendrils, erupting what were essentially meat tentacles to cover it. Any alternate route forward was blocked off; save for what was in front of them or behind.

The hell did he sign up for? When they said monster hunting, he was expecting something like a certain individual or a group of voaracious killers. He wasn't expecting to be dealing with something quite like this. And it looked like everyone else was on the same page, other than Zahrah who seemed disturbingly aloof to the situation at hand. The others called them out, before trying to come up with a plan. Arkham asked if anyone had access to fire magic, in which Cassidy spoke up. "Nay, pardner. But I do got the next best thing." he replied somewhat dismissively, taking out a lighter from his pocket and igniting it. "It aint much, but I reckon if we scare up sum alcohol or flammable substances, we might roast this 'ere place for weeks."

Rowan would produce her magic stairs, stating how she was only going to fight that thing from higher ground. An admirable idea, something he didn't mind going through with. Better up then six feet into the ground that's for sure. But that's when Noelle fetched up an idea; one that involved Cassidy's participation. She wanted he, Zaharah, and Rowan to escort her to the tavern to find those very flammable materials he mentioned. Good to know he wasn't the only person thinking the same thing. The cowboy tipped his hat in agreement, "Well, I thought you'd never ask. Let's get a move on, topside!"

Ambience:

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.

What to expect out of character: 4-5 day posting cycles. If you cannot post within the time period communicate or you might get skipped. Ask any and all clarifying questions you have in the discord, plot or otherwise. When using secondary skills please mention them in your post. Additionally, please link your character sheet in your post format somewhere, and place any abilities at the bottom of your post with the cooldown. For ease of recap, please provide a tldr; of your post highlighting important actions/interactions. Players can make multiple Out Of Combat actions, but do not go overboard. In Combat the 3 action Economy is in effect. Ability cooldowns are also in effect at all times.

Lucius Gallicus

slifer37 slifer37 EMIYAman EMIYAman Elvario Elvario Tellussoil Tellussoil Valkan Valkan Develius Develius

From here on in every decision you make could have a definite impact on the outcome of the mission. I highly encourage you to speak with your team members and coordinate your actions OOC. It could mean the difference between walking into something blindly or with the knowledge to handle the situation. Ask any and all question you have for me OOC.

The village was still for a moment as the shrieking around the party stopped. It was as if the thing that had taken over the town was drawing in a large breathe before making a it's own move. Like being in the middle of a hurricane.

Then a sudden shattering of the stillness once again. Then there was a loud twang, a sound as if several massive bowstrings had been drawn taught and then snapped. From the area around the church came a loud rumble and then several large holes opened up in the ground. From the holes came large masses bound together by flesh at astonishing speed. Each was easily twice the size of a full grown man and roughly spherical. Five or so of the projectiles arced far over the church and toward the party before impacting the ground. The five Roman minions who had been standing behind the group disappeared underneath one of the balls of flesh with a loud crash. Lucius was just behind them and so instead of being flattened he was tossed back towards the party. Another smashed into the tree line directly to the left of the gate leaving a jagged line of splintered trees in it's path. The rest landed nearby in the village tree line.

The boulder of flesh that landed on top of his minions was just barely visible for a moment before the crimson wall of flesh behind them wrapped plying tendrils of muscle and sinew around it and dragged the boulder and the five men underneath into the wall to their doom. They didn't even have time to scream. Lucius did not waste time in scrambling up and drawing his sword. He dashed forward while waving the others after him. Clearly he was not eager to share the fate of his men and the plan offered by Noelle seemed their best option. "Forward, into the village!" He didn't want to be around to find out if more of the projectiles were going to come flying through the air out of the holes.

All around the group in different spots the masses flesh that occupied the buildings began to roil and move. Large masses of flesh on the walls of certain buildings1700469698934.jpeg began to coalesce and bulge outwards like boils on someone sick with the plague. Inside each of the boils was blood and viscera that was rapidly being rearranged into various horrors. Twisted mockeries of life that were made up of various bits of flesh and bone. Some were roughly human, the corpses of villagers mixed and matched with the same patchy flesh that covered the village. Some were large faces around a meter in size that had large appendages attached to the bottom of the head to drag it and mouths full of hundreds of razor sharp teeth. Others were plated golems of flesh with sharp bone spines protruding all over their body. It looked like the party had some time, but not much before the village disgorged the vile creatures.

The outside of the Tavern would be the first challenge to overcome. The flesh had wrapped around the building tightly, and unfortunately much of the exterior of the building was wood, including the door. The only thing they could see through was the large glass panes that showed off the interior of the tavern. Broken chairs and shattered tables littered the inside, but the bar and the shelves that held the liquor behind it was still intact. There were also several tapped kegs on the other side of the bar. The reward for their effort was plainly in view. In between the party and the bar however was a second obstacle. three large tendrils of flesh that came through holes in the roof draped down to the floor, and the activity in the village had evidently stirred them up. The would have to be dealt with first but it would not be so easy. The tendrils were plated in spines of bone that reached their entire length and armored them against attack. Someone would have to strike with considerable force to break them.

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions: conman2163 conman2163 | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | Noelle Tellussoil Tellussoil | Arkham Valkan Valkan | Jebidiah Develius Develius

Zahrah couldn't help themselves as they'd whisper to Arkham upon seeing what'd transpired after he shoved down the doors. “You sure know creative ways to open the door to a girl's heart! I could learn from you~” They'd whisper to him, ending it with a wink.

As for what Rowan told them, they were confused. “I'm in need of being helped?” They weren't aware of that. How peculiar. “Thanks for letting me know! Although I would like to know what I need the help with as well~” They'd eventually add with a cheerful note. It was nice to have people look out for them like that, even if they didn't know why or what for~

Noelle, however, was totally right. “You're right. I doubt this would make a good sushi or carpaccio. Perhaps it could make for steak tartare, but that's an acquired taste... It'd be better to slice some off and have Hitsy come up with some recipes~” It was good to have someone else that was thinking along with them. The fish gal clearly knew what she was talking about.

That said, her plan confused them. Until it was all clear. “You want to see if it'll be edible when roasted with booze? I must say, I can't eat anything myself, but I do think that'd be a good method~ However! I also heard booze brings a lot of happiness, so I'm not sure if we could just exchange it like that...”

That's when the flesh goop started doing exactly the type of stuff Zahrah thought it might start doing. “Oh, my! Look, look!” They shouted out in excitement. “It's totally like a legit horror movie! That's so cool! It's totally doing all sorts of stuff that I thought it would do and...” That's when they spotted Lucius' man getting flesh-gooped out of existence. “Oh...” That wasn't good for happiness. “I'm... sorry for your loss...”

Even though that was pretty bad, they were soon to find renewed resolve. It was as if they'd been informed by Valkan divine inspiration. “Don't worry. I'll go ask it to stop, but just in case, you get ready to burn it if it won't. I hope it'll be friendly, but seeing how it gooped first, I'm not sure.” They nodded to themselves. What a flawless plan! After saying it, they'd rush over to the nearest forming flesh monster that had one or more mouths. After all, they'd need to find a mouthed one to get a reply. Ah, right, they'd also need one with ears to listen to them. Hmm. What a challenge.

After looking around for a bit, they'd hopefully find a flesh goop monster thing that fit both the mouth and ear requirement. A tough task, but hopefully not an impossible one. “Hello! Do you speak common?” “<Do you speak Beastial?>” “{Do you speak Sylvan?}” “[Do you speak Terran?]” “%Do you speak Analog?%” “#Or do you perhaps speak monster?#” They'd ask first. They'd continue in whichever language would get them a positive reaction, or assume it was best to continue speaking monster in case they got no reaction at all.

“#Anyhow, I'm sorry for us barging into your village just like that, awesome fleshy goop being! We totally didn't mean to intrude, we were sort-off looking for some missing folk! You haven't gooped them up like you just did with those soldiers, have you? That'd be rather unfortunate! I mean, you're totally one of the coolest most awesome horror creatures I've ever seen with all your lovely shades of red and your magnificent goopyness and gore, but gooping up people isn't good for happiness! Is there any chance I could convince you to stop doing so? If so, I've got an amazing business proposal! We'll bring some of the biggest, juiciest trees for you to meat-goop instead and you turn them into fleshy, then we slice off a few pieces of that to fry it and create some amazing organically harvest ethically sourced and cruelty free meat! Of course we won't take any more than you'd be willing to give us! Or if you don't want to give any at all, that'd also be fair! I mean, I'd rather not share my cotton either, although I didn't think anyone eats cotton? Either way, it'd totally be neat if you'd stop gooping people into more meat-goop~ Even though you look awesome doing it, it's just not that great for happiness, you know?#” Needlessly to say, they'd use [Smooth Talker A] on it, as they were trying their best to make a new friend here and friends were worth giving your all for!

Smooth Talker – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word/Tin Whistle] B, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown

A CD 0/5
Be CD 1/3
Ce CD 2/2

Rowan Thorn
1700618103268.png

Rowan looked shocked that the five men who were with Lucius were gone- just like that, leaving the group with this monstrosity to deal with it- hopefully before it became too much for them. They had to act, and if they could not act, they had to run. She didn’t want any more people to die to this monster. IF Zahrah could charm it, then they were welcome to, but Rowan doubted that even with how surprisingly charming the soft person was, the monster would listen, or be able to understand Zahrah. Well, the only one who she would think could do it was Zahrah.

“Grab the bottles and light them! I have the tinderbox for whoever’s going to light the bottles!” She would hand off the tinderbox to whoever would go to the bottles and who would light the bottles to make a lovely explosive.

To give a safer path for the fast runners, she casted outward, forming her barrier into a long cylindrical tunnel to the tavern, leading straight to the windows, hopefully giving whoever ran a pathway that the monster would have a hard chance getting through. Barriers appeared in curved square segments, fusing together to make a long narrow tube that could fit two people going together side by side, tall enough for an unusually large person to go through, and more importantly, off of the floor and covered so the tendrils wouldn’t be breaking through to grab them from below ground.

She tunneled it through the building, only separated the parts of it by the window, leaving whoever went through to break it themselves. She then climbed up her stairs until she was on the top stair, trying to casually get away from the creature that had swallowed Lucius’s men, slanting the stairs so that it headed towards the village. She peered out, ready to accommodate anyone who needed it with more barriers for whoever needed it, to reinforce any barriers, or to fill in any cracks in their defense. The barriers would hold, whoever decided they wanted to go up and out, if they needed to. If they decided that going up was the way out, she would create bigger and longer stairs, to go up through the trees, and out of the forest, as that would be their only visible way to escape.

2. Giving the tinderbox to whoever would get to the bottles/would light them

3. Moving up her stairs

Cooldowns:
E: 0/0
D: 0/1

Arkham Koenig

Zahrah whispering to Arkham made a chill run down his spine, and not the good kind. This person just kept him on high alert. As if a mass of flesh that just killed five mutes soldiers wasn't enough. That said, Noelle came up with a plan. It didn't involve him, but since Lucius lost his mutes soldiers, he opted for simply standing near the entrance of the tunnel made by Rowan, "I'll watch your backs, go get that booze!" And thus, Arkham stood guard, paying close attention to his surroundings to not get snuck up on, while also watching for the safety of those looking to enter the tavern. In the meantime, he sighed in exasperation when Zahrah, of all possible courses of action, decided to "talk it out" with the flesh monstrosity. Just, what was wrong with this person?...

Elvario Elvario slifer37 slifer37 Develius Develius conman2163 conman2163 Tellussoil Tellussoil

Ambience:

Lucius Gallicus

For his part Lucius ran along the tunnel of barriers. All around him fleshy tendrils shot out from houses in rapid lightning quick reaches before slamming into the barriers and finding no purchase. Instead of giving up on them however they began to wrap around the barriers. Not consuming but growing to cover the tunnel that was supposed to protect them. Upon reaching the end of the tunnel Lucius took his sword and smashed through the glass that separated them from the inside. It was do or die time with the alcohol from inside the tavern. Either they could make it across and get the bottles or this would end up being pointless and dangerous. Inside the tavern the bone plated tendrils began to gently swish back and forth, flicking like the tail of an agitated cat to grope blindly around the Tavern. One brushed a fully intact chair and immediately the whole thing wrapped around the wooden furniture and dashed it to pieces. A clear sign of strength and speed, that was undercut by an inability to see. Jebidiah and Noelle had suddenly frozen. Be it from nerves or other factors, luckily the pair of them were covered by the barriers that Rowan had made. They would likely need to move soon though.

The fleshy sacks that were growing the monsters slowly began to drain of the blood and pus that filled them. They disgorged their contents
2d057df0ad1e6d888d481d7b44eff7e7.jpg
on the ground in a foul smelling wave. The pod that Zahrah found themself in front of held the twisted body of an elf, the remains had bits of a shattered staff and broken magic crystal embedded in the arm. A fleshy mass of tendrils covered her body in thick bits of muscle and bony plates, bulking out her humanoid form to twice the size of what it had been with razor sharp bony talons. Her eyes had swollen so that the protruded from her skull, and the skin seemed to have grown puffy and swollen to support them around the outside of her sockets. A pendant that identified her as a member of the Adventurer's Guild was around her neck, and if Zahrah wasn't having too much of a cotton brained time they might come to the conclusion that this was originally one of the advance party of adventurers, now twisted into a mockery of what she originally was.

It seemed to barely comprehend Zahrah as she flitted between language to language. Finally when the cotton based life form settled on #Monster# as a language there was a note of recognition in the thing's eyes. The place where the elf's mouth had been was now covered in pink colored muscle with spikes protruding from where the mouth had been, but a split opened up in the chest of the creature to speak. #Why would we spaaaaare you food? You are meeeeeeeeeat to be consumed. Fleeeeeeeesh to be converted. The hive will not be deeeeeeenieeeeeeed it's meaaaaaaal. We must feeeeeeaaaaaaast and groooooooooow.# The voice that sounded within the chest of the flesh horror before Zahrah was burbling, throaty, and broken, often extending a word or two for no apparent reason. Whatever Zahrah did though caused the whole village to suddenly still. Even the growing mass around the tunnel of barriers ceased all movement for the moment. Unfortunately this did not stop the things in the pods from continuing to drain and the creatures inside to continue to form, but otherwise the words of Zahrah seemed to be effective.

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo
Mentions: conman2163 conman2163 | Rowan slifer37 slifer37 | Noelle Tellussoil Tellussoil | Arkham Valkan Valkan | Jebidiah Develius Develius
Languages: Common | #Monster#

The new friend they'd found surely was unique. They thought they recognised someone else in there, like an Elf or something, but they didn't look too well. Whatever they were, it was clear they were a meat-goop now. Well, that solved what happened to Hitsy's friends! Not a good ending, but at least it'd give him closure, right? Either way, that was a worry for later. For now, they had a new friend to chat with~

“#What? No, no, I'm not meat~ I'm almost 100% organically harvested cotton, my mom told me so~#” They'd cheerfully replied to their new friend. Although their friend's voice was a tad harsh, Zahrah was already happy enough to have made a connection. “#I mean, feasting and growing sounds nice and all, but you have to think about sustainability! What if you feast and grow until you can feast and grow no more, then what? You'd just be bored and stuck and dull. Instead, why don't you find a better, more sustainable, more fun way to live! For example, taking the deal I suggested~ If we give you wood to meatify you can surely grow in a much more sustainable and environmentally friendly manner! It'd also allow you to grow with a whole let less people getting unhappy and wanting to come murder you! It'd be a big win-win!#”

As they were talking, they realised the immeasurably large untapped potential present for them. If this thing only knew to feast and grow, there was a whole world out there for them to explore! “#Besides, I could totally teach you about the many more things that are worthwhile endeavours in life! Whilst growing and feasting might be great, they're far from the only great things, you know! You can start getting into art, for example! I now there's a whole genre of art dedicated to being such as yourself, they call it horror, which I'm sure you'd be great for! You could make self-portraits, or become a model for it! It'd be wonderful! Or perhaps rather than just meatifying everything, you could start to appreciate actual fine cuisine! I haven't eaten a thing before myself, but I'm told that a good chef can really spread a huge amount of happiness through simple meals! Or, perhaps, you can watch some plays! Theatre is pretty neat and I'm sure it exists in this word! Or, or, perhaps someone can teach you an instrument! No, no, a whole band! With so many goop-limbs and goop-bodies, you could be a whole orchestra! You might be the first one-goop-orchestra in the entire world! Wouldn't that be amazing? You could become really popular and ask people to donate logs or something for you to feast upon after each performance!#” They were really getting themselves hyped up with these ideas.

That said, there was more! “#Oh, oh, what if you learn how to meat-goop into different shapes? I bet you could be great at putting up a theatre yourself if you can have all your goop-bodies act together! Wouldn't that be cool? You couldn't just be the musical's orchestra, but also it's actors! I'm sensing an unlimited potential for revolutionary shows, a happiness market nobody has ever thought off before! We can call it... 'The Fleshgoop Theatre of Horror and Meat!' or... maybe not, the name would need some work! Perhaps you know any better ones? #” They'd ask their new friend, eagerly awaiting their answer.

Of course, they wouldn't speak this without [Smoother Talker] backing them up. Besides, they could even add a bit of a bonus. “#Oh, by the way, would you like some rope? I've brought more than enough for the both of us!#”

Smooth Talker – Character Grade C, Appraisal C, Empathy C, Insight C, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word] C, Persuasion C, Seduction C, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade Ce – 2 Post Cooldown

Rowan Thorn​

rowan.jpg
Rowan had more tricks up her sleeve than just barriers. Well, technically, the extra magic she could do were additions to her barriers, but they were sperate magics on their own. She wished she could just drop a large explosion on the area, but the bottles were the best bet for now.

If Zahrah's smooth talking didn't work she would have to do something drastic to keep the thing down. She cast magic towards the the creature, intending to calm it down, slow it down, and make it unable to move, giving Lucius enough time to get the bottles without getting harassed by the creature.

Either way, afterward, she would fortify the barrier as best as she could with more barriers, so Lucius wouldn't get as much damage done to him, if the flesh decided to come after him.

Arkham Koenig

Seeing as there was a bit of dissonance in what the group wanted to do, Arkham was a bit lost on what to do. Seeing as Rowan was helping Lucius on his endeavor to get the fuel to burn this monstrosity off, the swordsman carefully treaded towards Zahrah. Something he was hesitant to do, firstly because of Zahrah and their new friend whom they somehow were striking a conversation with, but secondly, because he noticed the guild pendant. Meaning one slip-up of any of them, and they'd end up like this. Regardless, all he did for now was stand guard on high alert near Zahrah. Keeping a watchful eye everywhere as he moved, because no way in hell he was entrusting his back to the pink maniac, and Rowan and the others were either busy, or too frightened to move after Lucius' men were turned into pancakes...

Noelle Nichi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With: conman2163 conman2163 ~ Elvario Elvario ~ Valkan Valkan ~ slifer37 slifer37 ~ Develius Develius
abilities:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All hell broke loose as the flesh blob came to life and now actively started to attack the group. Why was it doing that all of a sudden? Did it notice them there? And was it even sentient or was it merely a spasmic reaction to the presence of other creatures? Nobody knows at this moment. Then before anyone could react the men of Lucius got crushed and dragged into the flesh thing. This seriously started to look bad. Noelle also saw those big boils in which terrifying creatures grew.
The others seem to have gone with her reckless plan to try and make improvised bombs. But Noelle was frozen in place in fear. How would they ever be able to kill such an extreme amount of flesh? Even if they can get the bombs. It is just too much!

Luckily for the group, Rowan's barriers were able to stop the monster’s wave of attack. But the fleshy mass covered the whole barrier tunnel, now making them quite literally trapped. "This is bad! This is so bad! I never should have taken this job!! I should have something simple around the campus… or I should have done what I always did. Just play around some busy city and earn money that way" Noelle ducked down holding her head with her hands. It was waiting now till the flesh broke the barrier and they all were consumed. But then the flesh stopped. Noelle looked up. "Why did it stop?" she wondered. And then she noticed Zahrah wasn’t with them anymore. Where did that cotton brain go? Did it get consumed by the flesh thing? She hoped the cotton knight was okay.

Noelle took a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down. The sound of breaking glass caught the little mermaid’s attention. She saw Lucius had bashed in the window of the inn and Arkham standing guard. No one seems to be eager to climb through the window to try and get the bottles. Then Noelle herself has to do it. Seems fair as this madwoman’s plan was hers to begin with. She clenched her fist gathering all her courage and ran towards the inn. "I’m going in!" With that she jumped and climbed through the window. Quick in, get the bottles, quick out. This should be easy. But when she softly landed inside, she noticed the tentacles from the roof. She quickly covered her mouth with her hands before she could let out a yelp and pressed herself against the wall as she saw how the tentacles swayed around and how one completely demolished a chair when it touched it. Fortunately, the things seem unable to see her. So if she remains quiet and out of their way they should not know that she was there. She hoped the tentacles would be unable to reach the wall where she was now or else she might be in big trouble.

Ambience:

Lucius Gallicus

The whole of the creature seemed to settle and go dormant as the pressing weight of Smooth Talker and Ranged KO both bore down on them. The previously active tendrils completely stilled, all creatures except the converted elf drooped slowly to the ground. As if in a trance the final monster muttered it's next words dispassionately, lacking most of the forced gutteral sounds it had made attempting to raise it's voice to an earsplitting octave. #No huuuuunting? Food without wooooork. We couuuuld groooooooow then. Grooooooow and beeeecommmmme strooooong.# The creature still dragged out the syllables of the sentences unnecessarily, stumbling over the words like a tourist reading off of a quick translation book. It swayed back and forth unsteadily.

Nearby at the church there was a sudden roiling of flesh and tissue and the whole thing shifted. Nearby flesh was drained out of the environment and the tendrils turned into a house sized orange flower made of tissue and muscle. At the center of the flower was a glowing orange eye. Like a weak spot for a boss in a video game.

Inside the bar with the tendrils now lying dormant Lucius darted forward to grab a few bottles of alcohol and take them outside quickly. He carefully made his way across the ruined bar
monster-with-flower-like-eye-large-orange-eye_909213-122.jpg
and snagged several bottles of high proof alcohol before running back outside. He had no idea how to craft anything with them nor even why they would be necessary to anyone for the purposes of making fire, but he had more than enough sense then to ask question that just simply didn't need to be asked. The group had some sort of plan for using them to make fire and that was enough for him.

As the large eye coalesced into existence it blinked once, then twice. Then it looked from where it was and into the city, the large pupil dilating as it fixed on both Zahrah and the monster near it. #Oooooooooor we couuuuld eeeeeeeat yoooou. Absoooooorb yooooour streeeeength...# It left the sentence open ended. A push one way or another could be decisive in bringing and early end to the violence. If that failed though one could clearly see the importance of such an exposed organ out in the open and no longer hiding.

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

They were happy their new friend was opening up to them. “#Yes, yes~ It'd be an amazing deal~ You'd be able to run this place as an amazing attraction in exchange for food! No need to fight or kill over it!#” They proudly proclaimed again, glad their efforts were bearing fruit.

It's why they were sad when the creature went back to calling about absorbing them. “#No, no, no~ That won't do! Absorbing me is bad for happiness, absorbing people in general is. Besides, I'm just 99% organically harvest cotton. See~#” They mentioned, as they stretched out their hand for the creature to feel it. “#Besides, besides, besides, absorbing strength isn't everything, you know! There's so much more goodness to gain in this world! Like making friends and having fun and, oh, I'll show you a good one!#” They stated as they move over to attempt to give the creature a hug. “#Hugging! Surely this is way better than absorbing, right? Right? Right?#” They'd ask it with some [Smooth Talker] C in there.

Smooth Talker – Character Grade C, Appraisal C, Empathy C, Insight C, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word] C, Persuasion C, Seduction C, Energised C Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade C Energised – 2 Post Cooldown

A CD 2/5
Be CD 3/3
Ce CD 0/2

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
"Lucius!" Rowan called to the Roman, hoping to get the man's attention, so he would come to meet her. She had the means to make the alcohol into explosive devices. If Arkhan could get close enough to set the bottles on fire, then all the better.
Rowan pulled out the string she had and the tinderbox as she went to Lucius, getting down from her own barrier stairs to meet up with the man. "Here." Rowan said, helping the man divide tinder into the bottles, pulling apart string to dip directly into the alcohol to make a makeshift wick for as many of the bottles that Lucius could pull out from the tavern.

With her magic, she would create a few funnels around the vulnerable part of the slime, allowing for the alcohol to spread as far as it could, while also allowing for any fire users (Arkhan) to aim directly at the creature, creating more of a bulls-eye scenario. The alcohol would cover as much of the creature as possible to maximize the amount it could be set on fire.

Ambience:

Lucius Gallicus

The creature seemed to ponderously deliberate on the words of the cotton creature in front of it. For an agonizing several moments the creature swayed and watched Zahrah with the swollen orbs of flesh. The efforts of Smooth Talker seemed to do it for a moment as the creature reached out with one mangled limb to grasp Zahrah's own hand with surprising delicacy. It paused for a moment to caress the hand. #Hugs are better?#
It asked in a confused tone, even as Zahrah gave it a hug. The creature mimicked what Zahrah was doing, bringing it's other horrifying limb about to wrap around the back of the cotton based lifeform. It became quickly apparent that the already borderline animalistic creature was being instinctually triggered by the sudden contact with another lifeform. The fact that Zahrah was cotton did not seem to bother it. All around Zahrah the flesh turned to an oozing paste. It wrapped around them and coated them in a thick and viscous slime. Zahrah would undoubtedly begin to feel massive amounts of pain as the liquid flesh combined with hard bone began to wrap around and constrict them before being quickly followed by a sensation of being dissolved atom by atom. Starting with the exterior of their skin, it was now a race against time to see if Zahrah could survive the onslaught of the creature long enough for them to kill the whole flesh hive.​

Now outside the bar and unclear what to do with the alcohol Lucius agonized looking around. Thankfully Rowan was quick to assist, and with their guidance they quickly put together several hastily constructed molotovs. A short ways away the whole structure of the church shuddered and collapsed, the shifting weight of the creature within compromising it. A great cloud of dust briefly blew up around the house sized creature as it formed several massive limbs and began to drag itself down the main avenue towards where Zahrah was being absorbed. The massive glowing eye still presented a tempting target. Once he noticed that the fire making kit Rowan had was devoid of fire making implements Lucius himself was quick to draw out his own flint and steel and strike at the wicks. He quickly lit one and then a second before standing up and starting to run at the creature, leaving the flint and steel behind for whoever tried with him.

Zahrah Fiore

latest

Astolfo

For a moment, Zahrah was greatly enjoying their new friendship. Bringing the creature in for a horrifyingly precious hug. Sadly enough, the hug got a tad uncomfortable, even by Zahrah's standards. “#Now, I'm not one to normally complain about being a little rough, but I think goopifying someone isn't an ideal part of a.. a... hug...#” They tried to nicely say, but then they registered something really weird. This was... the warning signal that living beings had towards their bodies being in trouble, wasn't it? This was... pain. Yes they were in pain. How odd. It wasn't the good kind of pain either. It was a pretty bad kind. The one that somehow made them loose focus, like there was some sort of error on their drivers.

“#Ehmhmh... a liiiitttllele less rough pleaaaase...?#” They asked, trying to get some sense into the creature as they were being goopified and felt like their precious cotton-based skin and body was starting to melt and dissolve. This was not as planned. Although they weren't exactly afraid, they did start to get worried. If they'd get fully flesh-gooped, how in the world were they going to be able to continue their research? That'd be horrible! They'd no longer be able to do so? Worse, they'd never be able to meet Tiefy again! Or any of their other friends! Oh, no, oh no! That was horrible! The terrifying thought forced into doing something they'd never even consider in any other occasion. They wanted to break out of this 'hug' they were taken by.

First, they struggled by just being [Dodgy] and trying to resist this goopifying process whilst trying to wriggle and squirm out of the creatures grasp. They also had some [Regeneration] that might kick in, but it didn't seem to be enough.

Dodgy – Resilient B [Ageing/Fatigue/Fear/Tangle/Incapacitated], Elasticity E, Energised B – Character is able to resist a lot and can contort their body well to dodge enemies. - Grade B Energised – 3 Post Cooldown

Considering they were already fully covered in the goop, they'd likely need something even more. Something even dodgier or even more resistant. Otherwise they'd not make it out of this... To their surprise, however, their cotton pieces started to fully fall apart as they would [Fall to Pieces]. The cottony goodness attempting to float, drift and be blown away from the flesh-goop monster.

[Special Movement [Fall to Pieces] F (0 points, 14 to upgrade) - your body can disassemble as part of an action in order to navigate various obstacles and attacks. While disassembled or in process of disassembling, you can still move.

rowan.jpg

Rowan Thorn
Rowan reached out to help Zahrah run from the creature, using her barrier to scoop up as much of Zahrah as it could, covering the pieces that were free of the goop monster. She would shape it around Zahrah, so the parts that were acidic wouldn't melt the rest of her. She threw it hastily on the on others and herself, but she focused her attention on Zahrah and Lucius, the ones in the most danger.

"Zahrah, get out of the way! Come here!" Rowan called to her, hoping the dissolving fluff would listen and come to her. If worse came to worse, she would make her barrier moves on its own and gtfo with whoever survived.

Then, after everyone got one of her most powerful barriers, she would try to get the creature to quiet down so Lucius could throw fire on it without the slime retaliating, calming it enough so Lucius could land the attack with maximum accuracy. Magic would come from Rowan's casting, soothing in the same way getting a rag of cloroform would, where the person would struggle initially, but would succumb to unconsciousness.

She would then take the flint and steel, using it to set up more bottles for Lucius to throw, as her Strength and Precision were F, which means that is not something that was advised she do. Her best bet was helping Lucius throw the bottles, setting this creature ablaze.
  • Ranged KO- Incapacitate C, Range D, Energize D, Duration D, Targets D, AOE F- KO people at long distances- D Grade- 1 Post Cooldown
3. Set up more molotov cocktails for Lucius

Ambience:

Lucius Gallicus

The creature roared in dissatisfaction as it's prey slipped from the goopy gasp of death that was slowing dissolving it into pieces for nourishment to the hive mind. It swung what was left of it's arms in a futile attempt to grab the pieces of Zahrah that were escaping, but it's current gel like state merely caused specks of flesh to be flung everywhere and the creature to fall over into an oozing roiling mass of flesh and tissue that was attempting to reform itself into a new hateful thing to devour Zahrah. However a timely intervention from Rowan prevented the creature from doing much else as the hive mind was affected once again by [Ranged KO]. The creature fell dormant and stopped moving even as in the distance the main body of the flesh slowed briefly on it's approach.​

Without much obvious help being apparent on the part of Zahrah or the other members of the party Lucius looked towards the creature and shook his head with a sigh before tossing aside his sword and picking up a second bottle. He would have to get close to it in order to throw the molotov as he only had [Precision E] and had never thrown a weapon like this before. He'd heard stories of some Easterners using a weapon called a naphatune that was somewhat similar, but this was not one of them. In a quick movement he was running, closing the distance to the creature quickly as possible. Once within comfortable throwing range for the bottle he cocked back and threw the first, then the second bottle. It flew through the air in an arc as the flesh monster observed him lethargically with it's one great eye. The second bottle soon followed and in a moment the creature was screaming in agony as the eye was doused with brilliant flame. The alcohol coated the eye and the air filled with the smell of roasting flesh as it thrashed about suddenly. It ponderously stepped towards Lucius scratching at it's eye. The movements only served to spread the flame however, as the flesh seemed for one reason or another particularly flammable. In mere seconds the creature was engulfed in flame. It fell to the cobbled streets and thrashed violently, but in just a few minutes it soon fell still.

Along with it the rest of the village stilled as well. The hivemind that had been controlling all of the tendrils was dead and the creatures it had spawned fell over and became piles of meat that quickly began to rot. Fire started to spread across the village from the creature's corpse. However above them the clouds began to pour once more and quickly doused the fires. The brief respite from the rain ended as if it too had been held back by the creature that had burnt to death in the middle of the town's market. It marked the end to the madness that the village had been engulfed in. In the aftermath the team found no survivors. This was news that Hitsverg took especially hard as he had lived and trained with those that had died in the town for many years. Lucius took time after the battle to dig graves in the clearing just before the wall. There he buried as many of the inhabitants of the village as he could with the help of Hitsverg and whomever was willing. They said a few quiet words over the dead and then they both left. Lucius would report the destruction of the village when he returned for payment.
THE END

Isekai Hell Grade

Aftermath

The group successfully slew the hivemind that was controlling the creatures in the area. However the village was destroyed in the process. But for the time being peace is slowly starting to return to the region. Though there are still many frightened from the recent event.

Rewards:

Lucius- 60 Points
Acquired optional title - [Monster Slayer] - This character has taken part in a monster hunt and successfully subjugated the target. Earning themselves valuable experience in that field.

Zahrah- 39 Points
Achieved intermediate Evolution
Acquired Optional Title- [Evolved] - gain the title evolved. Something about your physiology or aura identifies to others you are of a higher species than your peers. Gain a +1 to social exchanges with others of your racial tree.
Acquired optional title - [Monster Slayer] - This character has taken part in a monster hunt and successfully subjugated the target. Earning themselves valuable experience in that field.

Arkham- 17 Points

Jebidiah- 32 Points

Noelle- 40 Points

Rowan - 30 Points

Nacht - ??? Points DM me if you want points.

mentions: Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 slifer37 slifer37 Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman Develius Develius Tellussoil Tellussoil Valkan Valkan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back