• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Four Suits: Of Gods & Devils - IC Thread (Vol. 4)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
T O L L A M B E R , V I E R
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze @Rosa Kane

Nathaniel's fears weren't misplaced as Captain Beacon seemed to not like him already and he could feel the cold sweat breaking out of his body. He managed to stand his ground but anyone with two functional eyes and knew him for more than two days would realize that he was shaking. Facing beasts were far easier than facing such confidently strong people - at least it was easier to escape beasts whose concerns were mostly territorial based. His nervousness was eased by the other person - Elijah - as she waved at him and he gave a small smile back with a small bow of his head.

Howard smirked beside Vier, tilting his head ever so slightly to her and Vier looked pleased. "A ship that can fly and go underwater? You really didn't spare any expense." The mercenary commented, a smile now on his face as she gained a deeper appreciation for the vessel. She doubted anyone would think of this being a waste of money - if they are able to get their hands on artefact, then every expense spent on the voyage will be justified. An artefact is worth multiple ships just like these. Especially this one.

As the captain readied the sails, Nathaniel breathed easy and had retreated back - idly looking around. Vier turned to Wysteria as she gave the final question and the mercenary smiled. "I never break my contract. And neither do my companions."

They were always in danger no matter what happened anyway. If there was a possibility for her rank to go up among the organization and have a bit more renown, that would go a long way for Vier. More quests to come in meant more money or experience - sometimes, they might even give her and her group something more than just money. Items. Land. Magic. No matter what, everything would be worth it if they finish this quest alive. She just hoped that they all came out of it very much alive.

Vier turned to Elijah with a smile, unreadable at first but there was a hint of confidence in her. They were cut from the same cloth after all - any mercenary is not afraid of death. If they were, they wouldn't be in this profession.

Zephyr _Twig_ Terwilliger.png
Twig couldn't blame Guin for feeling angry. He was trying to keep his cool as much as she was, although he found that it was easier to keep calm when he was being occupied with a cup of tea. As he was about to pour Guin a cup of tea as well, a surprising amount of force knocked Twig's head back as a piece of chocolate bounced off of his head and into his cup of tea. Twig didn't bother taking it out, instead, he took a cautious drink of the tea. The bitter, rich dark chocolate in it didn't taste too bad paired with the earthy tea, so Twig left it as it was.

The newcomers in the room were honestly quite a nuisance. The Aces were not quite invited per say, but Twig felt that the Ace of Spades being present might be fine, considering it gave them an advantage. What was annoying however was the presence of the Ace's wife, who Twig was certain was not a royal. Yet despite that, she had a look of haughtiness about her. It did mean one less noble to get in the way though. Wren Insignia, the Queen of Clubs, was immature and unserious; it was obvious she didn't care too much about her kingdom. But while that may have been okay, what wasn't okay was that she felt the need to join the meeting and sow disorder and chaos. X by himself was enough, with Queen Insignia in the mix, it was near unbearable. But Twig knew he had to bear with it. It was the Queen of Clubs after all.

"I wouldn't be surprised if everyone used to be a part of the circus," Twig replied to Guin. He took a sip of his chocolate tea and grimaced. Who was he lying to? The tea tasted awful. Twig stood up and opened a window, where he dumped the contents of his teacup out of. He then closed the window and returned to his seat as if nothing had happened, and poured himself a fresh cup of tea.

"Don't let them get a rise out of you," Twig advised Guin, "That's what they want. Here, have some tea. The meeting will start soon. We can rein them in then."

Twig poured a cup of tea for Guin as well and pushed it towards her. As he did so, he leaned over to get a glimpse of the note that Guin was holding. The contents were... oh no. Oh no. That was definitely not good. Twig couldn't blame Guin for acting how she did.

"Thank you for keeping your lieges in check," Twig said to Iris with a gentle smile. It was a classic move of positive reinforcement. He hoped that Iris would be able to continue keeping the Club royals from blowing the roof off the castle before the meeting started.

He knew that it would be improper to not back up Guin, so Twig also faced X and said one single word, although it had a level of coldness that almost seemed uncharacteristic of the gentle and kindhearted Joker: "Vasectomy."

. D O V E . D O V E LazyDaze LazyDaze TPBx TPBx The Prophet The Prophet Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Last edited:
Myles Rein.png
"Very true, pure power is just as good as magic," Myles said. Argossia relied on brawn and technology. Ornare relied on magic. Each was intolerable to the other. But Myles didn't see how the two of them couldn't co-exist.

When Declan said something about Myles liking Cilantro, Myles felt his heart rate spike suddenly, although he did his best to keep his reaction under the radar. Then he realized that wasn't Declan meant, and he relaxed a bit.

"Yes, I hope I was able to prevent him from doing something unwise," Myles said as he grabbed a chip after Declan, "But I wouldn't say that we were like a mentor and a student. More like two pals helping each other through life."

Indeed, Myles didn't think of himself as 'more' than Cilantro. Cilantro had an open heart and an open mind, and he was a fantastic best friend for Myles, who initially had none to speak of. In turn, Myles's maturity provided what he hoped was like a guiding star to Cilantro's path. They were like two peas in a pod. Even their combined fighting style was all about coexistence rather than one person being better than the other. Cilantro took care of the defense while Myles took care of the offense.

When Declan began moving down the hallway, Myles followed with quite a bit of interest. What was it that he found so interesting? Then he saw the food cart, and Myles immediately understood. It was a perfect opportunity to mess with the royals, or even better, to scout out the situation. There would also be a good opportunity to say hi to Guin, Twig, Frey, and X. Myles returned Declan's smirk with a mischievous grin, "I like what you're putting down."

"Where should I put this?" Myles asked the crowd of chefs as he waved the bowl of chips. Fortunately for him, the question was answered for him: Nowhere. A duck flew through the kitchen and snatched the bowl from Myles's grasp.

"Quackity quack, I have your snack!" the duck declared triumphantly, "And boy, you're not getting it back!"

"No!" a chef shouted, "Get that duck!"

"Oswald!" Myles reprimanded the duck, although he was laughing as he did so. The loss of the chips wasn't too bad. Myles had the recipe written down after all. He took a moment to cool down from the unexpected situation, then he turned around and he grasped the cart and with a wink, followed Declan's lead, "Alright, let's do this thing!"

AI10100 AI10100

Amycus's CS can be found here. This quest will be conducted like a Dungeons and Dragons campaign.

Even though the day was young and the members of the RATAR retinue worked hard, taking only a break during noon to socialize and have some sandwiches, they still weren't able to find the lair even as the sun went down. Granted, Art's group of soldiers worked like machines. The landscape, which once was a green hilltop with a few trees dotting the landscape had now been reduced to an ugly brown color as dirt was unearthed. There was a lot of land left unexplored and green though, and in the area that they had explored, Caroline's ring registered nothing.

For many of the soldiers, their optimism was waning. It seemed that this rumor was just that-- a rumor. There was a lot of area left to explore though, so the soldiers hung on to their hopes. This was the chance for riches after all.

But as the sun dipped below the surface of the world and the soldiers had to light torches in order to see where they were going, it was obvious that even if the Thief Lair was there, they wouldn't be finding it that day. Even with the fire, many of the soldiers could hardly see what they were doing, and there was a good chance that they would miss anything they discovered. The soldiers were getting fatigued. Not to mention there were many nocturnal monsters, which all came out during the night.

A young soldier with dark black hair, sanguine eyes, and serious-looking eyeglasses approached Art from the dig site, his face and clothing covered in dirt. Art would recognize him as Amycus, a noble of no particular significant standing, other than his unique affinity for Spider Breath.

"Sir, I think we should stop for today," Amycus suggested, "We're all tired and I think we would be more productive tomorrow."

Remembrance Remembrance

S A R M I E N T O , D E C L A N

Interacting with: Coyote Hart Coyote Hart | Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum LazyDaze LazyDaze . D O V E . D O V E TPBx TPBx The Prophet The Prophet

"A partner in crime eh?" Declan responded. He wondered when the last time he had something like that. He's cycled through many during his life - each one teaching him a new thing. But none ever sticking and that's not because they died. No, all of them were very much alive. It's just that they move on to people they synergize better with. "Good luck, by the by. Don't let him go and don't let him do things he'll regret and you two should be fine." He reached out and patted Myles's shoulder.

The telepath was glad that Myles had caught on so quickly. He watched as Myles asked the chefs about where he should put his chips on when Oswald the duck suddenly dove into the kitchen and grabbed the bowl and flew away again. Declan had an amused smile on his face, leaning slightly onto his cart as he watched the chefs scramble to get Oswald but the he had already made his way out with the bowl of chips.

He wondered when Oswald had arrived here but sometimes it was best to not question it.

He pumped his hand upwards before moving forward. They rolled down the halls of the palace in Valencia, a couple of servants passing by them and giving them a questioning gaze before Declan just smiled at them. Having the position of Guin's personal telepath came with its own perks - one of them being not having to be questioned on what he's doing. He could be sleeping at some unnatural place, he could enter the kitchen, he could do anything and he'd be fine. At least, until any of the royalty questioned him. But as long as that doesn't happen, then everything would be fine.

The duo reached the meeting room and he looked at Myles. "Ready or not." Declan knocked onto the door before reaching out to Guin to alert her what they had. Once he was given the go to bring in the snacks, Declan opened the door.

The energy inside the room was definitely different from the outside - but it wasn't in the way Declan expected it to be. There was still that overbearing presence of everyone inside the room - no doubt. These were the most powerful people in their respective kingdoms after all, all gathered in one room to discuss... whatever was going to happen next. But it wasn't oppressive... had the meeting not started yet? Declan had thought they were already getting somewhere.

He pushed the cart inside so that Myles could enter as well before dropping down to one knee, knowing Myles would follow. Such etiquettes were just well known among them, especially for those who were assigned to infiltrations like them. "Your highnesses." He greeted, hiding the grin on his face as with a bowed head. They were all here. He couldn't believe it. Declan knew it had happened multiple times before, but he'd never been so close to one. So close to all of them. He patiently waited for them to be regarded and to be allowed by their queen to continue with what they were doing.

Elijah Addison Saar

Elijah listened rather intently to Wysteria, information about the island was feeding her curiosity that can never be satisfied for the mystery of the ocean is vast. There was more than one secret to uncover. She was getting more and more excited about this adventure and she is here for it despite the danger.

The more Wysteria talked of the Red Pigeon's features, the more at awe Elijah was. She felt like a child getting showered with presents. Her eyes were shining and her smile was bright as the sun. "Back out? Captain Beacon, you must be pulling my leg. This is... everything that I could dream of. An adventure of a lifetime in a marvelously crafted ship." She let out rather excitedly, something which made Eadrik clear his throat as a sign to get a hold of herself.

She gave him a look before looking back to both of the captains with a grateful look. "Of course, I'm also here to share my expertise in sailing if the need arises. I am a Saar after all, the Sea is our expertise." And if she had her chance she would have joined the Club's Navy but alas. Sandra wouldn't let her.

Elijah noticed Vier's eyes on her, skipping over to the mercenary and offering a hand whilst flashing a bright smile. "It'll be a pleasure working with you, miss." She missed the other woman's name, but her words were genuine despite not having any sort of introduction. She also gave a wave to the other man before Eadrick pulled her away out of earshot.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked with worry, he might be a mere help in the Saar family but Elijah was important to him and he'd rather that she doesn't throw herself in such dangers.

She could only give him a gentle look, he has always been such a worrier, sometimes even more than Sandra did. "Don't worry, we have very capable people here with us." She tapped his cheek lightly and walked back to the group with confidence in her stride, her companion right behind her. "I, for one am very excited about this journey." She said to him with a light nudge to his arm.

Eadrick could only give a defeated sigh as he then smiled to her, "As long as it's with you."

mention: || interaction: LazyDaze LazyDaze AI10100 AI10100

Jyotiranjana Baila

“We aren’t dragging her in,” Jana folded her arms across her chest, a frown adorning her face. She paused to actually think about it some; were they dragging Sera into their brawls? She shook her head. “Don’t blame us for something that wasn’t caused by us, but to us. Besides, I don’t think she regrets it.” She shrugged. “And I still think we did good by bringing her here.”

It was a rare time she did a good deed, and there was no chance she would let that good deed turn into a mistake. Sera came here happy, and she would stay here happy. And while she often broke promises, this one was one she’d try her best to keep. She tapped a foot on the now much cleaner floor, contemplating for the first time the number of people she would have to beat up to keep her Argossian niece out of trouble. If royals caught wind… bah, who cares. Whoever comes is whoever gets beat up.

Her thoughts of beating up those double-dealing royals with deep, deep pockets were interrupted by Callum’s lament of the helm. Jana made a face and complained, “The search for the helm was already plain maddening, and they made it worse. It’s not like it can teleport, jumping all over the place in gossipy villager’s mouths.” She wrinkled her brows. “Or can it?”

At the pessimistic turn their conversation took, she looked him in the eye and snorted. “He’s a blasted bandit. It’ll never end, not if he has more to exploit.” She grinned. “But that just means we have to make so there’s no more to exploit, aye?”

Interactions: AI10100 AI10100 | Mentions: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Art de Glace and Caroline EarnestWith the day waning, Art watched as the sun let down and the sky turn a bright orange along the horizon. Art saw as his men fade with the loss of their optimism, he himself was feeling the effects of the long day. For him, he saw this as necessary work in order to achieve funding and greater power. Ebel and Art himself wanted their company to achieve a status similar to such companies as the Merchant's Guild or even the more radical Assassin's Guild. Art knew of the status of the Assassin's Guild far too well, his being there warranting a lot of danger on both him and his partners'.

With unearthed dirt under his feet and the sweat of countless diggings and marching, Art opted to stop the search for the night. As he got ready to signal the retinue to stop searching, he was approached by one of his men: Amycus. A noble Art couldn't care less for and a practitioner of a style called Spider Breath. Art had once inquired about the style and he didn't enjoy what he heard. He saw this unique style as a poor imitation of his own style. Though Art saw to it to avoid disliking the man because of a simple opinion pertaining to a rather harmless style, though this wasn't to say Art didn't hold any ill will towards the man. He simply divides business from pleasure.

Amycus suggested they stop; a thought Art had already run through his mind. "I had a similar thought." Art replied. He rallied everyone to form into a group and took a moment of contemplation as to how he can address the retinue in a fair manner.

"The day has been long. Our search was even longer. We have done well." Art spoke with a proud tone, wanting to come off as at least worthy of the respect he has been given. "I said before that I expected great things and that expectation of mine has been fulfilled. You've done great men and I believe we are closer to finding this lair than anybody else on the entirety of Yune. Take note of that! We're achieving something nobody has!" Art reaffirmed the retinue. "For tonight, however, we all deserve a rest. Let's set up camp and rest for the night! I will have to require some of you to volunteer yourselves to guard, you lot will get your rest when the retinue is safe."

Art dismissed the retinue, a handful of soldiers came up as volunteers and he himself did pick out a few to guard even though they didn't want to. Though he promised them not only their rest and a reward for their work after the quest is finished.

With a slight case of exhaustion, Art pulled himself towards Caroline who was sitting with little care, looking up at the stars. As soon as Art opened his mouth, Caroline interjected. "The stars. We always happen to see the brightest ones. The ones who put themselves out there, though I do have to wonder where the dim stars lie. The filth that hide under our noses; I can only wonder what they plan and do to be among the clean." Caroline took a deep breath. "So, what do you need?"

Art was puzzled by Caroline's speech but this was the first time she was talking to him during this search so he didn't have any complaints. "Have you seen anything? Has your ring seen anything?" Art asked.

Caroline looked down at her ring. "No." She resumed her gaze up onto the night sky.

Art exhaled a groan. "By Stryker's bones." Art swore before joining Caroline in her gaze at the stars.
Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Myles Rein.png
Don't let him go... Myles had thought that he had been a bit too clingy with Cilantro. But based on the older man's advice, what Myles was doing seemed to be the right thing.

Despite the few weird glances at Myles and Declan, Myles continued following Declan as if nothing was wrong. In his past experience, he knew that if he acted like he was right where he belonged, even if he really wasn't, many people wouldn't bother to stop and question him. And then he'd be like the Gray Man, and those doubters would quickly forget that Myles had even been present. Declan's respectable position as Guin's personal telepath also helped tremendously in making their presence seem less odd.

Myles let Declan take the lead in going inside the meeting room, and he echoed Declan by dropping to one knee, placing a hand on his breast, and lowering his head in respect, "Your highnesses."

This wasn't Myles's first rodeo. He had served high ranking members of the kingdom before, and he didn't have the same blind hatred for them as Cilantro did. But this was something completely different. Not only did this look absolutely different-- X was slouched over, Queen Insignia was sitting incorrectly in her chair, Guin looked like she was about to have an aneurysm, and Twig was pointedly ignoring the Clubs-- but this was the first time that he had seen so many of the top of each kingdom. The room radiated power. And he was in it. A simple gray man, where he could do any action, sabotage anything, and he'd only be forgotten as that 'one servant.' Myles had a polite smile on his face, but this thought brought a devilish tinge into it as he waited for Guin to recognize and allow them to continue.

Oh, how fun this was all going to be!

AI10100 AI10100 . D O V E . D O V E LazyDaze LazyDaze The Prophet The Prophet TPBx TPBx Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Amycus's CS can be found here. The drunkard Druid's stats are thus: 300/100. Remembrance Remembrance

It was a good night to talk about things regarding the stars. The sky was graced with a new moon, allowing for the stars to shine bright and proudly, even those which may have seemed dirty in comparison to the ones shining bright and proud. But when the moon appears and its magnificent light blocks out even the prideful, shining stars, would Caroline say the same thing?

Caroline and Art's peace and quiet was interrupted by the sound of commotion in the east. From the faraway torches of the guards, a verbal altercation was visible. An old man, dressed in rags and with a gaudy circlet made of twigs and leaves, was swaying unsteadily as he tried to get past the guards. He was certainly filthy, but likely not in the way that Caroline meant when she talked about the stars.

"Just lemme 'o see you boss!" the old man's loud slurring words traveled across the campsite to where Art and Caroline were, "I speak foh duh dirt and this iz not okay!"

It seemed that the aggressive digging had angered a druid.

Guineverre Victoria y Blanca

Guin sat back on her seat, her movement drained of any vigor and her face devoid of emotions. She was so tired, so tired that she was starting to look like a withering plant rather than the composed, regal queen she usually was. A big part of her wondered why she was even trying. The Clubs obviously didn't have the word etiquette in their dictionary. It was ridiculous how the Joker plant, who has no royal education whatsoever, has better manners than both the King and Queen combined. Her dead eyes then moved to Iris as she spoke for her royalties. 'Customs? ' Who was she kidding? Guin wouldn't even need her spies to tell her this kind of behavior wasn't their custom. It was obviously a poorly made excuse, but she could frankly understand. If she was in the assistant's boots then she'd probably do no better. That was how impossible making convincing excuses for these jesters were. So, instead of pointing it out, she simply sat there with a defeated look on her face.

She was genuinely thankful for Twig's presence. He was probably her sanity's last anchor during this blasted meeting. Blasted meeting... She was wholly tempted to just call Leolin and have him blast the palace into oblivion. Twig and she could just evacuate themselves through Samael's mirrors and the world would be rid of several jokes. 'Enough. Stop this line of thinking, Guin. They may be immensely infuriating, but they still have their uses. Besides, you can't pull something so rash, especially now when you're so close to accomplishing your goals. History has its eyes on you.'

The Queen of Hearts took a deep breath at the thought, her fingers finding their way around the cup of tea which Twig graciously poured for her. Its pleasant aroma quickly filled her senses as soon as she brought it closer to her face, the coldness of the glass seeping through her lips before it inevitably got replaced by the tea's warmth as it slid down her throat. She released another breath, deeper this time, after the sip. "Thank you. I don't know how I'd fare without you during this challenging time." She flatly said as she set the cup back on the table. She no longer cared if she was picking Declan's overdramatic tendencies or whatsoever; she simply wanted to get out of this meeting as soon as possible. Regardless, Twig was correct: she should stop letting these people get in her head. And stop them, she would.

"Bring them in." She sent the telepathic order to Declan as she regained her original composure.

Within a minute or so, the door swung open and in came Declan and Myles. She was familiar with the latter since he was a fellow Joker- a controversial one, in fact. She could faintly remember arguing with Twig since she didn't want any Argossians within the Jokers. To Guin, they were nothing but greedy imperial dogs who'd bite their hands the moment it suited them. Myles has yet to wholly prove himself to her, but she wasn't hateful enough to disregard his potential and current contributions to the organization. He was on the same boat as that homonculus Twig also picked up.

"Rise." She beckoned shortly after the two rebels fell on their knees. She noted the trays of pastries with them along with a variety of beverages. "Please, serve our honored guests. I hope everyone will enjoy the Heart's cuisine."

A smile graced the blonde Queen's lips as she wordlessly communicated with her telepath: "Declan, I am five minutes away from draining the life out of these people. Please serve me my tomato juice and remove the piece of chocolate right in front of me. Don't even think about eating it. It's cheap, dirty, and probably deadly since it came from a very sick woman.'

Interacted: AI10100 AI10100 Coyote Hart Coyote Hart
Mentioned: LazyDaze LazyDaze Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Interacting with: Coyote Hart Coyote Hart | Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum LazyDaze LazyDaze . D O V E . D O V E TPBx TPBx The Prophet The Prophet

Declan stood up at the queen's behest, scanning all of them within a second. They had quite the variety that they brought in and he wondered for a moment if they had any requests. He gave Myles a nod as he grabbed a pitcher of tomato juice first and a goblet before making his way to the queen. He had a passive look on his face as he poured the juice into her goblet. "If you did and they couldn't do anything about it, all our problems would be solved." He mused. It really was unfortunate that every other royal could retaliate before she finished the drain. Once the goblet was full, he leaned down to grab the chocolate and looked pensive for a moment. Even with Guin's warning, he contemplated the action of eating it later. "You'd be surprised at what I ate in desperation back then." Nevertheless, he leaned back and proceeded back to the cart to put down the pitcher and the piece of chocolate.

He grabbed the cart of beverages to move onto the next royal, but not before an added message. "Also I take back what I said about royal meetings if this is how it always goes down. Maybe you should start bringing me along too." Declan glanced at the Clubs where Iris and another man - Siegfried if he wasn't mistaken - were standing. If they were allowed inside the meeting, then a personal telepath should be able to slip in as well. Not that he was needed to be in the same room as Guin. Due to his circumstances, he was able to directly use his telepathy on any of the royals despite it being a breach of etiquette.

He moved on to Twig and grabbed a goblet before pouring tomato juice into it. He gingerly placed it in front of Twig.
"Don't worry. Alcohol-free." He hummed before moving on. The next was Frey - oh, the man himself! Because of his newfound position, Declan hasn't seen the guy in a couple of months! He poured the red wine into a goblet and handed it to him. "Feeding fancy now, eh, Frey? Congratulations on the win. Made everyone proud in that fight - I'm happy our weapons served you well." He moved onto the next man which was X. He stared at the King of Clubs for a moment before simply pouring him red wine as well and placing it in front of the King. He poured a cup of white wine for the Queen of Clubs, someone he wasn't familiar with. He turned to the two retainers or whatever they were called and he smiled at Iris. It hadn't exactly been a long time since they had seen each other but it was good to see her again.

He poured the red wine for the both of them, handing them each one.
"I'd love to stay and chat but..." He sent to Iris, making a very small shrugging motion before continuing on. He reached the Diamonds queen, Athania, and picked up one bottle before placing it down and picking up the white wine bottle and pouring it for her. He placed it in front of her and bowed before moving on to the Ace of Spades. He wasn't aware that they would be coming to the meeting but here he was with a companion. He gave them both a bow and both of them a goblet of white wine before moving back to the entrance to await further orders.

Myles Rein.png
Acting was all about true emotion. So why not have a bit of fun?

Myles rose from his bow and wordlessly began to prepare his tray. He had been given the tray filled with an assortment of pastries, all looking very appetizing and amazing despite the lack of pastry-making technology in Ornare. Well, Myles didn't know that. If there were cars, who could say there weren't any pastry machines?

In order to fulfill the decorum that Myles wanted out of a servant, Myles flipped a towel over his forearm and set a respectful, stone-like expression on his face to mask the almost gleeful smile that boiled down deep in his core.

Myles had a feeling that as Guin's personal telepath, Declan would likely start with serving the Hearts, so Myles decided to wheel his cart towards the Spades first. Surprisingly, there were only two people there. Based on what he knew from the descriptions the Jokers that attended the tournaments had, he guessed that the man was the Ace of Spades. But who was the woman by his side? She definitely couldn't be the Queen of Spades, Cilantro had assured him that Mortemiah was still the Queen. There also was no chance that she could be the Jack of Spades, reasons being obvious. But she also didn't seem like the King of Spades, since Myles had actually watched her tournament. The aura the woman in front of him gave off didn't feel like the same woman who won the Spade's King tournament. Was she an uninvited visitor?

"Your Spadeships," Myles addressed the couple in a polite manner, "Could I interest you in any pastries?"

Myles gestured to the cart. Danishes, mantecadas, alexandertortes, caneles, inipits, macarons, mazarins, xuixos, even assorted flavors of pies. The cart was truly replete with any sort of deadly delicacy. There were even rather informal-looking sad cakes and a can full of cannolis.

Pick your poison, Ace of Spades and unknown Spade lady.

TPBx TPBx AI10100 AI10100
Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . D O V E . D O V E The Prophet The Prophet Athanas Athanas LazyDaze LazyDaze

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am King Ca- No, no, Ladies and Gentlemen? That just won't cut it"

"Best of Evenings, Kings and Queens and Jacks of Ornare... Fucking hell, no, this is too long, Cass!"

"Good evening, fellow royalty. It is my pleasure-no, shit!- my honor to welcome you to my-"
Cass was standing in front of a massive mirror, his face pale and his stance nervous. What could the new King of Hearts be possibly stressed about? Another Joker mission? Altercations with his family? The truth, as it often is the case, was far simpler, and far more mundane. Today was the day the treaty expired. Tens of thousands of soldiers, from conscripts to his family's Dragonborn stood at the ready, many eager for battle.

And as the King of Hearts, he had a very large say on whether or not they would get what they wanted. Cass honestly did not feel confident in himself in the slightest. Sure, he had been taught how Kingship works as part of his upbringing. But it was purely customary. He never was supposed to be here. He was meant to spend his life as a glorified bodyguard.

He felt his heart pounding again, the stress almost unbearable. He sat down, beginning some fundamental breathing exercises. He envisioned his father in front of him, berating him for this weakness, reminding him that he had absolutely no business being anywhere near the King's throne. That he was a failure, that he always had been a shameful mistake and a stain on the family name.

Somehow, that image strengthened his resolve. He rose again, facing the mirror.

He was done having to take a shit. While working with the jokers, he had proven himself powerful, capable of hurting the corrupt higher-ups. Guin had shown him just how much he mattered, how important he was in the grand scheme of things.

He was going to do his best. And his best actually mattered for something. Guin could see it. Declan could see it. Twig could see it.

His musings were interrupted by a soft knocking on the door. "Your Heartship. The council is assembled. Are you perhaps ready?"

Cass took a final breath, steeled himself, and promptly exited the room, heading towards the council chambers. Admittedly, there were other problems beyond his ability to orate. His clothing, for example. Cass usually dressed in a simple enchanted light armor for most occasions, but his advisors had insisted that he should radiate the opulence of the hearts. And so it was, that he was dressed in an ornate tunic, decorated with golden threads, rubies, and the Heart coat of arms in fancy embroidery. He looked as Imperial as he could, although it was ill-suited for fighting, all the enchantments on it serving to simply make it look flashier or cleaner. A small detail was that neither the Sigil of the Conqueror, nor of the Dragon could be seen anywhere on it. An oversight by the tailor, or a deliberate decision on his part?

He stopped in front of the council room doors, steeled himself, adopted the most determined, cold expression he could muster, and entered. Already many of the seats were filling up. He couldn't help but crack a warm smile at Guin, which he made sure to suppress quickly.

"Welcome, fellow royalty. It is with a warm heart that I welcome you to Valencia. My name is King Cassius, of the mighty house of Bellarmont."

He took his spot at the head of the table, as befit the King of this sovereign nation. His tone was welcoming, yet stern, or at least a great approximation thereof. "I see that some are running late. Hm. Upsetting, but understandable. In the meantime, would you perhaps be interested in some refreshments? It seems that we all have a long day ahead of us, and I would not have it said the Kingdom of Hearts is lacking in its hospitality." He made a motion to the served beverages that were given prior to his appearance.

"I suppose I can harbor no Ill-will, however. I myself have been delayed with my Kingly duties to rid this Kingdom of quarrelsome pests."

He held out his hand, motioning for Declan to hand him his own personal, golden cup, and to pour a special bottle of vintage-a clear display of the refinement of the Kingdom. Once that was done, he drank a small gulp and handed the goblet back to Declan. He was meant to hold it for him.

"My patience grows thin. We shall start without the missing royalty. Should they be offended, they have none to blame but themselves. Servant! Fetch a scribe. I want every last word in this room to be henceforth recorded for clarity." The scribe was soon fetched, alongside a small stool, and he stood to the side, ready to do his duty.

Cass looked at everyone present with a slight hint of practiced haughtiness. "Begin, then. Make your opening statements, and raise any miscellaneous issues you see fit before expressing your opinion regarding the treaty."

XIXIX VALENTINE| IRIS BASTILLE (mostly X)

Somehow X was able to stand after being hit over the head with a box of chocolates...by Wren the hulking plush doll. He stood still for a few moments, contemplating what the hell had just happened, swallowing his annoyance, and then continued chewing the pastry he almost choked on after standing upright once again without showing a hint of embarrassment or pain; however, he would probably have a light headache the next few days without a massage from a beautiful mage. An average mage won't due for this injury. X silently watched as Wren continued to metaphorically bounce around the room, taking chaotic actions to heal chaotic mistakes. If you were around him for only a few days, you wouldn't be surprised by any of his methods although X personally thought that he was even more chaotic than himself. Even when Twig hinted at something he had told him prior. X pretended to find the pain on the walls the msot fascinating thing in the world while avoiding Twig's reprimanding gaze. He had half a mind to smile beneath his mask since they had truly wrecked the meeting at this point....althoug, it never began. Actually.....they might have been prolonging it....they needed to stop...like now...gods why did we fall victim to our own folly?

Meanwhile, At the same time every movement and word from Wren made Iris cringe until she was mentally no more than a crumpled up piece of paper hiding from a waste bin. She could only hope that his actions did a morsol of good. Ater the short display, the exasperated Queen called in the help. The help being someone he owed a great debt. Vincent (Declan) the pastry gatekeeper. He noticed he gave him a hard look, and he wished right then he could have asked him for the key to the kitchen. In fact, he did his best to throw his thoughts into Declan's head. (Kitchen key, kitchen key, kitchen key and repeat). Iris meanwhile gave a soft smile with an even smaller wave. She couldn't help but acknowledge one of her closest friends. Even with the royals in the room, she didn't know what would become of Ornare. She didn't want to think about it, but she and Declan could be enemies after today. Honestly, she wouldn't know what to do. Vacating her position could become a real possibility, but she knew that being a royal meant serving the kingdom first. She couldn't imagine how many personal sacrfices the Clubs....well....any other royal besides the Clubs had to make.

"Damn," X whispered under his breath as Declan continued about the room without giving him the key to the kitchen...if there was even such a thing. He then looked at the wine in his glass and then sighed as he passed it down to Iris, who passed it down to Frey. "...I'm not allowed to kill anyone today," he muttered to himself. Iris rolled her eyes, she was pretty sure he wouldn't get drunk after a glass of red wine....but then again...

Suddenly, Myles else came in shortly after, or perhaps e was just simply noticed at this time. Instead of wine, he passed out more delectable assortments. Luck had a funny way of dancing around one's life. Here X was in this dreadful meeting, in this cheap nation, looking at long faces, EARLY, but he has now successfully circumvented the kitchen ban 3 times now. He would have admitted he was a lucky bastard right there had it not been for the fact that the statement would bring bad luck. Just as he thought his luck was turning for the better, the King of Hearts walked in. Perhaps it was a trick of the mind, but he felt all the air move in his direction. It was as if they were inside of a balloon just about ready to burst, and the Heart's King was the needle letting out the built up air. Whether that was a good or bad thing was yet to be determined. X's eyes followed him lazily as he continued his flowery speech. X couldn't help but feel as if he could have left of the "might" in front of the House of Bellymoths. (Bellarmount smh). Moreover, X couldn't help but agree when he stated his patience was thin...even after arriving late...in his own country...it made perfect since to X unironcially. Yes...this meeting was truly hell. It was confirmd. He died in the battle of Valencia and woke up in a world where he was banned from a kitchen. He couldn't agree more with everything he said, let the others find out the world went to shit in the news while they worked on ending this tragic play. X eyed the scribe...as if timing him, and as soon as he was ready X's hand shot up although he didn't wait to begin the meeting officially.

"...Yes, I have been madly in love with Athania since the battle of Valencia," X said this with a straight face of course and then casually turned back to the scribe to see that he was indeed writing every word. "Holy shit is he really recording every word...like even now? A life he has naught...."

X then winked to Iris who returned a wink with a thumbs up. She was already working on their own copy of the meeting. "Well, anyway," X said although the transitioning statement seemed to be more than just that. Outwardly, his expression changed, subtly. Iris picked up on it easily, but she hated when X was like this...it was like he was an entirely different person. She swallowed her anticipation as she nevously eyed X. Perhaps because she worked with him for so closely she could actually feel the life within him removed and replaced with calculating ice. "...I don't particularly care for anyone here...besides...well you already know that person now..." X tried his best to produce a blushe, but he couldn't even muster a bead of sweat at this moment. He truly felt disengaged to the entire ordeal, even professing his love for a foreign Queen wasn't enough to garner a rise out of himself...he would just have to make do. He glanced around to the present royals before continuing. "...So I'll let my assistant do most of the talking. I just have one question...why should we let the Diamond Kingdom exist any further?" His words were calm...and said in a matter of fact manner. X then turned to the sole diamond representative while standing by "Iris's" chair as if he were her assistant. They shared a quick glance. His eyes seemed to read her thoughts with a slick smile while hers stared back into his, exposed and confused. The meeting officially started. The only thing Iris could think of was....... that she worked for a devil.

TPBx TPBx Athanas Athanas . D O V E . D O V E AI10100 AI10100 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

The Silent Devil1597894864182.png

The hearts, along with their royalty who seemingly stayed static throughout all of the wars going on, was a rotten kingdom that required sudden change if leadership were to change any. Which happened to not be the Devil's job despite wishing for it over and over. Nope, instead the Devil was tasked with the manual labor. Through the past years of peace, the Devil was training and training and training as he waited for the perfect moment to say 'Hello' to his new friends. The meeting in the with all the royals happened to be that exact scenario, as all the heavy hitters were gone for a party's length.

Appearing in the Heart capital of Cordia, the Devil navigated his way towards the Upper Ring and right before he reached the gate he turned to take another way. Seeing the sounds of the guards, and understanding when there would be a gap of vision, the Devil went through the wall and prepared for the party in the Upper Ring. "Hello my wonderful heart citizens!! A cool display will be shown in the Upper Ring in just a few minuets! If you are interested in coming to see it, may I recommend stepping outside of the said ring! Can't wait to see all of your smiling faces at this party!" The Devil said, projecting it loud enough and high enough that everyone in the city would be able to hear it, however a focus of the sound was projected towards the Middle and Lower Rings while a softer sound (similar to hearing someone behind a closed door) was audible to the people in the Upper Ring.

When not even 10 minuets passed, the Devil chuckled to himself as the party was about to start. "Hope everyone is eva-" Devil clears his throat as he continues his speech to the people around the wall separating the Upper and Middle rings. "I mean ready, I hope everyone is ready for this great party! Now, let us not wait any longer for the big event!" The Devil exclaims, as he raises his hand as a giant clear blade appears in the air. By just swiping his hand, the blade the size of a castle swipes across the sky causing all buildings that aren't first floor only to be destroyed on contact. If that wasn't enough for the party, the Devil made sure to add his finishing touches as he touches the wall with his other hand as it collapses. "Theres the surprise everyone! Tada!!" The Devil was grinning, despite it being not shown through his mask, but was surprised at all of the shocked and terrified faces from the citizens. "You mean... to tell me... you didn't like my surprise?! After all the work I put into it, this is what I get!!" After his upset period, the Devil took a few deep breaths and became calm again. "I get it, I get it. You guys are just ignorant, that's it. And the only way to get people to see I mean business is through brute force, huh..." The Devil chuckled, as he brought his right hand up and after waiting a bit slid it horizontally as all the spectators had their heads removed. "If that is what it takes for people to realize I mean business, I suppose the store is open huh?" The Devil jokingly said without increasing the sound despite no one being around him. Satisfied with his work, the Devil proceeded to take a stroll out of town, taking his mask off and changing clothes when none were around him. With this being the beginning, the Devil had a lot of work to do...

No misdeed goes unpunished. Ever.

A cloud of smoke and dust formed a trail through the streets of Corda, the tech hub of Hearts. Indeed, the Devil had the audacity to attack the city while very few nobles and its most powerful resident were home; it would be a famous mistake. Spearheading the trail was a searing ball of blue fire, two white-hot points within it. The coarse sand vitrified with every powerful bound.

As it came closer, a humanoid figure could be seen, the legs adjusting to brace for a violent skid. The fire formed into a ball six feet in diameter. One stomp, and the figure launched into the air. The crest of the parabola was directly over the Devil's head.

Then, a loud BOOM. The fireball descended at mach speeds. The wrath of a people, condensed into one shot. The explosion glassed the ground in a fifty-foot radius. The caster landed on the other side, his investiture of flame dispelling in a blistering, blue blast.

Just another dramatic entrance for...
Leolin Hravart III

Leo growled through gritted teeth. "The only way to get you bastards to see WE mean business is through brute force, huh?" he mocked viciously, holding back nothing after so many losses. Then, from all around--from back by the city walls, from behind the hills, from the roadside ditches, more shapes rose. With all the time the Devil wasted with his grandiose display, the Ace of Hearts and his well-organized people prepared their own show. Now, dozens of militiamen, city watch, and mercenaries stood ready to destroy what was left of one of the monsters that tormented them. The pulling of bowstrings, cocking of guns, and crackle of brewing spells comprised the overture to a murder, and the Devil had been considerate enough to dress for the grand finale: his own funeral.

Last edited:
Cilantro.png
In the streets of Valencia, Cilantro squinted up at the sun, two fingers out, gauging the distance between the position of the sun and the nearby building. Damn. He had missed his chance. By now, the royal meeting would have already begun. Cilantro kicked at the unlit, rosy-waxed candle in front of the building he had been staring at. Why, why the fuck did he throw his chance away?

Why the fuck did he throw his chance away by staring at a brothel for the past ten minutes?!?!

No matter. At this point, Mortemiah would've already come and joined the meeting. Cilantro's opportunity was gone. He would have to wait another day to try to kill her. Curse it all. Those ten minutes that Cilantro took contemplating whether or not to go inside the brothel had ruined his chance. But seriously, why was it so difficult?! No matter how much he tried to draw upon the acting energy that Myles so easily pulled off, he couldn't find the bravery to just waltz right in. But then again, Myles had been shy about it at first too. Maybe next time Cilantro would ask Myles to accompany him.

Cilantro trekked the way back to the castle and with a small little bit of acrobatics hopped up the castle walls and into the window that he had exited out of after his little run-in with the King of Clubs. Thankfully, there weren't any servants to witness his little circus act, and he was able to simply walk his way back towards the meeting room. He didn't get too close to the door, since he didn't want any of the more sensitive royals to notice him, even though he was pretending to read one of Myles's picture books (he still couldn't read). Thankfully, the enhanced hearing that was necessary for his Stream Breath awareness came in handy, and he was able to hear most of the things happening in the room, at a distance most wouldn't have.

It was the perfect position to hear the dominos falling into place.

Adelleid Frey

Frey was quick to go back to his seat after giving the letter, he sat quite comfortably but that didn't stop him from flinching when the Queen of Hearts slammed her hands on the table and stood. He'd been on his best behavior on this trip, for this meeting, but the same can't be said for the two Royals with him. He gulped, wishing that he hadn't given that menacing red letter.

He cursed his luck silently, he was someone who was all for foolishness but this was a job to him and there was no room to act like a clown. He looked at X for one split second, the man truly is an enigma, and then back to the table.

His admiration for Iris only grew when she spoke up and stopped X from declaring war over the way that he sat. He sighed to himself in relief and perked up at the mention of his name, looking to Iris and giving a curt nod in appreciation for recognizing his good attitude. Although he sympathized, the excuse wasn't the best but it was all she could do after all. It was hard to think of one, what with X and Wren's actions. Frey can only see the meeting becoming so much of a disaster with how the Queen of Clubs was acting right now, flinging chocolates at the other Hearts Royals. He wished that Wren flung it towards the Spades instead.

But it amazes him how different the Club Royalty actually was when he first met the two other authoritative figures of the Kingdom of Clubs.

Frey gave Guin an apologetic look, feeling the tension rise. The doors pushed open and Frey whispered to himself in with how good of a timing Declan and Myles had to come to the meeting to break the tension. He made eye contact with both and a small tug of his lips before shifting his attention elsewhere.

He gave an appreciative 'thank you' to Declan as he talked to him telepathically. "Oh stop, it has been months and I'm still not used to it." He said shyly before continuing, while his pleasant smile remained the same, "Those guns work like a charm, after all, it was your help that gave me a winning chance." Frey told his telepathic friend as the Joker moved on to the next guest.

Then came Cassius, he may or may not have forgotten that the former Queensguard was the new King. Nevertheless, he was glad to see an old friend but at the same time... why was he walking like that?

Frey was not used to seeing Cassius like this and everything that came out of the green-eyed man's mouth seemed so funny. He watched as Declan handed him an ornate, golden goblet and poured wine for him. It looked ridiculous as the man certainly did not act in such a way.

"Did he practice this whole haughty persona?" Frey asked Declan, he wanted to burst out laughing but he is doing his very best to keep himself from doing so. "Kinda sad he didn't contact me for acting tips." He sipping the wine that was given to him and then looking at the sudden appearance of another glass of red wine in front of him, pushing it slightly away as he placed down his own glass. Today was not a day to be inebriated.

Frey pressed his lips when he saw X's hand shot up and proceeded to speak, his words, as usual, were unexpected and he also found it amusing as most of the time. Professing your love just like that takes courage but was it real? He knew of the King of Club's plans, he knew where this was going to go. He acted like a clown, but Frey always believed that X was King for a reason and now he gets to see it.

The Jack of Clubs scratched one side of his cheek as he listened to X who started off rather straightforwardly. "Well, I guess we're going in that direction first." He whispered to himself, bringing his eyes up to see the reaction of the other Royals. His smile never changed, even with the grave question that his King had given, while he remained a silent observer... For now.

mention: Iris Bastille, Xixix Valentine LazyDaze LazyDaze Siegfried Maria Rothschild The Prophet The Prophet Zephyr Terwilliger, Myles Rein Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Athania Kaloronos || interaction: Guineverre Blanca . D O V E . D O V E Declan Sarmiento AI10100 AI10100

The Silent Devil1597952637353.png

Right as he was leaving the Hearts Capital, a fireball was being thrown towards the Devil. The fireball wasn't charged, allowing for the Devil to outmaneuver it quickly. After the loud BOOM happened, the militiamen, city watch, and the mercenaries fainted. The Devil smiled, being spotted on a nearby roof of a building with his outfit and mask on again. "Thanks for the ammunition, dear Ace of Hearts. Now, if you don't mind, I'll like to leave for the next stepping stone. Not that I wouldn't love to fight you, mind you. I'm just a little busy with dealing with you pests." The Devil chuckled, as all his words were projected as if he was on all sides of the Ace. Moving again, the Devil went to reach the other wall as he shattered it similar to the most inner wall once arriving. "Although, it has been fun meeting you Mister Ace. Thanks for reminding me that I need to double check my plans." Bowing, the ground from under the Devil to the former entrance to the castle started to shake, as the ground started to shake as an earthquake began causing houses to fall if they were close to the middle.

Goonfire Goonfire

"Aw, stop, you're making me blush." Declan joked as his face remained passive while Cass went on. "That's a few months not being challenged. I'd say that's a plus." He hasn't caused the nobles' ire yet. And it would seem that they were complacent for now, the Clubs were more looking for war instead of going against their royalty.

Declan had so many questions in his mind with how Cass was acting as he stood by holding the goblet. Had he been any other person, Declan might have put down the goblet. His position only answered to Guin and her only. Alas, he found that there was no need to break the immersion that Cass was in... even though it was weird and it's almost making him break character. He would have loved to excuse himself and step outside to let out a few laughs.

His eyes trailed back to Frey as he presented a question. "I wish I knew." The telepath responded as he began to scan the room so it looked natural. "It's hilarious, isn't it? Maybe next time he should come to you for tips. I'll make sure to tell him." He continued, shifting his weight ever so slightly.

X was the first person to speak, amused first at the scribe first, before flipping the mood of the meeting room with one question. It was certainly a weighted question and there was only one representative for the Diamonds - their new queen Athania. Diamonds had taken the biggest hit out of everyone during the Argossian attack and they're still recovering. Not to mention their king was taking a hit on his name due to his research into Argossian technology. It was such an amusing thought when the Jokers helped spearhead Hearts' technological advancement.

There was a shift in Declan's face as he hurriedly put down Cass's goblet and headed straight for Guin. To those who knew him, they would have picked up that he was tense as if he was preparing for battle. Only the three Royals would hear the projection of his thoughts. "There's been an attack in Corda. The Upper Ring has been devastated." He closed his eyes as he tried to process the disjointed ramblings of the runner. "Leolin is handling it with the militia. Reportedly, there's only one person causing this destruction." He opened his eyes once more, silently telling the runner to take a breather and get another report. "What are your orders?"

Zephyr _Twig_ Terwilliger.png
Thank goodness Guin was able to hold herself together. Twig was sure that the meeting was going to go into chaos. Two figures walked into the room, bringing along refreshments and pastries. Upon recognizing them as Declan and Myles-- two of the most trustworthy people Twig knew-- he gave them a smile and a brief wave in order to not break royal etiquette too much. Unlike some of the Club royals, Twig knew what was acceptable and unacceptable in a formal gathering.

He accepted the goblet of tomato juice reluctantly, as he was planning to just drink tea during the meeting. It wouldn't be good if he had to use the restroom during the middle of the discussion because of some juice. But regardless, Twig decided it would be improper to not at least drink a sip, so he did so. Immediately, he recoiled, not in shock, dismay, or any negative emotion, but because... it was so good.

"Wow, this is really yummy," Twig quietly said to nobody in particular. He turned to Guin and beamed a smile, "I can see why you like tomatoes so much."

As he took another drink of the tomato juice, the King of Hearts himself, Cassius Bellarmont, walked through the doors. Although he didn't say anything to show it, Twig almost didn't recognize the man. The shining jewelry, the almost practiced haughty look-- it made Twig feel underdressed despite wearing his signature tuxedo-like outfit. As the almost alien-like Cass went up and began acting in a fashion that shouted "strength," Twig rested his goblet near his cheek, and when he turned, the tomato juice goblet hid his facial features. With his free hand, Twig popped Cass a thumbs up, in a position where the other royals wouldn't be able to see it, and grinned encouragingly.

As he sat through the drama that was sure to happen, the unexpected happened. Declan approached the three of them with a tense look on his face, and Twig immediately knew that something had gone wrong. His telepathic announcement only confirmed it. Darn, terrorists? Who were they, and how could they be so powerful? Was it Five and the Royal Flushe?

It would be safe to assume that it was the Royal Flushe for now and act accordingly. Twig's eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he placed down his goblet. He had expected a Royal Flushe attack for quite a while now, but not at a time like this, when their plans would unfurrow that eve.

"Ahem," Twig stood up from his position, "I'd like to ask that we discuss the purpose of the Diamond kingdom another time, perhaps tomorrow. We have just received word of a pressing threat to national security that we need to check out. It should take less than a day to resolve, so I'd like to ask that we push back the meeting to tomorrow."

Twig took a seat. Guin and Cass could correct him if they believed a better course of action would besuit them.

. D O V E . D O V E LazyDaze LazyDaze AI10100 AI10100 Athanas Athanas TPBx TPBx The Prophet The Prophet Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Melody Hollady

"Ah, I knew it. I bet you kicked some ass too. Not as much as me, though." Mels laughed, flexing her small muscles. She didn't have much war experience. She had fought off a couple of thugs here and there, but nothing else that significant.

"Aye, really? Thanks, man," Melody exclaimed, her ears perking up with interest. She didn't think that her dream would come true. Melody took the guns with glee. "This is my first time gettin' my hands on an Agrossian weapon." She said, eyeing the structure of the gun. Mels turned around and grabbed a notebook with an ink pen from her travel bag. She quickly sketched an image of the supposedly stolen revolver with ease. Melody then took apart the gun, looking at the chamber "I must say, Agrossians can sure make guns. This baby seems it can shoot some serious rounds." Melody noted, gawking at the gun. The chamber of the gun seemed to handle a lot of pressure due to its thickness, allowing for more substantial firepower. Melody quickly sketched the inside components of the firearm, then put the gun back together. "Here, ya go," Melody passed the revolver back to Garrett. "The gun is surprisingly not that complex compared to the guns we have. It's a beauty, though."She added.

Melody yawned and laid her head against the wooden walls of the carriage. "Aye, I agree with that." She chuckled. She remembered running away from the cult. She had no to little regrets, even if it meant not having a roof to sleep under. "Freedom to do what ya want makes life worth livin'."

Melody shifted to the side and looked out ahead of the carriage. With her dog like eyes, she could see a bright shine up ahead. She sniffed the air and stuck the tip of her tongue out, letting her catch passing scents. "I can already smell the city. Smells way cleaner than the shitholes I've been to." She commented.

TPBx TPBx

Leolin Hravart III

Surviving the blast from a charged, 3500-degree fireball was no easy task. A glance with thermal vision revealed the minutemen were still alive and breathing. A tall ring of intense fire sprouted up, starting mere feet in front of the Devil and enclosing Leolin with him. The rising wall picked up vitrified sand, creating a lethal, lava-like spectacle. "About that... Your plans have been cancelled," he asserted while drawing his rapier. Heat channeled into the blade until the glowing metal created a mirage effect. He then stabbed it into the ground. Smoke rolled from the sand as the glow was seemingly sucked into it... or pushed into it. The temperature of the ground seemed to rise, though the steaming sand remaining solid enough to stand on. However, the signature was unmistakable. Immense power radiated from below.

vielpotato vielpotato

The Silent Devil
1597973319629.png

"Now that is something I didn't plan on..." The Devil chuckled, putting his hands up. "If you are willing, I surrender. Loosing honor to the enemy is better than death in a majority of cases. Especially to someone who I consider not my target." The Devil smiled, despite it not being visible to the Ace. "So...? Are you willing to take me in, or would you rather not gain any information from me and off me instead." The Devil chuckled, slowly walking towards the Ace as he knew that the Ace could reach the Devil before he could even blink. "If it helps any, I don't plan on attacking you so there's no reason to keep this fire up under us, right? Toasty feet were always quite annoying to be honest." The Devil eventually kept walking closer and closer, waiting for a reply from the Ace. While the Devil was unsure on his answer, he knew that information about enemies could never be turned down since they most likely had no one to go through his memories.

Goonfire Goonfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back