• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Four Suits- Jokers and Kings- OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Looking for public opinion here on a second character. I'm writing out a CS for Havok rn, and I've got names, personality and such. But I'm debating the strength of his powers, and the fact that he's handicapped also leaves some room for power adjustment.

He's got electricity manipulation for sure, was partially shown in Quillon's fight with him that he can channel it through his body for some massive damage. Also wanted to include that he can fire it somehow for ranged combat, no big deal I can write that out. But I also wanted to include something like electromagnetism, Magneto's ability in the X-Men if y'all are familiar. Of course it'd be on a much much smaller scale, considering Magneto's ability is planetary level.

As for his handicap, the dude nearly lost his legs in his fight with Quillon. Miraculously, they were saved somehow (will improve on this) and he was wheelchair-bound for a few years, after he was then able to walk again. However, his legs were never the same and now overworking them causes immense pain. He's no longer a Jack, likely something around 5-6 considering he can still channel his powers, but rated far lower because of his severe loss in agility

Looking for public opinion here on a second character. I'm writing out a CS for Havok rn, and I've got names, personality and such. But I'm debating the strength of his powers, and the fact that he's handicapped also leaves some room for power adjustment.

He's got electricity manipulation for sure, was partially shown in Quillon's fight with him that he can channel it through his body for some massive damage. Also wanted to include that he can fire it somehow for ranged combat, no big deal I can write that out. But I also wanted to include something like electromagnetism, Magneto's ability in the X-Men if y'all are familiar. Of course it'd be on a much much smaller scale, considering Magneto's ability is planetary level.

As for his handicap, the dude nearly lost his legs in his fight with Quillon. Miraculously, they were saved somehow (will improve on this) and he was wheelchair-bound for a few years, after he was then able to walk again. However, his legs were never the same and now overworking them causes immense pain. He's no longer a Jack, likely something around 5-6 considering he can still channel his powers, but rated far lower because of his severe loss in agility
If he still has the full extent of his powers (from what's been described) then he could still easily be 7-8. Electromagnetism sounds good, but limits its range to one's immediate surroundings (10ft radius perhaps) and its potency. The loss of his agility is pretty bad, but if he's an electrical artillery cannon then it wouldn't affect his rating to the point of being a 5/6.

Revna Eris Revna Eris You might want to consider making your king character more powerful. They should be at least capable of easily destroying a large building. Perhaps buff your fire magic? If your character is capable of doing so, it'd be great to specify the exact applications of the magic like you did in the "Eyes of Truth" one.

Might I ask what you mean? Sorry... I haven't been completely focused today I only got a few hours of sleep. Also note in the past I've been toldI make my characters either overpowered or bland so I try not to make my character too powerful.

Might I ask what you mean? Sorry... I haven't been completely focused today I only got a few hours of sleep. Also note in the past I've been toldI make my characters either overpowered or bland so I try not to make my character too powerful.

Your character is a King girlio, they're supposed to be slightly overpowered haha. Think of something that could easily demolish buildings, maybe her combustion is capable of melting some forms of rock? Or maybe she could create twisters of fire, which would be more than capable of completely scorching a tall building! As a King, your character has limits that are at a much higher level than anyone that isn't 10+.

It'd be better to have a concept for a character that is overpowered, instead of immensely underpowered. That way, the GMs would be able to tone down the power to whatever standard would be acceptable.

That makes sense. I was going to give her iron control, which would allow her to control iron in multiple ways but to certain extents. This also can pertain to blood since iron is in blood.

I personally don't think it should go so far as blood manipulation, considering that Chiryoshi Chiryoshi 's character Odette plays the Queen of the same kingdom and already has that ability, and that the amount of iron in blood is actually very small. I think it's something like 4-5 grams.

Just a suggestion though.

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Thanks. : )

Revna Eris Revna Eris Perhaps you could give yourself a fire-related shapeshifting ability? Your character could turn into a large flaming phoenix for a certain time. It’d be easily enough to destroy a building and would look pretty awesome.

Hopefully we can get to a fight where I can use Unlimited Blade Works. Just so I can type out the chant lmao. Anyway, Kloudy Kloudy I finished Shirou. Added some stuff, made Trace and Construct more clear (and balanced), and had fun trying to write a tldr fate/zero into a back story fitting to the lore.

TPBx TPBx Haha, I really liked how you incorporated that backstory there! xD
Accepted. Fyi your character has lost a fight to my Ace (unless you've become the Queen only recently) and I've specified that you only fought my Chaos Skulls. As such, it'd make sense if you had traced them and are now able to summon them as well. Unfortunately, they won't possess my incredible physical stats or any of my powers, although they can possess yours if you want, but it is possible for you to create an army of sorts given that you could theoretically summon as many as you can sustain. I'd imagine summoning an army would only be possible during UBW being active, of course, and they'd physically be as strong as you, but they could utilise the weapons you create? It's an interesting idea at the very least. You did not get to see my gloves, however, so you do not have those traced just yet.
Also feel free to discuss our relationship if you want. My character does actually offer training sessions in the form of duels at The Crystal Marking, if you want a reason to use UBW. However the the plot will also provide plenty of opportunity for that as well, so don't worry there. ; )

Chiryoshi Chiryoshi Sorry for the delay. Love the character, looks to be a great addition to the roster. It looks to me like you've got a similar problem to Snow though. Perhaps it's just a matter of clarification, but could you specify the most powerful application of her blood control is? You need to be able to at least destroy a large building and that might be possible with blood, but I feel as though you've focused on anti-people rather than anti-buildings. If I had to think of one, perhaps a large thin blade of blood could be formed and slashed ridiculously quickly, dividing said building in half? Or perhaps solidifying the blood to make it a wrecking ball of destruction? Otherwise, your character is totally accepted. : D

santialessio santialessio Excuse my tardiness here too. Looks like a solid Joker, that anti-hero do-what-must-be-done-but-hey-it's-kinda-fun theme is really doing something for me. xD
Looks like her powers/arsenal are suitable for her rank and nothing conflicts lore-wise. Question: this constructive telekinesis affects "small everyday objects" by building them into things. Can this also be applied as just general telekinesis, or can it simply only attract and assemble? You're accepted either way, I'm just curious. : )

YungJazz YungJazz You ever gonna post your character buddy? : P

Kloudy Kloudy yeah i mean in theory Shirou could probably summon a bunch of skulls while in UBW, but the problem is that he doesn't have fine remote control over his weapons like say Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, Iskandar's Ionioi Heitaroi, or Noctis's Armiger Arsenal to name a few characters that have similar abilities. He sorta just launches swords and stuff in the general direction of his enemy and at most can fire them accurately at small targets like Gilgamesh's Weapon Summoning Gates. Also yeah we can figure something out once the RP gets going.

Kloudy Kloudy yeah i mean in theory Shirou could probably summon a bunch of skulls while in UBW, but the problem is that he doesn't have fine remote control over his weapons like say Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, Iskandar's Ionioi Heitaroi, or Noctis's Armiger Arsenal to name a few characters that have similar abilities. He sorta just launches swords and stuff in the general direction of his enemy and at most can fire them accurately at small targets like Gilgamesh's Weapon Summoning Gates. Also yeah we can figure something out once the RP gets going.
Your ability copied the physical attributes of an item as well as the magical. The skulls follow basic commands and are unquestionably loyal to their owner via magic. Unless you plan on literally firing them at your enemy, the magic should still allow it to work. Or don’t, either way it’s your choice.

I'm here. Had a way busier weekend then I thought I would so I will probably spend today reading over everything, planning my CS, and submitting it tomorrow.

I'm here. Had a way busier weekend then I thought I would so I will probably spend today reading over everything, planning my CS, and submitting it tomorrow.
Sounds good man. The IC hasn’t started yet but it should soon. Still no pressure, take all the time you need. : )

I'm thinking of making the Jack of hearts if that is still open
You sure you want hearts? We have a lot of Hearts right now is all. Perhaps one of the other suits would entice you better (please?).

I'd prefer to do hearts but if it would be more beneficial I'm fine with any of the others.
Well, in terms of picking your allies, feel free to skim through the cs’. Particularly the Aces, cos they’ll decide whether a kingdom gets levelled or not.
Otherwise, it’s simply just a case of balancing the numbers between each suit. If you really want hearts then go for it, but I’d urge you otherwise if possible. : )

Well, in terms of picking your allies, feel free to skim through the cs’. Particularly the Aces, cos they’ll decide whether a kingdom gets levelled or not.
Otherwise, it’s simply just a case of balancing the numbers between each suit. If you really want hearts then go for it, but I’d urge you otherwise if possible. : )

Don’t pick Spades unless you want to become a mindless puppet under the rule of Quillon Downs :horns: !!!!!!

Just kidding please pick him he gives good work benefits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back