• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forsaken [IC][Always Accepting]

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club
tumblr_inline_ndgc0ccRVq1szaa83.gif

Forsaken
IC || OOC || CS
Mutants have existed within the city of Friction for almost a hundred years. They have been forgotten long since their numbers disappeared to nearly zero. And this happened almost overnight about seventy years ago; those with supernatural abilities simply upped and disappeared over a matter of days.

But everything changed when these mutants resurfaced twenty years ago. Mutants started popping up one by one, and then more and more started exponentially revealing themselves to the public. Stranger abilities were possessed by these new breed of mutants, these...forgotten individuals.

Time passed on and the government labeled these mutants as "Forsaken." Human, but not quite human, so they're mutants. They've been forgotten in time, but they've returned from the dead, or so it seems. And what are they here to do? These mutants have lived ordinary lives just like regular humans, yet their physical abilities have given them an edge in day to day combat with each other.

The government portrayed these destructive fights in a negative light and decided that something had to end. But how to control mutants? With more mutants. The government formed a group known as SQUAD, comprised of Forsaken individuals that were compliant enough to work in a military environment.

Despite the creation of SQUAD, the mutants still did what they were doing before. They formed their own groups. One was a community of Forsaken that called themselves heroes; a group dedicated to fighting crime the natural way, without police intervention. Quick and instantaneous justice.

And then, with every story there's those who are in it for themselves. Villains. They do nothing but cause destruction and chaos for their own twisted reasons. Sometimes these motives are unknown and too hard to see in the eyes of a commoner.

So...what's going to happen?

This is the IC. Please do not post until I have displayed the first post. Head over to the OOC if you are interested in joining! If the RP has started by the time you are reading this, welcome! You can still hop in at any time during the story!

Gimme the chocolate
Time: 9:30 PM, Monday
Petra Morozova
It was a quiet evening in Friction. The traffic was flowing as not very many were outside. It didn't even seem like anything would happen today. Too quiet, one might say, in the face of this silence. It was almost too good to be-

Bz-z-z!

A streak of periwinkle light streamed through the city, shattering car windows and denting doors before it finally came to a halt outside the Grimm and Berry's. Outside was the petite figure of none other than Petra Morozova, who was only known as Waveform by the public. She was, of course, too fast to catch.

The girl stamped out the fire at her sneakers before raising both hands and pushing the doors open. She stormed into the building, two wings glowing madly on her back as they folded into a pocket of light. "Hands where I can see them, cupcakes." Her thick Russian accent rang through the silence of the candy shoppe, leaving nothing but the shop owner to raise his hands.

"I want one double Dorama ice cream and that fucking cash register."
"You can keep the register, I can keep the cash." Grimm laughed in the face of death. Petra wasn't amused. She stepped forward, turning into a blur before the gun was pointed to Grimm's crotch. "Cука give me the money."

Grimm pulled out the money and handed it to Petra, before a worker showed up with a crispy creme ice cream sandwich. Petra grabbed it off the plate and ate it in two bites before walking out the front door.

Time: 9:45 PM, Monday
Edward Georgia
The night was cold, and otherwise dark. The viewing from inside his warehouse wasn't spectacular, but it was fine for him. He sighed, and returned back to his couch to watch old news and read books, it was what he grandpa used to do back when he was alive. It also provided him comfort and distracted him from his impatience. The book Edward was reading wasn't great, it was a history book on World War II, it didn't excite him that he was reading about the monstrosities that happened years back, but like always, he took comfort in the knowledge and how much he was learning.

But... Edward was becoming impatient, his impatience only reminded him of what he wanted to learn, what he needed to learn, it was disturbing. He sighed as he closed his WWII book and threw it aside, he was breathing heavily, and getting sweaty. Edward began walking to the office part of his warehouse, the office space had cubicle like rooms, each one containing gurneys of bodies, both normal and somewhat special. He entered room 3B, and examined the room. It was chilly in there, but it was the best way to try and preserve the bodies. Each and every body had Y-Incisions made on their chests, some had the top of their heads sliced off, to examine the brain. Edward moved towards the body of a prodigy in music, not much of a prodigy but extremely good at it.

He knew there would be nothing to look at in his chest or really anywhere else on his body besides the brain, where most of the knowledge was kept. Edward moved another body close to the music prodigy, the other person had supposed powers, so he wanted to examine both of their brains side by side. This would take hours... But he was prepared for the time it would take, in his pocket, he pulled out a protein bar. "Time to get to work..." Edward said in a sinister voice.

Time: 9:35 PM, Monday
Andrew Dangrek
Andrew sat in his camping chair, a small foldable table right next to it. A plate and glass was on the table, the plate containing a turkey sandwich, and his glass filled with water. He sighed, his eyes were locked on the Chocolate Shop, he didn't know why he was staring at it, nor did he understand why he was on a roof, but who cared. Andrew had the time of night to do this, and he enjoyed the view. I wonder if destiny brought me here-- His thought was stopped as Andrew looked down at the shop, a lady, walking out of the store, with a bag..? Or was she holding the money? Andrew didn't bring his glasses so he was at a lost of words.

He dropped everything he was doing, his head turned into a white mist, his body turned to the right, looking down at a suitcase, his arms picked it up, laying it down on his legs. Opening it, the case had his rifle stuffed down in some black styrofoam, and with his pistol right next to it. On second thought... Andrew threw the case next to his chair, he stood up, the rest of his body turning into white mist. The mist flew down a few feet next to the lady, transforming into his human form, his clothes returned with him. Andrew threw a fake smile over his face, "HEY! Your a villain right!" He threw his arms around, flailing in excitement. "I always wanted to meet one!" He looked at her, the smile of the century over his face. "Hey! Can I come with you, be like... Your apprentice or something?"

Andrew laughed to himself in his mind, I'm so gonna die. Laughing in his thoughts was the best thing he could do in his situation. Okay, quit laughing me, let's recap... So I became an idiot and am now trying to fool a villain into me becoming her apprentice. Probably won't work. But hey, not the first time I risked my life. His feet formed into mist, sort of planning his demise, also as a failsafe. His shoes did not become mist however.
D duegxybus

Last edited:
Ranno Steel Mill
1600-2100hrs, Monday

A loud whistle was heard across the mill, second shift was about to start. Otto took a breath and slowly exhaled as he stepped away to take a break while the shifts changed. All he needed was a smoke break and a bottle of water to keep going but before that he removed the protective aluminized head gear and unzipped the top of his flame resistant suit and tied the arms around his waist revealing only a white tank top and powerful arms, blonde and messy hair was spread atop his head accompanied by his eye which happens to match his line of work. Making his way into the break room, Otto took a dollar from his wallet and pressed F-2 on the vending machine and a second later a bottle clunked into the opening at the bottom. With a hefty pat on his back the young man turned and faced the person "Otto! Hey man, how's the tempo today?" it was Mack, a good friend of Otto "Really good so far, hey we still racin this weekend right?" Otto asked in return, "Hell yeah, its about damn time you took a break!" "Yeah,I guess so..." Otto commented "Hey man, don't work yourself to death! Alright, catch ya on the floor man" "Yeah, see ya in five." The sun was low in the sky when Otto went through the break room door. he sat on top of a picnic bench and lit a rolled cigarette with a matte, sky blue zippo and took a couple drags from it before cracking open the water. Several other coworkers walked past with different expressions, some friendly, others looked miserable. Finishing his smoke and water Otto headed back in, undoing the suit sleeves tied around his waist to wear the suits full protection.

The blazing heat in the mill was enough to make any pencil pushin desk jockey go insane but it didn't bother Otto as years of work in front of the molten steel made him accustomed to the conditions. His positions in the plant change from time to time as the foremans place him where he is needed most and for the past two weeks he has been cutting billets down to size, a repetitive task that can become monotonous.

After a few hours another worker relieves him, telling him that the boss wanted him. Otto goes the foreman's office with haste as he is curious to what he is needed for. With three gentle knocks on the door otto enters the office. It was a typical laborers office, folders and papers everywhere yet organized with care, a handful of pictures on the walls here and there along with the smell of metal. "You wanted to see me Mr. Ranno?" "Yes Otto, it has come to my attention that you have yet to take a single day off in almost a month, according to your time cards, you tryin to buy a ferrari or something?" the older man asked with a raised eyebrow "No sir, just like to work is all" "Well that's not a problem but my boss might start askin questions so I'm givin you the next couple of days off... and that's not negotiable" "Alright then, I accept the terms, see you thursday." Otto shook Mister Ranno's hand and left the Office and headed to the locker room next to the break area. Aside from the noise of the mill it was quite in the locker room.

Otto hung up his work suit and switched out his work boots for his pair of biker boots. After tying up the boots and pulling down the legs of his blue jeans over the top of them,. he grabbed his keys, helmet and skull face mask from the locker before securing its closed. After pulling a wristwatch out of his pocket and strapping it around his left wrist he noticed it was around nine o' clock. Otto sighed after sitting down on his motorcycle, taking a moment before placing the mask and helmet on. His bike came to life with a beautiful roar that transitioned into a deep gutteral sound at idle, as Otto drove forward and out of the parking lot, he gunned it a bit bringing his bike to fifty-five, the strait pipes bellowed with thunder and crackled as he slowed down to thirty five.

The night was nice and cool, the street lights illuminated every which way, "I've forgotten how I used to appreciate the night rides so much" He thought. It was about eight miles to the apartment and it was going to be a very long night for him and it was instantly decided to park the bike in his garage, get cleaned up and go to the bar for some drinks.

Olivia Greenwell
"Another Night"
9:29 PM
Another night, another night with Olivia just walking the streets of Friction. The girl kept her hands tucked into her pockets as she walked, taking a long and deep breath to enjoy the cool air entering her lungs. On her side was a big bag holding god knows what in it.

Olivia was lost in thought, allowing her body to go on autopilot. As she walked, small insects could be seen almost following her though they didn't seem to be a problem, or at least, not at the moment. That's when a white butterfly landed on her finger, flicking its wings to draw her attention. Olivia brought it up to her face, just watching it before moving her index finger, making the insect flutter off.

It was going to be another normal night but....that's when the shattering of windows and denting cars had reached her ears, causing her to recoil slightly as she looked on. Someone was robbing out in the open, she pressed her fingers against her temples before going into an alley way.
"Another night." The girl squatted down, taking out the bullet proof vest before strapping it on. She then got on the bee styled jacket and the yellow gas mask. The tiny creatures started to fly around her as a new expression came to her face, one of seriousness. Her voice came distorted behind the mask "It's just another night."
The Insect Queen
9:31 PM
The Queen had taken the bat and strapped the brass knuckles to her waist, leaving the bag as something she could come back for later. She looked at one of the insects, a bee to be exact that flew by her vision. She cupped the tiny stripped being, looking it in the eyes before letting it go into the night. She was now in the mind of it, using it as some sort of drone to do her bidding.

It flew towards the entrance of the Chocolate Shop before landing right at the doorway. The Queen could see the one and only Waveform which made her scowl in her real form. While she didn't know much, she knew enough to know that the girl was a villain who had to be stopped. The Queen released the insect of her control, pressing her hands against the wall to scale and come from atop.
'Waveform, huh? Didn't think i'd run into her tonight and another person who has the ability to turn into mist....interesting. She was able to break the windows though if I could get the drop- Fuck. The bat might not cut it.' The Queen knew that it was a crazy chance, a chance that could cost her a limb but even if it was a risk, she had another trick up her sleeve.
The girl fell from the sky, landing on the ground below with the bat in hand. She was attempting to surprise attack the robber with a swing to the head. Though what probably would give her away was the fact of a very low buzzing coming from her body, something hiding underneath the jacket.

9:33 PM
The Chronicler The Chronicler D duegxybus

Xavier​
Time: 9:28PM

He tapped his foot repeatedly on the floor. He sat in his office, trying to learn more about his wolf form and what it could do.

"I know it can do so much more..." mumbled Xavier.
(alright imma edit it later just wanted to save it)

It was all so chaotic...

The heat, the noise... The smell...
One can never truly forget the smell of rot. The stench of a battlefield is nothing shy of burning, gun smoke, and death. It'll fill your nose with the aroma of war. There's nothing else quite like it.

As far as Jonathan could tell, the smell was about the worst of it. Seconded only by the sheer noise of it all. Being in a firefight was literally the loudest thing Jonathan had ever experienced. A firefight, to put it simply, is downright confusing, and traumatizing. Small arms discharging, Bullets cracking overhead, guys all around yelling and shouting. A firefight isn't just confusing, it's terrifying. You never know what could happen in the next few moments. One second you're alive shooting at spots in the bushes, and in another, you're lying face down in the mud with pieces lead lodged in your chest.

Jonathan's first firefight could only be described as chaotic...

PFC. Elder, Jonathan - USMC 2nd Battalion
January 23, 1968 - 1400 hours
Quang Tri Province, Vietnam - Near Khe Sanh Combat Base

"Jonathan!" a distorted voice rang into his ears. Jonathan was dazed, and it seemed the world around him was spinning. He opened his eyes to see Donavan shaking him at the collar. "Are you alright?" he said, this time his voice was less distorted. As Jonathan regained his senses, he realized the sheer amount of sound all around him. Shouting and screaming, rifles going off simultaneously, and the booming of numerous explosions. "C'mon man, get up!" Donavan shouted, and helped Jonathan to his feet. Jonathan watched Donovan as he made his way into an entrenchment. Jonathan followed, stumbling as he went. Bullets began to crack through the air on all sides, kicking up the dirt next to him. Jonathan then threw himself into the trench. "Fucking hell!" Donovan said angrily as their position was suppressed by machine-gunner somewhere in the foliage. As soon as there was a pause in the shooting, Donovan popped up with his rifle and emptied his clip into the brush. Donavan came back down as the shooting resumed. He popped his empty clip out of his assault rifle and replaced it with a fresh one. He looked over at Jonathan, who at the time was looking over the side of the dirt entrenchment. "I can't kick Charlie's ass all by myself Jonny!" Donavan shouted. "Where the fuck's your rifle?!" he shouted again. "I'm looking at it..." Jonathan said. About 10 yards to the left of their position, sat Jonathan's issued M16 assault rifle. "Shit..." Donovan said seeing it as well. "Don't even think about it, you're gonna get yourself shot..." he said while peering out towards the jungle again. Donovan looked back to see an empty patch of ditch where Jonathan used to be. "Jon!" Donovan shouted as Jonathan sprinted towards his weapon. Within seconds, the air around him was filled with the cracking of bullets hissing by. Jonathan hit the dirt, landing on top of his rifle. Jonathan then rolled to his right, letting himself fall into a crater. Jonathan sat up at the bottom of the hole and checked his rifle's ammunition; a full clip. "Jon!" Donavan shouted again, his voice rather distant now. "I'm al-" before Jonathan could answer, a figure suddenly appeared at the mouth of the crater. The man raised his weapon towards Jonathan and pulled his trigger. To his dismay, the gun made a prominent clicking sound, and he desperately pulled the loading mechanism backward. Jonathan, wasting no time, lifted his own rifle and emptied part of his clip into the man's upper body. The bullets hit him from the down up, ripping into his torso. The man then fell limp and rolled down into the crater. Jonathan was frozen as the body now lay next to him, completely still. Jonathan's rifle hissing, and gun smoke rising out of the muzzle...

"Jon!" Donovan's voice came again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Elder
The Red Door, Bar
9:58 pm. - Present Day

"Jon...?" the bartender said. Holding the bottle of Bourbon Jonathan had asked for. "Hmm..?" Jonathan mumbled and looked up. "You alright?" the tender asked. "Yeah..." Jonathan said quietly. "On second thought, you can just leave the bottle..." he said pushing away the shot glass. "Sure thing..." the tender replied leaving the bottle on the counter. Jonathan lifted it and unscrewed the cap. He took one long swig, coughing as he put it back on the counter. Jonathan sat alone at the bar, the whole establishment, in fact, was empty. "Mind if I ask where you're from?" the tender asked while wiping the counter. "Nowhere important..." Jonathan said before taking another drink. "You know, I don't usually let people stay this close to closing time..." the tender said. "Well then... I must be special," Jonathan replied, swirling the alcohol in the bottle. The tender chuckled, "You know something?" he said. Jonathan barely made a glance to the tender, "Hmm?" he mumbled. "The quiet always seem to have a story," the tender said. Jonathan didn't answer. "Am I wrong...?" the tender asked. For a brief moment, there was an eerie silence between the two of them. The only sounds being ambient city noises outside the bar, and a quiet TV, mounted on the wall. It was set to the News, and there was a dismayed reporter talking about some robbery that just went down.

"I didn't say that..." Jonathan said quietly, then took one final sip, finishing the bottle.

Last edited:
Waveform's True Form
Petra Morozova
Petra lowered her hood and looked at the face of the man who was so poorly trying to fool her. Her mouth was full of ice cream sandwich, so there was an awkward moment of chewing and swallowing from Petra. She held up a finger and finished eating the sandwich.

After a while, she wiped her mouth and shook her head.
"Sorry, I work alone. But we can be of friends if you want." Petra shrugged. Her feet began transforming into light as she noticed that the man before her was a mutant as well. Her reflexes were boosted in case someone attempted to attack her.

And that's what happened. Petra turned to the sound of air to see a figure slowly falling through the sky with a baseball bat drawn. She didn't know this vigilante of any sort, but figured enough the bat was a threat. Her entire body flashed into periwinkle light and zipped past the bat, quick to react to the insect queen's little attack. She trusted her arm out and connected with the insect queen's leg, pulling hard and fast as she accelerated herself backwards with the intent of throwing her to the ground.

Civilians were taking note of the fight. It was only a matter of time before someone alerted SQUAD about a villainous mutant. Some took cover from Waveform's presence. Others pulled out their phones and began to film the fight.

B BlueClover The Chronicler The Chronicler

The Red Door
2200hrs, Monday

Otto left the apartment dressed with dark blue jeans that look like new with a red plaid button up with the sleeves rolled to just below the elbow. The street he lived on was pretty much empty as it was a side road with only a handful of businesses. "Huh, I thought I was gonna have to go to the normal spot." Otto always tried going to this bar before he went to Havok's Tavern for his drinks but this bar was actually open for once, but it wasn't surprising to Otto as he always worked until midnight excluding today. He pushed the door open to The Red Door. The place was empty except for another customer who had just finished up a bottle and the bartender. "Evenin..." greeted the bartender "Hey how's it going? I'll take a Beer and a shot of vodka." Otto replied to the man "yeah, comin right up, you happened to catch this place at a good time, normally I've closed the place up by now" "Appreciate ya, I'll give some extra, normally I have to go down a couple block to Havok's as they are open later" Otto told the barman as he placed a chilled shot and an ice cold beer in front of him "Second shift eh? That's one reason they are open all day every day, not a whole lot of people know about this place, well, I'll be here if you want some more" "Thanks." Otto stood up and moved to the juke box and threw in a dollar fifty and ran a list of songs by The Black Angels and adjusted the volume so it was just below conversation level when it played. The Day started playing, Otto had returned to his seat and threw down the shot and began to sip on the beer, It was very quiet in the Bar so the music helped his mind stay calm, normally he Chatting to women or laughing with his friends from work but his plans had changed and now there wasn't anyone to keep his head level so the music did just that. Otto looked over to the other man, "Excuse me sir, You want another drink? Looks like that thing bein empty ain't helping you too much, and seein as you are still on your feet... well looks like it barely hit ya"

Darth Darth

Andrew Dangrek
Andrew, failing to fool the supposed master villain, he didn't feel unaccomplished or unsatisfied, he knew that she had some type of intelligence. Well, that was a bust, time to head home. He began walking off until he heard the sounds of war, also people screaming in excitement and in fear. Andrew had no intent of helping nor defeating the villainous beast, and he wasn't hearing anything from the bat girl, so he assumed position on the roof he was on earlier.

Picking up the case of guns he threw, his face turned back into a white mist, his arms picking up his utilities and putting them back into the box. He had to be weary of SQUAD or really any other heroes that may hate him for some reason, he's killed plenty of people, what's to expect? Andrew's body moved to ledge of the roof, taking note of the villainous beast and weird hero, than moving back to his beach chair, folding it up and throwing it in a bag. The table was kept there in case he wanted to come back. His arms picked up the case, the bottom of it turning into mist, and soon after, his entire body.

The mist flew away, it's motives and movements were up to Andrew, which, he wanted head to Mount Everest but he needed to head back to his house to regather everything.

Approaching his house, he transformed back into his solid state, rolling to his front door. "Home sweet home." Unlocking the door, and entering, locking the door behind him. Andrew moved to his couch, where he picked up his laptop, unlocking it and proceeding to a website that looked like a ip address. The website was a camera that he put in his basement, he watched several hours of footage in only 3 minutes, luckily, no one trespassed. Andrew put his laptop down, walking downstairs to his basement, the basement had servers labeled as; "Elephant", "Rhino", and "Whale". Still all good. Time to head to bed.

D duegxybus B BlueClover

Last edited:
Jonathan Elder
The Red Door, Bar
10:03 p.m.

As far as Jonathan was concerned, this odd young man was nothing more than a patron. A fellow drinker. It took a moment for the man's words to process in Jonathan's mind. He looked over at him, sizing the stranger up. The young man was dressed plainly. He wore a pair of dark jeans, topped off with a red plaid shirt, it's sleeves rolled up. Jonathan scratched his bearded chin. "If it's all the same to you," Jonathan said without looking at the stranger, "I'd like to know the name of the person insisting to buy me drink..." The News report continued, and the tender turned up the volume slightly, just over the music coming from the jukebox. The report spoke of a recent robbery undertaken by a villain. Which of whom apparently had battled one out with a bat-wielding vigilante. Jonathan took a glance back at the mounted TV, then turned to face the stranger. "Jonathan," he said, extending his hand, "But you might as well call me Jon, easier for the both of us." He continued, "But mostly me..." Jonathan chuckled.

The older man had short dark hair and a groomed beard, and his eyes, they were the eyes of those who have seen the dark side of humanity, the evil it could produce and the horror that it brought.

The Tv was turned up, a reporter commenting on an attack by a Forsaken at a some shop. Ot didn't bother Otto that it was louder than the music he put on as it was more interesting and the bartender hadnt made him leave due to the time.

He extended his hand, wanting to greet Otto before he bought the man a drink, interested in the name of the young man he introduced himself first, "Jonathan" he said, and suggested the he were to be called "Jon." Otto smiled back at the man and firmly shook his hand, "Good to meet you Jon, names Matthais, every one calls me Otto" He said with a cheery toned voice "So, what will it be? Anythin ya want, Jon" Otto said and finished his beer. His mind pulsed with anxiety as it spiked higher than normal but he did not dare show it his heart sped up a bit and his vision tunneled, he needed to alter or distract his mind quickly before it overtook him. "Excuse me, I'm payin for whatever the gentleman wants Ill have a couple more shots of vodka" he said with a discreetly rushed tone. Two shots were placed before him and he downed one immidiately, gently setting down the glass he paused for a moment before turning to Jon, "My apologies, Jon, that was rude of me to offer to pay for a drink then cut in front with my own order, I'll get you two..."

Darth Darth

Last edited:
The Waiting Game
Time: 10:06 PM
Vincente Artemio, Mute

Mute sat quietly in the briefing room as his gaze was settled onto the colored lit projector screen, blaring in the empty room. He had his posture bent forward and his weight shifted to the front end of the light metal chair where his elbows had comfortably rested upon his thighs. A single .50 cal bullet was being casually fumbled between his fingers, keeping his wits preoccupied as he sat idly by watching intently at the screen. Wither it was out of a force of habit or a preemptive measure, he couldn't quite tell for certain. The room itself was decently illuminated despite his personal preference for a darker room. And surrounding him were several other empty foldable chairs, each crowded around in a circular fashion to face the front of the briefing stage. From an exterior look of the area, the atmosphere of the whole room seemed very professional. Nothing in the chamber was out of place or was simply too irrelevant to be regarded. In an odd way, it kinda bothered him. At least with a little bit of disorder he could feel more natural here. But luckily he wouldn't need to worry about it today since he had his mind completely focused on the news.

He'd been sitting in the room for a short amount of time, carefully analyzing the newly arisen situation for preparation of a possible deployment. He always had been ahead of schedule when compared to his squadmates and was consistently devising a strategy of how they were going to deal with their foes. He never liked to go in unprepared, especially when it involved life or death. Any plan was a better option than no plan. From what he could already tell from the newsfeed, it was a supposed robbery turned brawl between two forsakers. This hardly surprised Mute as fighting erupting between forsakers were a regularly common thing in Friction. While most fights in the city had been minor outbreaks, contained by local law enforcement, there are others that became so out of control that it required SQUAD to intervene. But when he critiqued the skill level of each individual he found them to be mid-class forsakers at best. It would probably be even the case that there was no need for a SQUAD deployment for a situation this insignificant. Predicting that it was going to be the case he gave a long hard sigh before leaning back into his chair, still fumbling the bullet in his hands. The sound coming from the news channel slowly became background noise as Mute was now staring blankly up at the white tiled ceiling. He pondered at the thought of when he would get another opportunity to take down another high-value target. It had been far too long since someone of that level appeared in Friction. For the past fives years he had been in SQUAD, he had taken down the worst of what the city had to offer. With the major threats slowly erased, there were few that could very well match his strength. To him, it was boring to be the toughest forsaker if there was no one there to challenge him. Perhaps he could leave SQUAD one day and become a villain himself for many so-called 'Heros' to attempt to stop him. He merely chuckled to himself at the idea. But then he stopped to truly consider the possibility, it wasn't a terrible idea if he was honest. Regardless of what he thought of it, he would sit abide by until something of big had occurred.

Mention: Anyone who wants to join in.
(Shitty start, but yeah.)

Vivienne Mortimer
Vivienne Mortimer.png
There she was, a young girl, humming and swaying while sitting in a circle of bright blue fire. To many people, this would be disturbing, because quite frankly it was. To Vivienne however, it was a lovely Saturday afternoon. Or was it Tuesday? Who knew, she stopped keeping track of time months ago... or was it yesterday? That's not the point! The point is, she was enjoying herself. She wasn't quite sure what had her in a good mood, though she never could recall anything anymore due to her flickering insanity, but nevertheless she was happy. Sitting in her circle of flames, humming her own little tune. It was tranquil. Which now became an issue. "Why does everything have to be so quiet these days!" Getting up she stopped through the fire as if it were nothing as it continued burning in the background, "Shut up me, I didn't ask for your opinion... what? No I didn't! If I'd have asked you'd have heard it!" Flustered with the voices in her head arguing with her, she tuned them out and eventually found herself in the middle of a street. "Now where am I? I thought I was in a field a couple of minutes ago?"

She was. The field was a block away. Still burning. "Oh. So I've been in town this whole time... oops." She giggled, and then a honk of a driver interrupted her. As she looked over to the driver, she glared back and walked towards his car. "Nobody honks at me like that! Now apologize or I will not hesitate to burn you to a crisp!" The man honked at her again, and she was not having it. "I SAID NOBODY HONKS AT ME LIKE THAT!" Holding up her hands, they were engulfed in bright blue flames that began to arc toward the man inside the vehicle. "What's that? It's hot? Maybe you shouldn't have the heater on!" As she watched the man eventually burn to death she began to giggle. "I told you not to honk at me like that... all you had to do was say you're sorry." Too late for that. As she walked through the street, nobody else honked at her. In fact they steered clear of her, and she continued on her way, humming, and eventually walking on the sidewalks like a normal person.
Why does everything have to be so quiet these days?
Vivienne

Anyone Anyone

Kai Evans
Kai Evans.jpg
Most people hated doing nothing, in fact everyone would rather do something instead of lounge around and nap. Not in Kai's case. In fact he could care less what happened to the rest of the world unless his commanding officer told him to care. To be honest though, he still didn't care. Some people questioned why he even joined SQUAD, and the truth of the matter was that he had nothing better to do that was worth his time. Then there was that thing... time. Everyone constantly worried about how much time they had left. Kai didn't... in fact, he worried about how much time he still had. He knew he could alter time, and as a result he didn't physically age, but did that mean he was immune to death through old age or disease? Would he suffer for as long as it took to be cured of some plague that wiped out the rest of the earth if that happened? Time was more of a threat to Kai if anything. A cruel reminder that he could very well live forever against his will. "I'm an asshole... even to myself I'm an asshole." Sitting up from the lounging couch he was on, he'd decided he'd wander about to see what others of SQUAD were doing.

As he wandered the place, he couldn't seem to find anyone, which he wanted to say was strange, but frankly he didn't care. That would just mean he'd wallow in his own self pity some more. Nothing new. That was until he ran into good old Mute. The guy was honestly one of Kai's less favorable co-workers. He thought he was better than everyone else, and even if he was, flaunting your prowess is just asking for people to hate you. Then again, Kai hated everyone just because, so maybe he wasn't that bad of a guy. "I see you're staring at the screen again there Mute... have you learned the language of zeros and ones yet? I'm curious to know what that screen has been saying about us all this time. Unless you've finally lost a few screws... I would help you find them, but that takes work I don't want to put in without getting paid." By now everyone who wasn't new to SQUAD knew of Kai's cynical ways and excessively rude tendencies. Had they gotten used to it? Debatable, but the fact stood that they also knew he was a valuable and trustworthy ally despite his less than favorable personality. "Seriously though, why do you stare at that thing all day? Every. Single. Day."
Have you learned the language of zeros and ones yet?
Kai

Reo7 Reo7 Anyone Anyone

Edward Georgia

Time and time again, Edward could not find the definitive problem. From what his eyes could see, he couldn't find anything new or lost in either brain, they looked exactly the same. Maybe a problem he was facing was the fact he doesn't have any professional equipment to do brain scans. An issue that sparked some problems. Maybe I can incite some sort of attack... Or pick up the remains of one... The thoughts weren't anything new, he was trying everything in his power to have some type of answer. Edward was also no longer able to grave rob anymore due to reports of him, quote, putting a shovel in a hole, unquote. Sounded like a madman made it, but people believed said madman and now they have some sort of neighborhood watch.

Although his findings may not work or that they are non-existant. Edward has been attempting to find something new in their DNA, blood, and fluids in general. His results hasn't been kind to him, ending up with nothing unique of any sort. Edward was due a break so, moving back to his warehouse space, he opened his book, the history one.

Halfway 2/3 through the book, Edward was reading a report made around 1943, it told of a man survived shots to the chest, the man was next to invincible and only died when his legs were shot off and starvation got to him. Like a human cockroach... The report didn't have anymore details, so Edward discarded the thought, resuming his reading.

Andrew Dangrek
Andrew was not one for sleep, it could take him the whole night just for a few minutes of rest, he always found a way to fall asleep, but it happens more when he doesn't want it to. He figured he could have a midnight's snack, while crafting his master piece sandwich, Edward had a thought in his mind. What if I became a villain... The thought wasn't too crazy, he hasn't made a lot of progress recently being a hired assassin, he could still be one, just under different alignment. "That's just insane." He shook his head in disappointment in himself. Why would I think like that?

Finishing his sandwich making process, he picked up the plate on which it sat upon, and carried it to his room. Consuming the sandwich was the best part. With the plate empty, bread crumbs taking up space. Edward than thought once more of the 'become a villain' thing, and he thought of it as a maybe, nothing good came to him as a hero, and chivalrous acts didn't take anybody far in life.

He wouldn't do it if he had to wear a shitty costume, so he didn't mind if his alignment changed. As long he kept the jacket, everything would be fine.

Last edited:
Jonathan Elder
The Red Door, Bar
10:09 p.m.

Matthias shook Jonathan's hand firmly, a gesture of good faith in his opinion. A good firm hand shake gave away lots of things Jonathan believed. It shows the first test of character. In Jonathan's eyes this man was a strong and confident individual. Although after watching him down several shots of vodka, Jonathan began to sense something was wrong. There was no explicit evidence for it, but this young man seemed to be bothered by problems unknown to Jonathan. Matthias apologized for taking his drink first, of which, Jonathan didn’t really take offense to. Matthias turned to him asked what him what he'd like. “I'll have more of the same,” Jonathan said lifting the empty bottle of Bourbon. Whiskey was Jonathan's go-to drink. If not that, then he’d fall back onto beer. If not those two, then Jonathan would usually leave. He wasn’t really an exotic alcohol kind-of-person. Jonathan liked his drinks simple. He first got his taste for whiskey in his younger years, stealing from his father's liquor cabinet. Jonathan had a moment of solace, remembering his childhood and his family. His mind began to drift further, but Jonathan stopped himself from letting his mind continue. Jonathan turned back to Matthias awaiting his answer.

Athena Winston
Time: 10:12 pm

She slowly opened her eyes. She felt someone tugging her feet. She looked at a man that was built, pale in color,bald,and seemed to have skeletal tattoo covering his face.She couldn't move her hands at all. "What?! Hey let me go!" She started to struggle. "Hey! Shut up or I'll make you!!" "Go to hell!!" Once she said that he picked her up by the shirt and proceed to punch her. She was already weak. She groaned and hung her looking to the side. 'If he can just get me to the wall that would be great..the only thing im worried about is why I can't free my hands or legs out of these chains. She started to go out of focus. He slapped her across the face. "Don't pass out on me. Also those chains are made especially for you. My boss has something special set since you cheated and you have something he wants" "I..didn't..cheat" she remembered now. She was playing a game of poker all night and won 10k. 'I didn't cheat, his boss was just too cocky and truly sucked. Wait. Did he just say something he wants?'
"Didn't I tell you to be quiet?!" "Your..the.one.yelling.." she said faintly. He covered her mouth with his hand and looked around the corner "Good no one is going to see me dragging you to the car" He kept his hand on her mouth and started dragging her. They were going passed the entrance door to the bar. She couldn't do as much as she wanted, but she bite the fuck out of his hand. He yelled in pain. "YOU BITCH!!" He had slapped her again. Her cheek was throbbing. Her sight was getting blurry. Then, out of no where, her body suddenly dropped to the floor and her head hit the entrance door of the bar. As she lay on the floor she sees the man running off somewhere. "Sh..it.." she trailed off and passed out.

Bethani

Time: 10:25Pm

"No worries, Chris, have a great evening" Bethani said with a smile as she handed him his prescription.
"I will. And thank you for that discount".
"You've been a regular for nearly a year, so consider it a thank you".
Bethani gave him a courtesy wave as he left, Alia hugging her from behind and pecking her cheek.
"Hello you" Bethani cooed, kissing her head. "It's nearly 10:30, sweetie, nearly time to close".
Alia hugging her tighter, tickling her stomach a little, cute chuckles coming from Bethani.
"So... who's going to close the store and restock the shelves"? Alia whispered into her ear, kissing her forehead. "I don't think it's going to be me..."
Bethani turned to face her.
"Well I really need to go pee, so it's not going to be me and I've been working the counter all evening".
Alia sighed softly and nodded in defeat.
"You win, sweetie, go pee. I'll close up shop and restock". Bethani smiled and kissed her directly on the lips.
"I will. And I love you".

The Insect Queen
"The Big Mistake"
The Insect Queen had made a big mistake by trying to jump down and land a easy hit as she soon felt herself being thrown to the ground. She felt her back hit hard, the wind being knocked right out of her. The Queen felt her breath leave her as she was gasping for air, her vision becoming slightly blurred by the hit

This wasn't defeat as Olivia jumped right back up, attempting to show no signs of damage even though she knew how sore she would feel later. The girl tightened the grip on the bat before deciding to pull that trick that she had under her sleeve. Suddenly, her arm shot out though not in a fist; instead, a swarm of bees and hornets flew forward in a attempt to latch onto the girl and sting her. Olivia finally had a chance to breath and took in giant gulps, the sound coming out distorted from underneath the mask. Her vision finally settled, seeing a crowd start to gather.

Luckily, she was wearing her get up so no one would be able to figure out who she was, or that was what she was hoping at least. The guy from before was no where to be seen though he didn't seem like a villain in the first place so it was no concern to her. The Queen had now taken out the stinger, now thinking that Waveform should take the final dirt nap. She shot forward with the dagger like appendage aimed to her stomach, hoping to get a hit out of the distraction.

D duegxybus

Things Taken Too Far
Waveform (Petra Morozova)
Petra watched in slow motion as the hero was knocked to the ground; a smirk crossed her lips as she watched the hero struggle like an electrocuted bug. However, that didn't seem to end it when the hero stood up. Petra's smirk disappeared and she raised her fists in a close guard. Her hands flew up when several bees and hornets fired forwards attempting to sting her. Not good. Petra felt a bee sting her arm and she gasped in pain, stumbling backwards towards a street light.

The light from the street light streamed into Petra's hands, forming a reddish ball of light. This light was particularly hot, so hot that anyone nearby could feel the heat. People began screaming about fire warnings from the heat of the afterburner.

Within an instant, Petra found the insects burning around her, dropping to the ground like ashes after a snowy day after a fire. Petra even had to close her eyes to cook these insects, and that had taken quite a bit of power out of her. After the insects were gone, Petra took a moment to stand up and reconnect herself to reality when suddenly....

"Ngh!" Something hit Petra's stomach hard. Looking down, she saw it was a pair of brass knuckles impacting her in the stomach. Not good. Petra's small frame didn't help from the impact of an opponent that was almost a foot taller than her. She stumbled backwards and hit the ground, breathing heavily. She sprung up to her feet with her hands, clutching her stomach and looking like she wanted to vomit. However, that was the least of her worries at this point. A small shop behind her had caught fire in the attempt to get rid of the insects. "блять. (Fuck)."

Two bright wings sprung from Petra's back, flapping like a real bird's wings would. She folded them and decided to take off running. Now, Petra was incredibly fast on a good day, but today she was hit in the stomach. She made her way at a semi-fast pace away from the burning building, realizing that if the hero was a hero she'd focus on the civilians rather than her. She was bleeding. Petra clutched her stomach and looked at her hand. There was blood there. And that's all she could think of as she felt her vision fade. Yet all she could do was continue running forward.

B BlueClover

SQUAD
Time: 10:10 PM

Black (Cpt. Samuel Hackett)
Hackett kept his fingers crossed as he walked through the halls of the SQUAD facility. He had just gotten wind of the attack that had happened between mutants, but of course it didn't concern him. He was a teleporter, after all, and that meant that he could be there in an instant provided the location was within 5 miles of the headquarters. Which, of course, it wasn't.

Hackett spun a communications device up to his ear and whispered in a few codes. This made the doors to the SQUAD facility open in a couple of circles, leading him directly to the briefing room. There wasn't much that Hackett had to do. Of course, someone was already there. And that was none other than Vincente Artemio, also known as Mute. That was all Captain Hackett needed to observe for him to issue an alert to other SQUAD members.
"Briefing in a few. Glad you're early, Artemio."

Hackett began calibrating the projectors and such in the SQUAD briefing room, making sure that it was in tip top shape by the time the others arrived. He didn't find a need to strike up conversation with Mute, especially because he was a bit on the busy side trying to manage schedules and which mutant battles to interfere with. Of course, there were some mutants that they had to handle immediately such as the last week's case with "Streaker." That didn't end well. Because of this, Hackett pulled out the communicator again and pressed a button, which would page SQUAD members to attend the briefing session. There was going to be a patrol run, should the fight between the mutants NOT end before Hackett was done briefing.

Interacting: Vincente Artemio, Reo7 Reo7
Mentions: Joseph Vecna, The DoomyFish The DoomyFish ; Xavier Robinson, thatawesomedude thatawesomedude (SQUAD Members)

Issac Franklin
Time:11:31 PM​

Issac was on his way to help some guy who's electricity was on the fritz. "It's Eleven at night, why didn't this guy call earlier," he thought as he was driving to the man's apartment building. He was at least thankful he chose a time where there was little traffic, as that was his least favorite thing about living in the city.

When he got to 70 Bowman St., he checked the address he wrote down, as he had already forgotten it. He eventually found his client's apartment. "This place is a dump," he thought, "no wonder he didn't call an electrician company." The house looked like it had been through a war. There more cracks in the bricks than Issac could count, several windows were boarded up, presumably because they were broken, and he could smell the mold from the inside of his car. He sighed, dreading having to work in this craphole, but money is money, so he got out of his car, got his tools, and headed towards the front entrance.

As he entered the building, he noticed that there was no one there. He looked for his client on the mailboxes, which only had him on it. "Funny," Issac thought, "this guy's living on his own in a dirty, run down building." As he climbed the stairs, they creaked as if they would collapse from his weight. He slowly and cautiously climbed them, not wanting to break his neck. After about three minutes, he finally made it to the top floor, where his client's home was. He also noticed it smelled even worse inside, causing him to cover his nose.

The hallway he was standing in was in horrible condition. The wallpaper was peeling off in places, presumably from the smell, the floorboards creaked even more than the stairs, and water was dripping from holes in the ceiling. "How could anyone live here," Issac thought, amazed this place hadn't literally fallen apart.

When Issac reached the room he was looking for, he was suprised to see that the client's door was in good shape. All the other doors were covered in mold, and looked as if they would fall apart just by breathing on them. Issac knocked on the door, a hundred different ideas of what his client looked like, all of them crazy old hermits. He was suprised to see a young man open the door. He was dressed like he was on his way to a business meeting. He wore a button up shirt, and dress pants that looked very expensive. Issac's eyes widened, not expecting to see this kind of person in these conditions. The man said, "Ah, you must be the electrician. Please, come in." Issac wondered how the man knew he was the electrician that he called, but he remembered that he was carrying a tool box, and that no one in their right mind would visit this place if they weren't some sort of maintenance. Issac nodded, and walked into the apartment, even more suprised to see it's condition than the door. It was lavishly decorated, top-notch furniture and appliances, it smelled amazing, like sugar mixed with cinnamon, and the windows looked like they belonged to a prince of a small country. Issac's jaw dropped, amazed by the state of this place, that contrasted with the condition of the building itself, that probably would fail inspection five times over. The apartment's owner noticed Issac's amazement, smiling and saying, "I see you noticed how it seems impossible anyone could live here, much less live so lavishly." Issac responded, saying, "Y-yeah! Why aren't you living in a mansion, o-or a penthouse!"

The man was quiet for a second, before saying, "If I live here, people will leave me alone. No one would expect a millionaire to live in a crummy, rundown apartment building." The man then said, "Oh, right. Enough explaining why I live here. I better show you the problem." Issac also noticed that the lights were out, the room lit by candles, which would explain the pleasant smell. The man led Issac to a door with stairs behind it. They climbed them, and ended up on the roof, which was also in suprising shape, except for a few holes. The man pointed to a fuse box, saying, "All the fuses blew, and I didn't want to mess it up more than it already is." Issac nodded, walking over to the box, and opening it along with his toolbox. The first thing he noticed while looking at the fuse box was how old it looked. It looked like no one had touched this thing in decades. The fuses looked like something his grandfather used, and he was amazed that these things hadn't blown years ago. He did his normal routine, he sent a very small electric charge through the box to see if there was any other problems. The current stopped at the fuses, so the wires were alright. He took out each of the fuses, and replaced them with the ones he had in his tool box. He sent another charge through, and felt the current go right down to the apartment below, so he was glad there was no other problems. He flipped the switch and closed the fuse box, happy that this didn't take long.

While he was closing his toolbox, his client walked up to him and said, "Thank you, my good man. I suppose you'll want me to pay you with a check." Issac looked up, saying, "Yeah. A check is fine." The man nodded, heading back down the stairs to his apartment. Issac soon packed his tools back up, walking down the stairs as well. The man already had a check written for him, which was a bit strange. "Here you go. I'm giving you a bit extra for doing it so fast." As Issac took the check, he noticed that it was an insane amount, $50,000. Issac's eyes nearly flew out of his skull when he saw this. "W-what!? I only replaced some blown fuses!" The man smiled, saying, "Oh, the extra's also for your... other contribution s to society." Issac arched an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant, before realizing he was talking about his vigilante work. "W-what!?! H-Hour do you kn-" the man cut Issac off, saying, "Shhh... just accept it. Now go, before people start getting suspicious." Issac recluctantly nodded, walking out of the apartment and almost running down the stairs. He couldn't believe what just happened. But hey, money is money, so he stopped thinking about it and just accepted it. He got in his car and drove home. He'd cash the check in the morning.

Otto chuckled a bit when Jon lifted the bottle that once was filled with bourbon, a kind grin grew on Otto's face and he motioned to the bartender "Another bottle for the gentleman please! And Ill take some more vodka as well" Otto cleared his throat and looked back at Jon, taking out a small, flat piece of steel from his back pocket, it was something he always carried, "So, Jon" he said holding the three by two by half inch block infront of him, "Where do you hail from?" Otto asked as he rub the tip of his index and thumb across the edges of the block "I always imagined a connoisseur of liquor such as yourself would have a rather modest place out in the country side" Otto commented as he hid the block from Jon's sight with his hands, He the used his right hand to bring it back into sight revealing an intricately etched stainless steel flask. He used no indication of his power, as he passed the manipulation of the block a some type of street magic.

Several noises came from out side, "You hear that? Hold on, I'll be right back" Otto stood up and staggered a bit from the bar, leaving the flask behind. He took a deep breath and ran outside to the alley. What he found a was a larger well built man carrying and woman who was passed out. "Hey!" Otto shouted as her raised a twenty foot wall in front of the man to block him off who also turned to face him "The *hic* fucks ya think you doin aye?" His words were a little slurred but Otto was confident in his abilities. A dumpster was to his left, he touched the corner and pulled it of reshapining it into a hand and a half sword, "Miights want to put her down *hic* asshole"

Darth Darth
.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.

Last edited:
sugar-candy.sugar-candy.png

Closing in on 70 Bowman St

Time: 11:47
007ec6d697f4f814cb815d529f6c12fb--anime-male-hot-anime.jpg
Alistair didn't have a clue where his next victim could be hiding out, it made it especially hard since he didn't even know who exactly the victim was; although that is one of the downsides of finding your own prey it makes it even more satisfying catching it. As he walked Alistair dragged his fingers across the wall, soon feeling something stale; he exhaled from disgust and scrunched his nose unfortunately inviting in a familiar musty scent into his cavities.

"...Lovely." He bemoaned and kept walking until the entrance of the building, a few memories of past kills entered his mind as he looked at the rickety stare case with adornment; a few seconds had passed before he saw a familiar looking technician/plummer come down the stairs with a well dressed gentleman. Said gentleman handed him a check and by the look on the other's face he must've been given a pretty generous tip.

Once the other man had exited and entered his car Alistair grinned dirtily, "I'm sure that's not the only tip you got..." He paused and thought for a second, "I wonder if he gives out loans..." Alistair put on a playful smirk and followed the man to his room, right as he was about to close the door he stuck his fingers into the pricey looking door and gave out a little yelp while he rubbed his face to make it redden.

"Sir! Are you alright? What were your fingers doing there?!" The man said disorientated.

"I'm sorry for the shock, it's just-" Alistair fake gagged. The man saw that Alistair was a bit shitfaced and being the kind fellow he is he didn't want the man to purge everywhere so he let Alistair in to use his bathroom.

-A few minutes later-

"Do you want me to get you anything sir? Any medicine maybe?"

"No need!" Alistair yelled through the door preparing for the next act. A while later he stepped out and thanked the man, taking a good look at him, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I just came home from the bar and I swear I saw some hero coming out of here. I guess I got too excited." He chuckled nervously to sell the act and looked up, he man had a brief look of panic on his face before he regained his composure.

"Alcohol does like to mess with people huh?" He said jokingly before trying to change the subject; the gentleman seemed weary of him, was it because he was on the mark or did he get a good look at Alistair's stunning face? Hopefully both.

"I'm sorry to draw this out but do you think you could you possibly-" Alistair steps closer, "Give me a little tip on something?"

~Gentleman's POV~

For some reason I can't shake off the vibe that this guy is suddenly hitting on me, until he literally hit me. It had only been a few seconds judging from my clock, but upon closer inspection it seemed to be broken the numbers were beeping at 11:31 around the time the "technician" came, and as if on cue he came through the door. I tried to pull myself up but my body didn't move, and as the face came near it looked more and more like paper; soon it was up against my face and it slipped something into my mouth, something bitter with the consistency of paper.

Soon the room started becoming wavy, I looked over to the vigilante as he pulled a piece of plastic out of is mouth and wiped his lips, "You're not exactly my type, but I got to say you are pretty cute. Sorry about the drug by the way, I could only get the cheep stuff."

~Alistair 1's POV~

The saran wrap crunched under my feet as I began my work torturing the man claiming I'm the "hero" he saw earlier, and by the time I was finished I cleaned and disposed of the evidence. Sadly The man died prematurely so he couldn't frame the man the way he wanted but it couldn't be helped .

I tried my best to get rid of everything, even going as far as to clean the toilet. Soon after I pack my things and slip on some gloves head out to a few other rooms, luckily I know they haven't sold one of the rooms of a guest that "disappeared" so I'll just stay there for the night.

Mentioned: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
+ open for interaction
(Sorry if it was a bit rushed, I was trying to finish before you logged off)

Last edited:
Dresden Itra
715b68241570464e2462746a92579950--hot-anime-anime-characters.jpg

Time: 11: 52 pm

Looking down at the cuts along his hands, Dresden sighed deeply to himself. He hadn't wanted to be out here this late, but any amount of overtime in order to make more money, he was willing to do. Tonight, he'd managed to drop one of the glasses and upon picking them up, the shards had cut into the thin skin of his hands and had yet the stop bleeding.

"What fun, what fun." He muttered to himself under his breath. Dresden used a minimal amount of control to keep the blood from actually leaving the wounds and walked the short way to his apartment, hoping for a quiet night to himself. Staying back till midnight and having to wake up much too early the next morning, Dresden was already exhausted simply thinking about it.

He looked around his surroundings. Things in the neighbourhood seemed calm, which meant that things were most likely not. Regardless, it wasn't his place to interfere, not unless he was directly involved. With a deep breath, he ignored the sent of blood in the air and walked home. Whoever died tonight, he'd figure it out in the morning from the tv in the coffee shop, but for now, he was entirely uninterested.

Thankfully, he didn't live all that far from the shop, the run down and almost abandoned looking building was right within walking distance. On the outside, it didn't look like much, which was a pretty accurate estimate. The only people who lived here were those who either didn't care about the chance of dying in such a terrible neighbourhood, and those who just couldn't afford anything better. Dresden was of the latter.

With a small sigh to himself, he climbed up the stairs to his own room and swung the door open. He was exhausted, and the only thing he wanted to do was sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back