• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forsaken [IC][Always Accepting]

Jonathan Elder
11:35 p.m.
Apartment Complex, 19th Street

Jonathan picked the mug off the island, and began to sip it. It was smooth, medium roast brew and Jonathan savored the familiar taste and aroma as it went down. Jonathan took his coffee plain, he didn't even take a look at the sugar, or though about creamers. As Jonathan and the others enjoyed their cups, Athena proceeded to explain her somewhat troublesome endeavors. She explained that the guy Jonathan put down was one of many still trying to find her after many years. "Since she was eight...?" Jonathan thought to himself, "That's one hell of a long time to hold a grudge..." Jonathan had a hard time believing her words, but Athena seemed to know what she was talking about, so he believed her anyway. Jonathan listened intently, but didn't say anything. He remained reserved at his corner of the island, sipping at his coffee. Matthias told Athena how the man was dead and gone, and that she didn't have anything to worry about. Jonathan found the comment a bit blunt, even Alex thought the same as she elbowed his side. Jonathan didn't mind as much though. Athena then began to express how she was grateful for everything, but said she must be going. Jonathan turned his head to her, "If these guys still have it out for you, after so many years," Jonathan said, he could no longer keep his thoughts to himself "Then it's probably not safe to go out there, not now anyway". "That guy probably tracked you down," Jonathan continued "If there's one thing people like that don't do, is send one guy." Jonathan said, "Especially if they've been after you for so long..." Jonathan stopped himself for a moment. "All I'm saying is, that if you go how do you know there ain't more of those assholes waiting for you?"

.Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat.
Gradous13 Gradous13

Time: 11:36 pm
Athena Winston

Athena looked at Jon. "There was more of them at the beginning..but it ended with that one guy" she paused in thought "but to answer your question...I dont know if there are more assholes. I usually take the risk if it means that others dont get hurt" She drank the rest of her coffee and put the mug on the counter. 'i dont want them to get hurt, but Jon does have a point. I havent even thought about the condition I was in..' as she thought that a shock of pain came from her stomach. She winced and tried to be discreet as she crossed her arms gently over her stomach. "But you do have a point..they are relentless when it comes to taking me, but I dont want to overstay my unexpected welcome.." As saying this she saw some concern over their faces. "You guys have already done enough from killing that guy to patching me up." Athena tried to state her points as fast as she could given that she didnt know how long her body would stay awake. Her vision was already getting weird and her head was pounding still. She started to pinch her arm to stay focused.

Last edited:
Jonathan Elder
11:41 p.m.

Jonathan listened to Athena, again emphasizing that their help was appreciated greatly, but she does not want to be the cause of any more inconveniences. Jonathan looked over to Matthias for a moment, then turned back to Athena. "I know this isn't my home, in fact this my first time in here," Jonathan said, "But, I can't help but feel you are safer here..." Jonathan glanced back to Matthias again, "Staying would be up to him, but I think Otto feels the same..." Jonathan looked to see if Athena was convinced, but as he did, Jonathan noticed a slight discomfort in her body language. Her arms were crossed, and her eyes were narrowed. Jonathan sighed, "But really, if you think it's best for you to go..." Jonathan said, "I wouldn't stop you..." In the back of Jonathan's head he wanted this young woman to stay. If what she said was true, then her heading out into the the dark streets and alleys would only end up one way. Jonathan barely new this woman, usually Jonathan would never have gotten into a situation like this. But for some odd reason, Jonathan couldn't help but feel a need to keep her out of harms way, or at least prevent this from becoming far worse.

Gradous13 Gradous13

Last edited:
Time:11:43 pm
Athena Winston

Athena saw the concern in Jon's eyes even if he said he won't stop her. Even though her initial thought was to leave, but what he said was very true and he felt that she needed to stay to make sure he doesn't worry.She thought for a moment, not wanting them to hear the pain in he voice. "If..Otto doesn't mind then..I'll listen to what you said and stay here for a bit..I mean it wouldn't be smart to leave with me recovering" She looked at Jon as a bit of relief washed over his face.She then turned to Otto. "I would only stay until im well enough to be back on my own and that would be at most a week.." As Otto answered an overwhelming pain and fatigue washed over her and she lost the strength in her legs. "Im okay..just, if youll have me I would like to stay" She said using the counter to get back up.

Matthias Vollrath
Apartment Complex, 19th St

Matthias zoned out in state the made him seem like he was deep in thought. He had leaned up against the counter top and stared down at the half finished coffee in his mug and for him his mind was empty for a bit as he searched his persona for the feeling he had felt since Athena was in their care... "Compassion..so that's it....hmm, to think I rid myself from the last bit ever since our last day together..." Matthias thought to himself with another part of him spoke out within his conscious"I see you still love her... don't you, Matthias?" "...........I try not to" Alex's hand touched his, bringing him out of his head "Are you ok?" she whispered to him, bringing herself closer to Matthias, "I'm alright...thank you for the concern..." "She still has feelings for you..." "Shut up will ya? And don't be such a fool." "Are you sure you are ok?" she asked once more with the same tone "I'm just tired" Matthias replied. Alex gave him a very skeptical look, she knew how he was, how he hardly slept, how his abilities barely took much out of him "Alright, just making sure." Matthias brought the coffee to his lips and drank the rest while listening to Athena and Jonathan discuss a little bit of Athena's past and a potential option for her to stay safe instead of leaving right away...

"You can stay for however long you deem necessary to recover" Matthias responded, Athena suddenly lost some strength in her legs and almost fell to the floor but regained her balance before Matthias could get to her. "Like I said, you are welcome here, If you get hungry I have a large Pantry and a full fridge, and Alex, Jon, if you also wish to stay that's fine, the girls can decide on the rooms, both the recliner and couch are very good for rest so you can pick either one, unless you want a cab home I can call you one or Alex could give you a ride home if see's kind enough, I'm going to step out for some fresh air, well for a smoke actually, and we can get thing situated after" Matthias said and stepped outside to the balcony...

The air wa still cool and crisp when Matthias stepped outside. he leaned forward against the balcony and pulled out a silver cigarette case with his name engraved in it and removed a rolled cigarette from under the left spring loaded tab which held the cigarettes in place, hit lit the smoke with a blank stainless steel zippo lighter. After taking a drag Matthias sighed out his breath "Compassion...I don't understand why, I don't like such an emotion... I'm cold but I blame them, that's how I grew up, in the cold and hate..." His mind began to run away on him so he took a hard drag of his smoke to calm his nerves...

Darth Darth

Jonathan Elder
12:01 a.m.

Jonathan debated whether or not he should leave or not. The city seemed quiet now, with the sirens long gone and traffic had vacated the streets. Jonathan looked down at his empty mug, then around the kitchen for a sink. He spotted one across the counter, and he moved towards it. Jonathan turned his head to Matthias, who had stepped outside for air. He saw him take out a lighter and cigarette. Jonathan turned back to the sink to wash his mug. He turned the handle slightly so that the noise of the rushing water wasn't too loud. Jonathan took the nearby sponge and began to gently scrub the interior. "And to think you hoped tonight would be a peaceful evening..." Jonathan thought to himself, "I suppose it still is..." He finished cleaning the mug and looked out the window above the kitchen sink. The city was too bright for stars to stick out. The night sky was a deep dark blue, and the clouds hinted at yellow from the city lights. Jonathan narrowed his vision and saw himself in the glass. His reflection stared back at him, and Jonathan saw how much of mess he was. Jonathan's hair was short and unkempt. His prickly beard as equally at a loss for maintenance. He looked at his clothes, his brown leather jacket appeared old and worn. His white button shirt was wrinkled and tinted yellow. Jonathan looked down at his lower half, his jeans looked just as worn as his jacket, and were rolled up partially. Finally, his boots which had seen many years, were black.

Jonathan turned his head back up to face his reflection. "What are you even doing here...?" Jonathan shook himself from thought and turned away from the sink. He glanced to the balcony, where Matthias was still enjoying his cigarette. He turned his head back to the kitchen, where Alex and Athena still resided. They were quiet, and if they were speaking it was to a whisper. Nonetheless, they were occupied. Jonathan quietly walked towards the door of the apartment. He stopped in front of the entrance to the balcony for a moment. Matthias seemed like he was deep in thought. His eyes were glued to the air. "Never quite thanked you for that drink..." Jonathan said to himself quietly before reaching for the doorknob. He paused for a moment, his hand hovering over the handle. Jonathan thought whether or not he should. Of course, he should stay because he just helped these people, why leave now? But Jonathan knew he couldn't stay, he shouldn't stay. Jonathan couldn't stay anywhere.

His hand finally grabbed the doorknob, gently turning it. The door opened with a slight creak and Jonathan slipped out before quietly returning the door back into place. The next thing Jonathan knew, he was back out on the street. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and began walking down the sidewalk. Jonathan glanced over his shoulder one last time, before disappearing into the dark and empty city streets.

Gradous13 Gradous13

Time: 12:03pm
Athena Winston

Athena watched when Otto left outside. She looked at Jon and Alex and said, "I dont need much, I'll just sleep on the couch." She really didn't mind as long as it wasn't the cold counter again. Her and Alex made small talk with the basic questions, how are you? How do you know each other?.As they were talking she noticed that Jon was keeping to himself now. 'I should probably start laying down before someone ends up having to move me' She slowly went to the couch.' It felt like she had 20 poinds extra weighing her down. She finally got to the couch and laid down. Her brown hair covering some of her face. She didn't have energy left to move anything so she left it alone."Since its most likely that I will fall asleep, so before I do goodnight I guess.." she trailed off as the couch felt so comfortable. She felt like she was being sunk in the material as she let herself be relaxed. 'It's funny..these are the first people to want to help me without asking for anything in return. I feel guilty, but ill try to do something tomorrow if I can. It feels wrong if I just stay here and do nothing' That's what she thought. Her eyes fell upon the reflection of the tv she saw a figure, probably Jon, leaving out the door. 'i wonder if I'll ever see him again..' she said to herself before her consciousness slipped away.

Darth Darth
Gradous13 Gradous13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back