• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic For the Emperor!

Verse Zero

Welcome to For the Emperor!, the rp series where you command a unit of cannon fodder in the miserable universe of Warhammer 40K. The series will be episodic with role players taking control of an Imperial Guard Regiment of the Astra Militarum as it serves through the horrific battles and grueling campaigns of the 41st Millennium. Now since each In-Character thread is episodic a role player is not stuck with one Regiment all the time and can switch or possess a new one and customize them however they wish.

The Story

Episode 1

The Amerikon Sector, Segmentum Obscurus, is in turmoil! In 326 of the 41st Millennium the Sector was stricken by a Plague of Unbelief. The Sub-Sector Aethonia, core-ward, was struck by this Plague almost exclusively. Within weeks the Hive World of Ephon II went silent, followed by the Agri-World of Ephon IV in the same system a day later. 13 days to the mark the Ageon system 1.7 light years away went silent. Imperial Navay Patrols dispatched to these systems never returned. Finally at day 28 it was confirmed that the shambling hordes of the undead were seen in the cities of these silent worlds as the Industrial world of Perkin's Reach was overrun. Chaos was at work here, and its whispers spread to over a dozen worlds as their populace's revolted against Imperial authorities. The entire Sub-Sector was considered lost by day 91 as Chaos forces under a figure named The Archdeacon of Corthaur invaded the Sector Capital of Saint Helia. Conquering 30% of the planet within a week before Imperial forces in space and on the ground managed to halt the invaders.

For days the fighting ground on as the Sector marshaled it's forces and prepared for a Counter-Offensive on Saint Helia to regain the initiative.

Lexicanum

The above is a url to an excellent source for those unfamiliar with Warhammer 40k.

The concept sounds great, but to my opinion it will suit better for an RTS game, so unfortunately... i'm not interested ( i have no idea how to role play a full regiment).

on the other hand if you will be willing to GM a "regular" RP set in WH40K ill be more than happy to join.

best of luck :)

Yes, being a player for the actual RTS game I can relate. But Warhammer 40k does facilitate role playing within its own universe. Whereby instead of rolling dice and moving miniatures you are writing narratives in real time with characters instead of figurines.

Thank you for the reply though I appreciate feedback :)

It sounds pretty interesting. Though there could be more details. I have once designed a fictional crusade, but never been able to play it.

Sign me up as interested. Need a few more details as in how we go about building our units and such but the concept is one that intrigues me, so I'll join!

Well I can give you a crash course on how Regiments are to be constructed.

Regiments of the Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard is the other common term) are homogeneous formations that often fit a specific role on the battlefield or are trained/outfitted for certain types of warfare. This by no means limits them to specific types of operations, as Regiments often due have to adapt tactics for the situation, and can receive equipment in the field. But Regiments at their core specify in a certain type of combat. For example an armored Regiment will contain little else aside from its tanks, vehicles, and support units. An Infantry Regiment will have little else aside from its Infantry formations etc.

So the basic components are:

Command Staff

Battalions/Company level commands

Platoon and possible support below Battalion/Company level

Squad and squad support elements.

Some examples from famous Regiments:

Armageddon Steel Legion - Lexicanum

The Armageddon Steel Legions excel in fighting Orkz and mechanized warfare.

Vostroyan Firstborn - Lexicanum

The Vostroyans excel in winter and urban environments. They are also from one of the few worlds that tries to reinforce it's Regiments in the field rather than the common practice of founding new Regiments to replace old ones that have mustered out, been folded into other formations, disbanded, or been destroyed.

Cadian Shock Troopers - Lexicanum

Excellent shock troops and really the 'vanilla' Guardsmen by appearance.

Now Regiments due vary wildly in size. Some are just a few hundred strong while others are tens of thousands of fighting men and women with their own Regimental command staff and support formations. Allowing a Guard force to tailor itself to the specific theatre of war.

Astra Militarum Armoury - Lexicanum

See this for the various equipment, vehicles, weaponry, and arsenal of the Guard. Due note that as in the lore certain weapons are rare. Baneblade tanks will be in short supply and the extreme majority of Armored Regiments would be lucky to have one. I will be rather strict on this to avoid having some Regiments be extremely over powered.

Also of note I will not allow entire Regiments of Stormtroopers due to them being elite soldiers. You can have some 'attached' or like the Cadian Kasrkins have a small element (like a squad or platoon pending on size of Regiment) organic to your Regiment.

All of that is to avoid having the same group of people simply blasting away all opposition like it's nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in joining this as well. i have some experience roleplaying as multiple people from my time as a helghast general in a role play on kik. still new to this style of rp but I believe i can pull this off.

Tehre is noh time to beh lohst!

Batul Brothas!

Spehss Mahrens, todeh the enemeh is at oua doar! We know oua duteh and we will do eet. We fight for our honor as Blod Rehvens,

as SPESS MAHRENS, and we fight in the nehme of the Empra!

And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste

deff and defeat!

As you know! Moast of oua battle brothars are shtehtioned in SPEHSS, Pruhpeared to deep strike! Oua perimeter has been

pruhpeared in the even dat oua enehmies should be so bald and so foolish. We have plehced numerous beacons, allowing for

muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes

The Codecks astartees nehmes this maneuvah Steel Rehn. We will descend upon the foe, we will ovawhelm them - we will leave none

alive! Meanwhile oua ground fawses will ensue the full defense of oua headkwaters

We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA'S FUREH!

@Corrosion thay was beautiful

But we will all be Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) in this. The regular humans who with standard issue adamantium balls (even the women get them), epic valor, courage that would bring manly men to tears, and all probably going to die...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back