Experiences First time roleplaying?

First time I rolpay was by my Sheff and I play every character in the role play Sen thing If that make Sencse ??

i was on flipnote hatena and i was rping as my sonic fan characters. i remember running home from school just to get on a chatroom with my small group of friends to rp. good times man

Nearly 5 or so years ago on Chatzy...well technically, it was the second roleplay I did, but it was a far longer one than the first one. It was basically an MLP RP Room, and so I RPed as Princess Luna on there...and oh boy, I did not convey how she would act at all, because I was thrown in with some characters somehow having modern things, or demonic powers, and quality was basically nonexistent, really...but, I still remember it, as a way to drive me towards improvement.

I pretty much smutted around with people, Now I don't want anything to do with smut. Naaaay. If you can really even call that RP.. I mean it was on an RP site, but there wasn't usually any storyline.. so.. it was terrible. xD I have yet to actually start and complete an actual RP, so I'm pretty excited for the opportunity here.

I cringe when I think about my first RP. It was long time ago and back then standards such as "paragraph style" didn't exist in the minds of those who participated. It was basically a bunch of very edgy vampire mary sues, and *writes like this*-style.
I cringe when I think about my first RP. It was long time ago and back then standards such as "paragraph style" didn't exist in the minds of those who participated. It was basically a bunch of very edgy vampire mary sues, and *writes like this*-style.
Actually, the asterisk style's older than the paragraph style by far. I was using it in 1997. I don't see the apparent "shame" in it-- but people will grab at anything to look down on someone else for.

On the bus to day camp. We held auctions for equipment before adventures and I swear some people thought we were gambling back there with how excited we all were. :D

Technically the first time I actually roleplayed was some time in 2007 on World of Warcraft. I was very young then however, with no knowledge of roleplaying and probably terrible grammar to match. I believe technically the first time I 'roleplayed' was smut. I was playing as my innocent though hunky human male character and these two lascivious human females (mmm those sexy pixels...) managed to get me to buy them some wine from the tavern and led me to the upstairs bedroom. I think I got catfished. (Although in turn, I used what I 'learned' to my advantage and became a very successful catfish myself. I made at least a thousand gold. Holy shit, they were so gullible lmao).

When I actually got into roleplaying was around 2013 on this obscure little site 'GoToQuiz', and although my grammar was probably acceptable, most of my characters were overused tropes and Gary Stus. Although I consider myself to be a significantly better roleplayer, the site's mostly degenerated into preteens preoccupied with crappy romance stories, and gay smut was rampant last time I checked. Almost all the good ones either left or just quit RPing. RIP GoToQuiz lmao

I remember my first time quite vividly. I was in middle school and I was in a website called Foopets where I was originally there to take care of my dog. I had wanted to breed her, but wasn't sure how so I went into the forums tab and so happened to pass by Roleplays. I had heard of it before, but never really knew what it was about. I had joined a wolf pack RP where all we did was one line the entire time. Mind you, my grammar wasn't up to par as well.

Till this day I still cringe about back then. I hate one lining and prefer paragraphs. Plus I always re-read everything to make sure out isn't misspelled.

My first RP was on a different site, was one about a war between human-dragon hybrids and people marked by deities to defend humanity. My character started out one of the strongest heroes of the story, and by the end was the final villain. It only had six people, but we had four factions and around thirty oc's, each with a substory and importance in the plot and a rather set powerscaling by the end, though even the weakest of them if clever could defeat almost anyone. Loved the thing, but it died down after I was defeated.

I was 11 and had never even heard of roleplaying. I was on a site called horse isle and agreed to it just because it sounded interesting and I liked the avengers haha. I've been roleplaying ever since

My first roleplay . . . do I even want to think about it. Yes! It was with some friends that I knew personally, and we all joined a site at the same time just so that we could roleplay the idea that we all had. It was horrific werewolf based roleplay, and lets just say it was horrible then, and it just makes me cringe thinking about the dang thing.

Was a naruto rp where they kept track of chakra being used. Where you had to buy jutsu and essentially debate your way to victory after "rping". It wasn't cringey so much as it was bad because people were more involved with exploiting rules, than rping.

Oh gosh mine was way back in 3rd grade when I frequented an Oekaki (it's like a forum but everyone draws?) and it was in the little chat function on the site. I don't really remember that the subject was but I remember being frustrated at the other person because they were being super OP

I can barely recall when I started role-playing over the internet, but I do remember that it involved a lot of symbols, mainly stars representing actions and everything of the sort. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe it was set in the Naruto Universe (ah, good times). xD Definitely have come a long way since then.

oh god i think it was in instagram? i used a character named vincent, and i still have him to this day-- he just isn't an edgy fuck as he used to be before. but i remember getting into rp because my friend dragged me into this group chat that had this fake gang going, and my first rp consisted of me using that character, and trying to hone in on my writing skills asap. i look back on it now, and i cringe.

My first RP was a group RP called Freddie Mclair Must Die (wanna guess the inspiration?). It was pretty trash and I was a pretty trash writer and RPer at the time, but it was such a positive experience, I've been RPing ever since.

The first RP I did that, I think, actually went well was another group RP that had been titled Ravitam; I can't remember much of the plot aside from "a bunch of different fantastical races coexisting." My writing still wasn't very up-to-par, but it was the first time I was really grasping the whole idea, writing a little bit more than only a line or two, and really designing a character I felt was cool and fun to play and interact with. Was it perfect? No. But it was a whole lot of fun.

The first actual roleplay I did was a Star Wars one. I was six, and I used to get up after everyone had gone to bed so I could log in and roleplay for an hour or two. I was a Moff, and while I was never a key player in the galaxy the others were a friendly bunch and I learnt a lot as well as getting hooked on something I still do a lot today.

Obviously, since I'm here!

I was a very geeky child.

Wait I just remembered this one time as a kid I was on the phone with my friend and we slipped into these random personas.
We were like nine, suddenly taking on different names and having an elaborate discussion about our households and families and annoying husbands (mine was always away, hers was emotionally absent, I think) and how work was going. We got so into it, guys, you have no idea, we were talking for like forty-five minutes. We improvised on the spot. Never discussed it beforehand, haven't actually discussed it to this day, it just sort of happened once and we rolled with it.

Random anecdote, but I think roleplay in general starts with make-believe games as a kid.

As for my first formal, written roleplay, it was a walk-in on this forum of a game site. It was Stardoll. The one and only place I roleplayed before coming here, actually, but yeah, this was in the early days of roleplay on that site so you played as your avatar (MeDoll omg my childhood) and just wrote. First-person, non-homogeneous tenses tense use, as 'come as you are' as they come. There were virtual pool parties and virtual towns and virtual schools and I had such a blast. In the towns, even in those days you actually had to fill out a character sheet, because those were usually their own forums rather than a thread in a larger forum/"club".

Boy, I can't boil it down to the first time. My first introductions to roleplaying were on the MEEZ website. I don't think anyone even uses MEEZ anymore. But I got a taste of anime school RPs, arranged marriage RPs, and all the other garbage I used to enjoy. I moved on to other places and grew a lot of the roleplays I still love out of the wonky and trashy ones I created on that website. In a weird way, I owe it all to MEEZ.

I think my first RP back on GaiaOnline (hooo boy) in like 2008 was a group with some odd premise where half the characters heard voices in their heads, which were played by the other half of the group, and it was assumed schizophrenia but it turned out they were all half-possessed by angels???

It was a wild ride.

It was a Warriors Cats RP. And it was a goddamn mess.
The clan started a fight over ANYTHING, they had more enemies than allies. also I really struggled with implementing my characters (I still do to this day, although it got better), so they often just lurked close to their hole/lair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back