Experiences First time roleplaying?

I cringe when I think about my first RP. It was long time ago and back then standards such as "paragraph style" didn't exist in the minds of those who participated. It was basically a bunch of very edgy vampire mary sues, and *writes like this*-style.

My first actual roleplay I loved. I have tried to recreate it on several different forums with no luck at all, It was about a forest filled with magical beasts who were being threatened with having their home destroyed by something unforeseen and the only way to stop it was to somehow get all of the warring species to come together to fight for their homes. I remember my character was this small demon wolf with wings.

My first forum rp was something very loose based on the premise of "characters meet and you hold the wheel from now on". It was convoluted and confusing and I barely remember it but I had tons of fun. I tried recreating it after it died just to the thread die in like 6 posts :c
After that I started doing 1on1 rps-- and yes I did write *like this*

It was one of two I can't remember for sure:
Roblox (yeah I know it was a long time ago)
On the World of Warships forum. There was a WWII nation builder, one I recreated successfully on RPN and ran for what I'd like to consider a long time

A fantasy loose based on Lore Tales, I think. It's still running, but I lose interest after the main storyline is finished.

It was a group one liner, but the characters were interesting. I played a devil who steal powers through contracts.

Oh god. Mine had started as a typical fantasy school thing, but it didn't get very far before the more experienced members called it quits and dragged me off to start a different one.
Ended up being based in a city full of different supernatural creatures, with a whole monarchy system and constant wars and evil vampires xD it was cliche but I really enjoyed it.

I think it was an Elfquest roleplay, snail mail style. My penpal and I would have our characters write each other letters. Sadly, roleplays always ended before their time with her. After that I found another partner that was really good and that stayed with me for many years. With her I did mostly Dragonball Z (with lots of AU stuff involved) and OC roleplay.

I remember I used to roleplay nearly everyday with two friends of mine back in like 2008 on Roblox. While the stories weren't great since we were just kids, I remember having an amazingly fun time with them.

If I can recall, the title was Yu-Gi-Oh Cross Dimensions. We'd go to duel academy, duel, and cross over with other franchises like Kingdom Hearts or DragonBall Z.

On Roblox we built our own city and houses, had those dueling bikes, it was a lot of fun! Now here I am, someone looking to do more serious RP's. Roblox had a very large influence on me.

I GMed a RP where all the players were cursed objects that wanted to take over the world. (think a cross between "The One Ring" and "MTV's the real world" -- "what happens when everybody stops being conspirational, and starts getting real!" -- was fun but I Lacked the stamina I have now and was too harsh with the size of my encounters....

Mine was on the "State of Decay" forum. It was a Zombie RP, where everyone just posted one or two lines. The writing was bad, the grammar was horrible, and the story was boring and cliché. The really sad part, it was public and with only one other person. One of the other forum members described it as "It seems all the 'lurkers' started their own RP". I stuck with it because I loved the idea of creating a story with another person.

it was on some stupid game. i think it was pixel gun (idefk). it was years ago... but... my character had like 8 kids and then got aids. df i was like eleven or something. the other two people in this rp were these two girls and we were all suppose to be sisters. my character and this girl's character almost died. it was very cringy, but for some odd reason i loved it. i'm very glad i moved on from those terrible rping days. ;]

Last edited:
My first real forays into rping were around 2012 or 2013 back when I rped on Miiverse. Not good times looking back. Joined here around late 2014 but didn't really understand rping until 2015 or so.

I used to roleplay on a Minecraft forum, using edgy and generic anime pictures. It was horrible. I was horrible.

My first forum rp was pretty fun and went on for a long time even though it was a bunch of Mary Sues. But since everyone was a Mary Sue it's balanced. ;)

My first 1x1 rp was original fantasy. And it was amazing. Even though it died out due to our lack of free time and posts are lost, I still remember the characters and plots.

My very first roleplaying experience was on an Inuyasha-based chatroom.

I started off there RPing as Inuyasha and got into trouble with several different girls.

I dropped that character entirely (after being beheaded) and started RPing in a ninja section of the chatroom.

The ninja RP I was in was hella long. Lasted for a few years. Same peeps just stayed around forever, so we kept it going.

It was actually not that long ago! I started last year and tried to find people to roleplay with through email.

Such as I am an anime/manga nerd I did a kuroshitsuji roleplay. We didn't finish due to school and such, sadly. I had fun but I was really rough. I miss it now!

oh god i was 12 years old on a site called foopets.
i was all dandy just taking care of my virtual pets, until i found the forum section. they were mostly highschool and wolf pack RPS. My first ever RP was a Warriors RP. I loved the books and it was pretty fun for a while however it was extremely cringy as many have stated above. Well eventually my pet died and they shut down the RP forums and that was the end of that. I stopped writing for a while until I found this site :p

The first one I actually got off the ground and posted on?
It was either Vampire Knight roleplay OR some vaguely mutant roleplay.

I got my start on Horseland back in middle school. Believe it or not, it was a mix of horrifically bad Warrior cat clans and highly literate vampire covens. It actually gave me quite a bit of experience toward the end of my time there. I got started on one way above my skill level and they took me on and helped me grow.

My first RP was some school RP

My character had the ability to control time within his immediate vicinity. He had a servant that followed him and obeyed him. They had an extremely close relationship

Like most School RPs and RPs in general, it failed fairly fast. The GM withdrew, and me and 2 others kept it alive for a bit.

I even remember their pictures and names
images

Nodochii, the adorable servant who could shapeshift

images

Koji, the main character

Terrible RP and a terrible character I made. I loved Nodochii though, and it actually started a nice trend of me having an adorable sidekick in the form of a sibling, servant, or familiar for comedic relief and character development

Users who are viewing this thread

Back